• Pros

• "The ease of use which makes training co-workers much quicker and more easily understandable. The various modules make database management more effective (specifically EVENTS). "

• "The ability to add as much data about a constituent as you want, in regards to giving, organizational, family relationships."

• "I liked that it used to be thes best compared to competitors, but the increase in other software has changed that. "

• Cons

• "Sometimes the interface leaves a lot to be desired. Also, there seems to be consistent freezing issues that have never been resolved. Adding custom fields can be hard."

• "It is not user-friendly. While the tools at your disposal are copious, new users will be at a complete loss. We transferred over from another system and we still required a lot of training. "

• "The inflexibility in the ability to change/adding fields content."

Browse Blackbaud Fundraising Reviews

Jeffery from Stillwater Medical Foundation

Powerful CRM that will meet your needs!

Pros

This is a powerful CRM service/software. We've expanded our utilization over the years, but I still know there are areas we don't even scratch the surface of when it comes to compiling information on donors and potential donors. A few years ago we made the leap to RE:NXT, placing our data in the cloud -- it's wonderful to be able to access data from wherever I am, whether I need a phone number or address, or some data on donation history. I've been a Raiser's Edge user for 20+ years, and I have to say I can't imagine keeping track of our donors without it. From historical data to personal notations, you can keep so much info here (even uploading photos, documents, etc.). With RE:NXT we have integration between the CRM and our web site donation forms. They're easy to build and drop in to the coding for the site.

Cons

We've felt that there are a couple of things in the EVENTS module that we wish worked better for us/our organization, but that's a small hiccup when it comes to the functionality and quality of BB fundraising.

Phyllis from Arcadia University

Outstanding fundraising tool

Overall, Raiser's Edge is a helpful tool and provides the information which helps me do my job.

Pros

Cons

My biggest complaint with Blackbaud is customer service. Prior to the new procedures, I was able to call and speak to a human being and explain my issue. Currently, I can only get a CSR via CHAT, and that is only if someone is available at that time. Even during times where someone is supposed to be available, I frequently receive a message to try again later. When I CAN get a chat session, I find the CSRs are not as knowledgeable as they should be. I also find the CSRs have a hard time comprehending exactly what I'm asking and usually give up and find another way to get the information. In addition, while the standard reports typically give me the information I need, there are some that are sorely lacking and we are presently not in a position to create new ones (time and resources limitations) so we will piece together numerous reports.

Karen from St. Paul Academy and Summit School

Industry: Philanthropy

RENXT helps our office to be the best it can be.

We receive immediate information that we can act on. Yes, you need to put the time in to learn how to use it. I think that what people need to understand is that the way they save data impacts their outcomes with the product. They need to work with it instead of expecting it tho exactly fit the needs of their organization.

Pros

I've been using Raiser's Edge for 15 years. My current office purchased the NXT web view in 2015. This product helps our office achieve our fundraising goals in many ways. I like that when we purchased the NXT web view we still kept the database view. Now we have the best of both worlds. Most of our office now works exclusively in the web view and with it, they can now get immediate information by themselves that assists them in their work. The new features of the web view have greatly enhanced how we do business.

Cons

I really like this product and I have a hard time coming up with anything negative to say about it.

Glenda from United Church Homes and Services

Not so great anymore

It was a good place to house your data, but to retrieve things took hours. Reports were a nightmare. It took hours to create what I can create with Bloomerang in 2 minutes. Then you'd create this queried report and you weren't ever confident that what you created was even right. It was very frustrating and caused a lot of issues down the road.

Pros

Cons

The functionality was awful. Their new cloud software has drastically improved, but there are so many other products available for 15% of the price that Blackbaud offers. We were quoted $30,000 for a database of 5,000 constituents and found the same product that was better catered to cultivation for $4,500 a year. Their customer service was HORRIBLE. I could send a request and was lucky if I ever got a response. I couldn't even cancel our service when it was time to renew, because no one responded. I spoke to four different people and they tried to tell me I couldn't cancel, because I didn't formally cancel. I did, they just didn't have their stuff together enough to find it.

Expensive but worth it for any CRM needs

We use Blackbaud Fundraising on a day to day basis to track donor records, giving, pledges, create crowdfunding pages and online donation templates.

Pros

Blackbaud Fundraising includes Raiser's Edge, Luminate Online, crowdfunding features. The Fundraising tools integrate very well and it's user friendly and intuitive. We are able to create an attractive and easy to use donation form for our website. It allows you to easily track donor giving, pledges, create donation pledges and integrate with Raiser's Edge and other tools well. NXT is a new feature we purchased which is expensive however it's an attractive interface to view and track donor pledge level and upgrades.

Cons

Blackbaud products tend to be very pricey and offer a ton of features however you only use about half of them on regular basis. It could be quite a challenge to create crowdfunding pages., definitely multiple steps. Sometimes the dashboard giving and queries show different numbers so there's some inconsistency. Their NXT new tool is amazing however it's pricey. It's great for major giving officer.

Eric from Union of Concerned Scientists

CRM database essential

I would not be able to do my job without it. I wish it was a little more functional and user-intuitive, but it is still more than worthy of doing the job.

Pros

For any non-profit, a reliable CRM and database is essential and Blackbaud are at the top of this list. Querying and Exports are tough to pick up from the start, but so helpful once you have the knowledge.

Cons

A powerful tool for a small nonprofit

If your users are not already experts at working with Blackbaud, then you should absolutely take advantage of the offered learning opportunities and user support. We leaned on them heavily our first year. Our small not-for-profit organization grew membership by more than 50% the first year we used Blackbaud to keep our fundraising and membership efforts organized.

Pros

We imported a rather large constituent database, and the software made it possible for us to categorize, sort, and target our communications efforts much more precisely than we were previously capable. The customer service and user training we received was beyond expectations.

Amanda from One Safe Place

Built to be used everyday

Pros

It's user friendly, the tabs for each constituent are very thorough, you have the ability to keep a lot of information for each donor should you choose to, you can make notes, you can set people up to be on the do not solicit list which is great.

Cons

The queries are hard to create. It's easier to copy from an existing one than start from scratch.

Maree from Children's Hospital & Medical Center Foundation

Could not do what we do without Blackbaud.

Very positive. The customer service team has always been responsive to my inquires.

Pros

The robust software allows the user to manage and track constituents, donors, grants in a relatively easy to use platform.

Cons

When I was first learning to use Blackbaud, I was challenged with the GUI. It was not as intuitive as I had hoped. After spending more time in the platform, I quickly learned the system.

Chelsia from GAP Project

Great Database

Pros

Easy to use, accurate calculations and prompt tech support.

Cons

Research Point should open In a different tab.

Michelle from Healthy Smiles, Healthy Children

Raiser's Finally Got an Update

I use Raiser's Edge as our donor database and the data entry, reporting features are really updated. However, when they came out with NXT, it was a game changer. NXT is amazing! It has a very attractive interface and super user friendly. As soon as you search for a record, consecutive years and all information on the donor is clear to see and it lets you know which donors you should be reaching out to. You could assign donors to others to initiate contact. You could easily access information on your mobile device. It takes the Raiser's Edge data entry interface and completely gives it a makeover. You are easily able to review giving history and all donor information on one page and very clearly. The only thing I don't like about NXT is that the consecutive years aren't always the same as in the donor records in the database version.

Michelle from American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry

Raiser's Edge NXT is a big improvement!

Raiser's Edge NXT has notified us when prospect donor pledges are ending and recommendations for cultivation which has increased our major giving donors.

Pros

The Raiser's Edge database was very outdated however with the addition of NXT it's now very visually appealing and user-friendly. They took the old database look and revamped it to include charts, recommendations for donor cultivation and alerts daily referencing which donors to reach out to. It's very mobile friendly and great for major giving officers so they could make notes and assign tasks to their team while on the road. You could easily look up donor records and it's all accessible from Blackbaud.com so you don't need to download an app. It's good to have when on meetings and if you have to be an exhibitor for your Foundation and quickly look up donor records.

Cons

NXT shows consecutive donor years at the top of each profile however the years are not always accurate with the years in Raiser's database. Sometimes the years are way off. Also, they should make it easier to view outstanding pledges in NXT. NXT is a bit pricey however worth the cost and your return on investment is improved as it notifies you when you have major giving prospects to reach out to.

Chelsea from The Mariners' Museum and Park

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Blackbaud is great for non-profits!

Blackbaud has allowed our team to increase relationship with our patrons through the careful documentation of every interaction and helpful information regarding the constituent- including sales orders, event registrations, donations, prospect management, memberships, contact information, household/organization relationships, marketing communications, etc. We also utilize the training and support available through Blackbaud to ensure we are using their tools to their full potential.

Pros

I love that Blackbaud has many different software options. The non-profit I work for used Blackbaud's Raisers Edge software for many years and switched to Altru in 2012 as our CRM needs had increased/developed as our organization grew. I also am appreciative of the time and attention that Blackbaud employees provide when support or training is needed.

Cons

Blackbaud's client base is largely owned by non-profit organizations. Non-profits aren't typically the kind that can spend thousands of dollars on software every month. However, Blackbaud's products are very costly. I would say they are worth the money, if it's affordable. But I do question their motives when it comes to cost, as they seem very high for who the products are for.

Meghan from Children's Home + Aid

A huge step forward from RE7

Pros

RENXT is a wonderful leap forward for those that are currently using RE7. First off, it is online, so you can login anywhere and on any device, which for me makes it far more useful to fundraisers. Ultimately, I am a big fan and I think it makes your fundraisers spend more time reaching out to key donors, rather than working on back end tracking and database work. Also, what I appreciate the most is that I do not have to hire people who have RE experience anymore, because it is so easy for them to immediately start working out of NXT. It opens up the candidate pool!

Cons

This is a general blackbaud critique, but their customer service is not always the best. They can be difficult to get in touch with and you sometimes have to wait for a while to get a question answered or problem fixed. I will say, we have not had any issues with NXT in particular, where we needed to call them though.

Very Robust CRM

One thing that stood out is that the UI is near intuitive, nice to look at and the data is well supported by a dedicated team at Blackbaud. I was able to pull reports on data quickly and easily for other users. Training is pretty seamless as far as getting users acclimated into the system. Though we didn't like the out-of-the-box functionalities, we understood that we wanted some customization, which was a bit pricey for our company. Once when we did get the essential functionalities edited, we were quite happy with the results. Customer support is great at quickly responding in helping us with issues.

Pros

Easy flow in adding donors, easy flow in taking donations, pretty UI, intuitive use and workflow. Reporting functions are easy to edit and create.

Cons

Licensing and customization can be pricey. If you have your own developer to improve functionality, you may not get access to test environments or else you're paying for their developer for customizations.

Deborah from Neighborhood House

As the development director of a small non-profit, we use this software to track our donor activity.

Pros

It provides a comprehensive, detailed account of all interactions, donations, and potential contacts among our donor base. Whenever I've had to call customer support, they have been incredibly knowledgeable and friendly, and typically have gotten to the bottom of whatever issue I'm having.

Cons

There are SO many functions and features that it is hard to utilize them successfully at any given time. Reports can be complicated to produce, and creating queries to generate the specific sets of donor groups you are looking for is difficult at best.

Melanie from Fundraising consultant

Industry: Fund-Raising

Still the most sophisticated fundraising software.

I've used Raisers Edge for years and it is still the industry standard for larger nonprofits that don't want to create their own software. The most important caveat is how much time a nonprofit spends on implementation.

Pros

It is built by fundraisers and they continue to improve it.

Cons

While it is excellent, if you put garbage data in or you don't take the time to implement correctly, it will not help you achieve your fundraising goals. It can be complicated and expensive.

Jeffrey from Hensley Consulting

Raiser's Edge NXT is worth the upgrade

RE NXT is a great system for tracking donor relations for nonprofits. RE has been the standard CRM for nonprofits for a while but their improved NXT edition is worth the extra expense. Wealth screening, enhanced features like donor mapping, and customized reporting are all improved features of NXT over the base RE 7 edition. It is an essential tool in building deeper relationships with donors and thus in raising more money to support your nonprofit.

Pros

Comprehensiveness, power of analytics, mobile cvompatible

Cons

Expense

Great way to raise funds!

We are tracking our constituents and raising money by building relationships. We could not do that without this system.

Pros

This software is designed for nonprofits and the the features are incredibly helpful in maintaining and recording information about our constituents.

Cons

Some of Blackbaud's systems look dated and you have to upgrade (more $) for a 2018 look. However, the functionality is efficient and effective. The cost is also a bit high as compared to other cloud-based CRMs.

Melanie from Leadership Resources International

Great tool for a more complex organization

Pros

It's versatility in being able to manage your donor's information. It is flexible enough that it allows users to define how and what they input. There is a lot of functionality in being able to track your interactions with your donors.

Cons

It is a bit complex and there is a steep learning curve. If your org doesn't have the proper roadmap in place first, you can get bogged down with learning the program also whilst trying to stay afloat.

Chris from Partners

I think RE is a very useful program!

Raiser's Edge is a very valuable tool that I've used at several different organizations on a daily basis. It is an excellent resource when used correctly and consistently. I just wish the search function was a little easier to navigate sometimes!

Pros

I like how easily I can find information stored by colleagues throughout my organization. It cuts down on asking people questions about constituents they have relationships with.

Cons

I find it hard to search for information sometimes if you do not have all the information you need.

Mohammed from MAUSA

RaiserEdge was the top CRM

We did all our daily data entry and reports

Pros

RaiserEdge was our main CRM before we switched to Salesforce, RaiseEdge really built something that enabled nonprofits to have everything covered.

Cons

RaisersEdge stopped keeping up with times, they did not invest on the online platform and the bridge and net community were a disaster. I loved RaisersEdge but they simple stopped investing our their technology and they become a very closed software.

Jonathan from The Master's University

Very helpful software for Higher Education

Blackbaud has helped us tremendously in our fundraising. We continue to be pleased with it and aren't going anywhere else anytime soon.

Pros

It's tailored to my needs as a higher education professional. It's a software designed specifically for nonprofits, and helps not only with CRM, but with how to conduct all fundraising operations.

Cons

Sometimes the export features are not the most useful, however, we are able to find workaround solutions.

We do all our Donation processing with Raiser's Edge. All data entry, constituent 'touches' & repor

Database for all donations - information is kept reliable, complete (can be used to store a lot of data/facts) and accessible for reports

Pros

Data entry is easy and reports are dependable. Versatility in the type of information that can be stored in each constituent record.

Cons

the software programmers I know say the set up is very 'old school.' I use batches a lot in RE - and the setting up of each is not as intuitive as some software programs out there.

Michelle from ROBERT HALF

360 View of Constituent (Donor) Data

MY OVERALL EXPERIENCE WITH BLACKBAUD CRM HAS BEEN NOTHING SHORT OF AWESOME. WHAT AN AMAZING PIECE OF SOFTWARE!

Pros

I LOVE THE CAPABILTY TO MANAGE DONORS FROM BEGINNING TO END. FROM PROSPECTING TO STEWARDING. REVENUE IS EASILY ENTERED, STORED AND REPORTED ON. ABILITY TO MANAGE ALL FUNDRAISING AND EVENTS ALONG WITH VOLUNTEER MODULE. SECURITY ROLES TO MANAGE WHO SEES WHAT.

Cons

I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS THUS FAR ABOUT THIS SOFTWARE.

Kristina from Private Consultant

I am a long-time RE user 17+ years. The software just gets better and better!

Ease of use is a huge benefit- primarily because I have used RE for more than 17 years. I have networked with other uses for quick troubleshooting and support.

Pros

Cloud-based - I like the mobility of having donor information available at any time and any where from my mobile devices. There are many other additional features that make RE unique - it is difficult to list them all.

Cons

Price-- it is still out of reach for smaller non-profits. RE is still considered the top software among development professionals. There are universal properties to databases - but the offerings and modules are more user friendly than other software options. Just wish that it was more feasible for others to purchase and pay for the maintenance.

Linda from Environmental Learning Center

R/E was the former software used @ our organization.

Pros

Easy to navigate & info. entry. Very user friendly data base especially for constituent, gift, membership & gift batching entry. Clicking on individual tabs selections gave an at-glance history all in one spot & on one page.

Cons

Queries could be challenging trying to select all the necessary criteria fields to populate for the report info. you were seeking

Roxanne from Distress Centre Calgary

razor's edge

I used this product for 2 years while working nonprofit and it is a very challenging program to use. The national organization only had 30 users and at times could not access due to other users. There were processes in place so as a user, I could not access. I could not print reports and had to be submitted 2 weeks prior to needing. It is very costly and could be better utilized for larger organizations that have the finances to purchase and to grow in to.

Pros

already completed this on the first page.

Cons

already completed this on the first page.

Kourtney from Home Opportunities Made Easy, Incorporated (HOME, Inc.)

Blackbaud Review

Overall I would definitely recommend Blackbaud, but I would love to see them allow for more customization.

Pros

Blackbaud was fairly intuitive. It helped to keep our data up to date and organized. The support team was great and always making updates.

Cons

I wish it were easier to edit and customize the software to meet our needs as an organization. There have been a few things we would like to track, but do not make sense in Blackbaud.

Probably the best CRM for large schools

Pros

It is more open the its closest competitors allowing for the possibility of in house IT customization. However this are not as upgrade-able as the company says they should be.

Cons

Not a mature product, still has may growing pains to be worked out.

Laurie from Aims School / Education Management

Great once you master it.

Pros

I can organize all actions and gifts while being able to pull information the way I need it presented.

Cons

I find queries can sometimes be challenging. I occasionally run one that just isn't working correctly and it can be frustrating.

Cheri from Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas

Flexible Tool

We used Blackbaud CRM to keep records of constituents and their giving, as well as keeping track of our touches as an agency. We also used Blackbaud CRM heavily to keep track of tickets for our annual fundraiser.

Pros

I like that I can easily keep track of all constituents of my nonprofit. It's easy to add constituents and edit. I loved the customer service... representatives were super easy to contact and worked quickly to resolve even nationwide issues.

Cons

I didn't like how the sheer bulk of constituent information slowed the software during heavy event season.

Beth from Jewish Federation of Greater Harrisburg

Pros

Cons

The inflexibility in the ability to change/adding fields content.

Adrienne from BC Wildlife Federation

Might be great for fundraising, not for membership - do research if you are looking for memberships

Pros

Logging in is simple - you can do it from a browser. With NXT, there are unlimited licenses so you can have virtually "unlimited" logins. The OLX emails are more reliable than the old NetCommunity. Has decent analytics and reporting (for donations only).

Cons

The NXT web view has a nice layout but is completely useless for membership. In order to do data entry, you still need to use database view. NXT is very expensive and not worth it just for a fancy view. There were lots of features that we had been promised and we were also told that things were being updated constantly and that we should see more functionality coming very quickly. This has not been the case. Training is expensive and knowledgebase articles can be outdated. Anyone seeking a membership management software or association management should research all options before moving to RE.

Camellia from NW Metro Atlanta Habitat for Humanity

Blackbaud and Make-A-Wish Georgia

When I was working for Make-A-Wish Georgia, we used Blackbaud as our fundraising support tool. It was an incredible tool that housed all our fundraising and development information, and continues to be top of the line in CRM use!

Pros

I loved how it housed all contact, fundraising, donor and development information all in one system. It is also very intuitive!

Cons

Because Blackbaud is so expansive, it is not an easy system to use. You have to become trained and use the system regularly to keep up.

Emily from MCC

Massive Database!

Raiser's Edge is massive! It has everything you would possibly need in fundraising software. Downside. It has everything you need in fundraising software. Because of its size you will never be a master of Raiser's Edge, but if you have a large organization you need it. If you do events, mailings, campaigns, etc. I would designate one person to be an expert on one area.

Pros

It has everything you would possible need.

Cons

It is impossible to learn.

Kris from CASA PACIFICA CENTERS FOR CHILDREN AND FAMILIES

Next Generation Raiser's Edge - Cloud

This is an amazing software that achieves the lofty goal of putting information into the hands of the executive fundraiser. People familiar with the Blackbaud line of fundraising software understand that while it is the world class solution for higher ed and large non-profits, the price is a clunky and user unfriendly experience. RE7 just isn't fun but NXT takes a stab at changing that. Blackbaud's first major overhaul since Version 7, NXT brings fundraising to the mobile platform via SaaS in the way Apple's iOS does across all devices in a polished, easy to access and easy to read way. For 3 years running I had tried to expand the use of Raiser's Edge to our primary solicitors without success and only with NXT did the transition stick. We now have 14 volunteers working in the field using NXT on the fly and reporting that they are using information as well as entering information. As DBA I can see and control information choices by limiting open text fields. It reports seamless integration with their eTapestry although we have not gotten their yet. But their first cloud based product is definitely worth demoing. We have loved the switch. One downside is the price - it is all custom pricing although they will tell you it is based on database size. Pricey but on the balance worth it .

Christopher from Wisconsin Academy

Lackluster Customer Service, Limited Flexibility, and Expensive

To start, Blackbaud has terrible customer service. My organization has been with Blackbaud over two decades and when interacting with our Blackbaud financial representative I was not informed of this information. Blackbaud would require my organization lock into 3-year contracts at a time. Furthermore, my organization paid extra for this product called "Address Finder NXT" which is suppose to update the donor list for deceased donors. However, when performing my own experiment this product was not accurate. My organization did not renew a contract so Blackbuad auto-renewed my organization for another 3 years without our permission. As the new development coordinator I ended our 23-year relationship with Blackbaud for a more affordable customer-friendly Donor software company. For small non-profits I would not recommend Blackbaud. I would never recommend Blackbaud CRM to any organization.

Pros

The software is extremely detailed and if the user is trained it takes much less manual implementation than other less expensive competitors. This software is offered on the desktop as well as a cloud-based version. There are many additional products offered with the CRM to offer a whole encompassing experience with little manual effort.

Cons

Complex and not user friendly, difficult to teach new users, and for small non-profits too many options.

Sandy from South Christian High School

Thrilled with the capabilities and utilizing the software to a greater degree monthly.

There are many - accurate reporting information, NXT version, wealth assessment, various levels of access for users, etc

Pros

The NXT version is wonderful for day to day recording of donor activity, etc. The analytics is awesome for planning purposes and love how it alerts you to possible lapsed donors.

Cons

There is a learning curve, but it is well worth it. I find it more helpful to talk with someone that IM to resolve an issue.

Ann from Church of God Ministries

Robust CRM

For data management, I don't know that there is any better.

Pros

Blackbaud has many features and has brought different facets of CRM under one umbrella, giving you alot of tools in one system.

Cons

RE and FE work really great. The integration tools Blackbaud offers for newsletters, communicating between systems, etc. are a little difficult to integrate and have stalled some of our progress.

Steve from The Otter Project

Dysfunctional company

Awful.

Pros

When the eTapestry product was first purchased it seemed overly complex, but it did function properly. Queries were not intuitive, but we learned. Our database size was approximately 11,000 records.

Cons

Two things: As Blackbaud made "enhancements" to the product, they did not provide ways to migrate from the old format to the new. In our case they said that we needed to individually edit our, now, 12,000 records. This was not an option and we decided to leave. Leading to the second problem. I sent Blackbaud notice that I was leaving. The notice was completely ignored and I was send a "discounted" contract. A Blackbaud representative asked me to call at a certain time, which I did. There was no answer and I left voice mail. I sent another notice that I was leaving. I was sent another discounted contract. I have now been sent bills for the original contract, AND for accrued time, in spite of the fact that Blackbaud has acknowledged receiving the [second] notice that I was leaving.

Kenneth from Emory & Henry College

We migrated to Raiser's Edge in the early 2000's.

We migrated from Jenzabar's Poise system. This gives access to our Constituent data in a very useful interface.

Pros

We consider Raiser's Edge to be the Cadillac of Fund Raising Software. The new RE NXT is very useful for the Executive Staff.

Cons

It is a disparate system. Getting data to Raiser's Edge requires an import. Getting data to our ERP requires an export.

Jen from Furman University

Database Searching Made Easy

Pros

I love web-based software that gives more freedom in filtering and report setup. I get to decide what columns I do and don't want to see. RE NXT makes searching so much easier than the desktop software, as there are fewer steps to take for searching. It's intuitive in the search box, and you don't have to enter in all information to get a list of possible answers.

Cons

The pages are aesthetically bland. I wish the categories inside a search result were differently colored to quickly navigate where one category ends and another begins.

Kate from Echoing Hills

Too much car for us.

Pros

Raiser's Edge has a great reputation for large organizations, making sure that they have every tool they need to track donors and donations. They are very adaptable and work hard to stay on top of customer needs.

Cons

Raiser's Edge is too big for our company and our department. I don't have time to track my one-time donor's allergies or favorite golf course. Also, because their program is such an in-depth solution, tracking the bare minimum requires a large amount of clicks and screens.

Jennifer from Fund-Raising

Industry: Fund-Raising

#keepingtrackofeverypenny

Overall, I think this software is exceptional and I would recommend it to anyone working in development. I thought it was dependable and well-organized. It would not only meet but far exceed any organizations expectations.

Pros

I like how detailed orientated every facet of this software is. It is also very user-friendly and keeps your important data stored securely. Because of the way the software is setup, it is difficult to make mistakes, meaning this fundraising software is dependable and accurate. Blackbaud has a support team that is both knowledgeable and professional which makes learning about their software enjoyable and beneficial.

Cons

At first, this software can be intimidating because there is so much to learn. I was required to take a week long training class. Afterward, I still felt like there was so much I wanted to learn and be able to do. Taking a training class can be quite costly and I missed a week of work because I was taught by a live in-person instructor.

Elizabeth from Heritage Christian Services

Blackbaud for fundraiser events-non-profit

My overall experience is good, it is nice to not have paper flying around at events.

Pros

I like that we can use this software on our I-Pads while working at an event to find donors and cash them out easily.

Cons

Sometimes it is confusing as to which step you are in until you have used it several times.

Kari from Justice & Mercy International, Inc

Just doesn't do enough

Overall it was good when we were smaller, but not ideal for a growing company.

Pros

I liked that this software was able to house all our donor information. Its fairly easy to run reports and the chat help feature was really good.

Cons

You can't tag or mark donations with more than two qualifications. Its also frustrating that you couldn't edit PDFs once they were downloaded because of Canadian guidelines even though I was based out of the US.

Eric from Union of Concerned Scientists

Maily helpful if accessing remotely

For staff out the office, it is nice to have for easy access.

Pros

It makes accessing constituent info remotely easy, and the mapping feature is terrific.

Cons

Building queries in the software is difficult and I worry it doesn't include everything.

Caitlin from WCBE

Slightly better than an excel sheet

Horrible

Pros

Small amount of individuals on their tech support staff are helpful.

Cons

Every aspect is a nightmare. Each billing cycle there is ALWAYS more added to the bill than originally quoted. One month 200 sustainers were deleted and they never helped to recapture those members. They want to charge $13,000 to make simple change to a donation page. (Our new membership system gave us a new donation page at no extra cost.)

Grant from Grant's Animals

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Industry Leaders For A Reason

Pros

The software has definitely improved in recent years. There are a lot of options for customization, so you can use the software in all kinds of ways that you may have not even anticipated in the first place. I was able to set up a nice tracking system for publications in addition to our fundraising activities.

Cons

Can be a bit clunky and glitchy at times.