• Pros

• "Simple to use and easy to learn. I love the way this software has been designed to meet the clinician's needs and more. I love the software. "

• "easy to use and easy to navigate, great job for the staff, very helpful, fixes problem quickly, good customer service "

• "I like that it does everything all in one place-- scheduling, billing, documenting... I also like that it is all online so I can access it from anywhere. "

• Cons

• "They have been software glitches in the functionality of some of the options, Although the team has been excellent in addressing these needs/concerns"

• " Not very user friendly but once you know the software its easy to use"

• "The financial aspect has improved with the forwarded balances added when you look at payments but that was my least favorite thing...the difficulty determining balances due."

Browse Therasoft Online Reviews

Melissa from Shoudt & Reilly Psychological Services, LLC

Exemplary Costumer Support

I have had a great experience with Therasoft and highly recommend this program to any mental health practice!

Pros

Therasoft is an easy program to learn and use. It meets the needs of my moderate sized group practice while remaining affordable. Customer support is top notch. We can contact them by telephone or email and any questions we have are answered quickly.

Cons

There is a large selection of reports. At times, it can be a little confusing figuring out how to get the information I need. However, the costumer support team is always available to assist with this. They also provide a large number of webinars and training opportunities that would make the process easier (I have not had the opportunity to view these yet).

Heather from Heather C. Brewer LCSW

Amazing resource for counselors

My experience with Therasoft has been excellent. The scheduling, medical records and billing components are reliable, meet the requirements of my payors and are easy to use. I am thrilled this year to have collected more in revenue, despite taking a month sabbatical. This outcome I believe, is solely due to the hard work of my biller with Therasoft who stays on top of my claims, denials and deductibles. It gives me peace of mind to know that the Therasoft team is coordinating my billing.

Pros

I am most appreciative of the billing services that are a part of this software. Having Therasoft handle this complex and sometimes stressful portion of my business is a huge help. It allows me to focus on caring for my clients and growing my business and not trying to navigate the maze of the insurance world.

Cons

It took be some time to adjust to the calendar based system rather than being able to click on a client's name and find everything related to them in one place.

Reasons for Choosing Therasoft Online

Therasoft was recommended by almost all of the practitioners I knew who were in their own private practice.

Marcia from Islands Counseling, LLC

Send Out Telemental Health Informed Consent

Therasoft is a company that stands behind their product. They are innovative and always improving their product and interface with their clients.

Pros

I can do everything I need in one place for electronic records, insurance, client notes and billing.

Cons

I have been doing telemental health with them for over six months. There have been glitches throughout for me. Those are finally repaired and the software and portal work beautifully now.

Jeni from Family Strategies & Coaching

August 2015

Therasoft handles most of our needs but has flaws

Pros - it electronically handles insurance, it autofills, customer service is always helpful, the programming department is always willing to make changes to better fit our needs, they are ICD-10 ready! :) Cons - it is not very user friendly. We have a very unique practice, so I understand that finding software for our particular needs is going to be tricky. I appreciate all that therasoft does to try and meet the needs of our practice. At our practice we run several group therapy sessions. Finding individuals in the groups is ridiculously difficult. We have to know the name and date of the group in order to find a particular individual. Ideally we should be able to find the client under the 'individual' tab, and there should be a list of appointment as well as group therapy schedule. We also have several clients that have their bills paid by a third party. Some of them like to share the cost. Therasoft is incapable of accurately splitting the bill. We have tried using the provided percentage option, and it does not calculate accurately. We would also like to be able to put money on deposit and have it held for that particular date. (For example, we have had clients pay for the full session before we know if insurance will cover the cost. It would be nice to be able to put that money on deposit, but have it held for only that session date (obviously, with the option to easily move it to another day).) When there is money just sitting in the deposit account it is difficult to know when it got placed there and why it is placed there. We also have had several customer complains in regards to the bill. It is difficult for them to read and understand. It is also difficult for us when they tear off the bottom portion and mail it into us, it does not give any dates that that bill is in regards to. It would also be nice to be able to edit a payment once it has been added. There have been several times when I enter in the payment information, only to discover after the fact that I put in the wrong date, or the wrong transaction number, then I have to delete the whole payment and start over. Overall, we use therasoft because it is the best software for our billing needs. However, I do feel like it is challenging to get around. We actually use a secondary software program for our therapists and clients to keep track of appointments because of the way it looks, its ease of use, and the ability for clients to book their own appointments online.

Response from Therasoft Online

Replied August 2015

Thank you for your detailed response, Jeni! Our client's input helps us grow and improve. I know that we have spoken about some of your concerns in the past and addressed some that you had. We do have some great improvements in the works. I think those will address more of the items you have mentioned. Let me know if you would like to schedule some time to meet to discuss things further.

Leasha from Oasis Counseling Services LLC

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Good EHR Platform

Ease-of-use and convenience are the top benefits of Therasoft. Support is responsive to issues.

Pros

I decided to go with Therasoft for my private mental health practice due to the EHR having prepopulated treatment plan goals and objectives that are based on the Wiley Treatment Planner's goals and objectives. Other EHR's did not have this built into their product and I decided to go with Therasoft because I felt it would save time plus having the convenience of an all in one platform to handle my billing, payments, notes, payroll.

Cons

The server can sometimes be slow to respond.

Reasons for Choosing Therasoft Online

Therasoft was easy to navigate and learn; I transitioned to their billing support which has been an asset to my practice and has helped to increase revenue.

Chana from New Beginnings Counseling & Consultinfg, LLC

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Therasoft and Web Site Review

It was wonderful. I was worried about creating a site and linking it to an EHR. The web developers were highly responsive and answered all questions I had. The developers along with my account manager made a stressful process much easier.

Pros

It’s easy to use and the tutorials that are online are very helpful. I appreciated that the team conducted a video and call for the setup and questions.

Cons

Initially It didn’t seem like it would be easy to navigate. After my call I had a much easier time.

Reasons for Choosing Therasoft Online

The internet package and pricing of Therasoft.

Disappointed

Disappointed doesn't begin to state the way I feel about this company. In the beginning they were awesome. Now not so much at this time. To begin with it is very expensive for what you get. Next customer service is lack luster to say the least. Every time I call most of the time my issue is not resolved and I am told I will check on that and get back to you. The majority of the time nobody does get back to me, which brings me to the next problem I have. I was paying a substantial amount of money for them to do my billing. In 2018 and into 2019 (the dates could be wrong) it did not get done on time by the individual who was working on my account. This cost me thousands of dollars and all I got was I am working on this (by the new person). They did take some money off of my one bill, but I never collected on all the claims that were not filed in a timely manner. This was on Therasoft so why did I have to eat the loss? Of course that fell on deaf ears. I have been with this company since I began my practice which is now 6 years. All of this time I have been on autopay. 12/19 I see the inv. which I received on the 15th of the month. On the 30th I receive an email stating that they are going to suspend my account for non-payment. So I call and of course AGAIN nobody is around to address the issue, but was told that the girl that handles would get back to me either by phone or email that never happened. I am out $$$ and patience.

Pros

It is good for clinical documentation.

Cons

Difficulty with splitting payments Slow speed and I thought it was just my WIFI, but it is the same no matter what wifi I use Poor problem resolution Unable to address other specific situations Unable to pull a list of progress notes for all clients

Reasons for Choosing Therasoft Online

I thought it was a good value. It is not

Wendy from Rice Psychology Group, P.A.

Above and beyond

Overall. Therasoft is working well as an EHR for my practice. I definitely recommend.

Pros

The [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and leadership team go above and beyond to help us utilize the software as fully as possible.

Cons

Because we treat children it would be nice to be able to send statements and communications to the responsible party with their name rather than to the child’s attention.

Andre from Choose BETTER 4U, PLLC

Therasoft Online Review

Pros

The online interface is user-friendly. The FAQs and News pages are always updated with recent information.

Cons

I’d like to see upgrades on the app. The ability to complete Therapy notes would be a nice addition.

Gerardo from Espiga Health L.L.C.

I like the system and it meets my needs. It is affordable and that is important as well.

All-in-one place for services.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the attendance and progress notes format. I also like some of the assessment templates. I like the electronic signatures and the fact that it is tied to billing

Cons

I love the online sessions function but the picture quality for the provider is very bad. Also, the group notes are difficult. I used to use the group tab but then it does not show on the regular attendance and progress notes tabs. There must be a way that groups can also be on normal calendar and attendance.

Annie from EDGES

Industry: Mental Health Care

Liking Therasoft more and more after more than a year

I am the sole practitioner in my private practice and use Therasoft for storing client data, electronic billing, tracking and billing for co-pays, text or email reminders to clients about appointments, and encrypted emails for confidential information. Therasoft works FOR me - because Therasoft works WITH me!

Pros

1. Customer service is patient, straight forward, individualized and makes a consistent effort to be responsive. 2. Over the past year, Therasoft has made changes to their staffing system to increase availability after hours - which is especially important to me as there is a significant time difference between our respective locations. 3. There is no pressure to add more services than you need. They genuinely want customers to have the best fit which is, of course, a great customer service strategy but with Therasoft it's not just for show. 4. They have been open to scheduling regular weekly phone consults with me for as much or as little time as I need. If our rep - whom I consult with - is not able to make it, she notifies me ahead of time. Our consults are goal directed but have a personal warmth that I value and have come to trust. 5. THERE IS NO AUTOMATED VOICEMAIL SYSTEM with irrelevant mandatory options but not the ones you need and no way to access a human being. Usually I reach someone directly and that availability has now increased. If the answering service picks up, it can be a little frustrating - even when I've been frustrated and called repeatedly, Therasoft staff have been professional and focused on problem-solving.

Cons

Occasionally, there are technological problems that can only be resolved by the developers. In fairness, these tech problems have been minor (not major - no lost notes, files, whole narratives). One of these problems was resolved only after about 6 months. I was persistent about it and appreciated that my persistence was treated in a matter of fact manner rather than an irritant. Admittedly, I wondered if they were really working on it. But then, one day, it was resolved - no fanfare, just fixed.

Response from Therasoft Online

Replied October 2018

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to Review our Company. I am sorry you had some difficulties with your documentation. We have made some changes for autosave so if there is any internet connection or other problems our system will autosave what you have completed up to that point. Glad you are able to make the software work for all your needs to do the job you love. Many Thanks, Petra

Dr Bob from Psychology Services Associates, LLC

Comments and Suggestions

Therasoft offers a sophisticated integration of all the main functions of a busy psychotherapy practice and is scalable to the size of the practice. The software itself incorporates easy user access to functions, customization of documents and the ability to upload your own documents. It is state-of-the-art in terms of web usage, HIPAA security & backup, and integration with external software and human billing systems. They provide a good cost-benefit ratio, especially since one does not have to download or maintain software on one's own computer. The current version is in its final development stages which provides a few rough edges but is full functionality. Fortunately the strength of the design and implementation so far suggest that a smoothly running, user-friendly system is just around the corner.

Pros

Therasoft takes advantage of web-based technology and the "cloud" environment in three major ways: First, the system seamlessly integrates appointments and calendar functions, billing functions (electronic billing, electronic EOBs), credit card, and EMR chart components. Second, the Therasoft system integrates the familiar features of, and interfaces with, popular information management systems like Google Apps, as well as the convenient features of many PDAs. Third, Therasoft builds in the modular flexibility which is needed for the diverse user settings; users can modify intake forms and procedures, upload their own data (including faxes and other images), and post their own custom forms to patient charts. Users can also generate a variety of database reports. Therasoft also integrates with manual billing and electronic billing processing services,and patient eligibility and benefits certification services.

Cons

The biggest con of the Therasoft system is that it is on the cutting edge of web-based systems and is, consequently rough around a few edges. Whereas all the components operate as advertised, there are idiosyncrasies within functions that one wishes were more smoothly operational. For example, Therasoft provides an innovative display method for the main calendar that allows users to see, at a glance, the status of every appointment and allows single click updates of attendance, billing, and insurance functions. However, changing appointment characteristics (for example repeat appointment changes) can involve an unnecessarily complex series of steps. Similarly, the vast array of operations and data displays available for patients can be overwhelming for first time users. Fortunately, Therasoft provides free hands-on training for new users.

Elaine from Crosspath Counseling

Industry: Mental Health Care

Great for basic services, the customer services is awesome but could use some improvements

My recommendation of the software depends on the size of the business utilizing it. For 1 or two provider businesses that are not or do very little with insurance, it is great

Pros

It is very focused towards the private therapist who deals a little or not at all with insurance. It is very easy to schedule an appointment and bill to insurance. They also work with you to help get the EOB's integrated and EFT set up so receiving payments is super easy too. The drop down menus are easy to navigate and pretty straight forward. They also give you some reports that are helpful to maintain a healthy business and provide training videos on some functions that aren't intuitive.

Cons

From a legal and financial standpoint, things could be improved. The software is very focused on documentation the clinical side of things but not the financial. There is currently no way to record credit card payments if you don't use their system other then the "other" selection. It does not record changes made in the system to the patients payment accounts (ie insurance paid but then took back the money, you delete all record of payment and have to keep a paper copy to remember what happened). While you can make a note on a specific date of service, there is no place to record a financial based note that effects the whole account (ie patient called to complain about whole bill, here is what we did). It would be nice if the system moved something from insurance to patient responsibility only after you record a payment from the insurance, but they system does it whenever so you have to review all invoices to make sure they are truly for the patient to pay. It would be nice if they improved the ease of: viewing patient balance, pull report for what is pending to insurance, re-bill claims to insurance and/or a new insurance, provide tracking in the system so instead of deleting things, you would "back it out", and provided a place to scan outside records so we don't have to keep paper charts with the electronic ones.

monica from Staywell Stress Management

April 2010

Therasoft is a personal assistant for the disorganized therapist!

Overall the program offers the therapist a way to organize his/her work. It helps me to dot my i's and cross my t's so that in the event of an audit I know that I have collected all of the required information. The support staff have been very responsive and willing to take the time to answer questions. Therasoft is a company that is willing to implement the suggestions given by its clients and that it is working to continuously improve their product to provide the best practice management system available.Overall, the Therasoft saves me time and provides with peace of mind that I have all the information I need to have a complete client medical record. I have recommended this program to others and think that as long as the monthly cost stays equal to what I get paid by the insurance for one session then I will continue to be a faithful follower.

Pros

The program is comprehensive-from start to finish. Registering the client is very easy and the forms automatically put information in the system where I need it. The billing is very easy and really is one just one click! The treatment plan section does help simplify and organize my work with clients. The system is very smart and easy to use once you learn all the details and all it has to offer. I'm still discovering new features all the time that helps to make my life easier. INNOVATIVE is the main word to describe this system.

Cons

The calendar squares are too small. I wish that I could click on a client's name and then be in their individual system with a VERTICAL list of their personal info, assessment, tx plan, medication,progress notes, discharge summary, and payments. This would be an easier set up as I often get confused having to click all aroundclient lists when working on one client's information. Therasoft definately needs a medication section with history, dosage, side effects-it would be great if the current med list AUTOMATICALLY populated each progress note and that it could be amended right there instead of having to rewrite the meds each time. I wish that I could view a ROLLING screen of the progress notes instead of having to click between screens from different dates of treatment. Therasoft desperately needs a Help tab to answer quick questions about using certain features. Despite these limitations, I bet these features will be added VERY soon given the responsiveness of the company.

John from John Comcowich, Ph.D.

Industry: Mental Health Care

Therasoft EASILY & COMFORTABLY meets ALL OF MY NEEDS as a solo practitioner. Major Kudos!

It has helped me to be better organized and thus feel less stressed. Having everything now available in my telephone app is the icing on top of the Therasoft cake. The creator of this program and his/her hand picked staff deserve my heartfelt thanks!!!!

Pros

I love how help is so available from the support staff. Not only are they knowledgeable but for less tech-savvy individuals like me, they are patient and provide guidance in a manner that helps build my confidence in going forward. The program is very user-friendly and intuitive. Therasoft has also done an excellent job in providing ( as well as anticipating ) all of the ingredients necessary to run a successful a practice; it is right at your fingertips. The scheduling of appointments, billing, therapy notes, CPT codes, DSM 5 diagnoses, as well as an app for your phone that can provide your entire client list, contact numbers, and daily appointments. They are even introducing video therapy sessions/conferencing and electronic billing (for an additional yearly charge scaled to the size of your practice). In brief, I am totally satisfied and would DEFINITELY encourage any practitioner to try their free 30 day trial......you will NOT be disappointed :-)!!!

Cons

Perhaps, in the future, Therasoft might consider developing a platform to dictate notes and appointments instead of my having to type them (for the computer as well as for the app)......just a thought.

Response from Therasoft Online

Replied March 2018

Hi there! Thank you so much for the kind review we sure appreciate it. I wanted to let you know we do have this option to dictate. Give me a call 888-435-8203, and I can teach you how to-do this. You will need to download dragon dictate and also have you checked out our app? it's called Thersoft download this in your app store on your phone and you can dictate on their as well. Again thank you for the review. We are very excited to be a part of your practice and help you be successful. Petra Vaughn

Michael from Resolutions Therapy LLC

August 2015

Great features, needs work.

It's difficult to think of a more comprehensive software available for therapists to run a private practice, in terms of variability of options for charting, assessments, and treatment plans. It also excels in terms of its intuitive interface from the calendar, which makes it very easy for new therapists to learn. We've been using Therasoft for over three and a half years and, on the whole, have a limited number of complaints, but the complaints we do have are significant. The first problem area would be in terms of tracking aging claims. There is no clear and comprehensive way to manage aging claims in Therasoft. While there are multiple areas to manage claims from within Therasoft, there exists no simple way to manage bulk claims, aside from cobbling together effective methodology from the various reports that Therasoft generates in the form of excel spreadsheets. The second area that I would give Therasoft poor marks in would be in relationship to secondary insurances, as Therasoft offers no mechanism to track secondary insurance claims. While we've developed our own internal procedures for tracking these, it currently can't be done with Therasoft alone. In addition, Therasoft offers its own merchant account for credit card transactions. Unfortunately, Therasoft's merchant account services offer no itemized report for what you are being charged on a per transaction basis. The reports available within Therasoft often seem to disagree with one another and do not always match bank account deposits. While I have called and emailed about this, it has never been fully resolved and remains an ongoing problem. Which leads me to my final criticism. Responsiveness. While I have to give really high marks to Petra, Irina, and Gene over at Therasoft (they are super-helpful for day to day challenges that might arise), problems related to Therasoft's functionality are rarely addressed in a timely manner. Jas is the only person within Therasoft that seems to have the ability to edit, alter, or fix Therasoft when it comes to matters of core functionality, and his responsiveness has become increasingly limited. Therasoft offers a better array of exceptional components than most of the competition does, despite my above complaints, and I still believe they offer enough functionality to make their software my first choice, though I think it worth a prospective customer's time to investigate the needs of their practice before making a decision.

Danielle from Center For Creative Growth

Top Notch Product & Customer Service

Therasoft has made running electronic remittance (ERAs) a breeze between insurance providers. There is a fluidity that makes billing less stressful and easy to manage. Therasoft's layout provides the therapist total command over the note taking, billing and scheduling processes. The customer support works diligently and patiently by your side the first couple weeks until you really feel a sense of mastery with the system. Especially customer service rep has been a dedicated and reliable who has helped me iron out many kinks along the way of starting my business. I have never seen a more stellar customer service team than Therasofts. Never. They are consistent, knowledgable and welcoming assistance any time I've ever called. Their "walk you through" approach is what leads business owners feels competent with the software in no time.

Pros

The ease of understanding processes and flow, user-friendly navigation, the common sense layout, the unbelievably helpful customer service line and the video tools for troubleshooting.

Cons

The billing portal. It would be most helpful if the software system allowed hyperlinks to be pasted into the messages sent on the electronic invoices to clients.

Response from Therasoft Online

Replied October 2018

Thank you for the good feedback, we appreciate it! Also did you know that on the Client billing statement you are able to send an email out to the client with a pay now button? You are also able to send a hyperlink for the patient to be able to pay, call us and we will teach you how. We also have a client portal the client can log in and also pay on their account. Many Thanks Therasot

Melissa from New Perspectives Counseling Services

THERASOFT IS A LIFE SAVER FOR A SOLO PRACTIONER

see above

Pros

* offers so many administrative, billing, and clinical tools that help me stay organized and manage my time well * has EXCELLENT customer support, which is essential for a solo practioner with limited computer skills; they are friendly, patient, and helpful to resolve issues * is HIPPA compliant * is very affordable and cost effective * could transition to electronic records and utilize different components of the program at my own pace

Cons

* when i started, the video tutorials on how to use the different tools were minimal and i relied heavily on customer support; thankfully, this has changed over the months; step-by-step teaching tutorials are very helpful in learning how to use this comprehensive system; this along side the excellent customer support greatly reduces the frustration and the ability to stick with the learning process * the accounting program is functional but somewhat confusing, especially the ability to track client payments

Robert from Robert Jensen PLLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

I have used this system for over a year. I honestly don't have any complaints about this system.

Easy to use and allows me to focus on other priorities

Pros

I like having everything bundled with one company. I like the convenience that this service provides having access to records on any device connected to the internet without having the records stored on that device. I think they go far beyond my expectations for any customer service with the time they took teaching me about the system all the way through. I can still contact my customer service rep today and she would be there to answer any of my questions. The system is easy to use and includes absolutely everything I need for my small private practice from website, records, I can store educational materials, They have added hippa compliant video services but I have not used them, I can even let them become my billing department and have yet to have any issues with insurance.

Cons

I wasn't a fan of the mobile app, it just felt different to me but I can very easily open it up in a web browser on any device so not that big of a deal.

Response from Therasoft Online

Replied September 2017

Hi Robert! Thanks for taking the time to review the software. Working with you has been great! Tiffany

Sally from Sally Markley LPC

Industry: Mental Health Care

Efficient use of data from registration, to notes to billing.

Pros

Efficient use of record keeping. Easy accessibility with the phone app. I appreciate how you can add insurance instead of only having a record of one insurance. I appreciate how the Therasoft includes insurance feedback about amount paid and amount owed for each session.

Cons

More efficiency. There are multiple clicks. So when I click regarding registration, I wait a while before I can click bill insurance. I wonder if any of the buttons can be grouped or quicker without delay? Its hard dealing with any lag time at the end of the day or between doing other tasks. I would also appreciate more efficiency when I call for help. Most often someone is not available and when I can a call back-its at a random time and the person does not address my question over voice mail, nor gives me a specific time that I can reach that person. So theres some frustration around accessibility for help. Once I reach someone, the service is great.

Deborah from Therapy

Excellent Integrated Softward with Amazing Customer Support for Psychotherapy Notes and Billing

We are extremely pleased with Therasoft and highly recommend their software package and support services to our colleagues in the business of providing quality mental health services.

Pros

Therasoft offers a unique package that includes client demographics, attendance, calendar, notification and billing capabilities. Medical records forms are customizable and efficiently generated. Customer support for all phases of the product from software customization to insurance billing and follow-up is excellent. Utilizing their integrated billing and claims management services have resulted in our business receiving steady income that increases cash flow dramatically. In particular, services by our dedicated claims representative [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has helped our start-up to get to the next level in our service provision and financial strength.

Cons

We have not identified any downside to utilizing this software package with customer support for integrated client management and insurance billing.

Reasons for Choosing Therasoft Online

Excellent customer support and professional integrated billing offered us the best deal out there.

Nancy from Impact Behavioral Health

I depend on Therasoft Online to run my practice. I have been using it for 8+ years.

Ease of use for staff and clients. I have gone from a solo practice to a group practice using it. I am in process of having my group practice acquired by another company and hope they will continue to use it.

Pros

It does so many things from documenting the client's first contact to the initial assessment to the treatment plan and the progress notes. It allows me to send text message reminders which the client's love. I have not implemented the tele-mental health program yet but know it is there. I now have gone paper free and have all information scanned in to the documents and notes tabs.

Cons

The main weakness has been with A/R (accounts receivable) but now they have a service for that area and I am trying it out.

Response from Therasoft Online

Replied August 2017

Thank you so much for the wonderful review, and also being a customer for over 8 years, We sure appreciate you! I am glad that you are trying out the A/R program, I believe you will see amazing things. Best, Petra

Laura from Heartfelt Christian Counseling

Industry: Mental Health Care

We have been using Therasoft since 2012, it works well for our practice.

It takes care of all the requirements to keep client notes for the state of Texas. It also handles a number of insurance companies and their required filing and payments.

Pros

It has consistently improved over the years. This is important because the electronic environment has changed as well. With changes in electronics and in state laws, Therasoft has maintained the ability to change with the environment.

Cons

Sometimes the system runs rather slow. I would blame my WiFi system, but this is a true statement for more than one WiFi system. But overall, it is an excellent program.

Response from Therasoft Online

Replied August 2017

Thank you so much for the great review, give us a call and we can look at possibly why it is running slow for you. We always strive to make things run faster, maybe we can do some changes on our side to make things run smoother. Give us a call at 888-435-8203 and talk to a support staff we are always so excited to help someone out. Thank you for being such a loyal customer all these years!

September 2014

John J from John J Grimaud, MA, LPC, LCSW

September 2014

Therasoft Online Works for Me

For most of my career, I have not had to deal with the nuts and bolts of a private therapy practice. I had either been employed by a group that provided all support services, or I contracted with a practice management service which did everything for me. All I had to do was my clinical work. But with the ever shrinking reimbursements from insurance companies, I was forced to cut overhead costs in order to make it in a private practice. That is where Therasoft Online has been a life saver! Therasoft Online is a comprehensive practice management service that allows me to do my own scheduling, billing, bookkeeping, digital therapy notes, practice analysis, report writing, referral source maintenance, client communication and more that I have yet to discover, all from my office computer, or from any computer with a secure internet connection. I am able to save from $450 to $700 each month by doing tasks that I used to pay for without Therasoft Online. Depending on my work load, which ranges from 30-42 clients each week, I spend 2 to 5 hours per week on my practice business,, most done from home on weekends or after hours. And I can get a lot done in those open hours between appointments! There is a lot to learn about practice management, and I was totally "green" to this aspect of my work. I have to say that I have proven to be a slow study in becoming familiar with the many aspects of "running this railroad". The Therasoft system was at first very confusing, complex and at times intimidating to me. Someone with a better starting familiarity with office procedures would likely have less difficulty than I did. But the support staff at Therasoft Online has been VERY responsive to my needs, and have been very patient with helping me learn the system. Therasoft pricing is what really sold me on the service. If I want it, I can opt in for more hands-on management of insurance claims and follow-ups, but at less expense than I had before. I recommend Therasoft Online to any Private Mental Health Practice, regardless of size. I am a sole provider, but the same services that I enjoy are available to group practices also.

Melanie from Melanie Epp Counseling, PLLC

August 2015

I love having every aspect of my practice in one place!

I've used Therasoft Online for several years and I'm very happy overall. There are many pros, but I appreciate knowing my HIPPA compliance is covered. I love having insurance filing be so quick and easy. All billing payments, whether from insurance or credit cards, are automatically credited to the client's account. That is a huge time saver! I love the 1 page attendance, payment, insurance file, progress note. Perfect! In terms of customer service, Jas, Irina and Petra have been responsive and wonderful! Others seem to need more training to be able to answer questions. The credit card processing rates are fair, as are Therasoft's fees. There is cheaper software, but they don't seem to include as many features. I believe Therasoft covers everything. Overall, my only con is that it's often not aesthetically pleasing, but I feel that its getting somewhat better. Buttons/boxes/fonts/colors/flow of use are not very elegant or intuitive. There is a huge learning curve in using it! I'll be specific about other cons, in hopes that they can be easily changed. I'd like to find tutorial videos for all the features (i.e. how to set up groups/sessions-it's confusing). I'd like a photo to pop up of each type of report. They have similar names and I have to create many before I find the one layout I need. The reports could also be more aesthetically pleasing. Sessions can't be deleted without first deleting the payment then going to the attendance tab and deleting again. I'd like to see attendance be cancelled/deleted while the payment is maintained/moved to deposit. Sessions can't be deleted from the mobile app. There was a time when my insurance claims were being hung up in Emdeon and I had no knowledge of Emdeon or it's role - again a tutorial would be good. I lost money in this situation. Maybe if a claim gets hung up there, an alert would appear in Therasoft notifying that something needed to be addressed. I would like to be able to customize my website myself (like I could do with Intuit) Having access to a templet where I could post seasonal announcements, change photos, etc. would be great!

Annie from MN Counseling And Couples Center

Therasoft Online Review

Therasoft Help Center is always on top of addressing tickets. Our rep is AMAZING!!!!! Wonderful support, extremely knowledgeable and very helpful. She has OUTSTANDING customer skills. She gets back to you immediately, her follow through is great. I always ask for her if I need assistance or have an issue arise. She is WONDERFUL!!!!

Pros

User Friendly Secure Many options Always updating and adding new features

Cons

Would like the assessments client codes to go directly to the clients and not have the therapist responsible for emailing the clients their codes.

Response from Therasoft Online

Replied January 2019

Hi there, Thank you for the great review! The reason Therasoft does not send out the code is because then it is not secure, if someone was to get into the email then they would have access to the information so this is why you have to give them the code separately. Did you know that you can have the client sign into the portal and fill it out as well? Call the support team (888)-435-8203 and they can walk you through this process as well. The portal allows them to do the assessment through a secure portal that is compliant for security. Thank you.

Jerome from Legacy Psychological Services

August 2015

Our first EHR, like the clinical and billing capabilities, but some problems still not fixed.

We like the combination of clinical and billing features, thus streamlining our processes. Problems with supervisor signatures lines appearing on fully licensed psychologist's Standard progress notes when printed have not been corrected in TWO YEARS in spite of promises, "The developers are working on it." For those of us using your back office enchanced billing, I would like to see reports (graph and text) showing the $ health of the clinical practice and collections: re total $ collections, ratio of $ and % of collections to $ and % of collectibles , $ and % of write-offs and adjustments, outstanding AR, average collected per CPT code. Also, current progress notes do not have a non-billable, non-attendance option for a note (e.g., content of phone conversation) that would appear chronologically with all the other progress notes. There should be that option. When we started up in July 2015, we were advised that it would be quite possible to combine our old AR with the new Therasoft AR, even though our old AR had to be manually entered for each established patient. This was a FIASCO and cost us thousands of dollars in lost AR and problems with maintaining the good will of our clients because of billing errors. We followed Jas' advice but he over-promised. Advise your clients to bring a balance forward from the old AR and leave it at that. We are just now recovering from that problem from four years ago! This problem also undermined our confidence in Therasoft's ability to deliver on promises. I would also like to learn more about Therasoft's reporting capabilities. Perhaps an advanced practice training for experienced users who can come together face to face and learn of the program's other capabilities when it comes to managing a practice, reviewing the financials, , streamlining reports, etc. Your enchanced billing collection fees are reasonable. We have decided to use this service because of the redundancy built into your staffing capabilities, Gene and staff working hard in getting our AR down and more current, and following up on problem accounts.

Taurus from Integrity Counseling & Wellness, LLC

Everything a clinician needs for practice management

Being able to run and manage my practice more efficiently.

Pros

Being able to do everything to run my practice from appointments, documentation, marketing, and billing. I have tried several other software programs prior to Therasoft Online and had to piece mill other programs to make it all work. With Therasoft I don't have to use any other program to fulfill my needs. My clients like the ability to register and schedule their own appointments for convenience. I like the ability to have online sessions for clients that cannot travel to the office. The mobile app for clinicians is very user friendly and provides more features than other softwares I have used. Whenever I have a question or problem the team is readily available and responsive.

Cons

The price is a little higher than other EHR software, however the features are worth it in the end.

Response from Therasoft Online

Replied August 2017

Hi Taurus, Thank you so much for the review. We truly value your thoughts! Thanks, Tiffany

Sally from Sally Markley

Great & Improvements are needed

The pros - its the best software out there at this time. -helpers are friendly and some are very informative and responsive -love that it receives info back from insurance regarding payments. Cons -The delay in response times to tickets in unacceptable. There have been times when there was no response. I wish there was no ticket system. counselors are on a crunch time schedule and to pay a lot of money and to not have the person who answers the call help you- is very irritating. -Its disappointing that the syncing device is very limited. Its mostly limited to calendar and payment. Theres no ability to delete an appt in order to make another one. -Its hard to record a canceled appt in the calendar and scheduled appt in the same slot. This makes it unclear for record keeping. So calendar needs to be able to hold to appts per slot. -Case note needs improving- to include auto set what type of note and to allow for some prefabricated sentences. Like appt scheduled in one week. -Sometimes something in the summarized report doesn't match the data of the client and Im not sure why, but Ive had to call a few times to have it manually changed -I need to search clients by first name as an option to last name. -Over all there needs to be a decrease to the number of clicks, but I love the "to do" info that displays on each appt in the calendar. -I wish there was an option to self-identify additional numbers, like- Husband, daughter, etc. Often I have children as a client and can only put in cell and home phone. This is not convenient, as theres no way to record who's cell number that is. _AZ requires that each form has a confidentiality statement: *** Confidential contains Privileged Communication protected under A.R.S. 32-3283 and ***Federal Confidentiality Rules (42 CFR Part 2 & 45 CFR Parts 160 & 164) Unauthorized disclosure is prohibited***So I recommend leaving a template notation area for forms.

Tim from TriCord Counseling

Industry: Mental Health Care

Therasoft keeps me in business.

When I began with Therasoft, I was owed thousands of dollars in insurance claims and had no idea how to resolve it. I needed to 'go digital' in my systems and TS was there to walk me through the training and help me receive payment. Reps are life savers and keep me sane in my work. I am a loyal customer as a software system is only as good as the people that support it. It is worthy every penny!

Pros

Therasoft has amazing customer support and is easy to use once you train with their tutorials. The phone app allows me to manage my client load once entered into the system. From intake to insurance claims, Therasoft handles all my needs and makes my life easier. I cannot imagine trying to run my business without it.

Cons

Training takes some time but is very rewarding. The support is always there to answer questions and resolve issues.

Leslie from Whiting Counseling

The support system is excellent.

Pros

The ease of using it. It has everything. I need at my finger tips. I can look at a glance to see client status. That they attended session, they paid for session and notes on session completed. I can easily see outstanding balances on individual clients as well as over all summary of outstanding money owed. I do not take insurance so I can not comment on that part of the program however it looks straight forward as far as ease.

Response from Therasoft Online

Replied September 2017

Hello Leslie! Thank you for taking the time to review the software. We've enjoyed the journey with you for the last 7 years and hope to enjoy the NEXT 7 with you as well! Tiffany

Kathy from Social Coaching Club, Inc.

Industry: Mental Health Care

Excellent product, excellent customer service

Pros

The product is very user friendly. The price point is excellent. Customer service has always been extremely accommodating - knowledgeable, friendly, and go above-and-beyond what would be expected.

Cons

Our only complaint has been the inability to add in customized forms such as in-take, treatment forms, etc.

Response from Therasoft Online

Replied September 2017

Hi Kathy! Thanks for taking the time to review the software, We have recently added a feature to allow the clients to complete and sign customized intake forms. I've just sent you an email regarding this. We value our users opinions and try to accommodate the needs of our users whenever possible, I hope you enjoy your day! Tiffany

Mary from VR-1 Psychological Solutions, PLLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

Without this software and the people supporting it, my practice would suffer greatly.

My practice is efficient and I am able to handle all aspects of practice management.

Pros

Ease of use, multifunctionality, and the support staff in the A/R department; without them, I would suffer financially, as my focus remains on my clients as opposed to my earnings. Without their efforts and consistent support, I would know little to nothing about what is needed in order to submit claims and deal with insurance companies.

Cons

Given that I employ the calendar for both professional and personal use, I'd like to have the ability to more easily overlap sessions and personal events.

Michael from Action Counseling, LLC

Therasoft works very well, lots of reports and easy to use.

Pros

The scheduling is easy, good reports , over the years many new features have been added making it more useful.

Cons

The only con I would state is being able to review past notes. There are a lot of clicks to go from note to note.

Response from Therasoft Online

Replied August 2017

Hi there! Thank you for the great review, we always love to hear the good things and even the things that you are struggling with, this makes Therasoft a much better software because we are hear to listen to you and meet the needs we can. Call us on our support line and we could help you with the viewing of prior notes, maybe even make a change that makes things easier for you. Our number is 888-435-8203. Petra Petra

sandal from consultation & counseling associates

therasoft review

complete and comprehensive application, not user friendly, reports are difficult and is not rendered in clear narrative much corrections are needed by user. Too much time spent entering info and correcting info into readable narrative.

Pros

mobile features (dictation and notes via mobile device

Cons

too complicated, not user friendly. Treatment plans and assessments does not measure up to other practice management programs.

Alicia from Reflections Psychotherapy, LLC

Excellent Service

We have recommended this product / service to many clinicians in our area.

Pros

We especially like the ability to enter, store and retrieve documents and information on the electronic record.

Cons

Can be a bit cumbersome setting up insurers, coordinating emdeon and insurer electronic filing and payment process. But once it is in place, it is great.

Response from Therasoft Online

Replied August 2017

Thank you for the referrals and also the great review, we know at times there can be some roadblocks and that is why we are here to help you through those. We appreciate you as a customer and love the feedback makes us grow as a team and so does the software. Best, Petra

Etolia from New Bern Family Counseling, PLLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

using Therasoft since April 2016. it is a very functional full practice management product.

Therasoft helps me stay organized. I love one platform for documentation, billing, etc.

Pros

I love the availability and responsiveness of customer services. there are many templates for most any type of client interaction. this product is just perfect for a single provider or a growing practice.

Cons

the treatment plans a little tedious to complete. iIthink that product can do sooo much, it is a bit overwhelming initially and takes some time to customize it for my practice...but that is a pro too

Response from Therasoft Online

Replied August 2017

Thank you for the great review, we understand the treatment plan has a lot of details and sometimes it can be overwhelming but we do have suggestions on the treatment plan to help you save time, if you need help with this please call our support team at 888-435-8203.

Debi from The Oaks Life Center

Billing, clinical documentation, marketing, scheduling.....Therasoft helps do it all successfully.

Pros

The customer service is excellent. Every single person we have worked with has been amazing. They are professional, available and respond quickly every time. They have gone above and beyond in assisting us in successfully using the program to our benefit.

Cons

The deposit account has caused some issues for us. Probably a user issue, not a system issue. I would prefer just a client credit account that would not prohibit us from entering in any insurance payment when we need to.

Response from Therasoft Online

Replied September 2017

Hi Debi, It has sincerely been a pleasure working with your office! If you can, please email me some times you're available to chat about how you might be able to make the deposit account work better for the practice. Tiffany

April 2012

Priscilla from Hansen-Cohen Associates in Psychology, Inc.

April 2012

Best up-and-coming software for Psychologists and Mental Healthcare Workers!!!

We have been using TheraSoft for approximately a year now and have been very pleased with its overall performance. You cannot beat their outstanding customer service and software features for such a great price! I highly recommend trying this company out.

Pros

*Excellent customer service with quick response time to your questions and concerns. If they do not have an answer to your question, they research it until they do and follow-up with you quickly. *Amazing competitive rates. *Great software features such as, but not limited to: Direct links to pre-register your patients from your website, easy-to-use scheduling calendar, inter-office messaging system, ability to upload patient records and insurance cards, ability to keep track of authorizations and pre-certifications, and the ability to charge patient's credit cards directly through TheraSoft with First Data Merchant. *Iphone app *Remote access to your patients' accounts no matter where you are at. *Extremely user-friendly filing of electronic or paper claims submission.

Cons

*The accounting reports could be better in regards to end of month reporting (insurance plus patient payments). *Billing statements can be very time consuming if you deal with a lot of divorced parents and have to seperate the bill up between parties. *Sometimes the authorization tracking system is off and inaccurate and it does not alert you when you are low on visits.

Amy from Assessment Consultants

Calendar, therapy notes, and assessments are easy to use on both phone and computer.

Pros

Notes, calendar, and assessments- easy to use. There is an option to confirm attendance, write note, and submit billing within one screen.

Cons

Difficult to set up billing, not easy to resolve issues or track. It is also difficult to submit secondary claims.

Response from Therasoft Online

Replied January 2018

Hi there, Thank you for the review. I understand the issue with transmission of secondary is because of the process of how secondary can be billed, the insurance company however changes the claim number when the first claim goes through so they require a mailed hcfa to the secondary. Also I believe that you have some issues with Medicare that can be resolved with some changes to how your credentialed. We know have a credentialing department that can help you with these changes if you are interested. Please give us a call so we can help you get this resolved. 888-435-8203. Again thank you for your feedback.

Mark from Mark Young, LPC

I am most appreciative of the continued improvements made to the site.

Pros

I like the pre-registration feature, claims management, integrated website, merchant account, documentation features - but mostly I like the support. One tech, Tiffany P. has been particularly helpful!

Cons

A list of suggested diagnostic codes based on intake questionnaires and assessments would be nice. There isn't much not to like!

Response from Therasoft Online

Replied August 2017

Hi Mark! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to many more years of working with you! Misty

Cynthia from Santa Monica Family Consultants

Overall excellent

The software saves me time in terms of running my practice.

Pros

Ease of use, I find that it is easy to navigate and in general, it has all the functions that I need. I find the software primarily excellent for my practice needs.

Cons

I would like to see more variety of reports, specifically assessment and treatment that are not so lengthy. It would be great to have an option to have a pre-registration for families.

Tim from Timothy L Hope PhD LLC

I find the system very easy to use, I can access it from anywhere, and I really appreciate support.

It allows me to focus on my clinical work and makes running the business as easy as possible from the practice management side.

Pros

Simple, secure, cloud-based, comprehensive practice management software makes my work much easier to do on a daily basis, and allows me to focus on the clinical work.

Cons

Half-jokingly, I wish that it could do my paperwork for me! It also cannot demystify the insurance world with all of its ins and outs.

Susie from UPSA

Amazing Company!

We have used Therasoft Online for over 8 years and the company continues to adds benefits for providers and office support. There is flexibility with the notes, scheduling, and session types. Again, amazing company to have as our online office management system.

Pros

Easy to use, great support staff, and affordable!

Cons

Nothing yet. The tutorials are helpful when I have questions and the office staff is extremely responsive.

Guy from Jeanty Counseling & Consulting, LLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

Easy to use but could be a bit more intuitive in design. Customer support is 5 Star all the way.

Easy to process most of my payments.

Pros

Everyone I've spoken with have been courteous and knowledgeable. one od the Customer support representative in particular has been very accommodating and scheduling meetings for me to learn and get better at using the software. I really appreciate her professionalism. I declined several other EHR systems (Simple Practice, Therapynotes etc.) because they did not have support staff I could verbally speak with.

Cons

The registration process is not hard but I think in some ways could be a bit more intuitive. At times figuring out the payment processing part can be a little confusing but I think as I get more familiar with it that will change. Figuring out the online video counseling was a little more difficult than I expected. My clients had a hard time with it. Perhaps this is an area for improvement. Dealing with the pop ups or disabling pops was a pretty long process. The long email I received though helpful was an immediate turn off, because my first reaction was "Oh no, this is long and detailed email." But I was able to have the online session with my client. Another point to consider, I have had two or three experiences when I did call Therasoft but could not get anybody and 1 or 2 individuals who could not answer my questions, but I did not lose confidence because of my previous positive experiences with representative and other staff.

Keri from Keri Powell Therapy

I've been using Therasoft for my business for seven years now, and I'm very pleased.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes it runs a bit slow for me when I'm in a hurry. These periods of it running slow don't seem to last long though.

Response from Therasoft Online

Replied October 2017

Thank you Keri! We've loved working with you throughout the years and look forward to many more!

Marcia from Islands Counseling, LLC

Great customer support, innovative

Ease of use, ability to file insurance and record notes quickly.

Pros

I like that I can do everything from one screen when I am writing notes, filing insurance, recording payments and recording attendance.

Cons

There is so much that I can do on it, that I still haven't learned all of its capabilities. The reports area is confusing to me. I don't know which one does what.

June 2016

Dr Mary from VR-1 Psychological Solutions

June 2016

Wonderful product, fabulous staff, and constant improvements - great software!

From the inception of my experience with Therasoft, the responsiveness, concern, and level of support delivered has always been exemplary. A company is always much more than it's product; it must be backed by capable and caring individuals with a eye toward the future. This is what I have found in Therasoft, and is the primary reason for my loyalty.

Pros

Ease of scheduling and billing.

Cons

Inability to easily schedule overlapping events.

Laurel from Laurel S. Hart, ACSW

April 2010

Great for solo practitioner!

I have looked at several systems, but nothing as comprehensive as this for mental health professionals. Throw in the available HIPAA guide and you really have all that you need for practice management. I am currently talking with other mental health professionals about using it.

Pros

I am a solo practitioner who does it all: I screen, do the intake and see my clients. I also do all the billing and send statements when necessary. I like to keep it simple, so I know that I do not use all the features I could in this program. I love how it is web-based, because if I don't get the notes or insurance filing done at the office, I can do it at home. This helps me remain flexible and available for my family's needs.

Cons

I wish I had more training on it before I moved my practice and started using it, because I am so busy that I don't always get back to the areas I am having problems with. However, that is more a negative about me and how I need to request more training time than an actual problem with Therasoft online. I do wish that when I am entering in an Attendance of a session and then move to Payment screen that I'd still be in that client's file and not have to re-enter that client in the Payments page (and again in the Progress Notes page). You really have to pay attention or you might pay on the wrong person.

Leslie from Whiting Counseling

Everything I need in one simple program

I have been using therasoft online for about 6 years now. The customer service is excellent and the quality of the program meets all of my professional needs. I can set appointments, clients payments, keep clients progress notes, intake forms, assessment. Everything I need to be in compliance and keep records secure.

Pros

Everything I need in one simple to learn and use program