All Cvent Event Management Reviews

Event planning made simple

JulieMichelle

Hospitality, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed July 2023

Costs are offset by benefits

PROS

Reporting is an excellent feature that allows real-time reporting on almost anything you can think of (there are tons of standard reports built into the system, but you can also create custom reports). Being able to provide stakeholders with a link to run reports on-demand saves a lot of time on the planner's end. The event website is easy to edit and keeps attendees up-to-date with information (thereby cutting down on calls and emails with questions). Emails can be set up to be sent out automatically upon certain parameters being met.

CONS

Cost is a bit higher than other event management platforms, but tends to have very few glitches (if any) and provides excellent management of events from a couple of people to thousands. I have worked with other platforms that could not handle large groups without crashing, so the consistency in performance is a comfort. Oftentimes, you'll find the cost of the platform is offset by time savings.

Andrea

Medical Devices, 5,001-10,000 employees

Cvent Event Management - System Administrator POV

Cvent is a necessity for our business to conduct events. We have a mature Strategic Meetings Management process in place and have customized our instance of Cvent to meet our needs for notifications, approvals and checklists for planner documents so we can close out budgets.

PROS

As an administrator focused on Cvent reporting, the access to most elements of meetings is made easy with the report templates in the system. In most cases, you can mix and match different data points within a report rather than run multiple reports and append data. Any time data manipulation is involved the integrity of the data can be compromised. The ability to set some parameters prior to running the report, incorporating filters, and easily move columns makes the reporting aspect user friendly. The ability to publish reports to Access Portal also allows on-demand reporting by non Cvent-licensed users without having to ask someone else to run the report.

CONS

Some data is not accessible from the client interface of Cvent reports, such as Peak Nights as entered in the meeting request form. I also wish more data was available within the report templates in the Admin Reporting module, such as Meeting ID in the Meetings Management Notification Delivery Report. Overall it's a great product and we have a fantastic support team available to help as needed.

Layton

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2018

Big, robust, and clunky

I have a love/hate relationship with Cvent. I've used several other event management tools, and can say that Cvent is the most complete of any I've tried. It is a purpose built software that serves its purpose well. However, it can be difficult to use.

PROS

There are some really nice tracking features. Unlike many other event management tools, Cvent seems to be more contact based vs. event based. This means that you can track the same people more easily through a series of events, email, and participation history. It is very robust. If you know what you are doing, you can set up an event registration with any combination of options (sessions, various attendee types and registration paths within the same event).

CONS

If you need a simple but stylish event registration, Cvent is not for you (but the price probably already told you that). They obviously recognize that the Standard registration is way to complex for the casual user and the end user interface (the person registering) looks like it was built a decade ago. To address this, Cvent has rolled out "Express" and "Flex" registration to try to simplify the process. In my opinion, these products are awful. They have tried to dumb down the software and make everything drag and drop that it is very difficult to use effectively. There is very little ability to customize the look and feel of event webpages, forms, and emails in this new system.

Hello Layton, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent. We're sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with Flex and have shared your feedback with our product team. Your feedback is invaluable as we are always looking for ways to improve our current offerings. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions or need any assistance.

Replied April 2019

Mary Ann

Banking, 1,001-5,000 employees

Cvent Event Management - Mary Ann Hall

Once I read and understand the program, its easy with tutorials and articles in the help section to figure out what I want to do step by step. If those do not work there is an excellent customer service to assist.

PROS

The ease of use, the valuable data that it compiles, and the ease for the attendees.

CONS

I dont think there isnt anything I do not like about the Event Management.

Reason for choosing Cvent Event Management

Ease of use, the data the program can provide, and the flexability of advancing events in the program.

Regina

Accounting, 501-1,000 employees

DMA Review

PROS

Cvent can be as robust or as simple as you would like it. I have used it to create multi-day, multi-session events or a simple one hour webinar. It has enough features to easily handle everything.

CONS

Oftentimes, I have trouble with the minor details, like making sure I click the sync to HubSpot button when launching an event or remembering where I need to go to update the calendar description when someone clicks the 'add to calendar' button.

Alyssa

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Not Great for Registration

Overall, don't love this platform for what I use it for. I understand that it's good for other things and integrations, but for registration, it's not that great.

PROS

I only used it for registration site building for the most part, but I know you can do many things with Cvent - they have a lot of tools under their umbrella that all integrate with one another.

CONS

The registration site building is not super customizable. I've used many platforms for this and this is my least favorite. The customer service is sometimes slow to respond, or just doesn't in some scenarios, and they don't cover everything - you can connect with someone and then they say they can't help you and send you to someone else.

Reasons for switching to Cvent Event Management

Our client made the switch - we as an agency were not included in the decision making.

Kayla

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Daily Cvent User

PROS

I use cvent event management daily. It's incredibly helpful for events where you need to register several attendees and collect their data.

CONS

It can be tedious at times to set up a website and makes changes.

Manmadharaj

Pharmaceuticals, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed April 2024

Cvent cares you event!!!

PROS

Web registration, payment set up, reporting, attendee hub

CONS

I don't think I have anything specific to event management. It works the way we expect.

Elizabeth

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Cvent Overall

PROS

easy to manage events, especially registration.

CONS

lack of customization, a lot of templates look very cookie cutter.

Elana

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Feedback

One a vert long way in last 4 years. Slow to pivot during pandemic but seems now back on track

PROS

Freedom to create templates that are unique to our business

CONS

Payments especially vat splits and refunds

Reason for choosing Cvent Event Management

We stayed as so much work and training had been done

Reasons for switching to Cvent Event Management

As other biz unit was on it and we needed to align both business and integrate into salesforce

Sierra

Information Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2024

CVENT Reviw

Overall, I enjoy CVENT. I believe it is a solid event tool that I would recommend to others.

PROS

I enjoy how customizable everything is and how there is a process for everything.

CONS

Cvent community is never up to date. If we have questions, we have to message our cvent contact.

Michele

Accounting, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2021

My Right Hand

There is someone always available to help. There is a 24/7 support team. All my requests are tracked, attended to, followed up with. They are very attentive, helpful, knowledgable, and extremely polilte.

PROS

DMA’s issues before Cvent were: not knowing where to search for venues, taking so much time to gather and distribute information, no ability to break out registration types or have sessions, no way to link to our CRM. Everything was manually created and manually managed which was very analog, time consuming and disorganized. This became an increasing problem as we went from 10 events a year to 40 with only one person managing everything. Now with Cvent we can handle all of our event needs within one platform. From the start of the event request from our stakeholders using the event request form, venue sourcing, event website, event emails, event attendance check-in/tracking, virtual platform integration, evaluations and CRM integration. It now has an access portal so non-user stakeholders can access important event information.

CONS

This software is not cheap. However, cheap things are not good and good things are not cheap. Cvent is always trying to enhance the platform. Unfortunately, some enhancements take time to build.

Reason for choosing Cvent Event Management

We felt that this software platform would meet all of our event/webinar/roundtable/meeting needs, which it does.

Reasons for switching to Cvent Event Management

We needed a more robust software platform and one that would integrate with our CRM.

Denise

Hospitality, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Cvent Event Management is an easy and effective management tool

I enjoy building our programs on Cvent, there was a learning curve as with all systems, but with Cvent's wide range of help desk options we know we always have resources at our fingertips to help us along the way.

PROS

We use Cvent event management daily for multiple clients in a various array of fields. Cvent allows us to customize our registration sites so we can relay meeting specific information to our attendees. We build simple to very complex sites, mobile apps, in-person, virtual and hybrid events. Having one platform that allows us to build all of these options based on our clients needs is amazing, easy, and time saving. We can easily provide reporting, planner alerts, session content and so much more.

CONS

I'm still getting used to the new mobile app layout and features. I used to build the mobile apps on the old Cvent platform and there are a few features I miss having access to such as groups, which made assigning last minute breakouts for attendees a bit easier.

Thanks for your feedback Denise! Just to let you know, Audience Segmentation (Groups) in Attendee Hub allows you to configure page visibility and push notifications. We are happy to report that it will include sessions very soon and should give you the capabilities you have described. It should be available in the next month.

Replied November 2023

Reviewed July 2021

Cvent in a K-12 World

Our school can now offer transparency when accepting money for events. We have improved our communication with our participants. We have streamlined our check-in procedures for our events. Our parents love the event emails that we send out. Our administration loves the data we are able to collect.

PROS

The Cvent platform saved graduation! Our K-12 school operates in an ever-evolving atmosphere, and Cvent allowed us to pivot on a dime during the pandemic. We were able to grant a better than expected graduation experience to the Class of 2020 through the help of Cvent and Crowd Compass. We have upped our game in communicating with our participants registering several devices. We are kicking off the new school year with season ticket passes for sale through Cvent. We just finished up an elementary summer camp that consisted of over 113 different camp sessions. Our event manager was able to keep track of 5 additional weeks of camps with over 113 sessions and 325 registrants. She loved the flexibility of OnArrival because she was able to register walk-ups on site.

CONS

We are stretching the platform further than the platform can perform. We have minor children without email addresses, and that tends to confuse the parents who are trying to register these children for our events.

Gladys

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed August 2018

Be prepared for a 180 degree experience with Cvent's Event Management solution.

Cvent's event management software saves countless man hours and potential marketing costs.

PROS

Cvent's Event Management solution truly automates your meetings & events marketing, registration and check-in processes. Upload your attendees with from an Excel or CSV file. Create and send save the date, registration open, reminder emails and practically anything else you can think of to effectively market your meetings & events. Check your registration numbers at-a-glance. Run reports to see who registered, who didn't, and even who is possibly thinking about it with the abandoned registrations feature. My favorite tool is OnArrival (event check-in). Put those days behind you of paper tickets, attendee checklists, and long lines & chaos at the registration table. Upon arrival, your attendees check-in on an iPad, or you can scan them with a mobile device, and look cutting edge while doing it!!!

CONS

I would say that Cvent's Event Management platform, like any other tech platform, has a learning curve a moderate one. Setting up my first event was challenging even with training. To my surprise, setting up my second event was even more challenging. Partly because I challenged myself to create vs. copy (feature) my second event from scratch. Due to the platform's many, and I do mean many, features and functionality, I found it difficult to remember all the steps (menu navigation) to create an event. Undeterred, I contacted Cvent's Customer Support (really Customer Care as they go the mile for you) to help me create my second event. For the second time around, I worked smarter and documented all the steps. I can honestly say, it's been smooth sailing ever since! If I run into a snag or have a question, I contact Customer Support or look to my Cvent Community for help. There are many meetings & events solutions out there, but it's hard to beat one of the first and best to market! Stop searching and give Cvent a try.

SarahEmily

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2016

CVent is both the most unique and innovative option for all your planning needs

Cvent is an incredible platform that, when utilized to its fullest, is a planner's dream. It is possible that you can use it for every step of your planning process starting with venue choice, through budgeting and marketing, and ending with full reporting and broadcasting. It also has multiple platforms built into it that allow your meetings to run smoothly. These include web applications for attendees, quick registration tools, and various ways to track your progress along the way. They also provide integration with their own tools as well as some tools your company/organization may already be using. Throughout the entire process, CVent provides excellent customer support with check-ins that meet your needs/desires. If you'd like them to check in they will and they will also frequently review your account to find ways in which you can better utilize their assistance and products! If you'd rather have a hands-off approach, they're fine with that too.

PROS

I appreciate the many tools that exist within the Cvent system. It's truly remarkable that CVent can help you plan and successfully execute every moment from the first step onwards. They seem to have thought of everything!

CONS

I have found that since they are often attempting to 'do it all', the reporting options through Cvent can often be very cumbersome and leave you sifting through too many options. However, please keep in mind that, if you are lost, they will help!

Reviewed July 2018

Cvent is a great tool for doing lots of different events

We as a company get a lot of benefit out of this product. It is easy to use and to keep track of lists. Registration is a breeze once set up and it is very easy to collect data and payment. The customer service is great and they are very helpful and responsive.

PROS

Cvent is a great tool when you have lots of small events that need different lists to manage. It makes creating new events from a template very easy and painless. The user interface is very clean and they continually update it to make it better. The reporting features are robust and very easy to use. The customer service are is very responsive and they are very thorough about their follow up.

CONS

I would love easier features when it comes to customizing the event pages. Something like the Squarespace editor for the actual event sites would make it much easier to see what we are creating instead of relying heavily on HTML skills.

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent! We take great pride in our client support services and are happy to hear they've been a valuable resource for you. We¿d also like to tell you more about our loyalty program, Cvent Celebrity. As a Celebrity, you¿ll have opportunities to take part in beta testing, be the first to know about new Cvent products and events, learn best practices, and earn cool rewards! To learn more about Cvent Celebrity and to join, visit http://bit.ly/2IuDlXh Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions or need any assistance!

Replied July 2018