Browse Association Manager Reviews

May 2015

Bette from North Shore Technology Council

May 2015

It looks simple - but it's a work horse and does a lot!

Pros

Instant response - if I need something changed or updated, it's generally done within a day or two at the most. If I need some special report, likewise a simple explanation of what I am looking for and I have it. The support team is the best I've ever dealt with. And if you have any questions, an email generally solves it within an hour or two.

Cons

I would describe myself as a "power" user. The system is built for the general user with easy to understand screens, reports, etc. While I get everything I really need, there is sometimes more screens to accomplish a task than I think necessary.

Jerry from NYSSSWA

Using 123Sign to Manage NYSSSWA

I was in the market for a new website and all the all inclusive membership management websites were just out of my price range. I decided that the Website was going to be on the WordPress platform. This would make updating content relatively easy. Now I needed a membership platform that would also include events and the ability to generate CEU certificates. Through some of the product evaluation sites, I found 123Signup. The demo presenter was very friendly and professional. I did notice that the software was dated. Since there was no real alternative in my price range that offered this functionality, I decided to move forward. All I can say is that the basic foundation of the software is solid. Currently it handles basic events without support. When you need to a more complex event, there is an additional $35.00 setup charge which I could not understand. I think this goes back to the platform being dated. The customer support is courteous and extremely helpful. I have had numerous conversation with a customer support manager regarding the lack of modern-day functionality. She was nice enough to tell me that they are aware of this short-coming and are addressing it with a massive re-write. Currently the email campaign and survey feedback is extremely basic. She told me that instead of reinventing the wheel, 123Signup would most likely have some sort of integration with products like MailChimp and Survey Monkey. I am confident that down the road these items will be addressed and fixed. Having 123Signup as a partner is the best decision I made for the organization I represent.

Response from 123Signup

Replied May 2016

Thanks for your review of 123Signup's association management software, Jerry! And yes, we are in the midst of a re-write focused on a fresh user interface and enhanced functionality. The first phase should be completed this summer, and we'll continue to roll out additional improvements as quickly as possible. We take our clients feedback very seriously, so we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. Ann Murphy - General Manager

A solid, basic Association Management Tool with a lot of features, sufficiently user friendly.

All features in one tool

Pros

It addresses and offers all the different features you might need in managing your association in one webbased tool, you can pick with components you need, everything is set up in a basic, working fashion.

Cons

With great variety comes great confusion. The tool is not the most user friendly, which, I'd say, is partly because it offers everything you might need in the association management sector, so I'm not even sure, if that's a thing that could be changed.

September 2013

Ron from Long Island Language Teachers, Inc.

123Signup Review

I have nothing but stellar things to say about 123Signup and the staff that work there in San Jose, CA. The Support staff, including Jessica and Paula, have solved enumerous problems for us, not the least of which was helping us refund monies from our 2012 conference which was wiped out by Super Storm Sandy. Ann in also a fabulous person to deal with and will help you on the financial end as well as setting up your event constraints. She also is very knowledgeable in solving problems of all types. When people register and pay money to 123Signup on your behalf, your designated individual will receive an email confirmation to that effect. Your online intermediary between 123Signup and your bank will also send that person an email that money has been paid. It is a great and seamless process. You will receive monthly bills for transaction fees from 123Signup which you can pay either online or by check according to your setup. We had another company for 1/2 year prior to contracting with 123Signup did not like them at all. So I researched other online companies and, by far, 123Signup was the best of the best. They will provide you will online training and you are entitled to up to 4 administrators. You can also send out periodic email blasts to the membership of your organization, the frequency being based upon your contract. Once again, I have all positives and no negatives to say about this company. I recommend it most highly.

Bart from Bart Fields

Very user-friendly and excellent reporting tools. Highly recommend

Very user-friendly and excellent reporting tools. Highly recommend

Pros

Very user-friendly and excellent reporting tools. Highly recommend. Best product I have tested on the market.

Matthew from Salvation Army Kroc Center Hawaii

Great program

Pros

This was our first foray into membership management and it was very simple. I loved the automated follow up.

Eric from NDLTD

Good value

If you ever ran a membership organization, you know it can get tricky keeping track of everything. When buying software to do the work, it is also very easy to spend a lot of money. Association Manager is a package that helps with membership administration and event organization. It is fairly flexible in allowing customizations. It provides safe credit card processing and helps with administration of payments by check or money order. The software has a number of quirks and it could be easier to use, but these issues are easily offset by the excellent and fast customer support. The package is also affordable for small organizations.

Pros

Customer service.

Cons

Sometimes it is clumsy: Each task is a separate module. If one has several tasks to perform for one member, one must go to each module and search for that member. This gets old very fast. It would be much easier to be able to perform all tasks after doing just one search.

Karen from AADE

Industry: Oil & Energy

Good

I use for monthly luncheons for our group.

Pros

The ease in running and downloading reports. I find the program very easy to use. I'm not sure what else I can say about this program. It is good and easy to use.

Cons

I would like a help button when needing assistance while in the software. I'm not sure what else I can say. Sometimes I am not sure how to handle payments for many on one card however the card holder wants only one transaction shown on their card.

Cydney from Culinary Services

123Signup Review

Pros

-Email reminders -Organized -Calendars are easy to follow -Promotional -Allows Free live demos -Simple to use, no training needed

Cons

I wish they offered a yearly membership rather than monthly payments and not include set up fees. The software is very organized but I was it to include more color options. This would help with the organization.

Ali from IGS

Very Useful and Easy

Like every thing in the world... Team should update it regularly to take it on the top of the list...

Pros

Reliability and Performance Every thing is just perfect... and like nothing is perfect in this world so I recommend the team to update it with some more features and make it more Great than previous one...

John from CPI

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Great for large events

Pros

I have used this program frequently to track event status and registration in order to maximize attendance. I recommend it for all event sizes but especially large.

Amanda from The Salvation Army Hawaii Kroc Center

Great communication tool

Pros

I personally loved the communication tool. It was simple to use but greatly improved our communication with every event.

Cons

I wan't sold on it at first, but once I understood the full potential it actually fit quite perfectly with our company.

November 2014

Justin from Nevada Association for Behavior Analysis

November 2014

Great platform

123Signup served us well for our organization's annual conference. It handled all aspects of membership enrollment and registration across multiple categories of membership. We used it for payments, invoicing, email reminders, name badges, and much more. It saved our board members countless hours and we look forward to learning more what we could accomplish since we did not even scratch the surface of what 123Signup offers. While we did find it difficult to navigate in the system to find exactly what we needed, customer service was extremely prompt and efficient at getting us needed assistance.

Rich from ABN

Review 123 signup

Pros

The simplicity of the sign up page without a lot of clutter! Many signup forms have so much on the page it confuses the customer.

Cons

Sometimes it would be good to have more features and ability to add more content and options to explain in more detail.

Mary from Quadrant Inc.

123Signup

Pros

This is a great software that is so easy to use and so easily accessible. I really enjoy using it !!!

Cons

I fortunately do not have any negative things to say about this software as it is very easy to use .

June 2014

Gordana from ProWIN

June 2014

Great software

We have been using 123SignUp for years now for our group. We are using it to manage our membership directory, credit card processing, renewals and registrations, to manage events, to create all types of reports, and email campaigns... Through all these years we had nothing but exceptional customer support. Staff from 123SignUp is always so kind and supportive and ready to help with any type of issue. The application works great and is robust enough to handle the needs of our group very well. I would always recommend this product.

Kristie from Pitzer cancer benefit

Love it

Pros

It's easy to use and most understanding product very simple instructions it's great for new business

Cons

Just learning everything needs to be a little better customer service and not so misleading on things

Bill from PNWSTMA

May 2016

Technical support, response time to question and ease of use and excellent.

we looked and many options before choosing 123 Signup and we are happy with that decision. Great technical support and very fast responses to questions.

Response from 123Signup

Replied November 2016

Thank you for your review of 123Signup's Association Management software, Bill. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. We work hard to provide exceptional service for our customers, so we're pleased to hear that you value our technical support. Ann Murphy - General Manager

November 2013

Dova from World Molecular Imaging Society

November 2013

Review of 123signup

We have found the 123signup software to work well for our association. We have about 1000 members and hold an annual congress for about 1700. Members and registrants can easily navigate the dues renewal and registration process online. Customer service for 123signup is always great. We get advice on how to implement new programs or fee structures and can learn about ways other associations are handling similar situations. Overall it is a product that I recommend.

Angela from Administrare

123Signup Review

We have worked with 123Signup since 2006 for membership and meeting registration services. The system is user friendly. We manage multiple clients each with their own unique needs. When special reporting is needed or help with any issues their Customer Service Department has always been very responsive. It would behoove 123Signup to improve their Mailings option and enhance the emails that are sent to members/attendees. I would recommend giving them a try.

Rachel from STS

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Online payment for events

Pros

Ease of use. Menu driven. Basic forms can be expanded to advance in one click. Forms can be copied and renamed for ease of creation.

Cons

Reports are not easy to navigate. But once you learn it they do the job. Would like to be able to create a user defined report.

May 2014

Dean from OPT-In Management, LLC

May 2014

Complicated Installation

Overall, I think the product handled the needs of our company very well, and we did not make it easy for them. We have a lot of moving parts. Service was great, very responsive, and despite my clumsiness, they were always patient and responded fast. I would work with them again, no hesitation.

Sarah from VACRAO

123 Sign Up

Pros

Very easy to use Excellent Customer Service Wonderful Reporting Methods Multi Functional Do not need to be technologically savvy to use

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of any issues with this product. The only thing is to have more graphics??

Jasper from Education

Very smooth operation

Pros

smooth operation simple to use looks good very easy transition and the general feel of the program is nice and modern

Cons

customer service could be better, the people there dont always reply as fast as im used to from other companies

Bill from PNWSTMA

Pacific Northwest Sports Turf Managers Association

Customer service is fantastic and their response is timely and helpful. This is a great company to work with!!

Dana from Financial Services

Easy To Sign Up, That's It

Pros

What I like most about 123SignUp Association Manager is the flexibility it offers in easily marketing to and procuring leads directly into the sign up process, the information-gathering is the best feature of this software.

Cons

What I least like about 123Signup Association Manager is that the auto-management features after lead generation are not reliable, even after all proper settings have been engaged per lead.

Rashesh from dream

Association and Event Management

Pros

A very good concept.Quite easy to create events,associations,membership types etc.It's quite easy to use for first time users too.

Cons

Not as much good as compared to international standards.Sometimes i feeling it's little bit more textual and more graphical feature should be provided.

Mary Ann from LGU Reina Mercedes

very economical

Pros

very econimical, user friendly, nice interface, easy to use, good databases, admin support, call center support

Cons

database functionality is limited, please print manual to better understand the product. colorful interface