• Pros

• "The ease of use - even my tech-challenged board members have leaned in and are appreciative of the features it provides. I also love the minute taking tool."

• "The price is great, it looks and feels really simple and lovely, and the company is obviously interested in feedback and improving the product."

• "The software is easy to use. I like the mini training videos. These are helpful to the board members. Online chat is great. Security and storage are great."

• Cons

• "It may lack a couple of bells and whistles that some of the more sophisticated products have, but for the money it wins out BIG time. "

• "The polling options need clarified a bit more - they are not as intuitive as the rest of the software is."

• "No complaints. Boardable does not have all the bells and whistles of some of their competition, but we're a local not-for-profit. We don't need those features (nor do we wish to pay for them)."

Browse Boardable Reviews

Karen from CO2 Foundation

Looks good, handles well, and has great customer support

Our Board didn't previously have a place to go to see all its documents, and now it does. It's simpler and easier than sending out so many emails...and we were able to cancel two software subscriptions (Basecamp and Zoom) that were made redundant thanks to Boardable. So, overall, we're saving money by implementing this tool!

Pros

Cons

There are a few quirks to the software, like there's no internal back button and the beta version of the video conference software only works in Chrome! But for the most part it works really well, and anything that I do get confused about is easy to problem-solve with their available support folks and customer service rep.

Reasons for Choosing Boardable

Cost, friendly support, and available tools (built-in video conference software, e-signatures, etc.). It's a relatively new company, and I think they're doing a great job.

Response from Board Management Software

Replied November 2020

Karen, thank you so much for your thoughtful review, and welcome to the Boardable community! I'm so glad to hear that you found the customer support team friendly and helpful -- we think they're rockstars too. I'll share all your suggestions with the entire team, and look forward to working together. - Samantha, Director of Customer Success

Cathy from The Board Doctor, LLC

Break the ridiculous email chains: move your board to Boardable

As a consultant who works with several nonprofits at a time, I really needed a way to stop the email madness. Too many of the boards I work with struggle with being responsive to each other and I am more and more convinced that the problem is more related to email than to people being too busy or over committed. Once it is built out, Boardable has everything a person needs to fulfill their board obligations in one location. It is well-organized and attractive to look at, allowing the board member to focus on their responsibility itself, rather than on just all the time generating and answering email. I convinced two of my boards to try it and it took quite a bit of effort to get everyone past their resistance and using the system, but with leadership from those who were eager to learn, we eventually got it working well. Another thing we had to do was to project the Boardable screen on the wall in the boardroom so others could follow along that way. Two thumbs up for the customer service team. They were delightful in chats, phone calls and trainings. Very helpful.

Pros

Boardable is a web portal designed to support the governance function of nonprofit boards of directors. By logging in, a board member can find all of their documents, prepare for meetings, engage in between-meeting discussions, co-write documents, assign tasks, schedule meetings and events and more. It is all in one location and very well organized.

Cons

Getting everyone from the team to log in, take some training, and start using it. Some people still resist, which creates extra work for everyone. I do not know what the software makers could do to improve this.

Reasons for Choosing Boardable

Price, ease of use. Can't convince people who are part of small nonprofits to go with a large expensive system when they don't yet even really understand what it does. Boardable is right-sized for small nonprofits.

Reasons for Switching to Boardable

Trello is not designed to support board governance. We were retrofitting it to make it work.

Marah from Colorado Chautauqua Association

Effective Tool

Boardable has helped our staff with keeping board documents organized, and our board members have appreciated having one place to find all of the information they need for upcoming board meetings. Boardable helps keep our staff and our board running smoothly.

Pros

Storage of board documents, ease of use for our board members and staff, customer support has been excellent.

Cons

Things we would change if possible - limiting the features our board members have access to in a more customized way (only 3 profile types to choose from that don't exactly match our needs); messaging feature is only available in the Pro version.

Pricing, Customer Service - free trial offer

Response from Board Management Software

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review, Marah. We love hearing all your suggestions and ideas for improvement. We're always happy to hear that Boardable is easy for all board members to use! Thank you, Leslie from Boardable.

Albert from The Christensen Fund

Industry: Philanthropy

It's 4 AM in San Francisco, but work hours somewhere and the site seems to be down

Pros

Very accessible, easy to use. Site has been up five of the last six times I've tried to access the in the last couple of weeks.

Cons

Website is inaccessible; appears to be down but no way to tell. Fortunately, the Board Meeting is not later today and will have time to update. Board meetings are probably pretty important for you too, so it would be good to check on uptime statistics, especially in the time zones where you work, before moving relying on this platform.

Response from Jeb

Replied May 2018

Albert, thank you for your feedback. We recently launched a new website and did have some downtime. Although we did not log any product (app.boardable.com) downtime, our marketing website (boardable.com), which has a link to login to the product, was down for some time during the launch. We notified Boardable account owners in advance of the possible disruption but it appears the communication that went out wasn't sufficient. As such, we have reviewed our advance communication process. Thank you for your user experience feedback; it's highly valuable to us as we grow and improve our processes. Thank you for being a Boardable customer and I appreciate your kind words about its ease of use. Jeb Banner, CEO, Boardable

Alicia from ACGA

What a Difference for our Board

This tool has made my life much easier and our Board loves it. It has saved me time, emails and effort. Our Board likes that everything is in one place and they don't get their work email cluttered with volunteer activities.

Pros

One of the most fabulous things about Boardable is having everything housed in one system. Our Board members have learned to use the discussions feature to discuss important topics without starting an email chain that goes on for days.

Cons

I sometimes think there might be too many options and they might miss on a thing or two. For example, I love the classic minutes taker. Not a fan of the new option, but they provide both. However, the classic option doesn't capture those not attending a meeting, just those that are attending and for minutes, you need both.

Reasons for Choosing Boardable

Boardable was a more cost-effective solution for our nonprofit.

Response from Board Management Software

Replied April 2021

Alicia, thank you for your review! It's a pleasure working with you and we love hearing all your suggestions and ideas for improvement. It's always wonderful to hear that Boardable has helped save time and effort for your organization. (Leslie from Boardable)

Darcy from Women & Hi Tech

Game Changing for Operational Efficiency and Nonprofit Impact

Prior to using Boardable, our organization had disparate file storage systems and multiple channels of communication. This negatively impacted our ability to operate efficiently, and collect and analyze data. Additionally, every year we have changes on our Board of Directors (people phasing in and out). This meant information was sometimes lost, and we were consistently re-inventing the wheel. Boardable has allowed us to create sustainability for our organization, be more organized and efficient, collaborate more efficiently, and (most importantly) have a greater impact in our community.

Pros

Boardable is extremely user-friendly and easy to use. It's easy to onboard new members and get them up-to-speed quickly. Additionally, customer-informed improvements roll out on a consistent basis, which shows that Boardable not only takes customer feedback seriously, but that they're consistently looking to make it more impactful and easy to use. The ability to streamline things like communications and file storage has had a huge positive impact on operational efficiency and accountability.

Cons

There's nothing we don't like. We've consistently provided feedback and it has always been addressed.

Reasons for Choosing Boardable

We chose Boardable for several reasons. First, it met all of our needs. Second, it gave us features that allowed us to move forward with stalled initiatives. Most importantly, the customer service at Boardable was exceptional. They were very hands-on, answered all our questions, addressed all our concerns and were proactive. We also felt they were genuinely appreciative of our feedback.

Response from Board Management Software

Replied May 2020

Darcy, thank you for the review! We so enjoy working with you and your board. Keep up the great work, we are always here for you. Jeb

Peggy from Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation

Boardable – You make it easy and you listen!

Wonderful customer service

Pros

I like the Calendar and ease to receive documents

Cons

Minute taker - I use standard wordprocessing for my minutes.

Reasons for Choosing Boardable

At our first introduction, we were convinced this was the product for us. The associate we spoke with to provide a brief overview was compelling, as it checked all of the boxes. The software whether using on a laptop or the phone app is intuitive, and if assistance is needed it is easy to access the online helpdesk for a quick response. They listen to the customer and have made improvements based on my recommendations. If required, training is available for all users and they provide continuing education to review updates, plus they reach out to see how you are doing. Thank you to the Boardable leaders, I highly recommend this product.

Reasons for Switching to Boardable

Price and Boardable is dedicated for non-profit boards. Did not need all of the other features via IGLOO.

Response from Board Management Software

Replied October 2020

Peggy, thank you so much for the kind words and for taking the time to leave this detailed review. This review made our day! We look forward to working together more in the future.

Katy from Greater Salina Community Foundation

User friendly product

Pros

We work with a diverse range of 200 users from many backgrounds and experiences so a user friendly system was important. When researching different board management products, many were complicated. Boardable offered a great system at a great value that is easy for our users.

Cons

Sometimes there are quite a few clicks for an administrator to get items where they need to go.

Reasons for Choosing Boardable

The system was much easier to use and required less training for our board members.

Zainah from Canadian Physiotherapy Association

A Truly User-Friendly Platform

Pros

My favourite part of this software is certainly the customer support aspect. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], our Boardable success manager, is truly a wonderful individual who is always there for our team in time of need; she is kind, attentive, and overall a positive person who I am very happy to have on our team. The software itself is also a great platform - the meeting scheduling tool in particular is ideal, alongside the goals section. I am excited to use the minute-maker functionality - should it work like the agenda maker, I know it'll be brilliant.

Cons

Perhaps where the software lacks is the calendar integration tool - as Outlook users, we have run into a couple of bugs, but our account manager has been incredible in seeking solutions for us, and for that I am grateful. Note that the video conference tool is also in beta, but the Boardable team is working diligently to enhance its service.

Response from Board Management Software

Replied February 2021

Zainah, thank you for the kind review. We're so glad to hear that the meeting suite and agenda builder are really helping your team. Thank you also for the kind words regarding your success manager -- that is so great to hear and it really made our day. Thank you again. Samantha, Director of Customer Success

Leisa from Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Alabama

All you need in one place.

Pros

All the features that Boardable incorporates for streamlining communication with our Board & Committees has been extremely invaluable. I love the ability to have personal profiles for everyone, the ease of scheduling meetings, discussions & document files in one place. Definitely has cut down on the amount of time once needed to search through email threads with attachments. I highly recommend Boardable.

Cons

This is not really a con, just a personal suggestion to fit our organization and to make Boardable more appealing...it would be cool to be able to put pictures into the Dashboard, Discussions & group descriptions. As they say...a picture is worth a thousand words.

Meredith from Rationalist Society of Australia

Boardable is simple and accessible

Succession planning: Boardable ensures all my board's important business documents are held in one place for easy passing on to new board members. Ease of use: Boardable is clean and uncluttered, making it relatively easy for even non-tech-savvy board members to pick up and use. Good pricing: there's a range of pricing models that make it accessible for even a micro-business.

Pros

Boardable is clean and uncluttered. That makes it relatively easy for my board and committee members to pick up and use. From a strategic perspective, Boardable captures everything that's important in my boards' business in one place, so that it can easily be passed on to the next generation of the board. Good for succession planning. I now use Boardable for 5 different organizations, and I find switching from one to the other really simple. Boardable's responsiveness is just terrific. Because I am based in Australia, any queries I have are usually responded to overnight.

Cons

When I onboard a new director, it's not always easy to ensure they have access to previous documents and discussions. Also, the inhouse video option didn't work well for me - but then that's probably because we are based in Australia. Fortunately we can still choose to use Zoom, which works well for us.

Response from Board Management Software

Replied February 2021

Thank you for this lovely review, Meredith. It's a pleasure working with you and we love hearing all your suggestions and ideas for improvement. We're releasing an enhancement to our video platform next week that will dramatically improve the experience for international customers. It's always wonderful to hear that Boardable is helpful with succession planning and easy for all board members to use! Thank you, Samantha

Kathleen from The Episcopal Church in Delaware

Revolutionize your Board Meetings with Boardable!

We are the business office for an Episcopal bishop. Boardable has revolutionized how we communicate with our governance bodies. All board members are volunteers. Many have full time careers. They appreciate the ease of use and efficiency of Boardable. No paper mailings, no postage , no worries about forgetting to bring your meeting packet, the ability to reference and view documents from a previous meeting, creating task lists and conducting polls for an unexpected urgent meeting have been invaluable to us. The majority of our boards fall under my purview as the bishop's executive assistant. I can't say enough about the amount of time it saves me managing all these various groups.

Pros

Boardable is an efficient, organized, and effective tool to manage governance bodies. Currently we are managing six separate governance bodies and expect to add several more soon. Best features include agenda builder, ability to write your personal notes and reminders in the agenda for your eyes only, meeting minute template, attaching documents directly in the agenda, pooling feature, and, most importantly, it serve as an excellent document repository. We've established "best practices" for administrators and end users. It has been well received and board members appreciate it's ease of use and efficiency. Tech support is extremely helpful and very responsive. The Boardable team is always open to our idea and suggestions.

Cons

One limitation for our use is the inability to have different titles and terms when a person serves on multiple boards. Having the ability to format our own documents would be helpful as well.

Kristin from Resident Doctors of Saskatchewan

Boardable is a great product for organizing our team

So far so good; overall we are liking it.

Pros

This software helps keep our busy team organized on the board and the various committees they each work on. It's great for organizing meetings, and assigning tasks to the members of the team.

Cons

The biggest con for us it that you cannot have additional controls within the administrative role. So, for example the junior staff administrators can see all confidential materials (financials, HR-related discussions) that the senior administration needs access to. The only way to avoid this is to not make them an administrator, but it means the CEO is then busy with some of the administrative tasks (adding/removing people and creating groups) that would best be assigned to a more junior administrator.

Design, layout and cost

Response from Board Management Software

Replied October 2020

Thank you so much for your review. We're delighted to hear that Boardable is keeping your busy team organized and that you like the tool. We would love to hear more about your experience with groups so that we can use your valuable feedback to deliver an even better experience. Please reach out to samantha@boardable.com with any further comments or suggestions you wish to share. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our business!

Crystal from Snappening

This is a great tool that eliminates the need to send lots of documents to Board members.

The software reduced communications, hunting for documents and collecting Board votes for online voting. I like it a lot.

Pros

The Boardable platform is great for several things. 1. It eliminates the need to send emails and attachments to Board members in the hopes that they will get them all and read them all before the meeting. 2. It cuts down on problems a lot of Board members face at larger corporations with blocked file sharing tools like Box, Dropbox or Google Drive. This isn't an issue because it's out on a server. 3. It cuts down on so much wasted paper from Board packets. Rather than print things out and then toss them after each meeting, Board members can now be responsible for reading and accessing their own Board information. 4. It keeps a record of Board attendance, Board votes and Board meeting documents, all sorted nicely. 5. You can do online voting between meetings - known as polls.

Cons

I think there are some opportunities for some small design changes, and some opportunities to add in other tools that would make sense like screenshare, conferencing, committee communications, etc. Having said that, I like this tool enough that I have recommended it to other non-profits in the area, and do speak highly of it frequently. I think it's got legs to be something pretty great with a few more iterations.

Darcy from Metonymy Media

Game-changing for Boards

Pros

Centralized communication has been key to moving our organization forward. It's helped with accountability and tracking, and allows us to communicate between board meetings. Polls are great for gathering feedback, etc.

Cons

I want to be able to use Boardable for my committee functions as well. We have started to do this, but find the feature set is limited. I believe this could be fixed by changing the way we look at member, observer, and administrator. In other words, I want my committee members to have member-level access but only within their defined group. As it stands, committee members can't assign meetings, upload files, etc. because they are limited by their user status. Also, file storage can get hairy. There should be more instructions on storing files, attaching them to meetings, access, etc.

Carol from Servants at Work (SAWs)

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

It has streamlined our board communications and document storage in one convenient place for board meetings and committee communications.

I love this software; it has eliminated the need for dozens of emails before a board meeting. It is only a little over a year old, so they are still perfecting it and are very responsive to questions, requests for help and are open to users requests for changes in the way they do things.

Pros

The ability to announce meetings of any kind, attach all documents in the board packet to the meeting and giving the board the ability to respond if they will attend. Can create multiple committee folders in the Document Center Can limit accessibility to some folders Has a People Directory for your board and can add photos and personal information Can download from your hard drive, Dropbox. Google Drive, and One Drive to a meeting Unlimited storage capacity

Cons

So far can attach only one document at a time; they are changing this to multiple document attachments If a document is attached to a meeting and you want to store it in the Document Center, you can't. You have to attach it again. Can only download from your computer to the Document Center, not the cloud drives. Limit of 20 users.

Tiffany from OneOC

Simple and Easy to Use

Pros

I love how Boardable has everything we need in one place. I really like using the scheduler to find a meeting date instead of having to us another program to do that. They are constantly evolving and building enhancements to the software making it very easy to use and intuitive. I like the security features that allow each group to only see information pertaining to their particular group. This helps to ensure that sensitive documents are secure within the software. Members of our board love how the software is self-explanatory and easy to navigate through. The transition from our old software was very well received because of this.

Cons

There are still a couple enhancements that I would like to see, but their customer service team is very open to hearing new ideas that will ultimately help everyone using the software.

Heather from United Way of Grand Forks East Grand Forks & Area

Boardable for Non Profits

Besides using this to communicate and organize our board, we also use this software for team meetings, committee meetings, etc.

Pros

The easy organization abilities and ability to pull things quickly from previous meetings recurring.

Cons

It took a little time to get used to and I still do not feel I am using all the features I could but plan to continue learning.

Response from Board Management Software

Replied October 2020

Heather, thank you so much for your review. I'm glad to know that Boardable helps you pull things together quickly for your recurring meetings. Great work leveraging the tool with team and committee meetings. I'm here to help as you continue learning. Please feel free to email me at samantha@boardable if you would like to organize a group training to review your new features.

Marcia from Burke Mountain Academy

Best product for the money

When I give suggestions for improvement - they listen and have made the changes to their software! I like the ease of online chat. I wish some of the features were available on the lower tier for smaller nonprofits like ours.

Pros

Cons

Some of the basic features are now in the upper level (cost more). I feel that board minutes should be able to be easier to write from the agenda. Then they should be able to be downloaded for editing purposes and uploaded upon completion.

Reasons for Choosing Boardable

Cost, features, ease of use, security and storage.

Reasons for Switching to Boardable

Needed increase in security and storage.

Response from Board Management Software

Replied February 2021

Marcia, thank you for the review and for your suggestion regarding the minutes. I've shared your feedback with our product director. It is wonderful to hear that the support team is responsive and that you're taking advantage of the secure storage. We look forward to hearing more of your suggestions around how we can best meet the needs of nonprofits of all sizes.

Mechele from WFYI Public Media

Great product for all levels of users!

Overall, Boardable has been a great asset to our organization in helping to streamline communications. No regrets!

Pros

This product has streamlined not only our board meetings and materials, but across the organization it has become a tool for internal meeting groups. The best thing about Boardable is that it is super user friendly no matter what the technology comfort level might be. Also, with a larger board, this product has made ease of access to information readily available without having to search through multiple files or reach out to request information.

Cons

There really is not a significant con as Boardable is always enhancing or bringing on new features.

Response from Board Management Software

Replied October 2019

Mechele, thank you so much for your review! We really value having you and WFYI as Boardable customers. Jeb Banner, CEO

Max from Voluntary Action Center

Beautifully thought-out software

From the sales process to Tech Support/Customer Service, they have been fantastic.

Pros

We have been using Boardable for a year now. It is incredibly easy to use, and has a clean, uncluttered interface. When our CEO started using it to create meetings, agendas, and documents, I expected a lot of questions to help her through the process. Instead, she immediately was able to use it without help. It's that intuitive. Almost all of our board members signed up right away; they are now able to see meeting documents *before* they show up at the meeting. The phone app is still new, but so far I'm very impressed.

Reasons for Choosing Boardable

Boardable had the best and simplest interface. Good experience with their staff. And the price was within our means.

John from The Presbyterian Church Property Trustees

Boardable Review

Very good.

Pros

As we have moved to a paperless office Boardable has proven to be an excellent programme in support of that strategy. During Covid-19 lockdown, numerous scheduled Trustee meetings were able to be conducted online, through the use of Boardable.

Cons

It takes some time to get used to its functionality.

Response from Board Management Software

Replied October 2020

John, thank you very much for your review. We're glad to hear that Boardable has proven to be an excellent program helping you move paperless. Thank you also for your feedback about functionality. We value your input and recently launched a Boardable Academy to help new members learn about our features quickly: https://boardable.com/academy/

Shirley from Ceilings and Interior Sys

A good product for the money.

Overall, it is a good product.

Pros

The ability to have a file sharing platform for employees working remotely.

Cons

Improvements are constantly being made, which is great, but users are not given the option to turn some things on and off. If you don't like something, you are told there is no way for you to opt out of using it.

Reasons for Choosing Boardable

The group we had working on selecting a product thought Boardable was more user friendly than the others we were looking at, but that it was not as admin friendly as others. We opted for more user friendly than admin friendly.

Boardable as a group connection tool

I've been consulting with a board that is trying to become more board-driven. This tool has been very useful for setting up responsibilities and tracking meeting dates/times. It's helped tremendously with the board's monthly phone conference; having all the documents in one place attached to the right spot on the agenda is great! Sometimes it's a struggle to get people to complete surveys, but that happens with any board. I have sometimes had trouble finding features on the site. I will say customer service has been quite responsive.

Pros

It's a good central place to keep information. It's nice to see who has RSVPed or filled out a survey about setting a meeting date without scanning through emails.

Cons

Some parts of the website are not intuitive. Board members who are not computer savvy tend to stay off the site, and some who are skilled still can't easily find all the features.

Response from Board Management Software

Replied May 2019

Thank you for your review! We appreciate the feedback on the usability. We are about to launch our iOS and Android apps and we hope that they help address any usability issues that your board members might have. And please keep the feedback coming, we regularly update Boardable and appreciate any and all feedback. - Jeb Banner, CEO, Boardable

Jarron from Greater Nashville REALTORS

Perfect for our busy and active association!

It's awesome. My board members and committee chairs love the ease of use and having all their board and committee info in one place. They wanted a meeting calendar feature that allowed us to sync and keep them in the loop easily. This works perfectly.

Pros

Meetings can sync with our volunteers' calendars. Makes it easy to keep them up to date and aware of opportunities. I also enjoy being able to make adjustments to meeting agendas and documents without sending additional emails. Prevents confusion and makes my life easier.

Cons

I am having issues loading multi-day events and having those sync in calendars correctly. The first day doesn't show up, so I end up just loading each day separately.

Response from Board Management Software

Replied October 2020

Jason, thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. We're thrilled that you think Boardable is perfect for your team and that it's making your life so much easier. Your business means a lot to us, so if you ever have additional feedback, please don't hesitate to reach l at samantha@boardable.com. You mention an issue with multi-day events, and I will investigate and make sure we do better on that front. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our business!

Lucia from United Way of Central Indiana

Boardable software is so easy to work with for our users and volunteers. It's priced right for NFPs.

Saves a lot of time for our team members in preparing meeting packets and sending communications for our Board and volunteer committees. Boardable helps to keep us better organized and is easy for our volunteers to interface with our organization and with each other.

Pros

Boardable team is very open to our suggestions for enhancements. They have been a great partner to work with to improve functionality of the app. We explored many different volunteer management software systems but most were not affordable since we operate on a very tight budget. Boardable was priced right and is saving our team lots of time that used to be spent on a manual process preparing for Board and committee meetings. Since starting with Boardable we have discovered a few other programs that easily benefit from using Boardable's functionality. Boardable is a great tool to use for collaboration with external partners.

Gilles from Invest for Jobs

Industry: Investment Management

Great solution

Very easy to use! Very complete!

Pros

Boardable is exactly what my company needed. Great for shared agenda, documents, group meetings with shared documents, etc...

Cons

It's very "American" and not very "European". E.g. the dates are complicated for us Europeans... 04/11 is not the same as 11/04. And a meeting at 6 is not the same as a meeting at 18h.

Response from Board Management Software

Replied October 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. We're thrilled to know that you would strongly recommend Boardable. Your feedback about localization helps us get better. Please feel free to contact me directly at samantha@boardable.com if you have any other suggestions you would like to share with our team. Again, thank you for choosing Boardable!

Jim from Musical Family Tree

Industry: Music

An invaluable tool for 2020 and beyond

Boardable has been invaluable to Musical Family Tree. Since COVID started we have operated all virtually and I honestly don't know how we could have done it without Boardable. It has allowed us to integrate new board members, and continue functioning without a physical space.

Pros

Being able to have all of our documents and processes in one place has been fantastic. Having a shared calendar and address list is very helpful.

Cons

We tried the video conferencing and it didn't work as well as some other software available online.

Response from Board Management Software

Replied March 2021

Thanks, Jim! We love having you as a customer! I can't wait for you to try to soon to be released video conference tool. It's light years ahead of our current release and really leaves Zoom in the dust! - Jeb

Dale from BC Economic Development Association

Industry: Government Relations

Very happy and the team is helpful

Better and easier communications with the board. Coordination of all board documents. Quicker development and distribution of minutes. Polling to allow for one-off decisions. Love this program. And as a small non-profit it was more affordable than programs that do not even offer some of the features that boardable does.

Pros

The ease of set up and now the ease of communication with my board of directors that are from different geographic areas. We can start and agenda, add to it, send to board when ready, and still add, then we can do the minutes during the meeting and they are done at the end of the meeting. Has sped up our communications time with our minutes and our board overall.

Cons

The integration of the use of video is not quite done and I can't wait to use that part. We need the option of video or allowing someone to just phone in. Since that is not an option we have not used it. Some of our members live in areas with very poor broadband so the call-in option is needed. WOuld have been nice if it was integrated with Zoom instead.

Response from Board Management Software

Replied February 2021

Dale, thank you so much for this review. We're excited to share that we've made great strides in the video integration platform and are also launching an integration with Zoom. Thank you again for all your suggestions. Glad to hear that Boardable is really speeding up communication with your board. Thank you, Samantha (Director of Customer Success)

Sue from Joseph T. Simpson Public Library

Industry: Libraries

Boardable was a good choice for us

It's a great tool for board management and engagement. It takes time to get all board members comfortable with using it but it has tremendous potential for efficiency.

Pros

Easy set up and configuration. Free training and training materials. Customer service. Ability to purchase additional seat licenses in small increments (5 seats) at a time.

Cons

The board packet quick print feature was a recent addition which is very appealing. (printing all attachments for a board meeting in one step instead of individually printing the attachments). But this is only for professional plan subscribers and I'm on the essentials plan. I'd love to see this become part of the essentials plan.

Response from Board Management Software

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review Sue! We are happy to hear you enjoy our free trainings and are happy with our customer service. (Leslie from Boardable)

Dione from Vernon Chamber of Commerce

Must have software for Board organization

Pros

We reviewed a number of platforms before we committed to boardable and top features included, document storage and organization, ability to perform polls for a quick response from the board members, ease of use, mobile app and calendar integration.

Cons

For us, the only inhibiting factor is the cost. We were able to qualify for the non-profit rate which helped, however, it would be the only reason the organization would ever discontinue use would be based purley on if there was room in the budget.

Tami from Nebraska Children's Home Society

Boardable is user-friendly

Using Boardable is much more cost effective than mailing out board packets that tend to be large. I really enjoy it on the administrative end but am still working on board members taking advantage of the ease of this software.

Pros

I love the ability to create an agenda, ease of publishing meetings, the Document Center and the ability to create a Dashboard message. Although I haven't yet had the opportunity to use all the features, I feel the software is very user-friendly. The Academy is very helpful and the integration process has been fairly easy on the administrative end.

Cons

When editing People, rather than return to the main page, I would like the ability to move directly to the next person.

Reasons for Choosing Boardable

I was not the person that researched products but I believe the free trial period was a big plus as well as the different tiers of membership.

Andrew from Sagamore Institute

Industry: Capital Markets

Boardable has made organizing board activity incredibly successful.

Easier board management and consolidation of processes.

Pros

Lots of features that are incredibly functional. Calendar is very clean and easy to use specifically when it comes to checking who has replied yes to the meeting invite. Polls are helpful when tracking board decisions. File management is incredibly useful when giving access to Board members to past files and minutes. We also upload audio files of past meetings making it incredibly easy for members that miss meetings to stay engaged. Easy to control members and invites easily adding groups to calendar invites and sharing files.

Cons

With most upstart tech companies they are building the software through customer recommendations. Which means the product is a work in progress and does not have total functionality right now. They are doing a great job updating and adding features but it takes time.

SHELLY from Indiana 4-H Foundation

You board needs Boardable

Boardable has allowed us to seamlessly move online. When the pandemic hit, we were already prepared to conduct virtual meetings. All the meetings, committees and documents are stored in one place.

Pros

Boardable is very user friendly, even for board members who are not good with technology.

Cons

The Boardable team takes our suggestions and is adding functionality all the time.

Response from Board Management Software

Replied April 2021

Shelly, thank you for review! We are elated to hear our platform is user friendly even your less tech-savvy members are able to use it! Thank you, Leslie from Boardable.

Lori from Martha's Vineyard Boys & Girls Club

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Pros

The system is not difficult to learn nor figure out as a beginner. Information in Help is easy to use and covers most questions. If you can't find what you need, the support lines are extremely helpful.

Cons

We tried the video conferencing offered. Members with Apple products could not log on, which created a lot of frustration and disrupted our Board meeting. When I contacted the help desk the next day, I was told that there was an issue with Apple products that Boardable was working on. That information would have been better to have before we attempted to use. Unfortunately, this is a new system for our Board and the video experience has created a lack of trust to many of our members.

Response from Board Management Software

Replied October 2020

Hi, Lori. Thank you so much for taking to the time to leave this review. We're glad to hear that you found the system easy to learn. We also think our support team is great, and I will pass along those kudos. You mentioned trying the video conferencing while it was in Beta mode. We've made significant improvements to video, including resolving the issue with Apple. I'd love to learn more about your specific experience and earn back the trust of your board. Please feel free to contact me at samantha@boardable.com at any time.

Zachary from CHIP - Coalition for Homelessness Intervention and Prevention

Boardable is such a user-friendly software. It really helps organize and streamline communication.

Pros

Boardable allows members to communicate in between meetings, which means that work isn't solely done at meetings, but also in the interim. Everything is only one or two clicks away and new users are able to access all the content they need through the easily navigable system. Instead of clogging up your inbox, communication is archived through the Boardable platform. Working with other board management software, Boardable is by far the most user-friendly and attractive to use.

Cons

Because Boardable hasn't even been up and running for even a year, sometimes bugs occur. However, the Boardable team is always so quick and diligent about responding to feedback and improving their product to make it the most efficient, most impactful software for its clients.

Affordable way to centralize Board Communications

Boardable was by far the most affordable yet high quality product we looked at when evaluating board software. There's been good support but I haven't really needed it - it's an intuitive software.

Pros

This is a dream for keeping your board communications centralized. As a board liason, I used to send many nagging emails -- now Boardable sends reminders and when asked for documents I can say, "That's in Boardable!" ... better yet, I can link directly to those documents without downloading them. I took minutes using their tool during a meeting for the first time this week and loved that you can enter either a note, a task, or a decision -- then tasks and decisions are summarized at the end. Fantastic.

Cons

You can't set a time zone specific to a meeting, which is challenging for us because we have meetings in different locations throughout the year. I'm still learning to use the minutes management so I can't speak to that yet.

Response from Board Management Software

Replied October 2019

Thank you for your review and feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know what you think of Boardable. Thank you for being a customer, Jeb Banner, CEO

Kate from zWORKS

Love having our Board documents, reports, minutes, attendance all organized in one place!

Pros

It's brilliant to create a central place for all board members to have access to everything they need to be a successful and active part of any board. The platform also provide a great way for boards to communicate without drowning in the email ocean.

Cons

As a nonprofit, we are frugal with our well earned dollars. Although, I see great benefits to using Boardable, this is an added expense for our organization.

Belinda from EmployIndy

Would highly recommend this product.

I have been very happy with the customer support I receive which is timely and helpful. Overall, this product has worked much better for our organization that the previous platforms we have used. It is well worth the money for the ease of use and personalized customer support that you receive.

Pros

This product was very easy to implement and for our users to navigate. We have several internal meetings that we use this product for as well as our monthly board and committee meetings. We have been able to customize it for our needs.

Cons

Everyone once in a while some glitches happen with meeting information that need to be taken care of by the programming department.

Reasons for Switching to Boardable

Boardbook was not user friendly and difficult to navigate.

Tami from The Emmons Company

Excellent customer service

First and foremost, the customer service experience I have had with Boardable has been 100% top notch. I have been working with several different people and each one has been extremely pleasant, very helpful, knowledgeable, not pushy, and willing to assist me in anything I need. Prior to extending our trial which was amazing, I did reach out to say we couldn't use the service at this time and I only received the most encouraging and helpful response. If all customer service could be like Boardable's, we all would be very happy!!

Pros

I love the options for scheduling and for different tiers of communication for Boards and Committees without one seeing the other.

Cons

I haven't used it enough yet to find anything I don't like!

Response from Board Management Software

Replied March 2020

Tami, thank you so much for the kind words and review! We really appreciate you taking a look at Boardable for your board. Also, I will pass along the praise for our customer support team. They are working hard to get back to everyone quickly and cheerfully so this is great feedback to hear. Thank you! Jeb Banner, CEO, Boardable

Michael from Victory College Prep

Great Product!

Awesome experience with customer reps to date!

Pros

Very easy to use and the functionality is top-notch. Cost is very affordable for the functionality you are receiving.

Cons

I wish there was some type of evaluation tools for the Board.

Reasons for Switching to Boardable

Reduced cost and increased functionality

Response from Board Management Software

Replied April 2021

Michael, thank you for your review and suggestion as we are always looking for ways to improve our platform. We are happy to hear Boardable is user friendly and affordable. (Leslie from Boardable)

Babsi from Easterseals

My review of Boardable

See above. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] with Boardable was STELLAR - above and beyond helpful. AND responded IMMEDIATELY and did NOT quit until she had fully helped me!!

Pros

I'm new to the software so I'm still figuring it all out - but what I LOVE so far is the customer service! I have found this year in the age of COVID, that customer service across the board has been less than stellar. You wait hours, even days, for someone to respond to an inquiry. But NOT Boardable - they have been amazing in their response time AND in their assistance.

Cons

Nothing I like least so far! I am fully enjoying it - but again, I'm only in the "loading data" stage and we haven't rolled it out for use yet to our board members.

Response from Board Management Software

Replied October 2020

Thank you so much for sharing the kind words, Babsi. We really appreciate you sharing about your Boardable experience, and we agree that we have a pretty special support team that goes above and beyond. We also count ourselves lucky to have customers like you! We're here to help as you get rolling with your board. Thank you again for choosing Boardable. -Samantha, Director of Customer Success

Gail from Philadelphia High School For Girls Alumnae Association

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Boardable is a GREAT communications tool!

Boardable has allowed streamlined communications for the board I serve on and I highly recommend it!

Pros

I really appreciate the ability to communication within committees and the board at large easily. Minutes, meetings, events are all housed in one place. Boardable is user friendly and the system availability is excellent.

Cons

The calendar feature should be enhanced so that meetings within all groups can be viewed by the entire board of directors...not just those within a particular group.

Katherine from Calgary International Film Festival

Never Deal With Calendar Invites Again

The customer service (shoutout to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!) is excellent, and the 'Member Academy' options are really great, and I'm looking forward to never ever hearing about calendar syncing issues again.

Pros

Seriously, dealing with all the different calendar types used by board members and not being able to create a singular place for board member info to live was what prompted the move to this software and is what I'm most excited for.

Cons

I understand why the document signature functionality isn't included in the base model pricing, but I REALLY wish it was. Also, I wish the video functionality had a 'record' function, which is handy to have to review when you're polishing up your minutes.

Reasons for Choosing Boardable

Budget! This one is designed for non-profit, and therefore was attainable for us.

Response from Board Management Software

Replied April 2021

Katherine, thank you for your review. We hope we're able to solve your problem of gathering board member information in one place for easy access. We are currently working towards making our video conferencing tool even better. Thank you for the suggestion. (Leslie from Boardable)

Adrienne from Fibrous Dysplasia Foundation dba FD/MAS Alliance

Love Boardable

Pros

We are able to centralize all Board Materials. Minutes were being kept on various platforms. We now have structure, organization, and accountability.

Cons

We cannot afford additional features. It is more economical and easier to pay for Zoom and Doodle separately. As a virtual organization, I'd love to have our staff meeting on Boardable. We have Board members who are technically challenged.

Reasons for Choosing Boardable

Recommendation from a valued colleague.

Holly from Tacoma Arts Live

Industry: Fine Art

A very useful tool for my board

Boardable has made it possible for board members to access documents and ask questions at any time from any location. The document center has been very useful and the personnel list has cut down on time when trustees need to contact each other. By making a folder in the document center for executive session that is accessible only by trustees, we have finally found a solution for storing those documents in a place that all trustees can easily access.

Pros

Cons

I would have said the lack of a mobile app, but this has recently been fixed!

Danielle from The Speak Easy

Boardable has greatly improved the way I work with my Board of Directors

The most impactful thing this software has allowed me to do is mobilize my board members more effectively to make faster and more well-informed decisions.

Pros

I love how easy it is to keep my core members informed. I also love that I can segment them based on committee's or initiatives to keep the 'lines clear' on only information pertinant to what they're involved in.

Cons

The company is still young; I would love to have better API integrations but I'm sure those are in the development pipeline.

Joe from Coxsackie-Athens Little League

Simple, affordable and does what it needs to without the high price point. Great for small boards.

Single online portal that is accessible to all our board members. Centralized storage and documentation center as well as discussion board. Integrated calendar and polls work well to keep all members connected in between meetings. And everything has permissions settings to allow/ disallow access to pretty much anything you like.

Pros

It's simplicity. Very easy to use and has a quick learning curve. Tech support has been very responsive to any questions or requests. Was able to get out working and all our board members online in less than 10 mins. They offer a free trial which makes this choice a no brainer.

Cons

It is a little limited on a few, just a few, features compared to some other really higher prices choices. But they are continuously making changes and adding upgraded features. This was the only reason I didn't give the features 5 stars as it wasn't the perfect solution (for our needs) , but hey, nothing is ever perfect. Extremely close though and wouldn't really consider this a con.

Sandy from Indiana Health Information Exchange

User Friendly

really good

Pros

This was very easy to set up and use when we need to. I also liked that I could send private documents recently to a select group. Normally they are handed out in person but since COVID there haven't been any in person meetings.

Cons

Limited number of users for the cost of the product each month. would like maybe 10-15 more users without the cost going up.

ease of use and cost

Larrie from Christ's Church of the Valley

Saved or Board

decisions that are saving countless lives in the darkest places in the world. I think its safe to say that Boardable played a part in that.

Pros

Agenda making, minute taking, Doc storage, group management, pretty much all of it

Cons

not sure, we use zoom a thirdparty,, going to try boardable when its out of beta

we needed Board only management

Reasons for Switching to Boardable

old product not as intuitive and tried to be a one size fits all