All White Fuse Reviews

Arash

Internet, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2018

Great website solution for smaller organisations

White Fuse's software is a pleasure to use and they supported us through the process, and continue to provide ongoing support and new features, which mean we're continuously improving the website and the experience it provides to our service users and prospects. They have helped us to expand our reach and everyone who visits our site says tells us how great they think it looks!

PROS

The White Fuse platform is clean, intuitive and a pleasure to use. Everything is set up to just work, so you don't need a lot of technical expertise to get started. White Fuse guided us through the process, helping us figure out which pages/sections we needed on our site, who our different audiences are and what should be our CTAs for each. Because it is a managed solution, White Fuse takes care of the back end and ensures all security is up to date, which is a huge peace of mind for us, as we had previously suffered a massive data loss after our previous website's security was not properly maintained by the freelance developer who coded the site. Our Account Manager has been excellent and is always on-hand to help us with any annoying questions I might have. He also helped us a lot when we were getting the site set up and built a lot of the pages for us once we had discussed the information architecture together. He had plenty of great insights into how we could make the site better throughout the process. He also keeps us informed of new features on the roadmap, some of which we are very excited by.

CONS

Because the platform is designed for those who don't have a great amount of time/expertise in website design, the options for customisability are on the more limited side, meaning various White Fuse sites can look quite similar in terms of the layout/design. However, in the time we have been a customer, they have added a lot of new features and continue to do so, now that the platform is established.

Thanks for the glowing review Arash. It was a pleasure to work with you on the project. We appreciated the various points of feedback you gave and we were really pleased to be able to bring some new features to the platform that you could start using. We plan to keep adding customisation options without undermining the ease of use.

Dawn

Reviewed November 2020

Exactly what we were looking for...

We've got nothing but good things to say about our experience with White Fuse. From our first conversation through to the implementation the software we found the team to proactive, professional, friendly and honest. They're great at solving problems and even if they can't provide exactly what you need they can suggest workable alternatives. I also like that they are proactive in terms of requesting your feedback for areas of the software that could be enhanced or additional features that you may require.

PROS

It's so easy to use. We wanted automated renewals and payments and the White Fuse integration with GoCardless give us this. We also wanted Members to be able to login and view their membership details which they can now do. So far the biggest benefit has been the broadcast email capability. It's simple to set-up, easy to use and has saved us money!!!

CONS

When members log in with the wrong email address, they think they do not have membership and create a second membership account. It would be good if they were prompted to try a different email address.

Reason for choosing White Fuse

Cost UK Support Proactive engagement from the White Fuse Member data held within a UK Region

Thanks so much for your review Dawn. Reading this kind of feedback gives the team a warm glow inside and is exactly why we do what we do! Keep the feedback coming :-)

Replied November 2020

Jackie

Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2018

The good and the bad

Good customer service and support. Reliable and helpful.

PROS

Very affordable. Simple menu system. Calendar categories are great.

CONS

Calendar - would be great to see months in advance and archived Less flexibility with graphics throughout website. Colour distorts on banners - phasing to grey, it stops pictures popping.

Thanks for your review Jackie! It's great to hear that you think the platform is really good value. In relation to your specific criticism about banners having an automatic grey overlay to darken them we took your feedback on board and recently released an option to turn this off. I will drop you a personal message with instructions on how to do this. And if you have any other feedback please keep it coming!

Hannibal

The Gaia Foundation

Our experience with Whitefuse has been excellent. We chose to go with Whitefuse in order to achieve two key goals- to ensure that our CRM systems are GDPR compliant, and to unify our grant and contact management, events organising and mailing/newsletter processes. We have achieved both of these goals with Whitefuse's support and are very happy with how the platform works so far. Whitefuse's support throughout the set up and on boarding process has been consistently excellent.

PROS

The process of setting up the software was straightforward and intuitive- qualities the platform itself also possesses. Whitefuse is easy to use and helps centralise contacts, newsletter and event functions we were previously using multiple platforms for. Whitefuse's FAQs and support articles, as well as their staff, offer excellent support.

CONS

We would like to see a little more design functionality in the broadcasts Whitefuse enables customers to send. These are by no means bad, but more flexibility for branding and making newsletters distinctive would be useful.

Reasons for switching to White Fuse

Our previous, US-based CRM system did not make the switch to GDPR-compliant working practices.

Grace

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed June 2018

White Fuse is excellent in every way. Simple to use, fantastic features and impossible to get wrong.

I needed to rebuild Liberty Tea Rooms' website. Finding White Fuse was an absolute God-send. White Fuse saved me so much time. Something that usually takes me 1-2 weeks took 3-4 days. White Fuse makes it possible for multiple users to keep the website up to date. Even better I can rest assured that other users, while being able to make the changes they want to, won't be able to break the website. I really love White Fuse, and as I build my own company working for small charities I'll be recommending White Fuse as it's a brilliant piece of software that really opens doors for small charities. I think it is truly fantastic!

PROS

White Fuse is brilliantly designed & is really user focused. I love that it has the needs of a small charity at its heart. I've used a number of different website building tools and even though I have years of design and computer experience, building a website is always a challenge. White Fuse takes all of the complications away and gives you the tools you need to build the perfect website. The website you get at the end really is perfect, it meets all the criteria for how to build a website. I particularly love that it forces you to use consistent branding. It means I know for certain that the website will always fit the charity's brand. White Fuse makes Liberty Tea Rooms & Community Hub's website look & feel like a big charity's. Integrated giving & built-in ticket management are website tools it would be near impossible to get: not just at such a good price, but also so simple to use. Since finding White Fuse I've been impressed every step of the way. The team are always at the end of an email or call answering my queries straight away. It's like having your own personal developers. White Fuse is noticeably different because it's a social enterprise. LTR uses another piece of software built by a small company - White Fuse is being developed & improved much faster and with a greater focus on the users. Thank you, White Fuse, for making it possible for LTR to have a fantastic, intuitive, "big charity website that's a win for everyone at a fraction of the cost.

CONS

I think a downside is having to wait for developments! But honestly, White Fuse is so good at taking on feedback and updating the software. Specifically, integration with MailChimp would be fantastic. Users being able to set up their own fundraising pages with target donation amounts would be amazing. Being able to track what the money has been donated towards is key for us. Especially at the beginning of building a charity we ran a number of campaigns to be able to purchase specific elements so it would be good to be able to track the giving in this way.

Thanks for such a great review Grace. We have tried hard to make the platform well designed and easy to use so it's encouraging to get such positive feedback. It's also good to know that you appreciate all the integrated fundraising functionality. Get in touch if you have any ideas for new features we can add in the future!

Emma

Reviewed April 2019

New website has made a huge difference to our charity

White Fuse has given us great support throughout the process. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team have been on hand to answer many questions, often simple ones as we had no previous experience of creating a new website. They offered suggestions and advice on how to make best use of each area. Apart from a few expected teething problems, the process has been much easier than expected and we're really pleased with the new website for The Welcome Centre.

PROS

The website is easy to navigate, simple to use and keeps things looking fresh. The integrated payments made a huge difference to our charity and gave us a significant increase in donations following the launch. Layouts are simple to use and keeps a consistent format. Liked the different layout styles such as stories, news etc and how the priority items appear on the home page.

CONS

Getting the right images/banners to work across all platforms took forever, even when using all the guidance. Wasn't perfect when we went to launch still. The ease of splitting a page, adding columns to make things even etc was a challenge as we had not coding expertise. Previous websites have allows a simple "insert column" option that enables the page to be split any way you want it. Some of the layouts we wanted to duplicate for another part of the website but this wasn't an option. Needed bit more flexibility for some of the functions.

Thanks Emma. So pleased to hear about the impact that the integrated payments system had on your donations. We've noted your feedback about images and columns. We've actually just rolled our some improvements to the ways banner images are displayed and we'd love to add some more friendly column management in the future so will keep you up to date.

Replied May 2019

Natalie

Research, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2021

UKTMN Website build

The support team have been an invaluable help to me. I have little experience in building a site, and they helped me at every turn and have always been patient and clear with their advice and support. They have clearly put a lot of work into always updating and improving the system, which makes my life so much easier!

PROS

The software is self-explanatory. Compared to the previous software I used to manage our site, functions are straight-forward and easy to follow. I like editing the website with a view of the 'front-end'. I used to have to make changes on a back-end system then manually check what the front-end looked like, but this system is much more straight-forward.

CONS

There are a few functions we would like to have which aren't currently delivered by the Whitefuse software, but the support team have been open to taking on board suggestions and have helped me find a work-around in some areas.

Reason for choosing White Fuse

The personable approach from the whitefuse team and help in having a look around a sample site really helped make our decision. After using our previous provider in America, it was important for us to find a provider based in the UK who were more approachable for support.

Reasons for switching to White Fuse

our provider were expensive and we had a very clunky system to use. our site was outdated and the support they had in place was entirely unhelpful.

Research, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2020

Excellent customer support and really easy to use

The Housing Studies Association is a learned society of housing researchers and has been growing in recent years. Our previous website and membership system became unfit for purpose due to this growth. We needed a company that would design a website which was simple to use, gave us as much control as possible in updating content, enabled membership sign-up and easy monitoring of membership data, to have a news/blogs feature and to facilitate event bookings. In addition, customer support and particularly quick responses to questions and requests was important to us. White Fuse ticks all of these boxes and is also much cheaper compared to other web companies. We could not recommend them highly enough.

PROS

The software is really intuitive to use - navigating the backend of the website, the membership sign-up process, keeping track of members' data and posting about news and events are all really straightforward. The support team are always incredibly helpful, keen to get feedback and respond very quickly (usually within a few hours) to questions. Customer support was really important for us when shopping around. White Fuse have been a dream to work with and are great value for money, I would highly recommend them.

CONS

At the moment if you post a news item or, in our case, a blog, there isn't a quick way to also send it out via broadcasts (emails to members). You need to post the item on the website and then construct a new broadcast (email) separately. However, White Fuse have a great system of taking on board customer feedback about desired features and they are always adding new features so this may become possible in the future. Overall, this aspect of the software is a minor inconvenience in the bigger context of it being suitable for our purposes as a learned society.

Reasons for switching to White Fuse

We have made proactive efforts to grow our learned society in recent years and the previous website and membership system became unfit for this purpose.

Emily

Reviewed August 2018

Easy to use and professional websites, and a great company to work with

White Fuse are friendly, responsive and professional. Their products and support services are high quality and we value their ethos and commitment to shared learning and the organisations they work with. They regularly offer suggestions about how we could improve our website to meet our objectives and it's great that they're providing cost-effective and easy-to-use services for the charity sector.

PROS

As a non tech person, I've found White Fuse websites really intuitive and easy to use. If I don't know how to do something, it's easy to find the answer I need on their help pages or by contacting them for support, and it's not complicated to add or change content. Working for a small charity with a limited budget, I appreciate the way we can have a professional and clear website with minimal effort on our part, and we've been pleased by the way it's enabled people to engage with us and support our work through donations and volunteering.

CONS

Sometimes there are things we'd like to do with our website that are a bit more bespoke to our needs. White Fuse are always responsive to the developments that their users would like to see and are always looking to innovate and improve things for everyone using their websites.

Thanks for taking the time to review the White Fuse platform Emily! It's great to hear that the platform works well for Refugee Support Network. We always want to hear about your bespoke needs so feel free to get in touch with any ideas about new features that might be useful.

Joshua

Individual & Family Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2018

White Fuse Review

As the Marketing Officer, I joined the process with White Fuse media halfway through, so I cannot comment on the initial stages of the process. However, since joining my company, I have worked with White Fuse to get the website up and running as quickly as possible and have found representative and his team to be helpful and efficient in doing so. The team was quick to get back to me when I had any issues and were informative in terms of what content we should provide them with. The only negative I would raise was the fact that I was mostly diverted to one of their documents on their website when I had an issue rather than them walking me through it themselves. Although this still enabled me to finish the task, it meant the process was drawn out further for me, rather than them.

PROS

The software is mostly intuitive, and it's basic deign makes it easy to navigate.

CONS

It is fairly limited in its function, although we do not have the need to add any 'bells and whistles' so at this time it is not an issue.

Thanks for your review Joshua. It's good to hear you found the software mostly intuitive and easy to navigate. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with ideas if you find that, as your needs develop, there is anything that would enhance the website but isn't currently possible. While we are keen to maintain the ease of use, we are always adding functionality so this kind of feedback is very helpful. We'll also take on board your feedback that a bit more hands on support, rather than just help documents, would have saved you some time.

Victoria

Reviewed August 2022

Review of White Fuse

It's been a friendly journey with questions answered promptly and help readily available.

PROS

The software is easy to navigate and is sufficiently malleable for our means. We often craft articles and stories about our members and this is simply achieved whilst looking smart and stylish on the site. We can easily add new pages and expand upon our Resources etc Sections. Likewise, events are easily managed on our website and the payment aspect is simple. We moved to White Fuse upon becoming a membership organisation. We chose White Fuse as they offered the most comprehensive and integrated package. We are not disappointed. The membership scheme is running smoothly, it's easy and trauma-free to join our organisation, whilst the attendant donation and membership reports are readily available. Thank you, White Fuse!

CONS

It sometimes feels limited aesthetically. We would like to integrate a more colourful vivid look to the site but are restricted to a single colour. Similarly the images have restrictions imposed upon their format and landscape is the only option. We would also like to be able to manipulate our reports more easily.

Phil

Architecture & Planning, 2-10 employees

Whitefuse for WCCA

as mentioned above, Whitefuse has brought the Livery Company into the 21st century, and finally consigned the quill pen to the bin. Members have embraced the new technology and are joining events with alacrity and ease. I joined the Company last year and was asked to move us to this sort of system and the business benefits have been profound, and streamlined the whole organisation.

PROS

This software has simplified the communications path between the Administrative team and the members of a disparate company (membership organisation) based around the world. We have run large events for over 200 people, and are now getting into the organisation of on-line meetings through this. We have streamlined the information flow and reduced costs of sending out hard copies as everyone can access the information from one sigle version of the truth which is up to date and applicable. When we find a feature that we would like, they have been very reactive to adding it, if possible, or demonstrating ways to work through the perceived problem!

CONS

the financial package is aimed at a slightly different market and we have had to work around the processes to make them applicable to our organisation. We have fed back on how guests are poorly handled in the system and they are reacting to that with new features.

Roger

White Fuse Website Builder

The template seems as though it has been especially designed for charities. It's well structured. has a logical feel when adding pages and content. The support team respond quickly and adequately to queries. They give a lot of helpful tips and guidance as well as best-practice tips for novice web builders and new charities. I've not come across any website builder that provides such an amazing bespoke service before.

PROS

The top four things (out of many) I like about using this software are: 1) It is easy to use - especially for a non-tech minded user, 2) You just put your content or photos in without needing any technical knowledge or experience. 3) The builder template design structure provides a sleek, modern, professional look to our website. 4) It has an integrated basic database management system - which is unique and useful.

CONS

White Fuse from the outset made it clear they didn't support some (bells and whistles) functionalities. Occasionally it has been challenging placing photos or content exactly where I'd like to. However I know platforms that provide more functionality cost around seven to ten times as much and in any case those functionalities are not really needed for a small charity like ours

Reasons for switching to White Fuse

Because it was nearly ten times less expensive - yet providing all the basic functionality we needed.

Alex

Reviewed September 2018

Simple to use but effective and professional website - would recommend White Fuse

White Fuse have been extremely helpful and a pleasure to work with. The website is high quality, cost-effective and really intuitive to use.

PROS

As a small charity with limited resources, it has been great to have a website that is professional and very straight-forward to use. White Fuse provide all the tools you need to easily add and edit content and you can also have multiple users who can update the website. If there is anything I can't do, they are always there to offer support and guidance over the phone or by email.

CONS

It can be limiting if there are bespoke features you would like for your website, however White Fuse are always open to feedback from users and developing new updates.

Thanks for your review Alex! It's great to hear you find the platform easy to use and value our support. We hear you that the platform occasionally feels limiting. Please don't hesitate to get in touch when that happens so that we can consider your needs as we roll out new features.

Tim

Reviewed February 2020

A new website and a big step forward

Our overall experience with White Fuse has been really positive. We have really enjoyed working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team, and they have made moving websites and maintaining our new site as easy and painless as possible, and have helped us with developing our offering along the way too.

PROS

We have found this software very easy to use - adding content is simple and straightforward, the design is clean and professional. We have been able to build a website that has represented a big step forward for our organisation compared to our previous website which was extremely dated and not fit for purpose.

CONS

We have very few complaints. It is a shame that we can't schedule content posts in advance at the moment.

Reviewed August 2022

Great product for the price

White Fuse is a great product, with a fantastic team behind it. They listen to our suggestions and implement changes regularly. There's always support on hand when we have questions and they regularly check in to make sure the product is working how we want it to.

PROS

Having event management, membership management, and email management all in one place is great as all our data can be kept in one central place

CONS

the email management part is great for sending quick emails to event attendees or the membership, however, when sending mailshots we have to export lists to another program. the export means we have to manually filter spreadsheets to get the info that we need to be able to send mailshots to specific lists.

Reasons for switching to White Fuse

We were using a Microsoft based customer management system that was very expensive and didn't have the functionality that we needed.

Lorna

Performing Arts, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Small charity using for membership system

PROS

The support team are very friendly and have a great response rate.Membership dashboard is so simple and easy to use.Integration with gocardless and stripe works so well - once it was set up (which Whitefuse support helped me to do) it has operated without any input needed.It has decreased our admin time significantly.

CONS

The website functionality is simple (which is a positive in creating elements) but sometimes more integrating eg putting a link within a form would be useful.Limited options for layout - would be great to have a bit more flexibility with the aesthetic sideThe reporting features although useful and can be manipulated once downloaded I would like to be able to filter more through WF - eg by month.

Reason for choosing White Fuse

White Fuse was an easy to follow and understand system which aligned with our budget. The key features we were looking for with a membership system were there with the added bonus of a website to facilitate.

Thanks for the review Lorna, and for the feedback - much appreciated!

Replied May 2023