All Therasoft Online Reviews

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Timely Therasoft Online

pleased and satisfied with the ease of and quality of t.o.

PROS

Ease of use and well designed with current aplications

CONS

Need more hands on simulation initial training instructional videos. T

Carolyn

Reviewed February 2019

The absolute best Mental Health EHR on the market!

Overall, I just love Therasoft Online. They have streamlined, organized, and enabled me to complete and monitor clinical and administrative tasks with efficiency and ease. This has allowed me to focus and spend more time on what I love and do best....provide therapy to some really awesome people.

PROS

I have been using Therasoft Online for the past 8 years. I am long overdue in giving them my two thumbs up. I can not begin to express how pleased I am with this software. Therasoft Online offers a big product to the small private practitioner. It is a high-end software at an affordable price. Therasoft Online is comprehensive in terms the numerous features that it offers (i.e., registering, scheduling, assessing, documenting, storing, billing, reporting, sending auto-reminders, integrating social media/web marketing, and incorporating HIPPA compliant email, apps, and teletherapy, to name a few). Therasoft Online keeps my practice current and enables me to offer my clients state-of-the art technology to enhance their experience. I think one of the things that I love the most about Therasoft Online is the fact that my practice has been able to change and grow over the years...and I've never needed to change my EHR system. I started as a sole practitioner in Texas, expanded my practice to the US Virgin Islands, and grew into a group practice. Therasoft Online made all of my transitions seamless. From support team, I have always received excellent and competent service. It actually feels as if we are part of the same team. I have recommended Therasoft Online to ALL of my colleagues...it's the least I can do for a company that has been more than good to me. They have my highest recommendation.

CONS

I really love the apps, but would like more functionality and integration. I am unable to see my client's secure messages and I can not see appointments confirmed by the client.

Asha

Reviewed August 2022

Tired of submitting tickets for repeat fixes needed for lost clinician signatures & client data

Overall, Therasoft does the job but with greatly anticipated trepidation by our clinicians and trainees that important client information or their signatures will be lost or inaccurate. (the tendency for biopsychosocial to keep filling in check boxes of information not entered by client or clinician). Unfortunately, our trainees like our clinical approach and training, but word has gotten out on the training circuit about our use of Therasoft, especially its nonintuitive and cumbersome documentation and tendency to lose client information. Many trainees that we had two years ago are surprised that others in their program are still running into similar problems with Therasoft.

PROS

Customizable features, initial person-to-person support around glitches, and helpful creation of forms. It was great to request having our treatment plans populate into our progress notes. A feature that was not initially there when we started with Therasoft. It was also great to be able to incorporate our measures/questionnaires into our biopsychosocial. Ability to limit the number of forms clinicians could access. Ability to incorporate intake screening and new client registration on our website. Ability to schedule and meet with client via laptop or phone.

CONS

It's many simple yet consistent glitches, it's outdated training videos, and customer service that was often limited to submitting multiple tickets for the same thing over and over again and being asked if we cleared our cache. No other EHR has mentioned needing to clear out a cache in order to work properly. Therasoft isn't a program you can leave alone and feel your workflow is flowing. It's a complex system that requires administrative babysitting. It is not an intuitive program and has a steep learning curve. We were able to set up a review meeting, and we are hoping we are able to get our recommendations heard and updated, but we will see. We were told that we will be emailed a list of all of our requested updates and concerns but haven't received it yet. I'm really anticipating that they will require me to submit a ticket for each of 20+ requests, lol. I will keep you posted.

Reason for choosing Therasoft Online

The pricing and the customizable forms, the ability to do teletherapy and document groups and individual therapy, and the ability to have supervisors sign off on trainee notes.

Annie

Reviewed September 2018

Liking Therasoft more and more after more than a year

I am the sole practitioner in my private practice and use Therasoft for storing client data, electronic billing, tracking and billing for co-pays, text or email reminders to clients about appointments, and encrypted emails for confidential information. Therasoft works FOR me - because Therasoft works WITH me!

PROS

1. Customer service is patient, straight forward, individualized and makes a consistent effort to be responsive. 2. Over the past year, Therasoft has made changes to their staffing system to increase availability after hours - which is especially important to me as there is a significant time difference between our respective locations. 3. There is no pressure to add more services than you need. They genuinely want customers to have the best fit which is, of course, a great customer service strategy but with Therasoft it's not just for show. 4. They have been open to scheduling regular weekly phone consults with me for as much or as little time as I need. If our rep - whom I consult with - is not able to make it, she notifies me ahead of time. Our consults are goal directed but have a personal warmth that I value and have come to trust. 5. THERE IS NO AUTOMATED VOICEMAIL SYSTEM with irrelevant mandatory options but not the ones you need and no way to access a human being. Usually I reach someone directly and that availability has now increased. If the answering service picks up, it can be a little frustrating - even when I've been frustrated and called repeatedly, Therasoft staff have been professional and focused on problem-solving.

CONS

Occasionally, there are technological problems that can only be resolved by the developers. In fairness, these tech problems have been minor (not major - no lost notes, files, whole narratives). One of these problems was resolved only after about 6 months. I was persistent about it and appreciated that my persistence was treated in a matter of fact manner rather than an irritant. Admittedly, I wondered if they were really working on it. But then, one day, it was resolved - no fanfare, just fixed.

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to Review our Company. I am sorry you had some difficulties with your documentation. We have made some changes for autosave so if there is any internet connection or other problems our system will autosave what you have completed up to that point. Glad you are able to make the software work for all your needs to do the job you love. Many Thanks, Petra

Replied October 2018

Reviewed January 2020

Disappointed

Disappointed doesn't begin to state the way I feel about this company. In the beginning they were awesome. Now not so much at this time. To begin with it is very expensive for what you get. Next customer service is lack luster to say the least. Every time I call most of the time my issue is not resolved and I am told I will check on that and get back to you. The majority of the time nobody does get back to me, which brings me to the next problem I have. I was paying a substantial amount of money for them to do my billing. In 2018 and into 2019 (the dates could be wrong) it did not get done on time by the individual who was working on my account. This cost me thousands of dollars and all I got was I am working on this (by the new person). They did take some money off of my one bill, but I never collected on all the claims that were not filed in a timely manner. This was on Therasoft so why did I have to eat the loss? Of course that fell on deaf ears. I have been with this company since I began my practice which is now 6 years. All of this time I have been on autopay. 12/19 I see the inv. which I received on the 15th of the month. On the 30th I receive an email stating that they are going to suspend my account for non-payment. So I call and of course AGAIN nobody is around to address the issue, but was told that the girl that handles would get back to me either by phone or email that never happened. I am out $$$ and patience.

PROS

It is good for clinical documentation.

CONS

Difficulty with splitting payments Slow speed and I thought it was just my WIFI, but it is the same no matter what wifi I use Poor problem resolution Unable to address other specific situations Unable to pull a list of progress notes for all clients

Reason for choosing Therasoft Online

I thought it was a good value. It is not

monica

Reviewed April 2010

Therasoft is a personal assistant for the disorganized therapist!

Overall the program offers the therapist a way to organize his/her work. It helps me to dot my i's and cross my t's so that in the event of an audit I know that I have collected all of the required information. The support staff have been very responsive and willing to take the time to answer questions. Therasoft is a company that is willing to implement the suggestions given by its clients and that it is working to continuously improve their product to provide the best practice management system available.Overall, the Therasoft saves me time and provides with peace of mind that I have all the information I need to have a complete client medical record. I have recommended this program to others and think that as long as the monthly cost stays equal to what I get paid by the insurance for one session then I will continue to be a faithful follower.

PROS

The program is comprehensive-from start to finish. Registering the client is very easy and the forms automatically put information in the system where I need it. The billing is very easy and really is one just one click! The treatment plan section does help simplify and organize my work with clients. The system is very smart and easy to use once you learn all the details and all it has to offer. I'm still discovering new features all the time that helps to make my life easier. INNOVATIVE is the main word to describe this system.

CONS

The calendar squares are too small. I wish that I could click on a client's name and then be in their individual system with a VERTICAL list of their personal info, assessment, tx plan, medication,progress notes, discharge summary, and payments. This would be an easier set up as I often get confused having to click all aroundclient lists when working on one client's information. Therasoft definately needs a medication section with history, dosage, side effects-it would be great if the current med list AUTOMATICALLY populated each progress note and that it could be amended right there instead of having to rewrite the meds each time. I wish that I could view a ROLLING screen of the progress notes instead of having to click between screens from different dates of treatment. Therasoft desperately needs a Help tab to answer quick questions about using certain features. Despite these limitations, I bet these features will be added VERY soon given the responsiveness of the company.

Reviewed March 2018

Therasoft EASILY & COMFORTABLY meets ALL OF MY NEEDS as a solo practitioner. Major Kudos!

It has helped me to be better organized and thus feel less stressed. Having everything now available in my telephone app is the icing on top of the Therasoft cake. The creator of this program and his/her hand picked staff deserve my heartfelt thanks!!!!

PROS

I love how help is so available from the support staff. Not only are they knowledgeable but for less tech-savvy individuals like me, they are patient and provide guidance in a manner that helps build my confidence in going forward. The program is very user-friendly and intuitive. Therasoft has also done an excellent job in providing ( as well as anticipating ) all of the ingredients necessary to run a successful a practice; it is right at your fingertips. The scheduling of appointments, billing, therapy notes, CPT codes, DSM 5 diagnoses, as well as an app for your phone that can provide your entire client list, contact numbers, and daily appointments. They are even introducing video therapy sessions/conferencing and electronic billing (for an additional yearly charge scaled to the size of your practice). In brief, I am totally satisfied and would DEFINITELY encourage any practitioner to try their free 30 day trial......you will NOT be disappointed :-)!!!

CONS

Perhaps, in the future, Therasoft might consider developing a platform to dictate notes and appointments instead of my having to type them (for the computer as well as for the app)......just a thought.

Hi there! Thank you so much for the kind review we sure appreciate it. I wanted to let you know we do have this option to dictate. Give me a call 888-435-8203, and I can teach you how to-do this. You will need to download dragon dictate and also have you checked out our app? it's called Thersoft download this in your app store on your phone and you can dictate on their as well. Again thank you for the review. We are very excited to be a part of your practice and help you be successful. Petra Vaughn

Replied March 2018

Kristen

Reviewed December 2019

Practical Features and Great Customer Service

PROS

The software helps me stay organized in my practice by having scheduling, billing/payment, and charting all in one easy location. I use it daily and one of my favorite features is the email or text reminder option for clients as it has helped to cut down on missed appointments. I've rarely had questions over the two years I have used it, but when I do, the customer service response is quick and professional.

CONS

The feature for providing superbills to a client's family member (alternative email) was tricky to use at first.

Reason for choosing Therasoft Online

Had a more personal customer service feel.

Linda

Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2023

title

very good

PROS

easy use, accessible, only used IT once and it appeared to be quick response

CONS

could have learned more before started, would like to have more knowledge about different parts to assist with daily use

Thank you for your review! We would love to set up a time to meet with you and go over more parts of Therasoft, You can directly email me at Petra@therasoft.com and I will send you my scheduling link. Good Day!

Replied August 2023

Alicia

Human Resources, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2023

PROFESSIONAL OPINION OF EHR

OVERALL EXPERIENCE WAS GOOD, BUT WE NEEDED A DIFFERENT SYSTEM FOR WHAT WE NEEDED TO DO WITH THE EHR

PROS

IT WAS EASY TO DO PROGRESS NOTES, USER FRIENDLY

CONS

WAS MORE DIFFICULT TO USE IN ASSESSMENT FOR MENTAL HEALTH CLIENTS

Reviewed January 2016

Excellent, simple and intuitive software, and great people to work with.

Simply put, since I made the decision to utilize Therasoft, my productivity has gone up by an average of 6-7 clients per week. Therasoft removes the frustration of dealing with insurance, posting payments, etc., and allows me to focus on marketing and on providing sound, quality care. They are excellent people to work with, and many have been or are in the helping field themselves, which help provide a strong degree of empathy with my work needs. The progress note templates and treatment plan templates are excellent, their website services are equally excellent, and the calendar and appointment reminder elements to the software are fantastic. My clients appreciate the reminders sent via text or email or both. For clients who choose to file super-bills themselves or have out of network requests, Therasoft makes that process simple as well. Literally, with the click of a button, you can send a super bill, send out billing statements, keep track of referral sources, etc. Essentially, there isn't a business need for billing, documentation, appointment setting/keeping/reminding that Therasoft has not been able to help me with. The transition from DSM IV to V was made far less stressful with Therasoft's reverse engineered tool to find ICD-10 codes according to DSM IV codes. The only con I've experienced is their server gets overloaded at times, so logging in or saving information can be delayed a bit, but a quick browser refresh tends to solve that issue. The other con is that I, like many of us when we first start out on our own, tried to cut cost and do all the billing myself. However, as I previously stated, with the extra clients I'm able to see as a result of Therasoft taking on the dirty work for me, the Enhanced Billing Services more than pay for themselves. They even audited my past work and found money I would not have known to look for. I cannot say enough about this company. The product is effective and easy to use, and the people who run it are kind, patient and will take the time necessary to ensure you feel comfortable. Please strongly consider utilizing Therasoft not only for their documentation and appointment calendar elements, but also their website design and enhanced billing elements.

Thank you Michael for the great review! It is always a pleasure to work with you.

Replied April 2016

Wendy

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Above and beyond

Overall. Therasoft is working well as an EHR for my practice. I definitely recommend.

PROS

The [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and leadership team go above and beyond to help us utilize the software as fully as possible.

CONS

Because we treat children it would be nice to be able to send statements and communications to the responsible party with their name rather than to the child’s attention.

Reasons for switching to Therasoft Online

Exportable reporting Growing practice

Jovasha

Medical Practice, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Walk through with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Therasoft is user friendly, I love the live support as well as the various chat features.

PROS

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] not only provided us with an article on the changes for billing to telehealth but she scheduled a one on one walk through to provide hands on demonstration and to assist that we have no further questions etc

CONS

I think that the therasoft lite program Option should be made available again as it was ideal for part time contractors

Reason for choosing Therasoft Online

Simple Practice is primarily user operated, they didn’t offer live support and the system was difficult to learn and use

Reasons for switching to Therasoft Online

I liked the features offered by therasoft, the pre-populated treatment plans and the option to add specialized evaluations and practice specific notes

Sudha

Reviewed February 2018

I have been this Therasoft since 2011. Nothing but pleased at their growth and customer service

I said it earlier

PROS

All features. Mostly calendar, assessment forms and history. Keeps us on track and sends reminders to the clients. I dont use the client portal which seems impractical for me. colored icons are attractive and easy to use. They did my website and I am very pleased with it.

CONS

Reports can improve. I like the reminders. Some more simplicity with client portal use. Customer service and staff need to introduce when necessary so we know who is incharge of the portfolios. Billing plus can be in house. Billing and other reports can be better. The secure payment offer is convenient but too costly and complicated. It can be cheaper as there are cheaper vendors. LIKE CAYAN . Which is a whole saler.

Sally

Reviewed August 2015

Great & Improvements are needed

The pros - its the best software out there at this time. -helpers are friendly and some are very informative and responsive -love that it receives info back from insurance regarding payments. Cons -The delay in response times to tickets in unacceptable. There have been times when there was no response. I wish there was no ticket system. counselors are on a crunch time schedule and to pay a lot of money and to not have the person who answers the call help you- is very irritating. -Its disappointing that the syncing device is very limited. Its mostly limited to calendar and payment. Theres no ability to delete an appt in order to make another one. -Its hard to record a canceled appt in the calendar and scheduled appt in the same slot. This makes it unclear for record keeping. So calendar needs to be able to hold to appts per slot. -Case note needs improving- to include auto set what type of note and to allow for some prefabricated sentences. Like appt scheduled in one week. -Sometimes something in the summarized report doesn't match the data of the client and Im not sure why, but Ive had to call a few times to have it manually changed -I need to search clients by first name as an option to last name. -Over all there needs to be a decrease to the number of clicks, but I love the "to do" info that displays on each appt in the calendar. -I wish there was an option to self-identify additional numbers, like- Husband, daughter, etc. Often I have children as a client and can only put in cell and home phone. This is not convenient, as theres no way to record who's cell number that is. _AZ requires that each form has a confidentiality statement: *** Confidential contains Privileged Communication protected under A.R.S. 32-3283 and ***Federal Confidentiality Rules (42 CFR Part 2 & 45 CFR Parts 160 & 164) Unauthorized disclosure is prohibited***So I recommend leaving a template notation area for forms.

Leslie

Reviewed September 2017

The support system is excellent.

PROS

The ease of using it. It has everything. I need at my finger tips. I can look at a glance to see client status. That they attended session, they paid for session and notes on session completed. I can easily see outstanding balances on individual clients as well as over all summary of outstanding money owed. I do not take insurance so I can not comment on that part of the program however it looks straight forward as far as ease.

Hello Leslie! Thank you for taking the time to review the software. We've enjoyed the journey with you for the last 7 years and hope to enjoy the NEXT 7 with you as well! Tiffany

Replied September 2017

Reviewed August 2017

Therasoft works very well, lots of reports and easy to use.

PROS

The scheduling is easy, good reports , over the years many new features have been added making it more useful.

CONS

The only con I would state is being able to review past notes. There are a lot of clicks to go from note to note.

Hi there! Thank you for the great review, we always love to hear the good things and even the things that you are struggling with, this makes Therasoft a much better software because we are hear to listen to you and meet the needs we can. Call us on our support line and we could help you with the viewing of prior notes, maybe even make a change that makes things easier for you. Our number is 888-435-8203. Petra Petra

Replied August 2017

Carol

Reviewed September 2018

Therasoft Online Streamlines the Business Aspect of Private Practice

Therasoft on line makes it easier to keep track of appointments, keep track of payments, and easy to send claims.

PROS

Therasoft is easy to use. It not only has an easy to use progress note, but also tracks accounting aspects of your business. Therasoft also has billing that you can send statements to your clients each month. I also like that notes can repopulate from the week before.

CONS

sometimes moving from screen to screen takes too long.

Thanks for the great review. Call us sometime and we can teach you a trick on the screen to screen moves! Therasoft Team

Replied September 2018