Browse MemberMouse Reviews

Lisa from Raleighwood Media Group | Raleighwood Event Group

Great "Bang For Your Buck" Product

As a non-profit trade organization, we've really liked the functionality provided to us at a very reasonable cost and the timely customer service that has been provided as our use continues to grow.

Pros

The best part about MemberMouse has to be the support. On their website, the product is very well documented and if you have any hurdles, their support is timely and thorough. For the low upfront implementation cost and very reasonable monthly fee, we have had no reason to explore other providers.

Cons

There's definitely some skilled WordPress knowledge required to implement MemberMouse. It can be a bit technical at times which leads to a learning curve for some administrative users.

Reasons for Switching to MemberMouse

Didn't fully support our needs. End users found it difficult to utilize.

Elena from Mutonono Training and Coaching, LLC

Great software for the money

From the user perspective, MM is so much smoother than another plugin we used. People can log in and use the materials and if there are tech questions the support is there.

Pros

One of the things we struggled with when we were using another membership management plugin is changing the password and logging in. Now all our members can change and update their passwords on their own without us helping them on the admin end.

Cons

There are a lot of default pages and features that might need to be configured, like profile updates. Sometimes there are glitches with updating payment methods and I have no idea how to resolve them. Also during our launch we need to hire a developer to keep an eye on caching. Somehow the MM cart and our hosting don't work together and so the payment doesn't always go through. Hiring a developer helps but as we grow I wonder if it's going to be sustainable. One more thing is reporting. I guess I'd need to upgrade for it, but it just is so frustrating when you can't get the reports of clients and have to dig through a whole bunch of names and click on each user individually to see what their current payment status is. A better structure and organization of users will really help.

Reasons for Choosing MemberMouse

It seemed like it was less complicated to install and really attractive for users, and that was important for us. It was easier While setting it up worked, getting it to work with the hosting is not always easy and we need a developer.

Julien from Kmeo

Good but could be much better

Linking Membermouse and my forum (Discourse) has been REALLY difficult. I wish there would be more connection/collaboration with other plugins/solutions. The support is good and tried to help but they just don't have enough solutions because of the way the plugin has been made. They also changed their price plans and it is very confusing (and the second plan is twice more expensive than the first!) . As a result, I can't even access some basic features such as modifying a subscription... Their content creation (podcast and articles) is good and interesting and give quite a lot of good information about membership business.

Pros

I can manage my members with this plugin. It allows me to restrict access to courses, forum and events so it does the job when everything is configured...

Cons

Translating the front end requires you to code. I just don't understand why it is that hard to do that and why it is not made easy in the backend by giving access to some variables to change. Creating a product and its description (I mean a nice one that make you want to buy) is far from easy and requires once again to code. In the end, a lof of simple things require you to code and I'm wondering why.

Reasons for Choosing MemberMouse

Because I had a few tips on how to manage the connection between Discourse and Membermouse so we decided to start with that. But I almost changed my mind in the process because it was so difficult to do (but since we went so far we decided to stick with it).

Christian from Tamarah Blossom

Excellent membership platform

It’s helped us start our membership with plenty of high-powered functionality at a very reasonable investment.

Pros

There are a ton of features which allows you to customize your membership EXACTLY as you want it (unlike many other options). Very reliable.

Cons

Could be a little more user friendly. It’s not difficult to use... there’s simply room for improvement. They have great documentation and onboarding videos.

Reasons for Choosing MemberMouse

Cheaper and it was recommended by a trusted advisor.

Rhonda from AABCP

It was a perfect fit!

Overall the experience with MemeberMouse has been a long and positive one.

Pros

Ease of design and implementation was the key to our choosing MemberMouse.

Cons

There are a few features that as a non-profit, won't work for us.

Reasons for Choosing MemberMouse

Membermouse allowed us to utilize our website, branded material. This was incredibly important to our organization.

Reasons for Switching to MemberMouse

Wild Apricot wasn't powerful enough or web-focused enough to continue to meet our needs.

kelli from Big Picture Media

Meets requirements for user portal

MemberMouse allowed us to meet client needs and to have the ability to meet future needs. As their needs expand, MemberMouse will allow us to make changes without purchasing other applications.

Pros

The ability to configure application to meet client needs. A portal was needed to allow for various levels of access and support. This allow us to meet this requirement.

Cons

Some of the less experienced users on the team had more of learning curve issue, but after reviewing other samples/training, they were able to configure as needed.

Reasons for Choosing MemberMouse

The overall reporting features were more suitable for client needs.

Natalie from Natalie Cutsforth LLC

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Functional and Integrated

MemberMouse has been so easy to use I laugh when someone tries to convince me to move to another product. It's reliable and reasonably priced for a small business.

Pros

The ability to set up membership levels, products and bundles makes customizing my online offerings easy. MemberMouse integrates with ThriveThemes which I use to create a beautiful course portal and GetResponse for email list management. There are clear tutorial videos. High value for the price.

Cons

When I migrated my website there were challenges in transfering the member data. I had to hire outside help to get through it but otherwise its been easy to do the development and customization on my own.

Reasons for Choosing MemberMouse

Ease of use, right size and cost for my business.

Preston from weightlossgodsway.com

Easy to use full-featured membership option

Great, system has always worked reliably and Membermouse support has always been great which any issue we've encountered.

Pros

We've been using Membermouse for years to power our membership site weightlossgodsway.com which offers different levels of access to customers and members. It's easy to set-up with minimal learning curve and offers effective options to most everything we want to do with our membership.

Cons

My biggest complaint with Membermouse is the way it handles 'Cancelled' or 'Expired' memberships. Frequently a consumer who was once a member wants to purchase a stand-alone product from us, which Membermouse allows - but then DENIES them access to the product they just purchased because their member status is still 'Cancelled' or 'Expired'. I've queried the mm customer service and they only solution they could provide is I'd have to create my own sub-routine to move members back out of 'Cancelled' or 'Expired' into a 'Active' free membership. That's rubbish. The fact that this isn't a built-in option is a major oversite, as who doesn't want repeat business??

Reasons for Choosing MemberMouse

In part because of referral, in part because it integrated well with OptimizePress and WPCourseware which we also use. Since that time both have enhanced or created their own membership options/tools which makes MM largely redundant and in future we'll have to reaccess if it's necessary to continue to have all three.

Tom from Keyboard Conservatory

Incredible Value!

I would highly recommend MemberMouse to anyone looking for a quality membership platform... Their Support Center is rich with resources, and when you need personal assistance, they're the best!... I also appreciate the weekly Office Hours that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] offers to answer our questions on features and functionality... The 30 minute videos are easy to find time to watch, and I love to watch the extensive library of past episodes that are available on YouTube!

Pros

It is a wonderful organizational tool... I especially like the Activity Log feature, so you know exactly how the members are engaging... I appreciate the thoughtful importance incorporated for steady functionality and dependability, and that MemberMouse is a tool that will be available to use in the long run as we grow. I've used it daily for over three years now, and it's incredibly reliable, and guaranteed to function flawlessly!

Cons

It was a little difficult to initially set up, as it required a basic working knowledge and understandings of building a WordPress site... However, in the long run, that's something I'm very happy to have learned!

Reasons for Choosing MemberMouse

It did everything I needed to organize my Private Member students, and was very easy to get started with their "Starter Plan".

It's so solid

It's been great and we haven't had to consider switching to any other platforms because it's been so solid for us.

Pros

We run a membership and it just works. We've never had any issues with it - ever, and we've been using it for at least 6 years, possibly more. Tens of thousands of members and it's great.

Cons

It takes a little while to wrap your head around the concept of how membership levels and bundles work, but if you just keep things simple it's fairly easy to get things setup, and once it's setup you are all good, and shouldn't have to revisit it in the future.

Reasons for Choosing MemberMouse

Ability to dig into the API and build custom functionality between our CRM and membership platforms.

Reasons for Switching to MemberMouse

We were looking for a solution that would be scalable and polished to become one of the foundational elements of our business

Brecht from Self Employed

Locked In

I wanted a membership plugin for wordpress that would allow upsells, thats why I bought it

Pros

MemberMouse makes it easy to setup a membership site and to configure upsells

Cons

I hate that they use their own billing schedule when they could easily use the payment providers. I have had all manner if error including customers recurring billing just stops, double payments we've had to refund, and other errors. It is a gigantic plugin so updating can cause issues. There are quirks with core pages and how they're handled. The reporting is awful even at $99/mo and good luck trying to get actual LTV, you can't if you have multiple products and subscriptions.

Reasons for Choosing MemberMouse

The way their upsells work

amember was awful

Shane from Green Vine Marketing

Deployed on multiple sites

Pros

In using this software on a variety of ecommerce websites, my favorite feature is its flexibility. It isn't the fastest to get running right out of the box, but you have extensive options for customization. It handles one time purchases, trials, subscriptions, and infinite bundling of products very nicely.

Cons

I've taught this software to people across multiple different companies, and it has a learning curve. You can run purchases and members as subscriptions or bundles, which are separated from products. This division is key to the software's flexibility, but it can take a moment to wrap your head around.

Mike from Lanzarote Information

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

The Best Choice For Managing Membership

Very good. We researched thoroughly, made the choice, and I’m delighted at how it has become a valued part of our stack, used every single day.

Pros

Easy to set up, everything logical, everything you need without a ton of features you don’t. I’ve only had to use support once, but it was fast and super helpful.

Cons

Sometimes slow to update - I’m waiting for the latest update to Wordpress core to be supported by Membermouse. The jump to a pro version seemed a big one at the time, but more than pays for itself.

Reasons for Choosing MemberMouse

A recommendation from someone I know and trust who uses it, and a good feeling about the company.

Jo Jerodene from JoJerodene.com

It grows with you

I have managed to create recurring revenue and I don't have to spend anytime managing payments. Game changer for me.

Pros

The pricing package suited my needs. It was tiered in a way that starting with nothing was possible and it can grow with you as you introduce more members.

Cons

I'm not very tech savvy (I'm a spiritual teacher not a software engineer). It took me a long time to work out how to customize different pages. Not a MemberMouse problem though, that would have been the case with any software! I would also like it a lot more if it was set up to deliver in a way that suits learning by modules. But I didn't know I would need that when I bought it.

Reasons for Choosing MemberMouse

I looked at several (can't remember now). It was the flexible pricing that enabled me to start with almost zero funds that helped make my decision.

Natalie from Soulshine Astrology

Has all the special features I need

This is a great company and they are always available to help with anything which is great to have. This software has been invaluable to my company and the features go above and beyond all of the membership platform options I looked at. I just wish the interface was a little more UX-friendly and sleeker to look at.

Pros

I love how easy it is to integrate and customize Membermouse with my current Wordpress set-up. It's great to be able to block off certain posts and blog categories that I want to keep only for paid members. I love how it helps members upgrade their plan and have the cost applied retroactively. It's easy to sort through members and transactions as well.

Cons

I wish the checkout process was a little more sleek looking. Even with coding customizations, it seems a bit outdated compared to what else is out there. I also don't like that I can't delete a membership type after it has been created.

Reasons for Switching to MemberMouse

I wanted something that had more customization options and looked nicer.

harmony from divine harmony

only excellent experiences with this company and membership software

AMAZING

Pros

it's user friendly, well laid out, my developer says its one of the best he has seen. further my developer and i are both SO IMPRESSED with the consistent and quick customer support. anytime we have a question we get a response within hours. we are followed up with- the ball does not get dropped. these people are amazing and i am grateful for this company as i am not sure how i would run my business without their service.

Cons

there is nothing i like least about this software- at least nothing comes to mind right now

Kurt from RiskRevu

So glad we have MemberMouse!

Pros

The feature I enjoy most about MemberMouse is the ability to set different membership levels and and users can upgrade on their own very easily. I also like the ability to add Bundles within the software as this feature makes it easy to sell additional products to our users.

Cons

The receipts we used to send our users through MemberMouse were just an email, but now MemberMouse has the ability to attached a PDF of the receipt to the email notification. We are very happy with this feature.

Ronen from Accordion Love

The only membership software product I use

Pros

MemberMouse just works. It seamlessly connected with my billing software (Stripe and PayPal). The support team is incredibly quick and thorough when issues do arise (usually stemming from my customizations, not the MemberMouse product). Highly recommended!

Cons

Right now I like everything about the software. The company used to do video walkthroughs of customer implementations - I would love to see more examples like that for inspiration and best practices.

Jason from Visual Identity Group

Really Good Membership Software

Pros

Whether you’re an advanced user, programmer or beginner - MemberMouse is easy to jump in and configure and manage members on a day to day. It has reporting to see where sales are at and help with churn. They’ve been around for a long time and are constantly turning out new features and improvements. It’s good to know that we have a solution for the future.

Cons

We have nothing to say negative about MemberMouse. Not unhappy at all.

Stephanie from WDW Magazine

Great if you're going to committ

Pros

Membermouse was easy to integrate on our Wordpress site and customize to our needs - online training videos/documentation were very helpful.

Cons

When we switched our CRM and added non-membership based products to our shop, the integration became more tricky (not impossible, but I would advise others to consider a longer roadmap of their products before selection the membership tool best for the future needs of their business, not just today).

Alicia from Real Love Company

Fantastic Member Management product

MemberMouse made it so easy to integrate a membership system with ThriveThemes. They have made it so easy to grow our business and take care of our members.

Pros

I like everything about Member Mouse. The timely, thorough, friendly support service would be at the top of all the features I like. I like how easy it is to use by me and our members. I like the easy accessibility of the reports and member management. I love how I never have to worry about how the system is working on behalf of our company and the members.

Cons

There are no features that I find missing.

Reasons for Choosing MemberMouse

MemberMouse was recommended by Thrive Themes.

Has changed how I build my membership sites

Pros

I decided to get into the online course business and needed a solution to establish an automated way of selling memberships to my course. I wanted a solution that integrated with Wordpress and MemberMouse delivered. It's more cost effective than using a course hosting provider, and I feel like I have full control as well. The ability to integrate with Wordpress seamlessly and my email provider was great. I am able to provide content-only web pages to my members. I feel like I have a professionally built site with MemberMouse functionality andd I didn't have to code a single thing.

Cons

The starter plan has limited features , like anything that you integrate make sure you complete due diligence on compatibility, so that what you use is supported.

maxine from MaxiciseTV

Slightly frustrated

Membership sign ups

Pros

Easy to use and implement although it was my website technician who put everything together.

Cons

When my members request the reset password email, they don't get it, it doesn't arrive and then they cancel their membership.

Response from MemberMouse

Replied March 2021

Hi Maxine, Thanks for submitting a review! I'm glad to hear that you've enjoyed using MemberMouse. I've asked our support team to reach out to you regarding the Reset Password issue you're experiencing. You should receive an email from them today.

Tom from Escapology BJJ

My experience with Membermouse

Overall, I’ve found membermouse to be an excellent product that has allowed me really grow my business.

Pros

I am a big fan of the smart tags as they allow you to add custom options depending on the membership level or bundle.

Cons

I’d love deeper integration with Convertkit that allowed me to tag members based on their purchases not just membership level. I also like the ability to offer free bundles rather than just a free membership. This way I could use it to deliver different lead magnets.

Better functionality

Alex from All-Star Dental Academy

Enterprise Level Software

I’m grateful to MemberMouse. It is the most robust membership software I’ve tried. Customer service and options are fantastic. Lots of features. Easy to use. Great documentation.

Pros

- lots of features - stripe integration - plug-in integration - API options

Cons

None that I can think of. I’m very happy with software.

Reasons for Choosing MemberMouse

I tried wishlist and DAP. MM is so much better!

Jo from The Ladies Working Dog Group

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Easy Membership Software For Start Up

Brilliant!

Pros

Membermouse is incredibly easy to use, lots of training videos and step by step instructions to help you set up and manage

Cons

It could be improved with the capability to add different shipping costs and ability to link to accountancy software like xero directly

Reasons for Choosing MemberMouse

Ease of use , great start up cost

Kevin from Habits Unplugged

Great Membership Software

Pros

Easy to use. Reasonable price. Very reliable. It really did make setting up my membership site very simple and straightforward. This was so important considering the multitude of other tasks that needed to be done. Also, great customer service.

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment. All good.

Andrew from Visual Revival

Member Mouse

Memebermouse is an inexpensive solution to managing a membership site that does a pretty good job.

Pros

Member Mouse has strong core functionality, great customer service and is fairly easy and straightforward to use.

Cons

It feels a little old and outdated and could us modernization and there is a long list of minor features I wish it had.

Reasons for Choosing MemberMouse

MemberMouse had a bundles feature and seemed more intuitive and ready to go out of the box.

David from Aspoonful

True Bang for Your Buck!!

I thoroughly enjoy the help of their technical support. Without it, I would be lost. They are very patient with you and very helpful. I also look forward to Friday office hours. I would like to attend each Friday, but it is not possible. Simply, I think the company and the software is great! It is up to the user to have a plan and execute it with MM. That is where I fell short. However, I look to re-strategize and get more usage from the software.

Pros

Not only is it a well thought out software platform, but it is designed to allow you to scale quickly if needed. I never found anything as an obstacle or restriction when trying to assemble my courses and products. It is stable and reliable.

Cons

Admittedly, it is a challenge to set up without help,. It is definitely not your plug -N- play software. When you get the hang of it though, then you will be well on your way.

Gergely from Galántai Gergely

One of the best membership software

Pros

I can integrate with other CRM and Email marketing softwares and automate all the membership/sales processes on my Wordpress website. The tutorial videos helped me to learn the basics of the software. The customer service is very kind and helpful.

Cons

I would like to see more tutorial videos but overall I am fully satisfied with the software.

Price, integration, customer service

Does so much more

Overall, this has solved my problem in a nice, fairly seamless, inexpensive way. MemberMouse allowed me to add a membership component to my existing website.

Pros

MemberMouse is super easy to use and set up. I was able to have a functional membership site with just a small amount of work -- plus it can do so much more than I'm taking advantage of right now!

Cons

Occasionally, because the software does so much, I sometimes feel a little confused or overwhelmed. There are so many things in the software that I don't know how to use, because it does so much more than I actually use.

Jordan from Jordan Gray Consulting

10/10 would recommend

Pros

Easy to use, and great value for money. I've also been very impressed with customer support.

Cons

Literally can't think of a single improvement. I've had zero issues with the software.

Enovia from Carolina Small Business Development Fund

So Good So Far

I like it, we've also had a consultation with a team to build out and customize the site that we found through the member mouse site.

Pros

It's easy to add products, coupons, and edit. There are a lot of informational videos that help you use the platform right in the dashboard.

Cons

I'd like more customizable options for the client dashboard.

keith from Fitmole

Great for managing a membership site

Pros

integrates directly with wordpress and is pretty east to use.

Cons

Can be a bit clunky with the user interface and wordpress can be buggy as well.

Dezső from PharMagist

Excellent software to administer my clients

Pros

It was very easy to integrate into my wordpress webpage

Cons

So far I have not found any negative feature of this software.

Chaitanya from CTG

It's a solid match for your business

Pros

I was a backend admin in one of the E-Commeerce site in my previous company and found this plugin so useful and it matches all my needs

Cons

Before using it check for the issues that prevent you from using this plugin. Like version, compatibility and etc

Kati from Schnierer Katalin ev.

Feedback

I am using for my e-learning materials. Nice to be able to have a closed membership site for that.

Pros

I don't use many features yet but I am looking forward to link it with Sales Autopilotot to have a fully automated educational system!

Cons

It was hard to find the automated email settings. When I add assing bundles manually I cannot add more of them with one click. It takes too many clicks to assign a bundle to a user.

Reasons for Choosing MemberMouse

It was suggested in an online course I am doing.

Cynthia from CSDesigns

Easy to use.

I love the ease of use. I want a product that is does what I want.

Pros

Features that are fast and do exactly what I want them to do. I like the ease of use. It's very easy to use.

Cons

Lag time always gets to me. When the process slows down it's hard to keep on track. I like for things to run smoothly.

Daniel from Koren Creations, LLC

Seamless and flawless

Pros

Once I got the short codes figured out and my widows site setup, I haven’t had to do much to it in years. Updates are seamless and I’ve never had a complaint using it as a membership site and to lockdown content.

Cons

There are a couple integrations I’d like, but I don’t want to spend money on Zapier

Kyle from Paws LLC

big fan

Pros

Works really well with wordpress and did exactly what I was hoping it would. Reach out to them and see if it's a good fit for your business

Cons

Make sure that it works well with everything you already have on Wordpress to prevent compatability issues.