All GrowthZone Reviews

Meighan A.

An AMS that Meets all your Needs

I have nothing but positive experiences with Growthzone from my interaction with sales, to onboarding and then continued support with the support team. They are very responsive and keep an open mind to user recommendations.

PROS

The program is very appealing to the eye. Its user interface is very user friendly. The modules available provide tools to make our association run efficient and effectively.

CONS

Nothing! I love it all. I can't think of any part of the software that I dislike.

Reasons for switching to GrowthZone

Not user friendly. Interface outdated. Too many steps when running a report.

Karen

Non-Profit Organization Management, 1 employee

Good Value, Easy to Use

Customer service is excellent! When I submit a question, I have never waited longer than an hour for a response.

PROS

When I started 3+ years ago, I was happy to be able to take online training to help me learn the features and benefits of using this software. I keep looking for new training to help me succeed!

CONS

Emails get flagged as spam when I send to members thru ChamberMaster. I am unable to export email to outlook so my members get my communications.

Reason for choosing GrowthZone

I have had meetings with the other companies and they are more expensive and I don't think I would get the value that I get from ChamberMaster/GrowthZone.

Jessica

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Disappointed

Extremely disappointing and frustrating.

PROS

I do like the dashboard feel, for keeping track of membership it has been better than what we were using before.

CONS

None of the features we thought were being sold actually work. From the sale, to implementation to actual use not of the features we were looking forward to using the most don't actually work or they are in "beta" testing. It feels like this is the old software solution that they have just coded on top of and made clunky instead of starting over from scratch to actually make an all in one software solution. At first we were really happy with it and then realized all of the issues and things that were not in fact actually usable features. Like discount codes, the way the blog integrates with the wordpress, not being able to get comments on our blog, no automatic email reminders for members who should be renewing, the list goes on.

Reason for choosing GrowthZone

We thought we were getting a better deal and it had the features we needed. But in fact, we were told it a bunch of bs and it can't do what we need it to.

Reasons for switching to GrowthZone

We needed something that was an all in one solution that wasn't that complicated. GrowthZone is not that platform either.

Hi Jessica, We apologize that our software did not satisfy your expectations. Our Customer Support Specialist will be giving you a call this week to discuss how we can make things right. We look forward to speaking with you and working toward earning back your trust.

Replied August 2019

Tracy

Great software Great adaptability

My overall experience has been overwhelmingly positive. If we weren't able to have the staff help create a viable platform to reach our customer base it would have been very difficult to get our foundation out in the publics' eye.

PROS

What i like most about GrowthZone software is the customization. Even though we are an outlier when it came to overall usability, the staff was able to help our Foundation create a webpage and have controls that made it easier to use and navigate as compared to our previous site.

CONS

What I don't like about GrowthZone software is the complexity of some of the controls. Some controls have too many sub-levels that you have to click on to do a simple task

Reason for choosing GrowthZone

It ties into the MemberZone used by our partner foundation and it was easier to implement and the learning curve was easier.

Reasons for switching to GrowthZone

More customization, worth the purchase price.

Jodi

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed August 2019

So many great features, user-friendly and great customer service!

GrowthZone has allowed us to automate our billing and then exports all financial data to Quick Books. Provides a very nice member area with a user forum. Also does a great job with set up and execution of our events.

PROS

That it provides all the tools we need on a daily basis and yet it is very user friendly.

CONS

Honestly, do not have a bad thing to say at this point.

Reason for choosing GrowthZone

The attention to customer support and training really was the clincher! A lot of AMS systems have similar functionality but getting help when it's needed is so crucial.

Reasons for switching to GrowthZone

Didn't offer the tools we needed to be effective and lack of support / training.

Nancy

Real Estate, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2021

Best platform for membership management

Overall, GrowthZone has been so good for my membership and myself. The ease of use is just the best and I am so happy that I switched.

PROS

The ease of use and there are so many places to find answers to any questions that come up.

CONS

The education platform has been a struggle as it is difficult to get a CE certificate to be available to the students. The integration from my old platform (RAMCO) and GrowthZone was not as smooth as it should have been. It was very difficult to communicate with my project manager via phone or email.

Reasons for switching to GrowthZone

The added benefits that the membership would experience when I made the switch.

Susan

GrowthZone Works

PROS

GrowthZone is so much better than the last management system we had to offer. We love it!

CONS

We wish the integration with Quickbooks was better. We have more duplication of work in our accounting department.

Reason for choosing GrowthZone

Recommendation from a friend in the real estate industry that used GrowthZone.

Nicole

Reviewed August 2023

The best investment of time, energy, and money we have made!

GrowthZone has been a huge learning curve, but a fascinating one. It has made things so much easier on the back end of all of our processes. I just said today that if I had the time I could dive in to GrowthZone and spend hours making our systems even better. There are so many options and abilities to streamline work with this system.

PROS

So many things! They are hard to name. See the previous page for specific comments.

CONS

We would like to see the events area improved some. The exhibitors section does not jive well with the sponsors. Our sponsors get free event tickets and the ability to exhibit as well. Also, the event emails show the sponsor logos looking jumbled and mismatched so we were not able to show our sponsors when using that function. (I used the email designer when we needed to show our sponsors.) The sponsor logos also look different on the event page vs. the registration page. We much prefer the format used on the registration page. Finally, it would be awesome to be able to create a landing page for an event. We tried to use the event page for that purpose, but it was hard because the description box is not like the website tool, it is very 'old school' to do graphics and text in. For our next conference we will build a web page to have it look more professional.

Reasons for switching to GrowthZone

We switched from a Word Press based system that our web developer had pieced together. What we had envisioned for that system to do, GrowthZone does. I wish we had migrated to GrowthZone earlier. I feel like we wasted two years struggling with something that barely met ours and our members needs unnecessarily.

Reviewed August 2018

GrowthZone

It has some versatility! It functions well and does what we need it to.

PROS

We use it as a CRM, we are not a chamber. The price point is great and it actually works well for this. I love that I can email directly from the program. It keeps track of my emails and lets me set reminders. The reporting is pretty good too.

CONS

It can take a while for the customer service to return and resolve emails. I can't call in either for help.

Thanks for your feedback and review. For the record we do have live support via phone or chat. Both of these channels would be faster than email. Our company is built around our heart for great service and keeping our customers happy. Thanks!

Replied September 2018

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed November 2018

Growth is excellent association management software!

We moved to GrowthZone from another Membership system, and could not have been happier. The migration of the front and back end info was seamless, the support is excellent - especially the chat functions. I am easily able to navigate and learn more about the backend without being a developer of any kind. It is easy for users and the front end is so nice for Members!

PROS

I liked the abundance of features that we are able to offer to the membership - from dynamic profiles, to group emailing, to social media feeds. Our Members gained a whole bunch when we moved to GrowthZone (formerly MemberZone)

CONS

I did not like that I could not fix Member's profile addresses myself. If they had a company name change, the old name showed up in the profile address unless fixed by their support. That should be something a back end user can fix easily.

aNN

Civic & Social Organization, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2021

The beginnings of a database

Don't know what we would do without the support. Overever we always are concerned about the monthly charges which our BOD always questions. We use support for questions that we need answered immediately to finish a setup, event or project and rarely take or have the time to really learn best practices for the next time or for newer employees to try.

PROS

Keeps membership records, member usage, tranfers to website, accounting of member participation. Tracking email correspondences. Software has been used for years - with various employees, we need the time and personnel and education to improve our database - remove old old event information and correct membership records.

CONS

Need a better way to use GrowthZone when at events. No longer use or trust the payment processing and still need to use other software. Website setup has little flexibility and is time consuming - not easy to use or change. Struggling to transfer accounting into Quickbooks 2021. Lots of issues which I am told are from Quickbooks. No helpful - have you ever tried to get an answer from QB? Life is too short! need CM to help and be able to know the accounting software better...

Reason for choosing GrowthZone

ChamberMaster - Growthzone was chosen at least 10 years ago... we keep trying to learn all that it does.

Ashlyn

Civic & Social Organization, 2-10 employees

GrowthZone Review

GrowthZone has amazing customer service, who is always willing to answer questions and provide training materials. It's not the most modern software, but it's a place to organize all your company's functions.

PROS

I like that GrowthZone is the hub for the majority of our organization's functions. Keeping everything in one place makes it easier to manage, organize, and train.

CONS

The design seems outdated. Especially when directing our clients to the ChamberMaster Member Center, I wish there was a sleeker, more modern look. We also have not integrated our billing systems and manually updating everything so that the software communicates with other programs is a pain.

Kevan

Great Features and overall functionality

Mostly pretty good. The conversion has settled down, and we are working through cleanup. We wish we had a basic manual from GrowthZone, not just a video how-to. A manual, perhaps in Word, where we can add in the details that are specific to us is vital. Without it, we are having to complete each part of a manual a little at a time.

PROS

The fully functioning connectivity for our members, record keeping for all members in one place, and the website's integration. Every day we discover a new feature we didn't know about that makes us happy. The most recent is the integration with ZOOM and events/classes.

CONS

The things that don't work for no apparent reason. We have clearly tied members to a firm, yet they don't show up in that firm's list. Programmers have had to fix some, but we never hear why it happens. Some of the accounting takes quite a bit to track down. The conversion process left a lot for us to do without clear direction. GrowthZone should take the lead all the way through instead of us getting basic instruction and then asking questions as we go.

Reason for choosing GrowthZone

After the GrowthZone demonstrations at the National Association of REALTORS and knowing the other products in the market, it made sense for us.

Reasons for switching to GrowthZone

For all the interactive features for our members and us.

Pam

Reviewed December 2022

The help team at GrowthZone are polite, helpful and responsive. Getting someone to respond through chat or email or phone is a challenge.Not having immediate help desk at all times can be challenging.

PROS

Automated options and team at GrowthZone

CONS

Not enough reporting options to match the functionsReporting options available are not accurate and don't pull consistent informationEngagement report does not include all the activities

Krisann

Reviewed July 2019

The Right Software for Our Needs

This software has been beneficial in tracking attendance, registration details, sponsors, and necessary comments for our events. The newest updates make our sponsor lists look awesome! As a membership database, it is easy to navigate and track member engagement.

PROS

This software is versatile, allowing us to use it in a variety of tasks including marketing, data collection, event registration, member communications, and website integration. We specifically like the data collection and event registration because we can keep registrations, sponsors, and comments together.

CONS

We find the reporting module to be overwhelming--almost too versatile. There are more ways to come up with a report than we wish to explore. It would be easier if simplified. There are a few small items, such as not being able to delete a block of old events. Currently, past member events stack up in our calendar and must be deleted individually.

Michelle

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Continually getting better

Overall we are very happy. Before using Chambermaster, we didn't have a database. We've saved SO MUCH time being able to automate invoices, schedule eblasts, and track member data.

PROS

Chambermaster is so specialized for our industry - the software is intuitive, and helps us be so much more efficient when working with our membership. They are always improving the software based on user feedback, which we love. We continue to have access to new features that make us more efficient and allow us to offer better benefits to our membership.

CONS

We have some data that we would like to track that is specific to our Chamber but haven't yet found a way to integrate that data into the reports that are offered.

Reason for choosing GrowthZone

We'd heard great reviews from other Chambers of Commerce and were impressed with their product as well as their continual growth mindset.

Carmen

Manistee Chamber Review

The overall experience has been great! I have not used any prior software so there is nothing to compare it to.

PROS

The product is relatively easy to use! Even if you do get stuck, they have a wonderful team that is available to assist you along the way.

CONS

There isn't much to not like about this software program. However, there are some glitches with the syncing where we have to manually sync things together with constant contact. When we have an event such as a golf outing, it's a bit clunky when we receive payment and it doesn't connect with the event as paid so we are having cross-reference both (member account and the event itself).

Reason for choosing GrowthZone

I did not choose. Manistee Chamber already had Growthzone when I came aboard in early 2021.

Lisa