All Churchteams Reviews

Charlene

2 - 10 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed June 2022

Great All Inclusive package.

Eric

Reviewed October 2017

Excellent Customer Service

PROS

I appreciate their very attentive Customer service and the one-on-one attention that you can receive from the software developers and their support team. They have many videos that you can watch to help you learn on your own time if customer service is not available. Always super friendly and helpful. They operate with the philosophy that no question is a stupid question.

CONS

I do not like the fact that trying to use the database on a mobile device can be a bit clunky. I would like to have an easier sign in process than using my browser application.

Hi Eric, Thanks for the review. I appreciate it and pray that we serve you well. Have you played around at all with the text to church feature? I have a blog post tomorrow on what we are calling text to me. It essentially takes you to all your stuff by texting ME. We feel this could be a really helpful way to engage your people in all the features of the software. It¿s a privilege to serve you guys. Thanks, Boyd

Replied October 2017

Kara

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Fantastic product, fantastic team

Our team is genuinely excited to learn how to use this product. So many of our staff were simply fed up with the former system and many were outsourcing various functions to other products because they system was simply not user friendly. That becomes a nightmare for trying to compile usable data on a holistic level, which is NECESSARY to assess the health of the body, the ministries, or any parishioner in a church our size. And, again, the Churchteams team is beyond compare.

PROS

The ease of use is the top of the list of what I like most about Churchteams. It's simple, but so powerful. It's also one of the most affordable options and the customer service has been exemplary. Executive has been with us every step of the way, Executives are always available to answer questions and their help and expertise with the data conversion was priceless. Our team is actually excited to use it and they are learning quickly how to navigate everything.

CONS

Honestly the only drawbacks in my opinion are relate to the search function as it relates to our former product. We have a large congregation and a LOT of records. In our former ChMS (the one that must not be named - if you've used it you know exactly which one I'm talking about) we could search by partial first AND partial last name simultaneously. In Churchteams regardless of whether you're doing a people search or a merge or whatever it is, it will search as you type, but it will only search one partial name at a time. It's an inconvenience at worst, but it is something I hope they consider implementing in the future because it really does help immensely with you have, for example, nearly 500 Smiths in the database.

Reason for choosing Churchteams

I spent MONTHS comparing the options I listed. Rock RMS was at the top of my list because of it's functionality and flexibility and the heart behind its development... until I learned about Churchteams. Churchteams offers all of that and won out because of the dedicated staff, data conversion, cost, and ease of use.

Reasons for switching to Churchteams

We used FellowshipOne for about 8 years. Within the past year, F1 was finally updating some of its functions, but it seemed they were more concerned with the appearance than the usability. Churchteams is easier, to use, everybit as flexible and powerful, and WAY less expensive.

Thank you, Kara, for this really nice review. We look forward to Pathway thriving with Churchteams!

Replied October 2019

Wayne

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Church Teams - A Good Option?

It's been an okay journey over the past 5 years or so.

PROS

Church Teams is relatively user friendly, and makes for not a too bad "one-stop-shopping" option for event registration, child sign in, team leadership, charity receipting etc.

CONS

There is no "forgot your password" option. Which for 2019, is unacceptable, and the reasons I plan to leave Church Teams ... soon. We get constant requests from volunteers who can't remember their passwords. One button, like all other online subscriptions, would solve this. It needs to be soon! The small group sign in is antiquated in its look, sending people to find a leader (by name) when the group is full. We have thousands of people who attend, ... how would they find that person? But the static page requires it remain this way. I really don't like this either. Support, is likely the worst piece of Church Teams for me. I called at 7pm the other night, they were closed, I called at 10.30am my time yesterday, they were closed. Training tools for team members are weak, at best.

Reason for choosing Churchteams

I think it was because of the price.

Hi Wayne, I am so sorry to hear about your experience, tried to call and sent an email. It looks like support did get back to you that day on the phone and with helps via email. On the "forgot your password" option, for ease of use and security, we moved away from having leaders login choosing to use notifications and push out emails for them. If you need coaches or staff to login, they should be able to do that easily. I hope we have the opportunity to connect and get things straightened out. Sincerely, Boyd

Rick

The Best Overall Program

Previously, we had a very simple church management system that did not meet even half of our needs. Church Teams has revolutionize the way we run our office, and all of our ministries and outreach. What’s more, they respond to questions quickly, and they take suggestions very seriously as we’ve seen updates and improvements reflect our requests from the field. We LOVE ChurchTeams and highly recommend!

PROS

Church Teams covers every area of software and programming that our church could ever imagine needing. From security and children’s check-in to data management, giving, small groups, volunteer scheduling, and event registration, anyone we introduce it to comments on how easy it is to use.

CONS

Our initial transfer of information seemed clunky, but that turned out to be our own mistake.

Reason for choosing Churchteams

Functionality for the price and customer service. We did multiple test prior to purchasing to check response time and friendliness.

Reasons for switching to Churchteams

More versatility and better value

Thank you, Rick, for this great review. To hear the word, "revolutionize" is so encouraging.

Rodney

Computer Networking, 11-50 employees

Churchteams database

PROS

The ease of use and the aggregation of data that allows us to have what we need at our fingertips.

CONS

Only negative to me is that with online giving and text to give, a physical address needs to be required when first setting up the account. We send a follow up email the the giver requesting the info but that doesnt always work in practice. It would make it easier if we had the physical address from the get go available for giving statements at the end of the year.

Reason for choosing Churchteams

Ease of use and a great all in one package.

Reasons for switching to Churchteams

It had become too convoluted and customer support was poor. They didn't know enough about their own software to supply adequate answers to questions that arose.

Thanks Rodney. I know that our online giving doesn't require the physical address any longer, so maybe there is something unique you are doing there. Plus, we email statements so that you wouldn't have to have a physical address at all even for guest givers. I really appreciate you taking a few minutes to do this review. We love serving you guys. Boyd

Nikole

Building Teams

We needed to have a means for team directors to communicate to leaders and within the team. Churchteams allows this. We also needed a means for easy access by users and the texting option and emails with Churchteams allows this.

PROS

Communication is key. The texting options, reminder emails and texts, reports to review attendance, volunteer scheduling, and communicating between teams is awesome

CONS

Not necessarily things I like least. Some suggestions are block out dates for volunteer scheduling and having a Calendar built into ChurchTeams for events. Highly recommend ChurchTeams.

Reason for choosing Churchteams

The other option was too complex and involved for what we needed, did not have the texting option as we needed it, and was too expensive.

Reasons for switching to Churchteams

Needed an option that people would actually use. An option where people did not need to log in, but could use a quick access, such as texting.

Thanks for the review, Nikole. I really appreciate it.

CHAD

Reviewed February 2020

Church Teams is a great tool!

Excellent. They are a key member of my team.

PROS

Relatively easy to learn. Group/event registration is easy and very useful for our church. Customer service is the BEST!!! Quick and a live human who speaks english like i do is ready to talk if needed.

CONS

Some features aren't intuitively realized by onscreen options/interface.

Reason for choosing Churchteams

Cost, features and mostly CUSTOMER SERVICE. As a small church with mostly volunteers, i don't have an I.T. person who supports our team. CT does that for us. When a new person has questions, they're eager to bring 'em up to speed.

Reasons for switching to Churchteams

Cost and HORRIBLE customer service - like they were doing us a favor by taking our call....if they ever would take our call. Almost NO live human support with CCB

I'm really slow on this, Chad, but thanks for doing this review! I really appreciate it.

Melanie

Churchteams Software for Churches

We are so thankful for Churchteams. We keep much more accurate records now and have much better communication. Sign-ups for events is a very handy feature that we use often.

PROS

We love the ability to schedule people for serving and have the system automatically text them reminders about their scheduled service. It’s also handy to keep track of life group attendances. We also send emails to specific groups and use the group registration feature for special events and outreach opportunities. The teen leaders use the text communication to let parents know if an activity is running late. We use check-In and label printing for VBS and for our community soccer and basketball leagues. We also like the pricing that included unlimited numbers of groups.

CONS

It feels very database-ish in its design. It is a database, so it still works for us. Some features are hard to understand at first, but we did some live online classes at the beginning to better understand processes.

Reason for choosing Churchteams

The pricing seemed best and some of the functionality was more suited to what we needed.

Hi Melanie, Thanks for doing this review. We really appreciate it and the opportunity to serve you guys. Blessings, Boyd

Replied August 2020

Melissa

Church Teams Review

Church teams is the second church system we have utilized,. The first was strictly for youth purposes while church teams is useful for the entire church. It is very user friendly, as I am not a computer savy person. I am continually learning how to best use the system to meet our needs and to make life a little easier for everyone.

PROS

The thing I like the most about church teams is that they are continually adding, tweaking and updating features to the system. When they do make a change or update they communicate how to utilize the new addition.

CONS

That text to church is an extra fee, however I do understand that.

Reason for choosing Churchteams

Planning Center was created specifically to plan the service and then branched out to include check in. At first glance it was not intuitive so I did not want to spend anymore time trying to figure it out.

Way to go, diving in there to learn the software, Melissa. You are a blessing to your church. Let us know any way we can be a blessing to you. Thanks for the Capterra Review.

Angie

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Big Valley Grace Serve Department

We needed a software company that would come alongside us to fit our particular ministry needs. Since partnering with us, Churchteams has taken initiative to invest in our church in more than one way.

PROS

Churchteams is very customizable, user-friendly, and comes with outstanding customer service. Any time we have a need, Churchteams staff is quick to respond and pleased to help.

CONS

Churchteams is a software that provides a very basic foundation. This requires time spent from our staff to create pathways to fit our needs. However, when we have needed help, Churchteams staff, particularly [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], has been ready to answer questions and find solutions.

Reasons for switching to Churchteams

We needed a software program that would work with us in a timely manner to answer questions and troubleshoot.

Thank you, Angie, for this great review. We really do want to do whatever we can to help you guys thrive. Please continue to stay in touch!

Replied August 2020

Nick

Reviewed October 2016

Churchteams is Well Worth Your Consideration

We have been using Churchteams for several years now. I have had experience with Fellowship One, Planning Center, Church Community Builder, and Churchteams. Out of all of those Churchteams has been by far the easiest to work with. Their customer support is outstanding and they try very hard to understand your issue. A lot of other systems seem to ignore you if you use it the exact way that they build it to be. Churchteams is very customizable and flexible compared to the other systems. Our group & team leaders love using Churchteams and we very rarely have issues with our leaders filling out reports because Churchteams makes it very simple for them and sends them an email. I'm a big analytics guy so I also really enjoy how Churchteams gives you access to all of your data. You can download all of the data that is in the system and create your own reports, but if you're not like me dont worry, they have a ton of great reports that you can generate and it's not complex to run them like some other systems. No report numbers to memorize. Churchteams might not be as flashy as some other systems but where they lack in flash they make up in being consistent. Churchteams is extremely reliable compared to other systems I've used. You can tell they are former ministry people because they seem to know the real needs of people who work in a Church. I highly recommend Churchteams to any church but I would specifically recommend it to churches are less than 1,000 and/or have a small groups ministry. Churchteams started as a ChMS for small groups and grew into other areas. Churchteams is the king of the hill when it comes to Small Group Management. Everyone else in the ChMS industry tries to replicate what Churchteams does with groups but no one comes close to doing it as well as Chuchteams.

PROS

Nearly everything is customizable. Fantastic group/team management. Easy to use reports. Leaders enjoy using it. Outstanding customer service.

CONS

Functionality is great but design could be improved.

Mike

Reviewed November 2016

A Good Fit for Our Ministry

We chose ChurchTeams after a long search and evaluation of multiple Church Management Systems. We wanted a system that was not overly complicated, and that could be used by our leadership team. Church Teams has been a great fit and we are happy with our choice. Here are a few things that we like - Small Group Management is the leading feature for Church Teams. It does a great job integrating into our website, allowing people to search and signup for groups. It also helps us track participation in groups. Group leaders receive an email after their meeting, where they can track attendance, share updates, and list prayer requests. This keeps the group members and church leaders connected. - Children's Check-In has also worked well for us. It's fast and quickly allows us to track attendance for our children's ministry - Event signup and registration is another feature that we like and use frequently. - Finally, we really like the ability to have a password protected online church directory. Compared to other Church Management Systems, Church Team functions a little differently. Everything is setup as a group. Your ministry teams, your events, your assimilation pathway, and your classes are all setup as groups. Communication and tracking is done through adding and moving people between groups. Custom properties can also be added and tracked. Overall, Church Teams has worked well for us, and the cost is cheaper than many competing products. We don't use the financial tracking features built into the software, since we do that through another system, but we use most of the other features. The interface is not as clean and easy to use as some of the other products on the market, but it's a good fit. It also doesn't take a huge amount of time to customize and setup. You can start using it quickly, and once you understand how it works, you can use it for more powerful functions. It's not the right fit for everyone, but for us, we have been pleased.

Thanks for this review, Mike. I appreciate your clarity and straight forward assessment. It will benefit everyone who reads it. Thanks Boyd

Replied November 2016

Cyndi

Reviewed November 2016

Churchteams has brought us all together!

I am the secretary here at theway church. Before Churchteams, communication was handled via Gmail, which is fine, but after several emails to large numbers of people Gmail shut down. Through Church teams, I can email or text as often as I need to. Now, I am not the only one sending out emails and texts. The Pastor, Associate Pastor, and the Team Leaders can send out their own communications. With the scheduling feature, the communications are sent out automatically! That has saved alot of time as well as helped with Volunteers showing up when needed. The online directory has helped our members and regular attenders stay in touch with one another too. We utilize the groups to set up teams for different jobs throughout the church. For instance, our Sign team is scheduled on a rotating basis to change the church sign weekly. Notifications are sent out automatically. Nursery Volunteers are handled the same way and we know who accepted or declined their assignment. Since setting up various groups, we have more involvement from members and regular attenders than before. Everyone is excited about doing what they are assigned to do! We use the check-in software for Nursery and Children's Church for Volunteers and the children. This also gives us attendance totals. We use the Contribution aspect of Churchteams too. It is so simple and helps keep track of everyone and their giving. We will soon be adding our online giving to this program as well. We are excited about that! We love the fact that we can access ChurchTeams from any device too! I use my phone to communicate with everyone when I am away from the office all the time. Prayer Requests...No problem. I can send it right out. We are a church that is 5 years old. We are new to keeping track of everything. But Churchteams has made it easy. The reporting allows us to pull up any information we need whether it be birthdays and anniversaries for the month or Baptisms for the year, etc. We love how Churchteams has brought us all together as the body of Christ to do what He has called us to do. We would recommend it to other churches.

PROS

User friendly, great support!

This is an incredible review, Cyndi. Thanks for taking the time to share details with everyone. We love serving you guys and look forward to helping you with online giving too, soon. It's great now, but an even better upgrade to it is coming soon. Thanks, Boyd

Replied November 2016

Nikki

Reviewed May 2019

Excellent Church Management Software

This management software provides solutions for children's check-in, event registration, communications (email/text), giving, member tracking, member engagement/follow-up. It is very intuitive, and allows for automation.

PROS

I love the ease of use that Churchteams provides. It is an all-in-one software solution for churches, and they are constantly looking to launch new components of their product to improve the user experience without charging extra for each new piece. The customer support is second to none, and usually responds within minutes, not hours. I am so happy we made the switch to Churchteams when we did! They truly understand the needs of a church.

CONS

I wish there was a component to upload music, order of service, etc. so that our worship team can use the product also. That is really the only missing piece.

Reason for choosing Churchteams

Ease of use, customer service, price

Thank you, Nikki, for the great review. We do have the worship service planning feature on our development list, but no timeline just yet. It's a pleasure serving you guys!

Replied May 2019

Hillary

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Easy to Use and Great Support

We love it! Especially the support team. Any question I have they are always so helpful and answer in a timely manner. The staff at Church Teams have worked in the ministry field at one point and they know what we are looking for and have implemented that into Church Teams. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is very willing to help train and answer any questions we may have and that is rare to find.

PROS

We love how easy it is to use, especially if we have to run a specific report. The cost is also another reason we chose Church Teams!

CONS

Church Teams is a little behind on product development but it is new and we understand that. Their staff is always willing to hear suggestions on how to make the product better.

Price and functionality.

Thank you for this review, Hillary!

Kevin

Reviewed February 2020

Flexible church database but not for everyone

The children's check-in is great for us and we love the flexibility that you can do just about anything if you know how to work the back end of this system.

PROS

The workflows and church to text is why we use it.

CONS

The UI is kinda old school. I wish I could browse the entire people database easier. I wish we could text from the database and receive replies I haven't figured out how to implement it into our website which I did with other software much quicker.

Reason for choosing Churchteams

For the text to church and work flows

Year ago

Thanks for this review, Kevin. We appreciate it. We have both the UI and getting direct text responses on the development list. Stay tuned!

Allen