Buildium Software Reviews

Buildium Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"I love having the support staff to answer questions and helping with learning the program. Love the online payment portal for tenants."
  • icon"We previously used another one and Buildium is so much more organized , easy to use and the support is amazing."
  • icon"Our owners know they are in good hands when they can easily see where there money is spent and feel confident that we are protecting their investment."
  • icon"Hard to set up late fee charges for each unit. Even tenants paid on time and their balance is $0, the software post late fees and no option to modify settings."
  • icon"For accountants it is frustrating with the reports. For our owners it is even more frustrating."
  • icon"It has also been glitchin from time to time and that can delay applications and tasks and it's very frustrating."

All Buildium Reviews

1-25 of 1,884 Reviews

The Best PM Software Solution

Siddhartha

Best property management assistant!

Buildium has helped to share the Rental Owner Statement with the clients, by directly providing them access to it, which allows them to view their rental income details. This software doesn't have much complications as compared to other Property Management software.

Pros

1. Buildium is the one of the best software for Rental and property management accounting 2. It is fast and reliable. 3. It enables convenient emailing.

Cons

There are very less limitations to Buildium, it just sometimes, seems quite time consuming.

Reasons for choosing Buildium

Buildium is a software that not only makes accounting on properties an easy task, but also gives the user additional benefits like access to emailing. It is very convenient to use and easy to understand.

Keenan

The Best PM Software Solution

We have enlarged our client base with Buildium's features thanks to their focus on speed and accuracy with payments, reporting, and accounting ease.

Pros

Online payments are a game-changer. Owner/tenant/HOA access allows each respective person the ability to view important reports and property status in real-time. The property database is completely searchable from anywhere on the site.

Cons

The task feature is a bit wanting. It's good for what it is, but dedicated project management or to-do list applications work just as well or better in most cases.

Reasons for choosing Buildium

It suited our company the most and its HOA features offered what we were looking for.

Reasons for switching to Buildium

The dedicated property management features

Sherry

Ray Realty

Overall I am really enjoying the program and feel it has made things easier for its users and for our tenants.

Pros

Love the Tenant Portal and all the features it offers. Accounting functions are easy to use and there is a simple way to make any type of entry.

Cons

Would be very helpful is there was a report to track both Liability & Worker Comp insurance for Vendors & Certificates Of Liability for Commercial Tenants. As well as Property Taxes & Insurance on all Properties.

Expense & Proformance/Functions

Reasons for switching to Buildium

Yardi Genius was outdated & when we tried Yardi Breeze it could not perform the task that we needed for our business. Particularly on the Property Management side of things.

Response from RealPage

Hi Sherry, Thanks for your review! I'm glad that the Resident Center is something you're loving and we hope your residents do, too! For reporting suggestions, you can submit those for consideration through your Buildium account. Simply go to Help & Support > Suggest a feature. Our devs monitor the submissions there to get an idea of what customers like you are looking for regarding features and updates. Thanks, Charlie

October 2022

Buildium Hates Their Customers! Stay Away!

Pros

I have been a Buildium customer since 2012 and have paid my bill on time EVERY TIME! But, Buildium could care less about their customers. I had fraud on my bank account and my payment couldnt go thru because my bank account was locked down. I called Buildium to ask if I could have a week for the bank to set up my new bank account and they said "no way", you can't access your Buildium account until you pay your bill (mind you, my bill is THOUSANDS of dollars!!!). I can not access any of my clients' accounts on Buildium and will have shut down my entire business while I wait for the bank to set up a new bank account and release my funds because BUILDIUM SUCKS and HATES THEIR CUSTOMERS!!!!

Cons

Customer service sucks really bad for this company!!!!!!!

Aleta

Buildium is the Best

Pros

The system is very user friendly, the partner integrations add value that wasn't there before, reports are easy to read, and the Resident Center is a great way to communicate with the tenants.

Cons

I would like to be able to transfer tenants within the community, or to sister properties, without moving out and moving back in and I'd also like the record deposit screen to have a filter function (by property, by unit number, and by amount). A move-out/move-in report would be nice too, and the ability to run the Vacancy report within a specific time frame.

Reasons for switching to Buildium

We were using Buildium, then switched to Yardi Breeze because we were looking for a software that was integrated with Low Income Tax Credit functionality. The interface was clunky and not use friendly and the reporting wasn't accurate. So we switched back to Buildium.

Response from RealPage

Thanks for your review, Aleta! Glad to see that the Marketplace is bringing you some value. Sounds like you've got some good suggestions. Have you tried submitting them to our developers through the "Suggest a feature" option in your Help & Support menu? - Charlie

Scott

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Buildium just fits

The software is easily adopted and their training and support is top notch. Support responds within a few hours to next day.

Pros

The software is user friendly. Typically there is more than one way to get what you need to do and enter data.

Cons

Sometimes hard to figure out exactly how to make a change and send new leases.

Reasons for switching to Buildium

Buildium was more cost effective for my use. Appfolio was double the yearly cost. Ok maybe Buildium doesn’t provide as much as appfolio but in the end a lot of those features are not used.

Response from RealPage

Thanks for your review, Scott! We're glad you've had great experiences with training and the support team. - Charlie W

Ben

Using Buidlium

in general, I see it as a growing potential, but there still work to be done as you can see in the suggestion's people have

Pros

it has a lot of flexibility to enter info about tenants, mange tenant payments or balances

Cons

i feel that software (at least at this point) is not fully geared for the Canadian market, some important functions are not available to the Canadian users

Reasons for switching to Buildium

we were looking for something more automated and advanced

Response from RealPage

Thanks for your review, Ben. We're always looking for ways to improve the software; please let us know what you're looking for as a Canadian customer by selecting "Suggest a feature" in your Help & Support menu. - Charlie

aziouz

Industry: Industrial Automation

Logiciel builduim

C'est un bon logiciel et merveilleux pour le travail

Pros

C'est un bon logiciel rapide et efficace

Cons

C'est un logiciel defficile a utiliser et

Reasons for choosing Buildium

Parce que c'est un bon logiciel et facile utiliser

Response from RealPage

Merci, Aziouz! - Charlie

Ryan

October 2022

The core Buildium platform is great, but the add-ons have saved my time as my business grew

Buildium's ecosystem of add-ons are geared for growing property management companies. I was able to add them as I saw fit, of course some of them cost money, but in all cases they have saved me more money in the time I saved.

Pros

It handles 90% of the lease digital "paperwork" with just a few clicks. Tenants prefer paying online and now that most are, rent tracking is automatic! Paying bills with remote check printing saves more time than I was ready to admit. The integration with TenantTurner to allow prospective tenants to schedule their own showings was a huge time saver.

Cons

I've given buildium 5 stars, but every software could get better. I do wish they expanded the e-signature integration to allow for lease changes to be captured more easily. I also wish they had custom fields to each property/unit - which could be added, searched for, and filtered by; these would allow me to track information such as is there a gas furnace, is there an underground sprinkler system, what's the neighbors name and number, etc.

Response from RealPage

Thanks for your thoughtful review, Ryan. We're always striving to improve upon the software, and our eSignature integration with HelloSign is one we have updates planned for over the next weeks and months to come. - Charlie

isabelle

October 2022

Very integrated property management software

Pros

Covers main processes of property management

Cons

Onboarding was terrible. The Buildium onboarding team did not set the expectations correctly and it was a huge disappointment. To the point that I almost dropped the ball.

Reasons for choosing Buildium

Appfolio did not accept my size of company

Response from RealPage

Thanks for your review, Isabelle. I'd like to learn more about your onboarding experience so we can provide that feedback to the team. You should receive an email reply to this review that includes a Buildium email address. Could you reply to it with more details? - Charlie

Aaron

June 2022

Best property management software for the price

Reporting is important and Buildium lets you know who owes how much and what bills need to be paid. It simplifies the bookkeeping aspect and gives accurate accounting if used properly. Really enjoy having a dashboard with all critical information at my fingertips.

Pros

Buildium is packed with features to streamline property management and cashflow. There is no better way to accept tenant payments and pay vendors online with the click of a few buttons. Once we got our tenants and vendors using the payment portal, we drastically reduced time spent on processing paper bills and checks. There are so many ways to automate tasks and save time.

Cons

I'm hoping that the developers add the "Duplicate Invoice" feature in the Bills module. This would save a lot of time when entering several bills at once. Setup is difficult but key to make the software work for you.

Reasons for choosing Buildium

Price and familiarity with the product.

Reasons for switching to Buildium

More features and better software for managing 50-100 properties.

Response from RealPage

Hi Aaron, Thanks for your feedback and excellent suggestion about making duplicate bills! Did you know you can submit suggestions like this directly to our developers? If you haven't already, navigate to the "Suggest a feature" option in the Help & Support menu in your Buildium account. - Charlie

Replied June 2022

Priya

May 2022

Buildium Review

So far the integration has been great. We have not yet got any product update reports on the above mentioned issues.

Pros

Easy to use Quick and easy integration Great back up team Customer support is very effective Great functionality Effective and accurate financial reporting

Cons

HST Representation on the owner/tenant ledger is incorrect. We needed a work around which is not the most efficient way. The auto calculation of HST on charges is not available. Buildium understands the liability account charges on tenant/owner ledger as the liability to the respective owner/tenant. It could be a liability to government too like in the case of HST. The rent roll and recurring charges list in tenant lease section should provide per sq ft rates for rental properties. The automatic bank reconciliation has not worked at all as it was advertised during the sales calls.

Reasons for choosing Buildium

Price, use friendly, automatic bank reconciliation (which has not worked sadly)

Fuctionality

Response from RealPage

Hi Priya, We love hearing how much you like working with our customer care team! We recently introduced tax calculation for management fees, but we'd love to hear more about taxes for resident charges. Please use the "Suggest a feature" option in the Help & Support menu in your Buildium account to let us know more about what you're looking for. For auto reconciliation, please reach out to customer care and provide them with more details. - Charlie W.

Replied May 2022

Anna

April 2022

Professional and Polished

When we were choosing which software to partner with, Buildium quickly rose to the top. Today, four years into business, I don't know what we'd do without it. From an accounting perspective, my accounting team has been pleased with the company reporting capabilities. From a management perspective, it allows our smaller firm to look as polished and professional - if not more so - than our larger competitors. It all comes down to how well users work the system. We feel we've gotten into our groove when it comes to onboarding, marketing, maintenance and more. The only thing I wish Buildium would consider is greater training options for those new to the software. That said, I managed to get us started (initially) and train the other users. And whenever we have a question, the support team is always a close phone call away. I would absolutely recommend the software to anyone as the best for ease of use, accounting capabilities and managed growth of the business.

Pros

Ease of use. Tech support available by phone.

Cons

User training options at the start of use. Perhaps online classes could be considered?

Reasons for choosing Buildium

Ease of use. And the ability to play around on it prior to actually buying it. (Although, that could cause problems when someone doesn't understand how it works initially.)

Allyson

April 2022

A Great Way To keep all of your Property Management needs organized

Before we were using Google Drive and kept track of everything with spread sheets. Buildium makes it easier to keep all of your information together in one spot. Buildium is very user friendly. A little confusing at first but once you grasp how they organize everything you will catch on very quickly.

Pros

This app is wonderful and really helps keep the tenants, leases, contact info, maintenance requests, leasing and listing, Property Management, Work Orders, finances everything to do with Property Management all in order. It’s a great way to keep your company organized.

Cons

I wish that there was a feature that we could have the list of tenants, like with outstanding balances, and when leases are close to being up etc. There’s a process, and I wish I could have a list of tenants with the check mark boxes beside them to mark off and keep track of each process. And even when I leave the page, and go else where in Buildium. When I come back to the list it is still the same as when I left it and I don’t have to start over. Just so I can keep track of which task and property I’ve already done for said task. For example: We have leases ending soon, I have to email each owner of each property to see if they want to do a rent increase or move out. This is where I would need my first check list of tenants I need to do this for. Then the next step is to create said rent increase notices or move out notices , this would be the second check list of tenants so that I can mark off and keep track of each step of the process and which tenants I’ve already completed the rent increase notices/move out notices for. I need this to be able to make separate lists that save even when I leave the page and go else where in Buildium. Right now there is a check box by each tenant, but it’s not really designed to keep track of what your doing because when I leave the page and come back my check marks are gone and I have to start over and try to remember which tenants I’ve already completed the process before. When dealing with tons of tenants this would make my job easier

Reasons for choosing Buildium

We wanted a real system to keep organized as we grow our company. Also all the cool features like making templates for various documents /emails and being able to send them out to all 100 tenants if I need too all at the same time. That makes my life so much easier. Also Buildium keeps track of tenant payments and finances, you still have to do your part finance wise but it makes everything easier. Buildium makes everything to do with Property Management easier.

Reasons for switching to Buildium

Because Buildium makes our job 100% easier, in every way.

Response from RealPage

Hi Allyson, Thanks for your review. I'm happy to see Buildium is helping you keep organized. While we don't currently have a checklist ability for your move-out or renewal process, you should be able to see the information you're looking for by running a Rent Roll report, which shows you most of the information you're looking for. You're also able to run Buildium in multiple tabs or windows at the same time, so you can keep the report open in one window, and navigate to any other page in a separate window. I recommend submitting this as a feature request by selecting the "Suggest a feature" option in the Help & Support menu in your Buildium account. Thanks again! - Charlie W

Replied April 2022