• Pros

• "Cheap, intuitive, basic features are very easy to use. Support is quick to respond and offers helpful advice/solutions."

• "The ease of use of setting phones and pads up with the software. Easy way to control devices, push out apps or remove along with preventing users to users to download un-needing apps."

• "The software is incredibly easy to deploy to multiple devices."

• Cons

• "SimpleMDM could have a batter UI and UX. It's not bad, but it's not super intuitive either. Also, I'd like to see jailbreak detection built in."

• "Nothing really to complain about the software. Customer support has been responsive to all our queries, which are usually related to third parties changing device's features. "

• "Better documentation within the app would make it more intuitive. Like tooltips or quick tutorial system."

Browse SimpleMDM Reviews

Great device management tool

SimpleMDM has been a lifesaver to manage our large amount of devices deployed to customers.

Pros

SimpleMDM has been a fantastic tool to use to manage the thousand of devices we have deployed in the field. The features to customize the different components required for our deployment are amazing. SimpleMDM offers great visibility, device management and device control.

June 2016

Douglas from +Vend

June 2016

The best management option for our mobile workforce

Our company sells customer loyalty software and services. Our most popular product is a mobile app and iPad combination that retailers place at their registers, allowing these retailers to incentivize their customers to shop with them often. The service we offer is fully managed, meaning we develop the software, deploy and maintain the iPads running the software, and handle all other service and maintenance activities. We currently manage in the neighborhood of 750 devices. We initially used Apple Configurator for our management platform and later moved to Cisco Meraki. After continued issues with their buggy platform, I began an in-depth process of reviewing other MDM solutions. They were Apple Profile Manager JAMF Casper Suite JAMF Bushel SimpleMDM Air-Watch MobileIron In brief, MobileIron and Air-Watch were a nightmare to use (check the web for similar sentiment). Casper Suite, while better, still had an outdated interface based on Java that didn't deliver a great experience. Apple Profile Manager required that we manage the server ourselves, which we preferred not to do. JAMF Bushel had a much newer looking interface than JAMF Casper Suite, but seemed more oriented toward the small office environment of 20 devices or less. The interface quickly became unruly and the configuration options too general and limited as we got going. SimpleMDM has a new-age webby look and feel much like JAMF Bushel displayed. In addition, the feature set fit our deployment needs much better. Bushel doesn't allow enteprise app deployment but SimpleMDM does. Bushel isn't feature rich when it comes to supervised device functionality, SimpleMDM is. What tipped the scale for me in the end was the friendliness and willingness to help that I experienced with the SimpleMDM staff. We had an issue with our push certificate that ultimately turned out to be due to a misstep of my own. Their staff was extremely helpful in resolving the issue, offering to retrieve old data backups they had to recover a certificate I had deleted. In these days of relatively anonymous software as a service transactions, it was a joy to learn that one of our vendors has our backs. We've been with SimpleMDM for almost eight months now and I am very satisfied with my selection.

Chad from West Side Beer Distributing

Industry: Wholesale

It's a solid product, but a few small changes would make it awesome.

It's cheaper than mobileIron or Airwatch. Mostly, this allows us to more easily manage DEP enrolled iOS devices.

Pros

Cons

To be awesome: For the love of god fix your UI - please.... The Groups should be collapsible. Exports should be able to contain everything (the group field is missing) and there's no filter/modification/selection on group view. Also, nothing can be copied, so multiple similar groups have to be created and then re-created by hand. To be better than awesome (better than Airwatch/MobileIron): The only big things we'd love to see is more control over user rights in order to assign tech staff to manage SimpleMDM without full access to all of the SimpleMDM, filter access to device groups, filter access to SimpleMDM controls/device commands. The addition of file management on the iOS platform? That is, let us push files to the device for their ibooks or icloud drive environment. Also, a backup via simplemdm to grab txts, contacts, pictures, etc... when moving a user to new hardware? Sync to AD - pull in user data to be assigned to the device (email, contact information, etc...) Allow sending messages to a whole group instead of just one device at a time. Allow the enabling of "Automatic" updates when new versions of iTunes Store applications are available to users.

Response from SimpleMDM

Replied August 2018

Thanks for providing your feedback, Chad. We have taken it into account. The devices view has been updated to solve the problems you mentioned. We've also added admin permission classes, the ability to message groups of devices in one action, and automatic app updates. Thank you for your continued business!

August 2016

Robby from ADS LLC

August 2016

It just works

We're an outsourced US-based outsourced IT firm with clients in the medical space. I initially used Meraki to manage one of our clients but had all sorts of problems. Apps not deploying when they should, configurations not working, and devices that stopped responding after about a month. When we needed MDM for two other customers, I decided to try SimpleMDM instead. I had zero problems with our deployment and was happy to find that they had more functionality than Meraki. Sure, Meraki had some document management feature called backpack, but it was too few features to even be suitable for document needs and we had to use Dropbox anyway. I like SimpleMDM because the price is competitive, it just works and I feel that I'm using the best in breed product in the MDM space. Just make sure you don't need to support Android. They just do Apple at the moment (and do it well)!

Pros

See above. Also, very technically adept support.

Cons

Nothing at the moment.

Greg from Carwash Services of Southeast

Great software to control company phones/pads.

Controlling company devices

Pros

Cons

More options needed to prevent users from using their devices as hotspots. The apps purchased from Apple VPP have been increasingly long in showing-up in available apps to push to devices.

Response from SimpleMDM

Replied February 2018

Hi Greg- Thanks for your feedback! Please contact our support channel for help with any app delays you are seeing. It may be an iOS issue that we can help with.

Charles from Certified Aviation Services, LLC

Excellent MDM Solution

SimpleMDM is a easy-to-use MDM solution for many needs. We have a small deployment (<100 devices) and SimpleMDM allows us to effectively manage these devices easily. It is feature packed and works great with Apple's DEP program.

Pros

Easy to use and very economical

Cons

Documentation is difficult to find

Response from SimpleMDM

Replied February 2017

Thanks for the review, Charles! Sorry to hear that it's been tough to track down the documentation. For future reference, our administrator documentation is available at http://support.simplemdm.com. The "Planning Your Deployment" chapter is particularly useful during the early stages. If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact our support staff. We'll get right back to you.

Greg from Bridgeway Freight

March 2016

Easy to use and has all of the features I needed.

I've tried a few different MDMs. Airwatch: I can tell there's a lot of functionality here but it's such a pain to use. I had to make so many clicks just to get to what I needed to get to. I had a hard time finding the features I wanted. The process to get pricing was also a pain. Meraki: Much like Airwatch it was painful to get pricing. I had to sit through three phone conferences with Cisco representatives before they'd tell me what it would cost. The tool was less confused than Airwatch but felt like a side-show. I'm pretty sure Cisco acquired this company and blended it in with some of their other products. It feels fragmented. Bushel: Much easier to use, but I had problems with it not always working. Sometimes devices wouldn't update. The interface is nice, but it was missing a lot of features, too. SimpleMDM: Easy to use like Bushel and had all of the features I needed. They also have an API which we plan to use to automate some tasks at our company. Their pricing was also competitive, though really, I'd pay a premium to use them because they were the only solution that was really easy to use and worked for our requirements. Support seemed prompt the two times that I've used it. Only quip is that I'm hoping they add some of the iOS 9.3 features soon, though no other MDMs have yet either.

February 2016

Emma from App Strategis

February 2016

Well thought out app deployment. Nice support staff.

We develop iOS apps and use SimpleMDM to push them to devices that we provide for our customers. SimpleMDM has proven to be a reliable, easy way for us to do this. We used Meraki in the past (before it was owned by Cisco) but found it to be unreliable. A lot of the time apps would never show up. The interface was obtuse, too. Glad to be off of it. The interface of SimpleMDM is easy enough for most of our team to use so we all have access to the account. Pushing updates is easy too. Web interface is clean and snappy. We ran into an issue about a month ago where we couldn't get an app to deploy properly. I contacted support and was impressed with the technical know-how of the support staff. They dug into our app binary and found that we had inadvertently used an app version format that isn't supported by Apple. I can't imagine how long it would of taken us hitting our heads against the table to figure that out. SimpleMDM includes an app that can track the location of the devices in your account. It's a nice feature to have since most of our devices are in our customer's hands. The tracking unfortunately stops working if the app is deleted. It'd be nice if there was a way to track location within SimpleMDM similar to how "Find My iPhone" works, even if the app were deleted.

David from Everest Refrigeration

MDM functionaility at a great price

Pros

Enrolling process is simple and straightforward Cost per device is cheap Management of enrolled devices is simple and straightforward

Cons

The initial account setup can be a tad daunting. When I first starting enrolling devices I was a bit lost and enrolled a few devices incorrectly. I had to some searching of my own to finally get the devices to enroll correctly. It's all good now though. A+

Charles from CFP Systems, LLC

Lots of functionality but no phone or live chat support

Pros

Sound library of features and they appear to continually improve the app. Once I got the hang of the app it seems to be quite solid.

Cons

Support only available via "written word". When evaluating the product even after reading what I could, I was hoping to speak to someone that would support, deny or contribute to my perception and experience with other MDM's that I have tried. Not possible as screen share or phone support is not possible.

Steven from Wasatch Constables

Industry: Law Enforcement

The Best Bang for Your Buck iOS MDM solutions out there!

Pros

SimpleMDM really is simple. It's got a robust feature set that is easy to get up and running. We have 17 iPhones managed by SimpleMDM. This is a great option in a very crowded field.

Rocco from Orca Health

SimpleMDM is truly simple!

We previously used Meraki's complex MDM system and were continuously faced with problem after problem because of issues on their side. Not to mention the over-complicated interface they use. It was truly a breath of fresh air after we moved to Simple. The complexity was thrown out the window, and they still provider a strong number of features, including remote enrollment. We still miss a couple of features that Meraki provides (Out-of-the-box geolocating instead of having to download an app to track them) but overall Simple has been an awesome company to work with. Not to mention Simple's price point is less than half of that of Meraki's, and the customer service is fast, friendly, and intelligent. Moving to SimpleMDM was the best mobile deployment solution decision we've made!

Pros

Easy to use, cheap, excellent support.

Cons

Some limitations on features.

Response from SimpleMDM

Replied January 2017

Thanks for the kind words, Rocco! Feel free to submit enhancement requests on our feature request portal. The link to it is available under the support section within SimpleMDM. We actively monitor it and it does influence our development roadmap.

Josh from New Harvest Media

Great for Kiosks

We're using SimpleMDM for managing about 20 kiosks which works great. Support is very responsive and helpful. Thanks for the great product.

Pros

Relatively easy to use, responsive support staff

Cons

Doesn't provide group-specific managed app configuration.

Response from SimpleMDM

Replied August 2018

Thanks for taking the time to review us, Josh. Regarding managed app configs, you can create managed configs that are unique per-group or per-device by using custom attributes. Here is a walkthrough guide we created that explains this feature: https://simplemdm.com/2018/07/03/how-to-managed-app-configs-custom-attributes/

Cara from Womens Center of CA

March 2016

Easy, inexpensive, API-friendly MDM solution.

SimpleMDM is much better than what else we've come across. It's a combination of well designed software and is easy to use. We provide mentoring of K-12 students and needed a way to manage the iPads we left with the students to use as study aids. With SimpleMDM we are able to control the devices quite to our liking. Features that pose as a distraction have been disabled. We're able to integrate SimpleMDM with some of our other tools as well since SimpleMDM provides an API for us to program against. Customer service is responsive and more knowledgeable than we are used to. The product manager even called me once. We were brainstorming how to solve a problem and she was kind enough to point us in the right direction which was a solution having nothing to do with MDM. I have a very positive experience with SimpleMDM and recommend it strongly.

Elise from Act-On Software

SimpleMDM is a lifesaver!

I looked around for some time before finding the right MDM, but since landing on SimpleMDM I've been pleasantly surprised with the easy to use and elegant solution that's exceeded my expectations. Questions are dealt with quickly and effectively by a highly knowledgeable support staff and new features are rolled out on a regular basis. Very pleased with my experience thus far.

Nick from Robert Brown Associates

Industry: Facilities Services

Great MDM and easy to use.

Easy to set up and use. You can set different groups for company vs personal phones. Control only the installed apps you want. Tracking the phones work great. Only recommendation would be to have more reports to run.

Pros

Easy to install Simple to set up

Cons

Would like to be able to run more reports

Eduardo from ElectricFil

Very good service

I work with this software about 3 months, it is a very good service, easy to use and i think also very complete.

Aaron from DoubleMap

My Experience

Overall, I like the layout and design of the control panel. For my purposes it may be a bit much, but it does get the job done. Ease of use is on point, I wish there were some tips how to use features properly.

Pros

The software is incredibly easy to deploy to multiple devices.