• Pros

• "It's fairly easy to use overall. We used this for one large event and it saved so much time doing some things on here that we would have otherwise done manually! "

• "Easy to use & pull tons of reports with useful data. Customer service is very, very helpful & easily accessible. Easy for guests to purchase through the site & track all info. "

• "Great support in so many areas! From the many different options to fundraise online to the webinars to the personal support...it's always there for us when we have questions."

• Cons

• "I liked the ease of use but found that there was a lot of information on the main screen that made it feel overwhelming."

• "It reloads often when searching, which is frustrating in a pinch. If you are patient, it will load properly."

• "The import tools are very handy but they do not yet contain full functionality. A second import of updated supporters actually creates a second entry rather than an update to an existing entry."

Browse OneCause Reviews

Christal from Westminster Schools of Augusta

Great Auction Softward

They are great with online auctions, they help give you insight and ideas to help you reach your goal

Pros

Customer service is great and friendly. They are knowledgeable and help you succeed. Quick responses anytime I had a question.

Cons

I wish they had a built in duplicate checker for donors who register twice. You have to run a report that shows you duplicates but it would be nice to check for duplicates without running a report.

price of product

Reasons for Switching to OneCause

More control over the auction site and price of product

Response from OneCause (formerly BidPal)

Replied July 2020

Christal, Thank you so much for taking the time to share a review for us! We are grateful to be able to help support #FearlessFundraisers like you advance your cause. Fundraise on!

Laurna from Western Kentucky Botanical garden

Industry: Farming

Best Bang for Your Buck

I could be a sales rep for One Cause because I love it that much! I have influenced 3 other non-profits within my community to purchase the software. I also helped in getting them going with their setup.

Pros

After participating in the One Cause University, I felt very accomplished and capable. What I love the most, is the seemingly endless supply of functionality! The reports are amazing and easy to access. The ease of designing your event page is wonderful. Even the smallest of events appear grand when One Cause is the incorporated. I have recommended the software to 3 local nonprofits and even assisted them in getting started on the setup.

Cons

One small enhancement- I would request that within one event have the capability to divert funds into separate banking accounts. Example- Fixed price items be processed in one account, silent/ live auction proceeds in a different account. I have not used the software for an in person event, so can't speak to it's ticketing abilities.

Reasons for Choosing OneCause

You have to tell buyers to do the math- most other non profit software take a percentage of the proceeds of your auction/ fixed price items for your event. If your proceeds are small, then go with the "free" or reduced software. Our event was set to have a larger amount in proceeds. It was a huge benefit for us to pay more up front, as a fixed price purchase for this amazing, highly functioning software. Ticket sales are about the same everywhere you turn- I did not find any option that avoided ticketing fees.

Response from OneCause (formerly BidPal)

Replied April 2021

We appreciate this review and your partnership, Laurna! Thank you for spreading the word to help support others' causes, as well!

OneCause for peer-to-peer fundraising

We use OneCause to support our peer-to-peer fundraising campaign.

Pros

OneCause is easy to set up, and easy to understand. Configuration is straightforward and can be done by someone with minimal tech skills.

Cons

Using OneCause - as an administrator or end user - is unintuitive. The design is poor and users receive unintelligible error messages. It really doesn't inspire confidence in the platform, which is pretty bad when you're trying to convince people to share their fundraising pages with others.

Reasons for Switching to OneCause

OneCause offers an integration with Salesforce, which was necessary for us at the time we switched.

Response from OneCause (formerly BidPal)

Replied April 2021

We love hearing we could help support your peer-to-peer fundraising. We're constantly adding enhancements to create the best user experience possible - thank you for your input!

Mikayla from Blank Park Zoo

Industry: Fund-Raising

Absolutely seamless software and such a game changer for our non-profit!

I cannot fathom maneuvering the pandemic as a non-profit without the use of OneCause, much less any other year. We incorporated it into every single virtual event and in-person event and were able to stay financially stable thanks to its use. We actually surpassed our budgeting goals for the year and had the most successful mobile bidding gala silent auction in the Zoos history. We look forward to using OneCause for many years to come!

Pros

OneCause, including their mobile bidding, peer-to-peer and online giving platforms, has absolutely set the standard for fundraising software for the best price. The software has been invaluable to our non-profit, paying for itself after a single event. Our team seamlessly incorporated each platform into our in-person and virtual events with ease. The mobile bidding software is not only a breeze for administrators to create and manage from the back end, but we have received countless compliments from users/guests as to its ease of use. Even older audiences were able to easily navigate the auction, donate and even set bots/watch different packages. The peer-to-peer platform was unreal. Not only does it have the best aesthetics and options for design, it's seamless in its reporting and analytics. Our peer-to-peer Walk was praised for being a interactive, exciting way to build networks and fundraise for the Zoo for an extended period of time. We cannot stress the effectiveness of this software enough!

Cons

There is truly so little that we dislike about OneCause. Our customer support contacts were so easy to reach, communicate with and work through any dilemma with. Our only "wish list" item for OneCause's mobile bidding software is simply to be able to categorize fixed price packages. That's all we can think of to improve the platform, which speaks strides of its excellence.

Reasons for Choosing OneCause

OneCause has superior aesthetics and their staff were significantly better to work with. We had an unprofessional interaction with Classy staff that put a bad taste in our mouth.

Reasons for Switching to OneCause

OneCause is more affordable and offers a better experience for the administrators on the back end and guests/users. Reports/CSV files also seamlessly download and upload into our donor database, DonorPerfect.

Response from OneCause (formerly BidPal)

Replied April 2021

What a helpful review, Mikayla! Thank you so much for your kind words and for your partnership. Fundraise on!

Hyla from Marco Island Center for the Arts

Industry: Fine Art

Good Product, Good Service, Relative Ease of Use

We were grateful to have a OneCause staff member at our Gala and she was excellent. However we have now learned to run the software ourselves with success. Customer service was good but it is not helpful to be directed to a website or genreal anwers to questions when you are seeking a specific answer. WE still can't figure out what some monthly charge is for. Overall expereince was good.

Pros

While we still can't get our people to give up paper bidding, we are very pleased with the ability to set up the auction page and share it it with event attendees and others. We have been successful using a buy now option and selling items before the event.

Cons

There needs to be a better way to cusomize bid sheets. There also needs to be a more intuitive, easy way to get people to preregister --- like a big button that says PRE-REGISTER. A small sign in button on the top right had corner of the auction page was hard for our people. Also a one step process to pre-regestier and put in a credit card (as opposed to a two step process) would be great.

Reasons for Choosing OneCause

Onsite support, reasonable price, good initial sales contact, reputation and references.

Reasons for Switching to OneCause

They were unable to provide onsite support for our live gala event in 2021.

Response from OneCause (formerly BidPal)

Replied April 2021

Thanks for this helpful input, Hyla! We love being able to support your events and help you raise more for your cause!

Erin from Caring for Kids

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Worked for us

Overall this worked great for our annual fundraiser. We are looking forward to using it again for next year's fundraiser in a (hopefully) hybrid in person and online event!

Pros

Cons

While some features are user friendly, the design component of the event isn't as easy. It's actually kind of of a pain to upload pictures and format your actual site. I would have expected it to be easier based on the webinars I'd attended and conversations with the host.

Reasons for Choosing OneCause

It had all the features we needed and the initial guy that I talked to had a great presentation and was awesome. He was what really sold it to me. Cost was not more than any other program but this had everything we wanted. I had used it before as a user at another event and really liked it on that side as well.

Response from OneCause (formerly BidPal)

Replied April 2021

Love supporting your successful online fundraiser, Erin! Can't wait to go hybrid together in the future!

Jessica from My Very Own Blanket

various support

Great! From the start of the sales person to diving in and creating our campaigns, OneCause was right there to answer our questions when they came up.

Pros

Cons

The a la cart. For the money, I would like to have all the options and not have to pay more for extras.

Reasons for Choosing OneCause

Another trusted non-profit recommended it.

Reasons for Switching to OneCause

FlipCause was not able to make a key change within the fundraising product.

Response from OneCause (formerly BidPal)

Replied April 2021

So glad you're able to use all of our resources to support your fundraising, Jessica! We're thankful for your partnership.

Joshua from Sunrise Day Camp Associations

OnceCause Rocks - from Sunrise

We love OneCause. Our whole team is very happy with all aspects of the software.

Pros

Back end controls, auction simplicity, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (our event manager is the bomb)

Cons

Sponsor logo upload not efficient, lack of customization options for homepage and other pages

Reasons for Switching to OneCause

We were not happy with their product and customer service.

Response from OneCause (formerly BidPal)

Replied November 2020

Joshua, Thanks for the review :) We're sure you'll like our recent upgrades to photos and we continue to use helpful input like yours to improve our solutions. We're happy to have you in our group of #FearlessFundraisers

Emily from WNIN Tri-State Public Media

Events USe

Great! I plan to continue using for future events, even once the pandemic has eased up to allow in person events again.

Pros

Setting up the Giving Center is easy to navigate. When needing help, the customer service representatives were always helpful.

Cons

I wish there was more flexibility within the scoreboards.

Reasons for Choosing OneCause

OneCause had an easier platform and less charges on individual purchases.

Response from OneCause (formerly BidPal)

Replied April 2021

Thrilled to be able to continue fundraising with you both virtually and in-person, Emily! Thanks for your review.

Janet from American Horticultural Society

So much easier!

Great

Pros

The reporting in OneCause is phenaominal!

Cons

The processing fees are high but not higher than anyone else.

Reasons for Switching to OneCause

Auction Maestro claimed to integrate with our database but it very much did not.

Response from OneCause (formerly BidPal)

Replied April 2021

Thanks, Janet! Glad we can partner with you to help make your fundraising experience so much easier!

LISA from The Junior League of Austin

We're happy OneCause users

Overall, we're very happy with OneCause. It's got the features we want, it's reliable, and customer service is second to none.

Pros

This year, I'd say what I like most is that it allows us to hold silent auctions despite COVID but in general the software works like it's supposed to and offers all the features we want. Additionally, I can't say enough about their customer support -- they are knowledgeable, prompt, and cheerful while they help you. This replaced some older auction software that didn't allow for mobile bidding. For the most part our guests love the mobile bidding. It's fun and keeps everyone interested until the last minute of the auction.

Cons

The cost makes us stop and consider alternative products every once in a while. Also, there are MANY reports to choose from, which is great, but I spend a lot of time finding the one I want. It'd be nice if they were organized differently.

Response from OneCause (formerly BidPal)

Replied December 2020

Thanks for this helpful review, Lisa! We're so glad we could help support your mission in this unprecedented year. Keep on fundraising!

Caleb from Ovilla Christian School

An Honest Review from a First Year Advancement Coordinator

As a first year Advancement Coordinator at a private school, I was given the task to produce a live and silent auction to raise funds for my campus. I was told to check out BidPal and I'm glad that I did. The software system was relatively user-friendly with many helpful features. These features were readily available on each category page on my BidPal account. Also, the call help desk feature was great too. Creating our BidPal giving center, which is your school's own website, was easy and important to our event. I could post all the auction items and share the link on Facebook, Twitter, email, and our school website. Using the mobile app for the night of the auction was amazing. Our guests had only the best compliments on how easy it was to bid on each item we had available. One of the only complaints that I have about one of the features was the scoreboard feature. The scoreboard is a slide show feature that displays the running numbers of the auction, currently raised funds for the silent auction, and donations. I wish there was a better way to control the scoreboard feature to better display the live auction items in the order we would want it to be displayed. Outside of that, it was a great feature. Overall, BidPal saved us many long hours by using its software features for our live and silent auction. During the night of our event, our guests were having so much fun with the mobile app that they began to give more than what was expected. At the end of the night, we raised close to double the amount we were expecting. BidPal is worth the investment because it has proven to me that it will save you time and increase your revenue for your event. I would highly recommend BidPal to Advancement Coordinators, PFT presidents, administrators, or anyone that has to produce a school auction. You won't regret it.

Response from BidPal

Replied January 2017

Caleb, Thank you for your review! Your feedback on our scoreboards has been forwarded to our Product Development Team, who is always looking for ways to further enhance our software. We appreciate your comment, value our partnership with your team and encourage you to continue sharing your thoughtful suggestions via our Idea Exchange at bidpal.com/share-an-idea. Congrats on a successful event! Best, Joshua Meyer Marketing Director

Mary from ST AGNES SCHOOL

OneCause for Benefits

OneCause has been great to work with. Customer service is outstanding. The platform was resonably priced and relieved some of the work that goes into the auction. Onecause also allowed us to seamlessly move to a virtual auction this year.

Pros

We started using OneCause for our annual benefit auction February 2021. So glad we did! our 2021 benefit had to be virtual and our guests were already familiar with the program. Very intuitive but what I liked most is the plethora of tutorials and articles that I turn to quiet often to help me set up and use the site from the administrator side. Were also able to use it for a mainly contactless golf tournament in the summer of 2020 as well. Reporting after the event is robust and very helpful and customer service is fantastic!

Cons

I loved that the live chat help that was available last year. This year, you have to send an email and wait for a response. Also, I would like to be able to customize some of the reports so I can pull out just what I am looking for. Thirdly, if you require an email for a user to bid on items, there should be a default or override you can use for guests who don't have email. Not many don't but there were a couple.

Pricing

Response from OneCause (formerly BidPal)

Replied April 2021

What a helpful review, Mary! So thankful we can partner with you to support your virtual fundraising!

Marianne from The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society

Industry: Fund-Raising

We use OneCause for our silent auctions and each one has been a success due to OneCause!

We get benefits from OneCause of making our silent auctions more accessible and look great!

Pros

I love the customization and features of OneCause that make each event feel personalized. We love being able to add our auction sponsor logo on the Giving Center along with pictures for the event and change colors on the site itself. When entering itmes/packages the features make it easy to enter and package together.

Cons

You can't have multiple events open in a window at the same time. If you are reusing descriptions/features/wording from one event to another event it's hard. We have multiple auctions and like to keep wording consistent for check out/text messages/ specific recurring items.

Penne from Denver Police Activies League

Unbelievable support - like having three more employees pitching in.

The time saved with the OneCause product is really like having extra employees/volunteers. Can't imagine doing it without them.

Pros

The software did everything we needed it to and more - from selling tickets and foursomes to silent auction and day-of fixed price items...simple to implement and a nice customer facing mobile app. But what really makes the product different is the incredible support you get from their team. Regular check-in's and calls - by the time our event rolled around, they knew more about it than I did. Although it was my first year running the multi-day events, I felt extremely comfortable and confident due to the support I received from OneCause.

Cons

I have only one complaint, and that is that there's not great-looking templates for the landing pages, and when we built our own, it was kind of a process in that it has to be stored on a website rather than uploading to OneCause. I believe they're working on improving that.

Laura from Zoological Society

Industry: Fund-Raising

Simplify your fund raising with OneCause!

I have been very pleased with OneCause and have been a loyal customer for 8 years. OneCause is innovative and on trend with offering products and services that help people like me that raise money for a non-profit. Their staff is always willing to jump in and help every step of the way.

Pros

OneCause is dedicated to their customers, their platforms are designed to simplify their fund raising needs. We have used mobile bidding for many years and it is super user friendly to set-up and for guests to use on event day. In recent years we have used OneCause for guest registration too. Donation appeals are implemented with ease using OneCause and the appeals have now become a major source of revenue at our events.

Cons

OneCause integrates with many CRM systems but unfortunately not ours, Tessitura. This is not their fault it is something we need to figure out on our end.

Response from OneCause (formerly BidPal)

Replied November 2020

Laura, Thank you for allowing us to help support your mission for 8 years! We appreciate your note. Keep on fundraising!

Patricia from Beaufort Historical Association

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Customer Service at it's Best

The best asset that OneCause has is the people that work there. Every question is quickly answered, and the phone support staff seems genuinely excited about helping. For "in person" events, the support staff is invaluable. Even with virtual events, our normal person was just a phone call away as the auction was ending

Pros

The product is easy to use. It shows the items and packages very well online. The bidding features are excellent, and help encourage donors to bid. It can be updated and changed rapidly. The custom features really help donors focus on the needs and the stories of the organization, and add to their desire to bid on tiems.

Cons

There aren't any cons for us right now in the way we use the program.

Reasons for Switching to OneCause

I can't remember the name, but there sales department did a GREAT job of selling the product, but it was not nearly as appealing once the items were online, and their support staff was horrible. I wish I could remember there name, but it was 4 years ago.

March 2016

Tammy from BidPal

March 2016

I've used it for 5 years now and appreciate the many facets of the software, esp. the reports.

While I appreciate BidPal very much and see how it's benefited our organization through the years, I still think the cost is much too high considering the high cost of the add-ons. The auction listings are still far too limiting. I've submitted various ideas through the years, but none have been brought to fruition. There should be the ability to be able to modify the appearance of the font, so that certain words stand out to the bidder. Bold, underline, italics are basic things that should easily be able to be accommodated, not to mention color. When many events are held in the evening when cocktails are being served, the improvement of the fonts would help to alleviate many words in a description (that our PRIZE DONORS want to see) running together and not being fully comprehended. The second thing that needs some upgrading is the auction portal that the bidders see. While it is easy to add a banner and colors to spruce things up, it is too wordy and there are too many choices which can be confusing for first time bidders. I think that it inhibits pre-bidding for that reason and guests have to wait to get to the event to feel comfortable in being trained. The pros are equal in that the reporting capability and payment/supporters area is very helpful and well laid out. Of immense value!

Response from BidPal

Replied April 2016

Tammy, we appreciate the feedback! BidPal is proud to offer several Mobile Bidding and Fundraising Software packages at varying price points to meet the budget of any nonprofit. Our Full Service Mobile Bidding pricing options are among the industry's lowest. Your additional feedback has been forwarded along to our development team who is always looking for ways to further enhance our product. We encourage you to continue sharing your thoughtful suggestions via our idea exchange at bidpal.com/share-an-idea/ Best, Joshua Meyer Marketing Director

Good Option for Mobile Bidding

It was a good initial foray into mobile bidding for the silent auction at our fundraiser, but we did not use them again the next year. We found another option that was more user friendly and was able to avoid the glitches that we had experienced with BidPal. I will say again - their customer service was excellent and I have not used them since they became OneCause.

Pros

The move to mobile bidding was a big deal for our annual fundraising event. BidPal (now OneCause) fit the bill at the time. The rep was fantastic and the customer services is excellent. The app was not hard to use, but has its drawbacks. I used this in late 2017, so things may have changed or improved since then. Our guests did like the change to mobile bidding even with the hiccups.

Cons

We ran into some glitches at the event. Live auction items appeared in the app for bidding when they were supposed to remain separate. This issue was fixed quickly. If a winning bidder changed their mind, the item automatically reverted to the next highest bidder and charged their card. Caused me a few problems after the event, but their customer service was excellent and helped me through the issues.

Jeremy from Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health

Industry: Mental Health Care

Useful software, missing some helpful features.

Silent auctions are much easier to run with this program than to run without. Items are easy to put in and bidders can see items and packages in a user friendly way.

Pros

This software is helpful for events. Having all of our information about the event, as well as a place to purchase sponsorship, tickets or to bid on items is great. This platform allows everything to be in one place and is appealing and ease to use on the front end for donors and participants.

Cons

There are some features lacking that make larger events very time consuming. Table number and bidder number assignments take time as the program always seeks to assign bid numbers alphabetically instead of by table number. There is also some issues with linking images to the main website, it does not allow you to just upload the picture but rather you have to link it from a URL.

Deborah from The Bethlehem Center

One Cause has simplified our fundraising efforts...

Very positive experience with One Cause and we are pleased with its performance

Pros

Simplicity of use and customer service was a huge sale for us

Cons

Additional cost for extra platforms- wish it was one fee for all services

Reasons for Choosing OneCause

The customer service and account manager helped us make our decision. Sales was not pushy.

Response from OneCause (formerly BidPal)

Replied November 2020

Deborah, Thanks for the feedback! We love hearing our platform is easy to use and we're grateful you're a part of our group of #FearlessFundraisers!

Irma from Vinceremos Therapeutic Riding Center, Inc.

Annual Auction and Other Fund Raising Events

Customer service is great and for the most part, there is usually a workaround for some things as they are encountered.

Pros

This product is easy to use and their customer service team is great. Over the years we have seen improvements made to the software to enhance its features some even based on our recommendations. The digital platform is great!

Cons

Not being able to change certain things after they have been imputed.

Reasons for Choosing OneCause

Customer service by far has beat all others, ease of use, and account executives that are present during our annual main event help alleviate the stress.

Reasons for Switching to OneCause

The other program was very complicated, didn't provide the reports we needed, and wasn't very user-friendly. Customer service wasn't the greatest and it was very expensive.

Response from OneCause (formerly BidPal)

Replied April 2021

We're so glad you notice our enhancements as we make them, Irma :) Thankful for your continued partnership over the years!

Ashley from Make-A-Wish Michigan

OneCause has incredible customer service!

The customer service from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] made all the difference for me. If I didn't receive the stellar service from her, I would've been quite frustrated! She really helped me navigate the program and now I feel like a pro!

Pros

The reporting is awesome and once built, the website looks great. It does take a lot to learn how to create the site, BUT [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was absolutely incredible and had stellar customer service.

Cons

I had difficulty with uploading pictures and files. I needed to have our graphic designer upload them for me.

Response from OneCause (formerly BidPal)

Replied December 2020

Glad to hear you're navigating like a pro, Ashley :) Appreciate your time and helpful review! Keep on Fundraising!

Courtney from Humane Society of the Treasure Coast

Paws & Claws Gala Review

We've used BidPal for several years to maximize our fundraising dollars at our annual Paws & Claws Gala to benefit the Humane Society of the Treasure Coast. BidPal is a great tool! Every year, we see an increase in donations, as well as improvements in the technology. This year, we had bidders from out of state that haven't ever even stepped foot in our organization support us, thanks to BidPal's ability to reach donors far and wide at the touch of a finger. Plus, on site support is an asset. They helped us work the room, assist bidders, answer questions, create Calls to Action, and so much more! Although there is a learning curve for new users, there's no tool on the market that can compare. And it sure bits the old days with paper bidding sheets! Plus the diversity in reports you can run, from attendees, to managing seating/ tables, to tracking popular packages, generous donors, unsold items, etc. is super helpful when identifying what works and what doesn't year after year. The software is a bit expensive, but is worth every penny when trying to maximize your fundraising dollars for the organization you love. Quick tip though - make sure your venue has a strong WiFi signal. Obviously venues that are more unique create more excitement, but it's essential that the venue you choose has a strong signal or the ability to create a secure network. BidPal techs can work through the kinks, but selecting a suitable venue will make your job a lot easier in the long run. Also, be up front with your account executives on what you need and what you expect. They only know as much as you're willing to share, so take ownership of your event and allow them to assist you. Don't expect them to run the show.

Emily from Mighty Oakes Heart Foundation

Great Customer Service

Great! I know my clients pay more for this service than other similar services, but I think it's the best customer service.

Pros

Cons

Some features that could be improved which I've shared with the team. Some reports could be streamlined & have options to "un-select" certain info so you don't have such massive reports with lots of unnecessary inof.

Customer service

Response from OneCause (formerly BidPal)

Replied December 2020

We love hearing about our excellent customer service, Emily :) Thanks for taking the time to give this helpful feedback - we look forward to you seeing our enhancements coming in 2021!

Roberta from The Women's Center

OneCause First Time User

The post event reporting has allowed us to gather more relevant information at the touch of a button than ever before. Overall, the software was great but the sales person on the front end and the event manager the night of the event were rather useless. The online chat function makes up for them. I think its one of the best run "support" features I've ever had the pleasure using!

Pros

Ease of use was incredible on the back end. The time it saved me versus the last software we had was immeasurable. The reports that are available at the click of a button are in-depth and very easy to sort through.

Cons

We had some difficulty the night of the event because we had poor cellular signal in the space but as an attendee, the look is clean and the function is very straightforward.

Reasons for Choosing OneCause

Overall look and ease of use to the guest.

Reasons for Switching to OneCause

Lack of customer service, overall look of the software and inefficient reporting functions.

Response from OneCause (formerly BidPal)

Replied November 2019

Roberta, We're thrilled to hear we could save you time and energy on reporting and that our software and support helped you with a successful event! We'll pass your words on to our team. We're glad to have you as a member of our community of #FearlessFundraisers. Kellen

Tyler from Ali Forney Center

OneCause makes check-in, check-out, and all onsite logistics run smoothly, and their team is great!

Pros

My agency used to handle our auctions for our large events (800-1000 people) on paper and it was a nightmare. OneCause has streamlined the process, with the added bonus of having check-in looped into the software. We love having the option of texting our attendees at our events. The OneCause team is amazing. From the pre-event consultants to the onsite techs, we have only had wonderful experiences. They are always available, respond extremely quickly to questions, and are a joy to work with.

Cons

We wish that there was the capability to add guests' plus ones into the system without adding "Guest Of..." as a separate entry for each plus one. Having to type this in, open the profile, and change the information at check-in adds a little bit of time and can create a line of people waiting to check in.

My overall experience using BidPal One has been very positive.

This software was invaluable in providing the timely access to bidding on our fundraiser. We had over 500 packages available and over 5000 total bids. The scoreboards were easily integrated into the video displays and AV equipment. This software assisted in a volunteer group pulling off a very professional silent auction and live auction.

Pros

I appreciate the checklist and the tutorial videos. The tools to build an engaging fundraising interface are intuitive and capable.

Seth from Your Rocktioneer

OneCause - super easy to use

Great support, always quick to reply.

Pros

The software is easy to use both for the user and the admin.

Cons

I'd love to see the ability to add more photos per auction item, better promotional tools for sharing auction and items across social media, as well as ability to have multiple categories per items.

Support

Bonnie from Kidsave

OneCause (formerly BidPal) is a phenomenal asset to anyone who puts on fundraising events.

All the details of my event in one place, ease of creating reports, great organization of a silent auction, ability to assign (and change right up to the even time) bidder numbers, a nice-looking site to promote auction items ahead of time, support onsite at the event and after the event, and -- perhaps most important-- support whenever I needed it on the phone.

Pros

The customer support. They have a team that is nearly always immediately available, and can answer almost any question. If they can't they figure it out with you on the phone, or confer with others and call you right back. They are wonderful.

Cons

The complicated way that money is handled. It's not their fault, though. It is simploy complicated. I think they have a gret product. It is up to the user to be sure they fully understand what to do during and after an event -- and this is worth going over with support before the event.

Shawna from South Puget Sound Habitat for Humanity

Great Product for Silent Auctions!

Great! Easy to work with and fast responses on tech support

Pros

Easy to set up and provides a great user (attendee) experience for auctions!

Cons

We need the capacity for larger photos and in program photo storage

Better customer experience and UI

Reasons for Switching to OneCause

More functionality and better customer support

Response from OneCause (formerly BidPal)

Replied November 2020

Shawna, We bet you'll love our recent upgrades to photos and we appreciate your input as we continue to improve our products! Thankful we can help you support your mission.

Allyson from Children's Tumor Foundation - Arkansas Chapter

We had a great experience with this software this year for our event.

It was easy to find our clients and it allowed us to set up our silent auction and receive bids through it weeks before the event, not just day of. It also allowed us to be able to have people who could not physically attend the event still bid and win items in our silent auction.

Pros

The availability to use it on the go and make quick changes if needed; the fact that the updated registration check in software was super easy to use and easy to make changes in if needed; the fact that we were able to set up the fundraising page quickly and that it was very clean and presentable; the fact that customer service was easy to get in touch with and would answer any questions that we had and help us pinpoint any issues as needed.

Cons

If you weren't aware of the way that items would roll over to packaging that you would have to do double work in that area (example: inputting item information so that it would roll into the packaging without having to reword descriptions, etc).

Tammie from Atlanta Community Food Bank

Industry: Individual & Family Services

OneCause should be titled MultiCause

Pros

This software is very adaptable! Allowing you to really customize the features to fit your specific events. You can literally create micro-sites to support your event efforts. Very easy for constituents to engage and enjoy.

Cons

You will need to be somewhat tech savvy to take advantage of the robust webpages that are available. Not having the opportunity to insert pictures and graphics without first saving them in Google then having to manipulate the fields is not the most convenient. Pretty when done, but I make most choices on ease of use and this could be better.

Response from OneCause (formerly BidPal)

Replied November 2020

Tammie, Thank you for the helpful feedback - we bet you'll love our recent update to photos and other improvements throughout. Happy we can help you support your mission in so many different ways!

Michelle from Southern California Hospice Foundation

Amazing Technical Support

The product creates an amazing experience for our donors at check-out. However, I would like the images of the silent auction items to be larger when viewing the items from your phone. Donors often complain that they cannot zoom-in on the item, so they don't know what they are purchasing, except for what is listed in the description.

Pros

OnceCause is incredibly user friendly, even for someone who doesn't use the software often. I am not a tech person, and so I am often calling customer support and asking for help. Their representatives are always able to solve the problem and deliver exactly what I need. I could not be more satisfied with their extraordinary customer service.

Cons

The price is higher than their competitors

Response from OneCause (formerly BidPal)

Replied April 2021

Thank you, Michelle! We're happy to be able to help you create an amazing customer experience for your fundraising!

Tavia from Creasey Mahan Nature Preserve

Industry: Environmental Services

Superb Software

Absolutely wonderful! We are looking forward to using it for our next event.

Pros

Full functionality! Everything we needed to host a creative and virtual fundraising event was included. Customer support was superb, and we even hired a Virtual Event Manager who was REMARKABLE. She helped make our event a huge success! The online auction capabilities were seamless and easy to use!

Cons

Would like to be able to post more photos of auction items.

Reasons for Switching to OneCause

They did not offer as many features.

Response from OneCause (formerly BidPal)

Replied December 2020

We're thankful we could help support your mission in 2020, Tavia! Looking forward to a continued partnership in 2021!

Jami from Benefis Health System Foundation

Great Product!

Wonderful! The team has always been willing to help us tackle our problems. They are on hand during the event (in person or virtual) to help at any time!

Pros

The customer service representatives are very easy to work with an always willing to help. If you are hosting an online event without the need for any "virtual live event" than this product is perfect!

Cons

One area of improvement would be to allow better capabilities to stream live. The uploading of images could potentially be a bit easier and user friendly as well.

Reasons for Choosing OneCause

In comparing with other companies, OneCause had the same capabilities around the same price but I felt the least pressure and "salesy" from the consultants I worked with her. I felt more at ease to work with OneCause.

Response from OneCause (formerly BidPal)

Replied November 2020

Jami, We're so thankful we can help you solve your problems and grow your mission. Grateful you're a part of our group of #FearlessFundraisers!

John from Lutheran High Northeast

LHNE

We have enjoyed it's flexibility overall

Pros

mobile bidding and mass text are very useful

Cons

When running a non-auction event like a golf tournament the mobile bidding start uppage should be able to be pointed somewhere beside the non-existent catalog page. Being able to have the landing page go to the welcome or ticket registration would be much more appealing.

unlimited usage per year

mobile bidding

Molly from North County Christian School

My organization had a great experience with the One Cause software. We look forward to continuing!

Pros

My organization signed on with One Cause just 2 months before our annual auction. One Cause did did everything necessary to help us prepare and keep us on target for planning our event and it was so successful! The software is very organized and helps track your project timeline and progress. Our event attendees loved bidding with One Cause on their mobile devices. Plus, moving to an online bidding platform made our check out process run much more smoothly and quickly - which everyone is a fan of! On top of all of this, their customer support is outstanding. They are incredibly patient and always happy to help. I never felt like my call was an inconvenience, no matter what time I called. Our organization has nothing but positive reviews for One Cause's product and services.

Cons

There is a lot of good information on the site to sift through, but sometimes without some guidance from support it can be a bit difficult to track down exactly what you're looking for.

Jodie from Achieva

OneCause for NOnprofits

We use OneCause for DIY and in-person events. The benefits of having a consultant on site for large dinner events allows staff and volunteers to focus on event details and consultants to provide support with the backend functions.

Pros

The mobile features of OneCause for special events is easy to implement and you can create attractive event webpages rather quickly. It's a great value for the tools and has made bidding on auction items and offering sponsorship packages online very effective.

Cons

Occasionally we have challenges when adding events - customer service is ok - have had to call back to get confirmation on new events.

Response from OneCause (formerly BidPal)

Replied April 2021

We're thankful we can help support your online DIY and in-person events, Jodie! Fundraise on!

Becky from Christian School District

Great tool

This was a game changer for our annual auction. Huge time saver at the event for payment and great engagement tool for our donors at the event.

Pros

I use the mobile bidding software and I like that it has just about everything we need to run a gala/auction online and the ease of use for our attendees is fantastic.

Cons

I wish it had a bit more ability to use like a donor database, and that it integrated communication with people better along with tracking expenses for the event so we can better see a total. I also wish it was a bit back-end user friendly - some of the image hosting and editability is not easy to use.

Response from OneCause (formerly BidPal)

Replied April 2021

Glad we can help support your online fundraising with a great user experience for your attendees, Becky! Thank you!

Angela from Bus Stop Club, Inc.

Industry: Nanotechnology

Feedback

Overall, great product! Contacting our supporters with text messaging is amazing and setting up multiple fundraisers has been fantastic. It's easy to use once we understand it.

Pros

Fundraising features, text feature is amazing and exports

Cons

Customer support the day of event was difficult to get in touch with which caused much anxiety. Would be helpful if one person was connect with us the evening of and we had direct phone number.

ease and price

money

Teri from UPMC Pinnacle Foundation

Best Auction Software!

This has been wonderful for me! I am a one person event staff and the back end of the software helps to streamline so much! It has saved me hundreds of hours through the years! I tell everyone to use this software. It has made my life so much easier!

Pros

I have been using OneCause/BidPal for almost three years now. The software is easy to set up. The help center has everything you need to make the most of your software! It's easy to learn both on the administrator side and also on the side of the attendee! I work with many volunteers to organize events and love that this is simple and software that I can grant the hands on people access to help with some management functions.

Cons

We use Blackbaud Raiser's Edge for donor management. I am still working on integrating these two applications. I've recently learned there are some third-party programs that can help with this and will be looking into this more.

Response from OneCause (formerly BidPal)

Replied April 2021

Thrilled to be able to help you with your fundraising, Teri! Your dedication is inspiring.

Dara from AZCEND

Couldn't be happier with the product if I tried

Your customer service is outstanding. Every time I ask a question I get a response immediately. That has been more than helpful when all of this technology is new and a bit scary to use.

Pros

I think your product is set up in a rather intuitive manner. I had someone else use it for another event we were involved in and they were able to utilize the software without any formal training. You all checked her work to see if it was set up correctly and it was. I love the ease of the mobile texting and the reports at the end.

Cons

At this point I would like to see a thermometer for fundraising versus the names that stay up until the next person donates. It is just ok piece. I would love to see the names on a continues scroll on the side of the thermometer.

Reasons for Choosing OneCause

Your package fit our needs and again it was intuitive to use. That is a lot to be said in this day and age when technology is the key to the future of fundraising.

Reasons for Switching to OneCause

No customer service and no help. Sold it to me implying it had a silent auction component, it didn't and that was another add on from another company. I could never reach anyone and I believe the person selling the product could not answer questions for me.

Response from OneCause (formerly BidPal)

Replied April 2021

We're happy you're so happy, Dara. Thanks for fundraising with us!

Lisa from Waukesha Catholic School System

Great For Our Event

Very positive results. Appreciated the reduced event cost this year. Loved the virtual help day-of.

Pros

We were able to integrate our silent auction, live auction, spirit pull and raffle ticket sales into one platform. It was great knowing that we could easily run all cc payments at the end of the event and quickly id any o/s issues.

Cons

I am new to this position and new to OneCause software. I did not find it to be very intuitive. Once I learned "which buttons to push" it was great. Getting there wasn't as easy as learning my new i-Phone:-)

Response from OneCause (formerly BidPal)

Replied April 2021

Love hearing you could utilize our virtual event services to help you raise more, Lisa! Fundraise on!

Alex from Boys & Girls Clubs of the Twin Cities

I have had a great experience with OneCause (BidPal) for the past two years I have used the software

Pros

I think the customer service is great with OneCause. I have specific people assigned to help me but if it is out of normal business hours I can call the support line and they will help walk me through any process. I also really like the mobile bidding feature, this has become 1st hand to all of our donors and really make the process easier for everyone.

Mackenzie from Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City

Industry: Fund-Raising

Bidpal was helpful and a good resource for our fundraising

Great accurate reports, helpful service as we are approaching our event and a quick and accurate representation of how our event went

Pros

The import feature when it comes to importing our donations, attendees and donors. It's really simple and the customer service is helpful when it comes to answering questions. It's helpful to know what features are out there that we might not be currently using that would be helpful to us and they do a good job of explaining the new things and taking feedback directly to the developer to make improvements.

Cons

It's confusing to me who is my direct contact with bidpal sometimes. I worked with Sherilyn pre-event and at the event but received communication from several different people related to bidpal and feedback, event details etc. that I found to be confusing. It would be helpful to just work with one person consistently rather than getting various forms of communication from different people.

Amanda from Regions Hospital Foundation

OneCause - a great solution

Pros

OneCause is an easy software to use for events and P2P giving. Their customer service is amazing and extremely helpful. When you offer suggestions, they actually listen and try to implement! Having used competitor products, I would hands down pick OneCause over any of those.

Cons

There isn't anything I really least like about it.

Reasons for Switching to OneCause

Ease of use, customer service and price!

Response from OneCause (formerly BidPal)

Replied November 2020

Amanda, We love being able to support your P2P fundraising and appreciate the helpful input from our users so we can continue to provide the best possible solutions. Thank you for your note, #FearlessFundraiser!

Rachel from Mission: St. Louis

OneCause Review

Pros

I enjoyed the customer service and tech support. When we had a question or were confused about something they were usually quick to respond with a helpful answer.

Cons

On the other hand, I will say the least thing I like about OneCause is not knowing exactly who to go to with a question. There just always seemed to be multiple points of contacts throughout the time we have had the software, so it was hard to keep track of which one I need to reach out to.

Response from OneCause (formerly BidPal)

Replied December 2020

Thank you for this helpful review, Rachel. We're glad we could help you fundraise even in 2020!

Erin from Down Syndrome Association of Greater St. Louis

We love OneCause

Pros

Choosing OneCause for our mobile bidding and ticketing platform was one of the best decisions we've ever made. Running our events and auctions became easier than ever and we saw revenue increase. The platform is so easy to use and customer service is great.

Cons

We are excited to utilize their virtual event platform and perhaps try their peer-to-peer fundraising model in the future.

Reasons for Choosing OneCause

The ROI for OneCause, the ease of use and the customer service.

Response from OneCause (formerly BidPal)

Replied April 2021

Best decision ever! We're thankful for your partnership, Erin. Fundraise on!

Anna from Wisconsin Lutheran High School

Great Product for Events!

We have had great customer support!

Pros

It is easy to use and the end user experience has been wonderful.

Cons

We have been really happy with the software and the support from OneCause.

Reasons for Switching to OneCause

We wanted something that provided a better end user experience for our donors.

Response from OneCause (formerly BidPal)

Replied November 2020

Anna, We're so glad you and your donors find our software easy, and we're thrilled to help support your mission. Thanks for the review!