All Atera Reviews

Used unspecified

Reviewed April 2024

Atera Review: Dont Hesitate To Jump Right In.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Atera is the perfect IT Swiss Army Knife I need, and I use it EVERY. DAY.

Indispensable. I have recommended Atera to colleagues several times. For servers in particular, I used to log in with Microsoft Remote Desktop. Having Splashtop installed lets me use one solution for servers or laptops. Before Atera, I was using Teams to assist users with endpoint issues. The data consumption on a call like that is atrocious. with Atera, it's much more efficient.

PROS

Number one. You pay for a SEAT for the admin, not for how many devices you manage. That is MAJOR. Next, the tools are very intuitive, the interface clean. I am Mac based, but manage over 50 Windows devices and servers from my MacBook Pro. Setup and enrollment of devices is simple and straightforward. Nearly everything I need is at my fingertips once the device reports in.

CONS

I still need to make some adjustments to my thresholds for alerts. Way too many of them popping up for memory usage and storage use over 85%. But those alerts are there for a reason. My problem is older devices with very limited memory and storage that need to be mothballed. I have also not had time to get audio configured properly so I can converse with and end user while assisting through Splashtop. Need to look up training articles on that.

Reason for choosing Atera

Self manage our infrastructure rather than outsourcing. Very cost effective.

Reasons for switching to Atera

Cut down on the cost of IT needs through a third party vendor. Saves thousands.

Hi Michael, Thanks so much for leaving such a detailed review of our platform. It is great to hear that you are using the solution every day, and like our pricing model (as much as we do!), as well as the fact that the platform itself is very intuitive and user friendly. I understand that getting too many alerts can be frustrating, and if you need help setting these up, I invite you to check out our KB article: https://support.atera.com/hc/en-us/articles/217632337-Create-or-Edit-an-Alert-Threshold-Profile If there are any other issues that you need help with, please reach out to our 24/7 support who are more than happy to help. Overall, calling Atera "indispensable," is very much appreciated. May you continue to find the platform as efficient for your business needs moving forward!

Brian

Computer Networking, 2-10 employees

Impressive features.

Very well made product. Has a ton of features. Has allowed our MSP to grow and add more value to customers.

PROS

I like how it is a full feature MSP tool in one software. We can add more value to our customers and provide better service due to atera

CONS

It is on the pricey side especially as we add technicians. The mobile app is glitchy. Tickets don't always display properly.

Reason for choosing Atera

Didn't have as many features and charged per node not user

Reasons for switching to Atera

Logmein was more expensive with less features. Logmein continued to raise the price significantly every year while stripping features

Hi Brian, Thanks for leaving a review for Atera's all-in-one platform! Happy to hear you like the long list of features we offer, and that using Atera has allowed your MSP to grow. Regarding any glitches or display issues, please reach out to our Support team about this. As for our pricing, we have a very unique model to price by technician instead of end-point, which ends up being very cost-effective for our customers.

Tim

Great all-in-one integrated MSP/RMM service

I work with Atera for 12 years now and it is part of my company structure. So my experience is positive. It's usable for me. I don't use all components yet, we are just a small ICT company.

PROS

flawless integration of RMM/managment/ticketing and other features. But a great pro is the license model: pay per agent instead of pay per device

CONS

I miss the Apple Mac agent in the professional version, that should be a standard feature for all subscriptions Dutch language for ticket system. seperate dashboard for central monitoring screen at the helpdesk office.

Reason for choosing Atera

complete/all-in-one, enthousiast team with quick release of new features. Personal contact with dutch team

Hi Tim, Thanks for leaving this great review. It is important to hear both what you like about Atera ("flawless integration," the pricing model, all-in-one solution) and where we can improve (Mac agent in the pro subscription, Dutch language available on the platform). We appreciate your valuable insight, and hope that you continue to find Atera is efficient and helps you work the most effectively!

Allegra

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Easy to naviagte

PROS

The best part about Atera is it is super easy to navigate. Managing several companies at once is simpler with the way the site is setup, it's all really clear.

CONS

Patch updates don't always seem to work smoothly. I have had to go through it a second time.

Reasons for switching to Atera

Their security risks were a concern of ours.

Brandon

Computer & Network Security, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Great MSP Product

I was doing 14 hour shifts dealing with maintenance and patch management as I couldn't find a tool that functioned for me like I needed it to. With Atera I still put in a few hours here and there, but the automation process went from a 24 hour job, to looking at a report for an hour and making sure everything worked as it should have. If it didn't I recall the automation script and run it again without my need to sit and watch it roll. That is just one major piece of my overall experience. I do know there are plenty of tools out there that do similar, if not the same type of thing, but I was already using specific tools, and products, and Atera has an integration with those tools, so my comfort level was much greater as I already knew how to use most of the offerings. All in all, Atera has been the best product for my company!

PROS

The software is very easy to use, and can replace multiple tools with one location. Very simple to setup, and can automate 90% of tasks.

CONS

If we had a tier for billing/managing that was included in a Tech license that would be great. If I could get my CFO access we would most likely switch to Atera for all our time tracking and billing as well, but justifying the cost for a non-tech person to see anything is a hard pill to swallow.

Reason for choosing Atera

Mainly pricing, but I continue to stay with Atera as they all seem invested in the community, and making a better product.

Reasons for switching to Atera

I needed something with more options, and functionality.

Thank you for the very kind and detailed review, Brandon! You are one of treasured customers, who we can resonate with our automation mindset and smart IT, and drive us to innovate further, and we are thrilled to hear you tell us about the real life time savings that you were able to accomplish. In regards to our pricing tiers, we try to hit the sweet spot beetween offering the best bang for your buck feature-wise, while also following our financial plans, but we are always listening to feedback for potential improvements.

Replied April 2022

Jake

Reviewed October 2020

Recommend to any IT admin or service company

Fantastic!

PROS

Easy to keep track of all customers and their equipment. The alerts is a major plus and the ability to break down certain customers to folders for locations is great. The integration with Splashtop and Teamviewer is a big deal also. Pushing scripts remotely, installing software remotely and the automation of patch management is incredible and invaluable to my job. My favorite thing though has to be the dedication the Atera team shows this product as it is being constantly improved and added to which my previous product did not.

CONS

Honestly I have not dug into every part of the software because I just have no need to use every single feature. The worst thing I would say is probably the file size limitation when moving files via Manage > File Transfer

Reason for choosing Atera

Cost was much lower, the fact you can add as many machines as you want and it doesn't drive the cost up. The fact it's a per technician license instead of per machine, you know the cost up front and it only increases if you add additional things such as backups/work from home etc.

Reasons for switching to Atera

Comodo One was a "free forever" until it wasn't. The product was not worth spending money on because of the horrible interface and lack of improvements and features.

Thank you for the review Jake, and for the nice words! Our team is constantly working on the product, and seeing our customers and partners notice our work, and make good use of our features is what is driving us forward. If you are interested in finding out more about Atera, feel free to use our fresh Atera Academy module, which will showcase features and ways of optimizing your workflow in fun and interactive ways, including quizzes!

Replied February 2021

Kevin

Reviewed July 2020

The best software for an SMB MSP

Overall this is an outstanding product. It has radical pricing, and integrates so easily with the rest of my business. With it's lightweight tools, I can run everything from a tablet even. New features are being brought out all the time, that I can choose to incorporate or not, and with the branding options, my customers see MY logo and my menu items. There is no better product on the market.

PROS

I run a small MSP focused on providing IT services to small (<50 employees) businesses. I have tried many software packages over the 15 years I have been in business, and all of them suffered from the same weakness. Ease of use/learning curve. They may have had some great features, but I would never get to use them because they were lost in a sea of confusion. The interface for Atera is clean, simple, and effective. You can do everything you need to without having to dig for it. If I have to search for a feature, I am not going to remember that it is even there to use, and with Atera, it is all laid out so well that it is intuitive. You open your account, setup your clients, and away you go. Nothing else even comes close to comparing

CONS

The only part that is clumsy in my opinion is the patching. Rather than approving patches, you exclude patches. Back when most of my users had windows 7 this was more of an issue, as I tended towards rolling out ones I knew had no issues, rather than selectively declining. The list of patches you are excluding becomes tediously long and difficult to manage, but with Windows 10, you can only put off patches so long before they are just going to be forced, so in reality patching, where it used to be a major part of our service, is now more of an afterthought.

Reason for choosing Atera

Ease of use, pricing model.

Reasons for switching to Atera

Initially the pricing was what lured me in. I wasn't finding I was using the full features of Naverisk, because if I didn't use them all the time, I either forgot about them, or forgot how to use them easily. Having a fixed cost no matter how many clients I use it on was game changing for me.

Mike

Law Practice, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Amazing product that is growing and evolving

The product is an amazing value and allows a single or multiple users to act as a larger team. Support is there if you need them.

PROS

The support team and access is amazing, they always have what you need. The shared libraries for scripts and SNMP templates are a huge time saver. (make sure to vet the scripts yourself) The AI features are more than a gimmick and can be a huge time saver if used properly. The developers are listening and adding requested features.

CONS

The inability to add a user to multiple devices is a real headache for me. The time tracking interface is a bit lacking compared to other larger vendors.

Reason for choosing Atera

Great value for the money. Great support staff.

Aaron

Computer Networking, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2019

Great Product!

PROS

I like the price and the features that come with it. Especially the integration with Webroot!

CONS

It is so easy to use that I have a hard time finding the cons. There are some features that I don't use at all, such as the knowledgebase.

Reasons for switching to Atera

Price initially, but I found an amazing product!

Konrad

Computer & Network Security, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2023

Atera & My Bussiness

It suites my bussiness to the tee and saves me time when it come to supporting my clients machines.

PROS

All my machines ready for remote support.

CONS

Some machines and the agent gives issues.

Reason for choosing Atera

It was meant to be, saw and tested it at just the right time.

Reasons for switching to Atera

They where expensive and didnt meet my neads paying for services which or didnt work or wasnt relavant to my bussiness.

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2022

For a one man company it is great.

PROS

I can do most everything I need with this software and an email account.

CONS

The "free" remote access can be a challenge. AnyDesk sometime just doesn't work or acts weird. Splashtop wants to install printers all the time. Neither is terrible and between the two I can get the job done.

Reason for choosing Atera

Logmein was just too expensive because of their business model. Ninja One looked good but I really didn't have the time to try it out properly and it didn't look that much better to justify making the time.

Hi Mark, Thanks for taking the time to review Atera. Its great that you can do everything you need all in one place! Regarding the issues you have experienced with the remote access tools, please reach out to support to make sure everything is functioning properly. We hope you continue to enjoy Atera, and know that you can expand your business with our platform.

Replied January 2023

Avi

Computer Networking, 2-10 employees

Atera RMM

Overall, my experience with Atera is over 3 years, and I would say, I can't accomplish some stuff without Atera. Atera as RMM makes very easy and convenient solution for MSP

PROS

I like reliability and access to management console everywhere

CONS

When install the helpdesk client , even after registration, after a day its kicks out a a session and asks for user to register again

Reason for choosing Atera

Price play a lot , and capability for a software

Hi Avi, Thanks for the review. Great to hear that you find Atera reliable and accessible from anywhere. If you are having issues with the helpdesk or customer portal, please reach out to support so that we can fix this for you ASAP. Hope Atera continues to be as essential for you as it is now.

Robert

Wholesale, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Makes my life easy!

Extremely positive. Their support is excellent and they are very willing to listen to feedback.

PROS

For us it is all about problem alerting and remote management both of which work extremely well for us. I also use (lightly) the patching tools.

CONS

I still find the patching and scripting tools to be a bit of a bother. My biggest complaint is the patching tool that does scheduling does not seem to pick up machines "after the fact" if they are not online when the schedule fires. The tool itself works well, it is the scheduler that seems to have issues.

Reasons for switching to Atera

iTarian as a product is horribly unfinished. As a "free" product it was tolerable, as a paid for product it is woefully inadequate and almost a joke. Atera, for a wee bit more money , solved all of my problems and then some. I can rely on Atera, always. I could not rely on iTarian.

Brian

Reviewed January 2020

Great option for small MSP looking for a simple, affordable solution

We're a small MSP with 3 techs. Labtech/Connectwise is WAY overkill. We miss a few features but honestly it hasn't been enough of a hindrance to regret our decision. Cost savings is worth whatever bells and whistles we lost. Can it be better? Sure. But that's why it's great knowing the dev team is constantly releasing new features and improvements.

PROS

Great option for small MSP looking for a simple, affordable solution Simplicity. It felt a bit barebones at first coming from Labtech, but it refocused us on the important things and not get scatter brained. We took on the attitude of "if Altaro doesn't have it, you don't need it". It's been two years and we honestly haven't looked back. It's also great having a flat fee per tech instead of per agent fee. It's a relief when deploying agents since It doesn't feel like I'm incurring additional overhead each time I add an agent. I also appreciate their agile feature releases. It gives me the feeling that the team is not sitting still and always earning my dollar.

CONS

The reporting is a bit weak. I'm used to being able to hook into the database and generate custom reports coming from Connectwise. I used to have a Excel pivot table pulling data directly from Connectwise and it was data nerd heaven. While API is available, it doesn't supply the same volume of information that the built-in reports offer. I submitted a feature request to simply expose the reports via API (this is how Connectwise does it) so hopefully that will happen in the future. Also, Splashtop remote control that comes with Atera is just too slow to connect. It's actually pretty good once the connection is established, but there's a ~30 sec delay from the time you click on the button. That might not sound like much, it can feel like eternity when there is a customer on the phone. Plus it takes too long to find out when the connection doesn't work for some reason. We bit the bullet and paid for Screenconnect.

Cost / simplicity

Cost / complexity

Carlos

Food Production, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed August 2022

I have been using atera and its been one of the greatest tool I ever used

Overall is a great experience, as a sole IT admin this tool is fantastic!, i cant even learn all its features it has so many features, one of the best things that you can have is the free webinars, and constant developing and upgrading, thats what makes a software company great!

PROS

the fact that you are able to remote to any computer from anywhere to everywhere is excellent!, the web based interface is nice and it refreshes station information very quickly, the easiest thing to do is to install the service, you can do it in various ways, one of the easiest is by running a line of code on CMD so you dont have to download anything, its automatic!!!

CONS

I don't like 2fA if you're in a rush and don't have access to your phone, or if you have issues with the connection, you wont be able to remote to any computer, additionally sometimes when you try to login from mobile android or ios the service doesnt work , but that rarely happens , you have to delete cache and try again

Pricing

Reasons for switching to Atera

Lack of real remote capabilities

Hey, thanks so much for this 10 out of 10 review! I am so happy to hear that you are taking full advantage of our remote connection, and that you find installing the Atera agent so easy. That's the goal, so I'm glad to hear we are succeeding with you! I understand your hesitations about 2FA and that it can take some extra time. However, Atera takes security extremely seriously, and it is for this reason that it is mandated. If you ever have any problem though, please reach out to our support team at support@atera.com and they will be happy to look into those mobile login issues. I hope you continue to enjoy our services, and keep on using Atera to it's fullest potential!

Replied October 2022

Marek

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Atera Review

The platform provided a comprehensive suite of IT management tools that streamlined my operations and improved customer service. The integrated RMM capabilities, service desk, and reporting features were particularly valuable in maintaining the performance and security of my clients' systems. The intuitive user interface and ease of use made it simple to navigate and access the various features. While there were some limitations in customization, the core functionalities of Atera were reliable and effective. Overall, Atera proved to be a valuable solution for my IT management needs, helping me deliver efficient and high-quality services to my clients.

PROS

One of the things I liked most about Atera was its all-in-one approach to IT management. The platform offered a comprehensive suite of tools and features that covered various aspects of IT support and service delivery. I particularly appreciated the integrated remote monitoring and management (RMM) capabilities, which allowed me to proactively monitor and maintain my clients' systems. The ticketing system and service desk were also well-designed, providing a centralized place to track and manage customer requests. Additionally, Atera's reporting and analytics features provided valuable insights into the performance and health of my IT infrastructure. Overall, the holistic approach of Atera simplified my IT management processes and improved efficiency.

CONS

one aspect I liked least was the limited customization options in certain areas. While the platform offered a range of pre-built templates and workflows, there were instances where I wanted more flexibility to tailor the system to my specific needs. For example, I found some limitations in customizing the appearance and branding of the customer portal. However, despite these minor limitations, the core functionalities of Atera were robust and effective in meeting my IT management requirements.

Steven

Reviewed April 2019

Atera, the one stop, low cost, go to, for all your IT Managed Services needs

When we started our IT Managed Services business, we had gone with another vendor for PSA, RMM, and Remote Support. After spending thousands of dollars and wasting untold hours doing configurations, we thought that there had to be a better way. That is when we found Atera! I only wish we would have found Atera sooner because we would have saved so much time and money. It is clear that Atera was built from the ground up, by people who understand what it's like to run an MSP. We setup the free trial, then had Atera up and running in literal MINUTES. Seriously, in minutes we had the entire thing configured, with our branding and email and automated ticketing responses. Also, the fact that you are not charged for every agent has been such a blessing to our clients because that means that, we are able to put agents onto systems that we otherwise would not have. So, even system that only get break fix support, can now have an agent on them, which allows us to remotely troubleshoot them. This fact alone saves tons of money and time! Bottom line, if you are a new MSP or even a seasoned provider, you will get a tremendous value from choosing or switching to Atera. One last thing I will say. Since Atera recently moved the entire platform over a Microsoft Azure infrastructure, they have been pushes out updates and improvements a breakneck pace!

PROS

Low cost of entry and low monthly cost No cost for per agent VERY easy setup VERY easy to use

CONS

Not as feature rich as some of the pricier competitors, but since moving to Microsoft Azure, they have been adding new features left and right!

Thanks so much Steven! We truly appreciate your great feedback and are happy to say that we are continuing to make daily updates to make your experience even better!

Replied April 2019