• Pros

• "It is easy to use and the customer service is top notch! This is the 4th year we have used Bidding Owl and have been more than pleased each time."

• "The customer service is outstanding. I like the site, it's easy to use on my end and customers end but having good customer service is a massive selling point for me. "

• "My organization has been using BiddingOwl for more than 3 years, we loved it! It easy to use as the administrator and as the user."

• Cons

• "There should be an option that lets you print bidding sheets. Drag and drop feature isn't available. Would be a good thing to have. "

• "The only con we had was Pay Pal was not friendly or easy to use. That has nothing to do with Bidding Owl and as a matter of fact Bidding Owl was helpful in trying to fix our issues with Pay Pal."

• "Could use a few more features so make things a bit easier at time but this will not stop me from using their software again. "

Browse BiddingOwl.com Reviews

Aude from DKM Blue - John Deere Licensing

Industry: Fund-Raising

Amazing customer support for the most effective bidding site

I have used BiddingOwl.com for 2 separate school fair auctions (2017, 2018) and i'm about to use it again in May 2019 for an other association. As I use Bidding Owl for fundraising and volunteering activities, I would love to see the 5% decreased for non-for-profit activities, however, BiddingOwl.com has been the most effective, helpful, bidder friendly online auction site I have ever used. The auction set up is easy enough but it's the bidding side which is the highlight and main benefit as the bidders are the most important part of the auction. The support is exceptional, diligent and prompt. I would definitely recommend BiddingOwl.com to any enterprises looking for a auction site.

Pros

Ease of sharing website with bidders and user friendly bidding Great advertising inserts for donors Extremely helpful customer support

Cons

Cheaper fees Website creation and pulling out can be labor intense Bids sheets and certificates templates could be a little fancier

Jamie from Friends of the Shakers

Absolutely fantastic for fundraising and the best customer service!

Their price point for non-profits can not be beat! Personal one-on-one service and a great piece of software.

Pros

Bidding Owl has revolutionized the way that our non-profit organization is able to fundraise! Previously we were only able to reach people at in-person events and with the ease of use, registration process, and ease of sharing to the world, we have raised 20 times as much money. It's really astounding. The best part has truly been the customer service! Very helpful to walk through all the set-up steps to ensure we had everything correct before launching. Plus they've also been really quick to help me and my bidders when we needed help. Will absolutely use again and planning on using it for another non-profit that I volunteer with. A+++++

Cons

Would be great if the short url code worked on social media, much easier to market and have others share. Not a huge deal, though.

Reasons for Choosing BiddingOwl.com

Customization of site, price point/commission, and options for functionality.

Aryn from Friends of Valle de Oro National Wildlife Refuge

Bidding Owl for our Organization

Overall it was a great resource for our stopgap online auction. It was quick and easy to set-up, and you can't beat the fees, especially for a small nonprofit and small auction. We would consider using the software again, however if we were putting on a larger and more complicated online auction, we might consider a more sophisticated and intuitive system.

Pros

I like how it is a simple platform that allows you to get an auction up and running very quickly. I found most of the set-up intuitive, although there were a few things that required some trial and error.

Cons

A lot of individuals looking to bid on items had trouble figuring out how to do so. We had to create our own instructions and instructional videos to add to our home page to guide users through the process. I wish there were instructional videos front and center on each auction welcome page, so we didn't have to create that and guide people how to use the site. Also, the information on how to bid using increments was difficult for people. I wish the minimum increment information was more easily identifiable with instructions on how to bid on each item listing, or that the system automatically suggested the next applicable bid amount based on the increments in the bid field.

Reasons for Choosing BiddingOwl.com

We choose bidding owl because of the low cost for the software. It allowed us to test out doing Online Auctions without a huge investment.

Syifa from R.O.L.E Foundation

Very Recommended Auction Software

The thing that I love about BiddingOwl is they have a very supportive team, as an NGO sometimes it is hard for us to pay the fee, but they're patiently waiting for us!

Pros

Cons

I think it would be great if BiddingOwl can provide the "clicks statistic" in the future so we can identify how many clicks on some particular item without really bidding on it.

Response from BiddingOwl.com

Replied December 2020

Hi Syifa, We wanted to let you know that you are able to view the number of views/clicks per item from your Item Export report, column Q. We hope this helps!

Jessi from Woodland Park Cooperative School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

A life saver in the middle of a pandemic!

We will definitely be using Bidding Owl again and recommending it to other non profits in similar situations like us. Now that we know how wonderful online auctions are we’ll never go back to paper!

Pros

Our school has had silent auctions in the past, but never an online one. When the Covid19 pandemic sent everyone into quarantine our school scrambled to find an alternative spring auction we had already started planning. Bidding Owl’s software made it so easy to set up, edit, and promote before the auction started. While our 3 day auction took place we received a lot of feedback from our school’s families on how easy they felt it was use and how professional everything looked. Post auction we have made more money than any of other other auctions in the past and the checkout process has been simple and straightforward. I can’t wait to do another one!

Cons

I wish that it would show the opening bid before users had to click on the item to see its details. It would also be nice to have the option of more than 3 photos on some items.

Reasons for Choosing BiddingOwl.com

Auctria felt like it had a lot of hidden costs that would ultimately make it an expensive product. We are a small non profit with a smaller auction and were concerned too much of our earnings would be used to pay for Auctrias software.

Lynne from Artfluence

A win-win for auction hosts and bidders!

Very positive! BiddingOwl.com is a solid auction platform with a dedicated support team behind it.

Pros

Loved the ability to test it out, then convert it into my live online auction event. Easy setup with knowledgeable, responsive support when questions arose. Bidders can view items larger to see details and receive an email or text message if outbid.

Cons

I look forward to the new release coming soon. Hoping for more customization of fonts, colors and backgrounds. Also the ability to change the title of “Fund-a-Need and More” non-biddable items, easily reorder them, and see an improved user-friendly interface for checkout.

Reasons for Choosing BiddingOwl.com

BiddingOwl.com was chosen because an upfront subscription fee was not required and the service fee on winning bids charged at the end of the auction was lower than other companies. It allows us to maximize fundraising for our cause.

Caitlin from Parity Productions

Industry: Performing Arts

Parity Productions Review of Bidding Owl

Overall, our experience with BiddingOwl.com was positive and met our needs for this particular event.

Pros

We were able to customize the schedule & pricing of auction items to meet our specific needs. We had access to live customer service via email, phone and even got on a Zoom call for a walkthrough. We were able to direct people to the site easily via social media and our e-newsletter marketing. Set-up & management was relatively easy and we were able to track progress on items in real time and easily manage items.

Cons

That our users had to register separately for the site in order to bid.

Reasons for Choosing BiddingOwl.com

The layout, functionality, and customer service options for Bidding Owl were more in alignment with our needs than alternative products.

LORNA from Prevention Time

So glad we found Bidding Owl!

Although our organization supports work that involves over 250,000 kids in Africa, we have no paid employees (not an option to select at the beginning of this survey). So we wanted something that would be easy for multiple people to use. The reason we went with BO was because they actually had a phone number and somebody to talk to. They have EXCELLENT customer service, always getting back quickly, even providing an emergency after-hours number.

Pros

We tried an online auction for the first time, due to COVID closing down the school where we usually had our physical auction. This product was very user-friendly and intuitive. The tutorials were helpful as well. The item presentations looked very professional, with pictures and as much space as you needed for descriptions. I could even cut and paste pictures and descriptions from websites for items that could be found online. People said they found it easy to sign up. We ran the auction for a week and people enjoyed being able to bid from home. There are also options for "text me if I'm outbid" and putting in a maximum bid that you will automatically go up to. People found it fun to get those alerts! We had people participate who normally wouldn't have attended an auction in person.

Cons

The biggest issue was the inability to add a donation at checkout. BO says they are planning to add this feature in an upgrade next month. The other issue was multiple "you won an item" notifications at the end, and it wasn't very intuitive to see how to get to the payment page. I believe this is also going to be streamlined in the upcoming BO software update. Almost all of our people paid right away so we didn't have to chase down anybody for payment. We set up two options for pickup at a specified location - a weeknight and a Saturday.

Reasons for Choosing BiddingOwl.com

We looked at many online auction websites but BO was this was the only one with a phone number to ask questions. We were sort of afraid to try an online auction but BO put us at ease & showed us how simple it was.

Christine from Lake Country Unitarian Universalist Church

Absolutely amazing!!

My overall experience with the BiddingOwl program was fabulous. We have used a personally designed Excel program in the past to manage our silent auction, and it was very vulnerable. This program is pretty much foolproof and efficient. We were able to conduct our auction online in this time of COVID-19 without much work or worry at all.

Pros

I would be hard-pressed to say what I like "most" about this software, but I think the fact that I didn't have to enter a data base was huge.

Cons

The only thing I can think of that was a teeny bit annoying was that I could not enter "one item with multiple bidders." If I had a single item that was open to 20 bidders, the item is displayed 20 times on the website. So, bidders must scroll past all of these to get to the next item.

Reasons for Choosing BiddingOwl.com

We chose BiddingOwl because we are a small church without a budget for purchasing the expensive software of other companies. BiddingOwl's cut of 5% was acceptable.

Reasons for Switching to BiddingOwl.com

Excel was too vulnerable to human error.

Jill from Glendale-River Hills School District Foundation

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

No bells and whistles, but a quality vendor that will get the job done!

Pros

We like that our auction homepage is customizable, and that we can add "Fund-a-Need" items for a la carte purchase in addition to bidding on our live and silent auction items. We also appreciate that purchases can be made via PayPal or directly with a credit card. The site is user-friendly provides concise direction for setup. Every time I've called in for support, I've spoken with the same representative (Hi, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]), which has given me a nice sense of continuity through this endeavor. The fact that the pricing is the lowest in the industry is such a great bonus!

Cons

I experienced an issue with the payment integration with PayPal, that I wish Bidding Owl could have resolved on my behalf. Instead, I spent several hours, over the course of multiple days, working through it. After all was finished, I was pleased with the outcome, but it was definitely a flustering experience.

Reasons for Choosing BiddingOwl.com

The value and positive reviews online swayed our decision toward GiftSmart.

Brynn from PTO

Easy to Use Auction Website

We are very pleased with BiddingOwl.com because it permits us to hold an auction without organizing a live event. We've often debated whether or not our population of parents would be likely to attend a live function and how successful that would be, so the online-only auction is a great solution for us.

Pros

I've used BiddingOwl.com for two annual online auctions for my children's school, and am setting up our third auction now. I love how easy it is to use, and that I can also re-use last year's setup by requesting that the old bids be deleted. This saves a ton of time because a lot of our auction items are repeated. I also like the layout and appearance of the webpage for users. It is very simple for bidders to create their account and start bidding. The notifications sent to bidders when they are outbid is also helpful for promoting continued engagement with the online auction.

Cons

I do rather wish there was a way to sort my items a little more easily. They display according to item number, and I like to group all of the items from each grade together. I wind up shuffling the item numbers around quite a bit to get everything in the proper order. Also, it would be nice to be able to rename the portion of the URL after the slash...I didn't think about that when I used the whole name of our school, which is quite tedious to type and promote after "www.BiddingOwl.com/".

Barbara from Pura Syndrome Foundation

A Great Auction Management Option

We found that using Bidding Owl helped us to organize our auction items and gave us greater flexibility with making adjustments to pricing and bid increments than we had using manual bidding process. It saved hassle and frustration for both us and our bidders at the end of the night! It was exciting to track the progress of the bidding in real time and obtain data that can be used going forward. Overall, it was a positive experience and we look forward to using it again next year!

Pros

For a small organization, it was great to have an online auction management service option that had a simple, relatively low cost pricing structure in order to eliminate the risk associated with subscription fees or high up-front costs. The customer service was very responsive and quick, whether by email or by phone. Item entry and management was simple and generally intuitive. It was great to have the ability to enter default choices as a batch and to update them as needed individually or as a group. Also, it was helpful to have the ability to upload 3 pictures per item.

Cons

There were some features that are less intuitive, so perhaps a more robust help section to eliminate the need to contact Customer Service. However, as mentioned above, they are very responsive, but it would be nice to find more answers without that step. Although there is a nice printable instruction sheet for registering and bidding for users, I would find it helpful for future updates if there were more printable step-by-step instructions for volunteers (who may be less familiar with the software) to reference during bidding and check out. I was disappointed that there is not an automated way within the software to create display bid description sheets automatically. However, customer service recommended that we use the export items feature and perform a mail merge in Word, and that worked beautifully for our purposes.

Bidding Owl is a great, cost effective way to get your fundraising auction online.

I've been really pleased with the overall experience with Bidding Owl. I think its best feature is the customer service. They have helped me repeatedly, even when the problem is on my computer's end and not a site issue. I highly recommend Bidding Owl for a small to medium fundraising effort. Ours is a school parent club raising approximately $35k-$50k per year.

Pros

I find it really user friendly for the most part. I like the ability to include items that are in our silent and live auctions without being charged a % fee for them. Bidding Owl has really reasonable rates and amazing customer service. I love that we have our own auction site name that is easy for people to remember and to use in marketing materials. I would love to try mobile bidding, which I think is a great feature, but the location we've used for many years for our auction event has really poor internet.

Cons

There are certain features I wish would be implemented, such as the ability to rearrange images and the ability for bidders to right click on items to open them in new tabs. Other auction sites have this feature, and I wish BiddingOwl had it as well. I also really wish we could store people's credit card information to make checkout more streamlined at the end of the live/silent auction event. I wish there was more flexibility in editing our home page design.

Vanessa from Norwalk Arts Center

Industry: Performing Arts

Perfect platform for our virtual auction.

Overall, the experience was great. our organization is small and not terribly tech savvy, we were able to build our own site with little difficulty. When we did run into something confusing we were able to call customer service and get help. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was amazing customer support and walked us through and helped us clean up our page to look even more amazing.

Pros

Ease of building our personal site. Overall look of auction was pleasing to our bidders. Ability to print reports and import bidders from our other software. could custom set bidding times for items. Can do mass email/text to all bidders. Customer service team were very response and super helpful. No upfront cost and reasonable rate of 4.9% for non-profits after auction closes.

Cons

Integrate live feed, we had a live event on Facebook in addition to our online auction. Bidders had to go between the site and live online event.

price and reviews

Melissa from Oakland Elementary PTO

Bidding Owl is great for schools and non-profits

As a school group and non-profit we really needed a low cost auction solution. Not only was this low cost, but we increased our auction revenue so much over the standard paper and pen silent auction. Our parents and bidders loved it and loved being able to bid on their phones during the event. Just remember not to plan anything big at your event during the last 10 minutes of auction bidding, because everyone will be glued to their phones and having fun bidding. Proxy bid functionality is awesome, but lots of bidders still like to be in the moment and do it manually.

Pros

We liked that we could use it and test it out before buying. It is user friendly and we are able to quickly add new items to our auction. This is our second year using it and we really liked the option to carry over the listing from last year and edit, delete or add as needed. It saved a lot of time.

Cons

We wish the pictures on each listing could be larger or that the bidder could zoom in on them. I feel like all of our bidders can't see the amazing detail in our auction baskets. We also experienced a slight issue with bid increments and proxy bids. We set the bid increment on all of our auctions to $5, but the way proxy bids would outbid regular bids sometimes allowed a bid of $91 for example. It confused some of our bidders.

Julie from River Rock School

BiddingOwl has completely restructured our annual fundraising auction

After 10 years of doing the traditional live and silent auction, we decided to give the online auction option a try. After quite a bit of research, we chose BiddingOwl as our online software. We now make more than half of our total profit from the online part of our auction, and I am pushing to completely move to online only. BiddingOwl has made this shift incredibly easy and profitable. We are now able to reach a much wider audience. This is our fourth year using BiddingOwl and we will continue to do so!

Pros

Great customer support, especially for a "newbie" like me. The overall look is generally nice and clean. The bidding and check out process is fairly easy from the consumer end. I like that we can save items from year to year. Once you've set it up once, the work has decreased immensely over the years.

Cons

I'd like to have a little more choice in font, colors, etc during the set up. It would make sense to have the logo (and other info) for a donor come up when they are chosen as a donor for an item. It would be helpful to keep bidders in the database when the auction is reset.

Joel from CloudFactory

BiddingOwl Review

Lets you plan online auction with less hassle. Adding items for auctioning is simple and you can add them prior to the day of auctioning. It also reaches a wider audience in the most convenient way. Online auction is way simpler thanks to BidOwl and smart devices.

Pros

One of the best thing about online world is being able to reach many people, and working with this software just shows how sometimes you can limit yourself when you stick to traditional systems of handling business. The software lets you track the entire auction process in real time. You can tell how you're performing and track progress to identify trends. Reports on auction activities can also be saved for future references in case you want to know which direction is best for your next online auction. No one is good at everything and you have to learn and try new things. Great customer support makes it possible to wrap your head around the tool and be able to take off just in good time. It's also cost-effective, which lets you focus more on revenue maximization. Since you can reach a wider audience, good planning and execution can get you tremendous results It's very user-friendly. Adding items for auction on the tool is much simpler with templates. Also, you can add items prior to the big day so your bidders can get to know what's available.

Cons

Response from BiddingOwl.com

Replied November 2019

Thank you so much for your feedback! We wanted to make sure that you knew that there is an option to automatically print your bid sheets in a run through the Print section of your Auction Administrators page. If you ever need any assistance please feel free to give us a call!

CYNTHIA from ARTHRITIS PATIENT SERVICES, DBA ARTHRITIS SERVICES

An experience like NONE other with www.biddingowl.com

Our agency has experienced no problems with biddingowl.com. Everything about them is top-notch and professional. Each time I use the system for an annual auction fundraiser, I am more and more pleased with this software. There is no way we could spend the time 're-inventing the wheel' to have our on line auction. We are very pleased at Arthritis Patient Services in Charlotte, NC.

Pros

We have been long standing customers with bidding owl! The system is user friendly, and it works like a charm! I am so pleased when I email or call in to the bidding owl office that someone is always able to help me get through any issue. This service matters most to our non-profit. In all our years using the system, no one has ever complained about access and usage.

Cons

It is difficult to think of cons...but if there was one thing I would change it would be to allow for larger photographs! Sometimes I just want to almost 'shout' about an item and its' value for the bidder!

Maria from Elementary School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great for School Fundraiser!

Overall, our school makes quite a bit of money with our annual online auction. Customer service is prompt and extremely friendly, so for me, that outweighs the negatives. I'm happy to continue using this site!

Pros

I really like that we have an easy way for families to bid on items such as lunch with their teacher or front row seats to 6th grade graduation. I'm so thankful to have the option to sell tickets with no fee taken out or to offer items for bidding.

Cons

It would be nice if the 5% fee was reduced for non-profits, but I believe that's the lowest available, so we'll take it. I also would like the option to delete items from the bidding list rather than contacting customer support. I felt it was unclear that my payment information wasn't completely set up before my auction went live, but that was an easy fix.

Reasons for Choosing BiddingOwl.com

We chose BiddingOwl because it had the lowest fee associated with its use.

TYLER from Choices for Youth

Makes auctions so much easier

We've been able to (more easily) raise a lot more money through out online / fundraising auctions when using this software. We've also had comments from our supporters that it has made things easier on their end.

Pros

We don't do many auction based fundraisers throughout the year, but we still always dread them as they approach. That is, we did, before finding biddingowl.com. Gone are the nightmares of using a paper-based auction system that we spent oodles of time organizing, tracking, reconciling, etc. Bidding Owl makes it easier for us to organize, but also for our users to engage in the auction. With tools like the 'auto bid up to a certain amount', people are more willing to spend money, meaning we raise more.

Cons

It's not the most visually appealing software on the market. Granted, we haven't used other auction tools specifically, but the ui / visual design of the software just feels a bit dated. Like early 2000s look. Design trends across the industry have moved on, and there's little excuse these days for not having a service that is visually attractive for the users to engage with.

Response from BiddingOwl.com

Replied February 2020

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate your great comments and constructive feedback. We agree it is time for a refresh of the site. We are currently working on a refreshed look while keeping our user-friendly platform. We have listened to our auction chairpersons and bidders and will even be adding some additional enhancements! Thank you for letting us be part of your success!

Lisa from McKendree UMC Preschool

Best thing to come out of Covid restrictions

The biggest surprise was this was our most succesful auction ever with a record breaking amount grossed and netted. We will be using Bidding Owl in the future from here on out.

Pros

We were so upset that we could not do our annual preschool charity auction in person this year due to Covid and were hesitant to even try it online. Bidding Owl was easy to use and if we had a question, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] would personally answer the phone and help us.

Melanie from US Masters Swimming

Super easy and fun way to set-up an auction to fundraise for our non-profit

Bidding Owl made our online auction run smoothly. It was easy to set-up and manage plus our bidders had a positive experience as well. Would definitely use Bidding Owl again.

Pros

Easy step by step process to set-up an auction. Allowed for multiple pictures of the items. Easy to use and manage the auction. Easy to close out the items and locate shipping information for winning bidders. Connects with PayPal for easy and quick payment.

Cons

We had one bidder who backed out of the purchase and I couldn't locate a place on the bidding site to cancel his bid and select the next highest bidder. I had to call customer support and they handled it quickly.

Reasons for Choosing BiddingOwl.com

We couldn't upload multiple pictures of our auction items on the 32auctions site. Some of our items had several components so we needed to have more than one picture included. With Bidding Owl we could include multiple pictures of the items which I believe helped the items to sell better.

Cynthia from Computer Networking

Perfect for first time online auction for school fundraiser

Since i am typing this review before the auction ends, my overall experience is good. This is the first time our school moves from traditional paper silent auction to online bidding. We'll see how much this is better than the traditional way.

Pros

With the simple and easy-to-enter templates, i got a bunch of items online in no time. Customer support replied to email within a day. With the software, we can now let parents to see what items are on auction before the day of event.

Cons

it would be nice if they support more than 1 count of an item in an auction. i don't want to have 12 identical items on a page because we have received 12 of them. it would be better if we can limit the site to invitation only.

Tracy from Triple H Equitherapy Center

Great Customer Support

Customer service was THE BEST!!! No matter how many times I called with nit-picky questions, they were friendly and patient. They always had an answer when I screwed something up. I love that they can test the site to make sure everything works properly before going "live."

Pros

User friendly, and the fact that you had a live-body to talk to if you had questions. User defaults made the process fast.

Cons

Accommodating a Raffle (admission tickets) was a little tricky, but doable. Fund-A-Need was hard to find for bidders. I think we could've raised more money on Fund-A-Need had those items been more prominently displayed or found. I wrote instructions, but I have a new mantra: "Nobody reads, and nobody listens!" I'm going to put it on a T-shirt. Would like a "Bidding Owl" button to put on our website vs. the link. Just a little more fun.

Reasons for Choosing BiddingOwl.com

Access to a telephone number and price.

Kim from Crestwood Middle School

Every Non-Profit Needs This

This is absolutely wonderful. The layout is so easy on the eyes. Other online auction sites lay out the items in a way that is messy or confusing. This is clean and clear and attractive. Technology is not a strong suit for me, I have had to call the help desk 3 times in the last 18 months. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is wonderful. She picks up the phone right away. She is patient and knowledgeable and kind. At first I was hesitant to use a site that charges a fee. But, I soon realized that the nominal fee is worth it.

Pros

This is so user friendly. I also love that I can reach wider audiences with an online auction than a regular silent auction as I've used in the past.

Cons

I guess I wish that the registration process for bidders was a tiny bit easier. I worry that some people hesitate to register.

Robert from Mt. Pleasant Rotary Club

Another Successful Auction

It was a great experience and i found the support to be very helpful. I sometimes felt bad having to call them about something I probably should know, but they were patient and helpful.

Pros

Bidding Owl is user friendly even for someone who is not techy. As we continue to use it we find even more features that have helped us with our Auction.

Cons

At first i was afraid to click on some of the menu buttons for fear of what might happen. I soon learned however that they have safeguards to prevent you from having to proceed in something you are not sure of.

Connie from North Creek PTO

Bidding Owl helped us make our Silent Auction the most successful ever!

Our auction raised 50% more than last year, thanks to Bidding Owl. This whole process made the day of our event so much more manageable, streamlined and FUN! Can’t wait to use Bidding Owl again next year!!

Pros

The software was very user-friendly and the Help options and videos were extremely helpful! If I couldn't find an answer, Customer support were a quick email/phone call away...and they were quick to respond! It was also a breeze for our bidders to navigate as well.

Cons

I suppose there were a couple times we weren't able to manipulate the grids the way we wanted to, but that's likely because none of us were too computer savvy. Having said that, it was surprisingly easy for us computer novices to get the information we needed. Again, Customer support clarified pretty much everything for us!

Kathi from HALO Havanese Rescue

Fantastic site and great customer service!

We have used this for our yearly on line auction for 4 years with great results. It is our biggest fund raiser of the year. It is a way to raise money that is successful for our rescue and people have a lot of fun using Bidding Owl. They have told us they look forward to this auction every year.

Pros

Cons

In all honesty I can't say that there is anything that we have not been pleased with while using this service.

Valentine from St Francis of Assisi P&F

Out Not-For-Profit Business experience of Bidding Owl

It was great. We initially thought the SMS alerts were not working but in fact they were and worked fantastic! Having a different pricing structure for NFP (Not For Profit) organisations would definitely get more customers their way.

Pros

We liked how easy it was to enter the the Bidding Item, the Donor and the bidding specifics, such as Market Value, Start and Bidding increments. We also like the ease of updating these details. The Multiple edit options to change from Silent to Online auction was really great as it saved as individually going thorough each item and manually changing it!

Cons

Not many, except we are based in Australia, and even thought the Bidding End Date and time was shown, the countdown clock was showing what I'm guessing was Michigan Time zone. Although this could have been our fault for not configuring it properly. I'm sure there is an easy fix for it, otherwise we couldn't find any faults with it.

Reasons for Choosing BiddingOwl.com

Being web based and the end user not having to install yet another App onto their phone, the cost for running it and most important for us, we required SMS alerts as opposed to email or via an App alerts.

Kerensa from Marquette Catholic School

Outstanding customer service and great product

We are using Bidding Owl for our annual fundraiser. This is our 2nd year. Even easier then last year was with them. Very happy! Anytime I have a question I can easily reach them via email or phone. They are easy to talk to and truly seem to care about your business.

Reasons for Switching to BiddingOwl.com

We were receiving terrible service from Bidding for Good and paying a hefty price for it.

Patricia from Big Water Pikes

Industry: Sporting Goods

Not Just for Non-profits

Really top-notch. I feel like they care about our business and want us to succeed.

Pros

I was able to roll out a professional auction platform in just 3 weeks. This was a result of the well-organized tutorials and BiddingOwl's absolutely outstanding and consistent customer support. Our bidders tell us how easy it is to search product, bid and pay. We are a small, for-profit company and we are able to configure the software parameters to adequately meet our needs. Our experience with BiddingOwl has given us the confidence to strongly pursue this new (for us) sales channel.

Cons

The tutorials could be much better. I found the answers to questions to be "bare bones" and I often had to query support to get the rest of the answers I was seeking. In addition, I would love to see bidding on all of our auction items (usually 6 per auction) on one page, real time; currently, we have to jump from page to page. And, for some reason, we must update our credit card before each auction (two per month) even though it does not change and the expiration date is far in the future. Scratching my head.

Reasons for Choosing BiddingOwl.com

Could get rolled out faster.

Jennifer from American Express

Bidding Owl a great product!

I used this software for our elementary school online auction. It was great to use for bidders, visually really bright and pretty! The cost was wonderful too for what you receive! Im a huge fan!

Pros

I loved the ease of use for this product. Set up was extremely easy, support was quick very responsive and helpful! The product has reports you can run and emails you can send to bidders and winners. Easy to download to excel as well. I also loved that it works on your mobile as well for easy access. Great for the price.

Cons

Only con would be if it would ask users for their childs name as well so it would appear on the invoices since im using this for school.

Melissa from McCleskey Foundation

Outstanding Customer Service

We are new to using an online system for our auction, and I have been very pleased with BiddingOwl.com. From my initial questions before we decided to use their platform for our auction, throughout the entire set-up process, their customer service has been top notch. Very responsive and informative.

Pros

I love the ease of setting up individual auction items. The item management system is very easy to use, which makes my job so much easier!

Cons

I wish that there was an online app for biddingowl, that was optimized for smart phones.

Reasons for Choosing BiddingOwl.com

We ultimately chose BiddingOwl.com because the service fee charged at the auction end was smaller than other companies. We have been pleased with all aspects of this platform.

Marina from Pacific Whale Foundation

Basic and Useful Fundraising Platform

Customer service responses are timely and helpful. I would love to see an updated look for auction pages and more customization options.

Pros

User friendly platform to raise funds for our non profit organization.

Cons

Payment integration, there is always the concern that a bidder can commit to purchasing an item but not follow through with payment as it is collected through another platform

Sarah from Friends Of Main Street

Great For Elementary School Auction

This is our school's third year using BiddingOwl.com to run our online auction and to sell our auction tickets. It works perfectly for our needs and charges a very fair price. The customer support is great.

Pros

I love that there is no subscription fee. The costumer support is great and I love that you can "reset" your auction if most items stay the same from year to year, rather than having to re-enter all items every year.

Cons

The close out process took me a little bit to figure out (although I am not super tech savvy).

Julie from St Luke the Evangelist Parish, Newton/Plaistow, NH

From Zero to Hero

The overall experience has been awesome. BiddingOwl was completely intuitive.

Pros

What I like best about BiddingOwl is that our annual Christmas Fair was not going to be a total bust this because of COVID-19 and now, just 2 days after going LIVE with our online auction, we've already raised over $4200, and we have 25 days before the auction closes! Our Christmas Fair may just end up being the best we've ever had!!

Cons

That it's not easy to rearrange Sponsors into a different order after they've been input. I wish there was a 'drag to rearrange' option.

Christa from Meadowbrook Elementary PTO

Overall, a great value with lots to offer.

Economical way to provide online fundraising services.

Pros

A lot of tools to use for fundraising I like that you can preset auction preferences so you do not need to enter the same info for all items Customer Support was very quick with all inquiries!

Cons

Item management was tedious. The full list of items was difficult to sort in any way. Once sorted, as soon as you update another item, it defaults back to how it was originally sorted. I had to keep resorting my item list to find the items I needed to update. I would have like the ability to print bid sheets for online auction, as ours started as an online auction and finishes at an event, as an online auction. Providing QR codes to each item is a miss. We had to manually do this for our event, where other services provide it. If web addresses and logos are provided in donor section, that should pull through to item section when you tie it to a donor. Instead, we had to re-enter all logos and websites on items.

Laura from Wilson Hill PTO

Highly Recommend Bidding Owl

Our overall experience with Bidding Owl was fantastic! The customer service they offer is truly top-notch. They are polite, helpful and quick to respond. We look forward to utilizing this software again in the future.

Pros

Bidding Owl is incredibly user-friendly and offers a variety of options to customize the type of auction you are trying to build. I love how quickly we can add items, track bids and adjust features as needed.

Cons

We had a lot of donors, and the scrolling banner only offers a single-line scroll. 2 or 3 scroll lines to maximize the donor view would be a great addition.

Kyle from Grand Traverse Democrats

Industry: Political Organization

Brilliant Concept and Excellent for Fundraising

In a difficult year when so much came to a halt it was a relief to find the Bidding Owl. It allowed my community to pull together and move forward!

Pros

This was my first experience constructing an online auction and this software. Setting the auction up was easy with the help of the Auction Wizard which guided me step by step. Whenever I was confused or concerned about a feature, I received timely and clear information from the support team. They were there to help me run a successful online fundraiser! Bidding was easy, fun and the proxy bidding was fantastic!

Cons

I discovered many more features than I thought were available by just clicking on a random area of the Item or Bidder Management page. I would have liked to have learned about all those great additional features in a tutorial. Sometimes it was not obvious to a new (non-computer savvy) bidder exactly how to get registered.

Dayshel from Christa McAuliffe Charter School

Great tool for auctions!

Pros

The software has comparable tools to those that charge large membership fees. This is the perfect tool for organizations that want to streamline bidding.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about this program.

Maritta M. from Indian Ridge Elementary PTO

GREAT PRODUCT FOR NON-PROFITS

We are a small K-5 elementary school and Bidding Owl has allowed us to keep providing a fun community event (our online auction) without a significant profit reduction.

Pros

It is pretty intuitive and not hard to navigate for first-time users.

Cons

There isn't a way to upload a spreadsheet for the auction items, so there's lots of key strokes necessary for each item. The Item Management portion is the most cumbersome of the entire site.

Empresa from Empresa Performing Arts Foundation

Industry: Music

Great friend of the nonprofit

Pros

I like the ease of usr and abilty to reuse information. Time is so important when you are a small operation.

Cons

I wish I could reset the auction mysrlf but the customer service is prompt and very helpful.

Annie from Veterinary

Industry: Veterinary

Easy online auction option!

Pros

The ease of use in creating items, uploading pictures and seeing bidding statistics.

Cons

It would be nice to have an option to save the previous auction when starting a new one. I was able to export excel files with item and winner information though. It's also very simple to email customer support and they reset my auction to start a new one within 15 minutes!!

Dylan from paws4people and paws4vets

AMAZING ONLINE AUCTION SITE

Pros

Bidding Owl was so incredibly easy to use! Its a great site to manage auction items, bidders, donors, sponsors and more for an amazing price. Bidding Owl's customer service was top notch! They were always there to answer questions and help us. Whether you are an online expert or novice, first time fundraiser or a professional fundraiser, you will love this site and software.

Cons

Nothing. The software was so easy to use and manage.

Lonnie from Florence Kiwanis Club

Kudos to support staff

While at first we were unsure that an auction site was for us the ease of setting up our auction and the apparent ease of bidders to set them selves up we are on track to meet our goals for the auction. The support staff are FANTASTIC. Product is a definite 10

Pros

Never used a site like this before but was able to set up our auction and add items with ease

Cons

Haven’t discovered any part of site I dislike

Reasons for Choosing BiddingOwl.com

After looking at a few tutorials and showing site to our small committee all felt it was worth a try

Heather from Gloucester Catholic Junior Senior High School

Great customer support!

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have been so helpful with the many questions I had before and during the auction. This was a last-minute decision to do an online auction when our event was canceled back in April. We were so glad to raise some money for our school.

Pros

The software was user-friendly; very basic.

Cons

I wish there was a Venmo option for payments in addition to PayPal.

Reasons for Choosing BiddingOwl.com

I reached out to a local church that was using Bidding Owl and they had a pleasant experience so we decided to give it a try.

Eric from Open Space Council of St. Louis

Great support

Pros

I loved that the customer support was friendly and helpful! Also, the online layout of the auction was clear and simple.

Cons

We would love to have some video resources on how to make an account and how to bid so we could share those with our supporters who are new to using the site but want to participate in the auction.

Katherine from Eno River Academy

Industry: Music

Great Customer Service! Great Value!

Fabulous return for investment! Would recommend and use again. Great value!

Pros

This online bidding software is very easy to use and set up. Photos are easy to load and it's easy for Bidders to register and customizable for notifications. Great value!

Cons

Not quite as many features as some other auction software companies, service went down twice during event, but we are using again. Great technical service, and all worked out well in the end.

Cost

Cost/value.

Alayna from Hope Harbor, Inc.

Industry: Public Safety

User and NonProfit Friendly!

Super happy with Bidding Owl and will use them again in the future for online auctions! Highly recommended! Good price of 5% for nonprofits too!

Pros

Bidding Owl was easy to understand and use. As a first time user of an online auction site (and first time for the nonprofit), Bidding Owl was my first choice and we are so happy with the outcome! The ease of uploading information and pictures of your auction items and the invoices with totals made our auction successful and organized. Customer service was also super helpful in answering questions and getting back to me quickly!

Cons

The only critique I have is the shipping costs. I expected it to be optional for the bidders/winners and unfortunately they were charged for shipping regardless if they picked up their items. Waiting to hear back from customer service about this one!

Melissa from High Tech High Foundations

Perfect fit for annual non-profit

I'm using the site for my second auction...love it!

Pros

Easy to set up and easy for bidders to participate. Customer service gets back to you quickly!

Cons

Some participants still like the old fashion, silent auction sheets (which are provided), but using them makes things less convenient.