All Brilliant Directories Reviews

Dr. Virginia

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2021

Our Search is Finally Over!

Overall, it has been an excellent experience with the Brilliant Directories team. I had many questions and found a lot of my answers in their very active Facebook group. They were very quick to answer all of my questions when I reached out to the team or support. This is literally one of the most comprehensive association/director/membership platforms available and you can have it up and running in a few hours. It is a game-changer for us since we've tried many other options.

PROS

We love the fact that with Brilliant Directories, anyone can have their site up and running ready to accept new embers within a day. This is a mature, robust platform with outstanding features. Our use case is an association with a multi-tiered member directory. After testing the site, we found that Brilliant Directors meets and exceeds our goals. The platform offers many features we had not thought of that will add great value and help us scale quickly. We like the fact that everything is built within the platform and the user interface is pretty good, especially compared to the competition.

CONS

A few of the feature limits, like storage, are potentially a bit low if the site membership grows significant, which is the goal. Fortunately, they have add-ons at affordable prices so the features can grow in pace with the site.

Reason for choosing Brilliant Directories

We've been working on our membership and business directory site since 2010. We began with WordPress, then moved on to several SaaS products and all fell short of our goals. After hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars, we are thrilled to find Brilliant Directories as our solution. Our use case is an association with a multi-tiered member directory. The platform offers many features we had not thought of that will add great value and help us scale quickly. We like the fact that everything is built within the platform and the user interface is pretty good, especially compared to the competition. The top three reasons we choose Brilliant Directories are: 1) It is a fully developed mature platform using a done-for-you model, 2) It is feature-rich to support organizations just getting started and those that are in high growth mode, 3) The price-point is a high value with a high return on investment (ROI)

Reasons for switching to Brilliant Directories

There is no comparison between the two platforms. I don't feel comfortable mentioning the name of our old platform, but the user interface was terrible. Brilliant Directories is a breeze in comparision, not only for us on the adminitstrative side, but for our members as well.

Frank

If You Demand the Best - Look No Further

AS far as a business relationship goes, I have never been treated more professionally by any other company that I have dealt with online. I feel appreciated, respected, and valued as a long-time customer. The integrity of everyone that I have dealt with over the years is beyond reproach. The personal attention I always receive and effort put forth to do the best they can by their clients is unsurpassed. I cannot speak highly enough about their complete professionalism.

PROS

My directories have become the backbone of my business. The years that I have invested in learning how to maximize the constantly growing list of features and expanded capabilities have made my investment in the BD platform one of the most solid business decisions I have ever made in my inline career. Knowing that my search for the perfect platform to use as a foundation on which to build my business has allowed me to grow and prosper in a fiercely competitive marketplace.

CONS

The inability to build high-end landing pages that render beautifully in mobile view. While there have been improvements in this area, there is still a long way to go. I hope capability gets serious attention in the new year.

Reason for choosing Brilliant Directories

After so much disappointment with the alternatives, I decided to bite the bullet and purchase what for all appearances looked like a platform that was built by people who actually knew what they were doing. I'm continually patting myself on the back for making such a wise decision. Before BD everything was an expenditure, usually wasted. My BD purchase is an investment that has been paying dividends for over 5 years. The constant addition of new features can only improve my revenue going forward.

Reasons for switching to Brilliant Directories

WordPress directory themes and plugins, even when built by the best developers always fall short because the person who built them has never had any actual experience running a directory site. It doesn't take long when using these products to discover that they fall woefully short in meeting the needs of someone wanting to run a 'professional' online directory. These products are simply NOT up to the task. Compared to BD, they are toys.

SK

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed June 2017

NO SOURCE CODE

None. Waste of money.

PROS

Lots of features. Their salesmen are good at telling you all the things you want to hear. After your payment clears the bank, you learn the truth about the limitations.

CONS

Their claim to provide the source code is BS. Regardless of what they tell you, they limit access to the source code and you will spend a lot of money trying to customize the system. I believe they limit access, so they can sell you Customization Hours. The designs are way outdated and customizing is very limited. Look deeper at their examples. We fell for the initial purchase and then a follow up email for another license for super cheap, so before I could get into customizing their product, I owned two licenses (and still do, for sale by the way). On the surface, BD appears to be perfect. It is great as long as you don't need unlimited access to the code or REALLY need to customize it (not talking about changing colors). You decide.

Hi SK, Jason Haloossim here, founder at BD. Thanks for your feedback. It helps make things better for our entire community. I want you to know that we care, and I'm sorry you had a bad experience. We want users to have great experiences - and we try to achieve this is by listening to your concerns. I'm very sorry you had a hard time editing source code it's one of the main things developers love about BD. You also have access to your MYSQL Database, FTP, and even cPanel. Beginners love the easy point-and-click settings and developers love the access to source code to make custom edits. Here is a link on our website that shows you how to edit source code: http://bit.ly/2vGvenc Here is a Press Release that explains how BD is built with developers in mind: http://bit.ly/2hCHHTE We want you to succeed with your website and try our best to eliminate obstacles. I'm really sorry you had this bad experience, but I want you to know that our team is here to support you.

Replied August 2017

Ivars

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Excellent software to build your dream directory

Your customers can have membership plans so they can publish in your directory. BD has many useful tools integrated - like SEO, Payment gateway, and different cine of post types.In BD you can costumise everything. Also, their ready-made templates and ready to go out of the box. Builders have blocks to start with and like the flexibility to edit the code.

PROS

Brilliant Directories is an easy way to create business directories (my use case).The user interface looks clean and intuitive.Page speed looks great.Builders have blocks to start with and like the flexibility to edit the code.Several types of posts are available and like the access control etc settings.Their tutorial videos are also a huge help given how many features the software has.Absolutely amazing and friendly support.

CONS

With so many features it can be bit hard at the beginning I would have liked them to increase the bandwidth and storage

Reasons for switching to Brilliant Directories

I have used WordPress for over a decade, and now, will never go back ;) although it will take me some time to become proficient with BD, it will be worth the time invested so I never have any more hassles of maintaining a WordPress site.

Keith

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2022

My favorite straight-out-of-the-box membership directory builder!

It has been my favorite SaaS purchase all year. Worth every single penny, and I feel confident that this company is going places!

PROS

Candidly, the training videos and support team has always been so helpful and detailed. Where most software tutorial videos end up being insanely long and boring, Brilliant Directories nails it with a great library of FAQs, pipelines for setting up and configuring your website, and a Youtube library of webinar replays that give you ideas how to incentivize upgrades. A close second is, of course, the powerful website builder itself. The whitelabel functions are not obnoxious and you can customize nearly all colors and pages to your liking.

CONS

So far I am so excited about the items on the roadmap for Brilliant Directories. My only complaint would be the learning curse for beginning to conceptualize the feature trees for members and how each member can tag themselves to be listed in different sub- or sub-sub-categories. I am still practicing, but with many preview tests, it is very evident how unlimited the possibilities are.

Reason for choosing Brilliant Directories

It appeared to have the least complex integrations and setup compared to WordPress plugins, and the demo website looked professional/modern and unique enough that I didn't think it would scare away too many cold leads visiting my homepage for the first time.

karen

Human Resources, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2020

great product with loads of bells and whistles

excellent. staff excellent at resolving issues and answering queries

PROS

really happy with our decision to move from another product to brilliant directories. whilst it takes a while to get to grips with the customisation options - this product can be tailored to suit almost any membership site deployment and there is great support available to get you up and running quickly.

CONS

slightly clunky admin interface - could be more intuitive about where to find things

Reason for choosing Brilliant Directories

pricing structure and free trial suited my needs

Reasons for switching to Brilliant Directories

wanted a more elegant public facing website and wild apricot did not deliver this.

Phil

Restaurants, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed November 2021

Over the Top Support

This particular review is focused on the support from the people at Brilliant Directories versus the product itself (which is excellent!!). All of my interactions have been positive and I have received the help I've needed at the time. From my initial contact with the company via [SENSITIVE CONTENT] initially as well as his help in the last few days, the assistance has been excellent. The support team has been very responsive in my experiences with them, when I have had questions about how to do something, or when I have wanted to know "if" I could do something. Their willingness to go beyond has been over the top for me. That doesn't often occur these days and I am thankful.

PROS

Ease of use to get up and running in a short amount of time with the basics for adding members. Fine-tuning does take more time to get into, but is expected. The better prepared and organized you are before getting started, the better.

CONS

There is a learning curve to refine what is needed on a long-term basis, but that is to be expected with going to any new platform. It depends a lot on your model and what you are wanting to do. The upside is that the support and the community are very helpful as you build out your directory, which is very welcomed especially when you are new and maybe not as sure where you are headed with your business.

Reasons for switching to Brilliant Directories

I love WordPress but Brilliant Directories includes so many options for what I wanted to do, out of the box, so to speak. It meets my needs without me having to finagle around to get to where I wanted to be.

Nigel

Reviewed July 2022

Great software for Directory builders and membership sites.

The number one choice for directory software. I've been looking for a suitable directory software for some time. The only viable alternatives to Brilliant directories are either way too expensive or WordPress based. For me, WordPress is simply too risky to use for a business making money unless you are a WordPress ace or employ someone else to manage it. I've had numerous bad experiences with WordPress and would rather spend my time making money than messing around with tricky software. Also my last WordPress site got hacked badly. So, Brilliant directories is a no Brainer due to the security of Saas and ease of use. I bought a comprehensive package, because if your serious about using the product, it has all the features you need with a generous member limit and the necessary bandwidth. Navigating the software is very simple and the options for set up are comprehensive. I like the payment gateway features included and the way that I can set up the membership plans for my website. I'll be interested to see what future features will be added, but make no mistake, this is not a new solopreneur startup as many thousands of businesses are already running on BD. Therefore the risk is negligible It's 5 stars from me! Recommended.

PROS

It's Saas based and very easy to get started with.

CONS

There are some confusing plans to choose from. It's not cheap, but it could be worse. At the end of the day, you get what you you like pay for!

Reason for choosing Brilliant Directories

I wanted to avoid WordPress I researched other Saas options and Brilliant Directories appeared to be the best option based on what people were saying online.

Nick

Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2020

Love it for two big reasons!

Loving it and loved the service. Super quick and responsive service.

PROS

There were two reasons I bought Brilliant Directories within hours of discovering it! Firstly, the software itself was far better than any other directory I had found by far (including the horrible experience of trying to build one on Wordpress with ListingPro). Secondly, the service. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]called me within minutes of my inquiry and patiently walked me through the platform. She was super clear and very helpful and I "walked" away with 3 licenses!

CONS

Nothing yet - I am still building it but it's clear to me that is is excellent.

Aesthetics, flexibility, service

Reasons for switching to Brilliant Directories

Just so many more features can be deployed so quickly

Augustus

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Great Directory

PROS

All the features. Plenty of options that can benefit members. And use as revenue if you choose.

CONS

Not having groups for members to engage within the site.

Edirectory - price Wordpress- ease of installation

Sandy

Reviewed March 2021

Brilliant Directories: A Brilliant, Outstanding Company!!!

Another major factor in our decision to go with Brilliant Directories was that they provide the most support on the plant! You get helpful videos from some of the best business directory experts in the US. It's is like going to BD university. Their online help universe gets you the answers you need immediately. Also, if you are still struggling, you can get help by submitting a ticket. The customer support people are great! Also, their Facebook page has a very active community that shares ideas and is there to help you 24/7. If you are looking for the whole package, killer software, great support, and an active community that is there to help you reach your goals, seriously consider Brilliant Directories as your online solution. You won't regret it.

PROS

When we first starting researching directory software, we spent a few months looking at various options in the marketplace. Since we were working with major companies in every market, It was very important that the platform be very stable, be loaded with features, and be bug-free. It needed to be solid, day one. We read all the reviews, tried all the free trials, and finally made our decision. After extensive evaluation, the Brilliant Directory product easily won the competition. Brilliant Directories is a "World Class" product. It's rich in features. Really, it has more features than any other platform. And the best part, it all works! Unlike other software, that can be buggy, the Brilliant Directory works the first time. And if you are having setup issues, their customer care people can help you get up and running quickly. Also, if you can run Microsoft Office programs like Word or Powerpoint, you can set up a Brilliant Directory Website. There is nothing to code. And unlike other products, you won't have to spend thousands of dollars paying your IT people to try to make some other buggy directory software work properly. If you've ever struggled for days or even weeks with second-class software to get it running right, you will appreciate how simple they have made the software to the end-user. It's easy it is to get up and running in a few hours! That right, hours, not days or weeks.

CONS

We really don't have any major or minor complaints about the software. I was expecting that something so complex, with tons of features, would be a nightmare to set up and run. I expect problems. It ended up being really easy. Most of it is was automatic. Like all high-quality software products like iPhones, or Microsoft 365, the Brilliant Directories software is elegant, solid, and VERY user-friendly. This is the one to beat!

Reason for choosing Brilliant Directories

The other directory products are simply not in the same league. None offer extensive video training and support. If you want a low-cost, high-quality product for your business or organization, I would seriously check out BD. Congratulations to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the gang at Brilliant Directories for building a World-Class Product and Organization!Brilliant Directories is the real thing. The best software! The best support! The best people!Brilliant Directory Rocks!Sandy DavisPresidentComStar Network

Jon

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Used more than 2 years

Great Value

Generally good ... I will say I haven't used it as much as I have hoped but ultimately that is on me ....

PROS

I really like the webinar Wednesdays when I have attended them, I will admit it has been a while but see the additional training as valuable. I find the software robust and while my website building skills are on the lower end I can usually figure out how to use the software, it might take me a little longer but ultimately I usually figure it out.

CONS

In some ways the same as my pros in that it can be somewhat difficult and overwhelming at times but that has to do more with my skill level but generally I find a way so not too much of a complaint here.

Reasons for switching to Brilliant Directories

I was initially with RelyLocal which is similar to a franchise model and felt limited by the options their software offered social set out to look for my own opinion and narrowed it down to Brilliant Directories and one other of which their name escapes me at the moment .... I came close to going with them because they offer a mobile app but ultimately found Brilliant Directories a better value with more options so once I was informed getting an app added was possible and relatively easy to do when I want to I decided this was the way to go. My initial directory has essentially been placed on hold as my mother in law needs full time care and lives over an hour from where we lived and ran a "shop local" directory so life changed our path but we have ideas on how to get rolling in 2021.

William

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2019

I highly recommend Brilliant Directories!

I have been with Brilliant Directories for several years. Their platform is the absolute best for running a powerful directory. Working with reps. is really phenomenal. It is really amazing to me that I can easily set up and run a powerful membership website. What I love the most about Brilliant Directories is their outstanding support staff, hundreds of online step-by-step videos, Webinar Wednesdays, and extensive online documentation. People that work at this company don’t just want to sell you a website package. Instead, they are all about creating successful business relationships! They fully understand that their customers’ success is their future success. Their Bootstrap framework provides the flexibly for each particular business needs. Thank God I no longer have to deal with trying to get a theme and a countless number of plugins to work together. I have 4 websites with Brilliant Directories now and plan to add many more in the future. If you are looking to get your business online, I highly recommend Brilliant Directories. They are #1 for a reason!

PROS

Having the 50+ dynamic add-ons provides me a website comparable to those of billion dollar companies.

CONS

My experience with Brilliant Directories has been PERFECT.

Tima

Used free trial

Reviewed September 2014

If you are looking for a directory template or software, Brilliant Directories is all you need

I just want to thank you for the last 8 weeks working with all of you incredibly awesome people at BD. I want to thank you Dennis for finding a great yearly solution, the warm welcome, your vibrant and uplifting personality and your proactive 'it can be done' attitude. I want to thank Gaby for being an incredible first coach, you listened to every concern, always guided me in the right direction and made me truly feel I had a friend holding my hand through those first days Kindness and professionalism are hard to come by these days'and Gaby you have this rare ability I want to thank Esteban who as a developer really eased my mind, was so incredibly willing to help at all hours, his coding talent, and the energy of how much he really is proud of BD. He got me through that time when I was about to throw in the towel. I want to thank Alex 'for her meticulous responses, to every bullet point, her kindness and empathy ' and her professionalism and great organization. I never worried I wouldn't receive a response, and always felt at ease you would always find a way to get everything done. And Oscar ' thank you for the last 'bugs'. As a developer, I need to say, your code is excellent, very light'script-wise etc. And hardly any bugs. I've worked on CMS's with so many scripts (for example Magento) - yours seems light as a feather. The BD template has great SM integration, email templates and member backend - you saved my client thousands of dollars in development fees. If my client takes advantage of your lead generation system - there is no excuse for not having a successful directory. You have supplied all anyone needs for a strong launch. That you don't have a lot info for a developer yet is probably the only thing that was frustrating. It would be nice to see visually what all those widgets are in the backend, but I know that will come in the future. Finally, at some point, Alex said to me, 'Welcome to the BD family' on Skype. It really meant something to me, I actually felt it, and after days of working with you all I realized just how much of a family you all are, how you all respect each other and work so closely and with so much care. That 'Welcome to the BD family' wasn't just a typical business welcome. It was a real thing. I would love to work with you all again. And for sure, I will be recommending BD to other developers

Mainul

Information Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Brilliant Directory is a dream product for directory solution

I find them very professional in service. Great training materials and documentation.

PROS

The best part of Brilliant Directory is it complete integrated solution looking at almost all aspects needed by the business group, associations or community. Starting from membership to classified, real estate, product catalog almost everything is there to serve a business group or community. Before coming to BD, I have tried many other solution which solves on pieces of the puzzle but does not offer all in one composite platform. Additional features or services integrated in the system, offers extra marketable strength for the client if one looks from the business point of view. From service point of view, i have got answers or solutions within 24hrs in most cases. Did not experience any bugs so far. VIP addons are really powerful and end users never said no when i explained the features to them. Representative always goes extra miles to keep the customer happy and earns our undoubted loyalty.

CONS

Initially price seemed to be on the higher side comparing other solutions in the market. But once started using it and exploring the features, it was worth investing. If one is really intending to be in the business for long time, life price will start making sense. Post moderation feature could have been an integral part from the beginning, but now it is there.

Reason for choosing Brilliant Directories

A features rich integrated solution with great support.

Reasons for switching to Brilliant Directories

To me it seemed incomplete and less intuitive.

Andres

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Brilliant minds think alike

PROS

There are step by step instructions that make no sense and then there is the simplicity and clarity that the folks at Brilliant Directories bring to the table. I’ve now invested in a second Brilliant Directories directory because I know that if I can’t figure something out on my own even after reading their posts, searching their databases, asking the community and watching their awesome videos, that a highly qualified Brilliant Directories support person will be there for me, patiently helping me and making sure all is resolved in a satisfactory manner. The Brilliant Directories software and the Brilliant Directories team, for example [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who is awesome and the Solution Center team members are all nothing short of BRILLIANT!

CONS

My biggest challenge has been finding the time and patience to truly get to know and thoroughly understand how large and vast the BD solution really is, how much customization and optimization is possible and how much awesome potential this brilliant solution. really truly offers.

Jason

Used free trial

Reviewed June 2016

Brilliant Directories is the Gem that entrepreneurs, publishers, and startups have been looking for

Being a publisher and site designer for the last 7 years, I have used many builders, and platforms to produce new publishing concept ideas. Each one of these also had their drawbacks; lack of quality, huge learning curves, manually coding issues, etc. I knew the features I was looking for , but was always unable to find them all together for that perfect setup I needed. After years of building far from perfect material, I finally ran into the website for Brilliant Directories. After reading what they offered, and seeing the quality of sites their system can produce, I was very interested, and knew I had to take the chance. I signed up immediately, and right away I got the tools I needed to open my account. I was also introduced to their customer service representatives, which are really great people, and very helpful. Once I began working and developing in the brilliant directories software, I was literally able to design and launch that perfect site that I've been trying to build for last 7 years in about 2 days. Their software is so efficient, and easy to understand, but also has much depth with its options. Mostly, it provides the tools needed for a quality page rank, which is crucial for growing new visitors. The next day, I immediately bought a full site license, with no second thought. The license is an investment in my business, and being able to produce such quality sites myself is absolutely invaluable. It is a very exciting thing for any business owner to realize they now have the tools to build out all their unfinished greatest ideas, along with new ones to come. A very rewarding feeling for sure. I have not encountered any cons with brilliant directories, and I can say that I'm very fortunate to work with such smart talented people, with whom I have developed good relations. Brilliant Directories is the best website development program I have encountered, Their customer service and help departments are professional. There is nothing in my way now to achieving the success I have been working towards.

Sam