What are Charityproud users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Charityproud software through verified user reviews

4.7

• icon"Their pricing is straightforward and all-inclusive. Overall, we've been very happy with Charityproud."
  • icon"I also like the price and small readily available customer service team."
  • icon"It's easy to see how someone has been involved over a period of time. I love the ability to see the whole picture of a constituent and their continued involvement with our organization."
  • icon"We still have to pay for the Keystone software for this feature alone."
  • icon"Many of our married/partner constituents are both very involved with Habitat. Charityproud makes it hard to track these as a unit."
  • icon"The one feature I am struggling with is the custom form option."

Browse all Charityproud Reviews

• Have you used Charityproud and would like to share your experience with others?

Diane

CharityProud Development Office Review

We are able to capture more inclusive donor data and eliminate multiple data entry points. This allows our mailings and e-communications to reach a larger audience. With more inclusive data we're also able to segment our donor population as needed.

Pros

The software is able to provide consistent management of various projects within one system, alleviating the need for multiple systems. CharityProud allows for customization within the system to meet the needs, and changing needs, of our non-profit organization. This was extremely important during the COVID pandemic as we needed to move to new ways of donor engagement. The system also provides improvements based on user needs, and continues to update and create new features.

Cons

Some of CharityProud's terms and data entry options are not intuitive to the user. The main dashboard/screen contains multiple use options, and can sometimes be overwhelming to the user, especially new users with limited donor data knowledge.

Reasons for choosing Charityproud

CharityProud's features met our organization's data needs, and because the system is continuously making improvements and adding new features we're able to use the system for new projects and capture more data. The staff at CharityProud were knowledgeable about our field and were open and responsive to all our questions.

Reasons for switching to Charityproud

Our staff found DonorPerfect hard to use, and with frequent staff turnover during implementation, the data entered was not consistent or useful to our needs. CharityProud also offered more features and customization for all our projects, eliminating multiple system usage.

Response from Alboddo Technology

Thank you for sharing, Diane! We're going to be rolling out some new customer support tools soon within the system that may help new users with ease of use. We'll keep you posted!

Malea

Customer service above and beyond!

It has been nothing but great. In fact, it has been superior. I don't like to reach instructions or manuals and having a point of contact that I can email and get a same day, often within a couple of hours response, is invaluable to me. My contact, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been patient and attentive and even responded on a weekend when we were in a terrible jam and was able to solved our issues. That is what I call customer service.

Pros

So far, I like the event and online integration and donation pages. They make it super easy for donors on our website and easier still for me on the backend to track those donations. I like the dashboard view and am learning my way around the reports but like what I see so far. I am looking forward to working in the mailings and constant contact area as well. I know there is so much I have not explored but I am anxious to see the true power of the program.

Cons

I am the least fond of the help section. Whenever I type something in I just don't seem to be able to get an answer. That is another reason I am so thrilled with the live support via email. I have never failed to get an answer when I needed one.

Reasons for choosing Charityproud

Pricing. It was affordable. Integration with our current systems and with Quickbooks. Features. It had all the features we were looking for and then some. I like that it is a smaller company with more personalized service, which proved to better than I could have ever hoped for.

Reasons for switching to Charityproud

I needed something that was easier to use. Low-tech to operate but high-tech with features.

Response from Alboddo Technology

Thank you so much, Malea!

Replied May 2021

Industry: Fund-Raising

New Charityproud User

Although the customer service and training departments are very helpful, the software is challenging to use when trying to analyze data or customize the donor experience. Having previously utilized Blackbaud products, the learning curve on Charityproud is easier, but the options available are not comprehensive.

Pros

The software has a simple and uncomplicated look and feel. It is not overly technical or difficult to use the basic functions.

Cons

Overall, the software cannot be customized to the level that is truly beneficial. The reporting options are limited cannot be altered to produce more detailed analysis. The software also has limitations on its document creation and landing page designs. The options to customize are limited and difficult to use. More customization ability is needed in many facets of the software.

Reasons for choosing Charityproud

Charityproud was chosen for its customer service and willingness to adapt for Habitat for Humanity needs.

Response from Alboddo Technology

Thank you so much for sharing, Jennifer! We appreciate your feedback and have more customizations in our product pipeline. We'll keep you posted on when those roll out!

Kelsey

Created with the user in mind, it is intuitive and easy and save you time!

We had transitioned from donorsnap as I was being on bordered as our affiliates' first Development Officer, the Volunteer Coordinator before me set up the transition and I have since taken over. It is easy to you and I can look up information in a second, it's like having my own personal google for our constituent base. I also really appreciate how much it reduces time while tracking volunteer hours by being able to add more than one constituent at a time to a volunteer activities, since I split my time between development and volunteer management.

Pros

I check Charityproud every morning after my emails, it's a part of my daily routine. It gives me insights into what is really going on at our nonprofit, who is actively engaged, how much funds we are receiving, where we are in relation to our goals and more! As the Development Officer and interim Volunteer Coordinator, I love that I can upload data on our volunteers and donors (who often overlap). It is incredibly intuitive and there are video or resources for every aspect of the software. It has made our mailings easy and volunteer tracking efficient. Charityproud offers so many functions, I am still learning news ways to track information after two years!

Cons

The only issues I have ever had with Charityproud are when I do not know how to utilize a function, but the resources are very helpful and I can usually figure it out.

Reasons for switching to Charityproud

Unfortunately, I was hired after the decision to switch was made but my predecessor complained about how difficult it was to find historical information on Donorsnap, and the few times I did log into their software, I ound the userface difficult to understand and read.

Response from Alboddo Technology

Thank you so much for sharing, Kelsey! I'm happy to hear that it's part of your daily routine--that's a great discipline!

Replied March 2021

I don't remember how I managed my Dev work BEFORE Charity Proud.....

The team at Charityproud has been an absolute DREAM to work with! I love that they are local to Charleston. The product gives me what I need without being overwhelming. I'm able to connect grants and pledges to donations easily. It also allows me to keep all of my applications, budgets, attachments, grant terms and key email communication within the Grant Record. This was especially helpful during our recent audit. I will take CP's personal customer service with a phone call or email from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] ANY day over the online chat mess offered by RE. Nothing beats a live human! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is flexible and won't give up until an acceptable solution has been offered.

Pros

Ease of use -WAY less clunky than RE which I used and was trained on in my last job; great customer service with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]; the company is highly responsive to client needs - multiple times, they have created functions for us if it was something needed by others; GREAT pricing; Stock Reports are super easy to use. Good video library for additional training.

Cons

You don't quite have the household name of some of the bigger players like Arreva, Raiser's Edge, etc. This doesn't bother me but it does bother my boss.

$$$

Reasons for switching to Charityproud

$$$ and their product was clunky and not easy to use. Running reports was terrible. We didn't need all their additional features, and they had lots of hidden costs.

Response from Alboddo Technology

Thank you so much for sharing, Jennifer! It's been such a pleasure working with you and your team. I hope we can reconnect in person again soon.

Mary

Great Product, Superior Support

Our experience has been smooth from start to finish. There was nothing "promised" during the sales process that wasn't delivered as expected once we signed on the dotted line. In fact, the team was very honest about what could and could not be accommodated, which we appreciated because that is better than being told "yes" for something which really cannot happen. Our account rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], is truly amazing. She was extremely helpful during the onboarding / training phase, and continues to offer top-notch support. We are very happy that we chose CharityProud as our CRM system.

Pros

The product had almost all of the functionality that we were looking for, and is extremely intuitive to use. We needed a considerable amount of customization in order to accommodate the tracking of our various constituents, and the CharityProud Team came up with the right solutions for us. The upfront training was superior, as is ongoing support.

Cons

There is no calendar integration feature which we are hoping will be added soon.

Reasons for choosing Charityproud

CharityProud had the functionality we needed at a reasonable cost, seemed the most intuitive , and offered the best options for ongoing support. We did not want to find ourselves in a position to the one we were in with Neon where we made this investment but did not optimize the functionality. None of the other products that we looked at seemed as intuitive to use, and certainly the support being offered was not even close.

Reasons for switching to Charityproud

We did not find NEON intuitive to use, and therefore were not optimizing use of the system. Additionally, we were not happy with the level of support that we received. Reporting, especially, was clunky. We have very specific annual reports that we need to complete and it took a lot of time and effort to extract the data.

Response from Alboddo Technology

Thank you so much for sharing, Mary--we appreciate your business and feedback!

Kristen

A great choice for Habitat affiliates!

Our main goal was the conversion of donors to volunteers and vice versa. We also wanted an easier way to manage and track donors, volunteers, our partner families' sweat equity hours, and our family selection process.

Pros

Everything is streamlined into one platform! All of our staff use this software and it's easy to navigate. Reporting is simple and it's not a lengthy process to review and compare donor and volunteer data.

Cons

Since we have been with Charity Proud from the beginning, we've been able to provide feedback on ways to improve things as we go. It uniquely fits with Habitat for Humanity affiliate needs and they do a great job of listening and implementing new segments to enhance functionality.

Reasons for choosing Charityproud

It included all of the pieces we were looking for so our constituents could be managed with just one software system. It's easy to use and the customer service is unparalleled.

Reasons for switching to Charityproud

We wanted something that integrated our donors, volunteers, and Habitat partner family management.

Response from Alboddo Technology

Thank you so much for your business and for sharing your feedback, Kristen!

Mallory

Industry: Museums and Institutions

The best donor software I've used

Phenomenal. I have recommended this software to everyone I know in the non profit sector. I've been in development and fundraising for nearly 10 years and have used lots of different CRM software and CharityProud is by far the best I've used. The implementation was quick and easy and our customer service representative, Jessica is so wonderful and timely in getting back to me when I have questions. She truly goes above and beyond to help and spends time to make sure things are perfectly clear.

Pros

This software is incredibly user friendly and has a lot of great features. It's inexpensive as well but the thing that I'm continually impressed with is the customer service. If there's something that I have a question on, I know I can get an answer almost immediately. We've had the charity proud team develop several custom reports for us and they had it done within days. I'm so impressed with how quickly issues are resolved (even though we've had basically no issues). I also love how easy it is to issue acknowledgements, integrate with our website and the P2P function is wonderful.

Cons

Some of the reporting features are hard to figure out, most of this is just getting used to what CharityProud names certain things but that's becoming easier to figure out with time.

Reasons for choosing Charityproud

The customer service was top notch and CharityProud wasn't too overwhelming. Plus, we liked that it was a newer company and the price was much lower.

Reasons for switching to Charityproud

Gift works did not have the reporting capabilities we wanted and did not integrate into our website. It was not very user friendly and had a lot of features we just couldn't use.

Response from Alboddo Technology

Thank you so much for your feedback, Mallory! I'm so happy to hear that it's made a positive impact for your team. We appreciate your business!

Desiree

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Incredible Product

It has been fantastic. If I ever need help, have questions, or run into problems, I can email my contact and she usually gets back to my within an hour. If there is something I struggle to understand she will hop in a zoom call and walk me through it. It is easy to use, customer services is amazing, and I think it is a great product.

Pros

I love that I am able to create fundraises on this software as well as track my volunteer hours. I send out newsletters, to different people within my system. I love that I can create profiles for our partner families and codes for them to use for their sweat equity.

Cons

I am unable to go in and log back hours myself. I have to create a spreadsheet and email it to chairty proud, and then they will input the data. It is so helpful that they will do that, but I would like the option to do that myself.

Reasons for choosing Charityproud

I could send newsletter through Charityproud, so I didn't need Mailchimp.

Reasons for switching to Charityproud

Galaxy Digital didn't offer all the options Charityproud does. I didn't find it easy to use. I also struggled to talk to anyone. I couldn't call them and I never really knew who I was emailing. With Charityproud, I talk to one person, Jessica. She is so helpful and kind.

Response from Alboddo Technology

Thank you so much for sharing, Desiree! It's been a pleasure working with you!

Stephanie

VERY Satisfied Clients

We are very happy with our choice to covert to Charityproud. We like supporting local businesses and have found the Charityproud team to be easy to work with and open to suggestions. About a year after we converted to Charityproud, we hired a new [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. In an effort to help get this person familiar with the system, we asked the Charityproud team to come out and provide an overview to the new hire and those of us who had been trained the year prior. What we discovered was that everyone learned a great deal from this refresher training. After having a year to work with the software, many of us had very different questions than when we were first trained. It was also a great time to work through some scenarios in real time. I suggested to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] that the company build into its package, a one-year refresher training.

Pros

We love the standard reports and find the dashboards extremely helpful to see where things stand at a glace. The software is very intuitive and easy to use. I don't hesitate to log in from my office or on my mobile device to find donor information or add a note to donor file. Our former software was so cumbersome that I often avoided the chance to use it as a resource.

Cons

The volunteer component does not include all of the tracking features we need for daily volunteers versus event volunteers buy we are hopeful this will be an expanded functionality at some point.

Reasons for choosing Charityproud

We ultimately thought this software program would best meet our needs.

Reasons for switching to Charityproud

We found the system cumbersome. And because we were not on the cloud based system, it was slow based on our bandwidth.

Response from Alboddo Technology

Thank you so much for sharing, Stephanie! I'm happy to hear the refresher training was so helpful. Regarding daily volunteers--I think our recurring volunteer opportunities and the calendar might be a good solution for you. Would you like me to have your Account Manager reach out with more information?

Rose

User-friendly and awesome customer support!

I have been very pleased with CharityProud overall! Working at a small organization and on a one person development team, I was overwhelmed by the possibility of not only choosing new software but learning it and teaching it to others. I am thankful for CharityProud's customer service (shoutout to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!) for all of their support throughout the implementation process and beyond! Two years in, I am still able to reach out to our representative with any question and can expect a quick and helpful response. Recently, Charityproud even saved our affiliate money by helping us to combine services with our email marketing. I appreciate Charityproud's overall attention to detail and concern for the organization they serve.

Pros

CharityProud was built with nonprofits like ours in mind - which I love! It's user-friendly and comes equipped with helpful hints and video tutorials built into the software. Before CharityProud, my affiliate did not have a working database. Now we are able to register volunteers online, accept donations online, and easily launch fundraising campaigns and events. It's also super easy to run reports on donations and volunteer data for presentations to board members. Our data was integrated quickly without any issues and the customer support throughout from CharityProud was invaluable. Now that I am two years into using the software, I am really seeing the benefits of being able to to track data. I can finally set fundraising goals based on data and understand our community of support even better.

Cons

Overall, I think there are a few kinks that just need to time to be worked out that could help with the overall smoothness of the site. I think one area for improvement involves the ease of accessing processed volunteer documentation such as waivers that hold emergency contact information. When trying to access emergency contact info from the completed waiver, our construction coordinator has to login into CharityProud from the URL (no mobile app) and click several buttons before accessing this information. I feel like this could be streamlined better, or maybe I'm misunderstanding how to make this easier to access for him while out in the field. I do think a mobile app component to the software would assist with these issues.

Response from Alboddo Technology

Thank you for sharing this feedback, Rose! I appreciate your specific example of that area of improvement and will give it further thought on how we might be able to simplify that process.

Essential Tool for Small Shop Nonprofits

Charityproud provides a safe, easily accessible, reliable CRM system that exceeds the needs of small shop nonprofits. Whether our staff is trying to check a donor profile note from their cell phone on the road or managing gift acknowledgement from the office, Charityproud meets our needs. I really cannot emphasize enough the genuine relationship Charityproud staff builds with their nonprofit clients. They want to understand the challenges we face and work to create technology solutions to anything we bring to them. They are a tremendous asset to our organization as we seek to cultivate and grow our donor base.

Pros

Charityproud is an excellent donor database/CRM system that will save all nonprofits (and especially small nonprofits) time and money. It's very user friendly and intuitive in its functions. Donor profiles are easy to setup and manage. Donor engagement is a little time-intensive to setup, but is a vital tool for this software. Events are easy to manage. The survey function of this CRM is a big asset to smaller organizations that may not otherwise have access to survey software that easily integrates with their donor profiles. Customer service is second to none and goes well above and beyond any other CRM software company in the market today - our account manager is accessible, relatable, efficient, and genuinely cares about our work. We can build a real relationship with the Charityproud team, not wait for hours on a generic help phone line that wastes time.

Cons

The reporting function of Charityproud has been a little challenging for us. Part of this is because of poorly organized data that is a result of a lack of good data management at our organization historically and has no bearing on Charityproud's software. But it is sometimes difficult to export large quantities of raw data from Charityproud in a way we can work with in Excel for data analytics. I firmly believe most of these problems we've encountered would be resolved if our organization had cleaner data. We've also found the gift acknowledgement letter templates in Charityproud are a bit limiting as we've sought to create more graphic, dynamic gift letters for our donors with a minimal marketing budget. We've never encountered a problem we couldn't work around with the Charityproud team.

Reasons for switching to Charityproud

Giftworks was inefficient, unreliable, and over-priced. It was exacerbating the disorganization and dysfunction of our donor database, which had to stop.

Response from Alboddo Technology

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback, Daniel--I hope we'll be able to reconnect in person again soon!

Theresa

Great CRM Software for Donors!

Charityproud has allowed us to truly look at the activities of our donors so that we can better serve them. By using this software, we have become much more donor centered in our day to day activities.

Pros

Charityproud is a great donor centered software. We looked at several other software brands before choosing Charityproud. Our organization is a medium sized non-profit, so initially the cost attracted us to Charityproud. Once we received a demonstration we realized this software certainly met our needs and even more. I like how easily it tracks our donor activity, shows our donor retention and the interaction with online donations is perfect. I especially like that donation information is readily available on each constituent's file. For the most part, it is user friendly. The online help screens and webinars are beneficial when I am trying to figure something out. Customer support has been amazing. If I get stuck on an issue, I schedule a call or send an email to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who promptly responds and helps solve my issue. While I feel that I am still in a learning mode, overall I am very pleased with Charityproud.

Cons

There are a few features that I feel could be improved. First of all, the way Charityproud handles constituents with spouses. Many of our married/partner constituents are both very involved with Habitat. Charityproud makes it hard to track these as a unit. Also, I am not crazy about the word processing program that is currently being used. It is cumbersome and does not do spell checks. I find myself typing my document in Word and copying to Charityproud, which is double work. Lastly, while there are several reports and forms to choose from, sometimes I may need something a little different. I would like to be able to more easily query Charityproud to find the data that I want. As of yet, I have figured out how to utilize the compound dynamic reports which may allow me to do more queries.

Reasons for choosing Charityproud

Cost was a big consideration but also design. We felt Salesforce and Giveffect were designed for organizations much larger than us. We did not need many of the features their software offered. Additionally, we heard from many other organizations who had trouble learning how to use Salesforce.

Reasons for switching to Charityproud

Keystone was a great data base but did not provide the detailed donor information that we wanted to track.

Response from Alboddo Technology

Thank you so much for sharing this feedback, Theresa! I will certainly share it with our product team to show where there is an opportunity to improve. We appreciate your business!

Replied February 2021

Intuitive platform and responsive support

I have been incredibly pleased with not only the set-up and data migration process, but with the team's willingness to integrate suggestions and improvements along the way. Last but not least, our client account rep is top notch and is a true partner in helping use to the tool to its greatest capacity and to elevate development operations to meet best practices.

Pros

The ability to access donor giving history, engagement, and bio data at a glance via the dashboard is fantastic. Intuitive gift entry procedures and easy generation of donor communications (thank you letters etc...) have made cross-training our staff simple. Additionally, the ease of data reporting is key to helping us make strategic and data-driven decisions to guide our efforts, forecast performance, and identify opportunities.

Cons

An opportunity exists for the user interface side of the platform to be more mobile friendly - making it easier to access donor data and to record touchpoint/notes while on the road. Also, on the heels of tax receipt preparation, there is opportunity to allow further customized receipt generation (or building blocks for summary tables) to help charities abide by IRS guidelines pertaining to gifts like stock, and other gifts that must be assigned a tax valuation by the donor as opposed to the charity...

Ease of use and cost

Response from Alboddo Technology

Thank you so much for sharing, Sarah! We appreciate your feedback and I will share it with our product team.

Amy

Support and integration

We use CP for a very large P2P fundraising event (where we clear nearly $185k) and we use it for smaller fundraising events and campaigns. It works very well for any size event! We are working more with it now to better utilize it for relationship building with donors.

Pros

Charity proud has exceptional support. I have made relationships with them like they are part of our team and they work hard and quickly to address any issues that I have had. Further, CP works well as I create content for our website and in exporting to Quickbooks. The export to QB is not perfect since, of course, they are two totally separate products. However, it is better than other platforms that I have used.

Cons

Charity Proud is very intuitive to use. If I had to say what I like least, it is probably that CP requires multiple steps to accomplish things like registration. It is not hard -- it just takes a little more time. However, for the price of the annual subscription and the support that our small nonprofit receives, I will gladly take that extra time. Further, after using the software for nearly two years, they have asked for feedback and how to improve. I am sending my "wish list" to them and I know they will actually read it and address it.

Reasons for choosing Charityproud

We searched three other products that all seemed to have the ability to work well, at a price we could manage, for our small-medium sized non-profit. We ultimately chose CP because of the access to support.

Reasons for switching to Charityproud

The other fundraising software was produced by an international company with very high costs associated -- and with no consistent or reliable support. It was just too much software for our needs and staff.

Response from Alboddo Technology

Thank you so much for sharing, Amy--I look forward to when we can reconnect in person again!

Dan

Review on Charityprpoud

Charityproud has streamlined our campaign and donation process, and making us much more effective in donor relationship and management.

Pros

Charityproud makes creating campaigns, mini (sub) campaigns, and peer-to-peer campaigns a snap. Tracking donations and donors with reports is simple and easy. We also love the ability for the donor to update card information through a simple form. Creating year end tax letters was also a breeze with just a couple clicks, and we really like the Mail Merge feature for sending out monthly pledge reminders. Charityproud's customer service is top notch! They are always quick to answer a question and help with a problem. If there is a problem they will find a solution.

Cons

Creating online membership and event registration pages is a bit tedious, even after you learn how to do it. To create an event registration page you have to go to several different places within the program for Custom Fields, Activities, Guest Custom Fields, and so forth. It would be nice if if everything was all in one place. Online debit/credit card donations are a snap, but donations through checking accounts aren't as easy. They have to be done through your payment processor (e.g. Stripe) with micro-deposits. Once it's done then it can be incorporated into Charityproud. The whole process takes several days. It would be nice if Charityproud would partner with a company like Plaid to offer donors the ACH option directly on a donation page.

Reasons for choosing Charityproud

We decided to go with Charityproud initially because of price and the features they offered. Since going with Charityproud it became so much more. Overall, we're very happy we did.

Response from Alboddo Technology

Thanks so much, Dan! Your feedback is appreciated and I'll see if there is anything we can do to make some areas more streamlined.

Evan

Excellent CRM

Our overall experience is excellent. Charityproud has been an excellent match for our needs.

Pros

This product is user-friendly and easy to navigate. It integrates with QuickBooks desktop, and many CRMs only integrate with Quickbooks online. Pulling reports is easy and they are very customizable. I can't say enough positive things about their sales team and customer service. Their response time to questions and problems is quick. Their pricing is straightforward and all-inclusive. Overall, we've been very happy with Charityproud.

Cons

The features aren't quite as robust as other programs. We'd like the grant and events sections to have a few more details, but they are helpful and functional as is. We would also love for it to integrate with a silent auction and have some sort of text to give feature.

Reasons for switching to Charityproud

In our experience eTap was cumbersome and confusing. Once we purchased the product, access to their tech department for questions and problems was poor.

Response from Alboddo Technology

Thank you so much for sharing, Evan! I'd love to hear more about your suggestions for Events and Grants if you'd like to email me any time.

Tootsie Marie

My Honest Opinion

LOVE having our contacts: donors, members, event attendees... all in one place. Also, volunteers (which I have yet to upload) and Board Members.

Pros

This software has a LOT to offer - my suggestion is that you have someone on your team that is dedicated to learning its many functions. While I am a daily user, that is largely based on aspects such as donations and memberships - which I process a quickly as possible. Once you are well versed in the system, it can work wonders!

Cons

So many layers exist and I feel that sometimes content is inadvertently hidden. Meaning, even a search doesn't turn it up so I have to count on our Account Manager to assist. It would be easier for me to SHOW someone what I feel is frustrating rather than try to explain it as it requires me to be on certain pages and clicking on specific items to describe. Unless a person is a true CharityProud guru, you can use a lot of valuable time on it.

Reasons for choosing Charityproud

We didn't choose or review other products, this was based on a team members' previous experience. I had access to Salesforce in the past (and hated it), so I was confident when this was suggested that it would be an upgrade from the other software. No regrets.

Response from Alboddo Technology

Thank you for your feedback, Tootsie! Your Account Manager would be happy to hop on a Zoom call with you so you can show them where you're running into an issue. Please feel free to connect with them with any concerns--we want to make sure you feel comfortable navigating the platform.

Heather

An excellent donor management program for organizations of all sizes

Overall, Charityproud has streamlined our management of the information and communications related to our donors. We have used every aspect of the program, from selling tickets to events, to sending thank you letters, to running a peer-to-peer fundraising event. Charityproud continues to meet our every need related to donor management.

Pros

Charityproud is very easy to use in managing and reporting charitable donations. The additional modules for events, peer-to-peer fundraising, and grants are available at no additional cost. Each organization is assigned an Account Manager who is available for all questions and concerns. They provide amazing customer service! And the tech team is responsive to issues and suggestions for improving the program.

Cons

So far, any part of the software that has posed a problem for us has either been solved by a change to the program by the tech team or a little additional training on how to use the program to fit our needs.

Reasons for choosing Charityproud

We looked at a variety of programs (approximately seven) in our search for a new donor management program. We selected Charityproud for the look of the program, the ease of use, the breadth of information contained in the program, the ease of transition to the program, and the price point.

Response from Alboddo Technology

Thank you so much for sharing, Heather! I'm so happy to hear that you've been able to take advantage of all of the tools and that it's streamlined your workflow. We appreciate your business!

Charlotte

Charity Proud is Amazing!

Charity Proud has made my job so much efficient. I use it daily when communicating with donors. It is extremely user friendly.

Pros

We switched from Sales Force to Charity Proud to help us with our donor management and stewarding. Our data was a mess before we made the switch. We were blown away with how fast we got our data transferred, cleaned, and organized on Charity proud with the help of their team. Our favorite feature is the touchpoints. It helps us steward our donors and keep track of it. This has increased our donor dollars and involvement. We also really love how you can track volunteer hours and in kind donations on this platform. We were unable to do that beforehand.

Cons

We have no improvements I can think of. Whenever I have an issue or am confused by something within Charity Proud, our rep responds and helps us promptly.

Reasons for choosing Charityproud

The customer service and reviews from another organization.

Response from Alboddo Technology

Thank you so much for sharing, Charlotte--I look forward to when we can see each other again in person!

Lisamarie

Easy to use, great customer service

Our data migration was incredibly smooth. We had the best support in the team at Charityproud and are so thankful for their willingness to continue to teach and help us along the way.

Pros

We love how easy it is to track volunteer hours, Partner Family hours and donations. It's easy to see how someone has been involved over a period of time. I love the ability to see the whole picture of a constituent and their continued involvement with our organization. Data is cohesive and easy to navigate.

Cons

There are some features that we wish we had included, such as mortgage reporting tools. The software capabilities we DO have are excellent!

Reasons for choosing Charityproud

We chose Charityproud because they were open to our ideas for additional features, the cost was fair, and the capabilities were more than we hoped for. Our contacts at Charityproud have been so helpful as we migrated our data, set up our first events, and ran our first reports! We are so thankful for their continued support.

Reasons for switching to Charityproud

Our old system was clunky and the information was siloed. Now we have access to a full person and their overall involvement in our organization at the click of a button.

Response from Alboddo Technology

Thank you so much for sharing, Lisamarie--it's been such a pleasure working with you and your team!

Stella

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Best user-friendly system for non-profits

The customer service from Charity Proud is incredible - they have helped us since the beginning for an easy and seamless transition into the platform, and we can always call/email our representative with questions. This software has helped us record our fundraising data and make it into usable, organized, informative data!

Pros

The software is very user-friendly and intuitive to use, making it easy for different team members to not only input data but also retrieve using their reports and other great functions

Cons

The feature to write letters in Charity Proud is a little tricky to use and print since it is not the same format as a Word document, if there was a way to make Charity Proud text box connect to Word that would be really helpful. Besides that, it's an amazing software platform!

Reasons for switching to Charityproud

Blackbaud Altru is not designed for fundraising

Response from Alboddo Technology

Thank you so much for your feedback, Stella! We're working on making the mailings tools a little easier to use and will keep you informed of any updates.

Barbara

The Best Option

When searching for a new platform, I reviewed over a dozen different options. I am very pleased that we chose CharityProud. We have had a wonderful experience. It's great to work with this company

Pros

CharityProud is extremely user friendly and intuitive. Additionally, it is easy to get needed reports. But, what truly sets CP apart from the rest is the great customer support. If there is an issue, support staff is accessible and helpful, and there no additional charge after you have used a certain amount of time.

Cons

I'm sure the software can always be improved. It has been my experience, that if something additional is needed, CP staff works to make it happen for the client. They are continuously working to improve their product.

Reasons for choosing Charityproud

As previously stated, the cost, the unlimited customer service and the overall product performance.

Reasons for switching to Charityproud

Other platforms are very expensive, and their limited customer service makes resolving problems very difficult.

Response from Alboddo Technology

Thank you so much for sharing, Barbara--I look forward to when we can see each other again in person!

dominique

Love it!

Pros

Charityproud is wonderful because the people who make the software are willing to work with the client. If there is not some function that would help our day to day, they are willing to take a look at how they can integrate that into the system. It is always updating and evolving to fit our needs. I also love how accessible the team is who helps troubleshoot. If I ever have a problem they are one call or email away. It also serves so many different functions to my non-profit. From tracking volunteers, selling tickets to events and running reports, that does not even touch all it does. It is easy for me to set up, and simple for my constituents and volunteers to interact with.

Cons

As things update, it would be nice to get some sort of update, letting me know the new functions, so I do not miss out.

price, customer service

Response from Alboddo Technology

Thank you so much for sharing, Dom--it's been a pleasure working with you and your team!

Charityproud