• Pros

• "Now we have the best of both worlds. Most of our office now works exclusively in the web view and with it, they can now get immediate information by themselves that assists them in their work."

• "Blackbaud Fundraising includes Raiser's Edge, Luminate Online, crowdfunding features. The Fundraising tools integrate very well and it's user friendly and intuitive."

• "The sales presentation was great and looked easy. I signed the contract, I spent hours trying to get it going and could not."

• Cons

• "Taking a training class can be quite costly and I missed a week of work because I was taught by a live in-person instructor."

• "My biggest complaint with Blackbaud is customer service. Prior to the new procedures, I was able to call and speak to a human being and explain my issue."

• "I also find the CSRs have a hard time comprehending exactly what I'm asking and usually give up and find another way to get the information."

Browse Blackbaud Fundraising Reviews

Jeffery from Stillwater Medical Foundation

Powerful CRM that will meet your needs!

Pros

This is a powerful CRM service/software. We've expanded our utilization over the years, but I still know there are areas we don't even scratch the surface of when it comes to compiling information on donors and potential donors. A few years ago we made the leap to RE:NXT, placing our data in the cloud -- it's wonderful to be able to access data from wherever I am, whether I need a phone number or address, or some data on donation history. I've been a Raiser's Edge user for 20+ years, and I have to say I can't imagine keeping track of our donors without it. From historical data to personal notations, you can keep so much info here (even uploading photos, documents, etc.). With RE:NXT we have integration between the CRM and our web site donation forms. They're easy to build and drop in to the coding for the site.

Cons

We've felt that there are a couple of things in the EVENTS module that we wish worked better for us/our organization, but that's a small hiccup when it comes to the functionality and quality of BB fundraising.

Reasons for Switching to Blackbaud Fundraising

The company was going out of business or had been purchased by Blackbaud (it's been so long, I don't remember exactly which one it was). At the time they recommended the switch to RE, so we checked it out and went with them.

Barbara from St. Mary Magdalen School

very versitile

We have been able to move towards a more technology based fundraising using the justgiving portion of blackbaud for our jog-a-thon. Students created their own page and shared it for donations. This made tracking and acknowledging donations much more efficient.

Pros

We use etapestry and justgiving and have found it to be very useful. We have been able to easily link fundraising campaigns, event registration and forms to our website and then track information.

Cons

Extracting information can be somewhat challenging - once you learn their programing and how to create a query it becomes easier. They do provide a very large training database and a chat room for help.

Reasons for Choosing Blackbaud Fundraising

While Blackbaud was more expensive, it provides us with way more options and room to grow.

Reasons for Switching to Blackbaud Fundraising

We felt we had outgrown Trail Blazer and wanted to expand the online giving and registration aspect of our fundraising.

Jeremy from Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health

Industry: Mental Health Care

Great for large donor databases

Not all of our staff work together closely so this database allows us to access the information that others have entered about a donor or constituent.

Pros

This database helps all of our development staff to keep track of donor information, relationships and gifts. With thousands of donors it would be impossible without this database.

Cons

The overwhelming amount of functions and details that can be put into running reports and entering information means that there is a big learning curve for this software.

Karen from St. Paul Academy and Summit School

Industry: Philanthropy

RENXT helps our office to be the best it can be.

We receive immediate information that we can act on. Yes, you need to put the time in to learn how to use it. I think that what people need to understand is that the way they save data impacts their outcomes with the product. They need to work with it instead of expecting it tho exactly fit the needs of their organization.

Pros

I've been using Raiser's Edge for 15 years. My current office purchased the NXT web view in 2015. This product helps our office achieve our fundraising goals in many ways. I like that when we purchased the NXT web view we still kept the database view. Now we have the best of both worlds. Most of our office now works exclusively in the web view and with it, they can now get immediate information by themselves that assists them in their work. The new features of the web view have greatly enhanced how we do business.

Cons

I really like this product and I have a hard time coming up with anything negative to say about it.

Reasons for Choosing Blackbaud Fundraising

I started using Raiser's Edge at a previous organization 15 years ago and wherever I have worked we've never considered using anything else. We get great customer service and the product does what we need it to.

Phyllis from Arcadia University

Outstanding fundraising tool

Overall, Raiser's Edge is a helpful tool and provides the information which helps me do my job.

Pros

The ease of use which makes training co-workers much quicker and more easily understandable. The various modules make database management more effective (specifically EVENTS).

Cons

My biggest complaint with Blackbaud is customer service. Prior to the new procedures, I was able to call and speak to a human being and explain my issue. Currently, I can only get a CSR via CHAT, and that is only if someone is available at that time. Even during times where someone is supposed to be available, I frequently receive a message to try again later. When I CAN get a chat session, I find the CSRs are not as knowledgeable as they should be. I also find the CSRs have a hard time comprehending exactly what I'm asking and usually give up and find another way to get the information. In addition, while the standard reports typically give me the information I need, there are some that are sorely lacking and we are presently not in a position to create new ones (time and resources limitations) so we will piece together numerous reports.

Expensive but worth it for any CRM needs

We use Blackbaud Fundraising on a day to day basis to track donor records, giving, pledges, create crowdfunding pages and online donation templates.

Pros

Blackbaud Fundraising includes Raiser's Edge, Luminate Online, crowdfunding features. The Fundraising tools integrate very well and it's user friendly and intuitive. We are able to create an attractive and easy to use donation form for our website. It allows you to easily track donor giving, pledges, create donation pledges and integrate with Raiser's Edge and other tools well. NXT is a new feature we purchased which is expensive however it's an attractive interface to view and track donor pledge level and upgrades.

Cons

Blackbaud products tend to be very pricey and offer a ton of features however you only use about half of them on regular basis. It could be quite a challenge to create crowdfunding pages., definitely multiple steps. Sometimes the dashboard giving and queries show different numbers so there's some inconsistency. Their NXT new tool is amazing however it's pricey. It's great for major giving officer.

Eric from Union of Concerned Scientists

CRM database essential

I would not be able to do my job without it. I wish it was a little more functional and user-intuitive, but it is still more than worthy of doing the job.

Pros

For any non-profit, a reliable CRM and database is essential and Blackbaud are at the top of this list. Querying and Exports are tough to pick up from the start, but so helpful once you have the knowledge.

Cons

Sometimes the interface leaves a lot to be desired. Also, there seems to be consistent freezing issues that have never been resolved. Adding custom fields can be hard.

A powerful tool for a small nonprofit

If your users are not already experts at working with Blackbaud, then you should absolutely take advantage of the offered learning opportunities and user support. We leaned on them heavily our first year. Our small not-for-profit organization grew membership by more than 50% the first year we used Blackbaud to keep our fundraising and membership efforts organized.

Pros

We imported a rather large constituent database, and the software made it possible for us to categorize, sort, and target our communications efforts much more precisely than we were previously capable. The customer service and user training we received was beyond expectations.

Cons

It is not user-friendly. While the tools at your disposal are copious, new users will be at a complete loss. We transferred over from another system and we still required a lot of training.

Reasons for Switching to Blackbaud Fundraising

Partly for price, but mostly for specific functionality.

Amanda from One Safe Place

Built to be used everyday

Pros

It's user friendly, the tabs for each constituent are very thorough, you have the ability to keep a lot of information for each donor should you choose to, you can make notes, you can set people up to be on the do not solicit list which is great.

Cons

The queries are hard to create. It's easier to copy from an existing one than start from scratch.

Beth from Jewish Federation of Greater Harrisburg

Pros

The ability to add as much data about a constituent as you want, in regards to giving, organizational, family relationships.

Cons

The inflexibility in the ability to change/adding fields content.

Jacob from Asbury Foundation

Industry: Fund-Raising

Blackbaud Review

Overall Blackbaud is a great software program for donor management. I would highly recommend to all fundraising professionals.

Pros

It's a great way to track analytics for fundraising activities, gifts received and manage donor portfolio.

Cons

This software does work well with an android phone and there is no app which makes it less user friendly.

Maree from Children's Hospital & Medical Center Foundation

Could not do what we do without Blackbaud.

Very positive. The customer service team has always been responsive to my inquires.

Pros

The robust software allows the user to manage and track constituents, donors, grants in a relatively easy to use platform.

Cons

When I was first learning to use Blackbaud, I was challenged with the GUI. It was not as intuitive as I had hoped. After spending more time in the platform, I quickly learned the system.

Jennifer from Fund-Raising

Industry: Fund-Raising

#keepingtrackofeverypenny

Overall, I think this software is exceptional and I would recommend it to anyone working in development. I thought it was dependable and well-organized. It would not only meet but far exceed any organizations expectations.

Pros

I like how detailed orientated every facet of this software is. It is also very user-friendly and keeps your important data stored securely. Because of the way the software is setup, it is difficult to make mistakes, meaning this fundraising software is dependable and accurate. Blackbaud has a support team that is both knowledgeable and professional which makes learning about their software enjoyable and beneficial.

Cons

At first, this software can be intimidating because there is so much to learn. I was required to take a week long training class. Afterward, I still felt like there was so much I wanted to learn and be able to do. Taking a training class can be quite costly and I missed a week of work because I was taught by a live in-person instructor.

Grant from Grant's Animals

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Industry Leaders For A Reason

Pros

The software has definitely improved in recent years. There are a lot of options for customization, so you can use the software in all kinds of ways that you may have not even anticipated in the first place. I was able to set up a nice tracking system for publications in addition to our fundraising activities.

Cons

Can be a bit clunky and glitchy at times.

Beth from Grace by Design Events

One Stop Shop for Donor Tracking

Pros

Makes donor tracking simple and cohesive between fundraising department and accounting department.

Cons

Not very intuitive but they do offer numerous tutorials which are great.

Chelsia from GAP Project

Great Database

Pros

Easy to use, accurate calculations and prompt tech support.

Cons

Research Point should open In a different tab.

Lisa from Changing Strides

Contract

Horrible

Pros

The sales presentation was great and looked easy. I signed the contract, I spent hours trying to get it going and could not. I have had 3 web designers not be able to make it work. So I guess what I like most was the sales presentation.

Cons

Our organization found their software extremely difficult. Once in the contract they would not let us out of the contract. I would not recommend.

Reasons for Choosing Blackbaud Fundraising

I was pushed into signing the contract. It was my fault I signed the contract. My software person found their software to difficult. I should have studied it more before signing.