• Pros

• "Integration with our website, ability to create useful reports and and excellent customer service"

• "Cost effective software. As a new organization we don't have the budget to pay for a membership program outright. With a per user fee, it is very budget friendly."

• "I like to automatons and the different reports I can run. also to ability to run more than one report at a time. "

• Cons

• "Although Membee has strong reporting features, determining which report and which filters to use for any given scenario can initially be daunting"

• "the time it takes to run a report and that i have to constantly press search to speed the run time."

• "In some places not intuitive. Still too early to give a real meaningful review."

Browse Membee Reviews

Jeannine from SCW Pickleball Club

SCW Pickleball Club

We implemented Membee for our Pickleball Club in July, 2019. Although it hasn't always been smooth sailing Membee has always been helpful in resolving any issues we've encountered. We are just finalizing our first year end and our membership renewals are the highest they have ever been. Thank you.

Pros

I used to process our Pickleball Club's membership manually which meant a 25-30 hr volunteer work week. Membee has reduced the amount of work I do by more than 50%. Continued support throughout the learning process has been wonderful. The Membee support team has been great. If the issues are urgent, Membee responds promptly and efficiently. The daily morning Chat help line has also been very helpful to get answers quickly as we continue to learn how to navigate the system.

Cons

We've had a few issues with Members (including myself) not being able to login due to "blocked cookies" even though our settings have not been set to block the website. For the most part our members have been able to resolve the issue by clearing their browser history.

Reasons for Choosing Membee

The monthly subscription for Membee was more reasonable for our Club. We also liked the fact that Membee help throughout the implementation process.

Response from Membee

Replied April 2020

Hi Jeannine, thank you for the invaluable feedback and for sharing the amazing testimonial - we're ecstatic to hear that Membee has helped you reduce your administrative work by more than 50%! We would also like to thank you for working with us regarding a cookies issue that was caused by a bug in Safari. We appreciate your commitment and partnership with Membee!

Janice from Quad Riders ATV Association of British Columbia (ATVBC)

Excellent software - best ever customer service and tech support!

Annual invoicing, done automatically by Membee (via email or letter mail) has increased membership retention by over 50%, allowing our organization to double its membership in two years. Automation of previously manual processes (reporting, invoicing, etc.) has allowed our organization to grow substantially without needing additional staff.

Pros

Membee allows us to manage our membership simply, from sign-up to annual invoicing, with a full range of member options and reporting. Our membership has doubled and we are managing the increase without additional staff - Membee saves us that much time! What really makes Membee work is the customer support! The software features options to fit the requirements of different types of organizations - rather than having the organization fit the software. Staff know the product well, are quick in understanding what customers need and answer questions daily in clear, easy to understand and follow language. A wide range of well-written tutorials are also available. As a provincial non-profit, Membee is affordable.

Cons

Switching between keyboard and mouse slows down data entry - keyboard only options would be fantastic.

Reasons for Choosing Membee

Price and Membee's willingness to work with our organization to make the software work for our needs (dual and family members).

Response from Membee

Replied June 2019

Hi Janice! First of all, thank you for taking the time to write such a positive feedback about Membee, reviews like this make us love what we do even more. We love to help our users and we're always happy to go above and beyond. We're also ecstatic to hear that Membee has helped to grow your membership and increase your membership retention rate - by 50%, amazing! To thank you, we're providing a complimentary month to your subscription, we hope you enjoy Membee more and more, Janice!

Jason from Tourism Industry Association of New Brunswick

Prepare for lots of mouse clicks

Membee is not mobile-friendly, which is a real pain. Forgetting how nice it would be to have a mobile app, it's next to impossible to use on a mobile browser. Searching in convoluted. Setting up events takes too much time... there are just too many options to navigate - which should be a good thing - but the user-friendliness, or lack thereof, more than takes away from the experience. Customer support was... ok. IF your issues occur during Membee's office hours, you'll be able to reach them by live chat or phone. This was nice, but then you may need to take way more time than should be necessary to explain your issue, then re-explain it when they answer something you didn't ask. In the end, they do get things resolved. It's just a bit of a pain to get done. Sorry, but I can't recommend this software at this time.

Pros

Hard to speak on what I really liked. When I started my position, this software was already in place, so I had no choice in using it. This would not be my recommendation for anyone. On the plus side, there are lots of features built in, and the reporting was especially detailed.

Cons

While the search capabilities were somewhat powerful, the implementation was awful, in my opinion. You are forced to click and select so many options before actually getting any results. After you do it a few times, it doesn't get easier, it just makes you want to pull your hair out. Just trying to look-up all contacts in a particular organization can be harrowing experience.

Reasons for Choosing Membee

From discussions with my predecessor, I believe price and ability to setup events were the deciding factors. We were glad to stop using it. There are cheaper and easier-to-use options available. If you select them and decide to leave, be aware they will only provide *one* copy of your data *after* you cancel. The format is a mess of XML files, so if you want a nice data dump in CSV format, forget it. They won't do it.

Response from Membee

Replied February 2020

Thank you for taking the time to provide your experience of Membee, Jason. We highly appreciate your honest feedback!

Lisa from Florida Air Conditioning Contractors Professional Alliance

Membee is an Executive Director's Best Resource!

Membee has been an amazing resource for our association. In addition to the many member management tools and options they offer, one thing that truly stands out is their incredible program support. They have made it super simple, where all a user needs to do for assistance is to go to the Help section, type in their questions/topic, and instantly step-by-step instructions will be provided ... there is usually an instructional video included as well. And if the user still requires assistance, live-chat and quick-response support from a team of very knowledgeable and friendly representatives from Membee is also available.

Pros

No matter if you are needing a program for just basic membership management, or if you prefer something with many options ... Membee is a fantastic resource and it's very user-friendly! From the start, we were able to easily put in place what was needed to work best for our association ... such as for new members joining online, and for the data that we were looking to capture. With Membee's extensive variety of member management tools and options, there has always been a report or feature offered for anything we've needed.

Cons

In the five years that we have been with Membee, I can honestly say that we really have not come across anything that has caused any problem or concern in working with the program.

Reasons for Choosing Membee

We originally were looking for a basic membership program ... most importantly something that would provide an easy way for potential members to be able to join online thru our web site. As with most non-profits, we needed something that was also budget-friendly. It was a great decision to choose Membee for our association management software ... the program continues to exceed our expectations year-after-year!

Response from Membee

Replied April 2020

Hi Lisa - thank you for the very kind words! We're extremely happy to hear that Membee has been the system to meet your needs. Our support team enjoys working with you personally and we look forward to the many years ahead of us!

Jodie from Canadian Reiki Association

Membee has made my work life so much simplier!

Membee has made it so much easier to manage our members information. New memberships and renewals are much more efficient and collecting dues is a lot easier thanks to Membee.

Pros

Membee works seamlessly with our website making it easy for our members to manage their own memberships. Automation saves so much time and frustration and makes collecting membership fees a lot easier.

Cons

It can sometimes be tricky finding something that you are looking for (and don't use often) however, the customer support is great so this is not really an issue.

Reasons for Choosing Membee

Membee provided solid solutions to the member management issues we were having. It is an affordable option for our non-profit business. We have been very pleased with our decision to join Membee.

Response from Membee

Replied June 2019

Hi Jodie, thank you for taking the time to review Membee. We're grateful for your feedback and your kind words are like fuel for our team! It's a pleasure to know that Membee has helped you save your time by streamlining your processes. Our support team is happy to hear that they're able to guide you through the tricky roads. Thank you for your amazing service with Membee - we hope you enjoy every moment with us as we definitely enjoy it with you!

Nicole from Ajax-Pickering Board of Trade

Membee has been instrumental in bringing our organization up-to-date with our current processes.

Organized database of member information, current and up-to-date processes that alleviate staff time, easy use for our members to update and maintain their own information.

Pros

As a daily user, my favourite aspect of Membee is the technical support. The Membee team is always available to help me solve any problems or difficulties I may be experiencing - they are EXTREMELY knowledgeable about their product and have been able to help with any questions I have. They take all user suggestions into consideration and often release updates that contain user ideas for easier operation. Membee was actively involved with our website/widget setup, so we now have easier and automatic processes that alleviate staff time (e-billing, online event registration, membership dues renewal and our monthly payment option).

Cons

The team is VERY helpful, but the actual help section is hard to navigate through - I have seen improvement with the addition of more video tutorials, but I still find it hard to locate specific, step-by-step instruction articles (hence why I use the fantastic Chat option!).

Ashley from Mustang Owner's Museum

Industry: Museums and Institutions

I use this program daily and I HIGHLY recommend it

The program and customer service is incredible. Any time I have a question, which I often do, because our business always seems to come up with crazy ideas, ie Unique Billing Options, Membee ALWAYS help me achieve our goal with the best business practice. They are extremely helpful and the program makes my job easy.

Pros

The software is easy to use for our company and our members. Updates are often implemented to the program to keep up with technology advancements and to improve ease of use. I use this program daily and the ease of use makes my job easier. All my members and event records are at my finger tips and with a click of a button I can't find what I am looking for.

Cons

There isn't anything about the software that I don't like. Updates are often implemented.

Response from Membee

Replied April 2020

Hi Ashley, great feedback! It's exciting to hear that Membee has been easy to use and meets your membership needs. Working with you has been a pleasure and we're always here to help you achieve your goals! Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to the many years together!

Saba from Greater Kitchener Waterloo Chamber of Commerce

Enhancement to Monthly Reports

“The team at Membee is very supportive, experiences and proficient. They try their best to accommodate your unique request. Sometimes it might take time, however their effort is always to help you out. I personally find the chat feature extremely helpful as one can get in touch with an expert every day and find a solution to the problem almost instantly.”

Pros

Easy to use software & chat feature is very helpful.

Cons

Took a long time to make a small update.

Response from Membee

Replied April 2020

Hi Saba, we're happy to hear that our chat feature has been helpful to provide the support that you need and that the system is easy to use! Our enhancement process ensures that all updates are reliable before being released. This includes ensuring that it is well-developed, thoroughly tested, and released in a timely manner. Thank you for sharing your feedback, we appreciate your constant partnership with Membee!

Jane from Guelph Chamber of Commerce

Excellent CRM for membership based organizations

We have been Membee users since the beginning - the membee team is very responsive to our needs and implement improvements on a consistent basis based on feedback from users. Membee attends an annual user group in Ontario to do additional training and to listen to user feedback. This database is an invaluable tool for our organization

Pros

Cons

It does not integrate well with quickbooks for our accountants

Response from Membee

Replied October 2019

Thank you very much, Jane, for your valued feedback! We're happy to hear that you have had an excellent experience with Membee. On behalf of our team, it's a pleasure to serve you and the Chamber.

Jonathan

Anna from Lincoln Chamber of Commerce

Excellent Product to Streamline and Automate our Processes

We're a smaller organization that has limited resources, both in terms of manpower and finances. Implementing Membee has allowed us to free up more time to spend on the tasks that bring value to our members, as well as improving our receivables and collections dramatically. Rather than spending time chasing overdue payments, we find that the majority of our members are now paying on average 30 days sooner than they were before we automated our invoicing process. Integration with WordPress and Constant Contact means that we only need to manage 1 database, and our online directory and mailing lists are always up to date.

Pros

The ability to automate a wide variety of admin processes including invoicing, payments, and event invitations

Cons

Response from Membee

Replied June 2019

Hello Anna! Thank you for taking the time to review Membee, we highly appreciate your feedback! We're happy to hear that Membee has helped increased the return rate of your receivables and has helped free up your administrative time. I've made a note of your feedback about our reporting system to address in the future, we're grateful to hear about your experience. Thank you for your service, Anna. We hope you continue to enjoy using Membee as you continue to grow!

Judy from Women in Energy

Industry: Utilities

Quick and Easy to learn. Support great!

As a new organization we could quickly get up and running with accuracy. Also, with our skinny budget, it was very helpful.

Pros

Cons

Events can be a little challenging but I hear some great things are coming! The reports are quite comprehensive but I find that as a small organization I don't have the time to explore. I am sure if I did, I would find that quite good.

Meina from Ajax-Pickering Board of Trade

Membee Review

Cons

Response from Membee

Replied June 2019

Hi Meina! Thank you for reviewing Membee and providing your positive feedback. We're glad you benefit from Membee's automations and the reporting system! We appreciate the feedback you provided about the report's run time, we'll be reaching out shortly to ensure that you're able to run the reports optimally! Thank you so much for the review, we hope you continue to enjoy Membee!

Ashley from Chamber of Commerce Brantford Brant

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Membee review as a new user

I have been using Membee since I started at my Chamber 8 months ago. I use it every day for tasks, events and to run financial reports. Having no prior knowledge of this system and no training of it when I started this job, I was able to log in and use the tutorials right away. I felt confident using the system after watching each tutorial just one time.

Pros

Ease of use. VERY intuitive. Quick to learn, and use in every day tasks

Cons

Having to press run multiple times for reporting

Reasons for Choosing Membee

Response from Membee

Replied June 2019

Hello Ashley! Thank you for the amazing feedback - it's music to our ears to hear that Membee is quick to learn and our help tutorials give you the confidence you need as a new user of Membee. We'll be reaching out to address needing to press 'run' multiple times to improve your experience. We hope you continue to enjoy Membee on the daily!

Andrea from Sundreya

Membee review

Overall my experience was great. The program got the job done and kept all the contacts in their respected places.

Pros

It wasn't difficult to learn how to find members or add them in.

Cons

However, the program itself could use an update. The program looked as if it was from the 90s. Very basic commands

Mary from Non Profit Organisation

Mediocre Software

Pros

The design is very clean and basic which made it fairly easy to navigate.

Cons

This software was not very user friendly for sponsorships and exhibitors for events, since they had to be setup as separate items rather than under the event.

Response from Membee

Replied September 2019

Thank you for your review for Membee, Mary, we're glad to hear that the design is clean and basic, making it easy for you to navigate as you have used our system! The sponsorships and exhibitors can be items under your event so that all your event registrations can be streamlined, but we'll make a note about your feedback as we're always looking for ways to improve. Thanks again!

Gene from League of Maryland Horseman

Administrator - League od Maryland Horseman

Pros

A lot of functionality. Still too early to give a real meaningful review.

Cons

In some places not intuitive. Still too early to give a real meaningful review.

Jonathan from Innuma Ministries, Inc.

Expensive but effective

Pros

Beautiful interface and many integration options. Very effective for managing subscriptions and great for marketing purposes.

Cons

Pricing is a bit high and a little confusing initially. There’s a learning curve to how everything integrates and setting up a good process.

Renee from Renee A. Hughes Consulting

Very new to Membee still evaluating

Can sign up for membership right on the site

Pros

Great features and reasonably priced. We love that our clients can sign up right from our website and that their is a single sign on feature.

Cons

Little to no integrations. We are trying to create a workflow and the lack of integrations from Membee creates some roadbloacks.