• Pros

• "It is easy to use and the customer service is top notch! This is the 4th year we have used Bidding Owl and have been more than pleased each time."

• "The customer service is outstanding. I like the site, it's easy to use on my end and customers end but having good customer service is a massive selling point for me. "

• "This is so user friendly. I also love that I can reach wider audiences with an online auction than a regular silent auction as I've used in the past. "

• Cons

• "There should be an option that lets you print bidding sheets. Drag and drop feature isn't available. Would be a good thing to have. "

• "Could use a few more features so make things a bit easier at time but this will not stop me from using their software again. "

• "I like least about this software that some % is taken from our winnings. I wish it was a smaller amount."

Browse BiddingOwl Reviews

Aude from DKM Blue - John Deere Licensing

Industry: Fund-Raising

Amazing customer support for the most effective bidding site

I have used BiddingOwl.com for 2 separate school fair auctions (2017, 2018) and i'm about to use it again in May 2019 for an other association. As I use Bidding Owl for fundraising and volunteering activities, I would love to see the 5% decreased for non-for-profit activities, however, BiddingOwl.com has been the most effective, helpful, bidder friendly online auction site I have ever used. The auction set up is easy enough but it's the bidding side which is the highlight and main benefit as the bidders are the most important part of the auction. The support is exceptional, diligent and prompt. I would definitely recommend BiddingOwl.com to any enterprises looking for a auction site.

Pros

Ease of sharing website with bidders and user friendly bidding Great advertising inserts for donors Extremely helpful customer support

Cons

Cheaper fees Website creation and pulling out can be labor intense Bids sheets and certificates templates could be a little fancier

Jessi from Woodland Park Cooperative School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

A life saver in the middle of a pandemic!

We will definitely be using Bidding Owl again and recommending it to other non profits in similar situations like us. Now that we know how wonderful online auctions are we’ll never go back to paper!

Pros

Our school has had silent auctions in the past, but never an online one. When the Covid19 pandemic sent everyone into quarantine our school scrambled to find an alternative spring auction we had already started planning. Bidding Owl’s software made it so easy to set up, edit, and promote before the auction started. While our 3 day auction took place we received a lot of feedback from our school’s families on how easy they felt it was use and how professional everything looked. Post auction we have made more money than any of other other auctions in the past and the checkout process has been simple and straightforward. I can’t wait to do another one!

Cons

I wish that it would show the opening bid before users had to click on the item to see its details. It would also be nice to have the option of more than 3 photos on some items.

Reasons for Choosing BiddingOwl

Auctria felt like it had a lot of hidden costs that would ultimately make it an expensive product. We are a small non profit with a smaller auction and were concerned too much of our earnings would be used to pay for Auctrias software.

TYLER from Choices for Youth

Makes auctions so much easier

We've been able to (more easily) raise a lot more money through out online / fundraising auctions when using this software. We've also had comments from our supporters that it has made things easier on their end.

Pros

We don't do many auction based fundraisers throughout the year, but we still always dread them as they approach. That is, we did, before finding biddingowl.com. Gone are the nightmares of using a paper-based auction system that we spent oodles of time organizing, tracking, reconciling, etc. Bidding Owl makes it easier for us to organize, but also for our users to engage in the auction. With tools like the 'auto bid up to a certain amount', people are more willing to spend money, meaning we raise more.

Cons

It's not the most visually appealing software on the market. Granted, we haven't used other auction tools specifically, but the ui / visual design of the software just feels a bit dated. Like early 2000s look. Design trends across the industry have moved on, and there's little excuse these days for not having a service that is visually attractive for the users to engage with.

Response from BiddingOwl.com

Replied February 2020

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate your great comments and constructive feedback. We agree it is time for a refresh of the site. We are currently working on a refreshed look while keeping our user-friendly platform. We have listened to our auction chairpersons and bidders and will even be adding some additional enhancements! Thank you for letting us be part of your success!

Jill from Glendale-River Hills School District Foundation

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

No bells and whistles, but a quality vendor that will get the job done!

Pros

We like that our auction homepage is customizable, and that we can add "Fund-a-Need" items for a la carte purchase in addition to bidding on our live and silent auction items. We also appreciate that purchases can be made via PayPal or directly with a credit card. The site is user-friendly provides concise direction for setup. Every time I've called in for support, I've spoken with the same representative (Hi, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]), which has given me a nice sense of continuity through this endeavor. The fact that the pricing is the lowest in the industry is such a great bonus!

Cons

I experienced an issue with the payment integration with PayPal, that I wish Bidding Owl could have resolved on my behalf. Instead, I spent several hours, over the course of multiple days, working through it. After all was finished, I was pleased with the outcome, but it was definitely a flustering experience.

Reasons for Choosing BiddingOwl

The value and positive reviews online swayed our decision toward GiftSmart.

Brynn from PTO

Easy to Use Auction Website

We are very pleased with BiddingOwl.com because it permits us to hold an auction without organizing a live event. We've often debated whether or not our population of parents would be likely to attend a live function and how successful that would be, so the online-only auction is a great solution for us.

Pros

I've used BiddingOwl.com for two annual online auctions for my children's school, and am setting up our third auction now. I love how easy it is to use, and that I can also re-use last year's setup by requesting that the old bids be deleted. This saves a ton of time because a lot of our auction items are repeated. I also like the layout and appearance of the webpage for users. It is very simple for bidders to create their account and start bidding. The notifications sent to bidders when they are outbid is also helpful for promoting continued engagement with the online auction.

Cons

I do rather wish there was a way to sort my items a little more easily. They display according to item number, and I like to group all of the items from each grade together. I wind up shuffling the item numbers around quite a bit to get everything in the proper order. Also, it would be nice to be able to rename the portion of the URL after the slash...I didn't think about that when I used the whole name of our school, which is quite tedious to type and promote after "www.BiddingOwl.com/".

CYNTHIA from ARTHRITIS PATIENT SERVICES, DBA ARTHRITIS SERVICES

An experience like NONE other with www.biddingowl.com

Our agency has experienced no problems with biddingowl.com. Everything about them is top-notch and professional. Each time I use the system for an annual auction fundraiser, I am more and more pleased with this software. There is no way we could spend the time 're-inventing the wheel' to have our on line auction. We are very pleased at Arthritis Patient Services in Charlotte, NC.

Pros

We have been long standing customers with bidding owl! The system is user friendly, and it works like a charm! I am so pleased when I email or call in to the bidding owl office that someone is always able to help me get through any issue. This service matters most to our non-profit. In all our years using the system, no one has ever complained about access and usage.

Cons

It is difficult to think of cons...but if there was one thing I would change it would be to allow for larger photographs! Sometimes I just want to almost 'shout' about an item and its' value for the bidder!

Maria from Elementary School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great for School Fundraiser!

Overall, our school makes quite a bit of money with our annual online auction. Customer service is prompt and extremely friendly, so for me, that outweighs the negatives. I'm happy to continue using this site!

Pros

I really like that we have an easy way for families to bid on items such as lunch with their teacher or front row seats to 6th grade graduation. I'm so thankful to have the option to sell tickets with no fee taken out or to offer items for bidding.

Cons

It would be nice if the 5% fee was reduced for non-profits, but I believe that's the lowest available, so we'll take it. I also would like the option to delete items from the bidding list rather than contacting customer support. I felt it was unclear that my payment information wasn't completely set up before my auction went live, but that was an easy fix.

Reasons for Choosing BiddingOwl

We chose BiddingOwl because it had the lowest fee associated with its use.

Melanie from US Masters Swimming

Super easy and fun way to set-up an auction to fundraise for our non-profit

Bidding Owl made our online auction run smoothly. It was easy to set-up and manage plus our bidders had a positive experience as well. Would definitely use Bidding Owl again.

Pros

Easy step by step process to set-up an auction. Allowed for multiple pictures of the items. Easy to use and manage the auction. Easy to close out the items and locate shipping information for winning bidders. Connects with PayPal for easy and quick payment.

Cons

We had one bidder who backed out of the purchase and I couldn't locate a place on the bidding site to cancel his bid and select the next highest bidder. I had to call customer support and they handled it quickly.

Reasons for Choosing BiddingOwl

We couldn't upload multiple pictures of our auction items on the 32auctions site. Some of our items had several components so we needed to have more than one picture included. With Bidding Owl we could include multiple pictures of the items which I believe helped the items to sell better.

Kim from Crestwood Middle School

Every Non-Profit Needs This

This is absolutely wonderful. The layout is so easy on the eyes. Other online auction sites lay out the items in a way that is messy or confusing. This is clean and clear and attractive. Technology is not a strong suit for me, I have had to call the help desk 3 times in the last 18 months. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is wonderful. She picks up the phone right away. She is patient and knowledgeable and kind. At first I was hesitant to use a site that charges a fee. But, I soon realized that the nominal fee is worth it.

Pros

Cons

I guess I wish that the registration process for bidders was a tiny bit easier. I worry that some people hesitate to register.

Kerensa from Marquette Catholic School

Outstanding customer service and great product

We are using Bidding Owl for our annual fundraiser. This is our 2nd year. Even easier then last year was with them. Very happy! Anytime I have a question I can easily reach them via email or phone. They are easy to talk to and truly seem to care about your business.

Barbara from Pura Syndrome Foundation

A Great Auction Management Option

We found that using Bidding Owl helped us to organize our auction items and gave us greater flexibility with making adjustments to pricing and bid increments than we had using manual bidding process. It saved hassle and frustration for both us and our bidders at the end of the night! It was exciting to track the progress of the bidding in real time and obtain data that can be used going forward. Overall, it was a positive experience and we look forward to using it again next year!

Pros

For a small organization, it was great to have an online auction management service option that had a simple, relatively low cost pricing structure in order to eliminate the risk associated with subscription fees or high up-front costs. The customer service was very responsive and quick, whether by email or by phone. Item entry and management was simple and generally intuitive. It was great to have the ability to enter default choices as a batch and to update them as needed individually or as a group. Also, it was helpful to have the ability to upload 3 pictures per item.

Cons

There were some features that are less intuitive, so perhaps a more robust help section to eliminate the need to contact Customer Service. However, as mentioned above, they are very responsive, but it would be nice to find more answers without that step. Although there is a nice printable instruction sheet for registering and bidding for users, I would find it helpful for future updates if there were more printable step-by-step instructions for volunteers (who may be less familiar with the software) to reference during bidding and check out. I was disappointed that there is not an automated way within the software to create display bid description sheets automatically. However, customer service recommended that we use the export items feature and perform a mail merge in Word, and that worked beautifully for our purposes.

Bidding Owl is a great, cost effective way to get your fundraising auction online.

I've been really pleased with the overall experience with Bidding Owl. I think its best feature is the customer service. They have helped me repeatedly, even when the problem is on my computer's end and not a site issue. I highly recommend Bidding Owl for a small to medium fundraising effort. Ours is a school parent club raising approximately $35k-$50k per year.

Pros

I find it really user friendly for the most part. I like the ability to include items that are in our silent and live auctions without being charged a % fee for them. Bidding Owl has really reasonable rates and amazing customer service. I love that we have our own auction site name that is easy for people to remember and to use in marketing materials. I would love to try mobile bidding, which I think is a great feature, but the location we've used for many years for our auction event has really poor internet.

Cons

There are certain features I wish would be implemented, such as the ability to rearrange images and the ability for bidders to right click on items to open them in new tabs. Other auction sites have this feature, and I wish BiddingOwl had it as well. I also really wish we could store people's credit card information to make checkout more streamlined at the end of the live/silent auction event. I wish there was more flexibility in editing our home page design.

Melissa from Oakland Elementary PTO

Bidding Owl is great for schools and non-profits

As a school group and non-profit we really needed a low cost auction solution. Not only was this low cost, but we increased our auction revenue so much over the standard paper and pen silent auction. Our parents and bidders loved it and loved being able to bid on their phones during the event. Just remember not to plan anything big at your event during the last 10 minutes of auction bidding, because everyone will be glued to their phones and having fun bidding. Proxy bid functionality is awesome, but lots of bidders still like to be in the moment and do it manually.

Pros

We liked that we could use it and test it out before buying. It is user friendly and we are able to quickly add new items to our auction. This is our second year using it and we really liked the option to carry over the listing from last year and edit, delete or add as needed. It saved a lot of time.

Cons

We wish the pictures on each listing could be larger or that the bidder could zoom in on them. I feel like all of our bidders can't see the amazing detail in our auction baskets. We also experienced a slight issue with bid increments and proxy bids. We set the bid increment on all of our auctions to $5, but the way proxy bids would outbid regular bids sometimes allowed a bid of $91 for example. It confused some of our bidders.

Julie from River Rock School

BiddingOwl has completely restructured our annual fundraising auction

After 10 years of doing the traditional live and silent auction, we decided to give the online auction option a try. After quite a bit of research, we chose BiddingOwl as our online software. We now make more than half of our total profit from the online part of our auction, and I am pushing to completely move to online only. BiddingOwl has made this shift incredibly easy and profitable. We are now able to reach a much wider audience. This is our fourth year using BiddingOwl and we will continue to do so!

Pros

Great customer support, especially for a "newbie" like me. The overall look is generally nice and clean. The bidding and check out process is fairly easy from the consumer end. I like that we can save items from year to year. Once you've set it up once, the work has decreased immensely over the years.

Cons

I'd like to have a little more choice in font, colors, etc during the set up. It would make sense to have the logo (and other info) for a donor come up when they are chosen as a donor for an item. It would be helpful to keep bidders in the database when the auction is reset.

Joel from CloudFactory

BiddingOwl Review

Lets you plan online auction with less hassle. Adding items for auctioning is simple and you can add them prior to the day of auctioning. It also reaches a wider audience in the most convenient way. Online auction is way simpler thanks to BidOwl and smart devices.

Pros

One of the best thing about online world is being able to reach many people, and working with this software just shows how sometimes you can limit yourself when you stick to traditional systems of handling business. The software lets you track the entire auction process in real time. You can tell how you're performing and track progress to identify trends. Reports on auction activities can also be saved for future references in case you want to know which direction is best for your next online auction. No one is good at everything and you have to learn and try new things. Great customer support makes it possible to wrap your head around the tool and be able to take off just in good time. It's also cost-effective, which lets you focus more on revenue maximization. Since you can reach a wider audience, good planning and execution can get you tremendous results It's very user-friendly. Adding items for auction on the tool is much simpler with templates. Also, you can add items prior to the big day so your bidders can get to know what's available.

Cons

Response from BiddingOwl.com

Replied November 2019

Thank you so much for your feedback! We wanted to make sure that you knew that there is an option to automatically print your bid sheets in a run through the Print section of your Auction Administrators page. If you ever need any assistance please feel free to give us a call!

Aryn from Friends of Valle de Oro National Wildlife Refuge

Industry: Environmental Services

Bidding Owl for our Organization

Overall it was a great resource for our stopgap online auction. It was quick and easy to set-up, and you can't beat the fees, especially for a small nonprofit and small auction. We would consider using the software again, however if we were putting on a larger and more complicated online auction, we might consider a more sophisticated and intuitive system.

Pros

I like how it is a simple platform that allows you to get an auction up and running very quickly. I found most of the set-up intuitive, although there were a few things that required some trial and error.

Cons

A lot of individuals looking to bid on items had trouble figuring out how to do so. We had to create our own instructions and instructional videos to add to our home page to guide users through the process. I wish there were instructional videos front and center on each auction welcome page, so we didn't have to create that and guide people how to use the site. Also, the information on how to bid using increments was difficult for people. I wish the minimum increment information was more easily identifiable with instructions on how to bid on each item listing, or that the system automatically suggested the next applicable bid amount based on the increments in the bid field.

Reasons for Choosing BiddingOwl

We choose bidding owl because of the low cost for the software. It allowed us to test out doing Online Auctions without a huge investment.

Cynthia from Computer Networking

Perfect for first time online auction for school fundraiser

Since i am typing this review before the auction ends, my overall experience is good. This is the first time our school moves from traditional paper silent auction to online bidding. We'll see how much this is better than the traditional way.

Pros

With the simple and easy-to-enter templates, i got a bunch of items online in no time. Customer support replied to email within a day. With the software, we can now let parents to see what items are on auction before the day of event.

Cons

it would be nice if they support more than 1 count of an item in an auction. i don't want to have 12 identical items on a page because we have received 12 of them. it would be better if we can limit the site to invitation only.

Robert from Mt. Pleasant Rotary Club

Another Successful Auction

It was a great experience and i found the support to be very helpful. I sometimes felt bad having to call them about something I probably should know, but they were patient and helpful.

Pros

Bidding Owl is user friendly even for someone who is not techy. As we continue to use it we find even more features that have helped us with our Auction.

Cons

At first i was afraid to click on some of the menu buttons for fear of what might happen. I soon learned however that they have safeguards to prevent you from having to proceed in something you are not sure of.

Connie from North Creek PTO

Bidding Owl helped us make our Silent Auction the most successful ever!

Our auction raised 50% more than last year, thanks to Bidding Owl. This whole process made the day of our event so much more manageable, streamlined and FUN! Can’t wait to use Bidding Owl again next year!!

Pros

The software was very user-friendly and the Help options and videos were extremely helpful! If I couldn't find an answer, Customer support were a quick email/phone call away...and they were quick to respond! It was also a breeze for our bidders to navigate as well.

Cons

I suppose there were a couple times we weren't able to manipulate the grids the way we wanted to, but that's likely because none of us were too computer savvy. Having said that, it was surprisingly easy for us computer novices to get the information we needed. Again, Customer support clarified pretty much everything for us!

Kathi from HALO Havanese Rescue

Fantastic site and great customer service!

We have used this for our yearly on line auction for 4 years with great results. It is our biggest fund raiser of the year. It is a way to raise money that is successful for our rescue and people have a lot of fun using Bidding Owl. They have told us they look forward to this auction every year.

Pros

Cons

In all honesty I can't say that there is anything that we have not been pleased with while using this service.

Jennifer from American Express

Bidding Owl a great product!

I used this software for our elementary school online auction. It was great to use for bidders, visually really bright and pretty! The cost was wonderful too for what you receive! Im a huge fan!

Pros

I loved the ease of use for this product. Set up was extremely easy, support was quick very responsive and helpful! The product has reports you can run and emails you can send to bidders and winners. Easy to download to excel as well. I also loved that it works on your mobile as well for easy access. Great for the price.

Cons

Only con would be if it would ask users for their childs name as well so it would appear on the invoices since im using this for school.

Valentine from St Francis of Assisi P&F

Out Not-For-Profit Business experience of Bidding Owl

It was great. We initially thought the SMS alerts were not working but in fact they were and worked fantastic! Having a different pricing structure for NFP (Not For Profit) organisations would definitely get more customers their way.

Pros

We liked how easy it was to enter the the Bidding Item, the Donor and the bidding specifics, such as Market Value, Start and Bidding increments. We also like the ease of updating these details. The Multiple edit options to change from Silent to Online auction was really great as it saved as individually going thorough each item and manually changing it!

Cons

Not many, except we are based in Australia, and even thought the Bidding End Date and time was shown, the countdown clock was showing what I'm guessing was Michigan Time zone. Although this could have been our fault for not configuring it properly. I'm sure there is an easy fix for it, otherwise we couldn't find any faults with it.

Reasons for Choosing BiddingOwl

Being web based and the end user not having to install yet another App onto their phone, the cost for running it and most important for us, we required SMS alerts as opposed to email or via an App alerts.

Patricia from Big Water Pikes

Industry: Sporting Goods

Not Just for Non-profits

Really top-notch. I feel like they care about our business and want us to succeed.

Pros

I was able to roll out a professional auction platform in just 3 weeks. This was a result of the well-organized tutorials and BiddingOwl's absolutely outstanding and consistent customer support. Our bidders tell us how easy it is to search product, bid and pay. We are a small, for-profit company and we are able to configure the software parameters to adequately meet our needs. Our experience with BiddingOwl has given us the confidence to strongly pursue this new (for us) sales channel.

Cons

The tutorials could be much better. I found the answers to questions to be "bare bones" and I often had to query support to get the rest of the answers I was seeking. In addition, I would love to see bidding on all of our auction items (usually 6 per auction) on one page, real time; currently, we have to jump from page to page. And, for some reason, we must update our credit card before each auction (two per month) even though it does not change and the expiration date is far in the future. Scratching my head.

Reasons for Choosing BiddingOwl

Could get rolled out faster.

Melissa from McCleskey Foundation

Outstanding Customer Service

We are new to using an online system for our auction, and I have been very pleased with BiddingOwl.com. From my initial questions before we decided to use their platform for our auction, throughout the entire set-up process, their customer service has been top notch. Very responsive and informative.

Pros

I love the ease of setting up individual auction items. The item management system is very easy to use, which makes my job so much easier!

Cons

I wish that there was an online app for biddingowl, that was optimized for smart phones.

Reasons for Choosing BiddingOwl

We ultimately chose BiddingOwl.com because the service fee charged at the auction end was smaller than other companies. We have been pleased with all aspects of this platform.

Marina from Pacific Whale Foundation

Industry: Environmental Services

Basic and Useful Fundraising Platform

Customer service responses are timely and helpful. I would love to see an updated look for auction pages and more customization options.

Pros

User friendly platform to raise funds for our non profit organization.

Cons

Payment integration, there is always the concern that a bidder can commit to purchasing an item but not follow through with payment as it is collected through another platform

Syifa from R.O.L.E Foundation

Very Recommended Auction Software

We often get bidder that unclaimed their bidding after the auction ended which mean we need to pay the fee with our own money. I asked BiddingOwl.com to remove their bidding from the bill and BiddingOwl.com do that for us. Really thank you

Pros

It is easy to operate and for the bidder it is easy to use and understand how to bid.

Cons

They cannot change the placement setting of their display.

Sarah from Friends Of Main Street

Great For Elementary School Auction

This is our school's third year using BiddingOwl.com to run our online auction and to sell our auction tickets. It works perfectly for our needs and charges a very fair price. The customer support is great.

Pros

I love that there is no subscription fee. The costumer support is great and I love that you can "reset" your auction if most items stay the same from year to year, rather than having to re-enter all items every year.

Cons

The close out process took me a little bit to figure out (although I am not super tech savvy).

Christa from Meadowbrook Elementary PTO

Overall, a great value with lots to offer.

Economical way to provide online fundraising services.

Pros

A lot of tools to use for fundraising I like that you can preset auction preferences so you do not need to enter the same info for all items Customer Support was very quick with all inquiries!

Cons

Item management was tedious. The full list of items was difficult to sort in any way. Once sorted, as soon as you update another item, it defaults back to how it was originally sorted. I had to keep resorting my item list to find the items I needed to update. I would have like the ability to print bid sheets for online auction, as ours started as an online auction and finishes at an event, as an online auction. Providing QR codes to each item is a miss. We had to manually do this for our event, where other services provide it. If web addresses and logos are provided in donor section, that should pull through to item section when you tie it to a donor. Instead, we had to re-enter all logos and websites on items.

Laura from Wilson Hill PTO

Highly Recommend Bidding Owl

Our overall experience with Bidding Owl was fantastic! The customer service they offer is truly top-notch. They are polite, helpful and quick to respond. We look forward to utilizing this software again in the future.

Pros

Bidding Owl is incredibly user-friendly and offers a variety of options to customize the type of auction you are trying to build. I love how quickly we can add items, track bids and adjust features as needed.

Cons

We had a lot of donors, and the scrolling banner only offers a single-line scroll. 2 or 3 scroll lines to maximize the donor view would be a great addition.

Maritta M. from Indian Ridge Elementary PTO

GREAT PRODUCT FOR NON-PROFITS

We are a small K-5 elementary school and Bidding Owl has allowed us to keep providing a fun community event (our online auction) without a significant profit reduction.

Pros

It is pretty intuitive and not hard to navigate for first-time users.

Cons

There isn't a way to upload a spreadsheet for the auction items, so there's lots of key strokes necessary for each item. The Item Management portion is the most cumbersome of the entire site.

Dylan from paws4people and paws4vets

AMAZING ONLINE AUCTION SITE

Pros

Bidding Owl was so incredibly easy to use! Its a great site to manage auction items, bidders, donors, sponsors and more for an amazing price. Bidding Owl's customer service was top notch! They were always there to answer questions and help us. Whether you are an online expert or novice, first time fundraiser or a professional fundraiser, you will love this site and software.

Cons

Nothing. The software was so easy to use and manage.

Dayshel from Christa McAuliffe Charter School

Great tool for auctions!

Pros

The software has comparable tools to those that charge large membership fees. This is the perfect tool for organizations that want to streamline bidding.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about this program.

Empresa from Empresa Performing Arts Foundation

Industry: Music

Great friend of the nonprofit

Pros

I like the ease of usr and abilty to reuse information. Time is so important when you are a small operation.

Cons

I wish I could reset the auction mysrlf but the customer service is prompt and very helpful.

Annie from Veterinary

Industry: Veterinary

Easy online auction option!

Pros

The ease of use in creating items, uploading pictures and seeing bidding statistics.

Cons

It would be nice to have an option to save the previous auction when starting a new one. I was able to export excel files with item and winner information though. It's also very simple to email customer support and they reset my auction to start a new one within 15 minutes!!

Lonnie from Florence Kiwanis Club

Kudos to support staff

While at first we were unsure that an auction site was for us the ease of setting up our auction and the apparent ease of bidders to set them selves up we are on track to meet our goals for the auction. The support staff are FANTASTIC. Product is a definite 10

Pros

Never used a site like this before but was able to set up our auction and add items with ease

Cons

Haven’t discovered any part of site I dislike

Reasons for Choosing BiddingOwl

After looking at a few tutorials and showing site to our small committee all felt it was worth a try

Alayna from Hope Harbor, Inc.

Industry: Public Safety

User and NonProfit Friendly!

Super happy with Bidding Owl and will use them again in the future for online auctions! Highly recommended! Good price of 5% for nonprofits too!

Pros

Bidding Owl was easy to understand and use. As a first time user of an online auction site (and first time for the nonprofit), Bidding Owl was my first choice and we are so happy with the outcome! The ease of uploading information and pictures of your auction items and the invoices with totals made our auction successful and organized. Customer service was also super helpful in answering questions and getting back to me quickly!

Cons

The only critique I have is the shipping costs. I expected it to be optional for the bidders/winners and unfortunately they were charged for shipping regardless if they picked up their items. Waiting to hear back from customer service about this one!

David from Rotary Club of Patong Beach

Industry: Executive Office

Great for nonprofit auctions

We have always used spreadsheets and paper for our silent auctions before. Bidding Owl let's us get bids before the gala even started.

Pros

Their customer service is really helpful and responsive. They really care and it shows. I'm located in Thailand and they made the changes in currency symbols to allow us to use Bidding Owl.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve involved in using Bidding Owl to it's fullest. It's easy once you spend that time.

Katherine from Eno River Academy

Industry: Music

Great Customer Service! Great Value!

Fabulous return for investment! Would recommend and use again. Great value!

Pros

This online bidding software is very easy to use and set up. Photos are easy to load and it's easy for Bidders to register and customizable for notifications. Great value!

Cons

Not quite as many features as some other auction software companies, service went down twice during event, but we are using again. Great technical service, and all worked out well in the end.

Cost

Jacqueline from Eliot Pearson Children's School at Tuft's

Industry: Fund-Raising

Great Experience with Bidding Owl. 2nd year user.

Wonderful!

Pros

Easy to Use, wonderful customer service, Very professional look to the site.

Cons

Nothing bad to say. We had a great experience.

Nikki from Community Farmers Market, Inc.

Great option for non-profit fundraiser

This was a great online fundraiser for our outreach program.

Pros

Reasonable Rates, Great way to seek donations

Cons

Had a little trouble formatting pictures

MAYA from Maya's Hope

great software

Pros

it has a wider audience than just who we market to.

Cons

still is a bit archaic. You can't drop photos into it. It needs major updating.

Tori from The Young and Brave Foundation

Two year vet

My overall experience is a positive one. I have found the site to be very easy to navigate even via mobile. I think that the customer support is very helpful and quick to respond so if I ever do have an issue it can be solved or answered in a day's time.

Pros

I really enjoy that the fees are low and the interface in setting up the auction is relatively easy to navigate.

Cons

I have had trouble in both years with the highest bidder not making payment straight away. My auction is for charity so the more items I sell the better for kids with cancer. I think it would be awesome to have an automatic payment for highest bidders available to lock them into bidding.

Mike from Advocates of Love

Perfect online auction software for our needs!

We went from manually running our silent auction to utilizing Bidding Owl and it was less work for us internally and we saw a 15% increase in the final auction net!

Pros

Very easy to use and much more economical than others we vetted.

Cons

Honestly haven't found a con yet. Some of our users needed some assistance getting going.

Melissa from High Tech High Foundations

Perfect fit for annual non-profit

I'm using the site for my second auction...love it!

Pros

Easy to set up and easy for bidders to participate. Customer service gets back to you quickly!

Cons

Some participants still like the old fashion, silent auction sheets (which are provided), but using them makes things less convenient.

Susan from HobbleJog Foundation

Extremely happy with Bidding Owl!

Pros

The ease of use. It was my first time using bidding software for a charity event, and I was up and running in minutes.

Cons

I could get expensive, but so far we have managed to keep the fees reasonable for a non profit. Other than that, it was excellent.

Elaine from Windham County 4-H Foundation, Inc.

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Pop Up Online Auction

The need to find an alternative way to auction off some items and give us a little cash led us to this platform. It has been an easy and effective platform and technical support is wonderful. We couldn't be happier with our experience.

Pros

We were able to set up this online auction very quickly which was necessary because of the virus precautions that forced us to reschedule our auction to the fall. We put together items that would expire by then. The set up was extremely easy and quite intuitive to use.

Cons

Using just photos in the scrolling banner is a great feature, but wasn't explained how to do that in any tutorial available. The technical support staff available both by phone and by e-mail were awesome however and were quickly able to resolve any questions I had, including this one.

Bidding Owl Review

Pros

For the most part it is easy to navigate. I taught myself all I needed to know about the program and did get everything set up on my own.

Cons

I have yet to run into any issues as previously stated I taught myself how to set up our auction.

Monica from Public Relations and Communications

Great Customer Service

The customer service has been AMAZING

Pros

This is our first time using the software for a non-profit auction. There's a ton of flexibility and the ability to do both the auction, manage donors and ticket sales in one place makes it the right fit for us.

Cons

Would love to see more customization on the auction page, including ability to remove footers

David from kindale

Saved us so much time

saved us lots of time and not to have sheets of paper to go threw was nice.

Pros

So easy to setup and get our auction going.. loved people could bid from the phones. the customer service is great. you can do a lot with this and has tons of options.

Cons

Had a small learning curve but once you figure it out it is really easy to use. and there customer service is great answering any question that you have.

January 2014

Karen from Bill Meissner Food Pantry

January 2014

Bidding Owl Is The Best!

Bidding Owl is not only easy to use as a site manager with regards to set up, figures, reports, etc., gorgeous to look at with as much description information one determines is necessary as well as three colorful photographs and/or logos, and is very simple for bidders to use, at home or via their mobile devices as well, but the customer service is simply top notch! We had several questions along the way, as we had never run an online silent auction before, and when we called for help, either someone answered and helped us immediately, or we received a return phone call within minutes. We highly recommend Bidding Owl - we made a great deal of money for our food pantry, had fun doing it, and received all the support along the way you could ever ask for!