Browse InSync Healthcare Solutions Reviews

Athi from Kingwood Psychiatry

Insync EMR

Pros

It is very customizable and user friendly

Cons

It may be little intimidating at first with lot of icon based navigation

Price and ease of use

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

Valant is outdated. They were still 5 years behind and not updating. Do not listen to the customer feedback. Patient portal in Valant is horrible.

Neko from Authentic Roots Therapy

Wonderful

Our experience once started was great! Our staff, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was extremely helpful! Easy Pay has been rough.

Pros

Once you learn it, it is amazing!Portal, billing, support and integrated telelhealth.

Cons

Expensive, the price is a bit high, however we were able to stop paying a biller which offsets it well. Easy pay has not been easy or helpful.

Needed the feautres

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

Needed features the other product didnt offer.

Cathy from Behavioral Healthcare Consulta

December 2021

Personnel was extremely helpful and tried to find solutions

Pros

The layout of the clinical note and treatment plan.

Cons

Having difficulty getting the information needed in a summarized version for financial purposes. Reports can be very lengthy when listing all patients.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

Willing to customize and for the customer support

For EMR purposes.

Immanuel from North American Mental Health Services

Well Designed EMR Solution

Great experience overall (except for sales process) After the sales process all of people we worked with were professional and helpful. Jenn really helped us to mold the software to our specific needs and workflows, really a great experience.

Pros

InSync is a well thought out and designed EMR product. The interface is intuitive and designed to streamline workflows. The things used daily are easily customized per user to make each persons workflow even easier. The implementation and support teams are excellent, really able to help you and guide you through the product with any questions you may have.

Cons

Software is sometimes slow to respond. The sales process could have been better, more clear on our expenses.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

InSync offered the most comprehensive solution for our behavioral health practice.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

We needed a much more robust EHR with an ease of consistent charting across all clinicians, reporting capabilities, the ability to easily track patient progress, and the ability to have more secure roles and permissions. InSync has provided us with a great solution.

Erin from Nua Counseling, PLLC

Pros

How HIPPA compliant the program is, and the client portal is robust.

Cons

Can be clunky at times, doesn't integrate into things like outlook well. Not very intuitive.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

Liked the functionality, ability to come and out of the various products

KASA did not have the ability to bill both UB04 and 1500

Michelle from Outpatient Clinic

This application has the potential to be great with a massive overhaul

Overall, I believe this application has the potential to be really good though it needs a rather substantial overhaul to be fully brought into the 21st century. For an application that hasn’t been around a decade, some of the features are quite dated and there is zero transparency on suggestions for application modifications and seemingly zero quality control. I firmly believe that many of this platforms limitations is the result of skill (or lack thereof) of the developers as many much older EMRs have the basic functions that InSynch lacks.

Pros

You can add your own forms and documents. (Although said custom document seem to exist pretty much as stand alone documents. There is no way to inject otherwise populate data already within InSynch into said forms thereby requiring lots of manual typing of duplicative data).

Cons

This application has NO test environment. This means when you Go Live and as you continually onboard new staff, you will be playing around in your live system. This matters because there is no way to delete anything in this platform, not even as an administrator. The application is exceptionally slow. There is no global autosave feature which means that there is a huge possibility of loosing data. Pages take a long time loading. The calendar needs a massive overhaul as it is very dated and rather limited. Providers cannot individually set their availability. Availability is limited to the agency hours and no appointments can be set outside of this without resorting to all sort of antics. Client documents must be added one at a time. Actually, very little can be completed in this application in bulk, which is very frustrating and time consuming. Moreover, you cannot download a clients entire chart at once. Each document must be downloaded one at at time which is unnecessarily laborious.

Asia from Business Management Solutions

Excellent software!

This is one of the better softwares we’ve used for medical billing and I recommend it!

Pros

We use InSync everyday for our medical billing needs. It has all the features we need to effectively bill medical claims. We really find the built in claim scrubbers helpful and important.

Cons

There are no features that my team or I dislike about InSync.

Brenda from The Cole Center

inSync won us over

I still believe that we made the right choice in switching to this product. There have been some wonky adjustments and features that I miss with our old system but overall, this is 1000% better:)

Pros

I love that there is so much care and attention put into implementation and training!

Cons

-I wish this system came with the ability to live-chat (instant message) with the rest of the staff. -I also miss not being able to email unlimited statements for free to clients. -I have not found a quick/simple way to resend a telehealth link (by receptionist) to a client if they can't find their previously sent link.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

Cost and ability to have a separate contract for our billing add-on (RCM)

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

We needed more/better features.

Nancy from Boston Medical Center

December 2021

Great Product...staff is amazing and so helpful!

Currently using a paper system, so this will expedite services decrease opportunity for errors and make work flow easier for Nurses and Prescribers

Pros

Easy to use, excellent customer service. Addresses all the needs we have right now and room for more services as needed

Cons

We were not able to make some short cuts that would have helped the flow, so a bit more of a learning curve for some staff

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

Product had all the capabilities we needed, able to customize, easy to use, each step was easy to use. The staff I worked with were so helpful, professional and very available

TonyaRae from Grace Therapy PC

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] is Great

The set up process with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been great. He explains things in a way that I understand and has adapted things to my style of learning. He answers questions in a timely manner and is always respectful of me and my time.

Pros

The system is user friendly, and I was able to set templates for ease of use in the note taking process. Treatment Plans are very user friendly this has saved me ALOT of time

Cons

I don't think there is anything I have found that I dislike yet

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

Started my own business and recommended by my billing company

Elyse from Thrive Counseling Services

Extremely adaptable with extensive training

Extremely knowledgeable with extensive training

Pros

The adaptability and my training that was given to me by my implementation specialist. I loved how he customized everything for how our workflow, on a daily basis will run. I love how you can customize everything.

Cons

There was nothing about this software so far that I was dissatisfied with.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

we outgrew the program. we needed more features for our growth

Jennifer from Eagle Consulting LLC

Loving it.

It has all been great. I loved the customization process and getting to be a part planning how we use the system instead of having to bend or redo every internal process in order to fit the system.

Pros

The integrated clearinghouse info is so helpful. The ability to resubmit claims through InSync is a huge plus. I love that I can work rejected claims within InSync. Prior to this, I was having to wait until I got EOBs to see any rejections or inactive insurance issues. Now, I can catch those issues much faster (sometimes the same day) and fix the issues.

Cons

My least favorite thing is the inability to see visits in patient demographics - financials unless a claim is done. If I have a claim back-log, the front office can't pull the financial details for a client. We were used to a view/edit charges type arrangement that showed visits regardless of whether or not the claim had been processed (which wasn't always a good thing). It's more of an adjustment to how we do things than a criticism of the software.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

InSync had all the features we'd been seeking and had stellar reviews. We had the opportunity to speak with a reference company that had switched from Valant to InSync. Their reference was great - "best move we've ever made."

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

Valant was not great. It had somethings that were good, but when they switched from PPS to IO...it went downhill fast. We had issues or outages almost daily. The "upgrades" they were doing were mentioned and then it would take forever to do them. It was like once you were in Valant, you were stuck with the way they worked. Enhancements don't get made often. They need a better team that listens to clients and the needed features.

Kierra from Northern Psychiatric Associates

Review of Insync

With all of the above being said, I think [SENSITIVE CONTENT] did a great job! There were some hiccups along the way but he helped us walk through them. It is always hard going from one platform to another- you are so used to doing things the old way that you think that is the way the work flow should be. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] did a great job of showing us what we are capable of doing in Insync. He would ask "why do you want to do it that way" and the answer 90% of the time was because that was what we were used to. He would then show us how Insync gets to that same end result and why it was done that way. He went to bat for us with support to try and get a few things added/changed- a big one for us was the scheduler. In the old system we had a view where we could see all the facilities schedules on one schedule, we very much miss that view. We know that it may or may not be implemented but he was still willing to do the work to try. I always had lots of questions and he was always willing to answer them and if he didn't have the answer he was willing to spend the time to find the answer. He was a great asset to our implementation.

Pros

(I used all three sections below to describe our overall experience with Insync) I would say that we are too new to the experience with Insync to really comment on if/how it has helped the business/ practice. I would like to comment on our implementation experience. It is my impression that no one really knew what was going on at the start, I do not blame this on any one person. It sounds like the type of training that we decided to do (Insync University with 10 hours of training with a specialist) was a new tier. Doing the training via the University came with its own challenges as it is hard to find space in a full practice for clinicians/ support staff to get training done. It would have been very nice to have an itinerary laid out. (We were given the itinerary for the large market at first and while that looked overwhelming it was nice to see the time frames and what was expected) For instance, week one workbook completed, week two- trainings 1-6 complete (setup reminder configuration), week three trainings 7-12 completed (ECPS done for the providers)..etc.

Cons

There was a lot that needed to be done but I always felt like we were missing something or we were rushed to get stuff done because we didn't actually know it needed to be completed. When it came to training with a certified Insync trainer, we did one 5 hour block where we closed the clinic so everyone could attend the training. We walked away from that with lots of questions, unsatisfied. It may have been untraditional for a clinic to want to do all their clinical training in one setting but that is what worked best for us as a clinic. The trainer went through the initial setup of the EHR 4 different times, totaling probably 4 hours of that training. Each group that we had go (front desk, med providers, therapists) were walked through the basics/ set up of the EHR. We feel as though it would have been more efficient to have the trainer do the basics once and then break it down further with each individual group. Again, I don't blame this on one person, I think there was confusion based on the training package we bought. I hope our experience can help shape a better implementation process for future practices!

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

Valant was user friendly but they did were not going to get 2015 EHR certified which means that we couldn't do reporting. They kept giving us empty promises.

Sumeeta from Rapid Response Billing Corp.

The best customer service around

The best part about InSync is the customer service. I’ve been utilizing this software for over 5 years and while the product could be more efficient, the assistance from your support staff is unparalleled. I’ve been working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] for a little over three months and he has been wonderful. I signed a new client and he helped me get the account set up excising patience and acting as a guiding voice. I never once was worried about anything because I know [SENSITIVE CONTENT] would be able to answer any questions I had. He handled my MANY inquiries with grace and patience. His due diligence made this process painless.

Pros

The product is very easy to use and simple to understand but what keeps me coming back and signing new clients on is the impeccable customer service.

Cons

Eligibility through practice insight and some other reporting features could be improved. Insurance eligibility especially is currently very tedious to verify. The reporting features can be improved as well. For manual entry of claims a tab over field for ICD-10 would be helpful. Clicking to Proceed is a waste of time. That’s the feature that makes me want to consider a different software. I’ve asked customer service many times if anything can be done but they said nothing can be changed about that.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

Loyalty and the fact that insync was willing to work with me with regards to pricing.

Jessica from Agape Christian Counseling Services

Industry: Mental Health Care

I only wish I knew about this software sooner!

We had several people on our implementation team, all of whom were great to work with! Each person was responsible for making a different portion of our implementation run smoothly — they sent someone to our office to observe for a few days and understand our needs and desires for our practice, then spent the next few weeks building it out and meeting with me to make sure we were happy with it. Another person was solely responsible for migrating our data from our old system. Another spent a week at our site teaching our whole staff how to use the new system. We had weekly zoom call scheduled before and after our ‘Go Live’ date to make sure we have all the support we need. Then we have an on call support staff for any ongoing needs or questions following that. They really want to make sure we are taken care of… Everyone we have dealt with at InSync has been super nice. Our implementation specialist, [SENSITIVE CONTENT], and our trainers [SENSITIVE CONTENT], were personable, professional, organized and knowledgeable! Implementing a new system can be stressful, but the three of them made everyone feel relaxed and we had a great time with them!

Pros

The product looks a little overwhelming at first, but the team at InSync held our hands, every step of the way and we are picking it up quickly. Even some of our self-proclaimed ‘tech-dumb’ staff members are loving it. We love that it is all inclusive and we were able to streamline so many of our procedures. We no longer outsource our insurance claims processing, we spend way less time on data entry related tasks, progress notes are much quicker and more accurate, the clients are having a much easier time with the billing statements and their client portals. The ‘To Do’s’ feature allowed us to eliminate the use of an additional (and expensive) help desk software system for managing tickets and tasks. InSync seemed a little pricey up front, but when we looked at how it eliminates the need for other costly services and helps us keep track and not lose money from missed / rejected claims, etc… it is definitely paying off!

Cons

We only ran into a couple of snags along the way, but when we did, there was a team of people to fix them — usually within a couple of hours or a couple days. They’ve also taken down ideas from us for future features to potentially add to the system.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

InSync had a lot more options as far as customizing the software to fit our needs and keeping all our practice procedures in one place. We were tired of having a different platform and login for every task that we needed to complete. The sales staff and other team members were also really pleasant to work with!

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

We were outgrowing therapy partner. The software was glitchy and the customer service had declined. They had told us about several improvements and a ‘system rebuild’ that was in the works but it had been three years with no updates. When we reached out to let them know of our unhappiness, they told us there never were any promises of updates or new features. We couldn’t continue to utilize them without getting those glitches fixed, as our practice was growing! So we started looking elsewhere and found inSync. Ironically, shortly after we had the conversation where they told me there were no plans for new features, they rolled out the very feature we’d been begging for, and had been promised all along. But it was too late because it still left us with a glitchy system and poor customer service, and we were already moving on.

Layla from Cedar Ridge Behavioral Health Solutions

Industry: Mental Health Care

Insync helped us say Bye bye bye to outdated systems.

The helpfulness of the staff that we worked with during implementation has been absolutely amazing. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] will forever be my favorite Insync employee. She was kind, polite, prompt and professional. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] were also extremely helpful.

Pros

Previously, we had used 3 other EHR's, each with their own set of issues. However, the last one really took the cake. We were promised timely access to support, the ability to customize many things and ease of use. We stuck it out for 2 years, but when the EHR started deleting notes, not saving information, changing dates and times, we had no choice but to switch. So far, Insync has delivered everything promised and more. What took me 2-3 hours and several applications in previous EHR's, takes one report and maybe 20 minutes in Insync. This literally saves me hours of work. I have yet to have a question that cannot be answered.

Cons

The only thing I did not care for was the amount of ways to do one thing. So, it's not even a real complaint. But when teaching staff how to do things, it can be confusing to show them how to start an encounter from the facesheet, and the scheduler and the dashboard etc. It is nice that there are so many ways to complete a task but it is also a bit of a pain.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

After doing a lot of shopping around, discussions with other customers and complete need to change, we chose Insync mostly based on the reviews of other company's.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

We were promised timely access to support, the ability to customize many things and ease of use. We stuck it out for 2 years, but when the EHR started deleting notes, not saving information, changing dates and times, we had no choice but to switch. We dealt with Azzly customer service telling us we were the issue when their system wasn't working. They would not reply when the entire system went down and we were literally at a stand still and could not document. There were times where we could not access the system or charts, times where our notes would be deleted. Azzly would say it is a "display" issue, but then when getting a report they ran... the notes were still missing. The entire system was trash.

Jennifer from Innovative Counseling Partners, LLC

Mixed Batch

Overall it has often felt like smoke and mirrors on many occasions. We greatly appreciate the support of our Account Manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and really loved [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]; however, the sales team really sold us on all the support that we will obtain and then after changing Account Managers after starting and having to ask really pointed questions we only over the last two months are crystal clear on what InSync/RCM will and won't do and we specifically told the sales team that we did not have any billing team or any front office staff to support us and we were told not a problem "we do it all from nuts to bolts." As a result of this misled information we are now paying for additional support staff that we previously did not have because it is clear that InSync/RCM does not "do it all." The amount of changes mid-stream that we have had (i.e., our software wasn't set up for onboarding, the person who trained us left the day of our training, you switched our Account Manager after 2 months of onboarding us, we lost our auth specialist, we were never fully trained on all the reporting available, and we weren't fully trained on the Issues log) happen has been very disconcerting. It makes us wonder if the business model at InSync/RCM is truly focused on supporting the businesses they are set to support or they are focused on only their business model. This all has left us wondering if we made the right choice.

Pros

The basic use of the product in providing and generating progress notes and an assessment are easy to use; however, the actual nuts and bolts of what can be done and all the workflow specifics of what support can provide the user was not a known reality to our group. We really like that for those bills that are straight forward and clean that we are seeing a return pretty quickly. We love the fact that the software can be versatile and provide us data points as long as you know how to select all the specific fields to generate the report.

Cons

We find obtaining data reports quite difficult because there are so many specific items that must be set up in the individual reports it is hard to use in that way. Given that our set up was botched and then our training was limited thereafter it led to us finding 8 months later that we were not closing loops on our claims which has led to a great deal of financial loss. I think the biggest concern is that the sales team really misspoke when they said that we were all fine and that the billing team will do it all for us. That resonates in my mind almost weekly as we continue to slough through billing issues that were made in the beginning. Equally, that the person who was to do our set up and have us ready did not have our system set up which greatly delayed our onboarding and vastly changed our system and created a lack of trust from the onset. Outside of that the fact that our Account Managers changed before we were fully onboarded caused us to struggle with the Issues Log down the road as well. Presently our additional issue is that we have not been able to easily identify where our total issues log items reside to follow up with a "click of a button" like the sales team said would happen. Another concern is that in trying to set up a customizable report by meeting with our support team three times has led to more concern that those that write the custom reports do not understand what the user wants regardless of how we explain it.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

We liked that we could customize the system and keep our documents within the system. We liked that there were customizable reports. We thought payroll would be simpler. We liked that we would have weekly billing meetings. We liked that some billing factors in the system looked easy. We loved that you assisted with authorizations and EAPs.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

They did not communicate regularly and their billing team often behaved independent of us. Additionally their reports while easy to use for management were not accurate or dependable. Finally, as they changed their business model to be more focused on their business they made us feel less important which finally lost our business.

wendy from Integrative Health Consultants

Integrative Health Consultants

I was happy for the most part that we were still able to manage in the middle of a pandemic and execute everything as best as we could. That being said, I was very disappointed with the fact that we were not able to have a smooth transition with the medical record data migration. The entire implementation team knew we were coming from "Therapy Notes" product. Yet you had no "work around" for a smoother migration. Once the patient data was moved, it seemed as though we were left to figure out a process. But in all honesty, if I had to build a spreadsheet and download data, and upload file to spreadsheet, why bother? I may as well just upload it directly into the new system myself. To send it to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at Insync would have basically added to the process. I find it hard to believe that we are your only clients that have had such an issue. We aren't the only ones that have worked with Therapy notes prior to InSync. So the fact that your team doesn't have additional support or a better way to go about the process other than building a spreadsheet, surprises me. Although I am considered a super user, I am still not very confident in what I am doing. I am however willing to follow prompts and troubleshoot as necessary.

Pros

I loved that most everything is customizable per the user. Anything that we needed as an organization could also be accommodated or was something we were told we could see in the future.

Cons

From my perspective (not very tech savvy) I was confident I could learn how to use the system pretty easily. However, It's quite a maze trying to learn where to go to get started when you need to configure something diferently. It's like we need to assume what we are supposed to search for in the search bar. It seems some things save or revert to a default status or populated for me. When we upload documents to the doc manager, the clinician is auto populated from the prior time it was used. It has also done this in other places within the system. It should clear once we save the doc. etc.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

InSync had the Self Check in process, capable from a kiosk.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

Therapy Notes was quite primitive of its capability. We were looking for a system that would be able to cross from billing, to check in, to check out, and also contain clinical side.

Claire from Olivier Group Wellness Center

Insync - efficiencies on EHR and RCM sides

Overall Insync Healthcare Solutions is a comprehensive integration of clinical and business in one user-friendly customizable product.

Pros

We have been using Insync for a year now and overall have been very pleased. On the EHR side, the customization of the platform, particularly the Encouter Notes has been the best feature. Being able to tailor it to our patient population with integration of review of systems, quick check-boxes and so many scales has streamlined our documentation and improved efficiency. On the RCM side, having a designated team has been invaluable! Our Accountant Managers have been very knowledgable and creative, out-of-the-box investigators and our revenue stream has steadily increased over the past year. Additionally, the Customer Support Team has also been incredibly accessible and so helpful in problem-solving issues that arise.

Cons

The reports are plentiful, but almost too many options. It has been somewhat challenging to find the right reports to measure productivity. The RCM team continues to take our feedback and are regularly updating and improving reports.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

Web-based updates were slow-coming with Valant and the RCM contracting partner, Zirmed/Waystar/Navicure was not easy to work with and was bought and sold several times.

Linda from Linda M Guhe, MSW

Happy Customer

I only first went live beginning February 2021, with the encouragement of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]., my Implementation Specialist. I admit, in the beginning I felt overwhelmed because I am the sole provider I had to learn all aspects of the software. However, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] encouraged me to hang in there and promised the support would be there when I needed. I'm very happy I hung in...Insync is going to make my professional life so much easier.

Pros

Insync allows me to bring all facets of my business under one umbrella: program management, submitting claims, client/patient statements, clearinghouse, credit card processing, patient portal with customized forms for progress notes and initial assessment, along with HIPAA and consent for treatment, and telehealth with Zoom that is very reliable. With the portal, patients can make their credit card payments online and send/receive emails that are all HIPAA compliant.

Cons

Setting up insurance companies was a bit of a challenge; however, that is because I forgot to change my address on Medicare website which caused a glitch in processing claims.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

I actually signed on with AdvancedMD which proved to be too robust for a sole provider, for me anyway. There are way too many functions to learn and process. I ended up terminating after about 4 months. It would be great for a larger business. Insync Healthcare is more reasonable financially than AdvancedMD and Icanotes with all other added aspects of my business as well.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

Specifically, aspects of my business were spread out. Program management and electronic billing are included with Icanotes. However, every other aspect of my business was outside Icanotes software: clearing house, the telehealth, credit card processing, initial assessment had to emailed to patient in paper form to be completed and returned to me via email, fax, or snail mail. Patients had to go to my website to make credit card payments. All aspects of my business were too scattered to function smoothly. With Insync, everything for my business in all under one umbrella.

Dennis from Behavioral Health Services, Madera County

Excellent product - Awsome Support Staff

Once we met with the InSync management we knew this was the company for us. They are "can do" people. They had a solution for every challenge we have. As a large behavioral health service provider we have staff located in many places so we needed a software product that had strong management functions. InSync has it.

Pros

First and foremost the ease of use. The product is very intuitive and easy for staff to learn and operate. Second, the support staff are awesome. They helped us at every step. Very knowledgeable, approachable and always there for us. Also, the cost savings. While we didn't realize how much we were going to save at the beginning. We now know we will save $3M over the next 10 years. And we will be able to repurpose a couple of staff as less support is required with this product.

Cons

Gees, not much here. We are so satisfied. I guess the fact we did not implement it sooner.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

The product was more usable. More flexible. More learnable. More in everyway. And the staff are all awesome!!

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

Our old system - was just too old. While, we are savings a tremendous amount of money we choose InSync because we need a more modern system. Something that could change with the times, something flexible and able to integrate our State required reporting into the software.

Sondra from Carbon County Counseling Center

Carbon County Counseling Center

I have to say that all of my interactions with InSync and the various staff that I dealt with were very pleasant to work with and very helpful. Our Implementation Specialist and Trainer,[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], was awesome to work with. He was always willing to help in any way and was patient when we needed clarification on something more than once. He was really helpful in helping brainstorm different things that might be helpful to our agency, since I wasn't getting much feedback from my staff. He was very knowledgeable about the system. If there was something that he couldn't do or wasn't sure about, he was quick to get right on addressing the issue/question/concern. This helped us to continue to move forward in the process. He also did a really great job about following up with us and helping us work out some kinks that came up after we went live.

Pros

I liked that this software was fairly easy to navigate. It is also easy to make modification and changes to various aspects of the system, so that it can grow with us and be molded to fit our needs as our needs change. I also like the fact that it is internet based, so that we aren't limited to access and staff can get caught up on their work or can work from home if the need arises, particularly with the COVID-19 pandemic. I also like the fact that the system seems to capture more information and helps provide a clearer picture of what our clients needs and progress are. I also like how easy it is to create forms to add to our system, so that we can transition to a completely paperless system. I also love the fact that you have videos to show how to do certain tasks in the system. It made my life a lot easier when it came to learning the system and training the staff. It is also nice to go back and get a refresher if it is something that we don't do every day.

Cons

We did have some difficulty with integrating the software into our agency, but I don't really think that had anything to do with the software. I think that it was more of a reluctance of some staff to learn a new system and being kind of set in their ways. I also think that we could have customized things so much more if I would have received feedback from my clinical staff. I have since learned of so many other options that we had available to us, as we have merged with a different agency (High Country Behavioral Health) and I have seen how differently they are set up. Like I said though, I don't think this had anything to do with the software, more the individuals that were going to be using it and that I needed feedback from. Some of the videos were a little outdate, because updates had been made. Some individuals had some difficulty with that. I still really like that you guys had that option.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

I wasn't really involved in the process of selecting this software. I do know that about a year prior to switching to InSync that we were going to go with another EHR program, but their funding was terminated and it was no longer an option.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

ClinicalAid was starting to become a bit cumbersome and wasn't capturing everything that we needed or wanted it to capture. The system is a bit on the outdated side and worked for us for a lot of years. Several other agencies in the State of Wyoming also went with this system. We thought it would make things easier to share information across agencies as well.

Kelly from High Country Behavioral Health

Outstanding Development and Implementation

The different stages I have been in with InSync has far exceeded my expectations. The team I have worked with from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] everyone has been not just patient and kind, but knowledgeable and helpful. The customer service alone would keep me with InSync, but the actual product is easy for all of our different types of workers from the more technologically hesitant to those who are more fluent in different EHRs. I was hesitant to change EHRs because I know how extensive the transition can be but I have to say it has gone much much better than I would have ever thought!

Pros

I have had to change systems before just a few years ago and the development and implementation team we worked with for InSync was beyond phenomenal. Not just knowledgeable but really eager to make the system work for us instead of just getting it implemented. We had some big changes for our organization in the middle of it and the InSync team came to us with not just a ton of positivity but with solutions and suggestions to our concerns. Phenomenal team.

Cons

I am currently at a point where I am finding very little that I dislike about the program. There is always the minor hiccup here and there finding things we thought we created right but needing to adjust and that really just comes with any system.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

Pricing obviously is always key for a smaller non-profit organization. The ease of the system, it is intuitive and is an every flowing system, not waiting for more builds to be stacked on top of each other to work. The hope for faster response times on problems with the system and also the ability to use the system easily on any browser, the client portal and the overall team we were dealing with.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

We needed an EHR with a better flow in day to day use, less builds upon builds, and faster resolutions to issues. We were combining two states for the first time and the options we had in InSync would far exceed what we had in MyEvolv.

Lindsay from Psychology and Counseling Center of Cartersville, PC

Psychology and Counseling Center - Insync Review: Billing and Scheduling

While the beginning parts were rocky, overall, our office is very happy with the program. We have seen an improvement in workflow as well as in revenue.

Pros

The product makes workflow easy and provides accurate information for the user quickly and clearly. There are a lot of little things that Insync's product provides that make it easier to function. Billing: Having a large billing team is wonderful. The billing team is able to get claims out quickly and properly. Communication: The communication between IT, service, and billing department and the client is outstanding. It enables our office to troubleshoot small and large issues in a timely manner and creates a more smooth and profitable outcome for our business and providers.

Cons

The initial learning curve with the product was extremely difficult. We had great assistance from the onboarding team; however, due to all of the 'bells and whistles" it made it quite difficult to learn. Eligibility: Our office pays for Eligibility which is great because it shows us real time if the patient's insurance is active. Unfortunately, benefits for mental health are not shown on this portal. It would be wonderful if our office and other mental health offices had access to this information as it would save hours of time for the office as we still have to verify benefits for new patients who come in and existing patients who have insurance changes.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

It provided the services that our office required to run effectively and efficiently. Customer service was and still is great.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

The product was outdated and difficult to use.

Davey from Mind and Motion

Industry: Mental Health Care

Customizable software for practices that operate differently from the rest!

Our overall experience with InSync was great! There were much fewer "disconnects" between what the sales team promised and what was actually delivered than we expected. Their company is highly organized and the process from sales to use was very transparent. In the areas where the software fell short, their team was able to provide a workaround for our practice in the short-term while their development team was notified to make long-term adjustments. The implementation process happened in the midst of the COVID-19 outbreak. Which for us meant moving our on-site implementation to virtual. With that being said, InSync was still able to provide a good implementation for our practice all through Zoom calls - which further speaks to how well trained and adaptable their staff is.

Pros

- EHR module for mental/behavioral health services is very comprehensive and comes with the ability to automatically integrate patient responses on forms and normed tools right into your notes. - All of the reports are very comprehensive and export to excel with filters already built-in. You can get information as granularly as you need. - Generally, most aspects of the software are highly customizable. - Support and Implementation teams are highly accessible and responsive. - The development team seems to make rapid improvements and feature requests.

Cons

- In addition to behavioral health, our practice also offers Speech, Occupational, and Physical Therapy services. Many of our patients are receiving services from multiple disciplines. Where this software excels on the behavioral health part of the EHR, it falls short for our other services. It does not have built-in templates/graphs for evaluations of the Allied Health disciplines and InSync does not have clinical professionals on their staff that really understand the clinical work-flow for those services which can make setup and implementation a challenge. We've also found that clinical goals can get shared across providers of different disciplines which can cause the note-taking process to be more cumbersome than necessary. - As this software is customizable you must "purchase" licenses for use. If you are a practice that has a fluctuating number of physicians, the process to get licenses for providers is over-kill. - With a high-level of customization comes many menus and places where changes can be made or things can be found (or lost). For many people, getting around the software is not as intuitive as others we've seen.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

InSync provided better or similar solutions for our group than all other products for the same or not much more cost. Cheaper software solutions did not provide us with the tools needed for our practice to be successful.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

NueMD was acquired by AdvancedMD and was no longer being supported. While AdvancedMD offered to move us to their software, we found that it was not a good fit for our organization.

Kimberly from Forte Family Practice

Very Impressive System

So far, we are only not even a month into the system and have been able to not buy 10 cases of paper a week. Yep, were were paper charts, Doctor never did EMR. She loves it. Billing is getting a handle on the mountains of EOB's and the Meaningful Use reporting required by ACO's and Medicare, have eased several persons jobs where they have been able to take a vacation.

Pros

Wow! When a chosen group of 4 personnel decided to switch systems, I was in the forefront of finding exactly the right system for our practice. We had outgrown our old system. I chose 5 companies, InSync was the 4th to be viewed. The sounds coming from the office after viewing the system, told it all. We found OUR system. Since all systems with them are not alike, that made it all that more special. Everything was thought of in designing this program from the colors being all happy and when our logo was already on the system, all I could say was "SOLD". Integration was very good, I had transferred systems 4 times before and I was nervous because this was the largest I every had to oversee. They made it seamless. I was the only one to learn the system, per the owner of the company, so as to not have way too many minds explaining what they all needed. I had a good idea of how this company runs and was to design it accordingly. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], my Implementation and Training Specialist, was unbelieveable. She had so much patience and never minded going over and over things until I understood. When I felt we were ready, we presented it to Doctor. There were tears in her eyes as she was so happy with HER system. Built completely with her in mind and the other 85 other staff members. This systems has and will continue to allow us to take this company to new heights. We added a new office already. Thank you, INSYNC!

Cons

I least like that it is fun. You actually want to keep working, or playing, as we call it. Hard to shut it off. One showing of the system by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and you are sold. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] will call you just to chat.... All fun people. The in house people were amazing. I just realized, there is no CONS....

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

1st obvious is the price. 2nd was the ease of use. 3rd was the fun of using it.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

Slow system, I would never use it for Billing. Doctor would not chart with it, too slow.

Nick from Turning Point LLC

InSync EMR Review

Our overall experience with this Insync so far has been really good. We really appreciate the support that has been given to us. I have a few overall concerns though: -Things felt rushed. I felt like even though we had deadlines, we needed more time with implementation. the rep did not contribute to this. Just in general though, I felt rushed to decide on the contract originally, I felt rushed on picking a "go live date", and I felt rushed getting all the information prepared for the go live date (even when it was looking like we might not make it, the option of pushing it back a little was not on the table). -The support team does the best the can to help us solve our problems and we love that. There is a language barrier though that makes understanding the material challenging. Including the Insync University tutorial videos.

Pros

The part of Insync that we like so far the most, is the patient portal and how simple the system is for patients to use. We also really like that we do not have to bill secondary claims out on paper by using Insync. This is way more efficient than what we were doing in the past. We also really like the central scheduler. It is way more friendly. The global schedule is simple, sleek, and clear.

Cons

This is a hard question for me to answer at this time because we have only been live for 3 months. So far what we like least is the billing section of the practice management portion. We haven't used the automated claim generator yet, and honestly we are nervous about it just because the migration from the old system to this was so messy that we are afraid if we do not go through everything by hand for a while, we will miss critical details that will effect claims going out "automatically." Another thing that we really like, but also dislike is how deep this software goes. There is almost too much that can be done in Insync. It is such a big system that we feel that it is going to take us at least a year to really have a good grasp on what Insync is capable of. Lastly, we really aren't a big fan of the way that the assessment is set up currently. We are moving things around and adjusting to see if we can disable parts we don't use, or add parts that speed up our process, but right now it is no simpler than the last EHR we used.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

Poor customer service, to many clicks to get to certain places in the EHR, no patient portal, and Welligent constantly crashed and the system would be down minutes, all the way to days sometimes, costing us a ton of money.

Rebecca from Willowstone Family Services

Industry: Mental Health Care

This system has caused too many grey hairs and too much stress . . .

The set up process for this system was very stressful – we were promised outcome reports and the ability to do accrual accounting reports that were not developed until months after we went live with the system. Most of their support staff are from India and are difficult to understand, and the amount of staff hours it took to customize the system was outrageously high. Overall, it is a relatively easy system to use although there are times when things take three key strokes when it seems like it should only take one.

Pros

Our initial support and training staff were exceptionally responsive to our needs and excellent at what they do. Most of the people who work for the company seem to really care about the product and care about whether we are happy with the system or not. Even the owner of the company went to bat for us several times when we were not getting features we had been promised in a timely fashion. Generally, the system is extremely customizable to our practice and we were able to set it up for our specific needs. Now that the system is up and running, our staff, clinical as well as billing/scheduling, seem to be really happy with it.

Cons

As I mentioned, during the initial setup and customization of the system, our initial trainers and sales people were all awesome to work with. Now that we have gone live and are using the system, we are dealing with the technical support staff. While they generally respond in a timely manner, all of the ones I have dealt with are from India and are either extremely difficult to understand or else don’t seem to fully understand what we are trying to say. This can be extremely frustrating at times. We were told the program was very customizable – which is true. The problem is we didn’t realize that their setup team had so many customizations and updates to make for other clients that it took almost 8 months from the time we signed the initial contract to get our needs addressed. This wasn’t helped by the fact that they kept giving us dates we could expect the next software roll-out and then those dates kept getting postponed. One major problem was that we had been told before we bought the system that it could do accrual accounting. Then we discovered it wasn’t set up to do accrual accounting at all. From April 1st, when we went live, to the end of June, we were unable to generate any financial data. This was a big problem for us. In addition, we were unable to generate specific outcome reports we had been promised (and that we needed for quarterly reports for some of our funding sources). This has been worked out now but was very stressful at the time. One of the things that appealed to us about this system in the beginning was the great reviews it got for its technical support and the responsiveness by which they responded to problems. While they are generally responsive, they haven’t consistently been so. One staff person told us the company was growing so fast that they were unable to respond to the increase in technical support needs. Maybe this is something that has been ironed out by now but it was certainly a problem early on.

Sylvia from Theodore J. Caliendo, MD, A Medical Corporation

October 2015

INSYNC made it all possible! THANK YOU InSync!

Pros

I love that InSync understood from the start that all practices (even within their own specialty) have very specific requirements and needs. Insync personalized the software to accommodate the needs of our practice and also tailored the EMR's work flow to mirror our current work flow pattern. This allowed for a much smoother transition. InSync was our practice's second attempt to transition to an EMR system. Our previous vendor's software was very restrictive and offered very little in the way of personalizing it to meet our needs. It wasn't user friendly and their technical support wasn't very supportive or helpful. Being user friendly is extremely important. Even if an EMR is tailored to your needs, if you can't figure your way through it in a quick, easy manner, you will end up frustrated and unhappy with your EMR choice. InSync's EMR is VERY USER FRIENDLY and is set up in a SENSIBLE MANNER that doesn't get you lost or confused. InSync made our transition from paper to EMR pretty darn easy for such a big, sometimes scary, undertaking. I can't say enough about how much support they offered both technical and personal (needed some emotional hand holding at times!). They went out of their way to make sure we successfully transitioned and they continue to be there for any ongoing support we may need.

Cons

The only thing that I could say here was that I wish I could have extended the 3 day onsite training to 30 days! Uh, but that would be unreasonable I know :-) But in reality, InSync, although not physically present in my office anymore, has always been available to answer my questions, guide me when needed and to help troubleshoot solutions. By "troubleshoot solutions" I don't want to imply there are any "issues" with the software. I haven't found any "issues" as of yet. I happen to have very high expectations of what I was looking to capture from an EMR, and how I could use it to help our practice meet AND score high on ALL clinical measures across the board for P4P, HEDIS and Meaningful Use. So by "troubleshoot" I just meant we worked to make sure this could be achieved. I am happy with the outcome.

Jeffrey from Paris Family Physicians

Very very good EMR

I am able to now say to the government that I have an EMR that is certified for MIPS and the other current government requirements, which will allow me to avoid penalties in the future.

Pros

It is cloud based so I don't have to go in after hours to do constant "updates" like I used to on my old EMR. THe presentation of the screens appear professional and the notes are laid out in a professional appearing fashion. I like the lab interface as well and the patient portal is very nice.

Cons

The templates are not as robust as what I am used to. THey only allow you to save pre-clicks in the physical exam templates and I really miss it in the Review of Systems. The medication/allergy modules are a third party and don't interface seemlessly with the software. For instance, if a pharmacy sends me a request for a refill on Joe Smith, I can't just click on Joe SMith's name and be brought to the refill screen automatically. I have to log out of the pharmacy screen, search for the patient's name in the EMR, navigate back to the medicine module, search for the medicine that they requested and THEN finally refill it. This is very inefficient. If the pharmacy is requesting medicine XYZ for Joe Smith, we should be able to be brought to the refill of XYZ on Joe Smith with literally one click and no typing of names. I think they are working on fixing this so I am hopeful it will improve soon.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

eMDs constantly crashed, was getting slower and slower because of the constant add-ons they have patched together to "satisfy" MIPS and other government requirements. They couldn't get my patient portal working and stable, which is one of the main requirements with MIPS. They are very expensive. The version I had was server based (instead of cloud based) and I would have to go back into the office after hours constantly to do the "upgrades" and the upgrades were getting more and more time consuming (not to mention frightening, since if they crashed my server or had some sort of fatal error when I was uploading them at 11PM on a Sunday night, I had nobody to call to help me fix it (yes, it happened more than once).

Jessica from SquareOne

A business that prioritizes integrity.

I had the opportunity to speak with a very personable sales representative who's motive was to inform not to say anything and everything necessary to close the sale. The software itself has all of the functionality needed, and ultimately is the platform that I have been desperately searching for! After I decided to move forward with this product, I then was setup with an implementation specialist who held my hand every step of the way through the setup phase. If something needed to be updated or changed, I would receive an e-mail saying the task was completed before I even had the chance to request assistance. Finding a business that prioritizes integrity while striving to provide the best product is unfortunately very rare. Every step of the way, when I expected to hear "I'm sorry, we can't do that." (even if it would be understandable to hear), I received a "No problem, I'll get that going for you". As a small business owner my to-do list is a never ending whirlwind, and the problem solving and support I received through this process is hands down the best I have ever experienced.

Pros

Overall functionality options, workflows personable and customizable by position not just at a company level, logical admin settings and oversight options, focus on specific operational procedures.

Cons

Haven't found anything yet, but I will circle back around to this when I do.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

Because we are a co-occurring facility, it has been a challenge to find a platform that offers everything that we need. InSync provides a wide range of options, and provided the customization needed to make the integration of treatment services seamless.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

Missing required functionality, poor customer service and support, multiple breaches of contract, and overall a horrible experience.

Jacqueline from South Texas Psychological Associates

RCM Services

Pros

This software has definitely improved our workflow processes and has exceeded our expectations regarding the easiness and accuracy of implementation from our previous reports. The product itself is user-friendly but what is most valuable to us is the constant overview and assistance provided by our account manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. We are extremely satisfied with her and her team’s support.

Cons

There are constant changes being made to the software program, which can create a learning curve at times, but we understand and are confident these ongoing changes are only implemented to better the products and we all benefit from these changes.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

We chose InSync not only because of its competitive price and licensing benefits but also because of all the products it offers on both ends with RCM and EHR.

Celeste from Encompass Care Inc

InSync Software

Pros

The initial set-up of the software is complex however the implementation team guides time and tasks very efficiently. Once the procedures and processes are solidified the day to day tasks are transferred to Insync RCM and the RCM Department. Our RCM Account Manager works diligently to bill and collect for our services to the point that our collections are at 99% and our days outstanding run around 15 days. The Account Manager understands the importance of clean billing to reduce write-offs and is very responsive when we need guidance. It is a pleasure to work with InSync RCM.

Cons

As an accountant I would like more thoughtful use of the database with focused reports that take into account accrual accounting. The system reports are robust and informational however they are cash basis accounting which require manipulation if your company is accrual accounting based.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

Ability to customize the patient documentation.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

The software was difficult to use, customer support was minimal, the software did not support secondary billing, nor were the patient statements acceptable.

June from Caregiver Grove Behavioral Health

InSync Healthcare Solutions Review

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] was an awesome person to work with throughout the process. He was always willing to answer the many questions that I had while developing this software for our company. He provided input in order to simplify many of the notes which were being developed. I can not say enough positive things about [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. I feel that [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was always available to answer my questions even if we just had a meeting. He was always willing to have other meetings with just myself if needed to ensure that I was understanding everything which was going on through the implementation process.

Pros

1. The ability to run individual reports on every staff member, 2. The way it alerts the supervisors which notes they are personally responsible to sign off on. 3, The way the software is developed allows the agency to remain in complaint on all standards.

Cons

1. The inability to personalize each tab given the individual notes. 2. The number of tabs it takes to complete each note. 3. The insurance verification doesn't always match what is listed in MITS. 4. The length of time it takes for the members who have been now assigned to us to get back with me regarding questions.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

What appeared to be the ease of the program. The ability to individualize the program specific to our agency.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

InSync was able to provide us with the ability to run different reports the agency needed. It was developed in order to help the agency to remain more complaint with standards for credentialing.

Ashley from Children's Home Society of Idaho

Implementation Review

The program is really advanced and streamlined. There are many features currently available, and they are always taking notes to make improvements & better the system. Overall, once we have more data in place, and time under our belt, I think it will be a very good system for our practice.

Pros

Having a full team / supports to train & dissect each area to best fit our needs for workflows. Tamara Davis was our implementation specialist. She was ON-IT! She was beyond diligent in documenting what we needed to do, what was done, questions / concerns, and everything under the sun. Excellent follow up as well. I big thank you to her. This transition could have been treacherous without someone who paid such diligent attention to everything. #Wonderful

Cons

Data migration is seemingly quite a long time. It has been abundantly stressful on my business office (Clinical receptionists / Intake coordinators / billing specialists) to toggle back and forth to see if we have consents from old system to new system, as well as not having all the demographics transfer over. (ie parent information etc). Additionally, I would say the astounding #1 least enjoyed aspect is trying to get all prior clients / as well as any new clients set up in the portal. The process is fairly simple via create username / give password / bing-bang-boom. However, GOOGLE's enhancement + Iphones + tablets etc cause excessive grief. Client's are frustrated trying to transition, clinicians are frustrated the Hx is not in & auto-populating the notes, front office is burnt out trying to ensure the transition is being completed in any sort of cadence. - EASILY the biggest con we have. :(

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

Never had an accurate report. Numbers were always off. AMD engineers would always reply to any request "our system cannot do that for you"; or "yes, we can do that, but it is a special report & will cost you". Could not rely on the information.

Tina from Cedar Ridge Counseling Centers. LLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

Implementation Team is Amazing!

The entire team is flawless and go above and beyond to help us with every single question we ask, and we ask a ton of questions. They never make us feel like we are bothering them with the same question, as a matter of fact, I feel like we are they only client, when I know that’s just not the case.

Pros

The customer support you receive from the time of the sale to launch and even after is excellent. They hold your hand through the entire process making a very stressful situation manageable, including training our 65 providers.

Cons

Seems like a few things have more steps than should be necessary to complete on the PM side.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

The purchase of the licenses vs just leasing and the promise to configure the system to meet the needs of our group.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

I’ve been thinking of changing for years because they haven’t updated anything for years. Finally they announced they were closing the web based version at the end of the year and it made the decision to make it happen easier.

La Keita from Institute for HEALing, LLC

I Loved My Implementation Team!

Rep is absolutely amazing. I bugged the hall out of that woman for the better part of a month. She never lost her patience and she was so helpful. Always validating when I figured something out and emailing back so quickly. She is a dream and should get a raise. She supported my ambitious request to go live about 3.5 weeks after signing on and I'm so glad that we did. Was it stressful? Yes. Would using our old EMR been more stressful given its limitations? Yes!!! Rep is amazing! She kind, knowledgable, smart, funny, and a really good teacher. She definitely understands how to teach users to use the system and to think like the system. She also turned around emails very quickly and was a treasure. I'm so glad that I had these two on my team. They made my experience with InSync a great one. I would recommend InSync to others based off these two and the features mentioned above alone. Rep was also a great support. I didn't have an amazing experience with executive. I found her to be cold via email and not very responsive via email. I was short and to the point, but cold compared to my interactions with other team members.

Pros

I love all of the features. Sticky notes, messaging, batch payments, ERAs, form creation, assessments.

Cons

There is no instant message feature. It's a great feature when there is a patient escalating in the room. You don't have to leave them alone to come get someone. Some of the features are over-priced, which makes customers find workarounds. You would get more business by lowering the price because customers would keep the added feature for the life of their time with InSync. No telehealth yet. Please release this ASAP. We have to pay for a service outside of InSync and use it concurrently with the EMR. It would be easier to have it embedded.

Jacqueline from Creative Counseling and Learning Solut

Industry: Mental Health Care

Insync; RCM and overall experience.

Overall, InSync is user friendly and has various features that will be beneficial to our practice. The implementation process itself has been great mostly because of the individuals that have been working diligently to ensure our success. I would like to acknowledge [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] with the RCM team. From the very first moment I met [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], I knew that we were in good hands. She is solution-focused, results driven and has excellent interpersonal skills. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is extremely knowledgeable yet compassionate with her approach. She welcomes all questions and has consistently made our practice feel like a priority. It is a breath of fresh air to work with someone that not only understands their role, but can also validate, empower, and offer solutions to enhance process flows. We are extremely grateful to have her as a part of our team!

Pros

The dashboard, shortcuts and reporting are some of our best features in InSync. We also like that the system is customizable and we have been able to enhance some of our documentation. The implementation team has great to work with and has been easily accessible for questions unlike our previous provider.

Cons

The calendar feature in InSync is our least favorite function. We also hope that one day InSync will have it's own app so that therapists can easily access their clients for the day.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

Simple Practice was not able to offer us reporting and functionalities that were needed to grow as a practice.

Patricia from Sutton Counseling Services

Great software

Sales and training staff have been very professional and helpful. Our trainer, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], was very professional, congenial, and always very patient with our questions. He is a real asset to InSync and always willing to answer questions, often after hours.

Pros

The software is easy to use and learn. It's very versatile and has more features than others we have used that make our work easier and more efficient. The software is integrated with the billing portion which saves us time. Errors are fixable before sending to billing.

Cons

We are very new to using the software and so far I can't see any problems or issues that I would change. After using it for a while, there may be some suggestions but the program is so complete that simple customizations make everything fit our needs so far.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

InSync is more versatile and more customizable than the others she looked at.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

We have several problems with their software. Their support staff was always good to help us but because the software program and the billing program were two separate programs, it was time consuming to do much of the billing. There were other problems such as not being able to correct CPT codes after signed and things would go to billing that were impossible for the biller to notice.

Tosin from Antioch Medical Center

October 2015

InSync has been a great, easy to use product!

Pros

I really love the ease of use for the product! There's a little bit of a learning curve, but once you've got it down, you don't want to use anything else. I've used EMRs before, but InSync is one of the simplest to use by far. Don't confuse simplicity for lack of features though. The software is pretty robust and can handle almost anything you can think of. They really took the time to make this product user-friendly and feature-rich. The vendors have also been awesome to work with! They take the time to understand your needs and cater the product to best fit your practice. They usually bend over backwards to make sure you're satisfied with the product and your needs are taken care of. I was so happy that my sales reps took the time to demo the product and features anytime I asked or explained anything I had questions about. It was so easy to know exactly how a feature of InSync would help my practice. InSync has been great for my practice and I’m truly glad that I bought it.

Cons

Like others have said, entering in EOBs manually can be a pain. However, once you get ERAs to work, it greatly reduces the stress of posting. Occasionally, you get some hiccups with the EMR being web-based (i.e. timeouts, pages loading slow), but overall it's a great product. Emailing support can be 60/40. Sometimes you get great people to work with and other times you can't get someone to solve your issue. However, I usually get much better people over the phone and a much faster response time.

Joshua from Chesapeake Health Care

Review of inSync

Since we began looking for a new system, I have been impressed with inSync. Since we signed an agreement with them to use their system, their implementation has been fantastic. They have been responsive to our needs, adapting to our workflows, and their training to our staff has been excellent.

Pros

Support, Implementation Team, Customization of workflows, Ease of use, Compliance of the systems, Speed of the system, Updates

Cons

We have not discovered anything we do not like about the software.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

They listened to our needs and adapted to our workflows. Since implementation, they have only solidified our decision to join them. The implementation team has been a pleasure to work with.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

We have only switched out our Mental Health Department to inSync, as athena is not built for Mental Health.

Jessica from Rhinebeck Foot Care

Insync goes above and beyond

Every ticket that I place for customer support to help with they reach out to the practice right away. As of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] we made the switch to add our billing with Insync. Insync and our new RCM [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped make the transition as smooth as possible. We worked together as a team to make all the necessary changes to help the practice and Insync work together.

Pros

The software is easy to use. Insync always tries to help accommodate our practices needs.

Cons

Sometimes I do feel it difficult to do certain tasks. Things were not completely set up for the practice in the very beginning.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

Insync was better suited for our needs.

Kelsey from Siouxland Mental Health Center

Amazing Product and Support

Our experience has been great. The support we received from the implementation team has been amazing. Our issues were addressed usually within 1 business day and there were very few things that we wanted that the system could not do. Our team was very engaging with us and extremely patient, even as we continue with last minute changes.

Pros

This software is very user friendly, even for people who struggle with technology. We also have several different programs within our agency, and this software was adaptable to all programs and we have been able to make it work for all users. The software is extremely adaptable and changes can easily be made.

Cons

The medication module can be confusing and it does take some time to practice with it to get the flow figured out.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

Insync seemed to fit our organizations needs better. We interview several clients and they did not have a bad word to say about this system and its capabilities. It is a dynamic system rather than a linear system as other ones we have looked at.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

The software we were using was extremely outdated and we were not able to get any data for our organization. It was not user friendly and the customer support was almost non-existent.

anne from Mana Psychiatry and Wellness, LLC

Insync

I've been impressed with the quick response time to questions or problems I run across within the system. The implementation team was top-notch [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros

Insync has multiple features not found in other products. The patient portal has been very helpful in communicating with patients, allowing them to schedule their appointments and sign releases.

Cons

Difficult at first to navigate. Fortunately, the support team replied promptly to every problem I ran across or question I had. For someone that is electronically inclined, I'm sure this product can do far more then what I am currently using it for.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

Insync was recommended by another business owner. Price was more reasonable then most of the products I reviewed.

Dalene from Canyon Counseling Center

Great

Great Implement program. The training is great. The trainers are very patient and great to work with. Overall, the time that is being saved from working with InSync is great, and makes up for the cost of the program.

Pros

It is web based so we can use it any office and at home. Everything we need for the practice is all in one place.

Cons

The wording that is used in the software was a little hard to get used to at first. Takes some time to understand and use all that it offers.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

Just a better software over all for the cost. Theranest charged us way to much even before going live with them.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

Needed better web base, with better customer support. Insync offered more services for what we needed.

Myron from Family Service Foundation, Inc.

The Support Staff MAKE the product successful!

Our prior EMR sunsetted, and InSync appears to be far superior. Wish we used it for the past years instead of our prior softwares. Special KUDOS to our InSync Support Staff [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who worked tirelessly, respectfully and joyfully to resolve any issues that arose - always beneficially for resolution timing and success! Also shouts out to Expert [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and our wonderful on-site Trainer [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! ALL highly recommended, and then some!

Pros

I like that we can control the customization for almost everything

Cons

We have a more complex setup than most, but we worked through the challenges together

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

InSync addressed our needs better than Credible, and had superior support options compared to Kareo.

Medical Mastermind sunsetted

August 2016

Richard from Tahlequah Medical Group

August 2016

A great choice with great functionality

We have had InSync since 2013 and have been able to effectively use the software as promised. They are continually evolving and we are growing our practice, and they are very responsive to any suggestions or questions we have.

Pros

The company is very helpful and understanding of our needs and is able to accommodate our requests. The software is web-based, so there isn't anything that is stored locally and nothing that needs to be installed. The automated calls and texts, integration of the patient portal, medication management and insurance eligibility checks are great to have. The Meaningful Use helpdesk staff is a great asset and has helped our practice meet MU criteria and receive our payments. They can also help in case of an audit.

Cons

Cannot scan directly into the EMR, but they are working on it.

James from Crossroads Counseling

Overall a good EHR

Pros

The customization both with only paying for services used as well as how much the actual EHR can be changed in terms of how a note looks, bringing previous notes to compare plus keep some information if the same.

Cons

I mentioned above about the prescription platform. This is bad enough that I could consider changing EMR once main contract is done. The other issue is lag. There are times it take several minutes to be able to open a page.

Reasons for Choosing InSync Healthcare Solutions

The cost compared to the amount of customization. It is nice to be able to only pay for the services used. I also felt the salesman did a great job taking the time and answering all my questions in very timely manner. Very professional and real. I never felt like I was just a dollar sign. Although there are things I don't like about the EHR, I feel I wasn't mislead at all. It's just something you see once start using it.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

The Platform was not customizable, needed changes weren't being made to be eligible for Illinois, and it was no longer free making the above issues a big issue.

Jeanne from Bosque Mental Health Associates, Inc.

InSync

Our overall experience has been great. From the trainer who came out to go over the software with our admin team and our providers to our continued support with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (we are sad to let him go and move on to the support team, but we get it :) Everyone has been really responsive, helpful and fun to work with. Our timing could not have been better moving to InSync as we finished training on March 12th and closed the clinic on March 18th due to COVID-19...moving us to 100% Telehealth right when it was crucial.

Pros

I think that the software is really intuitive and easy to use. You can search for what you need or process items in several ways, so you are not locked in to just one path of access. If I cannot figure out what I need there is always the University that I can search for helpful answers.

Cons

I am not having any dislikes at the moment, although our billing folks have said that it is a bit more cumbersome to use than our previous system. Part of this is learning the software and all that it can do for us. We have asked for some enhancements, so hopefully that will help if they can be implemented.

Reasons for Switching to InSync Healthcare Solutions

We were looking to open up Telehealth and Valant was not offering that at the time.

Stefani from Farragut ENT and Allergy

Account Manager Review "[SENSITIVE CONTENT]"

Our account manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been nothing short of amazing. Whenever we have a question or issue about a claim, insurance payment, fee schedule, or how to run the correct reports he is right there to help me. Recently I had a huge task to break down our earning per month for 4 doctors. I asked our account manager to help me with this and we set up a working zoom meeting. We spent 2 hours on this zoom meeting pulling all the numbers and organizing them into spreadsheets. I could not ask for a better account manager to help us with all the day to day tasks we have to complete!

Pros

The easiness of post EFT/ERAs. Also posting patient payments is easy.

Cons

All the different reports that can be pulled. Sometimes less is more.