Browse MemberPress Reviews

Kimon from From Greece to you

6 + years user on multiple websites

Since I transitioned to Memberpress I have had 0 issues with membership management! I will be a loyal customer.

Pros

Over the 6 years that I have been using Memberpress I have had no issues at all with the membership management. I like the ease of use. The not complicated setup and the fact that it is dependable. It keeps up with the changing internet!

Cons

I am very comfortable with this software. I would suggest to include more metrics on the reports such as Total income per user / total income per product. Some ability to create pivot tables and charts would be great! I would also like the ability to Upsell if someone clicks on cancel membership. That would be great to add.

Reasons for Switching to MemberPress

amember did not integrate smoothly at the time ~2014 with Wordrpess.

Joe from Pixeljack

Fantastic Piece of Software

Memberpress offers a much cheaper way to offer an LMS to my client's customers without the subscription requirements that popular all-in-one websites use.

Pros

I purchased this software on behalf of my client, looking to move away from a subscription-based learning management system and host their own. Memberpress offered everything they required (and more) from a full Learning Management System. Setup was extremely easy and was installed on the WordPress site in a matter of minutes. There's great customisation, a whole library of plugins to add additional functionality, and integrates great with other popular software such as MailChimp, Elementor and Stripe. Even features like automatic PDF generation for customer purchases increases the automation and means myself / my client needs to spend less time interacting with the system - which is a bonus in both our eyes. I'm looking forward to continually develop and work with my client with Memberpress and look forward to suggesting it as my go-to software for any future LMS projects.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like. Perhaps, as a suggestion, there could be some preset styles for the member's account dashboard in WordPress. Although it's functional and works perfectly, it's perhaps a bit basic in design. It can be easily customised with some HTML and CSS but this takes time and therefore presets would help with the design process.

Reasons for Choosing MemberPress

Memberpress sounded like a more, well-rounded plugin that offered more functionality for the price paid.

Outstanding Features! Superb Support!

It solves the need of our organization with course and membership management. No plugin in WordPress yet can do such as of writing this review.

Pros

The 2-in-1 feature of Course and Membership plugin for WordPress is very convenient for setting up our course site. The support is also outstanding and helps to solve the errors quickly.

Cons

The limitations in course completion. However integration with other features like gamepress is great

Reasons for Choosing MemberPress

No need to purchase separate license for membership and course plugins

Reasons for Switching to MemberPress

We need to purchase other license for course and membership plugin. So we stick with one plugin that can do both.

Great Membership platform for WordPress

It’s great! Can’t recommend them enough.

Pros

Easy to get set up and running with. Well priced, and works well with WordPress! Very happy with MemberPress software!

Cons

Some hiccups with the course builder. But that could be issues with the integration with the theme on our end. Overall, the MemberPress team has build a great product.

Reasons for Choosing MemberPress

Well priced, highly reviewed, and good integrations.

Reasons for Switching to MemberPress

Make a more professional membership site.

Devan from BrainPal Digital

Good, but the fact there's no editor built-in...

For the price they're charging and this being a WordPress tool, I expect some sort of appearance / form style editing to be built-in. I was really disappointed to discover that I'd basically have to code much of the appearance and stylistic settings. This makes it really hard to optimize for conversions. With me not being that good at CSS, this also means I'll have to hire a CSS dev to make MemberPress more user-friendly and conversion oriented. There are basically NO appearance editing features built-in, and I find that extremely disappointing.

Pros

Inclusive of just about everything you need to run a membership website

Cons

No built-in appearance editing. For the price they're charging and the fact that this is an annual membership, that should definitely be built-in. There are WP tools that cost WAY less that have appearance editing built-in.

Reasons for Choosing MemberPress

Seemed to be the most inclusive of the features we needed. Support seemed good.

Response from Caseproof

Replied August 2021

Hello Devan, Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and Capterra community. Though it's always disappointing to learn that a customer has had a negative experience, we consider these times an opportunity to focus on how we can improve. If you'd like to further discuss your concerns and suggestions for built-in appearance editing, please contact us at outreach@caseproof.com. Again, thank you for your review, and we do hope that we can work together to find a solution to your problem. Sincerely, MemberPress Customer Support

Comprehensive WordPress plugin

I utilize MemberPress to form complex enrollment frameworks for nonprofits that require numerous enrollment levels at distinctive costs, counting the capacity to auto-renew enrollments and sent out robotized update emails. For numerous nonprofits, the administrative burden of overseeing participations can be choking. MemberPress makes so much of that work disappear.

Pros

Once set up, the plugin makes taking installments and keeping track of individuals a breeze. It's all for the most part computerized, so there's not much extra exertion that goes into collecting data, sending e-mail reactions, taking installments, etc.

Cons

There's nothing I do not like. Maybe, as a recommendation, there can be a few preset styles for the member's account dashboard in WordPress. In spite of the fact that it's utilitarian and works impeccably, it's maybe a bit essential in plan. It can be effortlessly customized with some HTML and CSS but this takes time and so presets would offer assistance with the plan handle.

Audra from zindo+co

December 2021

Definitely a Contender in the Membership Plugin Space!

Pros

Once you understand how the 'rules' work within the software, it changes how easily you can control your content and create different membership levels.

Cons

Would love the ability for more customizations of the 'pages' we can create.

Matt from Inspry

Flexible and Extensive Membership Payment and Portal Solution

We are able to allow new users to sign up, we get paid and can kick off automated scripts that talk to our other website management systems in a streamlined way. Renewals are easy.

Pros

Extremely flexible due to its deep integration with WordPress. Makes it very easy to brand and pull into their API to meet our own needs. Excellent support and stable.

Cons

Some nuances in how their code is written and how it works with WordPress that takes time to learn. Can be difficult to add new user subscriptions or upgrade as an admin due to the subscriptions using native Stripe subscriptions - we get why it was done this way though.

Reasons for Choosing MemberPress

It seemed the most stable with less clunky code and good support.

MemberPress Courses is the best out there

Overall it's great once I got it working right with WooCommerce. There are things that can be improved but nothing is a problem right now where it's too negatively affecting the experience.

Pros

The Courses addon is the main draw for me. It looks the best and is simple to use for the user.

Cons

It's lack of good integration with WooCommerce. I have to use a 3rd party automation service to connect MemberPress Courses with my WooCommerce store and it's still, not a problem-free solution. I wish they made real WooCommerce integration.

Reasons for Switching to MemberPress

MemberPress was just much easier to use and set up. And it looks much better than Learn Dash.

Stephen from Wise Educate Limited

Excellent Wordpress Membership Software

Overall i love memberpress and am glad i found it. I think it is awesome!

Pros

This is the most easy to use wordpress membership software. It has great extra features like the importer. It's also very well supported with really clear helpful support!

Cons

The course software is still new and I use learndash with it but there is good integration.

Reasons for Switching to MemberPress

It was easier and it was on my server not theirs.

Veronica from The Brand Setter

The course add-on is simply the best

Pros

After struggling for months (and at each and every WP update) with a different LMS plugin, I finally transferred all my courses on MemberPress. I cannot tell you how much everything changed in better, I have now no more issues and finally I can manage all my courses and memberships from one and plugin! I love this add-on.

Cons

I don't have any complaint, especially after the Elementor integration now MemberPress seem to have all the elements and qualities I wished for.

Reasons for Choosing MemberPress

I found many good reviews and decdided to give it a go, especially because I was offered free cancellation within 30 days from purchase.

Paul from Paul Ryder Coaching

Very powerful platform

Very good, the customer service are very efficient and the plugin is great and very clear

Pros

Very easy to use and clear instructions to get going on the membership. There is a lot of clear instructions and it works seamlessly once installed

Cons

None as of yet as it has performed very well on my membership site

Terry from Flowing River Martial Arts

Great time saver and essential business tool

I looked at doing my membership site on my own. This is a no-brainer, time saver that gets me working on my business and my content now.

Pros

MemberPress has the all the tools to create a place to gather your users and provide a community very quickly. The ability to get lessons up, deliver content, and provide value is amazing.

Cons

Some of the integrations take some time to figure out. There has been some learning on my part that slowed things down.

Reasons for Switching to MemberPress

I wanted a more ready to go solution with more functionality and more available help and support.

Marie from Complete Literature

Industry: Writing and Editing

After Much Research, It Was a Great Choice

I love having my membership site ready to go without weeks of work to get there.

Pros

I liked how easy it was to put my private pages behind a paywall. It was quite user friendly.

Cons

I did have some difficulty adding Stripe and Paypal and lacked confidence that it all worked, but in the end it did! Also, it did not integrate with my email provider, SendinBlue.

Reasons for Choosing MemberPress

It had the highest ratings among Wordpress-sponsored programs.

Robert from Scrolling Media Solutions

Great Value for a Full service program

This program is exactly what I needed. THANK YOU!

Pros

I like that it was easy to install and set up on the back end. You can get up and running very quickly.

Cons

I wish it had a lifetime option to purchase.

Price, Versatility, Options, Ease of use, expandable,

Jose Brian from State University

Learning Management System

Pros

Easy to use and user friendly. You will learn a lot from this if vividly work on it.

Cons

Not that much overall it's a two thumbs up.

Wale from Don Caprio Media

MemberPress is good, but it could also get better.

I considered a few alternatives before settling for MemberPress. So far, I can say that I made the right choice. Even though it lacks certain features, the core functionality it provides makes it the perfect fit.

Pros

MemberPress gives you all the things you need to build a functional membership site on WordPress. While working on a client's website, it was the only WP membership plugin that allowed me to use a local payment gateway (PayStack) right out of the box by installing a ready-made addon. There was absolutely no need to buy this separately or manually write the code for it. Also, being able to create corporate membership is a big plus.

Cons

MemberPress lacks a member directory with complete profiles on the front end. I've seen some WP membership plugin with this and this makes one wonder why it's not included.

Reasons for Choosing MemberPress

MemberPress seemed to have more features and fitted my client's needs better.

Leonardo from DIGURA

Not sure how much I like it...

Generally ok, at times it was slow to manage it and the HTML emails it sends are sometimes a little bit hard to set up. The issue we also had was password restart as we wanted to add people to the platform and then send user details but we were unable to do it so we needed to ask them to restart the password.

Pros

It's easy to install and make the initial setup and it's great if you use it in one language.

Cons

The multilingual option is available with one plugin so if you don't use it, you are out of luck and need to adjust it to compatibility.

Stephanie from Sin City Coaching

Best membership platform I have ever used

This software gives me the control to make my membership site be what I want it to be instead of being held hostage by what is available

Pros

It is pretty easy to figure out, I love having complete control instead of having to abide by other platform's rules as well as living without features I want. I have tried numerous other platforms & always hit a wall with the options I want but with memberpress I can create all I want!

Cons

Had trouble getting it uploaded to my site but I contacted memberpress & they took care of it for me.

Memberpress had the features & flexibility I wanted

Reasons for Switching to MemberPress

Wanted more flexibility to do what I wanted with my membership

Trisha from The Portland Club

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Finally, a robust membership platform that integrates into our website

With MemberPress we have been able to consolidate everything into our client facing website. There has been a slight learning curve coming from a competitor's software, but that is to be expected.

Pros

I love that this integrates right into our Wordpress site. I also love the ability to create corporate accounts and monthly recurring memberships, and that there are so many available add-ons and third party integrations that we can use.

Cons

We switched from another membership software, so it was a little tricky importing information in a similar way to what we had set up. I also wish that the software had the ability to split tender. Membership reporting is pretty surface level, it would be nice to be able to run more detailed reports on specific memberships - or members that that are about to expire.

Reasons for Choosing MemberPress

MemberPress was the only solution where we could have corporate accounts, and also have monthly memberships that couldn't be canceled on the front end by the member.

Reasons for Switching to MemberPress

Our old software had some major limitations. We migrated our website to Wordpress due to the limited website design options with Wild Apricot. We were then running two platforms, which was confusing for our internal team and left us without functionality that we wanted (member directory, forums - these had to be iFrames on our Wordpress site which was AWFUL). We wanted the ability to be able to customize our software to keep up with our growing organization.

Laurie from Trumpet Marketing

The best membership plugin for Wordpress hands-down!

I've been using MemberPress for for about six years. I haven't found a better solution that meets my requirements. I've been VERY happy with it!

Pros

I like it's flexibility and scalability. I run two websites that use Memberpress. On one site I have over 10 memberships setup ... I'm able to upgrade members between memberships and upsale to other memberships. I use it to manage access to virtual events, leveled resources and my contributor team. It's so flexible it integrates well with my email marketing and affiliate software.

Cons

I wish I could offer multiple levels of a single membership. Right now, I have to set up a separate membership for each option.... for example I would like to offer a different price for memberships for those who are already a member of another specific membership. Instead I have to create several memberships for this and it's a pain to manage members of multiple memberships (i.e. pulling reports,etc.)

Reasons for Choosing MemberPress

easier to use and more features

Reasons for Switching to MemberPress

more features and flexibility ... also had a great integration with Affiliate Royale.

Miles from Magicmiles Software

Best Software In Its Class!

I use MEMBERPRESS. It does everything you could want and more. I run a subscription based video site. User buys a subscription to my exclusive content on a 3 month basis, or a year long basis. Credit card processing is handled by any number of services. Content is protected 6 ways from sunday. NO ONE is getting access to my content. No one. I use Amazon S3 as the video host, so with another plugin, you can virtually run a video content site, with no load on the live server whatsoever. All the video is pulled from amazon and piped through to the user’s browser request at whatever speed they can handle. Memberpress makes this simple and painless with it's own S3 Access Plugin. Basically I write an article, post a video and attach it to the article. When a user comes to the page, they see the article and the video. Amazon hosts the video, and memberpress protects the content from unauthorized access. The cool part about this is that MemberPress only shows the user what I want them to see in the article. IF they’re a free user, they see X, if there a gold user, they see Y, if they’re a platinum user they see Z. Billing, and All other transactions happen seamlessly, if I need to see a transaction I can. I can cancel or hold any individual or all transactions from the admin screen. If I want to market directly to a group, I can. If I want to send out mail to a long mailing list of users, I can do w/ a built-in 3rd party tool. This thing has so many features, it's crazy.

Pros

The ease and timeliness with which I was able to set up a paywall for my instructional videos as well as to set up payment tiers, and payment services that were exceptionally painless. Really the only tedium with MemberPress is having to collect the cash. If it did that then I'd be happier.

Cons

This a small thing, and it really is tiny, when needing to pull a user account, and look at it, it would be nice if I could look at the user account from the USERS list to see their full access and what their capabilities are. It's one more step that you ideally don't want to have to do.

Reasons for Choosing MemberPress

Again, ease of use and price, and the feature set.

Reasons for Switching to MemberPress

Ease of use and price and feature set.

Daniel from Healthflow

The most robust and sensibly designed of the wordpress membership plugins

Robust wordpress membership platform which we use for delivery of paid courses and learning management. Acts as a complex framework on which you can build a very elaborate membership site rich in features and with quite customisable behaviour.

Pros

It doesn't take over your installation and hog the wordpress admin like many plugins do. It keeps itself in its own section and has a reasonable number of settings. Memberpress should really be considered a membership framework upon which you can assemble a versatile range of membership and subscription based sites rather than an out of the box product, i.e. there's still a lot of work to do yourself but memberpress will help you more than it will cause headaches, and that is not always the case with wordpress membership plugins. Really fantastic rule making section means that you can create things like tag and category restrictions or take it to a whole level of complexity and control by restricting custom post types and taxonomies. The latter approach is excellent for those combining this with custom fields and really customising the admin panel heavily. Integrations are not endless but are well considered and usually best of class i.e. Stripe, Paypal, Mailchimp, Drip etc...

Cons

Because it's a framework really, it is possible to use memberpress badly if you are not an experienced wordpress developer. Not making good rules for restriction and relying on per page restriction for example can set you up for a messy future and makes you very dependent on memberpress. The forms and payment workflow could be nicer. The user self-service section needs some work although it can be styled with CSS. it would be nice if the defaults were a bit more modern and adapted a bit better to themes. More action based hooks would be useful to make a very customisable membership signup and upgrade flow.

Response from Caseproof

Replied August 2020

Hello Daniel, Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. We appreciate it! We're committed to constant improvement, and reviews like yours help us to accomplish that. Please feel free to contact us at outreach@caseproof.com if you have any questions or additional concerns. Thanks, again!

Aaron from Fantastic Memories Travel, LLC & Mouse Master Travel

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

All of the power and options, with much less hassle

MemberPress controls access to back office functions for contractor sales agents. It allows me to ensure that agents under contract have access to some parts of the site, agents who are no longer under contract but still have unsettled business can still access a smaller subset of the site, and agents considering entering a contractual relationship can be given person-specific access to a different discrete set of pages to help them make their decisions and fill out contract forms.

Pros

I was able to set up MemberPress on a somewhat complicated WordPress multi-site setup with a minimum of issues (those that did crop up were my own fault). Configuring multiple membership levels and controlling access by membership level was well-explained and easy to implement. And it was, by far, the easiest of the membership plugins I experimented with to get set up to handle membership payments.

Cons

Processing payments on the visitor end was easy enough, but managing the payments on the back-end can be confusing. Automatic renewal is only possible via subscription payments, and I couldn't find a way to override this to facilitate entry of annual subscription payments received in other ways.

Reasons for Choosing MemberPress

MemberPress offered more transparent pricing and included the features I needed, without having to pay for "upgrades" for each feature. Integration of PayPal payment processing, including subscription payments, sealed the deal.

Reasons for Switching to MemberPress

WPMU retired Membership 2 Pro, and the last update to the plug-in created an incompatibility with aspects of my site.

Maggie from CDCS

Robust Membership plugin for Wordpress

Overall, MemberPress is a really versatile and useful plugin for building a membership site and has lots of great features. We've found it to be a good fit for our business and are happy with it. Customer service is always fast and friendly if we have any questions or problems.

Pros

It's really easy to set up rules for which members can access what content. Our particular site offers downloadable resources, so Members are able to access all pages, but certain resources are only able to be viewed and downloaded by Members of specific membership levels. Once we set it up the first time, it has worked wonderfully and makes uploading new resources for various membership levels very easy. The plugin is also fairly easy to adjust to suit our needs with very little coding knowledge needed. Most features are already included and it's just a matter of selecting them.

Cons

We offer a different annual price every year for new members, but old members continue to pay the price they first signed up with. At the moment, the 'Membership path' (going from free to paid, or paid down to free, for example) only allows a certain membership to be used once in paths. It would be much simpler for administrators if they could use a membership level in more than one path. As it stands for us, members who have signed up in previous years do not automatically go down to the free version if they stop their paid version. They simply cease to have access and we have to manually give them free access.

Brandon from Pixel Jar

MemberPress is the #1 Membership Plugin for WordPress

Setting up MemberPress can require you to know and understand a little bit about memberships sites. Once it's set up and configured, I usually don't have to tweak the settings at all. Everything just works. Creating protected content for a course is super easy now too.

Pros

MemberPress allows me to set up basic membership sites as well as fully-customized membership experiences. The code under the hood includes WordPress hooks and filters so folks who are more technically minded can extend it to suit their needs. The new Course Management features allow you to create online classrooms for your users to view a stylish version of your course content. It's quick and easy to build out your course content with without having to worry about spending time customizing layouts .

Cons

Some of the UI is a little clunky. One of the reasons it's been around for so long is because its functionality is robust. Because it's been around for so many years, some of its UI feels a little out of date. They are continually making improvements so this doesn't bother me.

Reasons for Choosing MemberPress

MemberPress has the best support team. They're responsive, knowledgeable, and helpful. MemberPress also has some advanced add-ons that lets my team create unique and usfule membership platforms for our clients.

Levi from Diversity Crew

(Almost) Everything you need

MemberPress is almost the perfect tool for setting up a membership based website. It leverages all of Wordpress's native functionality and extends it in understandable and powerful ways. Installation was one click to install the plugin and around an hour to understand and configure all of the options. The price is reasonable and the support (when needed) has been responsive. I was also pleasantly surprised to find that the add-ons provided by MemberPress are included in the price. No nickel and dime upcharges every time you need to add functionality. While the Courses module did not meet our needs, it is great to see the Memberpress team working to refine and expand the capabilities of MemberPress. It is also refreshing to see that they seem to have formed genuine partnerships with the other products they integrate with (LearnDash, Affiliate Royale, WP-SMTP to name a few). These are not bolted-on integrations. They are robust and well documented by both MemberPress and the third-party provider.

Pros

The purchase and setup process was painless. Configuration was quite involved but the layout of the admin interface and the documentation made this very straightforward. The number of integrations available makes this a solid foundation for our online paid content. We are using several integrations but most notable among them are the S3 plugin which let us protect our video content from an AWS storage bucket. This was something I hadn't even considered when selecting MemberPress. But as soon as I realized my oversite, there was a knowledgebase article and some great documentation. 30 minutes later, the problem was solved.

Cons

We had originally purchased MemberPress to act as a Learning Management System (LMS) but we found the newly added Courses module to be too simplistic for our needs. Fortunately, there is a robust integration with several LMS tools including LearnDash. Once we realized that Courses wasn't going to be the answer for us, it took less than an afternoon to pivot to LearnDash. Both tools have great documentation on how to setup the two systems to work together and we were able to launch on schedule.

Andy from Montgomery Group

Industry: Music

Collects Payment While You Sleep

Memberpress allows me to drip feed newsletters, course tips and customer retention quite easily. Take all of those aspects seriously because they really impact your business over the long term. Memberpress has everything built in and they have spent time thinking about this from a sellers point of view.

Pros

Memberpress changed my life in a good way because it did everything automatically which was the dream scenario I always dreamt of having. Once you have a product or service then the only missing link is Memberpress to bring in the money - and it does that without my manual interaction.

Cons

Was not easy to customise the interface but after receiving support with a few hours I was guided on how to modify aspects of the plugin. I am not a coder so getting a non-techy response was very welcome. There could perhaps be some templates to select from in future versions to make this easier.

Reasons for Choosing MemberPress

The support from Learndash was extremely poor and the flexibility of customisation is not a joyous experience to the non-techy. Learndash offers a lot but too complex to keep on top of. Memberpress does exactly what it says on the box!

Reasons for Switching to MemberPress

I don't want a mountain of menus - just simple point and click setups.

Jim Briant from Formation RN101

The ONLY one

The best solution for subscription type e-learning or for restricting your content. Sadly it is a little bit hard to customize if you’re new to this and the design with regards to payment methods or log in are flat “boring”. The courses “new feature”, needs a lot of things to improve, I don’t even know how to use it and I can’t use elementor with it and has no quizzes available yet. There is also not enough guide on how to use it, the guy from youtube is confusing. Overall with regards to content protection I love it. I forgot to mention, some customers who request for password reset don’t receive any reply - again maybe I don’t know how to set it up.

Pros

I really love the access restrictions, wherein you can select any content that you want to block.

Cons

The new feature “Courses” needs at lot of improvement and also need more guide on how to use it.

Reasons for Choosing MemberPress

Cause they say it is the best and it is the first one that I ever used, but I haven’t tried Leardash yet.

Memory from A Rood Awakening, International

Great membership plugin

There are a lot of features available with MemberPress. There's definitely a learning curve that comes with setting up and using the plugin, but they have a lot of helpful videos explaining the various features and how to use them. Also, if you get on the mailing list, they send out regular emails, in the beginning, telling you about all the features available. We were so busy that we didn't have time to read many of them, and there are probably some benefits that we are missing out on because we didn't read them. But regardless, it's definitely served us well and helped up increase our membership numbers.

Pros

Once set up, the plugin makes taking payments and keeping track of members a breeze. It's all mostly automated so there's not a lot of extra work that needs to be put into collecting information, sending email responses, taking payments, etc.

Cons

We switched from a different membership plugin to use this one because it offered more features. It's been a couple of years since setting it up so it's hard to remember exactly what issues we faced, but I do remember that transferring our member info from the old site to the new one wasn't very intuitive. We had to type out all of their info because we couldn't find a way to export the info from the old plugin and import it into MemberPress. That was tedious but, like I said, it's been a couple of years so future updates may have addressed that problem and made the transfer process easier.

Reasons for Choosing MemberPress

This had most of the features that the team needed and also includes additional add-ons to make it even more beneficial.

Reasons for Switching to MemberPress

The team started using the old membership plugin before I started working there, but I think they wanted to switch because it didn't offer all the features they needed.

Rebecca from Pre-Veterinary Mentoring Group

Industry: Veterinary

Great for non-coders

I originally purchased WooCommerce and had a lot of trouble trying to configure it for use with memberships. It required several add-on purchases. And then still was not compatible with my WordPress Theme (despite claiming to be, and this conclusion came from the Authorize IT help group). Whereas WooCommerce customer service was horrible, extremely slow to receive replies, often replies were irrelevant, and where relevant required coding experience to understand/implement...Memberpress Customer service was amazing. Setup was easy without support; however, I wanted to do a few things with memberships that were non-traditional They were very quick with help, and it was very easy to understand, and included screenshots and instructions. It was clear that it was worth the money and effort to make the switch to Memberpress. If they fully integrated with Stripe to allow use of Apple Pay, I'd say it was perfect for what I needed/wanted.

Pros

Ease of use (I am not in the computer field and do not code, and it was simple to set up) Designed specifically for Memberships

Cons

Doesn't fully integrate with Stripe (e.g., cannot use Apple Pay, cannot customize Stripe invoices)

Reasons for Switching to MemberPress

WooCommerce was complicated and required two separate add-ons to perform the same actions as the basic Memberpress. Setup was so much easier for Memberpress than WooCommerce, and ends up being significantly less expensive (due to the add-ons required for Woo).

Ryan from Visual People Design

Beats any other Member Option for WordPress I've seen

Overall, it's the best membership plugin (for paid memberships) that I've found for WordPress. Like any software, there are minor things I wish it did differently, but most importantly, for our clients, they have been very happy with it as well -- something I definitely can't say about every WP Plugin we've used for sure!

Pros

The implementation of this software is hands-down better than any other membership plugin(s) for WordPress. The setup and configuration was probably almost half the time it's taken for the main competitor that we've used in the past. In addition the features ate at least on par, if not significantly better than others without nickel and diming you to death for every requirement. Of course there are several paid addons, but they seem to be for truly specialized circumstances.

Cons

The think that we had the hardest time with is for sure importing existing members, subscriptions and transactions, though it really wasn't too bad. Once you understand the exact way that they need the csv files formatted (and the instructions are pretty easy to follow) it can be done pretty painlessly -- it's that csv setup that takes forever, though, and I'm not sure of a way around it. For sure the most frustrating part of this was the inability (as far as I could see) to turn off notifications during an import. Even though I had everything shut off, the admin account of was still getting bombarded with "new account created" emails.

Reasons for Switching to MemberPress

We were having a hard time getting everything done we wanted to with the WooCommerce plugins and they just felt so clunky. In addition, it seemed that nearly everything we wanted to do was either impossible or required another $100/year plugin.

Trisha from The Alliance of Professional Health Advocates

MemberPress -all day every day

Our membership has grown exponentially and all the moving parts are managed seamlessly. I also appreciate that every update or upgrade is well tested before it comes out.

Pros

We implemented MemberPress in 2016 as a replacement for a 7-year-old bespoke/ hand-coded system and only wish we had done it sooner. Replacing an old system was made easy by MemberPress because there was a way to do everything from the previous - more efficiently and effectively - plus so many new and useful capabilities. Also important, we tried 2 other membership systems first and discarded them because they did not do everything that needed to be done. MemberPress was the right choice, hands down.

Cons

Least - was only that it took a long time to set it up and the learning curve was steep. But it was never frustrating because we had had so many bad experiences prior. Once we started with MemberPress it all went smoothly. It just took a great deal of effort to do it the way we wanted it done.

Amanda from CMG

Good Solution for Membership Website

It’s been great so far!

Pros

This software integrates easily in Wordpress websites. While the UI is a little challenging, the software is very feature-rich.

Cons

The transaction vs subscription relationship is confusing. Also, the lack of built in directory feature.

Cost and integration

Cost and integration limitations

Response from Caseproof

Replied August 2020

Hello Amanda, Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. If you'd like assistance understanding the transaction/subscription relationship, please feel free to submit your questions to outreach@caseproof.com. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you!

Eric from Prime Life University

Industry: Online Media

MemberPress easy for Membership

Pros

Very easy to set up even though it is very robust.

Cons

Sometimes I can't find check boxes and I have to search around for them. A system tree that is searchable would be nice.

Reasons for Switching to MemberPress

Drip option and more tools

Amanda from Distant Assistant

Pivoting with ease

We had to pivot rapidly (thanks COVID) from in-person classes to delivering all our Pilates, Yoga and fitness training online. We implemented the entire online learning portal using our current website and adding MemberPress to control access to content across our many offerings. In order to keep the business afloat, we only a few days to make this all happen and I would have not been able to do it without MemberPress and it's simple usability. No, I didn't sleep for 3 days but we did it!

Pros

Easy to implement Drag & Drop is great Easy to create a module template and reuse it over and over within a course Stripe integration is great (and the only payment gateway I will now use)

Cons

PayPal integration is clunky - but that's more a PayPal issue than MP.

Reasons for Choosing MemberPress

Functionality, Ease of use, I chose the expensive option but felt for commercial use it needed to have that extra functionality.

Bruno from brunoramos.es

Very complete and easy to use

Configured once, work with it over years

Pros

Easy to configure, drip content, email automations for remembers users, paypal and stripe payments. Great integration with Wordpress.

Cons

Once, some updates broke coupons codes, but fast solved.

Reasons for Choosing MemberPress

It have all the features I need and the affiliate plugin included ;)

Scott from Midlife Recharge

My LMS Choice

MemberPress fits nicely with my vision for online course creation. I am new to the LMS world and did my due diligence before going with MemberPress. This involved price and functionality comparisons. It is easy to use and the documentation is great. It also integrates well with Elementor which is a plus.

Pros

I needed a learning management system for some online courses that I need to create and MemberPress was my choice. The introductory price was the biggest draw for me. Also, I appreciate that it integrates with Elementor. Setting up the courses is straight forward with great documentation. I'm still in the process of creating my courses, but so far I'm happy with my purchase of MemberPress.

Cons

I am still in the process of creating my courses with MemberPress, but so far, I haven't encountered any challenges or functionality limitations that impact my desired results.

Reasons for Choosing MemberPress

I choose MemberPress over other products due to it's pricing in relationship to its functionality and my needs.

Joseph from 1FiSH Productions

Robust membership plugin

Very smooth experience

Pros

It's effortless to use. I just follow the videos and instructions on setting up certain features. It has most of the things we want for a membership plugin. If I stumble into a problem, their support department is very much willing to help, and they answer at once. The pricing point is too high; there should be different entry levels. I am administering the account under [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Cons

The pricing point is too high; there should be different entry levels. I am administering the account under [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. There's a bit of complication when using a caching plugin and CDN service with this. You have to remember to follow the instructions if you do have those plugins to help improve the website's performance as it can provide some frustrations. Clearing the cache is always the key to resolving issues.

Reasons for Choosing MemberPress

It provides a lower price point than LearnDash, it has better reviews and more features.

Ryan from Immediate Entourage

Industry: Architecture & Planning

The best wordpress plug-in for membership sites

Because I adopted this paid membership option to my site I have taken my hobby into a steady side business. Definately recommend giving memberpress a try.

Pros

For a non-recurring payment software that also will not take a cut of the earnings, this may be the best option out there. ALSO technical support is top of the line. I have had a few snags while setting up a custom theme and I get a response right away, even a personal video tutorial in one instance. The team also recommended a third party developer to do some custom integration and that has gone great.

Cons

The admin areas are a little challenging at first, but this is largely because it must work within the Wordpress interface.

Reasons for Choosing MemberPress

Changed the business model to a low monthly fee vs. individual downloads.

Vipin from Unovest

The best membership plugin in the peer group

I run a membership product in financial services where users get to access premium content. I tried several other plugins but the most easy to use and implement has been Memberpress.Not to mention at a very competitive price.

Pros

Setting rules, creating memberships and getting signups is a breeze. It is ready to use and launch.

Cons

Except for Paypal, other country specific payment gateways are missing and one will have to do custom work to get them running.

Reasons for Choosing MemberPress

the most easy to use and implement has been Memberpress. Not to mention at a very competitive price.

Reasons for Switching to MemberPress

PM Pro needs too many plugins to make it work.

Response from Caseproof

Replied August 2020

Hello Vipin, Thanks so much for your thoughtful review. Please don't hesitate to contact us at outreach@caseproof.com if you have questions about or need assistance with setting up your payment gateways. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you!

Michael from Josephine Guzman Youth Center

Great for our competitive parents

We use for our competitive parents. We have information about where the competitions are and the times of the competition. Changes is training times. Because we are dealing with youth competitors we don't want this information being shown to the public. It is easy to set up groups for each level so everyone get the correct information. No more sending out all those emails to remind parents about the information over and over again. We put it on the page and they know where to go to find the information and we can update it or change it if needed. With the support, they also check in on you after to make sure that you have solved the problem. This is nice and lots of times with plug-ins you have to keep on contacting them over and over till you figure out how so solve the problem

Pros

This is a very robust and detailed plug in. The ability to let certain groups see certain pages or certain parts of each page, allows you to get the correct information out to those who need it. MemberPress has relived our stress!

Cons

I was a little lost at first, but with support and their online information it was easy to figure it out.

Reasons for Choosing MemberPress

Talked with people who have used MemberPress and other plug ins

Donna from Magic City Marketing

Memberpress is the best!

Awesome

Pros

I like the ease of use - can set up a new product, membership, rule in just minutes.

Cons

Would like to track coupons on same export as transactions.

Reasons for Choosing MemberPress

Coupons, ease of use, others reviews

Reasons for Switching to MemberPress

Too hard to talk to their (international) support

Cheryl from Gillyfleur

A quality solution for building online learning and resources on Wordpress

I've set up Memberpress on a dozen websites in the last 5 years and whenever I've had a question or difficulty the team has responded very helpfully.

Pros

Memberpress is super flexible and caters for multiple offerings, groups and commercial terms, with solid, well supported software. We've installed it on various websites, from online fitness training, choir memberships, to online personal finance courses. These vary from one-off pay-as-you-go transactions to view content, through to recurring subscriptions.

Cons

It can take some time to understand how the different components: memberships, groups, rules and pages/posts affect each other and to really test every scenario of how a user would interact with the website.

Reasons for Choosing MemberPress

It plugs into Wordpress and so you can use the existing website to host premium content. You don't have to pay a 3rd party subscription. It easily plugs in to 3rd parties like Paypal, Stripe, Mailchimp etc. The Mailchimp feature is really useful for us, to manage email flows to specific membership groups.

Fanny from SoPressed

My Go_To membership plugin

I create online training websites and membership websites with Memberpress & Divi and Learndash.

Pros

All the features and options. To be able to build a full Membership site

Cons

The price ;-) But I choose a plan with enough licenses for happy clients.

Reviews and comparisation blogs

Reasons for Switching to MemberPress

Needed premium functions and future proof plugin. Liked the attached Affiliate Pro account to try out

Eric from wpxdm

UX Designer

Pros

It's very intuitive to set up and has all the features I need. The docs and customer support are excellent.

Cons

There isn't anything major I don't like about this software.

Reasons for Choosing MemberPress

Seemed to best fit my needs.

Camilla from Camilla parenting coach

Memberpress review - a positive experience

The benefits are that I have been able to create a course in the way that I've wanted to and being able to drip content has been incredibly useful

Pros

I have been using memberpress software for a course that I run online for parents. This software has allowed me to drip content and roll it out in stages and allowed me to have several tiers to my memberships which has been really useful. It keeps everything I need to run my course to hand and has been very clear to understand and use. I like the way it links with WordPress.

Cons

I feel that it has been really good to use overall. The only issue I feel that I have had that could be improved is that when the users of the course I've created went to sign in the second time, they were not permitted to do so without setting up their own WordPress account. I am not sure why that is necessary and feel that's been the one downside to memberpress being linked with WordPress in this way. Other than that I have no issues and it has been very user friendly.

Mark from Resourceful Designer

Up and running in less than an hour!

So far so good. Someone suggested I try another, less expensive option for my membership site, but everything is working so well with MemberPress that I didn't think the money I would save was worth the trouble.

Pros

MemberPress was so simple to set up. I indicated what pages were to be protected. Set up the various membership levels. Integrated it with the Stripe payment portal. In less than an hour, I was done and people were signing up.

Cons

It took me a few tries to figure out the membership levels, but that's not really a fault of MemberPress. It was more me trying to do things too fast and missing steps in the documentation.

Reasons for Choosing MemberPress

Honestly? It was your Black Friday sale that got me to purchase. I've been happy ever since.

Dan from Inside Furniture

Industry: Furniture

Top membership software

Main benefit is it keeps everything in one place, easy to manage and create unlimited subscriptions. I'm really happy with the product and service. As my business grows it will also allow me to add more subs packages, which is great to know for the future.

Pros

Ease of use and all the tutorial videos that come with it explain everything to set up easily. The layout, functions and software management have been great so far. Experienced no issues other than creating corporate accounts, which I needed to upgrade for. Haven't used all features yet but looking forward to using the download content option to protect. Really useful feature for digital publications.

Cons

Nothing so far! (Maybe include the corporate membership option in basic for beginners).

Reasons for Choosing MemberPress

I found the ease of use from watching lots of online videos on youtube to be a deciding factor and how user friendly the software seemed compared to others in reviews. Not been disappointed yet.

Justine from Body Recomp

Memberpress seems to be the most comprehensive and powerful membership solution on wordpress

This all in one plugin allows me to monetize part of my content, to sell my coaching services and now my courses as well !

Pros

I love the endless possibilities of settings. This plugin is comprehensive but still relatively easy to use! The icing on the cake is the ability to sell and manage our courses directly in the Memberpress admin. t's intuitive, easy and quick to create and perfectly integrated... I love it!

Cons

It would be nice to have more possibilities in terms of design and layout. Integrations with page builders are a good starting point, but not enough. I do not have enough perspective to provide feedbacks on the management of memberships and payments.

Reasons for Choosing MemberPress

Well known plugin in the wordpress community... one of the best membership plugin on the market. Qand quitte affordable for an all in one plugin !