All Donarius Reviews

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Great for Church or Ministries

Kwabena

Easy to use, Powerful and Great Customer Service

My church has been using Donarius for years. It is easy to use and when you need help, you are assured of excellent customer service!! I love the Import function - with just a click, you can move donation information into Donarius with no errors.

Pros

User friendly, ease of importing donations.

Cons

No visual images to go with the Help texts. Sometimes, pictures are worth a thousand words

God Send!

We were looking for something that was easy to use and cost effective. Another ministry head suggested that we try Donarius, because they were using it and highly recommended it. We fell in love with it right away. The customer service was attentive and knowledgeable. We were able to remove the barrier of time consuming, because this program was so easy to navigate, made things flow so much quicker, we were able to keep very accurate records and provide our donors with professional and detail documentation of their giving.

Pros

The ease of use and how even if you are a small ministry you can still function with excellence and look very professional.

Cons

We have been using this software for approximately 4 years and we do not have any cons at this time.

Marion

Donarius Review May 2019

Not sure if this is a Donarius issue or not. The weekly teller sheet is put in a Dropbox at the Church and more often than not is does not come through to the Dropbox on my computer. Sometimes the solution is finding it in Dropbox apart from Donarius on my computer and then it will show up in order to import in Donarius. I also have a problem with monthly PAC donations. I have a recent new PAC and can't get it to add to the list without entering it each month.

Pros

It provides a easy way to track charitable donations and provide receipts at year end.

Cons

Some items are difficult to find the answer to.

Steph

Great product and best customer service EVER

Because we only issue donation receipts annually, it can be difficult to remember how to use a donation software program. Because Donarius is so easy to use and intuitive, we don't waste time trying to relearn the program every year. And if we do run into issues, they provide excellent customer support - above and beyond. Would highly recommend it to any non-profit.

Pros

It's intuitive and really easy to use. And the customer support is stellar. No one gives this kind of patient, customer-focused support and that's why I recommend it to everyone I know.

Cons

I honestly have no complaints and i have been using this for multiple NPOs for years.

Debbie

July 2022

Great software for the money

Easy to use and customer service is quick to respond to any questions you may have!

Pros

I think this is very user friendly. Very easy to add donors and maintain their information

Cons

I wish you could have a way to enter your own reports, to be able to select the parameters that you want to use.

Response from Nuverb Systems

Hi Debbie, You can add your own reports by displaying a report, then clicking [Memorize] in the menu bar. It will remember all the settings you selected when you did the report, so you can later run it with the same settings. Louie

Replied July 2022

Georgina

May 2022

Donarius réview

I really like that I was able to reach someone as quickly as possible

Pros

Very easy to use and efficient . It allows to compile all donations adequately .

Cons

I had an older version so it was a little difficult to get things done

Response from Nuverb Systems

So you're saying it is easier now with the new version?

Replied May 2022

Isley

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Donation Managment that WORKS

If you want to keep a record of donations and have a host of reporting options at your fingertips, Donarius is the program you are looking for!

Pros

This is so simple to use that even the least tech savvy members of our congregation were up and running in no time! Once you try this you'll never use Quicken again to track donations. This especially shines in generating receipts!

Cons

Inactive donors have given some members issues, but the great customer support cleared them up!

Gail

We are a church and we record weekly donations and provide annual tax statements. Donarius has been more than sufficient for this purpose.

Pros

It is very easy to use once you learn the keystroke commands and function controls.

Cons

I have no complaints. It has served us very well.

Bob

User friendly

Pros

Easy to use. Able to edit and add department for donations.

Cons

Cannot input 2 different methods of giving for the same person on the same day.

Response from Nuverb Systems

Explained to customer how to do what they mentioned in the 'Cons' section.

Replied May 2019

Jean

Ideal for Small Churches

We keep track of weekly donations, generate reports, and create mid- and end-of-year letters to inform contributors of their donations for IRS purposes. Donarius is easier to use and less expensive than the software that we used previously.

Pros

We are a small church (around 160 members), and do not require complicated financial applications. Donarius has been ideal for our church. It is easy to use and performs all of the functions we need. The only time we needed service was when we installed the program, and the service provider was very helpful, patient and professional. Since then, the program has worked seamlessly. Donarius is a great value for the money.

Cons

We are very pleased with the software and haven't found any disadvantages.

Lourdes

Works well for simple use

Donarius works well once you get the hang of it. Could be improved in some ways; in our case, it serves its purpose in issuing official tax receipts and tallying the donations. Revising the report format can be a bit tricky - trial and error to get the look you want. Printing the reports in a particular way (landscape/portrait/ etc. )can be improved as the layout seems a bit 'cluttered'. I guess the features are there, it's just that we don't have the opportunity to explore and experiment - we're fine with just printing the receipts and a general report showing the amounts and dates. Louie (the owner/programmer) is okay for customer support - he responds pretty quickly and is helpful; one time though when I phoned he was in a relative's house so couldn't assist at that time. It is still a pet peeve of mine that whenever I key in a donation, it defaults to the first name in the database, so if I miss that portion, the donation will be credited to the wrong person. I prefer that the first entry is just 'blank'' so user is 'forced' to key in the correct donor code. Other improvements can be a report that shows more color, graphs, multiple 'types' of donations tallied in one page, etc. (which I do in Excel for presentation to Board and management). Overall, for the amount we paid one time, and compared with other software I researched with a monthly fee, for our purposes, Donarius is great!

Pros

Pretty straightforward if you know how to use it

Cons

First entry for donation defaults to the first person in the database - can lead to errors if you don't catch it. Bit tricky to change the format of receipt.

Donarius Review

As described earlier, I am the envelope steward for the church, so am using this program to track and receipt donations. I am just coming up to 1 year of usage and as yet, have not encountered any problems or concerns. It was quite easy to learn, and if there were any questions, they were easily answered by support

Pros

I am the envelope steward for the church so was looking for something that was user friendly and would meet my needs for entering and retrieving financial data. Donarius met these criteria and I have no second thoughts or doubts regarding my decision. The data entry is very easy and if there are any questions or concerns, they are handled in a very timely and efficient manner by support.

Cons

Although I only use the program in a limited fashion, I really haven't run across anything that I don't like about it.

Reasons for choosing Donarius

A lot of the other programs were much too complex for my needs. Donarius has the same capabilities as these other programs, but is broken down to individual modules, so I can customize it to my needs. By doing this, I am not paying for capabilities that I don't need and won't use. That being said, if we decide to use these extra modules, they can be added on at any time. This obviously impacts the price point, and that was a factor as well. The cost/benefit ratio was very good as the cost was very reasonable. Another factor was the support I received during changeover and over the past year. As stated previously, the support has been very good.

Reasons for switching to Donarius

Geminon was not available or supported any longer so had to switch.

Clayton

Best bang for the buck!

Our non-profit Church group has been using Donarius, now, for a number of years. After having looked at and tried a few other commercial programs; Intuit products, for instance, I found Donarius via a Google search, and tried the Trial Version. After using that, and becoming familiar with its various modules and capabilities, we settled on those modules that best suited our group and purpose, and have never regretted it. The ability to create Tax Receipt Documents (with the included utility) that are specific to our money handling procedures, has been very helpful. Of exceptional value to us, has also been their stellar Customer Service Staff! Every question I've had about the program and it's operation, or upgrading, or integrating with a new OS, or even recovering files after a system crash, has been answered promptly and fully, always enabling me to move ahead regardless of the specific circumstance being asked about. I would very highly recommend Donarius, to any group looking for a record keeping/tracking program with ample reporting capabilities, and one that is very reasonably priced to boot. Their updating and upgrading procedures and pricing are also very commendable given the over-all quality of the program.

Pros

Compact with a low learning curve, but still extremely effective.

Cons

Can't really think of a "negative".

Karin

Satisfied from day one!

Keeping computer records makes retrieval of information, running reports and communication with our parishioners very effective.

Pros

Very easy to work with, we were able to transition from manual envelope posting to computer posting without issue. We were two parishes, each using Donarius for envelope posting and maintaining parishioner data; merging our two parishes went without a hitch due to the superb customer service we receive whenever we contact Donarius. Donarius customer service is par excellence!

Cons

No cons at this time; we have been satisfied with Donarius since we first started using Donarius in 2008

Ernie