• Pros

• "It took a lot of back end work on my part, but I was able to make it simple-to-use for the clinical team, other than the nurse/physician who had to do the orders. "

• "The rep was amazing throughout the entire process. "

• "Ease of use for charting. User friendly and I like that adjustment can be made easily in order to accommodate our program."

• Cons

• "The only improvement I would like to see is an added search field available at all times, say, in the Settings/Help Menu Bar."

• "When trying to search for a patient, if there is more than one account for a patient, there isn't enough identifying information and it's not clear as to which one is the correct selection."

• "Kipu calander is not as user friendly as Outlook calendar. Sometimes switching between programs and/or clients is convoluted."

Browse Kipu Systems Reviews

Jessica from No Longer Bound

Industry: Mental Health Care

An EMR that Sincerely Strives to Meet its Clients Where They Are At & With Exceptional Service

The answer to safeguarding and organizing your patient information that integrates easily across platforms and per user. EMRs have much to do and KIPU does such a great job at it and that deserves recognition and praise.

Pros

I had been out of the business for a few years, with previous experience with EMRs and EHRs mostly from 2011-2013, so this was my first software to use since then, in a residential inpatient substance abuse care facility (ASAM Level III), and KIPU proved utterly worthy of this review and more. Not only is it an intuitive interface, for seemingly everyone, across the spectrum of positions and experience, it is COMFORTABLE using. I cannot say that for the majority of software in this industry, and I realize that that can be largely attributed to the innate complexity and vast array of information inherent to the field of healthcare, but KIPU really is in it to win it: win with unparalleled accessibility, a team of customer service gurus who are actually PRESENT (in not in actual in person, then as close to that as possible; something that to me, means everything) and who deliver upon their solutions and help, and persistent adherence to creating the best experience for all those who use the software, keeping in tune with industry changes, client feedback, and an unwavering effort to betterment largely unmatched by its competitors. But mostly, its the ease of use and unmatched team of customer service agents that do it for me.

Cons

There were a few places where the intricacy won out over simplicity of use; where the user had to keep in mind and remember certain nuances behind respective components (ex: Golden Thread) in order for it to function and coordinate seamlessly and across the platform. Otherwise, very little cons with KIPU. And an immense THANK YOU to such a wonderful, client-based team of truly helpful people who CARE.

Lindsy from Claim path Billing

BEST EMR!

Great experience!! Wonderful, friendly customer service! I highly recommend KIPU among all the rest! As a biller its the quickest, easiest and most efficient way to get everything I need.

Pros

I love the easy functionality of KIPU, I have used other EMR systems for facilities that our managed by our company and KIPU is by far the best. Kipu is worth the investment. I know it may be a little more pricey than the others (i.e. best notes, Zen charts) but you truly get what you pay for!

Cons

The change in the face sheet of a patient. Now when printing out the face sheet for a file the insurance information cuts off and no longer on the first sheet. It makes it less convenient as opposed to when it was available on one page.

Built for the Basic Model of Substance Abuse Care...which doesn't work.

We used this as our EHR, reluctantly, as there really isn't a good EHR out there that does everything. If you're looking for one, Azalea is my new favorite.

Pros

Cons

I don't like it's cost model, it's lack of reporting custom fields in notes, and it's order sets/eMAR weren't too seamless.

Katie from Chabad of California/Benefit Recovery Partners

Industry: Mental Health Care

It is obvious from the start that this software was written with great care and completeness.

Kipu is the core resource in our office!

Pros

I use this software all day everyday and it never fails me. The layout is simple and thorough, easy to navigate and visually pleasing. I have recently started using the Reports feature and it has made gathering information much more efficient. It literally used to take me 1-2 hours to gather specific data that is now at my fingertips in a matter of seconds using their customized reports.

Amanda from DANCO Companies

Industry: Mental Health Care

The KIPU EMR Software is VERY Strong in delivering quality, clinical services.

KIPU has everything you need to support clinical staff in the delivery of high quality substance use disorder and mental health care services.

Pros

An EMR is one of the most important components of any treatment center, mental health or substance use disorder treatment. KIPU delivers a very sophisticated offer of customizations that are easy to use for providers and their employees. The Training and Customer support are the best of all the systems I reviewed.

Cons

The connection to billing services is good, and could use some improvements. Other software programs make "one screen" billing operations easier for the administrative staff to track payments from insurance companies and run client payments through the billing portal.

ROSIE from Miami Springs Private Treatments

Great EMR for Addiction Treatment Centers

It has a lot of features and a lot of customization. The cool thing is that their integration team worked with us to understand our needs. They got it up and running on time and on budget. Our staff loves it compared to what we had before. It's really much better than the competition.

Pros

Easy to use. Staff loves it.

Cons

It's on the more expensive side, but it pays for itself.

Response from Kipu Systems

Replied November 2016

It's our pleasure to have you as a client.

Kenneth from ASAP Rehab

Horrible Customer Service

Pros

The rep was amazing throughout the entire process.

Cons

The CEO will not return a signed contract. Then when you ask an employee to complete a task that was outlined in the contract, they respond with "let me check to see if that's possible." The CEO then chimes on the email and says "if you can produce a signed contract then we'll do it." The accounts payable clerk could use a good lesson in simply professionalism. The CFO is a joke at best when he isnt being undermined by the CEO. The general counsel is a pompous jerk that does nothing to keep the company out of litigation. The rep is just as unprofessional as the rest of the bunch. I was forwarded an email from the CEO to his staff where he stated: "my mission is to make as much money as possible and to dominate this industry at all cost." I cannot believe that I thought considered this company.

Jessica from UR1 Professionals

Easy to navigate.

I think it's a good Electronic Medical Record option for facilities.

Pros

It was easy to find the necessary information I was searching for and it was self explanatory. It's nice to be able to sign and complete documentation online and have everything needed in one place for admission, treatment, and discharge.

Robert from UR1 Professionals

Great software

Pros

So simple to use and navigate! We access this software for one of our facilities and it is extremely easy to get any and all information

Cons

Nothing that affects me directly. I hear price can be a concern however I access it for one of my clients that uses and pays for it.

Benjamin from Aventura Mental Health Care Facility

Industry: Mental Health Care

Kipu is the number one provider for treatment centers

KIPU helped us out with our treatment center. KIPU has excellent customer service that's very helpful for all of our needs.

Pros

Fast turnaround time.

Cons

A little bit expensive.

Christina from Turning Point

KIP EMR for Substance Abuse

NESTOR from MIAMI SPRINGS REHAB

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Kipu saved our Treatment Center

Kipu dramatically improved our intake times. It's a little pricey, but so far it's been well worth it. My staff is very happy with it.

Pros

Intuitive. Fast. Very robust.

Cons

A little expensive.