• Pros

• "The thing I love most is the cross platform support of Acronis Backup. Also what it has to offer is incredible. Backup process is very quick and offers lot of options to select from."

• "The ability to dig into a backup and retrieve a file without having to download the entire backup is just awesome. I've used this feature multiple times and it's fantastic. "

• "The interface is unfussy and easy to install on clients. Offers lots of flexibility in backup schedules and destinations. The restore process is very simple and effective."

• Cons

• "Compression is pretty good, but not the best out there"

• "In some instances the software has had errors during volume snapshot or Validation,however support has been good and resolved the issues."

• "Limited to desktop backup. Not a good piece of software in a VM environment. Images can be very large and does not offer compression."

Browse Acronis Cyber Backup Reviews

Derek from Outsourced CIO, LLC

3-2-1 Backup is not optional for self-employed

I have Acronis installed on 5 devices: 2 smartphones, 1 desktop, and 2 laptops. which is perfect for me, my business, and personal backups. great product for self-employed!

Pros

Acronis has always been an industry standard with imaging and ease of use. I have been using a version of the product since 2005! Software has a small footprint, easy to install, easy to use, and it just works.

Cons

Pricing over the years has varied, and when the Acronis Cloud product first came out, it was unlimited storage, and the following year, it was discontinued and storage costs drove the pricing. I get it about storage, but also dislike the fact that I have to maintain the software, storage, files ect versus the set-it-and-forget-it capability I had gotten used to.

Rob from Praktijk

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Good product but room for improvement of the customer service

The software stores back-ups in different locations and does this quite well. Customer support could be much more efficint.

Pros

The software is easy to use, versatile and has many useful options. I run back-ups to an external hard drive and a NAS, also I use it for protection against ransomware. It works quite well in the background and gives me the option to restore files and more when there is a problem. Also, I like the option to be able to restore an image to different hardware

Cons

Customer support could be better. Recently I send in a question about an error. I got the request to send in a log file and screenshots, and then a couple of days later, I receive the solution to install the latest update. Which, of course, I already had. After I informed the same person of having previously installed the most recent update, then he sent me the request to send log files and screenshots again. That is one example, but my experience is that the support often works like this. Also, they can ask me for information, schedule a remote control session (which in itself is quite nice), and do exactly what we already discussed themselves. They are but not always very efficint.

Yohanna from Foxit Software, Inc

Fast backups and ideal for protecting business data

Acronis is very easy to use and gives us a constant data security as well as the protection of them and even a saving of money so having this software allows any data failure to lose any data as well as There is an extremely long downtime.

Pros

Acronis is a backup service that I like a lot because it provides protection to business data regardless of the burden of them so that if there is a failure the downtime will be very small, creating backup copies is fast, there are no limits at the time of doing so since the copy is executed does not imply that the performance is slowed down or affected so that while this process occurs the day to day activities can continue to be carried out, in addition its costs are accessible to any type of company and What is most striking to me is that it not only provides backup copies but also protects against ransomware.

Cons

Some of their services are not together, so if you want to implement a cloud storage it is a product that is obtained separately.

Jeff from IPConnectX Corp

Acronis for MSPs

Pros

The ease of use to add clients and install agents

Cons

If you use it from distribution and not directly, reaching support is a bit challenging

Patrick from Loher IT Service GmbH

The system is more or less easy to use, but pray not to run into any problems.

Pros

The user interface has improved the most. Easy to handle and clean designed, you will find what you are looking for.

Cons

Together with the Hyper-V agent you always need some further "local" agents for Exchange or SQL. With this agents instlled the VM shows up twice (one from the local agent and one from Hyper-V agent). This confuses the user and it get worse when it comes to agent updates - there the one machine can show the actual version wehre the other remains on the pervious build. Mac agent still causes more problems than the Windows versions. When comes the XenServer integration as we have them for Hyper-V and Vmware??? I miss a link between the Alerts with the error logs and the support article in the Acronis knowledge base.

Jeff from SalesPad

Set it, Forget it, and Know That Your Important Data is Backup Up

I've been using Acronis backup products for nearly a decade, and their Cloud backup solution for about two years. I use it on a few computers, and it works very well on all of them! I typically use it to create a full image backup to a USB drive when I first get (and configure) a new computer, and then do automatic, file-level backups to the cloud on a daily basis.

Pros

Acronis Backup Cloud is straight-forward to install and setup on your computer, then runs quietly in the background, and includes robust ransomware detection. It also has a cloud-based management console which allows you to manage and restore from your web browser. There are some great plans for those of us who want to use it on multiple computers. I also called their support to handle a minor issue, and they got it resolved very quickly for me.

Cons

The only thing that I wish was better, is using the web-based management console to mange backups that from multiple computers. It seems like it groups all of the files together in a mass, single directly, and I'd like to see this be able to be separated by computer name, etc.

Lisa from TSWT, Inc.

Great backup software!

I received a free version of Acronis TrueImage software with a hard drive that I purchased, and I liked it so much, I bought the full version. It was very reasonably priced, and it has proven to be such a good tool that I can recommend it to my customers!

Pros

It is very simple to use, and has some features I haven't seen in other backup software -- at least not working! I have tried many different backup programs, and many of them say that they're backing up a full system image while it is running. No other software has actually given me a system image in this way that could be successfully and completely restored to a hard disk. Acronis did, and very quickly, as well. It's also easy to set up scheduled backups and to choose different folders to include. I now recommend it to my customers as backup software, especially for Windows 10. It will do a clone of a Windows 10 system on a new hard drive that works perfectly. Add to that its affordability and the fact that it runs well on Windows 7, 8 and 10, and it's practically perfect!

Cons

Well, the only problem I've had was solved pretty easily: I changed to a new workstation and tried to install the Acronis software I had purchased. The activation process said that I had installed it on too many computers, so I had to deactivate the previous installation before it would work. I did, and it did!

Dan from dmi Networking

The partner of ours that drives the most growth

Disaster recovery, ransomware protection, and sleep at night.

Pros

Acronis delivers backup and disaster recovery services that span from simple local backups, to encrypted, virtualizable backups both locally and to the cloud. Support is very good. Acronis comes out with new disaster recovery solutions that are affordable for our clients fairly regularly. Backup and disaster recovery, through Acronis, has driven quite a bit of growth over the past several years.

Cons

The website requires a lot of clicks, but over time I've seen vast improvements to the web portal.

Kevin from Hughes & Coleman

Industry: Law Practice

Easy to setup and use

I've been nothing but happy with it's performance and reliablity

Pros

Acronis is probably the most straightforward and reliable backup programs that I've used. I've had zero issues from it, and was saved by it's restorations on a couple of occasions.

Cons

The versions I've used required manual backups, as they were tied to specific drive vendors, and came free with the associated HDDs, and SSDs.

Kevin from Information Technology and Services

Acronis imaging

I love using Acronis to backup my desktop to my NAS and also to create images of computers that I am working on.

Pros

I like how easy and quick it is to make an image of a computer. I also REALLY like the universal restore feature, this is great for restoring a system on dissimilar hardware.

Cons

The one con I can think of is that in order to explore an image you have created, you must have the Acronis software installed on your computer to do so. Windows cannot open a .tib file on its own.

Francis from Heran Creations

Industry: Writing and Editing

Great Backup, When You Know How!

I require backup software that is consistently reliable, yet offers the flexibility to backup my entire computer system, including system files. Then, I want to easily restore any of my backup file versions as required, especially if I purchase new computers that need the same configuration as my existing ones. Crucially, if any of my computers should break beyond repair, I want to use my backup files to restore on any new computers. Acronis, delivers on the above. I am very appreciative for this and have had cause to use these features. I am accustomed to a backup routine and do this weekly. I keep three generations of backup. Acronis has a great feature of validating each backup that, I presume checks each file for errors. Comforting to know when your data is important.

Pros

Acronis has an extensive suite of backup features, with a myriad of options. You will find all that you need from backing up all of your hard drive to selected files. You can backup to an external drive or to the cloud, you decide. Your backup files are available whenever you require, for the inevitable disaster, when you will be thankful you backed up regularly. Its one of the few backup software that actually backs up your entire computer system. Very useful if you have a complete breakdown or need to restore to a new computer.

Cons

At first glance, the software can appear daunting to the novice. The Menu looks clean and simple, yet you look around, bemused, because you don't really know what to do. The instructions are not good. I found my way around, more, trial and error. Discovering the features, by exploring the Menu options and reading the prompts. Initially, it took over hours of my time. Now I know what I am doing, I think the software is great. However, if I go on holiday and come back to Acronis after a period of time, it takes a little time to refresh myself on how use it again. Its not intuitive. With this in mind, this is my backup software of choice.

Berndt from Self-employed

For me the most important program ever

Pros

Due to frequent changes in the software, such as Updates and new installations or even the risk of viruses make it absolutely necessary to make regular backups. I have been using Acronis for many years and have never been disappointed When I had to restore the system it worked great! I like it best that you can search the backups at any time and copy data from it. Thus one can repair small problems also on the fast. The possibility to restore the backup also on changed hardware or to integrate own drivers round out the whole still. The rescue media has worked on every computer so far and is regularly updated with new features. Almost every year under the Extras menu you will also find new functions such as system integration or tools from third-party manufacturers. If you want to be on the safe side, you can also use the Try & Deside function to undo system changes immediately. The backups can even be converted into a virtual machine via detours and integrated in Virtual Box, which allows you to try everything without risk. All in all a must have for me!

Cons

Some years ago there was the possibility to buy a Plus version. In this one got additional futures. This was later abolished and the futures were so available. For some reason, parts of it did not exist one or two years later. That was not enjoyable then. In the meantime, the best futures are back and everything is fine!

Neyda Jose from Paxata

Ideal for recovery and backup of business data

Acronis has been really useful since at a business level it is always under risk, since it can fail some server or be attacked in a cybernetic way that is why thanks to the implementation of this software we have backup copies of the business data more important as well as an immediate recovery of them.

Pros

One of the things I like most about this information backup software is that it allows users to back up any location, that is, it does not matter if their data is in the cloud or if it is on another platform. the same way you can protect them, its interface is highly customizable so the user can choose the type of backup that you want to implement, it also offers different types of data encryption which is really advantageous, because if they are stored out of its platform there is no risk of loss or theft and the best or my favorite aspect is that it does not matter since part of the world wants to carry out the backup of information since it is a platform that only requires internet access and a user account to protect your data.

Cons

Acronis is not a completely perfect platform because its learning curve is quite high so it is recommended only for companies with a large amount of data to support.

Chris from Big Splash Designs

I'm a big fan of Acronis for business backup. Very efficient in bringing back up images of servers.

Like I said in my review, the virtual image backups are really easy to work with once set up correctly, and can definitely save you from headaches when a server blows up on you. You basically just point to your image, and spin it back up when disaster happens.

Pros

Our Acronis backup scheme works very well in protecting our main file server. The backup process is quick and offers a lot of options, across a number of different backup devices. It's also very easy to spin up another image of a downed server in a short amount of time. It has saved me when one of our VM's was corrupted, and it was very easy to retrieve files from archived images.

Cons

The set up can be a little daunting, especially when working with virtual server technology. Also, there customer support site can be a little overwhelming to wade through for the uninitiated. You have to really identify your issue before sifting through all the support articles. The online manuals were pretty straightforward but did require some study before getting started.

Matt from XtremeTech LLC

Overall great product and service! User interface needs a little tweaking.

The software has allowed my company to backup and restore critical client data, when computers and servers decide to stop functioning. You can restore data to another device with different hardware without a problem. You can also restore directly from the cloud servers, so it saves a lot of time, stress, lost productivity and lost profit.

Pros

The software works very well. It protects our companies and clients data. Easy to restore data from local or through the internet with boot media. Easy to install the backup client and setup reoccurring backup schedules. The data backed up is always complete and not corrupted. Would recommend the software to anyone!

Cons

The web portal interface needs a little tweaking. For example, to increase or decrease the storage space available to a user, you have to change it in 2 spots, not just one. So, if you don't do it in both, the size with remain as it is. Also, the interface locks up and stops responding at times. For the value the software offers, I will deal with the cons!

Aaron from S3 Solutions, LLC

Excellent value

Pros

We use this for workstation backups at my company and for this task it works great. The compression and deduplication is pretty good, scheduling options are very robust. I've had very few issues using it and it has been very reliable.

Cons

Compression is pretty good, but not the best out there

Tyler from dmi Networking

It's a pretty robust software that's easy to set up and customize to each customer.

It's so much more customizable and flexible than other backup software we've used in the past, and offers much easier management. I get email alerts if there are more than 3 days with a backup failure, and can see what the error message was within the email so if it was something like a disc not being connected, I don't have to log in to the management software or the server, I can just give the office a call and check in with them.

Pros

You can easily tailor it to exactly your specific needs, and adjust those over time without having to remake the entire backup plan.

Cons

The latest update made the management interface a lot slower to load and to navigate. While it's clean and logical where things are located, it's just slower than it used to be, and requires drilling down through multiple layers, adding loading after loading. This occurs on all computers within our office and at my home office, and here we're getting 359.9 down and 73.1 up, so I really can't imagine it's an issue on my end. Hopefully this is fixed in a future update of the management portal.

John from United Radio, Inc.

Industry: Computer Hardware

The best backup software I've ever used

I had a very old Windows 7 laptop that had a hard drive that was failing. I installed the Acronis software and used it to clone the internal drive to an external USB drive with an SSD hard drive in it. Although the drive was failing and had many errors, Acronis was able to successfully clone the drive. I replaced the failing drive with the newly cloned SSD and the system booted right up. I had to reinstall a couple of drivers that were corrupted on the original drive but other than that the new drive works perfectly. I was concerned cloning a traditional drive to an SSD but Acronis handled it with no problems.

Pros

This program is very easy to use and very powerful. It performs traditional backups including full, incremental and diffierential as well as cloning entire drives. It also supports building the recovery software into your backup drive so that if you need to do a bare metal restore, the software is all there.

Cons

When cloning a drive with many errors, it seems to wait a long time before it asks you if you want to ignore them. Once I told it to ignore the errors, the clone worked great.

Peter from DP Financial & Tax Inc

No news is good news

Peace of mind!

Pros

I like that I don't have to think about my backups being done. I used to have to manually back up to a hard drive then I moved to a more automated system but still had to baby sit it. With Acronis I don't have to do anything unless I get an email saying there is some sort of problem. I have Acronis managing my onsite as well as offsite backups and I love knowing that my critical data is safe.

Cons

Sometimes the error messages I receive from a failed backup are a little confusing/unclear. There will be times when a backup runs for several hours and then I get an email saying there was not enough free space on my local backup machine. Couldn't it have predicted that ahead of time by simply running a size query for the target backup as well as the source?

Gary from OutterEdge Limited

Acronis Backup

Overall, this is one of the best backup programs I have used. I have had to do several bare metals restores using it and it has always performed perfectly.

Pros

Acronis backup is something I have been using for years. I switched to it after using another major Vendor's backup solution after it became very costly. Acronis has only become better over the years. Their agents deploy nicely to servers, the workstation backups are flexible, and they have a Mac client.

Cons

The only downside I see is that their cost for their online backup is a bit high. If you catch a sale or discount then it isn't too bad.

Rebecca from NITYA Software Solutions Inc

Fast restoration of the most important business data and information

Since the use of this software has been implemented, our information is kept secure and backed up so that in the event of any failure of one of our servers we no longer have to worry because we only have to go from anywhere to the cloud and thus restore that information to may our business continue to stand.

Pros

I love Acronis Backup, since it is a software that allows you to quickly restore commercial and personal information, it is also easy to use and beyond restoring and supporting data, it also protects them against ransomware attacks what really It gives us peace of mind because we can not only back up our data but also protect it, which is why I consider it a really complete and quite flexible software, since it offers its users a free 30-day trial, and is also compatible with Linux systems and Windows

Cons

More than upset I consider it a suggestion, it would be ideal if your interface could be improved to make it much more modern.

Jorge from Hakken Corp.

Worry-free Backup Solutions

Pros

We have implemented Acronis backup tools in many customers with the purpose of automating workstation and server backup processes. Acronis is consistent in the scheduled tasks and provides a reliable backup (and recovery) solution for organizations of different sizes. On a personal note, I have also used the Acronis Ransomware Protection Tool which is free and a great resource for protecting against the loss of important files. Their software tools, in general, are easy to use with a friendly and intuitive user interface.

Cons

Setting up the business tools takes some time and requires attention to detail. You can easily misconfigure important tasks if you are not careful.

Dan from Computer consultant

Acronis Backup Cloud has every feature you'd ever want, but there are some tradeoffs.

Pros

Even though it's called Acronis Backup Cloud, you actually also get a local backup component as well, and that's where the power really is. You can virtually boot from the backup media, which can bring a downed server back up in about 30 minutes. You can also manage multiple backup jobs with Acronis, pull data from the network, push data to the network, and even create scripts that will run before and after the backups (in case you need to stop a database). Extremely powerful

Cons

The website is slow and will sometimes crash. This can be a problem, but it always does clear up. They are always updating their website so I keep hoping to see some speed improvements there.

Simple and effective for my budget

Pros

The web based console to control all my backups in one place, and not having to remote onto a machine to start a backup or create a backup profile is great. The fact that incomplete backups can resume from where they left off, and i have the option of target locations to do backups

Cons

Initially the software upgrades can take quite long or not complete at all. Sometimes the seed load is seen as a separate backup, and the incremental backups take up more space than they should.

Jason from DataTegra

Amazing experience best backup and disaster recovery solution on the market

Pros

Capability of restoring is on a next level, does not matter what it is Acronis can restore it in the event of a disaster. The ease of use when setting up is also a big plus as it is a few click and you are up and running backups.

Cons

There is no Acronis data center in South Africa, also no local support. Apart from that there is no cons to using the product it just works and does what I expect it to do. I would just recommend a stronger presence in South Africa as it is a big draw back.

Paul from Kiley Tech Solutions

Overall solid and full featured. Can be confusing for less savvy end users

A reliable backup software that can be precisely configured as needed

Pros

Acronis has been my personal backup software of choice for my own office for several years, it has a huge degree of configurability, could look for in a backup product. I find that it does though, require some degree of technical awareness to configure and utilize properly

Cons

Interface can be intimidating and /or confusing, for less technically proficient and users. Can present them with too many options and choices.

Nick from deezee

Industry: Machinery

Having Acronis will ensure you get a bonus

My overall experience with this software has been nothing but excellent. I can sleep rest assured that our back ups are completing and were able to restore if we need to.

Pros

Acronis By far the best most robust and easiest to use back up software I have ever used. The jobs are easy to set up in the restores our seamless.

Cons

I struggle to find any cons with the software. As compared to our previous backup software this is far and away the best. This is outperformed anything that comes to my mind.

Sue from The Oaks on 22

Great for Daily Backups

We have had to use the restore feature a few times. On one occasion the backup did not complete and we lost a weeks worth of work when we restored the files. I periodically do a verification to make sure the backup is running correctly. Otherwise its a must have when your computer crashes.

Pros

Can be set up for daily backups Runs in the background Easy computer restore feature

Cons

Some 3red party software has to be reinstalled If for some reason the backup does not complete your backs from that day forward are not usable

Chase from PA Connect

Customer service is an absolute joke and near impossible to get a response in a timely manner.

A solid backup solution when it works. Once it works it tends to stay working. The only issues is if it's not working, you will have to figure it out on your own, next to no support!

Pros

The software does exactly what it was made for and fairly straightforward to use. Recovery is very quick and seamless.

Cons

Not necessarily the software, but the support is almost non-existent. We put in tickets and it takes days to get responses. Probably the worst customer service we've ever experienced. As a business partner, you think you would get back to them in a timely manner when they are having issues with the backups not working a little faster than within 4 to 5 DAYS!

pradeep from Software company

Acronis backup - value for money

Overall I think this software is every bit worth the money it costs because if you don't have a backup then it will definitely cost you more to recover the data and maybe you may never be able to recover the data. Apps can always be installed, but imagine losing all precious family photos and videos.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the capability to make hot backup. Not long ago, I had problems with my laptop and I had to send it to the manufacturer and since I had Acronis backup I was able to restore my data and apps after I got my laptop back. This software will save a lot of trouble and money in case something goes wrong with laptop/PC.

Cons

Sometimes, when doing cold backup this software does not recognize my external hard drive. There are also times when mounting a backup as a drive takes a few attempts which could be frustrating.

Joshua from Webs

Solid backups, reliable restores

Overall this has saved us a couple of time from human error that could have set up back a lot of hours of work.

Pros

Cons

The admin layout took some getting used to, once you've got it, it's very functional and it makes sense, for me though it took me a couple of tries to grab hold of.

Michael from ALCORN COUNTY ELECTRIC POWER ASSOCIATION

Industry: Utilities

Acronis Backup for Server

Pros

I really like the software as far as dependability and reliability. I've used this software on multiple platforms for over a decade, one of the most respected names in my mind when it comes to backup/recovery solution providers.

Cons

The cost of the server platform and the feature set it offers for that price point is really expensive. But compared to other providers like Veeam it does a much better job and is dependable.

Cloud backups are great, when you have internet

Pros

The ability to run local, and cloud backups provide the extra redundancy necessary for any company to succeed after data loss. During a prolonged internet outage, it's important to be able to keep your backups running.

Cons

The pricing can be complex to navigate, and deciding which plan to subscribe to-- the per device/ per GB-- isn't obvious at first and takes a reseller with experience to lead you in the right direction.

Acronis Backup is a lifesaving backup solution.

Pros

What I like most is that the backups can be saved almost anywhere. If I have a large dataset, I can opt for physical data shipping so I can create the first job on a local NAS, ship to Acronis, and then incremental jobs will go over my pipe after that. It works flawlessly every time.

Cons

What I like least is that I cannot go and fix some errors myself. I like to be hands on but due to the nature of Acronis BC, it can be difficult to find where the error may be originating from. That being said, Acronis support is amazing and more than happy to review my system logs to help me out.

Elan from The Weinreb Law Firm, PLLC

Industry: Law Practice

Acronis - Great Local Backup

For backing up my local drives while offering Ransomware protection, my experience with Acronis has been great.

Pros

The GUI and various options are easy to figure out and configure. There are many different backup options, and the on-board Ransomware protection is a plus.

Cons

The software does crash on a somewhat regular basis and appears at times to be a memory hog. However, most of the time it works just fine.

Dan from dmi Networking

Acronis Backup has all of the state-of-the-art features you need for quick recovery

Pros

The ability to virtualize from your backup media is a huge asset. This means that if your server fails, you can boot it up in a virtual environment and get it all configured in about 30 minutes. Having a VM fail-over server is the best part of this backup.

Cons

The interface to recover can be confusing. It's best to start with a totally erased, non-formatted recovery drive. If it's formatted already it might map partitions incorrectly. Full recovery outside of VM can be slower than Windows Server Backup.

When used as an imaging software for system builds, it works great. Backup and restores are adequate

Fast system deploys. Able to image a system including OS state before tinkering for troubleshooting purposes. Restores are fast if using the boot disk.

Pros

It is easy to use and performs well if the underlying operating system is the right and supported versions. Using the created boot disk and using that to image and build systems (older version) was easy.

Cons

The newer interfaces are horrible. I understand trying to make it more idiot proof but hiding away features under a simplistic interface means advanced users have to really dig to find the tools needed. Seriously, I've tried to get end users to get this software and do their own backups but it doesn't do much more than the built-in backup utilities so it would be better if they focused on more advanced tech users as their customer base.

The Best Backup Utility!

Using Acronis in a hospital environment made things very quick and easy! Migrating from Windows XP to 7 was a huge task at hundreds of doctor offices in the state and Acronis made backing data up very quick and easy. No data was ever lost!

Pros

Acronis is a very powerful backup utility. The software makes it easy to configure a backup and execute. The software works very well and I never really had any issues with using it.

Cons

The cloud storage is a separate thing from the software so a hard drive or thumb drive would need to be used.

Luke from KC Computers

Acronis Cloud backup has been easy to configure, and a great product for our MSP customers!

Pros

Acronis has been easy to configure and reliable for offsite backup solution. The ability to integrate with RMM solutions has been greatly beneficial for our company and the companies we support. The reliability of the offsite backups, ease of restoration, and consistency of backups make this product one of the top on our list.

Cons

Could use a little more direct customer support. Perhaps additional methods of initial seeding, but otherwise the product is pretty solid.

jojo from gas technology institute

Acronis Server Backup

a must tool for imaging servers and workstations. works now with windows 10 (not tried windows 2016 yet).

Pros

easy to use creating windows 10 images.

Cons

none so far.

Mike from Delaware Allergy

Acronis Backup is a effective solution for backing up user data.

Pros

The ability to schedule backups after closing. We need our VM servers backed up daily for medical records and patient files.

Cons

Slows down the network resources when running during the day. Also backing up multiple servers has to be done as two separate backups at different times and if they overlap, the backups fail.

Great backup software for Mac

A reliable backup solution for my work PC.

Pros

The backup software that comes with Mac and Windows are a bit rudimentary. Better than nothing, but very bare bones. And if you've ever had a Mac OS Time Machine restore fail on you, well...you only need to have that happen once before you lose your trust in it. If you're looking for a more robust and reliable local backup solution, this is the solution that you're looking for.

Cons

I moved from Time Machine to this, so I miss the ability to restore specific files quickly. But I very much rather have a backup I trust will work when a restore is needed.

Good product

Pros

It's a very simple product to use and provides a great imaging platform for a low cost. Overall does a good job at backups of individual desktops.

Elan from The Weinreb Law Firm, PLLC

Great Backup Software!

Pros

Acronis backup software has an easy-to-learn interface and does what I need it to so -- backup two computers -- seamlessly and quietly.

Cons

It does have a tendency to crash on occasion and bring down not only the program but to stop my entire operating system from running.

We've been using Acronis Backup Cloud to backup VMs located in public cloud environments.

Pros

Agent deployments and updates are very straightforward, and the backup policy has just the right amount of configurable options without being overwhelming or confusing.

Cons

The API methods available are primarily focused on tenant/customer entity management vs. management of the actual backup policies and agents. This is on Acronis' road map however, and they've been making steady improvements since we began using the product.

Backing up your data with Acronis

This is the kind of tool that fits the needs of a major part of users and you can't go wrong with it. However, given the amount of options it offers, using it for the first time can prove to be a little harder than it should and if you are in need for a simple, one-time quick backup of your data, perhaps you should consider using a less complete, more to the point tool. Otherwise, this is the tool you'll want to have.

Pros

It brings a really extensive suite of backup options that covers essentially everything that people should need when performing a backup of their data and/or operational system. The ability to backup your data to different locations (including the cloud) and to encrypt it are really nice features.

Cons

The interface could have some improvement, since it does take a little time to find your way around the tool and discover how to use it to do exactly what you need.

Jevanni from UTECH

Most affordable backup solutions for a small Business

Pros

That we can use the same software for internal and cloud backup. Easy web based dashboard with simple restores.

Cons

I do find that the error messages are hard to decipher if/when a backup is unsuccessful. However, support is very good in helping out the solution.

Dustin from Elk Grove Park District

Expensive, but effective.

Pros

Acronis is very good for what it does -- it takes backups quickly; the backups are easy to manage, and it offers all of the basic features you'd expect if you came from a legacy solution like BackupExec.

Cons

Sometimes... it just acts weird. I've had to have support come in and run scripts against our backup database several times in the last few years, because it just gets in a weird funk (for example, showing "next start" for some backups as being in the past, or perpetually showing a task as "running" even though it completed weeks ago. Support is quick to help, though, and solves the problem every time.

Jerad from OneMain Financial

Easy To Use

We used the software for deployment of multiple machines. It made new setups quick and easy instead of applying a fresh install, installing drivers, and applying updates. Acronis saved a lot of time.

Pros

Creating an image of the PC and then using it to deploy said image to multiple PCs was a simple task with Acronis. It can simply work with a large flash drive or a flash drive with the Acronis image and an external that has the image file for the PCs.

Cons

Occasionally I would have to create the Acronis bootable flash drive two or three times before the PC would recognize the boot drive.

Jeremy from Jabtech

I have been using Acronis for years, the cloud feature is seamless and makes backups easy

Pros

the unattended features offered, including the cloud backup storage and regular scheduling, make backups only a secondary concern

Cons

the recovery process can often be slow , and a download may take more time than we would like for emergency situations