• Pros

• "After a trial and some Help desk support calls, I learned how to use it. What I like most is the simplicity of its configuration. "

• "It was easy to use and implement across the company. "

• "It’s easy to use. It does the job. I makes my job easier."

• Cons

• "The only Con that comes to mind is sometime while upgrading the license needs to be reapplied. Not a big issue but only con I have."

• "I wish there was a way to have users request sites to be unlocked."

• "One drawback: it only works on Windows machines. It also took me months of searching to find this solution after testing and rejecting products from other vendors. "

Browse BrowseControl Reviews

Ken from Shoreline Sightseeing

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Great software and support

We have used other web filtering and block programs before and CurrentWare has been the best for us and at a great price. Some of our workstations work via VPN and once the agent is installed it still does what we want.

Pros

The software actually does what was advertised and the support is great same day! We were able to have the software up and running on the same day with no issues or even a call/email to their support. We are able to have the control over web access on either the hardware level or user level. We chose user level since our users move from workstation to workstation. Plus we are able to create user groups that define a level of access and move the users between them as needed.

Reasons for Choosing BrowseControl

Price and after testing the product itself.

Response from CurrentWare

Replied August 2019

Hey Ken, Thanks for the great review! Regards, The CurrentWare Team

Jude from Fluid Helix LLC

Very Glad We Found BrowseControl

Since going live with BrowseControl, the number of requests that have come in about the "blocking" software not working has decreased dramatically. Before, it was almost a daily issue, and now it happens every now and then. This is fixed by restarting the Client Service.

Pros

BrowseControl is very simple to setup, and it is very easy to install on the client's computer. Also, the ongoing administration of the devices is easy to maintain.

Cons

The password keeps getting reset to the default value on our client's computers. This is a little concerning overall, but this is not a threat with our current client base.

Response from CurrentWare

Replied August 2019

Hey Jude, Thanks for the great feedback! We appreciate it. Regards, The CurrentWare Team

Luis from Canadian Gem

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

BrowseControl

That's the one the company owns. We use to used a GFI blocker app which never worked properly. The policies were terrible to set at that moment. Furthermore, the annual fee was increased dramatically.

Pros

Cons

When an update comes or is installed, some times is a bit messy the way to recover the new license and those stuff, in terms of time I'm speaking. Also, the Remote Client Install has never work in my case.

Response from CurrentWare

Replied July 2019

Hi Luis, Thanks very much for the positive note about BrowseControl. Our team is always working on trying to improve the upgrade process so we appreciate the feedback! Regards, The Currentware Team

Joshua from AI Global Media Ltd

Great Software

Pros

It was easy to use and implement across the company.

Cons

Could do with more features and a better looking interface.

Response from CurrentWare

Replied September 2019

Hi Joshua, Thanks for the feedback. Our team is always looking to improve the product so appreciate your feedback! Regards, The CurrentWare Team

Nicholas from First Choice Health

Easy to Setup and Administer

I've been very happy with the product. We bought it and deployed it and it worked as described from day one. We've had no issues.

Pros

I like that once the software is setup and deployed, the mainlining and updating of the product is self contained. I don't have to worry about creating new update packages or configurations. The product works like its supposed to.

Cons

There can be slowness in the product when running the management console on a client machine, but thats not a unique problem to this product either.

Reasons for Choosing BrowseControl

Yes, because other products gave me what I needed, but I would of had to purchase a whole suite of products. They allowed me to purchase exactly what I needed, so that is great from a cost perspective.

Response from CurrentWare

Replied August 2019

Hey Nicholas, Thanks for the great 5 star review, our team really appreciates it. Regards, The CurrentWare Team

Gerard from Gerard belhumeur dds

Amazingly easy setup with great support

It allows my workers to use the internet and make money for the practice without distraction/temptation to use personal websites/email/shopping.

Pros

The support and ease of setup. As a novice I was able to set up with help from support in about an hour. Previous software took forever and didnt work as advertised. This software worked right out of the box.

Cons

No cons to speak of, I have zero complaints about the software

Response from CurrentWare

Replied July 2019

Hi Gerald, Great to hear that BrowseControl meets your needs! We pride ourselves on our simple setup & support so we're excited to hear that you had a great experience. Regards, The Currentware Team

Dan from Township of Nutley

Great software to lock down users access.

Pros

Easy to use and deploy, intuitive interface.

Cons

I wish there was a way to have users request sites to be unlocked.

Response from CurrentWare

Replied August 2019

Hi Dan, Thanks very much for the positive feedback! We appreciate the feedback on allowing users to request sites to be unblocked and will raise this with our product team. Regards, Neel

Scott from Shoreline Sightseeing

Industry: Maritime

Browse Control is a time saver!

Pros

This software was easy to install and customize to our needs. Within minutes we had it up and running with a clear understanding of all the basic tools. Category Filtering is such a time saver and of course saving time is saving money!

Cons

The only con I have is not finding it sooner!

Response from CurrentWare

Replied September 2019

Hey Scott, Thanks for the great feedback, our team appreciates it! Regards, The CurrentWare Team

Robert from YAYOE

Finally, a truly enterprise solution for Windows that filters internet and blocks apps.

In a school computer lab setting, it is important to have granular control of student computers. Most solutions either break down or can be sideswiped or eluded. I find this suite of products to be very solid, easily deployable, and simple to manage.

Pros

Ease of use on account of its very robust admin console that allows for nuanced control of PCs and delivers excellent and useful reports (BrowseReporter). The software is not overly intrusive yet offers outstanding management control. Of the few issues that came up in the install, tech support was beyond outstanding.

Cons

Response from CurrentWare

Replied July 2019

Hi Robert, We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review about Currentware BrwoseControl. Glad to hear that you find the admin console easy to use and that it's meeting your needs. Regards, The Currentware Team

Evan from Marquette Transportation

Great Software for Whitelist only web filtering

Pros

The console we host here will instantly update all agents on over 100 remote machines in seconds

Cons

Client side to disable filtering can be a bit clunky, if you stop the currentware service, it will disable. Rebooting brings everything back up.

Response from CurrentWare

Replied August 2019

Hi Evan, We appreciate your positive feedback about BrowseControl! Regards, The CurrentWare Team

Kai from Consumer Services

Industry: Capital Markets

Good Application

Pros

Its easy to use. It does the job. I makes my job easier.

Cons

Not too much that I would say I like the least about it

Response from CurrentWare

Replied August 2019

Hi Kai, Thanks for the great feedback, we appreciate it! Regards, The CurrentWare Team

John from JWG

Web Filter that's Easy to Use

I was able to download BrowseControl and install it in a few minutes. The software is very easy to use and I stared blocking my employee's Internet immediately.

Pros

Easy of use. It works out of the box.

Cons

It only works on Windows

Response from CurrentWare

Replied July 2019

Hi John, Thanks very much for your positive feedback about BrowseControl. We are glad that the software meets your needs at JWG. Regards, The Currentware Team

John S from Trans-Management Systems

Industry: Computer Networking

Perfect for our needs

Prompt & great communications

Pros

Simple to both Whitelist & Blacklist Websites; turn on & off, Restriction Controls

Cons

Nothing seriously, Slight issue with the uninstall password.

Response from CurrentWare

Replied July 2019

Hey John, Thanks very much for the review on BrowseControl, we're glad you find the software simple to use. Regards, The Currentware Team

israel from Independet Education Center

I am satisfied with the software

The need to filter on the Internet regardless of the ISP

Pros

Central Management Interface. Simple installation,

Cons

Not able to monitor blocked pages or apps

Response from CurrentWare

Replied August 2019

Hi Israel, Thanks for the positive feedback, we appreciate it! Regards, The CurrentWare Team

Phil from Byfields

Not bad

Pros

Good reporting functionality that allows me access to staff traffic

Cons

If youre not IT minded its a little hard to navigate

Response from CurrentWare

Replied August 2019

Hey Phil, Thanks for the great review! We are glad you enjoy using BrowseControl at Byfields. Regards, The CurrentWare Team

November 2012

Sai from CW

November 2012

BrowseControl is the perfect Internet filtering solution in our office

I would recommend this software to people that needs an Internet filter software for small business. This software was very easy to deploy and works out of the box.

Pros

- Blocks websites - Blocks application from running - Block certain file types from being downloaded - Easy setup and deployment

Cons

- The UI can be improved - I didn't get a chance to contact support because I had no issue with the software.