• Pros

• "I love that this is an affordable and easy to use software. "

• "Really easy to use interface. Great tutorial videos that walk you through each step you need to take."

• "I love how easy this is to set up with a Squarespace site. It takes so little time. I also love that they have such great customer support. "

• Cons

• "My specific mail service doesn't directly integrate, but that's okay because there's a 'zap' for that :)"

• "Nothing comes to mind. The only problem I had was trying to figure out what to do with all the time I saved by switching over to MemberSpace. "

• "I don't have much experience with technology so can't tell what I dislike."

Browse MemberSpace Reviews

Kyla from Go Big!

Just use MemberSpace. Don't look anywhere else.

I coach a triathlon team. I bill my athletes monthly. I have a library of training plans and resources that I need to have available only to paying athletes. Memberspace does all of this! I host all my files on my website. Memberspace puts a padlock on the "athletes only" pages. And it swipes their credit cards every month for me. It really is a one-stop place for everything the back end of my business needs!

Pros

Memberspace offers recurring payment plans that are AMAZING in their billing dates, ability to pro-rate, and ease of use. The customer service and technical support can't be beat. You never feel talked down to, and the answers are in plain speak. I have a Wix website, and the integration with that is INCREDIBLE! I can continue building pages in Wix and Memberspace just puts a nice little password portal on the pages I want. I( can use the templates and CSS that I've already created - I don't have to worry about making sure all my pages look the same across multiple platforms - because they are all in one platform (hosted on my website).

Cons

There is a little bit of a learning curve, but the excellent technical support is such a help with that. After a few quick questions and reading some of their guides and watching the videos, I was a pro in no time.

Reasons for Choosing MemberSpace

Cost, ease of use, scalability, recurring payments options, integrations with Stripe and Wix.

Nachi from Live Like YOU, Now! Coaching & Mentoring

Decent and Functional

Memberspace has been a good service to use as my membership takes shape and grows.

Pros

What I like most is that the team seems to be improving what they offer and are open to feedback. They are also fairly quick to respond and help when needed - which is really important to me and what I do. Almost every function has an instructional video and the team really does try to make things as accessible as possible to us.

Cons

When I began using the service, there were slim pickings for membership sites that weren't cluttered and intimidating. Now, there are a few other services popping up and if my clientele wasn't so tied in to the software - I'd be heavily entertaining other services. Not because the software is bad, but because other services are more competitive for the functions you're paying for and perks that you get.

Reasons for Choosing MemberSpace

I didn't find any other membership platform that met my needs. Now there are a few more options out there.

Deanna from Refreshed Moms LLC

MemberSpace makes managing my membership community simple.

I've been very pleased.

Pros

The ease in back end automation and ability to customize. I also like the flexibility in the pricing plans. I like being able to connect it to my website.

Cons

Right now, I'm having trouble with migrating my paid members to my new website - for some reason they are not being charged since moving them over. I'd also like the ability to send emails to my members through MemberSpace.

Response from MemberSpace

Replied June 2020

Thanks Deanna for your kind words :) Just FYI regarding your question about why your migrated members were not being charged yet - that is because they were on an existing subscription with a 12 month interval between payments.

Rebecca from Autoimmune Strong

Where are the Reports?

MemberSpace works for what it does, and has helped small companies achieve ease of mind. However, I'm not sure how companies continue to grow without better tracking of their subscriptions.

Pros

MemberSpace allows you to manage subscriptions, cancellations and upgrades of a member based website. The site is not cluttered and so easy to follow, and allows for non-technical people to implement tracking on their websites.

Cons

There is essentially no reporting or tracking available outside of the single dashboard page you are brought to upon logging in. This shows up to 90 days prior, but does not allow granularity, segmentation, etc. Seeing as understanding the flow of your subscribers is crucial to most businesses I find this lack of a reporting sweet shocking.

Response from MemberSpace

Replied August 2018

Thank you for the feedback Rebecca! We have chosen not to focus on in-depth financial reporting (yet) because there are many great (and free) tools out there that you can easily connect to see everything you could want. The main ones we recommend are https://www.profitwell.com (100% free), and Stripe's billing analytics (https://dashboard.stripe.com/billing)

Carrie from K & J Trucking, Inc

So easy to use!

We use MemberSpace as a membership gateway to a site that is only for our truck drivers. We don't charge them for it, we just use it as a way to make the site password protected with unique user passwords so it is easy to remove them if they retire or leave the company.

Pros

Cons

I wish that there was the ability to never need a login again once members have logged in. The system will request a login again after a certain number of days. With many of our users being quite a bit older, this has been the only thing causing some issues. Then I end up on the phone with them walking them through the password reset process.

Reasons for Choosing MemberSpace

Cost and customer service.

Shan from ObjectivePersonality.com

Industry: Online Media

Tested every membership software out there... this is the one that worked!

Amazing. Their customer service is top notch. Their software never lets me down. IT JUST WORKS. They are constantly improving things.

Pros

The thing that I liked most about this software was that every step of the customer flow process was thought through. It was one of the only softwares that I tested where they had an extremely simplified sign up customer account process. It seemed like every single other software out there added so many unnecessary pages for the customer to make it through. It feels like they really wanted to help you get less emails from lost customers.

Cons

I really... like REALLY dislike Squarespace. It's one of the most blocky and limited site building platforms out there and I literally only have a SS site because I wanted to use Memberspace. I gave up on being my own site administrator because I wanted to spend time on other parts of the business... So I ditched Wordpress. I found absolute bliss with the new Wix sites. I've been doing online business since 2005, and Wix has changed my life. So I literally have 2 sites JUST so I could use Memberspace and have it jimmy-rigged to connect my membersite to my homepage site at Wix. I'll be using their Wix integration when they get that going. 2nd thing... the lack of Payment options has been hard. I've had countless people at this point tell me they can't use my product because we don't have PayPal. So that would be nice.

Reasons for Choosing MemberSpace

Simplicity of the pages for the customer sign up and account management.

Jenny from Women on Adventures

Memberspace has been a game changer

I put Memberspace in place last year and my membership has doubled since February. I used to get complaints all the time about my website but since I started using Memberspace that has all but disappeared. It has allowed me to create a whole member side of my website and I love being able to offer content to people who have invested in my business.

Pros

I love the variety of options available to me in creating membership plans. It's allowed me to create the business I envisioned on squarespace. I was struggling with wordpress, web developers, and MORE. Now I have all the control I need over content and can do all the development myself (that's saying a lot!).

Cons

The one thing I don't like is that I can't assign a plan to a member. If they sign up for an annual membership, and I think they are awesome and want to gift them with a lifetime membership, I can't. This is the smallest inconvenience, and not a big deal at all, but something I have wanted to be able to do.

Christina from Running a Momathon

I LOVE MEMBERSPACE!

I have a membership program for my community and it helps to have a low cost option where I can facilitate with my members as well as keep track of my payments.

Pros

I LOVE that it integrates with my already awesome website. I also love that their customer service is AMAZING! They do instant message, email and PHONE!!!

Cons

None to comment. The customer service is amazing.

Becca from Wellness Warrior Tribe

So impressed with the simplicity of the membership space!

Amazing! The customer service is phenomenal. They reply and assist you within minutes, it’s truly impressive. I love how they have tutorials before each option in their pages that makes it seamless as well.

Pros

I love the simplicity. I am not a tech person so this has been awesome at helping bring to life my community membership. Also the customer service is AMAZING!

Cons

Having to do it In all honesty though I really do not love the tech side of things but I needed to create a membership so this just made sense.

Reasons for Choosing MemberSpace

The simplicity & amazing customer service made it an easy decision!

Daniel from TheForexCentre Ltd

The Support

I had an issue with the installation and got in touch with the reps and he was extremely helpful and help me step by step through live chat.

Pros

I've been looking for software like this for a very long while and it hits the nail on the head, easy to use and navigate I also like the fact that they have a trial before comminting to something.

Cons

not much really to say as im still on a trial.

Tia from Goodbye Workplace. Hello Family!, LLC

Just What I've Been Looking For!

I love how they are growing and making flexible and cost effective pricing plans for their users. This allows newer businesses like me to afford what I need to grow my business at a reasonable cost. I was able to set-up one of my courses in no time. Very easy to navigate and utilize.

Pros

I have been researching and using online course platforms for the past year and just settled on something to get me started. But, I was so excited when I stumbled across MemberSpace. It offers just what I was looking for! I love the fact that I can keep my online program on my website and not redirect my clients elsewhere. In addition, it's been extremely user friendly (even for non-techies like me :) When I do run into an issue, support is amazing and answers my questions within a matter of seconds most of the time. You will be hard pressed to find a response time like that anywhere. I also love the continuity and design flow my online program has with my website and brand. This really is a great option for Squarespace users looking for brand continuity, professionalism, and credibility as an online course creator, course, or company.

Improvements galore!

I can turn my SS website into a membership site without buying something like Kajabi, WordPress with their membership site plug-ins or some other tool.

Pros

As a Squarespace user for over ten years, one of the biggest perks to MemberSpace is that it is designed perfectly for SS. It has turned my SS websites into powerful membership sites with easy to use interfaces and features.

Cons

There are next to no cons, but making the analytics more robust is something MemberSpace is continually working on. The biggest challenge for membership sites and courseware is to KEEP MEMBERS ENGAGED. It's hard to know when you need to do that unless you know who has dropped off and who has low usage. MS is getting better and better at making analytics work for users.

Jonathan from Jonathan Tilley

You don't want MemberSpace, you NEED MemberSpace

Pros

Anyone who runs a digital company that takes payment, that has content that is only to be seen by those members, that wants excellent customer service, that likes perks on a monthly basis with upgrades and updates, that builds multiple Squarespace websites but wants everything in one dashboard, that enjoys a smooth as silk user interface, that rejoices in the set it and forget it way of life... NEEDS MemberSpace. There is nothing else that scratches the surface on how amazing MemberSpace is.

Sabine from Happy Goat Productions LLC

Industry: Alternative Medicine

outstanding customer service

Pros

The customer service for Memberspace is outstanding. They are very prompt, patient, super helpful, and just such a pleasure to work with. As somebody not good with technology, their service and help are so appreciated!

Cons

I don't have much experience with technology so can't tell what I dislike.

Nadine from Time Elevated

Industry: Executive Office

As Easy to Use as SquareSpace Itself

Pros

Cons

Nothing major.... the pricing structure has changed since I signed up, but I will be staying in the old grandfathered, flat-rate pricing. Not seeing a lot of user info regarding which pages are being accessed when, but that could just be me not using it right.

Response from MemberSpace

Replied October 2018

Hey Nadine :) you can actually view which of your member pages are being viewed (and when) by going to the Members section in your top navigation then clicking "View member details" for any member, then clicking the "Member Pages" button in the top right (see screenshot: https://cl.ly/8c231467016c).

Stephanie from Music for Kiddos

Industry: Music

Up and running in literally a day, and $4,000 in sales a few days later!

Very good. I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to set up my membership launch. The 15-minute chat with a founder was really helping in giving me the confidence to build my Squarespace site first before getting ready to add MemberSpace to it.

Pros

This is a seamless addition to SquareSpace. Initially, the idea of building in a membership site can feel very daunting. With just a little bit of clicking around and checking out their in-depth tutorials, you can get launched within a couple of hours. I absolutely hate troubleshooting technology stuff, so if I made it work this quickly, just about anyone can.

Cons

N/A. There were definitely some work-arounds and a couple of things that are 95% perfect instead of 100% perfect, but overall I'm really happy with it.

Ease.

Clara from Finelles

Great customer service

Until now the service was good, it is easy to use. The only problem I face is that for some things it could be a bit more sophisticated (invoice looks not very nice and lacks information).

Pros

- easy to handle / usability is easy - easy to integrate with squarespace - great support on any question - you usually get a response within an hour and not only link to help pages but actual responses

Cons

- Not enough flexibility: I cannot amend invoices (which is necessary for the German market) which needs quite a work around with an API to a billing software. Other services such as teachable (if you are doing an online course) have this already integrated

Response from MemberSpace

Replied August 2018

Hey Clara, thanks for the feedback! We are actually launching a new feature soon to allow you to amend the invoices. We'll let you know when it's ready :)

Chris from Model Accuracy

Unreal customer experience with INCREDIBLE follow through!

The best benefit is the customer experience, for me as a customer of MemberSpace. I spent 45 minutes on a video call with a co-founder of the software hand guiding me through the software integrating it into my Square Space website. That is UNREAL follow through. I was humbled to have him at the helm helping me, and really appreciative of the time he took for free to get me up and running. I am literally making money now because of him. Think of that! He took 45 min of his day to make me money. I am floored!

Pros

Its so easy, I could do it! I have ZERO computer science background, zero programming, and am not even the least bit helpful to my programming team. BUT, the founders of MemberSpace made this easy enough for me to understand and operate. I am beyond grateful for the customer service which made all this possible. I am definitely see my company growing with MemberSpace.

Cons

nothing. its perfect. it does EXACTLY what I need it to do.

Rachel from Sleepy Santosha

Awesome!

Awesome customer service. Easy to integrate with website. I recommend it to other online entrepreneurs all the time.

Pros

I love that this is an affordable and easy to use software.

Cons

No complaints. Great for my small business.

Integration with Squarespace.

Blair from Caper, LLC

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great Experience

Mainly I have been impressed with the incredible customer service! They have been available to answer my questions promptly and with care.

Pros

Our company definitely has some unique challenges to overcome, and the team at MemberSpace has been extremely helpful in the problem-solving process!

Cons

MemberSpace did not have a product to fit our exact need as far as gift-giving options for our customers, but they were helpful in working with us to solve a work-around.

Kendra from DRAGONFLY SOCIETY OF THE AMERICAS, INC.

Industry: Museums and Institutions

GREAT Customer service

THey have helped me through the whole setup and it was a breeze. You can't ask for better customer service.

Pros

The customer service of MemberSpace is GREAT. They not only help you with Memberspace but also think outside the box to help you with SquareSpace. I would highly recommend using this company for your member website.

Cons

Some of the options are not obvious but as soon as you chat with someone they point you right where you need to go.

Ali from Bust A Move Dance Pty Ltd

Member space review

Amazing!!!

Pros

I've only been using Member space for about a month and the customer service is unbelievable. I've never had such quick and useful information via email from a provider in my life

Cons

Memberspace terms are sometimes unfamiliar to people who are not technologically advanced - eg. creating a coupon was kind of tricky if the option doesn't suit you, it's hard to know what to choose

Todd from Look Up Men

Industry: Mental Health Care

Absolutely brilliant on every level.

See above.

Pros

Not only is the tech easy to use and VERY intuitive, but the team at MemberSpace is what makes it all work. When I have a customer service issue or question the team responds so fast that I am spoiled. Then, if I miss the chat window time, they follow up in an email, sometimes several. I could not be more thrilled. They all have a sense of humor, kind approach and I never feel stupid for even the most rudimentary questions.!!!

Cons

Not a thing......amazing and perfect. I would have a tool to drive members, but that's cause I am needy....lol

Courtney from The Empowered Woman

Absolutely love this platform - has everything I need

Ease with implementing my membership program with my website.

Pros

The support team is so quick and thorough, and all of the customizability I need for my membership programs is available through this platform. It's simple, user friendly, and easy to figure out!

Cons

The only con is that I'd like an option to make different "drip" lengths for the same member page depending on the membership that utilizes it. For example, one membership I like to drip the pages one week at a time, but for another membership I'd like the pages to all be available at once.

Ann from Ann Perry Numerologist

Totally awesome from start to finish!!

Pros

I love how simple and user friendly this software is. Both myself and my website developer worked DAYS upon DAYS trying to implement GoPaywall on my site. They have no live support AND they don't answer emails. A week later and I'm still waiting. So glad to have discovered Memberspace. Should have been my first choice! So thrilled to have my first membership site up and running!! Thankyou Memberspace! You ROCK!!

Cons

None so far! I have no issues at all. Totally happy with the service. Super great to have live support.

Gigi from Cult Industries Ltd

First Timer

Pros

I appreciate the trial - as it is allowing me to test an idea before incurring all the costs. Further, so far everything is great! MamberSpace has enabled me to make my idea a reality - and build a fairly quick MVP.

Cons

I'm happy with everything so far. Looking forward to doing more customisations and integrations.

Jaime from Time Shots Photography

Industry: Photography

AWESOME HUMANS FOUND HERE

This company is the example by which ALL other online services need to be molded after. Im not joking when i say they are AWESOME HUMANS. I had so many calls and online chats that I actually felt bad because I thought I was surely bothering them to much. Every single call and every single online chat ends in a simple and clear answer. I am not a Tech savvy person, so the fact that they have not made me feel like I need to be has been so nice. I'm so happy with their support team and their software.

Pros

EVERYTHING. It so easy to use and the video tutorials are short and simple too.

Cons

It's too simple and clean to not like it.

Tim from Photographers Trail Notes

Industry: Online Media

MemberSpace is a valuable tool

The subscription interface is PARAMOUNT to successful subscription based resource website like mine.

Pros

The subscription interface works flawlessly with my Squarespace subscription based website. Extremely easy to work with to setup, delete and edit member plans. The ability to view, sort and download member information is simple and valuable.

Cons

The interface for customizing e-mails by to members is limited. I would hope to be able to customize (with my brand appearance - ie. images, logos, format) e-mails back to members.

Savannah from Live Swift

Great Customer Service/Easy to Operate

Great product with outstanding customer service and technical support

Pros

Set up with very easy although we made a few minor errors (on our part, as we didn't see the clear instructions) which were later pointed out to us in our very informative zoom meeting. The customer service has been outstanding.

Cons

The only suggestion I would make would be to make the instructions bolder.

Reasons for Choosing MemberSpace

offered all of the features we needed to run our online fitness business and integrates well with squarespace

Rusty from Mastering Men’s Health

Easy set up and go system

Everyone has been so kind. Very prompt responses. Sometimes I only have 30 min. At my desk. They answer and talk with you and go to work right away! Very grateful!

Pros

It’s very easy to use and set up with minimal explanation. It’s easy for a donut yourself kind of person.

Cons

Initially trying set up discounts or coupons were only avail for recurring payments.

Bryan from Mission Ignition Marketing

Efficient, Effective, Easy.

It allowed my to monetize my idea immediately.

Pros

It empowers me to serve my clients Efficiently & Effectively. Easy as: Hey here's my link, sign up there & we'll get started right away.

Cons

I didn't create it

Jessica from Salted Orange Design

Memberspace is a pretty great product but can be confusing.

This is being used for a membership site for clients to access member only content.

Pros

They have done a fantastic job of integrating features, functionality, and low cost into this great product. You can even upload and protect all of your content and downloadable items directly to Memberspace so that people cannot access it from the website. Really flexible and robust software that directly integrates with Squarespace as well as other software products.

Cons

The only con I have for this is that it could potentially be confusing for some users. It has a moderate learning curve and can seem hard to set up all of the settings. Code integration is required for some of the customizations as well.

Don from The Barone Group, LLC

Industry: Writing and Editing

Amazing customer service

I basically have no experience in putting a member website together, don't know how to code or program, but if you READ the instructions carefully they make it pretty easy, I managed, to the complete surprise of my wife, pull it off and figure it out. That alone is worth a great review

Pros

I can't believe how quick they get back to me, just wow

Cons

I don't know enough about software to answer this

Joseph from Overboard Ministries

Industry: Publishing

Perfect compliment to your Squarespace site

Pros

Software is super easy to install and comes with a ton of features that allow you to customize it to your site. The tutorials are helpful, and the customer service is OUTSTANDING!

Cons

Seriously, any little glitch we encountered, we were able to solve using the awesome customer support team.

Tess from Heart Driven Business Academy

Simplifies the entire process & gives me control

Pros

I love having control/ownership of my course content. The ability to host a course on my own site is fantastic.

Cons

It's a little hard to find where/how to customize some of the styles/wording, but it's all there if you spend a couple min looking. Just thrilled to have the ability!

I've had a really great experience with the MEMBERSPACE software.

Pros

I like the ease of the software the most. I also like customer service. They're very helpful and take suggestions on enhancements seriously.

Cons

I don't really have any cons besides the fact that I would love to be able to integrate an affiliate program with my membership site.

Kameron from Tagalog.io

Very Affordable

The software is intuitive, the directions to get started are easy to follow, staff is easy to reach and they seem to care about the customer. Thank you guys!!!

Pros

You have a free trial until you get your 5 subscriber!!!

Cons

I like the software currently. It is awesome!

Nick from FreshLease, LLC

Get MemberSpace - Your audience will thank you

Pros

Easy to use. Powerful. Automated. Everything modern software should be. (Psst... their customer support is excellent, too!)

Cons

To date, nothing. Any issues were user error and quickly remedied by the helpful support team.

Felipe from Bayer

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Absolutely the answer we were looking for.

Pros

We needed a comprehensive solution for our site on Squarespace to have members be able to log in and access membership materials. This platform is everything we needed and integrates with so many other tools!

Cons

So far, and I'm still in the free trial period, I haven't come across anything I don't love.

Bryton from Pursuit Ventures

Excellent Customer Service

Kind, quick, and helpful; the customer service has been some of the best that I've ever received from a business service.

Pros

Integrating the software is extremely easy and it's easy to customize.

Cons

The setup was a little bit forced. I wasn't ready to create memberships right off the bat since I'm in the early stages of creating this business and my website. I would've appreciated some flexibility with the setup process to start without creating member plans and adding more websites. This wasn't a big issue.

Bella from Public Relations & Communications

Wonderful customer service

The customer service is wonderful - so speedy and helpful!

Pros

Simplicity and the fast, hands-on help I get.

Cons

Nothing so far! Perhaps the ability to customise things a little more simply/obviously, but generally it's great.

Evan from Branding Freedom

Great option for SSO Needs in Squarespace

Memberspace is a good product. Pretty simple and easy to use. But their online support is FANTASTIC! Very fast and very helpful.

Pros

Allows us to easily create user accounts and share information on Squarespace with different levels of customers.

Cons

I would like to see some more options to brand the login/signup forms. You can tweak the colors, but there is no option to put our logo on the popups.

Bill from MyNetTrainer

We've switched our website membership platform to MemberSpace and have been very happy with it.

Pros

The software is very user friendly. MemberSpace customer service is second to none; responsive, efficient and available via chat or phone.

Cons

The coupon codes are a bit troublesome as currently devised. However, the team at MemberSpace was very professional in explaining the reason and told us that they've added it to their list of possible updates in the future.

Piers from Tiny PD, LLC

I'm always impressed with the speed and reliability of the memberspace support team.

Pros

I can set up a membership site in just a few minutes and it's free to try. The seamless integration with Squarespace is fantastically easy.

Cons

Needing routing and acct numbers to set up takes some time to find, but I completely understand why it's mecessary.

Ann from Ann Perry Numerologist

Memberspace review

My overall experience has been excellent.

Pros

I love the support! Amazingly helpful! They always have the answers I need and they deliver them in a simple to understand fashion.

Cons

Would love 24 hour access to support as often I'm working very late when they are closed.