• Pros

• "The software was easy to setup and configure for controlling mobile devices. It also lets you manage laptops. "

• "Easy to remove content from company-owned devices. The selective wipe feature allows you to still be in control of your organizational data and let the end user comply with a BOYD policy. "

• "This solution give an impressive amount of control over mobile devices. We push out specific apps to employees and can remote wipe company data if device is lost or stolen."

• Cons

• "Notifications for the app work sometimes and not work other times. IT doesn’t know what would cause this problem. "

• "Location history doesnt always work Pushing out apps requires play store to be installed "

• "Sync issues have prolonged the trial. We had to make several configuration changes just so users can receive notifications of emails in a timely manner. "

Browse IBM MaaS360 Reviews

Maas360 MDM

Pros

It allows you to install apps remotely Ability to track location Setup mobile data groups and turn off data if limit is reached Can send messages to phone Can lock phone if stolen Can setup restrictions and difference actions depending on what happens with the phone Setup geo-fencing. Feature rich

Chad from J. J. Powell Inc / Snappy's Convenience Stores

Ok Product, Needs Some Work

The set up and administration of the product was pretty easy. The user experience was been inconsistent. The service is been average.

Reasons for Choosing IBM MaaS360

The liked the functionality and price point, but we are still evaluating the product.

Amber from Total System Services, Inc.

Industry: Facilities Services

MaaS360 Device Management Software, Enlist a Professional!

While many calls and emails to technical support were needed to get us off the ground, the support we did receive was overall very helpful and patient, explaining everything in step by step detail. Any issues we had were immediately addressed with either a short email or a scheduled conference call. The price per device has been very affordable for our company. This product is highly technical and has been difficult to implement without tech support. There are too many highly specific options that are not often used that overshadow the benefits for me.

Pros

This software is all inclusive; you can use it to manage almost any kind of electronic device used by your employees or the public. Once at the user level, the software creates a simple graphic design with precision control. At an Admin level you are almost guaranteed total control of end use and an ability to pinpoint issues at a micro level. Perfect for sending out-of-the-box, ready to use devices to your team.

Cons

MaaS360 is extremely technical in it's setup and admin usage. The "Engineering Calls" set up with MaaS360 technical advisers are absolutely imperative. Without a software background, initial setup for your company profile would be near impossible in my opinion. At times the amount of control you can enact overshadows the benefits of the basics you wish to achieve. I've used this software for company employees as the end user, and the set up of cell phones can be very tedious and time intensive if they are "off site". Over the phone set up with individuals requires more than I was initially led to believe.

Angelika from Overhead Door Co. of Providence

Monitoring your inventory

Pros

The best part of IBM Maas360 is that I can monitor all our company cellphones and tablets in one place. This software allows me to personalize all our company iPhones and Tablets for each departments in ways that I would never be able to do without. For example I can make sure all our technicians are not allowed to us social media during working hours by disabling social media applications directly from my computer. I can also disable internet access and almost any application I want on their phones to improve productivity and safety while driving. Also another great part of this is that I can setup all company phones and tablet with a personalized company Apple ID which eliminated people from steeling company data when departing from the company because they will not be able to login on personal phone with the same ID. Lastly if I want our users to have a new application on their phone I can simply downloaded through the Maas360 portal and send it to all my devices at once without having to download individually on each device.

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like about the software. The portal is very user friendly and great customer service if needing additional help.

Russell from Rss Trailer Repair

A great program to help keep communication costs low.

Once it is set up it works flawlessly. We have about 50 iPads out in the field and we are able to restrict usage to company business only. A great feature if you don't want to buy unlimited data for 50 iPads. The ability to add new users and devices is pretty easy. Overall I need to give it a good mark because it does what we want it to.

Pros

The ability to restrict just about anything that appears on our remote employee tablets. It lets us control what an employee sees and does in the field. They run our programs and access our information.

Cons

Super complicated. Once its setup and running the fear is you might change something and be back at square one. Support is pretty much restricted to search and execute recommended procedures. I still haven't found interactive support that helpful. My recommendation is set it up and don't touch it.

Reasons for Choosing IBM MaaS360

Maas 360 gave us a lot more control than Jamf. It allowed us to perfectly define the appearance and function of our corporate programs. Again, it just works.

Chris from Action Lift Inc.

Industry: Machinery

Not a Good fit for smaller Companies

Their support staff is subpar to say it best. They take days to respond and the few I spoke to spoke to me as if I haven't been using their software for about 4 years. For the amount of money you spend (Double Other software) its not worth the headache.

Pros

The software comes with a bunch of features that allow you to lock down all aspects of the device whether it be Android or iOS. It does support PCs as well but I have never utilized it for PCs.

Cons

One thing that I was very disappointed and ultimately made me consider other similar products was the GPS tracking. There was a huge delay (like 4-5 hours) and when I contacted their support they stated that it was normal. Needless to say we had an employee get their company vehicle broken into over the weekend and when I went to look at the tablet it showed it at a customer location from the day before. We made calls to the customer and no tablet was ever found. The theft also swiped his company phone and tools.

Kasandra from Maximus

Industry: Government Relations

Email App Use

Being able to get work email securely on my phone is great since I work on the road most of the time.

Pros

I use a pin system as a second log-in for this email app. I have to use the pin after it times out. This keeps my work information safe.

Mike from Momentum

Control your equipment

Pros

Cons

Once a device is lost, you have to continue to pay for a license on that device or it becomes unlocked and the end user can take control of it.

Jonathan from Goldman Equipment

Industry: Farming

Very powerful MDM solution.

Overall it accomplishes our main goal of having control over the device so we are happy.

Pros

Cons

The solution is very granular so their is a lot of things to learn and can take some time to get things fine tuned.

Fred from BridgePoint Technologies, LLC

Decent Affordable MDM Solution

Pros

MaaS360 is very feature rich and had everything you need for compliance on mobile devices

Cons

The setup and deployment can be a hassle in some cases, especially with iOS devices.

Best UEM I have had to date

Unified endpoint management and security

Pros

Secure and easy to use and implement. I won't name names, but I have used other UEM systems and this one taks the cake for being all around the best product for your company and clients you support.

Cons

My involvement in Maas 360 is not huge, however as a user, I think it is effective and beneficial for any business.

October 2015

Mike from SIHO

October 2015

You won't be dissapointed

Pros

Ease of use and vendor responsiveness is key to any product. Administration is simple. Setup is simple and flexible. Whether you prefer cloud or onsite, this is a great solution for your mobile security needs.

Cons

It's a robust product that will require some study to learn all of the features and get maximum benefit from the software.

David from Caledonia Housing Association

A bit long in the tooth now

It was used for device management of a small number of company mobiles and tablets but quickly became unwieldy and there was no support or training given(though this is also a failing of the device supplier who recommended the software but had zero experience with it...)

Pros

It's ok as an entry to device management I guess

Cons

It has had its day, it needs to be brought up to the level that other services offer.

Reasons for Choosing IBM MaaS360

We didn't we eventually moved to Miradore which is far more intuitive to use, has to class support and comes in at a much lower price

Awful UI, but feature packed

Pros

Lots of controls for devices, many different features as well.

Cons

The UI is a pain to navigate, functions don't notify you if they are executed succesfully or not, and app updates won't work for no reason and manually updating them is also a pain.

James from BestDoctors Insurance

Made the switch from Mobile Iron to Maas360

I had an issue that I could not create anymore VM on our domain across the pond. I need a solution that was cost affective and required not additional foot print VM or etc. I was able to integrate both domains into Maas360.

Pros

Very easy to install just need active synch configured correctly.

Tedious to setup, use and troubleshoot

Without a doubt there are better solutions and options out there for corporate device administration

Pros

It does allow an extensive amount of control including exchange management, locking and unlocking devices remotely

Cons

Long winded and tedious process to enrol mobile devices,. The same can be said for troubleshooting and resolving issues related to mobile access

Phil from Deepwell Energy Services

Industry: Oil & Energy

Maas360

Great program for being able to download the same software to multiple devices with ease.

Pros

Great software for managing fleet hardware.

Cons

Doesn't always download properly over WIFI. Not sure if problem with Maas or device though.

Douglas from Woofur

Easy to deploy and full of features.

My employees loved how seamless it was to install the MDM client on their phones and to be up and running with corporate apps within minutes. Great job!