CentralReach Software Reviews

FrontRunners 2022

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"I like that once you are tracking client's goals it is easy to go in and track progress."
  • icon"I really love all the features about this software. I love that I can get information from past, present and input future events."
  • icon"Very user friendly and easy to navigate through the different clients and appointments."
  • icon"The last negative is that we're invested now. It would be overwhelming to even think about switching to another data company even if we wanted to."
  • icon"It can be a little confusing at times with all the different windows to open."
  • icon"I do not like how the claims line look it gets very confusing and can get very frustrating."

Have you used CentralReach and would like to share your experience with others?

All CentralReach Reviews

Excellent, allows my practice management in mental health, and physical therapy and speech.

The benefits are multiple, CentralReach is the leading provider of records management software and electronic health practices for clinics focused on the analysis of applied behavior (ABA) and CentralReach, the leading provider of electronic health record and practice management software for clinics focused on applied behavior analysis (ABA) and speech therapy.

Pros

I like most is that this cloud-based system complies with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Likewise, it is very favorable that CentralReach includes applications for billing, programming, image file systems, human resources and more. Its functionalities include a database of medicines, ICD-10 coding tools and reference letters. Also that the native application of CetralReach is available for iOS and Android platforms.

Cons

I like least is that some more professionals spend more time on administrative work than working with clients. I consider it a company in the process of maturation.

All encompassing program

I am a CR fan. I've appreciated the many details in the program along with the accessibility to their internal experts to offer help when needed. They are patient and responsive and ease the frustration of the learning curve to get this up and running. It's a quality product and has been very reliable.

Pros

CR knows ABA and that is evident in how the data collection works. It sorts, collects, reports, and stores all the important information all in one place. It is comprehensive and as detailed as you want it to be with the ability to select any level of permissions for each employee. It graphs beautifully and offers labels and other ways to customize every module. Our schedule is seen in CR, our payroll runs from the timesheets, the billing module fills out the form with the ability to upgrade to electronic billing from their site. Links are created for intake of clients and employees. There is a small business team who has been very responsive and happy to help as we grew into this program. They are also evolving and making it easier to learn as they offer more help classes, webinars and online resources.

Cons

The main negative is the price. As our company has grown so has our monthly bill limiting the amount of upgrades we can afford to use. Inquiries about cost and price of these upgrades have also been hard to come by as the sales team isn't as responsive as the customer service team. One thing I would request to change is to allow a pro-ration cost of the monthly use. I have to cut off providers who are leaving on a certain day and may miss out on a week of services because I'm being charged for an entire month subscription only being used for a day or two. (I also would not recommend the company who handles collection of the monthly fees. Their website is not user friendly and primitive) The last negative is that we're invested now. It would be overwhelming to even think about switching to another data company even if we wanted to. I'm happy I don't want to, but feel we're at the point of no return and know the price will just continue to climb as we add providers into the system.

Reasons for choosing CentralReach

We did price other data collection services (but I don't remember specific names). I kept coming back to CR because of their history (founders and time in the industry). They felt solid, tried and true. No one has the time to test out a new company or to switch over if something isn't right.

Perle

Do not use for ABA data collection purposes

The technical difficulties combined with the very complicated user experience make this a platform I discourage ABA providers from using.

Pros

The calendar views, authorization management and utilization are great to use.

Cons

The process to setting up data collection for ABA providers requires a huge amount of response effort compared to other platforms like Catalyst. The procedures are so disjointed between the overall data book, the goals, importing curriculums, I work twice as hard to include relevant info. In order to be compatible with their reporting system, you have to place information at goal levels that should be at target level or enter it twice if you wish to access it logically for data analysis. The graph view does not allow for trends across anything but an entire time period (does not adjust per month or 3 month period for example), if you switch data to per week or month, goal and phase change lines disappear. You cannot view an average of data. The reports generated looked very unprofessional and you cannot alter graphs to different views unless you manually delete them and re-import. The list goes on. The CONSTANT tech issues lead to problems with session timers, saving data, trouble with rates that took months to resolve, and often a complete inability to access any necessary parts of the platform during business hours. At least 1 time per week there are issues, sometimes more. Our clients and staff pay the price for this.

Catalyst

Josiah

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Features and Functions

It is great to be able to connect and view other employee schedules, as well as client information that is pertinent to my job requirements. I love being able to schedule and adjust appointments for clients as well as being able to update programs and target goals for a client so that my team can know what we need to work on and focus on while they are with a client.

Pros

There are a lot of available features to Central Reach, some of which I have tried using and they are for the most part straightforward and easy to figure out. Within my company, we seem to use a smaller subset of the available features that Central Reach offers, though these are the bulk of what we need and utilize within the ABA services of the company, such as the sessions, data collection, program books, and graphs of the data collected during sessions.

Cons

There seem to be a number of functions that aren't accessible to everyone, which is fine as I may not need to utilize it for my own job. I would like to have the opportunity to play around with some of the functions for instance in the reporting tab to see some of the charts and graphs in there and to see how they could relate to my own job areas. I do realize though that this would be something my company may need to provide access to.

Abigail

The ideal solution for ABA providers

I’m constantly impressed with Central Reach’s comprehensiveness, incredible customer services, and constant development. We’ve been using them since they first arrived on the ABA business management scene and it’s been incredible to watch the thoughtfulness in which they’ve grown and developed into a system that can handle HR, Scheduling, Billing, Data Collection, Client management, File Management, and Analytics, and have ambitious plans to also tackle needs with curriculum and more. They really are the one stop shop for the core business needs of an ABA practice.

Pros

I love that Central Reach has an emphasis on ABA providers and is constantly updating and developing to find technology solutions to a whole wide range of challenges as they arise in our industry.

Cons

The product is extremely comprehensive, and with that comes complexities. We learn something new about it every week, and we’ve been using it for years.

Reasons for choosing CentralReach

Far more comprehensive platform.

Reasons for switching to CentralReach

Wanted a more comprehensive platform to make remote clinics possible.

Total Lack of Sales Integrity

I very much regret this purchase and am even considering making a switch AGAIN despite the high switching costs. I had a good customer success lead but she couldn't do anything to help the fact that we had a sales rep who over promised and could not deliver.

Pros

Clean interface, customized forms. Pricing is okay.

Cons

I finally have to review this because I am so frustrated with this software! So much was promised during the sales process and once we were well into implementation, one by one these things were denied. Additionally, as soon as you "go live" you are directed to use the support ticket function for any questions or issues, and they direct everything to an Ideas Portal which is not maintained.

Reasons for choosing CentralReach

False promises made during the sales process.

Reasons for switching to CentralReach

Practice Fusion is no longer supported by Allscripts and it is a risk to keep using the service.

Ashley

Central Reach Review

I am in the Human Resources department and use CR for onboarding employees and maintaining employee files. I also help connect employees and clients within the company and help assign service codes. It works well for everything I need to complete for my tasks.

Pros

It is very easy to use and great for ABA companies. We used it at my last employer and we use it at my current employer. I am still learning new functions within Central Reach. Maintaining employee documents is easy due to the document management report.

Cons

I wish there was an easier way to delete documents that are uploaded by accident and locked. Being HR, it can create issues when documents are locked and need to be renamed.

Reasons for choosing CentralReach

This was implemented before I was hired with Delta. I am so glad because I already knew how to navigate CR from my previous employer.

Sara

CR Review

Our cash flow seems to have improved since we have been using Central Reach. Staff seems to be happy that they don't have to sign into multiple platforms.

Pros

I like how most processes that we need are all in one place.

Cons

Reports should be a built in cost and not extra for the advanced reports. When we first looked at the advanced report option for a week we thought they were not as powerful or useful as they should be. The scheduling could really use some improvement. I believe this is being worked on however. If it is, I would be happy to help in beta testing. Not allowing a group appointment for things like Company Wide meetings. Currently you have to go into each staffs calendar and ad them separately. It would be nice to have some basic options such as turning off "generics" from showing in drop down lists of people. Reoccurring tasks and being able to sign a task to multiple people at one time. Accommodate for various travel time and mileage reimbursement scenarios regarding scheduling.

Reasons for switching to CentralReach

We wanted to consolidate multiple platforms and use a software that is specific to our industry.

Alissa

Industry: Mental Health Care

Central reach for an ABA company

I love being able to have my schedule and sessions notes in one place. Our company is able to calculate hours worked through this site.

Pros

Have all staff and client schedules through computer. Session notes can be done through this software and sent to insurance companies. There are a lot of tutorials for this software.

Cons

They conduct a lot of maintenance and updates. Sometimes the site is down or not able to be accessed. When things are updated and changed, it takes a while for everyone to learn and get used to. Very confusing at first, but now that I am used to it, I love it.

Sage

Gets Job Done but Could be More User Friendly

I use Central Reach every day as an RBT to gather data on my clients and help them reach their behavioral goals. I like the data-gathering interface because it allows me to quickly put in data so I can stay in the moment with my kiddo.

Pros

I like that is has everything I need for work all on one platform. I can see my notes, schedule, gather data, etc all on Central Reach. I like the data taking platform and its ease of use (I wish I could rearrange items on my end though). I also use the app for its offline data collection feature which is quite handy.

Cons

I do not like how many hoops I have to jump through to get to the feature I want. For example, finding my total authorized billable hours for the month is a several step process my company actually had to make a tutorial for us to be able to do it. I would also enjoy a "read all" feature for clinical notes/better way to organize them. The calendar could be improved as well, I like seeing the whole month but the size of appointments makes it unreadable.

Anna

Industry: Individual & Family Services

For CR

I have had a great overall experience with CentralReach. We are moving toward all data collection within CentralReach and I am excited to have one platform for all of our needs in the future.

Pros

I love the ease of tracking information while maintaining confidentiality. I can see a live view of the schedule that lists tasks that are completed and tasks that need to be completed.

Cons

I don't like that it is somewhat difficult to find certain documents once uploaded. Recent documents are easy to find, however documents that were uploaded months ago can be difficult to track down.

Reasons for choosing CentralReach

CentralReach allows the best of both alternative products. Everything we need within one platform instead of using multiple.

I switched companies

Brandi

Great Software

CR has been great. I love to use it. I use it daily and have no problems or difficulties with it.

Pros

Software makes scheduling my work hours easily and converting my appointments are easy to do. Software is extremely user friendly for me who struggles with technology at times.

Cons

I personally like the software and do not have any dislikes.

Highly functional practice management software

Great company putting their best effort into creating a super powerful software. Wonderful people, and software has all the functionality for most firms, just not for larger platform firms like us. But we're pretty nuanced. ;)

Pros

customization flexibility e-billing

Cons

no AR or "close", RedShift to all fields

Reasons for choosing CentralReach

ability to customize labels and metadata fields, etc. Plus e-billing and e-receipt functions, reduced dual entry into QuickBooks for all invoices/claims.

Reasons for switching to CentralReach

I wasn't the decision maker on that change

Matthew

Central Reach User

Pros

Central Reach is unique in that data collection, entry, analysis, and program development are seamless in it’s interface.

Cons

Central Reach has plenty of benefits, but it’s main drawback is that it goes “down” very frequently, oftentimes during pertinent situations.

Julie Ann

Time Sheet

Great

Pros

Cons

That after the week is done, I cannot input time sheet

Laura

Central Reach

Good, once able to figure out the systems. Great for data in central location.

Pros

Graphing of data. Notes and forms. Sessions

Cons

Glitches. Inability to pull large amounts of bulk data from files. Complicated to learn.

Debbie