All OnCall Health Reviews

Kim

Time used: Free Trial

Easy to use, user-friendly, simple, compliant with PHIPA

Joy

Highly Recommend oncallhealth.ca

My clients much prefer OnCall Health over the previous platform. It's reliable, which when doing psychotherapy is very important! Picture and audio quality is very good, and the appointment booking process is quick and easy. The mobile / tablet version is just as straightforward and easy to use as the computer one.

Pros

It is straight forward, easy to use, and very reliable. When I switched from another telehealth platform to oncallhealth, I received positive feedback from virtually every one of my clients.

Cons

Client's have to email support in order to update their payment information.

Response from OnCall Health

Hi Joy, thank you for sharing your experience! We strive to create a seamless experience for users across all devices, and we're thrilled to hear that OnCall Health is easy to use and reliable for your practice!

Ashley

Incredible customer service

I researched quite a bit and compared practice management programs while starting up my private practice. OnCall Health was my top choice for its professionalism, security (servers based in Canada, using Stripe for payments), features, and outstanding customer service. From first contact, I had the opportunity to talk to an actual person about package options, pricing, and user functions. OnCall team members guided me through how to use each feature and helped me figure out what would be the best features based on my needs. Since signing up as a customer, I have been connected with a rep to help me with any and all questions (and I have had a LOT as a new sole proprietor!). OnCall Health is ahead of the curve for its customer service and human contact. I don't feel like "just" a user: I feel like a valued customer. Thank you, OnCall Health!

Pros

The customer service makes using the software a user friendly experience. It takes a bit of getting used to, but it's easy to use pretty quickly. In addition, I love the security features (Canadian servers) and that it uses Stripe to process payments.

Cons

It's pricier than other programs, but it has a unique, integrated and secure online/video counselling feature. I don't use that currently but if I do in the future, I know it may be extra cost.

Response from OnCall Health

Hi Ashley, thank you for sharing such an incredible review! We are so thrilled to hear that our customer success team was able to help tailor the features to your practice and met your expectations! Our customers are our priority and we believe in always providing the best experience for all our users. Thank you for choosing OnCall, and we appreciate your valuable feedback!

Replied October 2019

city use only

excellent interaction when buying. terrible experience when having technical problems. locked into a 12 month contract for a service that has ZERO business application for us.

Pros

excellent package and documentation integration. I liked the calendar booking function and shared documents with e-signing.

Cons

doesn't work on rural internet systems. I reported this to their technical people who just said it should work fine. In all practical tests we did with rural clients the video did not work at all. The system works fine for in city (high speed internet) but does not work at all with our client population (on reserve). As a comparison we tried Zoom and Facebook video and they worked just fine with the same clients on same networks. As such, clearly there is some video compression overhead that breaks this service in rural areas. When they were unable ot rectify the problem I asked to be released from contract but they made me pay for 12 months anyways for a product that doesn't even work for us.

Reasons for choosing OnCall Health

we wanted a Canadian solution. We switched to Zoom because it actually works.

Response from OnCall Health

Daniel, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. An excellent customer experience is important to us, so we're sorry to hear that your experience was anything but that. While we're happy to hear that you were satisfied with your engagement with our team and with key features, we're sorry that your patients may have had trouble with connectivity. We regularly and extensively test all parts of our platform for stability and reliability, and our video platforms are able to provide high quality video when bandwidth of >5 MBPS is available. Of course, bandwidth can be a challenge in rural areas and we're always working to improve our video platforms. In terms of your contract, we partner with customers on annual contracts so that we're able to provide excellent, 24/7 technical support, in addition to a host of additional services related to account and workflow configuration. Please feel free to reach out to us at support@oncallhealth.ca regarding your annual contract. Thank you

Replied May 2021

Kameela

Full suite PHIPA compliant platform

I started using OnCall for the online video capability but soon saw it's potential to support many other administrative purposes. Having a booking button on my website, using forms for intake, makes it easy for those looking for service to become clients. I've found the customer service with OnCall has been the best! It's a main reason, I'm reluctant to explore other options.

Pros

Everything is in one place, OnCall is a full client management system integrated with online video platform. Booking (in-person, phone and online clients), cancellations, forms, payment, notes and online video use in one platform streamlines private practice needs.

Cons

In group sessions I wish there was a way to hide email addresses from other participants.

Response from OnCall Health

Hi Kameela, thank you for your stellar review of our platform and Customer Success Team! We're so glad to hear that OnCall Health became an all-in-one platform for your practice! Our group video session only shows the name of the participant and never emails. If you are experiencing trouble with this, our Customer Success Team would love to help you out!

Kristen

Great customer support!

My overall experience with Oncall Health was great. We worked closely with Simone and Brandon who were both easy to work with and super responsive!

Pros

The best thing about using Oncall Health as our EHR system for private practice was by far their customer service. They are responsive and listen to feedback to improve user experience!

Cons

A few minor things about this software that has room for improvement. Again, these are minor little things that would just add convenience to administrators and providers. 1.) Populated notes to include diagnosis, therapist credentials and the option for an electronic signature ( I believe this is in the works) 2.) The appointment ID listed within the "notes" section of a client's roster contact so that you don't have to go back to the appointment page to cross reference. 3.) Real time calendar usage for providers using multiple calendars for appointments 4.) Option to "archive" roster contacts instead of deleting them. Or a way to differentiating current/past clients would be super helpful. We labeled them within the client name to help stay organized

Peter

Simplicity is key

Fantastic!

Pros

The platform is simple and it works. The best feature of On-Call is the implementation team who listen and as much as possible, implement what we need.

Cons

For our particular purpose, we chose to deselect some of the options in order to keep client communication as simple and effective as possible.

Reasons for choosing OnCall Health

Mostly the integration capability.

Response from OnCall Health

Thank you so much for your review, Peter! We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and are happy to have you as a client.

Virtual Counselling Made Easy

When the pandemic started, we needed a software that could help us facilitate our virtual counselling and process payments, safely and securely. OnCall has helped us to accomplish our goals. It has become an important software tool for our agency.

Pros

I like that the software is HIPAA compliant, schedules appointments for video conferencing, sends out automatic confirmations and reminders, shares online forms, and processes credit card payments and invoices.

Cons

One feature that is currently missing is the ability to capture e-signatures on forms.

Response from OnCall Health

Thank you so much for the review, Michael! We've shared all of your feedback with our product team and appreciate you taking the time to share it with us. Thank you for being an OnCall Health client.

Devan

Industry: Mental Health Care

A great option to add to counselling businesses!

Pros

I love how easy it is to bill clients who use credit card to pay, and that they receive an emailed receipt instantly! Saves lots of time on paperwork that way. I also love that I can pull up my whole history and produce reprinted receipts at any time.

Cons

Clients who do not want to pay via credit card or don't have a credit card still need manual receipts and payment processing in alternate ways. Additionally, it does not store client information or allow for appointment repeats so you have to plug in each appointment individually with their email.

Response from OnCall Health

Hi Devan, thank you for sharing your experience! Selecting the "recurring" option feature on the new appointment window will enable you to set recurring appointments on your calendar. We also have a Roster feature that would grant you to ability to create Roster profiles for your patients. From there, you would be able to access client history and status whenever and wherever! If you're looking for more information on Roster, please do not hesitate to reach out to your Customer Success Manager!

Diane

June 2022

Easy to use platform and a collaborative and caring support team

Great! OnCall has a reliable and responsive team who genuinely care about their user experience.

Pros

I like how simple and intuitive it is for health providers and clients to use. Great new updates are being added based on our requests for features we'd like to implement and from the innovative thinkers at OnCall.

Cons

None at this time. My questions were quickly answered by their team and they continue to find solutions for areas where further support is needed.

Robin

March 2022

Trying to resign

Better 2.5 years ago when I started and could talk with a representative. Now I can't reach anyone or get responses to email. I can't get a customer service person even to resign, so I may have to block the automatic withdrawal. I used to have an account manager but they have left the company. Now I have to talk to a bot or a representative by text that when they can't answer the question, they say they will get back to me, but then don't.

Pros

Scheduling is easy. Clients like the reminders.

Cons

Many complaints from clients about ease of use, especially getting started. On-line support not readily available.

Response from OnCall Health

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It does look like we were able to get this resolved for you but we always strive for positive experiences for our clients and apologize if we fell short. We've shared your feedback with the appropriate teams and appreciate your time and perspective.

Erica

OnCall is a wonderful product with even better customer support!

Overall, I highly recommend OnCall. It meets all of our small-practice needs, and continues to grow as we do! Most importantly, I cannot stress how wonderful their customer support has been. This is one of the main reasons we continue to use OnCall for our practice.

Pros

We are very happy with all the features provided by OnCall, including secure storage for session notes, a roster of clients for each of our clinicians, options for virtual therapy, and ease of payment/generation of receipts. We are currently in the process of exploring the scheduling feature, and are looking forward to adding this to our experience. The OnCall support staff has been readily available for ourselves and our clients when needed - their responses are timely and there is always a live person to talk to in order to help troubleshoot any problems, which means that things get solved quickly and efficiently!

Cons

I do not have any complaints about OnCall.

Response from OnCall Health

Hi Erica, thank you for sharing your amazing review with our team! We are so happy to hear that you are happy with all the features and receiving all the support that you and your clients need from our team! We love being a part of your practice's growth, and thank you for choosing OnCall!

Replied October 2019

Judith

Working from Home Office

This has been a great resource during the current pandemic and has helped reduce face to face contact whilst retaining clients and sessions. In the future looking to continue to use video sessions as a subset of clients like the option of connecting from home.

Pros

Out in the sticks on a WiFi Internet Provider service so our internet connection can be on the slower side. Despite this, we have rarely experienced problems with video or sound quality unlike some of the other options we tried. Easy to set up video appointments and being able to save client details makes the process easier and quick. Not had any client complain about connecting to the video calls.

Cons

It would be useful to be able to easily sync the calendar with Google calendar. Think it may be possible but not obvious.

Reasons for switching to OnCall Health

Security, Canadian based, quality of video/audio connection.

Response from OnCall Health

Hi Judith, Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are happy to hear that OnCall has allowed you to connect reliably with your clients! We actually just launched our google calendar sync feature last month, available on our premium plan. If you are interested in learning more, please contact your account manager. Thank you for your feedback! The OnCall Team.

Replied December 2020

Michelle

OnCall Review

My overall experience with OnCall has been positive. It is easy to navigate. I am able to communicate with my clients and their families online in video conferences and I am confident in knowing that their platform is safe and secure. I appreciate the user friendliness of the program and the tech support that is readily available if and when needed.

Pros

The OnCall platform is very easy to navigate. It is user friendly for all ages and most intellectual capabilities. They offer great support online, with media (video support and introductions) as well as a call in service to assist with navigating issues and/or concerns. It is a secure platform to conduct video conferences and teleconferences. It allows users to store participants information (email/phone contacts) which assists with setting up meetings and conferences. It also allows the user to pre-book and preplan recurring appointments on the calendar. It gives notifications to participants as well. I am very pleased with the professional platform, security of the program and the support offered to its clients and users.

Cons

None at this time. My questions were quickly answered and resolved via tech support both by phone and by video conference.

Reasons for switching to OnCall Health

Security reasons and online support.

Tina

Good product for Social Workers in private practice

For a small proprietorship and one person counselling practice this is a dream to use and keeps me organized in a way an admin assistant might be but at a very reasonable price.

Pros

OnCall Health is easy to use and provides technical support to clients as well as Practitioners which is super helpful to those of us who are not technology adept. I like the way it organizes my clients information and the ease of setting appointments. Its easy to see your calendar and generates an email to clients inviting them to the appointment.

Cons

I found the video feed to be difficult at times but since they've moved to using Zoom technology this issue has disappeared.

EVA