• icon"I like being about to create different member plans for different offerings with ease."
  • icon"The integrations work seamlessly and the analytics are wonderful. That all combined with the fact that I've NEVER encountered customer service like this."
  • icon"They are also fairly quick to respond and help when needed - which is really important to me and what I do."
  • icon"You can tweak the colors, but there is no option to put our logo on the popups."
  • icon"The interface for customizing e-mails by to members is limited."
  • icon"I would have a tool to drive members, but that's cause I am needy."

All MemberSpace Reviews

Goutham

Best no-code tool to build and manage memberships on your site!

Kyla

Just use MemberSpace. Don't look anywhere else.

I coach a triathlon team. I bill my athletes monthly. I have a library of training plans and resources that I need to have available only to paying athletes. Memberspace does all of this! I host all my files on my website. Memberspace puts a padlock on the "athletes only" pages. And it swipes their credit cards every month for me. It really is a one-stop place for everything the back end of my business needs!

Pros

Memberspace offers recurring payment plans that are AMAZING in their billing dates, ability to pro-rate, and ease of use. The customer service and technical support can't be beat. You never feel talked down to, and the answers are in plain speak. I have a Wix website, and the integration with that is INCREDIBLE! I can continue building pages in Wix and Memberspace just puts a nice little password portal on the pages I want. I( can use the templates and CSS that I've already created - I don't have to worry about making sure all my pages look the same across multiple platforms - because they are all in one platform (hosted on my website).

Cons

There is a little bit of a learning curve, but the excellent technical support is such a help with that. After a few quick questions and reading some of their guides and watching the videos, I was a pro in no time.

Reasons for choosing MemberSpace

Cost, ease of use, scalability, recurring payments options, integrations with Stripe and Wix.

Reasons for switching to MemberSpace

MoonClerk was too expensive for what it did. And I needed to password protect pages on my website, which Moonclerk doesn't do.

Nachi

Decent and Functional

Memberspace has been a good service to use as my membership takes shape and grows.

Pros

What I like most is that the team seems to be improving what they offer and are open to feedback. They are also fairly quick to respond and help when needed - which is really important to me and what I do. Almost every function has an instructional video and the team really does try to make things as accessible as possible to us.

Cons

When I began using the service, there were slim pickings for membership sites that weren't cluttered and intimidating. Now, there are a few other services popping up and if my clientele wasn't so tied in to the software - I'd be heavily entertaining other services. Not because the software is bad, but because other services are more competitive for the functions you're paying for and perks that you get.

Reasons for choosing MemberSpace

I didn't find any other membership platform that met my needs. Now there are a few more options out there.

caryn

November 2022

Great customer service

Just when you thought customer service was dead, here is Memberspace. never underestimate a kind and helpful email in a timely manner. They keep my business running!

Pros

It's very user friendly and the employees are incredibly helpful.

Cons

I wish I could manipulate the reports a bit more, but I know they are always working on updates.

Rebecca

Where are the Reports?

MemberSpace works for what it does, and has helped small companies achieve ease of mind. However, I'm not sure how companies continue to grow without better tracking of their subscriptions.

Pros

MemberSpace allows you to manage subscriptions, cancellations and upgrades of a member based website. The site is not cluttered and so easy to follow, and allows for non-technical people to implement tracking on their websites.

Cons

There is essentially no reporting or tracking available outside of the single dashboard page you are brought to upon logging in. This shows up to 90 days prior, but does not allow granularity, segmentation, etc. Seeing as understanding the flow of your subscribers is crucial to most businesses I find this lack of a reporting sweet shocking.

Response from MemberSpace

Thank you for the feedback Rebecca! We have chosen not to focus on in-depth financial reporting (yet) because there are many great (and free) tools out there that you can easily connect to see everything you could want. The main ones we recommend are https://www.profitwell.com (100% free), and Stripe's billing analytics (https://dashboard.stripe.com/billing)

Replied August 2018

Andy

Industry: Music

September 2022

Memberspace - easy to use with excellent service

Memberspace interacts seamlessly with other sites eg Squarespace, Vimeo etc - this interaction is vital to our business model

Pros

Memberspace is reliable and help is always there when needed

Cons

I would like the ability to export a report of the content links, not just a count of link interactions

Because it's the best!

Ann

Excellent personal support!

The service is above exceptional. I always receive an answer that is timely. I loved the support I recently received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] took the time to create a personalized video explaining exactly how to do what I was struggling to do on my own. Brilliant! :-)

Pros

It's Canadian based. I like to do business with Canadians when I can.

Cons

I honestly haven't experienced anything I wasn't overly happy with.

Reasons for choosing MemberSpace

I honestly didn't. My website developer did. I'm glad she did however.

Deanna

MemberSpace makes managing my membership community simple.

I've been very pleased.

Pros

The ease in back end automation and ability to customize. I also like the flexibility in the pricing plans. I like being able to connect it to my website.

Cons

Right now, I'm having trouble with migrating my paid members to my new website - for some reason they are not being charged since moving them over. I'd also like the ability to send emails to my members through MemberSpace.

Reasons for switching to MemberSpace

I wasn't pleased with the Mighty Networks functionality.

Response from MemberSpace

Thanks Deanna for your kind words :) Just FYI regarding your question about why your migrated members were not being charged yet - that is because they were on an existing subscription with a 12 month interval between payments.

Replied June 2020

Brian

Great Integration

Great first impression and had a great presentation of the product in a webinar. I have already implemented a club based website for a client.

Pros

Ease of deployment and options to whitelabel.

Cons

Maybe choose where the login overlay goes. With chat the two but heads which is what I found. Had to move my chat button but maybe yours can be center instead.

Reasons for choosing MemberSpace

Simpler and more intuitive to the member access.

Katie

June 2022

Great so far!!!

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT]was SOOOO super helpful in answering all of my questions in full and detailed responses. Her reply was so quick as well. I really really appreciate the time spent to help me out!

Cons

I just wish i was able to sort my users a little better. but that could also be on me to look into it more

Came recommended to me

Industry: Wine and Spirits

October 2022

Awesome membership management tool

Pros

- Easy deployment and integration - Easy user management- Up and running in less than 30 minutes- Amazing support

Cons

- Integration with stripe could be improved

Shan

Industry: Online Media

Tested every membership software out there... this is the one that worked!

Amazing. Their customer service is top notch. Their software never lets me down. IT JUST WORKS. They are constantly improving things.

Pros

The thing that I liked most about this software was that every step of the customer flow process was thought through. It was one of the only softwares that I tested where they had an extremely simplified sign up customer account process. It seemed like every single other software out there added so many unnecessary pages for the customer to make it through. It feels like they really wanted to help you get less emails from lost customers.

Cons

I really... like REALLY dislike Squarespace. It's one of the most blocky and limited site building platforms out there and I literally only have a SS site because I wanted to use Memberspace. I gave up on being my own site administrator because I wanted to spend time on other parts of the business... So I ditched Wordpress. I found absolute bliss with the new Wix sites. I've been doing online business since 2005, and Wix has changed my life. So I literally have 2 sites JUST so I could use Memberspace and have it jimmy-rigged to connect my membersite to my homepage site at Wix. I'll be using their Wix integration when they get that going. 2nd thing... the lack of Payment options has been hard. I've had countless people at this point tell me they can't use my product because we don't have PayPal. So that would be nice.

Reasons for choosing MemberSpace

Simplicity of the pages for the customer sign up and account management.

Denise

December 2021

Memberspace Review

Good software, Great price, excellent customer service.

Pros

I needed to make a secure members-only area to store my classes and years ago, Memberspace was the only software company hooking up to Squarespace. I totally rely on Customer Support. Big thanks and shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] who really helped me this week!!!

Cons

Honestly-no complaints. I do miss being able to call someone at Memberspace on the phone for support, instead of texting, which is how customer support used to be. I have not been on a weekly chat, however, because you have to make an appointment one week in advance.

Reasons for choosing MemberSpace

Because I set it up years ago, and it still works. Squarespace has its own Members-only area now, but I have not checked it out, and will stick with Memberspace.

Tia

Just What I've Been Looking For!

I love how they are growing and making flexible and cost effective pricing plans for their users. This allows newer businesses like me to afford what I need to grow my business at a reasonable cost. I was able to set-up one of my courses in no time. Very easy to navigate and utilize.

Pros

I have been researching and using online course platforms for the past year and just settled on something to get me started. But, I was so excited when I stumbled across MemberSpace. It offers just what I was looking for! I love the fact that I can keep my online program on my website and not redirect my clients elsewhere. In addition, it's been extremely user friendly (even for non-techies like me :) When I do run into an issue, support is amazing and answers my questions within a matter of seconds most of the time. You will be hard pressed to find a response time like that anywhere. I also love the continuity and design flow my online program has with my website and brand. This really is a great option for Squarespace users looking for brand continuity, professionalism, and credibility as an online course creator, course, or company.

Cons

My specific mail service doesn't directly integrate, but that's okay because there's a 'zap' for that :)

Improvements galore!

I can turn my SS website into a membership site without buying something like Kajabi, WordPress with their membership site plug-ins or some other tool.

Pros

As a Squarespace user for over ten years, one of the biggest perks to MemberSpace is that it is designed perfectly for SS. It has turned my SS websites into powerful membership sites with easy to use interfaces and features.

Cons

There are next to no cons, but making the analytics more robust is something MemberSpace is continually working on. The biggest challenge for membership sites and courseware is to KEEP MEMBERS ENGAGED. It's hard to know when you need to do that unless you know who has dropped off and who has low usage. MS is getting better and better at making analytics work for users.

Jodi

Customer Service deserves 10 Stars⭐️

It’s been easy to figure things out for the most part. When I goof up or get stuck, there are written instructions, video examples and INCREDIBLY responsive Customer Support Reps just na email away. I’m REALLY excited to have this professional, streamlined software to roll out to my existing membership!

Pros

The ability to move the software with me if I change website hosting providers WITHOUT disrupting me membership base was VERY appealing to me.

Cons

I wanted to disregard my free trial and start paying immediately - I’m THAT pleased!

Reasons for choosing MemberSpace

1) It did ALL of what I was looking for and MORE 2) The look, feel and function projected the professional, organized delivery I was seeking 3) Not being “stuck” at a web provider was a HUGE motivator since I’ve just switched to my 3rd host in past 10 years. 4) I was impressed with the reviews about Customer Service and am THRILLED to see they’re spot on! Great support staff!!

Reasons for switching to MemberSpace

See above - was doing things manually since I couldn’t find something to accomplish what I needed to do. With only 51 members, it was doable - just limited my growth potential as things were becoming overwhelming for me.

Jonathan