BiddingOwl.com Software Reviews

BiddingOwl.com Software Reviews

Find out more:

FrontRunners 2022

Find out more:

• icon"This was my first experience constructing an online auction and this software. Setting the auction up was easy with the help of the Auction Wizard which guided me step by step."
  • icon"It is easy to use and the customer service is top notch. This is the 4th year we have used Bidding Owl and have been more than pleased each time."
  • icon"The customer service was amazing - even on the weekends."
  • icon"Also, the information on how to bid using increments was difficult for people."
  • icon"I haven't found anything that I would complain about."
  • icon"At first i was afraid to click on some of the menu buttons for fear of what might happen."

All BiddingOwl.com Reviews

Aude

Industry: Fund-Raising

Amazing customer support for the most effective bidding site

I have used BiddingOwl.com for 2 separate school fair auctions (2017, 2018) and i'm about to use it again in May 2019 for an other association. As I use Bidding Owl for fundraising and volunteering activities, I would love to see the 5% decreased for non-for-profit activities, however, BiddingOwl.com has been the most effective, helpful, bidder friendly online auction site I have ever used. The auction set up is easy enough but it's the bidding side which is the highlight and main benefit as the bidders are the most important part of the auction. The support is exceptional, diligent and prompt. I would definitely recommend BiddingOwl.com to any enterprises looking for a auction site.

Pros

Ease of sharing website with bidders and user friendly bidding Great advertising inserts for donors Extremely helpful customer support

Cons

Cheaper fees Website creation and pulling out can be labor intense Bids sheets and certificates templates could be a little fancier

Jamie

Absolutely fantastic for fundraising and the best customer service!

Their price point for non-profits can not be beat! Personal one-on-one service and a great piece of software.

Pros

Bidding Owl has revolutionized the way that our non-profit organization is able to fundraise! Previously we were only able to reach people at in-person events and with the ease of use, registration process, and ease of sharing to the world, we have raised 20 times as much money. It's really astounding. The best part has truly been the customer service! Very helpful to walk through all the set-up steps to ensure we had everything correct before launching. Plus they've also been really quick to help me and my bidders when we needed help. Will absolutely use again and planning on using it for another non-profit that I volunteer with. A+++++

Cons

Would be great if the short url code worked on social media, much easier to market and have others share. Not a huge deal, though.

Reasons for choosing BiddingOwl.com

Customization of site, price point/commission, and options for functionality.

Aryn

Industry: Environmental Services

Bidding Owl for our Organization

Overall it was a great resource for our stopgap online auction. It was quick and easy to set-up, and you can't beat the fees, especially for a small nonprofit and small auction. We would consider using the software again, however if we were putting on a larger and more complicated online auction, we might consider a more sophisticated and intuitive system.

Pros

I like how it is a simple platform that allows you to get an auction up and running very quickly. I found most of the set-up intuitive, although there were a few things that required some trial and error.

Cons

A lot of individuals looking to bid on items had trouble figuring out how to do so. We had to create our own instructions and instructional videos to add to our home page to guide users through the process. I wish there were instructional videos front and center on each auction welcome page, so we didn't have to create that and guide people how to use the site. Also, the information on how to bid using increments was difficult for people. I wish the minimum increment information was more easily identifiable with instructions on how to bid on each item listing, or that the system automatically suggested the next applicable bid amount based on the increments in the bid field.

Reasons for choosing BiddingOwl.com

We choose bidding owl because of the low cost for the software. It allowed us to test out doing Online Auctions without a huge investment.

Kelly

Industry: Libraries

October 2022

BiddingOwl works great for our organization.

BiddingOwl.com has been an excellent host for our annual December silent auction. I even was able to look at other organizations auctions for ideas. Any time that I have needed help with the software or for setting up an event, the response time and quality of the response has been great!

Pros

We have a small group and the features of bidding owl, as well as their staff support, make the program very user-friendly. I highly recommend their software for online auction events.

Cons

There is a learning curve to quickly enter items for a silent auction, but only because the software has many features with options to help cater the site to your group's needs.

Reasons for choosing BiddingOwl.com

I did research similar programs and selected BiddingOwl.com for it's clarity of pricing, as well as the pricing itself. As a small, rural, non-profit organization they suited our needs perfectly and reasonably.

Laura

October 2022

Bidding Owl Great for Small Nonprofits!

Great way to make the auction process easy for the bidder and the host!

Pros

We have used Bidding Owl for 3 years as an ancillary fundraiser to our Banquet, and found it especially helpful, both used as a stand-alone online auction, and also used in conjunction (once things opened up after COVID) with an in-person, but bidding online auction. It worked just great to get things done, but also lets people start bidding in advance of the event.

Cons

Only allows use of PayPal as a payment source for users.

Jessi

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

A life saver in the middle of a pandemic!

We will definitely be using Bidding Owl again and recommending it to other non profits in similar situations like us. Now that we know how wonderful online auctions are we’ll never go back to paper!

Pros

Our school has had silent auctions in the past, but never an online one. When the Covid19 pandemic sent everyone into quarantine our school scrambled to find an alternative spring auction we had already started planning. Bidding Owl’s software made it so easy to set up, edit, and promote before the auction started. While our 3 day auction took place we received a lot of feedback from our school’s families on how easy they felt it was use and how professional everything looked. Post auction we have made more money than any of other other auctions in the past and the checkout process has been simple and straightforward. I can’t wait to do another one!

Cons

I wish that it would show the opening bid before users had to click on the item to see its details. It would also be nice to have the option of more than 3 photos on some items.

Reasons for choosing BiddingOwl.com

Auctria felt like it had a lot of hidden costs that would ultimately make it an expensive product. We are a small non profit with a smaller auction and were concerned too much of our earnings would be used to pay for Auctrias software.

Caitlin

Industry: Performing Arts

Parity Productions Review of Bidding Owl

Overall, our experience with BiddingOwl.com was positive and met our needs for this particular event.

Pros

We were able to customize the schedule & pricing of auction items to meet our specific needs. We had access to live customer service via email, phone and even got on a Zoom call for a walkthrough. We were able to direct people to the site easily via social media and our e-newsletter marketing. Set-up & management was relatively easy and we were able to track progress on items in real time and easily manage items.

Cons

That our users had to register separately for the site in order to bid.

Reasons for choosing BiddingOwl.com

The layout, functionality, and customer service options for Bidding Owl were more in alignment with our needs than alternative products.

Jill

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

No bells and whistles, but a quality vendor that will get the job done!

Pros

We like that our auction homepage is customizable, and that we can add "Fund-a-Need" items for a la carte purchase in addition to bidding on our live and silent auction items. We also appreciate that purchases can be made via PayPal or directly with a credit card. The site is user-friendly provides concise direction for setup. Every time I've called in for support, I've spoken with the same representative (Hi, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]), which has given me a nice sense of continuity through this endeavor. The fact that the pricing is the lowest in the industry is such a great bonus!

Cons

I experienced an issue with the payment integration with PayPal, that I wish Bidding Owl could have resolved on my behalf. Instead, I spent several hours, over the course of multiple days, working through it. After all was finished, I was pleased with the outcome, but it was definitely a flustering experience.

Reasons for choosing BiddingOwl.com

The value and positive reviews online swayed our decision toward GiftSmart.

Melanie

Super easy and fun way to set-up an auction to fundraise for our non-profit

Bidding Owl made our online auction run smoothly. It was easy to set-up and manage plus our bidders had a positive experience as well. Would definitely use Bidding Owl again.

Pros

Easy step by step process to set-up an auction. Allowed for multiple pictures of the items. Easy to use and manage the auction. Easy to close out the items and locate shipping information for winning bidders. Connects with PayPal for easy and quick payment.

Cons

We had one bidder who backed out of the purchase and I couldn't locate a place on the bidding site to cancel his bid and select the next highest bidder. I had to call customer support and they handled it quickly.

Reasons for choosing BiddingOwl.com

We couldn't upload multiple pictures of our auction items on the 32auctions site. Some of our items had several components so we needed to have more than one picture included. With Bidding Owl we could include multiple pictures of the items which I believe helped the items to sell better.

Blake

November 2022

Fastest Customer Service on the Planet

Used it 3 years running for an annual auction event and it has performed seamlessly.

Pros

It is simple to administer and even when I have questions, customer service answers usually within the hour. Lots of flexibility in the items and payments and processing.

Cons

I like the look of it the least. The web page presents as clunky or 90s.

Cost

Brynn

Easy to Use Auction Website

We are very pleased with BiddingOwl.com because it permits us to hold an auction without organizing a live event. We've often debated whether or not our population of parents would be likely to attend a live function and how successful that would be, so the online-only auction is a great solution for us.

Pros

I've used BiddingOwl.com for two annual online auctions for my children's school, and am setting up our third auction now. I love how easy it is to use, and that I can also re-use last year's setup by requesting that the old bids be deleted. This saves a ton of time because a lot of our auction items are repeated. I also like the layout and appearance of the webpage for users. It is very simple for bidders to create their account and start bidding. The notifications sent to bidders when they are outbid is also helpful for promoting continued engagement with the online auction.

Cons

I do rather wish there was a way to sort my items a little more easily. They display according to item number, and I like to group all of the items from each grade together. I wind up shuffling the item numbers around quite a bit to get everything in the proper order. Also, it would be nice to be able to rename the portion of the URL after the slash...I didn't think about that when I used the whole name of our school, which is quite tedious to type and promote after "www.BiddingOwl.com/".

LORNA

So glad we found Bidding Owl!

Although our organization supports work that involves over 250,000 kids in Africa, we have no paid employees (not an option to select at the beginning of this survey). So we wanted something that would be easy for multiple people to use. The reason we went with BO was because they actually had a phone number and somebody to talk to. They have EXCELLENT customer service, always getting back quickly, even providing an emergency after-hours number.

Pros

We tried an online auction for the first time, due to COVID closing down the school where we usually had our physical auction. This product was very user-friendly and intuitive. The tutorials were helpful as well. The item presentations looked very professional, with pictures and as much space as you needed for descriptions. I could even cut and paste pictures and descriptions from websites for items that could be found online. People said they found it easy to sign up. We ran the auction for a week and people enjoyed being able to bid from home. There are also options for "text me if I'm outbid" and putting in a maximum bid that you will automatically go up to. People found it fun to get those alerts! We had people participate who normally wouldn't have attended an auction in person.

Cons

The biggest issue was the inability to add a donation at checkout. BO says they are planning to add this feature in an upgrade next month. The other issue was multiple "you won an item" notifications at the end, and it wasn't very intuitive to see how to get to the payment page. I believe this is also going to be streamlined in the upcoming BO software update. Almost all of our people paid right away so we didn't have to chase down anybody for payment. We set up two options for pickup at a specified location - a weeknight and a Saturday.

Reasons for choosing BiddingOwl.com

We looked at many online auction websites but BO was this was the only one with a phone number to ask questions. We were sort of afraid to try an online auction but BO put us at ease & showed us how simple it was.

Barbara

A Great Auction Management Option

We found that using Bidding Owl helped us to organize our auction items and gave us greater flexibility with making adjustments to pricing and bid increments than we had using manual bidding process. It saved hassle and frustration for both us and our bidders at the end of the night! It was exciting to track the progress of the bidding in real time and obtain data that can be used going forward. Overall, it was a positive experience and we look forward to using it again next year!

Pros

For a small organization, it was great to have an online auction management service option that had a simple, relatively low cost pricing structure in order to eliminate the risk associated with subscription fees or high up-front costs. The customer service was very responsive and quick, whether by email or by phone. Item entry and management was simple and generally intuitive. It was great to have the ability to enter default choices as a batch and to update them as needed individually or as a group. Also, it was helpful to have the ability to upload 3 pictures per item.

Cons

There were some features that are less intuitive, so perhaps a more robust help section to eliminate the need to contact Customer Service. However, as mentioned above, they are very responsive, but it would be nice to find more answers without that step. Although there is a nice printable instruction sheet for registering and bidding for users, I would find it helpful for future updates if there were more printable step-by-step instructions for volunteers (who may be less familiar with the software) to reference during bidding and check out. I was disappointed that there is not an automated way within the software to create display bid description sheets automatically. However, customer service recommended that we use the export items feature and perform a mail merge in Word, and that worked beautifully for our purposes.

Bidding Owl is a great, cost effective way to get your fundraising auction online.

I've been really pleased with the overall experience with Bidding Owl. I think its best feature is the customer service. They have helped me repeatedly, even when the problem is on my computer's end and not a site issue. I highly recommend Bidding Owl for a small to medium fundraising effort. Ours is a school parent club raising approximately $35k-$50k per year.

Pros

I find it really user friendly for the most part. I like the ability to include items that are in our silent and live auctions without being charged a % fee for them. Bidding Owl has really reasonable rates and amazing customer service. I love that we have our own auction site name that is easy for people to remember and to use in marketing materials. I would love to try mobile bidding, which I think is a great feature, but the location we've used for many years for our auction event has really poor internet.

Cons

There are certain features I wish would be implemented, such as the ability to rearrange images and the ability for bidders to right click on items to open them in new tabs. Other auction sites have this feature, and I wish BiddingOwl had it as well. I also really wish we could store people's credit card information to make checkout more streamlined at the end of the live/silent auction event. I wish there was more flexibility in editing our home page design.

Vanessa

Industry: Performing Arts

Perfect platform for our virtual auction.

Overall, the experience was great. our organization is small and not terribly tech savvy, we were able to build our own site with little difficulty. When we did run into something confusing we were able to call customer service and get help. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was amazing customer support and walked us through and helped us clean up our page to look even more amazing.

Pros

Ease of building our personal site. Overall look of auction was pleasing to our bidders. Ability to print reports and import bidders from our other software. could custom set bidding times for items. Can do mass email/text to all bidders. Customer service team were very response and super helpful. No upfront cost and reasonable rate of 4.9% for non-profits after auction closes.

Cons

Integrate live feed, we had a live event on Facebook in addition to our online auction. Bidders had to go between the site and live online event.

price and reviews