(1,832)

1,832

Browse Norton AntiVirus Reviews

Carlos from Rey & Cía.

Industry: Import and Export

A complete antivirus, a perfect option.

My experience is good, I have been using it for over 6 months and I'm so satisfied, also because it doesn't use many resources.

Pros

It gives the user a lot of freedom when it comes to handling adding exceptions, for example. In turn, the firewall works masterfully, not leaving our computer exposed to threats, its design is also very beautiful.

Cons

Compared to other options, the price is somewhat high, but in my opinion it's worth every penny.

Reasons for Switching to Norton AntiVirus

I switched because Avast has become very commercial lately, they constantly offer their payment plans and they don't care about computer security.

Ahmad from URDA

Your information is safe with Norton AntiVirus

By the nature of my business, I need a tool that keeps the vast, important, and confidential data I deal with. After a lot of searching I found this great tool "Notron Antivirus"... It protects all my information non-stop. It protects my e-mail and the information it contains in addition to my computer's memory and many other things until it provides me with safe browsing on the Internet. Once this tool prevented me from opening a hacked email... It's really cool

Pros

It is a great and professional software and everything in it is great, but what I like the most about this application is that it protects my email from any possible threat or hacking process. It continues to work and always check without any interruption

Cons

It's a great software, designed with the highest degree of professionalism, and the smallest feature in it is that I really like it. With my use of this software, I found a small but wonderful thing, which is that this software, despite its many features and great functions, does not consume anything from RAM or processor while working in the background.

Reasons for Choosing Norton AntiVirus

The many features offered within this software made me want to try it.

Speed and blocking

Choosing a software that fulfills analysis and protection functions as in the case of this one is not easy. The web world is full of programs that sell a pig in a poke and although this is not one hundred percent that case, it is real that it is a program that leaves much to be desired and that to comply with everything it claims to have, requires a user to act as a "monitor" of it.

Pros

It is a software that has a slightly more user-friendly interface than its competitors (of the same product). It has a system that makes it easy to use for both the user looking for advanced protection/cleaning and those looking for something more basic.

Cons

It is a software that although it has a certain reliability with what it claims to offer. It is tremendously slow in its analysis and control. It is not reliable, nor is it one hundred percent accurate in its control. Which is serious because if you are not an advanced user are details that go unnoticed and that you do not take into account and can end up affecting the equipment you want to protect.

Melissa from Tom Cater Auto Sales

Best AntiVirus software on the market!

Pros

I love how easy Norton AntiVirus is to set up across all of our devices. It does a great job at protecting our software and information. We have tried other software in the past and nothing compares to Norton!

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about Norton Antivirus.

Reasons for Choosing Norton AntiVirus

It gives us coverage over all of our devices for a fair price.

Reasons for Switching to Norton AntiVirus

Norton was a seamless transition and gives us top notch security

Shaun from Retail/Self-Employed

Industry: Fund-Raising

Norton is overhyped, save your money and roll with smaller companies!

It offers you the bare minimum to keep your PC from further infections of malware, adware, and/or viruses. However, in my experience, I have yet to see it make my PC more optimized and failed to quarantine items that should have been. Don't rely on this product if you have prior issues on your PC that need to be addressed and cleaned out of your system.

Pros

For the basic minimum Norton offers you the firewall and web browsing security on your devices from things such as malware, adware, and viruses. Norton does offer the ability to check your website's security before entering with a green marker for the passing site and a red marker for a dangerous site. Normally Norton automatically doesn't allow you to pass through red marked sites without you selecting the button at the bottom of the screen.

Cons

Despite the fact I spent money on Norton security, I noticed no difference in the optimization of my PC. I kept cleaning my device with the scanner and Norton had not found things that another provider in security software for free had found for me, that was slowing down my PC. I was disappointed at that point.

Reasons for Choosing Norton AntiVirus

Once again was offered a better deal and needed to act under a limited time before I missed it.

Reasons for Switching to Norton AntiVirus

Was offered a good deal at the time.

Julie from CF

Industry: Chemicals

December 2021

Norton is with the money

Norton is the only antivirus program o love and trust. I love that I can get life lock for a bit extra. I love that Norton blocks intrusions automatically and I can review my reports when the intrusion occurs. It also protects me on the internet as well. It is maintenance free!

Pros

I love that I can rely on Norton to block intrusions and even quarantine a Trojan virus. I love that I can run a quick scan or a full scan at any time. I look at the reports to see when my computer has had an intrusion attempt. The reports are very detailed and I can usually trace what website I visited when it happened.

Cons

It is a bit pricey., but is certainly is better than any other software I have purchased in the past. I truly believe you get what you pay for, so it is definitely worth spending the extra money for safety purposes.

Reasons for Switching to Norton AntiVirus

Norton had so much more to offer. I did not feel very protected with the McAfee.

Armand from New York City Department of Education

Norton AntiVirus

I have really enjoyed using this service because they are consistent and reliable and do exactly what they say they will and that is to protect my phones and iPad

Pros

I love Norton AntiVirus and have used it for the last 10 years and will continue to use it for a long time because you get what you pay for: reliability, security and peace of mind

Cons

The only thing I don't like about Norton AntiVirus is that sometimes their customer service is a bit delayed but that is because I call during peak hours at lunch so maybe I should choose a better time.

Reasons for Switching to Norton AntiVirus

I have heard really good things about Norton so I wanted to give them a shot and I don't regret doing so.

Theresa from self-employed

Industry: Utilities

Great Product and a Must Have Today

I work for a client that has me review websites that I must open and view to see if they are the type of website that our company is looking to be partnered with. I also use Malware Bytes which picks up most issues, but there are times that Malware Bytes does not pick up an issue and Norton does. I feel very well protected.

Pros

It really works the way it said it does. It catches websites all the time that are shady or have flat out Trojans and other viruses on them. It also "sanitizes" documents that I download.

Cons

I had a bit of trouble with customer service. Not sure if I did something incorrectly or if it was an issue with Norton.

Reasons for Switching to Norton AntiVirus

I had used AVG free for years with success, however, with reviewing websites for my client, I felt I needed better protection and heard an ad on the radio, so I made the switch and felt like I would be better protected.

Scott from SmokeShop Creations Ltd

Homeland security for the everyday person.

The fact of peace of mind when it comes to security for my business networking is something of no comparison to any other notion.

Pros

The ease of installation and fluidity of the software is what I deem it's most appealing attribute by far. I base my recommendation to anyone on these factors. It shows the quality and attentive programming skills put into the development of such a prestigious product.

Cons

There are not any negative aspects I could say except I suppose price as with any product I suppose, otherwise I would be hard-pressed to offer up a negative aspect.

Reasons for Choosing Norton AntiVirus

Norton seemed to have the better options for the pricing.

With Norton Antivirus, I feel completely safe

Sometimes the computer becomes very slow while searching for viruses, and often leave the device without opening any other file because it consumes a large proportion of RAM

Pros

The best for years in integrated and comprehensive protection from attacks, spyware and cache, and it is considered a good value for a respectable price compared to the competition

Cons

Relatively slow in dealing with and searching for viruses It consumes more ram The length of the search period may take more time than the competition

Reasons for Switching to Norton AntiVirus

I wanted to try it first, and I hoped to find another that was better and lighter to deal with

Josías from Joso Productions

Is Norton Antivirus an Efficient Software?

My overall experience with Norton Antivirus has been really good. The tools it offers to keep my device safe and virus-free are efficient and easy to understand.

Pros

What I like the most about Norton Antivirus is the ability it has to scan applications that I have downloaded and websites that I visit quickly and efficiently because every time this software encounters a feature that could damage my device it notifies me quickly and the reasons why an application or website is not trustworthy.

Cons

What I like least about Norton Antivirus is that its payment plans can be considered expensive and it does not have multi-license pricing. In this regard, I recommend using Norton Antivirus for large companies or if you work with unfamiliar applications and websites all the time.

Reasons for Choosing Norton AntiVirus

I chose Norton Antivirus over these applications because Norton seems to me to be a professional application that performs its tasks quickly and effectively.

Richard from AMPM MEDICAL TRANSPORTATION

Industry: Translation and Localization

Review of Norton Security

My overall experience What is product is that Norton anti virus actually acted like a virus and That's just the truth.

Pros

What I like most about the product is that any activity suspicious or not I was notified immediately either by email or a soon as I opened up my computer.

Cons

What I like least about this Norton security is that a hat so Mini pop-ups even after I went the extra mile purchased via extended Security I still Received so many popups. Swap decided to go with the Microsoft what's I set up at the day I had no more popups and I still get the same notifications.

Reasons for Choosing Norton AntiVirus

Norton anti virus came standard with the device.

Alexis from NA

This antivirus is powerfull

Pros

Includes online backup, firewall, exploit protection, password manager, and other bonus features

Cons

One of the thing thath didn't like me was the price tag

Faisal Faruque from FFR

The Antivirus That Actually Works!

I have been using Norton AntiVirus for a long time now. So, I think I am now in a position to comment about the overall user experience. An unpopular opinion, most of the antivirus in the market are gimmicks. Some are actually useful and Norton is the best of them. The overall user experience is superb. Although nowadays Windows comes with a built-in powerful security system, I can't really depend on that for my office computers. This is when Norton came as a lifesaver. It helps me monitor all my office computers and keep them secure. Also, the developer team is very helpful in terms of after-sales support. This is not only a standalone or offline antivirus system, rather it is a complete package consisting of a firewall, VPN, parental controls, and many more.

Pros

When it comes to antivirus, you can't say for sure that this will give me a hundred percent protection. But in terms of Norton AntiVirus, I can confidently say that it will surely protect you against all the common threats and privacy issues. Norton is an old player in the market with a lot of experience in this industry. Also, they are quite careful about the users' data security and privacy. The installation and administration are hassle-free too. I can easily monitor all my office computers for any threats. The dashboard is designed beautifully keeping the new users in mind. I haven't seen any other antivirus program loaded with this many features. I love the VPN feature most because it lets me browse the internet without revealing my IP address which is necessary for privacy. At first, I used the trial version and after a week I immediately subscribed for the paid plan. I must say it's worth it and I will recommend this to anyone.

Cons

I hate nothing about Norton AntiVirus. But there are a few things that should be improved. For example, the real-time scanning feature should be optimized a bit more. Also, there should be some option for the power users to automate and schedule regular tasks. If the developers can improve this two sides, Norton will be unbeatable.

Reasons for Choosing Norton AntiVirus

One of my friends told me about Avira antivirus while I was asking for recommendations. Then I researched on the internet and found that Avira is a good antivirus too. But for my use case scenario, Norton provide me the best value and I got more features compared to Avira. That's why I chose Norton over that and I will never regret it.

Crystal from Independent contractor

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Norton AntiVirus like having a personal body guard for each member of the family!

My overall experience was very good. Like I said before definitely not a must have for everyone but it is for most depending on your level of online use or your interactions with new websites, apps etc. I work online alot and my internet use varies month to month. So overall if your someone visiting new sites downloading new apps etc. Pr have a large family with a wide range of internet users and use. Or own a small company you should definitely have some protection and Norton AntiVirus is more then efficient for this. I'd say it's a must have. People often times dont realize how important internet security is until they have unfortunately been exposed to identity theft or a data breach in some way. I'd rather avoid a problem if I can and this software definitely does what it was created to do. Thus helping you to avoid a terrible experience altogether.

Pros

I really liked this software because its fairlyteasy to use it has several features to choose from and gives you control over how much or how little protection you want or need. It helps protect against viruses and cyber scams while educating you which sites, apps etc. are a threat. All the while not nearly as intrusive as some of their competitors. They offer a free trial which is great! Giving you the opportunity to properly use their software and decide if it's a good fit for your family or company. The lowest paid version is around $40 which I think is a bit step but still reasonable enough that your not breaking the bank so to speak. Customer service has always been easy for me to reach and helped me to dissolve any issues I had encountered. It keeps my personal device clean of unnecessary junk files and in turn makes for more storage and a quick and smoother running device. A couple cons they will not remove your card information from your file unless your closing your account. This is an open door for being mistakenly charged and unless you are paying very close attention you may not realize it.Its lacking in a few areas but still a great product for personal, family or small businesses. Overall I gave it a 4 star rating definitely more useful almost necessary then not depending on your daily routine and online uses.

Cons

Wouldn't let me remove my card information unless I cancelled my account. Had to repeatedly update my passwords as it kept trying to use my old one. The lowest package which is around $40 I believe is a bit steep especially if your using it for personal protection for yourself or your family.

A surprisingly light weight antivirus solution

Norton ticks all the boxes for AV compliancy, it appears to be lightweight with competitive pricing. And finally, nobody got fired for buying Norton

Pros

Norton works mostly in the background without impacting user activity. We haven't been impacted by malicious software since installing (touch wood!) and the initial and renewal prices have been competitive.

Cons

Having to trouble shoot adding a computer and user to the domain, which required disabling Norton momentarily. No warning or log entry were apparent and it took several hours to solve the issue. Slightly annoying web pop ups can occur infrequently and intermittently but only impact on productivity for the time it takes to close the browser tab.

Reasons for Choosing Norton AntiVirus

Pricing and it seemed to review as well or better than the competition at the time.

Reasons for Switching to Norton AntiVirus

AVG seemed to impact computer performance and renewal pricing increased.

Abbas from Bahria University Islamabad

Industry: Oil & Energy

Norton Antivirus.. Your first line of defense against viruses and malewares.

Norton Antivirus is one of the mostly used and widely known antivirus software. Knowing that our files and computers are protected from malware, ransomware or cyber attacks that could be costly or disruptive to our businesses and/or personal lives gives me a great sense of security and relief.

Pros

Norton Security is a sophisticated antivirus programme for your computer. The tool offers excellent protection against malware, ransomware, identity theft, and web and email attacks. Advanced Firewall and VPN capabilities are useful for keeping your device secure. The Norton updates and threat protection are the best features. The Norton team releases daily updates to improve their software's ability to combat newly discovered threats. Cloud storage and parental control are among the other functions. These advanced features are only available as part of a high-priced package, so we have to choose according to our needs. The pricing plans are reasonable, and the protection is excellent. One of the most reliable brands and names in computer security.

Cons

To work properly and on full potential Nortin Antivirus, like its other counterpart softwares, consumes a lot of hardware resources like CPU and RAM making your computer work a bit slow..

Reasons for Switching to Norton AntiVirus

Wasn't as effective as Norton and also lacked some features.

Matthew from WIN

Norton provides a good basic security suite; their VPN is horrible, though.

Good basic security suite for WIN computers.. built-in firewall, port monitoring, anti-virus. Their VPN is horrible, though.

Pros

Easy to use software for use as a security suite.. anti-virus, firewall, etc. Norton is essentially the standard that other security software is referred to..

Cons

Norton's VPN is horrible.. it slows down your internet connection to a crawl. Also, their VPN has to by turned on manually every time you reboot. It doesn't stay on.. I stopped using their VPN due to the internet speed issue, but still use Norton for their other features.

JEFF from LEVY, SAG-AFTRA

Norton Security-Coverage in all forms from internet threats

It has all been stated above and with 20 + years serving as a great protection choice for our most vulnerable private information it certainly speaks for itself. There was that inner voice setting off panic at times which I have fortunately turned to an inner voice that says trust.Trust is how I think Norton overall has stayed on top and shown itself to be a leader in the internet protection world. From large scale companies to everyday users, Norton Protection has come in handy and likely has protected us from a harmful intrusion somewhere along the way. On the personal side where we fend for ourselves Norton gives peace of mind. And that is just what we need.

Pros

Norton is THE name of trust when even thinking about your web and internet vulnerability. It has endured the tests that time presents and keep us feeling a little safer. Often a lot safer. I like its strength in actual action when presented with a malware, spyware or virus intrusion. I have considered it the top of the line compared to many others simply due to its rapid discovery and removal of PC and phone threats at a fraction of the cost of other similar software security applications.

Cons

I have wondered at times if computer protection was often tied to actual attacks. I'd look at a situation, mostly on the user experience level ( affecting me on my device )and think timing is odd or proximity to the package expiration and random attack are quite close?We all have been there. And for a bit of time I'd make a connection that wasn't true. That is my largest dislike-the time involved to gain pure trust. But it does exist and is evident on all 3 levels of Norton plans. I used to dislike that this was the "promoted" option when getting a new self use item but not anymore. It has saved me many times and when not part of a company product or inclusion, it has always been easy to acquire on my own. I do think that while costs remain low that they could actually team up better with other software bundles or companies and give us even more freedom and less limitations. As an example a Norton 360 Standard only covers 2 personal devices. I have more so I have to navigate around and make choices.

Simeen from vintage blooming

I have confidence it will do it job

Pros

I like that is it pretty hassle free once I install it. I feel fairly confident with that my computer is safe.

Cons

I don't like the auto renewal at twice the price I paid the 1st year, especially since that 1st year price is abundantly available to new users. I call every year when it renews and they have always refunded the difference, but I feel loyal customers should get it renewed at the same price it is available to new users.

Best Complete Anti-Virus Suite

I'm so happy and fully satisfied with Norton. I've tried AVG and Avast before but Norton gives the best performance.

Pros

I've been using Norton for my PC and Mac for several years now and it has protected both very well. It's very easy to use and customize (i.e. adding some programs to Exception List or Firewall). It detects which programs are a threat and quarantines them immediately. You'll get a notification once that happens and you can make adjustments if needed (if it was detected incorrectly). Their licensing is also cross platform which is a big factor for me. The license can be used on both computers and mobile.

Cons

Nothing to dislike from this software. I've been using it for years and I will never look for anything else. Price and quality of service is perfect for my needs.

Jonathon from Self Employed

Easy to user, tremendous customer service

Has captured or blocked numerous viruses/cyber attacks over the 10+ years I have used this company's antivirus/internet security products.

Pros

I've rarely had any issues with the program, but whenever I have had an issue it only took one call to get it resolved. They will do what is necessary to make it right again.

Cons

Some difficulty in getting through to customer service (length of time on hold) and, of course, the support staff have heavy accents that that make some of them difficult to understand. Also, still only monitors the 2 inbound and outbound ports for the old pop protocols - this should be updated for the more modern IMAP protocols.

Blake from Midwest Tungsten Service

Industry: Mining & Metals

One piece of the puzzle

We use it for a first line security software that defends against phishing attempts, virus attachments, trojans, malware, etc. It's solid security software for the small and mid-market business. We're a mid-sized manufacturing concern, so we have many sensitive files that need to be protected from outside snoopers.

Pros

Turnkey security software for your small or mid-sized organization. By the time you get larger, you'll want more comprehensive security software. It works well, has high levels of customization, and you can view the threats against which it's protecting on a daily basis.

Cons

Some users complain it's too restrictive and doesn't give them enough flexibility to complete their work, but we'd rather give software permissions on an ongoing basis than make it too lax up front. You'll certainly need more defenses when you get larger, especially when securing mobile devices and VPNs.

Virginia from Freelance

Industry: Writing and Editing

My Friend, Norton, has my back.

!. no adware, spyware or popups 2. automatically scans for problems, leaving me ree to focus on my work 3. identity theft protecion

Pros

When I first used Norton and the free trial ran out I was tempted and succumbed to using the free antivirus programs available. After using them for a while, I realized that there is no substitute for experience. I appreciate the know-how that Symantec has with almost forty years of providing antivirus programs. Most important to me is that it is like having an expert assistant to scan and review my computer for threats to my system. I am a writer and do a lot of research for my characters and their environment, so I am all over the web getting resource material for my writing. This makes me quite vulnerable to identity theft and various intrusions into my cyber-privacy. Norton is always there to back me up and prevent loss to my material and my finances. I like that. Since I have been using Norton I don’t have to worry about pop-ups or nasty windows that threaten to freeze my computer if I don’t call them for technical support. Parental controls are included, although I do not have any children using my computer; my friends do and they find this feature helpful. The PC cloud back up is important to me as a writer since I do not ever want to lose my work and have to try to recreate it. I feel very comfortable using Norton Anti-virus because it allows me to have confidence that my online privacy is secure and I don’t have to be constantly wary of cyber intrusions.

Cons

It is difficult to fid fault with this software. I am a user, not a software expert. I amvery happy to use it an itt wuits my cyber lifestyle very well.

Mary from The Good Cat Company

Norton Security is Like Working with an Old Friend...Very Reliable

Overall, in the past, my experience was a good one with Norton Security. If changes had not been made to their customer service department, I would still be with them today.

Pros

Norton Security has served my company well over the years. With it's ease of use, I have become very use to it's reliability. In a recent case, maybe too reliable. Before I get into that, though, I would like to say that the ease of Norton is amazing. And, until recently, their customer service was surpassed by none. I had used Norton Security for my business since 1999 and been very happy with the product. Something, however, must have changed because the Norton that I had loved became a company that I no longer wanted to deal with and, unfortunately, changed security software.

Cons

It's not so much the software that I have been disappointed with , but rather customer service. When I originally started using Norton, customer service was phenomenal. On the few instances that our company had security problems, the folks from Norton were right there. Their IT staff was incredible and understanding. Our company is entirely online, so when something happens with security, we cannot work and that is a loss of money. The last problem that occurred, the customer service people were not as helpful as they had been in the past. It was this that made me re think Norton as a security system and whether or not I wanted to continue with them in the future. At present, I am using a different security software and like it. Will I give Norton Security another in the future? I could, but their customer service would have to change for me to come back.

Jenna from Freelance Graphic Designer

Industry: Graphic Design

The Best Protection For Your Money!

Overall, the experience has been fairly pleasant! the initial set-up is easy, you can set up when scans happen at any time of the day or night, and it's not too much of an inconvenience! I've had apps before like Avast where there's been constant pop-ups that aren't even helpful, and it's basically "ads" trying to get me to update to a high subscription package to get the best virus protection. Norton doesn't bug you like that, and let's you upgrade on your own free will. It runs in the background and sometimes you forget it's even there! There's hardly any notifications unless it's a malware issue or anything related to that, or idle scans. It's so nice!

Pros

Norton is always on top of everything. Even if you're not well-versed in everything that has to do with computers or the internet, Norton takes care of you and tells you if what you just downloaded is good or bad, if the web page you're on is good or bad, and also when your next scan is coming so you can prepare for it (i.e. closing down apps, software, etc. that you may need to save progress on).

Cons

Sometimes it "overthinks" downloads and websites. What I mean by this, is I could be on a site that's trusted, and any and all downloads are 100% clean. But it will still mark downloads and sites as dangerous and will either restrict access to them, or immediately delete a download. And sometimes it's downloads that take more than 10 minutes to complete that get automatically deleted, so it's like a waste of time waiting for it to download, only to find out Norton deleted it soon after.

A Complete Antivirus Suite

Norton keeps my devices safe, allowing me to maintain productivity without having to worry about security issues. Auto-update keeps things protected even in a rapidly-changing world of computer threats.

Pros

Norton Security is extremely easy to use and has been my primary antivirus software on all of my personal computers and devices for over a decade. The program is effective in that it catches and secures threats quickly to avoid harm to my system. The scans are always thorough, and I appreciate that the software is easy to use, even for those who may sometimes struggle with advanced computer features. But the advanced features are present for any users who can take advantage of the program's capabilities.

Cons

My main issue is the length of time that the scan can take to complete. I understand that scanning hundreds of thousands of files can take time, but the program can be a bit heavy on system resources while it is carrying out the scan. Still, this is an issue with all antivirus software, so it is hardly a complaint.

Angel from Homeless Services Network of Central Florida

Norton has Progressed

Norton has come a long way in keeping up with protecting computer users. I never use to recommend the software and was never happy about the need to keep up with all of the updates needed. Now things are more automated and have less undesirable things for me as a user to do.

Pros

I like the ease of use and that when you set it up you can forget about it and it still will protect your machine. Most of the computers sold have this software suite bundled so that helps make the decision.

Cons

The need to take away from my computers memory and processing speed to protect me while online. The processing power is used and that is not preferred.

Shaun from GCU

Best Anti-Virus Software

The benefits of this software is that the licenses available to purchase come with the ability of being used on multiple devices, such as desktops, tablets and even mobile phones. This increases the protection of everyones devices bringing ease to downloading files.

Pros

The main pro to this software is that its user interface is very easy to use. It comes with different labelled tabs and different large squares with different symbols indicating to the user if they want to run different searches. Not only does it come with Anti-Virus protection but it also helps to optimise computer performance, by allowing the user to use the software to perform disk defragmentations. The customer support for norton is one of the best too as they are always happy to help with any issues, whether they may be installation or compatibility issues.

Cons

The main downside to norton would be that it does use up a lot of resources, due to its processes requiring a vast amount of computer memory (RAM) in order to run efficiently.

John from GIGLY LTD

Norton Symantec is great - but it comes at a cost!

Great. Loved dealing with the Symantec team in South Africa. Really helpful and knowledgeable about the product.

Pros

Instantly you feel more secure when you see the Norton Symantec logo. Love the EV (Extended Validation) feature (apart from the cost). Love the fact that it's authenticated against Companies House, and Dun and Bradstreet = before they issue your EV cert. Call me vain, but i love the fact that EV allows you to display your company name in the URL bar.

Cons

It's a bit complicated to set up, but given the nature of the product - that's to be expected. I think it is slightly over-priced when compared to free of charge Open Certs. The fact that you have to pay (the same again) for every sub-domain is a bit hefty (but i understand why).

Sarah from SJCC

A Virus Protection System with Experience

You get what you pay for and in this case, its quality. Its dependable and we've been using it for years without any reason to change products.

Pros

I'll start with this--there are dozens and dozens of malware protection programs available to computer users. That being said, there are few of those that have stood the test of time and that have been around as long as Norton as. It certainly has a reputation of first-class and they have continued to put our a product that does what it is supposed to do, protect you. It is simple. Install it and it does the work for you. If you'd like to check in with Norton, open up the window and see what tasks it has been up to most recently and what is has been scanning. While there is certainly the option of running a scan on demand, Norton will take care of it for you. This is definitely my favorite feature because I never have to think about it. Another feature is that it has expanded its add ons for web browsing. Because not everything is downloaded, Norton understands that surfing the web can be risky and it will block web pages or tell you when a web site doesn't look up to par.

Cons

With great power comes, well, a need for a great space. I will say that using a newer computer and newer version of Windows, I have not encountered any issues with Norton slowing down processes or using too much RAM space. That being said, my old computer seemed painfully slow and my coworkers agree. Since Norton is constantly scanning, it can, and will, slow things down if you are using an older computer.

Anthony from ART

Under Norton's Protection

As a private user, I am very pleased with my experience with this security. Also at the same time the app does not take too much of my computer memory up either. I have had issues in the past with really bloated security software. Many times that would get in the way of using Art programs like Photoshop or Illustrator which have a high demand for cpu memory usage.

Pros

I like the warnings I receive that make me think twice about websites I visit. I think the user interface is simplified for anyone to understand. The ability to optimize the disks and clear out all the extra trash left on browsers is spectacular. I regularly use the application for scanning for virus's and I have not yet got one. Most likely due to the live Auto protect that shuts down any suspicious activity.

Cons

My only real complaint is that I wish it had even more. I know there are other Norton products that could be added on to make it a more complete suite. For example a VPN perhaps. Other than that, I am pretty happy with the software.

Jeremy from Highway 12 Motorsports

It has the functions...and some of the headaches...

Their products do what they say they will do, but their products are best geared for big business, in my opinion. My best advice, especially to small businesses considering their network products, is that the network and computer hardware you have may be burdened with "extra" processor-hogging tasks and processes. If you ever need to uninstall their products in the future, you will save yourself some time by formatting your systems and reinstalling your OS. It really is the only way to ensure you're not giving up speed and functionality to a product you no longer use.

Pros

Online security is at the forefront of business concerns these days, and I start by saying that as a Business Manager, I have been exposed to alot of Norton products over the years. They do maintain the leader board on products for thwarting hijacks, viruses, network protection and the other major concerns most prevalent. Having used a number of products over the years, as I am sure you also have, the concerns I have with their products really are not so much about the products themselves as much as their burden on the systems that actually use their products. I believe because they are so closely attached to many major corporations that developing products for small business is not worth their time. With that said, you can see my "cons" statement.

Cons

Due to the nature of the major retail franchise I was with that was partnered with Norton, I won't disclose how often I had Norton issues, and quite honestly I believe the burden of some of their product development is the over-burden their major security products puts on the actual computer systems of a business network. It is true, their security evaluates in real-time, and you will, therefore, experience some "lag"; however, the more products you have on ANY system will have this issue. That said, working with the franchise technical support over issues related to the heavy computer-processor burden of the Norton products, and the fact that they had to have special software to totally remove Norton products, in the event it ever needed to be uninstalled, makes it a bit worrisome on many fronts. In a day and age of hacks and leaks and fraudulent activity within major organizations, I honestly am not comfortable turning over the confidential security brains of my organization to a third-party in totality. Once you install Norton on a basic home computer or business system, you will not be able to totally uninstall their product. You can go through their uninstall process, you can call their Technical Support and let them walk you, you can then try to justify if your mind that it has been done, but chances are pretty good that there are at the very least, a bunch of little scatter-brained pieces lying around in your system hogging your processor speed and storage.

CD from Public Schools K-12

Bet your money on this.

As stated above, Norton sweeps clean and gets the job done. My information, passwords, and data are protected online and offline.

Pros

I swear by this software, and have been using this for over 10 years. Software automatically sweeps computer and network for Viruses and other malware. The sweeps and scans are thorough and can be used for any date or time.

Cons

Price, however, you get what you pay for. I have used cheaper services and still found viruses on my computer. Norton sweeps clean and gets the job done.

dishant from Lionbridge

Improved the security of our systems

We have been using this software in our systems from the past two years. It is essential for any organization to keep its online assets secure and so we are also not an exception. Norton Security will take care of all your internet related activities and will try its best to keep your system secure from any hacking attempt. I will recommend it to others looking for their personal use or any professional purpose.

Pros

Norton is the best security solution. It can effectively protect all your devices. Protecting online security and personal or professional data is a very crucial thing today. Whenever you're connected to the Internet, Norton will monitor all your activities in real-time and blocks or notifies about any potentially harmful activity happened. The virus definition of the Norton is updated regularly, and new threats and viruses are always added in it. Thus, making sure that your system gets the maximum security every time. The best thing that I loved about the Norton Security is their 100% virus protection guarantee. Whenever your system gets infected with a virus, you can directly get in touch with Norton's excellent customer support. You will be provided with the services of one of their expert, and the expert will assist you remotely in restoring your system to the safe state. If they failed to do so, you'd get your money back.

Cons

Norton is an excellent virus protection system but, it is not as efficient is detecting the rootkits than its competitors like Malwarebytes. I have used many other antiviruses also but, Norton consumes much memory while performing a regular or a scheduled scan. Thus, making the system a lot slower while performing any other task alongside it.

YagneshKumar from ProfitSword, LLC

Best Security Suite Ever!!

Using Norton Security Suite i have the feeling that my PC is always protected, Also any applications i download from the web it will run an initial scan of that application before the installation is triggered, if the application is not a genuine application it will not install. I fee like my money is well spent on Norton Security Suite which i have been using for years now. I encourage users to use the software.

Pros

Norton Security Suite is one of the best security software in terms of protecting again attacks such as; malware, spyware, Trojans, and etc. Some of the features that i use day to day are; Performance Scan, which deleted registry items that not being used or old, deletes all browsing history for all browsers with one click, Backups-- I schedule monthly backups into norton's cloud storage, then there is frequent scans that Norton Security Suites starts automatically. The RAM space uses a lot for some reason with these security software. The Updates running automatically in the background with the need for me to actually open the software and click the update button physically. For The price of the software i am getting tons of features at my disposal to use.

Cons

The RAM space that Norton Security Suite uses i feel like most of the time my comp is running a little slower, such as opening applications and closing applications i see a lag, it is due to the fact that the Norton Security Suite is running in the back ground, but the slowness is just for a few minutes, which it could be that the updates are running in the background.

Arnel from Arnel Torcuator

Norton Review

I have consistently had the option to depend on Norton to ensure my documents, character and when I surf on the web. The current utilities for accelerating your PC is extraordinary!

Pros

Perhaps the most unmistakable brands in the antivirus business, Norton have been in the game since 1991. In the principal half of 2007, Norton held a 61% piece of the overall industry of antivirus/security suite items, making them the easily recognized name in PC assurance. Notwithstanding their achievement on the lookout, they have been liable to a ton of analysis in the media ­ as you can envision, through being a prominent name and having a generally utilized piece of programming, any botches from Norton brings about mass bombshell. Norton is scandalous for it's tangled uninstall measure, their expulsion apparatus just eliminating certain parts of the item and leaving others, however should this influence your decision when settling on an Antivirus programming?

Cons

Norton are regularly disgraced for their client service, with many detailed instances of Norton 'security specialists' telling clients their PCs are tainted and should be fixed. Obviously, there never was a contamination and the security specialists charge the client an expense for it to be 'fixed'. We never felt to such an extent as 'conned' by Norton support, however there we unquestionably weren't intrigued by it. Arriving at a point where you can address a human at Norton for help isn't just about as simple as it ought to be, your smartest choice is scanning Google for the 'Get in touch with Us' page. At the point when you do arrive at it, you are offered 'Live Chat' support, which is an extraordinary method of offering and accepting help in the antivirus market. Just as live talk, Norton offer help via telephone. Annoyingly in any case, you need to round out a structure to get a number to call. In circumstances whereby you need help, you are probably going to as of now be disappointed. Assuming you, needed to examine their site just to discover a method of reaching them, it would pester you considerably more. Consider this when settling on your choice on Norton.

Hanah from SheWrites4theLord

Very Good Security Software

Overall, I love it. Like I said before I have tried other ones and to me this one does the best job. It tells me to the point what's currently going on with my CPU and it does it's job. I have had this for years, so most likely I won't change to another one.

Pros

The user interface and program to me is the best one out there. I have tried many other security software programs and this one works for me. I have tried to download another similar one and I used to have loads of issues with it. I kept having downloading issues as well with another similar software, but this one works smooth for me. I love how Norton Security always updates. One time a long time ago I had a virus and it caught it. This software caught it and helped me figure out where it was. It sent a automatic update and even told me the file. It told me the file area or a similar area where the file was located. Also, the customer service is better than most. They try there best to resolve an issue. I feel like when you talk to them they help. I also like how there are performance updates constantly.

Cons

I disliked the home screen area option. I mean it's not horrible, but I wish there were more detail explanations on that area. You have to click around or click the option buttons to see what is exactly going on with your CPU. I mean it does get the job done, but it would be cool if there were detail areas on it. (So, you wouldn't have to search around everywhere on the main area) Not a big deal, but yea.

Rodrigo from UNISHIPPERS

Protection at home

My experience in general with Norton is more than excellent. I feel the security of the protection when I surf the web, even though I have a teenager at home.

Pros

I have been using this software for more than 3 years, i have it in my personal computers at home and all my family have it in their phones. Not only provide security it also is a good way to protect your passwords.

Cons

What I least like about the product it is that sometimes the webpage manager is not that user friendly as you expect it should be.

Joseph from Life Counseling Services

Industry: Mental Health Care

Security vs Antivirus?

It is an average to good piece of software for a small business. Although it can get expensive if you have too many devices.

Pros

Norton security is an internet security software for businesses and private users. It is produced by Symantec which is considered one of the leaders in global cyber security. Some get confused what Norton Security is versus Norton Antivirus. Norton security is an internet suite that includes an antivirus, firewall, email filter, toolbar etc. If a business already has security software then one may not need Norton Security. On the other hand if your business computers don't have any internet security software then it would be highly recommended to have one, even Norton Security. The other part of Norton Security is that it is subscription based. You can purchase a yearly subscription from their website or places like Amazon. The cost for a yearly subscription via Symantec's website can sometimes be way too high, but I notice it fluctuates. If you buy a subscription off of Amazon, it can be cheaper at times. The next part of Norton Security is the quantity of computers you can put it on. Each subscription gives a limit of how many computers it can be on. Example would be 1 yr subscription on 5 devices or 1 yr subscription for 10 devices. Each has its own price tag so you have to consider if it is right for you.

Cons

The cost from Symantec's website can be too expensive at times.

Roberta from Our Lady of Guadalupe

Value for Your Money

We have had a good experience with the Norton. Initially I had used Norton on stand alone computers and it slowed my computer down considerably. This is no longer an issue. I used a different company a few years back and was very pleased with the transition to Norton.

Pros

It does what it says! We use the Symantec Norton on our server to keep 100+ computers safe from viruses, malware and children mischief. Seriously, it catches many attempted intrusions on our system and sends me alerts when students attempt to violate our terms of service agreement. I never have to worry about the product doing what we pay for.

Cons

In the beginning we had to install on each of the client computers in order for the computer to contact the server for updates etc. This was a big undertaking each time we had a new license or a renewal. Now the program runs from our server and pushes out updates to each client. I really don't have any to do anything.

Reasons for Switching to Norton AntiVirus

It was suggested by the tech company I deal with.

Jeff from MS Metal Solutions

Simple to Use, Runs Very Lightweight on Resources, and Does It's Job Well!

I've been using Symantec's security products for over 12 years, both as a business and consumer customer.

Pros

I've been using Norton/Symantec Security products for over 12 years, and their products just keep getting better and better. Norton Security, particularly over the past 5 years or so, has really improved. It installs clean, quick, and easy, and requires very little CPU and RAM resources to do it's job. The default setting are well-optimized for novice users, yet it offers deeper setting and configuration for those that have an understanding of things like firewall settings, browser security, etc. The mobile version of the product is also exceptionally easy to use and effective! Some of us older people remember Norton's early days of having issues with CPU resource requirements and uninstalls. Those days are long gone, and Symantec / Norton's latest products are smooth, efficient, and solid! In independent comparison tests against competing products, Norton Security continue to be a leading performer. Spend the money and give Norton a try! You will not be disappointed, and your data and security are well worth the small investment!

Cons

The one and only thing that bothers me about this product, is the occasional pop-up ads for other Symantec products / additional features. These can be selected not to show again, but as a paying customer, I do not like to see any pop-up's related to up-selling.

Manish from Cognizant

My lifetime anti virus software

Norton Security is the best anti virus application. It has many important features which are really good like password manager, real time internet protection, quarantine asking.

Pros

I am using Norton Security antivirus since I bought my 1st PC i.e 2007 till then I am using this software. 1) Usually we found anti virus application quite bulky and hangs the PC. This application never hanged my PC . I checked in the task manager many times its RAM consumption is very optimum like I have used few other application also bit my PC started slowing down. 2) It automatically runs full system scan in a week in background hence user is always free from the burden of running antivirus once in a week. 3) Supports features like real time browser/Internet security. 4) Automatic checks for virus from storage devices upon plugin in. 5) Best feature is that if it detected a virus then it will ask user to take a action this feature is best while installing cracks for various torrent files as mostly anti virus treats these crack files as virus and if it deletes them then whole torrent file becomes corrupted. 6) Another best feature is that it act like a wallet to store passwords, keys and other personal keys. We can open these keys from login in to there website hence even if our PC gets corrupted we can still access them.

Cons

No cons I found in this application. I have been using this application since 2007.

Osamah from Princess Sumaya University

Say Good Bye to those pesky viruses!

Simply put, I wanted my PC to be virus-free, and Norton granted that to me! if you are suffering from viruses and online attacks do not hesitate to use Norton, it is not gonna let you down.

Pros

The ability to detect viruses does exist in every Antivirus software, but it differs from one software to another. Norton has a very solid and practical viruses detection, throughout my experience I have noticed that Noroton detects plenty of viruses in almost no time, even those pesky viruses that come in a shape of a new file created automatically every time you insert a flash memory, Norton does detect it and even delete it once and for all. Some Softwares have a very complicated interface that often intimidates the new users, However Norton's interface is very simple, comfortable and easy to use. Anyone can access all of the available features without facing any troubles one of the things that I like about Norton is that it allows you to move protection from one device to another, or even add new protection to your other device. You can also link your phone to Norton and easily detect its place if it ever gets lost!

Cons

Norton uses a lot of the RAM, causing the other programs to run slower. Norton offers new users a one-month free trial, but once the month is concluded they will have to pay to proceed with the service. The fees to get premium is not hight itself, but considering that there are other Antivirus Softwares that provide some viruses protection for free, users tend to go for the free protection regardless of the quality.

Gary from Gary Green Gaming Inc.

Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Comprehensive

I have been using the "Steve Norton" suite of security products since their first version. They not only have they comprehensively state-of-art upgraded, but they have anticipated attack types and never have missed an attack (and they have stopped many).

Pros

Always updating and anticipating next-generation attacks, this software has consistently protected both enterprise and personal computers. Moreover, as other security suites have come and gone (or been acquired and radically modified), Norton has remained consistent, strong, and improved.

Cons

The full suite is a tad pricey; and while it out performs any competitor, it still is expensive and at time blind-sides me with module pricing.

Reasons for Choosing Norton AntiVirus

The founder of the competing product received a lot of bad publicity (including allegations of criminal activities) and the company did not adequately respond to the publicity. It made us wonder what ELSE they were ignoring.

Reasons for Switching to Norton AntiVirus

Norton was more consistent.

Mary from Davidson Memorial UMC

Keeps my computer running like clockwork.

My computer crashed nearly 2 years ago, lost a lot of files, had to recover and start from scratch. Luckily, I had my data saved on flash drives. Never found out the issue, but bought Nortons, and haven't had an issue since. It does it's job.

Pros

I like the fact that once it is installed, and you follow the prompts, it starts running itself. You set the times you want it to scan, it will scan. It will check websites and warn of any issues.

Cons

Sometimes, it pops up a window that wants you to upgrade. You tell it no, and it will do it again the next day. If I'm paying for something, I want to control the issues.

Juan from Knoah Solutions

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

A nice lock for your data and equipment

The experience has been great. Despite the problem with the updates, I still believe that it gets the job done properly and it helps the people in our team work without any worries and interruptions. I personally hate anti-virus software, but it's better to have them in a work place since there is a lot data that needs to be protected and up until now, I don't see why I would change the software.

Pros

I've been using the software for the past 3 years and I can tell you that I'm very convinced about the way it protects everything. It's a very discrete tool and it doesn't bother like other anti-virus or web security software that fills your desktop with pop ups. It just gets the job done without interrupting you with annoying messages and sounds. It also has a very hard to crack UI, which is great because the only ones with access are the IT team and there's no chance that anyone within the office will try to mess with it.

Cons

It has a problem with some updates that if they are not applied, it starts to affect your applications. One of the most common is with chrome browser. Whenever there is a change in the security policies, it blocks the usage of the browser and you have to run chrome in compatibility mode for an older version of windows for it to work properly. If the IT team doesn't update this on time, it will definitely make you waste time or get your browser running without dark mode or any other personalization.

William from Kids Wheels LLC

Excellent Product

I use this on a professional and personal level. I have had to use competitions software and have always come back to Norton.

Pros

Love the excellent protection this software provides against viruses and potential threats. I have had issues where a potential threat was detected and thwarted immediately.

Cons

I have yet to find anything that I dislike at this time. Compared to the other products tried, nothing has compared.

Monday from Fiverr & Upwork

Industry: Writing and Editing

One of the best out there

Norton Security is one of the best security software in the industry and I personally recommend it to anyone who wants to secure their devices. It has helped me in many ways with securing my devices and still helping me.

Pros

Norton Security is one of the best antivirus provider out there. Owing to the fact that it is owned by one of the biggest tech giant in the world its security protection is top notch. I started using Norton in 2011 both for system security and email security and on default it comes with Yahoo mail service. It saved me from many malware that was sent through email to me and also from malware and site which I entered sometimes when browsing. Norton Security should be rated number 1 when looking for any computer security software and their customer service is topnotch and respond to queries on time. I am still using Norton Security for my phone and PC because windows operating system do get infected with virus easily. Norton Security equally have many services that are beneficial and some I have not used though.

Cons

Norton Security considering it to be best is equally quite expensive than other security software that I have seen and used. Their free trial does not allow you to use all their services except you are a premium subscriber and I think there is need for them to open full functionality for users to examine their software performance before purchase.

December 2021

Norton is a complete antivirus service for consumers, with yearly or monthly plans.

Overall, My experience with Norton has been good, I often scan for threats often, I feel confident the firewall and the online threat protection is helping me block unwanted connections from the internet. I feel like I can get what I pay for.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it provides good threat scanning and consistent passive protection. If I were to access a strange website, for example, and I were to encounter a malicious attack, Norton would block me and give me notification of what happened. You can also choose between many prices, whether you want basic protection, which is only $5.99, or better protection, which would add 2 to 5 dollars monthly. The subscription model makes it very convenient to pay for such a service. Most of Norton's competitors have you pay yearly, which can make the average consumer feel like they have to spend what is likely a week's worth of groceries of value at once. With the monthly subscription pricing, it would feel more like just paying a meal's worth of value for a month. That can make a big difference.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that, naturally, if you want more features you must pay more. I mostly have the basic Norton AntiVirus Plus subscription. Norton's basic service does not feature a VPN, which some of its competitors have, for example.

Reasons for Switching to Norton AntiVirus

Mcafee's service seemed too expensive. It's yearly base subscription was too expensive compared to Norton's yearly base subscription.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 3,096 reviews