DonorPerfect Reviews

Our advisors have recommended this product 54 times in the last 30 days

Browse DonorPerfect Reviews

Labin from Nashotah House

Industry: Fund-Raising

A solid solution for a competitive price

We've had a very good experience with DonorPerfect. We moved from Raiser's Edge, and our team has been very pleased with the capabilities of the platform over the past several years.

Pros

Implementation Customer support Thoughtful product design Recurring giving support Donor contact tracking Donor record display Online giving form integration User administration and settings controls Detailed control of reporting via SQL Scheduled reports

Cons

No current integration with MailChimp No current integration with Zapier Dashboards can be a little cumbersome to set up

Reasons for Choosing DonorPerfect

DonorPerfect offered a better mix of CRM capabilities and it had a proved track record in the industry.

Reasons for Switching to DonorPerfect

Blackbaud Raiser's Edge was both cost-prohibitive and needlessly cumbersome to use, onboard, and customize.

Kim from CFOIC Heartland

Look no farther! If you've found Donor Perfect just take it for a test drive and then buy!

We are a small non profit that has a huge database. The ease with which we can utilize the same records in one office in the USA and a second office overseas is incredible.

Pros

I love every feature Donor Perfect has to offer! They make it so easy to run and manage over 30,000 records with ease. All databases cost something, it was a hard adjustment to make paying the monthly fee, however, I found that it was my most worthwhile and least expensive employee. Paying for Donor Perfect solved so many problems and made every employee's job so much easier. We didn't know what we were missing until we tried Donor Perfect.

Cons

I can't think of one thing that I really dislike about Donor Perfect. The email feature is a little weak, but we knew that going in, and there are work arounds. It works!

Reasons for Choosing DonorPerfect

proven capacity to work 24/7 in different parts of the world. No "down-time" in non USA operating hours. Ability to receipt donations in multiple currencies. Longevity in the industry.

Reasons for Switching to DonorPerfect

Fundly was NO FUN as in not functional! We wasted HOURS and HOURS and HOURS of employee time watching the green circle spin around and around and around. It took minutes to load a single donor record to enter a simple donation. Heaven help you if you needed to do anything big like run a report...

June 2016

Carlyle from Sierra Harvest

Industry: Environmental Services

2.5

June 2016

Frustrated with a few main features.

Pros

The integration with Constant Contact allows us to see whether a person is opening our emails (and create calculated fields based on their engagement) without having to log into Constant Contact. And we can still take advantage of Const Contact's good reputation, style templates and easy user interface. I like that I can set up monthly donations within our system and the credit card data is stored there (securely). There is a lot of flexibility in what you can do. The downside to this is the more you customize/deviate from the standard "donor only tracking" the less the built in reports will help you.

Cons

You can not find, sort, view and edit a subset of records within the database. We end up exporting most of our reports to excel, which is very counter-intuitive, takes more time and often ends up resulting in a lot more work as people edit the excel spreadsheet which then must be re-imported. The lack of this functionality is causing us to look around at other software. It does not have a good way to manage households: they recommend putting spouses on the same record, and if one is a business owner (whose business gives separately), the business shows up as a duplicate record on many reports and must be manually removed. And I have no idea how they would handle it if you put spouses on separate records (so you could track their volunteer hours separately, for example)! How would their donations show up? How would you make sure they didn't receive duplicate mailings? If you were segmenting your database into 3 chunks (based on giving history), how would you make sure that the two spouses ended up on the same list? The automatic download (from weblink forms) is very primitive--there is not a very functional de-duplication system that allows you to compare the records being added with what is already in the database. So as a result, you are likely to lose data or end up with lots of duplicates. The calculated fields can be very powerful, but they are SO counter-intuitive. They do not allow you to create formulas using if/then terminology without having to create multiple calculated fields that interact with each other...and there is no way to group the calculations together so you can remember what you did. I wish they used standard formula protocol like excel and filemaker do.

Keegan from COA Youth & Family Centers

Donor Perfect Review

Pros

Donor Perfect is extremely user friendly. Anyone can do basic functions like looking up a donor or adding a contact. This makes it a valuable tool for development departments.

Cons

While, Donor Perfect has come a long way in the last few years, the reporting functions still are not as strong as Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge. Also, my pet peeve is you are unable to copy a gift (which is annoying when you receive the same allocations monthly).

Reasons for Choosing DonorPerfect

Donor Perfect fit the needs of our organization without breaking the bank.

Reasons for Switching to DonorPerfect

I was hired to transition from Results Plus, which was just a old, glorified accounting software, to find the right database for our donor engagement needs. Donor Perfect was a great option as I don't believe we are big enough of an organization to warrant the purchase of Raiser's Edge, but still provides very nice reporting and analytic output.

Nancy from Congregation of Holy Cross

Easy to Use and Get Up to Speed Quickly

Our first year has gone extremely well. Everyone was able to get up to speed quickly. Even pitching in to help with gift entry during the busy season with little to no experience was easy. I wish there was more customization available with reporting or even some ways to build more complex filters. We may purchase Smart Analytics to move into a deeper dive with our data.

Pros

DonorPerfect is easy on the eyes. The large font makes data entry and reviewing records very easy, which is important when you are in the database most of the day. The program is pretty intuitive and very easy to navigate. Trainings are important and for the most part, very good. I like being able to run a report and click on a name or gift in the report and go directly to the donor record to gather further information.

Cons

The product's "Knowledgebase" feature is lacking. The glossary of terms in almost empty. It's difficult to find resources to solve problems or just to look up a "how to". Chat support is very helpful when you get the right person. Most are patient and very informative. As far as customization - the main complaint I have is that we have to use DP's criteria for lapsed and active donors. DP has some wonderful packaged reports, but they are useless for us because our definitions of lapsed, lost or recaptured are different. They also do not capture soft credit information on these packaged reports.

Reasons for Switching to DonorPerfect

The program had made no improvements over the past few years - it wasn't keeping up with the field.

Roxanne from Grandma's Place, Inc.

DonorPerfect is the ONLY fundraising system I will use!

I LOVE this program and will not use any other donor management system. It has everything I need and more.

Pros

This software is sooo user friendly. You can use it almost without any training. I have purchased this program at least 4 times... at every charity I worked at. An addition bonus is that Constant Contact is included with the software FREE!

Cons

The only issue I would say is that a few of the reports that I need every year for the Accountant are not canned reports.

Reasons for Choosing DonorPerfect

I would choose DonorPerfect over all the alternative products because I feel that it is the best system for the money.

Reasons for Switching to DonorPerfect

I purchased DonorSnap because it was very inexpensive. I realized very quickly that you get what you pay for.

Andrea from Woman to Woman Mentoring, Inc.

More opportunities for growth w/DonorPerfect!

The ability to solicit and manage monthly donors and crowdsource has been a huge benefit of DP. All the reporting options have been great!

Pros

Online giving/ crowd sourcing. Lots of integration options like Constant Contact and QuickBooks The DP team is always making improvements.

Cons

Having to pay extra for certain features/integrations Automating tasks could be easier and more abundant

Reasons for Switching to DonorPerfect

We switched because donor management was very difficult to keep track of especially when it came to our annual fundraiser, and we needed to harness the information that we have to retain donors and prospect new ones while collecting donations online.

Lori from Alexander Leigh Center for Autism

Love this Product

I have used DonorPerfect for many years and appreciate the updates and upgrades they offer in order to stay current. They take customer feedback seriously in order to provide what the user is looking for.

Pros

The product is user friendly and easy to learn. The knowledgebase is well-written and extremely helpful. The customer service team is very helpful and cares about helping the customer.

Cons

It takes me a bit of time to use the import feature so I am hesitant to use it. It's my issue, but worth noting.

Reasons for Switching to DonorPerfect

I knew that DonorPerfect would provide what the organization was looking for and needed.

Tim from Boys & Girls Clubs of Sarasota and DeSoto Counties

Th review

I like the product & especially the integration with DP Forms Plus & Safe Save

Pros

The ability to quickly record donations as well as the integration with online platform to eliminate prior duplicate processes

Cons

Trying to navigate in order to adjust screen fields is a bit confusing & sometimes doesn't seem to always work

Reasons for Switching to DonorPerfect

Switch was done before I started, told due to pricing

Stacy from Open Arms Mission of Welland Inc

It's full of surprises

Overall, I get excited anytime I learn a new thing on DP. There's so much we can do with the program.

Pros

I like using DP because it has so many ways to track and maintain records. You can have everything in one place.

Cons

We have some major issues with receipting last year.

Reasons for Switching to DonorPerfect

I wasn't part of the team making the decision.

Maria from Archdiocese of Regina

Your life is easier at work with Donor Perfect

I have enjoyed it very much so far. It requires training, but it becomes a handy resource that helps you do your job once you understand it. Sometimes with only a couple of clicks and you will get all the information you need. It has also been vital when submitting reports for auditing and partial/annual reports. It makes my life easier at work. I wouldn't no like to imagine doing all of the work without it. I haven't found time to explore more, for instance, digging about the merchant the system uses for credit cards and debits, the fees per transaction, and if it can be used in different countries beyond the US. It also means that I am not using it at its full capacity.

Pros

DP is a system that provides a wide variety of functions and characteristics that will help any fundraiser or donor coordinator to complement their work. In addition, it is a helpful resource for any organization managing campaigns year per year and tracks and understands how well the organization is doing. In my work, managing different campaigns and using the correct filters to download reports are vital. I've found the default reports in the system very useful, especially those related to metrics (e.g. AFP). It also has provided me with the opportunity to create new ones according to our needs. We are a complex organization, and if I didn't have these tools at hand, I would have to spend many, many hours to complete a job.

Cons

Sometimes I find challenging to find information as I need to look for it with specific terms.

Reasons for Choosing DonorPerfect

I have received information about other systems since I started here four years ago. I have not found any additional features that would make me change of mind. I have what I need and more for delivering results. DP is constantly adapting and creating new features to help you do a better job. It provides constant training and webinars that are important when working on something new or learning a characteristic you haven't used before.

Karen from Newfound Lake Region Association

Happy with DonorPerfect

Overall, it's been much easier to segment our donors and personalize their experience. We feel much more confident using DP than our previous software, because it's easier to pull reports, etc.

Pros

Setting up DP was very easy and we were able to customize several field. The ability "globally update" has proven to be a very useful tool. We like the ability to customize our pages to suit our needs.

Cons

Some of the add-ons are too expensive for our organization to purchase, however, we can see how those tools would be useful, so it's a bit frustrating.

Reasons for Choosing DonorPerfect

Ease of use and years of experience with non-profits.

Reasons for Switching to DonorPerfect

Too complicated and really didn't fit the needs of a non-profit.

Megan from SafeHaven

A good decent fundraising software

Overall, DonorPerfect is a perfectly acceptable fundraising CRM database. My agency used it for over 10 years but we have recently transitioned to a new database (and having all new problems there). When we were smaller and didn't require so much data management this was a wonderful database. But now that we have so many constituents, we track donors, volunteers, inkind donors, customers, memberships and soft credits all while having a very active direct mail calendar. It simply became too much for the system - we needed more automation, more accurate pulling (but now we are finding how much we miss their customizing), a more modernized system for social media platforms and the ability for donors to have their own login access. I'd recommend this software to many agencies. Overall - the support us hands down the best, the product is good and at the end of the day chances are if you don't like something you can change/customize it.

Pros

DonorPerfect has some good capabilities and is highly customizable. The software does a good job of tracking donors and volunteers and a decent job of tracking memberships. It has all of the money (gifts, memberships, in kind donations, soft credits, etc. in one screen that is helpful). It links accounts well. The SofterWare (payment processor) was fair, easy to use and do refunds, and was able to do minimal reporting. WebLinks (donation pages) are fairly customizable, there are certainly more updated looking forms out there but it was a very dependable and we were able to rename headers, and make forms for our unique needs. This is a VERY affordable product (our new one is double the cost) and you get unlimited constituents. The support is available, helpful, timely and great. The chat function was a lifesaver. If ever you were struggling with pulling a report, or how to customize something you could chat and they would tell you how to do it but they'd also just pull the report for you if you were in a time crunch. Their support was the hardest part to leave.

Cons

Our biggest con was reporting. We could run the same report (two different users) and not always get the same results. Each report was off by a few constituents. We left DonorPerfect because of this. When we did our data migration reports there were several constituents that were left off and we had to go back to our new system and manually put them in from DonorPerfect. It was the ultimate reminder that we had outgrown the database. We had DonorPerfect before it was cloud based and it was wonderful for our smaller database but as it grew in size that's when we started to struggle with reporting. Another struggle we had was as we got bigger we needed a more sophisticated stewardship platform for moves management. Bizarrely it didn't feel this was a focus for DonorPerfect, they tout having automatic processes but this wasn't entirely accurate. It was automatic, after you processed or did a few steps.

Jessica from STAGES St. Louis

Industry: Performing Arts

Ideal CRM for Mid-Size Nonprofits

DonorPerfect offers everything we need in a CRM database. The phone app, while not offering everything you get from the full site, is more than sufficient for plugging in to get information on the go.

Pros

Donor Perfect is very user-friendly. The Quickbooks integration is vital. Constant Contact integration is a feature we never knew we needed.

Cons

There are some limitations in reporting that can usually be worked around in some way, but can feel like you're coding more than running reports. That area is less user-friendly for our older employees.

Reasons for Switching to DonorPerfect

We had Raiser's Edge and Financial Edge, with an annual Blackbaud bill in the high tens of thousands. Switching was initially a way to save money, but after converting to DonorPerfect and Quickbooks it's clear that they are both superior softwares for our use. As a mid-size nonprofit, RE and FE now feel like they are more conducive to very large organizations. We just weren't using that much of the software. RE felt dated in its interface and cumbersome to learn/manage. DonorPerfect training was straightforward and the software offers everything we need to manage our database successfully.

Great option for small non profits that want it all!

Overall, I highly recommend Donor Perfect. It's a great system if you want a robust CRM with fundraising capabilities. I thas a lot of the same functionality you would see in larger systems like Razor's Edge, but for a significantly more affordable price point. As someone who helped implement the system, uses it daily as an administrator and user, this is a great system. We have previously used Sage Fundraising 50 and Abila Elevate, so this is a huge step up for us without breaking the bank.

Pros

Donor Perfect has a lot of pros! It's a cloud-based platform so you can access it anywhere, even from your mobile device. There are a lot of add on features available, including ReadySetAuction and Constant Contact so that you can manage events and communications within one system. You have the ability to set up your own giving pages for various events, scholarships, or specific giving appeals (such as Giving Tuesday, Give Big Day, etc.) The reporting feature is extremely robust and can give you pretty much anything you want if you know how to ask for it. Another great feature is data import... if you have monthly payroll donors that may change one or two additions/drop-offs a month but need to regularly import large amounts of data with simply a check number and date change difference from the last import, you can do it all in less than 30 seconds after the initial document is set up. Overall, what I like most about this system is that it's affordable and offers all the bells and whistles that you get with the more expensive softwares, but for significantly less.

Cons

The system can be overwhelming for new users, especially if you don't have the paid support feature or the time to dig through their help pages. There are a lot of add on features, but they all come with a price. It can be pretty expensive for small nonprofits that only have a handful of employees or one or two people that are using the system. Reporting can be complicated and difficult even for experienced users. Events management is extremely difficult and complicated, and lacking a lot of features. We do not use it for events management as a result.

Reasons for Choosing DonorPerfect

Cost couldn't be beat for offering similar capabilities!

Reasons for Switching to DonorPerfect

Abila Elevate was shutting down. We had spent the 6 months prior to their launch integrating data from Sage Fundraising 50, only to be told one month in that Elevate was being shut down. We wanted a company that was affordable and that wouldn't take us 6 more months to roll the data over.

Response from SofterWare

Replied September 2019

Thank you for the great review! I am glad to hear that you would recommend the system. :) Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Sue from AutismUp

Support is Donor Perfect's Hidden Gem

Its been terrific to have all our constituents' contact information in one place, no matter how they became connected with AutismUp. I used to spend days collecting info from various people and files in order to build a mailing list. Now it takes less than 10 minutes to export a mailing list. And its already de-duped because I've used the Duplication Removal feature in Donor Perfect. Having the ability to find (report on) lapsed donors, compare fundraising results from year to year for annual events, and create flags and fields to make any kind of grouping we want is critical, but very difficult and error prone with excel spreadsheets - they way we used to do it. Donor Perfect makes it easy!

Pros

Tech Support is fantastic! Always friendly, helpful, knowledgable. They encourage you to call with any questions, not just problems. The training videos, knowledgebase articles and online community are great for learning, but when you need an answer fast, or can't find the right search term for the knowledgebase, Support will help you learn how to accomplish what you want to do. You can reach them via phone, chat, or email.

Cons

We would love to be able to use DonorPerfect for tasks beyond donor management - for all of our program and event registrations and payments, but need more flexibility in online forms to make that practical.

Reasons for Choosing DonorPerfect

Donor Perfect had the features we needed, was established & highly rated, reasonably priced, and we could get unlimited support easily and at a fairly low price.

Response from SofterWare

Replied August 2019

Sue, Thank you for the great review. I couldn't agree with you more than the Technical Support team is Fantastic. They are always happy to help. Please reach out to the Client Relations Team for questions about other features and add ons for the system. The CRS team can be reached at (800) 200-3537. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Kelly from Kids and Canines

The perfect software for us

Your software provides great insight on donor activity. The reporting makes it easier for me to share with the board our fundraising successes and even areas where we need to focus more efforts.

Pros

DonorPerfect provides for all your donor management needs, at a good a price. I have purchased this software for several of the organizations I have worked for and recommended it to many others I have consulted with over the years. It's easy to use and the company has always been open for client input to help better the product.

Cons

The only concern that I have ... and this is more about me than DonorPerfect .. is that I need to take more tutorials on running some of the more sophisticated reporting options. I can have 99% of my needs met with the standardized reports but every so often I need something a bit more custom. You have great tutorials, I just haven't found the time to go through them ... yet!

Reasons for Choosing DonorPerfect

functionality and costs. I've used both and DonorPerfect exceeds our needs and a lower costs.

Response from SofterWare

Replied May 2019

Kelly, Thank you for the awesome review of DonorPerfect. I am thrilled to read that it is the perfect software for your organization. I love that you continue to recommend DonorPerfect. Its an honor to have such loyal customers like you. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Janette from Covenant Harbor

Great program for donor receipting

I really like the support for this software. They are very responsive when you have a problem and they have a lot of information online so you can look up your own answers and when you want to "dive in" really deep in understanding the program. If you just need to look up how to export information, you can look that up online and follow step by step. You can also customize your export of information so if you only want a name and address, you can get it in the form you want (either in excel or word). You can also add any field to that export that you desire.

Pros

I like that I can add fields on the fly and be able to report on those fields. This is great for tracking anything you want to track with your donors. I love that I can have a multitude of thank you letters ready to merge at the same time. I've worked in software that only allowed a few letters. This way, a thank you letter with receipt at the bottom to a specific campaign can come out in the same batch as a regular thank you letter with receipt. We have total control over the look and feel of our receipt letters. I like that I can use a batch system so I can reconcile with our accountant but you can also enter gifts directly in a person's record if you don't need to track that way. I really love that I can add items to my batch file, like a consent sent in with a gift that we can publish their name. I can also have my batch file come out the way that is most helpful for our organization, and each organization can individualize it as well.

Cons

The first time through running year-end summaries for our donors took a bit of a learning curve to set it up the way we wanted it to display but support was very helpful when I "got stuck". In the few years I've been working in the program, that process has improved.

Response from SofterWare

Replied April 2019

Janette, I love to read that you are taking advantage of so many of the features offered in the system. Receipting Donors quickly is important to keep your Donors loyalty and DonorPerfect has perfected the process! Like you mentioned. a multitude of thank you letters can be created and ready to merge at the same time. Thank you for the great review! Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Donor Perfect Review

I don't think we did a great job of tracking donor retention rates or lapsed donors before. Now with DP we are easily able to run the reports and be more proactive with those individuals.

Pros

I like that it is incredibly user friendly and easy to learn. It's incredibly helpful when volunteers are helping or new people come on board. I also love the ease of pulling reports. They have so many prebuilt reports to chose from by I can also quickly and easily create my own and even better I can edit it if I don't get it right the first time. I'm constantly learning new tricks and tools as I gain confidence with the system and as our needs change as an organization. We've had the system for a little over two years and last year I didn't know I could easily generate different data and charts for our Annual Report, learning that made life so much easier. I also have to rave about the support team because so often I feel like I am calling with a basic or dumb question but they are always nice, walk me through it and then send a follow up email with the instructions in case I forget. They are so kind and patient!

Cons

It's never that I don't like the system but more than I have to learn how to get it to do what I need. My brain thinks it should work one way but they have the system programmed to operate another. It's more just spending time in the system and learning all the different ways it works and can work for you. One thing that drives me out is when it logs me out. If I've been out of the program for a little bit I can understand, it's frustrating but I do understand. What I don't understand is when I'll literally be in the middle of entering a gift or something and it will log me out, forcing me to start over. Not the worst thing in the world but still vexing at times. I also wish that the Company Name & the individuals Last Name didn't pull from the same data point so it was a little easier to run mail lists but I've found workarounds in excel once the report is pulled.

Response from SofterWare

Replied April 2019

Thank you for taking your time to write a review of DonorPerfect. I am glad to read you are enjoying using the system and all the different ways it has benefited your organization. The support team is always happy to help and I am glad to read about your wonderful experience when speaking the support team. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Michelle from Resurrection Catholic Missions

Awesome Support Staff

There are several features that are very useful to our organization but I would say that one of the most helpful is the ability to compare giving levels over a multi-year period. Another feature that we used for the first time last year was the Event Manager feature to track expenses, income, attendees and overall profit for our annual fundraising gala. That made reporting a breeze. In the past we tracked this information through a spreadsheet with quite complicated formulae. With DP Event Manager all we had do was plug in the information.

Pros

Our organization has been using DonorPerfect for about 15 years. It is generally user-friendly and serves our needs well. We converted from the desktop model to the online model about three years ago and had a very good experience with the conversion. We have the Premium level of support and the staff are always knowledgeable and have, without exception, been able to help me with any problem I have encountered.

Cons

One issue I have with this software is when I need to send a notification to a recipient for a donation made in memory/honor of them or a loved one. At the present time, there is not the ability to create an instant merge. The process to create the notification is cumbersome and the steps are not easy to remember for staff members.

Response from SofterWare

Replied March 2019

Michelle, Thank you for the Awesome Review. Our Support Staff is knowledgeable and happy to help! I am glad to read how Events Management has made keeping track of data and reporting on your event easy. Many features you see in DonorPerfect come from Suggest and Vote. I would be happy to speak to you about your suggestion for notifications. I can be reached at (800) 220-3537. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Amy from Warm Hearth Foundation

Look no further than DonorPerfect!

Overall, I can't imagine another fundraising software being any better than DonorPerfect. The donor records management and reporting functions are very user-friendly and the logical manner by which they are organized and laid out on the website are big time-savers. DonorPerfect is a huge asset to our development team!

Pros

DonorPerfect is perfect for all my organization's software and database needs relating to fundraising. My absolute favorite thing about DonorPerfect is the excellent customer service I receive each and every time I reach out. I am sometimes asked to provide data that I'm not sure how to obtain in a time-effective manner. It literally takes a quick phone call or even an online chat session with a DonorPerfect rep for me to find a report that will work to get me the information I need. I am always amazed at how well the DonorPerfect customer service folks know the software, and the ease at which they are able to share its capabilities. I have never had to wait for a solution or an answer to my questions. That is so valuable for me, someone whose greatest challenge is not having enough hours in the day! One of the other pros at the top of my list is the user-friendly interface of DonorPerfect. If you have even a little computer knowledge and experience, DonorPerfect is very easy to use. Everything is laid out and organized in a logical manner, which saves the time and frustration of not being able to find a simple function.

Cons

I can honestly say I have not had any negative experiences with DonorPerfect. There are tiny things such as the scope of searching records that I might like to see changed, but at the end of the day, they're not really consequential. (Example: If an individual record is entered as John H. Smith, but I search for that record with the terms "John Smith", the record I'm looking for may not pop up. Broadening the search to "Smith" however, would allow me to find the record.)

Response from SofterWare

Replied December 2018

Amy, I am thrilled to read about the value you are finding in using DonorPerfect! You made my day with the title of the review : Look no further than DonorPerfect!. I am delighted to hear you think the system is user friendly, and agree that our Support Team is outstanding! Thank you for the amazing review. Regards, Ellen Molon,Client Relations Specialist

Kristina from Millcreek Education Foundation

Perfect for small organizations with few staff and minimal amount of active donors.

I have set up a number of non-profits with Donor Perfect. It is a great program for non-profits, particularly those with minimal funds, small staff, and new fundraisers. I have worked with organizations that fit every part of the spectrum. My current organization benefits from the data that I am able to retrieve about individuals, gifts, history... There are so many advantages to building relationships but also the ability to have data and notes that is easily retrieved and instrumental in the smooth transition of development staff attrition.

Pros

The cost is the most attractive part of Donor Perfect. For small organizations needing a database to get prospects and current donor information in one place for importing and exporting, this program is ideal. Having something inexpensive and yet widely used in our community of nonprofits, had definite advantages. There are many features of large software organizations that makes it a great deal and the add-ons are reasonable once your organization is able to take the next step.

Cons

Troubleshooting seems to be a challenge at times. Some areas you can "hover" over and figure out what the feature is or data that is expected to go in or how to use it - but it is not always clear. Unfortunately, nonprofit database information is not unique and from one software to the next, there is a learning curve for where you put what.

Response from SofterWare

Replied July 2018

Thank you Kristina for taking the time to review DonorPerfect. The system is designed to be flexible for non profits of all size and can be customized to an organization's needs. As you mentioned, there is a learning curve when using a new system, we have you covered with a phenomenal support department, webinars, and training department. I am glad to hear you are finding the advanced reporting system and notes section in the donors records instrumental to your organization's success. Fundraising is all about relationships and DonorPerfect is a major component in helping organizations reach their fundraising goals. There is a Community Site meant to connect users near and far. DonorPerfect was in the NTEN Report for offering top-rated features and functionality at the lowest price.

David from IF Creative

A Robust System for the full-time nonprofit

Donor Perfect is on par with some of the top CRM programs for the nonprofit at a price point that is affordable. The training modules online are great resources and their support is top notch. I have implemented DP from the bottom up and the process was seamless and helped us create a great cultivation program. This is a system that requires maintenance and good input practices. I would place this at the advanced/intermediate level and recommend it for a NPO with a full-time development staff. If you are looking for a robust, trustworthy and scalable system this is it but be prepared to dig in deep to the training modules and in the end your fundraising programs will benefit.

Pros

Donor Perfect is one of the mainstays in nonprofit donor/constituent management and there is a reason for their longevity. This is a robust system that is more complex than some of the newer entries into the market that tout cloud, ease of use and a free website builder. I have always thought that the gimmicky add ons is kind of like a realtor staging a home and putting potted plants on warped areas of the floor so you can't see them. With Donor Perfect, no frills just serious computing and data mining power. Standing out is their quest to stay relevant and they are continuously updating their software with the latest proven trends in the CRM space and have done a wonderful job with their updates. You can manage the full life cycle of a donor using this one system, create web forms for online donation gathering, mobile fundraising capabilities and full integration with QBO and other financial programs.Their support is outstanding and very responsive and they also offer free one and one training as part of the support package. I actually had a staff workshop day for training and they had a trainer come on a web conference and she trained our staff. It was amazing.

Cons

The system is a true CRM style system and there is a learning curve so be prepared to get the training you need to be able to train staff. It is worth the investment and will benefit your revenue goals to use the system fully. One area that always was a point of initial frustration was report generation. It took me a while to fully grasp the reporting.

June 2013

Cecil from Palmetto Animal Assisted Life Services (PAALS)

DPO Has Made Tracking and Contacting Donors Much Easier

PAALS is a small non-profit (around 200K in annual revenue and less than five employees). We have found DPO to be a very large help in managing our charity by allowing us to track all of our pertinenent information in one place that is accessible anywhere. The information in DPO used to be on several dozen spreadsheets or in QuickBooks. Duplication of data was everywhere (particularly email addresses) and no one really knew which was correct. Simply eliminating all the duplicates and multiple lists has saved us quite a bit of time and money. I have used Softerware's telephone, email and online chat support. In all cases the support personnel were knowledgeable and helped resolve my problem or answer my questions -- usually in minutes I would highly recommend DPO for any non-profit that wants to grow their donor base and/or who wants to get their data organized.

Pros

DPO is in the "cloud" which means PAALS volunteers and staff can work with it wherever they using just a web browser. Also, the DP mobile app makes it very easy to access donor information wherever you are. DPO has almost unlimited flexibility to add new fields and configure screen design. PAALS is using DPO not only to track Donor information, but also to track information about the dogs we have in training, about our clients who have or are waiting on a service dog and about our hundred plus volunteers. And the custom report writer allows us to create reports for almost any purpose we need. The optional WebLink Pro module has allowed us to create web pages quickly and easily to process event registrations and single or recurring donations. These are easily integrated into our existing website. The donation and donor information is automatically integrated into DPO saving much repetitive data entry. DPO also has automated interfaces to Quickbooks and Constant Contact.

Cons

The event management module as currently implemented is somewhat cumbersome and is not integrated with WebLink. However, Softerware has posted that the next update will address some of these issues. Softerware does not have an alliance with PayPal. Thus we are unable to include an option to for donors to contribute via PayPal on our Weblink forms. So we have to maintain a separate set of forms on our website for people who want to use PayPal. The DP mobile application does not use the customized screens that are shown in DPO. It currently has a generic interface which makes information appear in different place/order than what a user sees online. Also, DP Mobile does not hide fields which have been marked hidden in the online version. Thus DP mobile, while useful, is much less usable than it could be.

Surprisingly Powerful

When I first joined the organization, they had been entering certain data for years but had no idea how to report on it. This was a great starting place to learn the power of the reporting feature. We also began to use Donor Perfect to track moves management and major donors, and I constantly used the platform.

Pros

After some experiential learning, I was able to capture and easily report on so much data, which made my overall fundraising and communications easier (though it never feels easy at the time). The custom fields and reporting stand out as some of the features I used the most. I was able to add up tax-deductible amounts from certain donation periods and have them reported on the donor demographic form, so I was easily able to see and report on certain specific tax credits. The general reports, from cash flow, to average gift amounts and every possible AFP fundraising metric we such as blessing - and something I miss now that I am at a new org with a different database.

Cons

While I could do donation processing through Donor Perfect, and embed the form on the page, at the time, the form was a little rough around the edges. I could match colors, but that was about it. Perhaps now there is a CSS you can paste to make it a little more seamless. It should be noted that this is a problem with a lot of donation processing pages with different database companies, in my experience.

Response from SofterWare

Replied September 2019

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of DonorPerfect. It's great to read all the wonderful things you say about the system. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Jessica from Woodhaven

DonorPerfect is the way to go!

Overall, DonorPerfect saves our organization money by providing us the tools to maintain donor retention, thank donors in a timely-manner, and it has made event management easier by providing tools like online forms to help.

Pros

We have been using DonorPerfect for many years to track our donor’s giving. The cloud interface allows updates to the software overnight and when you get back to work the next morning there are new and improved features. The amount of information you can pull for reports is incredible. Anything you enter into DP can be pulled in some report. There is a DonorPerfect Community where you can go to ask other users questions and get helpful tips and tricks for running reports, using DP Mobile, and much more. If you can’t find what you need within the Community pages, then you can always call DP customer support to speak to trained tech support. Customer support answers quickly and will email you a summary of your call when you are finished. You can keep the instructions to refer back to in the future. Chat Support that is also helpful for quick questions.

Cons

When a tribute/memorial gift is made online and the donor lists the recipient's name differently than how it appears in DP, DonorPerfect will create a whole new tribute instead of allowing the user to select the already existing tribute. When this occurs, you end up with multiple tributes for the same person, the only difference is maybe one shows the middle name and the other does not.

Chelsea from Pearl Buck Center

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Powerful, Multi-functional Software for Donor Data Management

DonorPerfect helps us to keep track of all of our donors in one consolidated place, shared with the entire fundraising team. It helps us track important metrics to keep us on track toward our overall fundraising goals. With 65+ years of donor history, DonorPerfect has proved essential in keeping strong records of who has a relationship with our organization and what that relationship has looked like over the years.

Pros

DonorPerfect is the only tool we use to keep records of our donors and donations. The interface is fairly intuitive and user friendly, with some of the most helpful tools being the easiest to find. DonorPerfect is a powerful tool, which means training is required to understand how to best use some of its features. The biggest “problem” we’ve had with it so far is that it is capable of far more than we use it for. For donor data and management, tracking donations, and even tracking your cultivation efforts with donors, I can’t imagine any software that would be better. Customer support is excellent, whether through chat or on the phone, and we are always receiving invitations to webinars or free user guides to help us do better at fundraising. The pitch for how DonorPerfect can help you even more is there, but it is not the main point of these resources, and that feels good.

Cons

Running reports has been a challenge for my team, which is self-taught on that function of the software. Between search parameters and selection filters, it has taken us a long time to figure out how to get a report that reflects the parameters we want. In a way, this downside is also a testament to how powerful the software is, because it can run a report on a countless arrangement of parameters.

Response from SofterWare

Replied July 2019

Chelsea, Its great to read how much you like using DonorPerfect! The Support Team is always happy to help. :) Thank you for taking the great review! Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Thomas from Gospel Center Rescue Mission

Powerful yet easy touse!

The tech support is world championship level!

Pros

Over the years I have used a plethora of software. What makes DP the winner is how easy it is to customize the screens for various types of roles the various users may have.

Cons

To be brutally honest, there is a very steep learning curve. The youTube page has great tutorials and the DP User Community is a great resoirce

Reasons for Choosing DonorPerfect

Salesforce was not very knowledgeable about their own product.

Reasons for Switching to DonorPerfect

The executives made a financial move. BB was not user customizable.

Serena from YMCA of Saskatoon

Time to Pay only for what you need to get started and then grow!

I like to share this with those who let me talk about DP experience is. Our previous software was "alright" but it would have cost almost $3k for training (as I was new to the role) and I had to speak the software language. With DP it is easy and intuitive and free training is ALWAYS available via webinars (which were very similar to my in-depth personal training). DP versus other higher-cost versions of donor platforms is what Windows was to DOS. DP is easy to use, learn and navigate - the key to more people using it to have a good system.

Pros

Ease of intergration. Ease of showing others how to use, not annual contracts, always access to support via chat (which is awesome btw) and most importantly training videos/webinars that don't require a university degree to understand (which means more people use the system!)

Cons

Things that you don't realize you want, do come at additional cost. Examples are OnlineForms PLUS and Smart Automations. Found out about these from webinars AFTER our purchase. We have started to be really "efficient" with our system and are doing more, which means more additional costs which can add up (so maybe more combined add-on packages could be developed?)

Reasons for Switching to DonorPerfect

Needed more cost efficiency and something that could be used by more than one person and those with limited computer skills.

Marci from NA'AMAT USA - CLEVELAND COUNCIL

We LOVE DonorPerfect!

We use DonorPerfect to track everything. The reports are most helpful.

Pros

I have used DonorPerfect at two organizations and have been very happy! Having a 14 year old database program at my previous organization, my job was to research and find a new program for us. I looked at everything and decided on DonorPerfect. It wasn't the Cadillac (we couldn't afford) or the Yugo (we needed more power), but it was "just right"! When I moved to my new position in a new organization, there was no database - everything had been tallied on separate spreadsheets. The decision was easy and we purchased DonorPerfect. We haven't looked back!

Cons

Custom reports took a little while to conquer, but it's smooth sailing now.

Reasons for Switching to DonorPerfect

Sage was 14 years old and the data was not dependable.

Response from SofterWare

Replied September 2019

Marci, I am thrilled to hear that NA'AMAT USA loves DonorPerfect! :) Thank you for the great review!!!! Regards, Ellen Molon. Client Relations Specialist

Jason from Healing Action

Donor Perfect Works for Us!

We have been able to manage our information in an organized way since transitioning from a basic CRM to Donor Perfect.

Pros

Donor Perfect is incredibly easy to use, and if we don't know how to use function, customer support is top tier. We utilize Donor Perfect to manage our donors, contacts and reporting.

Cons

Reporting took some time to figure out, but customer support was very supportive.

Pricing, ease of use.

Overall usability.

Dawn from Pines of Sarasota Foundation

Great Value and Easy to Onboard and Navigate

I came to be a DonorPerfect user after being a 7 year, salesforce.com user/administrator (enterprise edition). That being said, I have found DP to be user friendly, intuitive, and easily modified. It is reliable and very affordable. Tech support is superior and I love the user input in implemented updates.

Pros

I believe that DP is very functional and user friendly for the non-profit organization. The application is not overly robust or full of unnecessary functionality. It performs in the functions that are necessary for recording and reporting (and much more) without having to wade through a ton of features that are superfluous. Additionally, there has been very, very little downtime due to system outages, updates, and the like. Finally, I have never had a better tech support experience in the CRM industry. Every chat, call or email is responded to almost immediately, with courtesy, professionalism, and best of all, knowledgable solutions.

Cons

I would like the screens to be customizable at a user level, as each team member has their own needs from the application. At this point any changes to screen "view" are at an organizational level, therefore, we must all come to a consensus on the best screen views for the whole team. Additionally, I would like the dashboard reports to be customizable to display the information important to each user's role.

Susan from Byrd Theatre Foundation

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

DonorPerfect is essential to my job.

Our organization is growing and we need reliable donor reporting and communications. Good software like DonorPerfect is a necessity. I look forward to using more features as our donor base expands.

Pros

I like the ease of use with DonorPerfect. It is a good value compared to other software. It is a good fit for the size of our organization. I haven't taken advantage of it yet, but I plan to use the connections they have with Constant Contact and Agile Ticketing. I think what I like best is the support. It is a must if you do a lot of reports and lists. I could not respond to the request I get without the friendly and helpful DonorPerfect phone support. Well worth the extra cost!

Cons

I would like DonorPerfect have a better search as I have to spell the name correctly in order for it to come up. It would be nice if the search brought up results that were close instead of exact. I tend to use phone support a lot for reports and lists. I don't know if it's me or if the system is not commonsensical or there are not enough stock reports.

Response from SofterWare

Replied April 2019

Suan, Thank you for the wonderful review.. I am glad to hear you are finding DonorPerfect easy to use. Our support team is very knowledgeable and happy to help with report questions. We partner with and have integrations available for many different software packages. Our partners can be found at dpconnect.com. We look forward to working with you and your organization for many years! Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Kathy from Auburn Homes & Services

Thanks DonorPerfect

Pros

The features that I find most impactful are the reports that are available in DonorPerfect. It is so easy to run reports on almost anything that can be found in a donor file. Sometimes, if my report is not something that is in a DonorPerfect template, then I may have to call support. They are always very helpful.

Cons

One aspect of the software that makes it a little difficult to use are the phrasings that are used as descriptors. Sometimes they are not common phrases or mean one thing to the software designer but something different to the actual user. DonorPerfect does try to update these things, however, when brought to their attention by users.

Reasons for Switching to DonorPerfect

Raiser's Edge was very complicated and expensive. DonorPerfect can do all the same things and is easier to use. It is also less expensive than Raiser's Edge.

The reality

1. If my org is going to spend the money on this tool, then I'm going to exploit it to the value of our investment. Therefore, everyone I connect with at DP is on board to make sure I get that value and has been great. 2. My experience also includes the staff at this organization and their responses. They are continually amazed I can get the software to actually help us raise funds, as opposed simply putting up with the database system they have always had which no one has really used or wanted to learn to use. 3. I've sold and implemented a version of this type of software. I knew the original owner of this software (when it was based in San Diego) and I've known about it - or interacted around it - for the last 20 years. I am impressed with the additions and flexibility in functionality as the world has been turned upside down by the net. It actually has gotten easier to handle and manage.

Pros

It works as described. It's flexible, so I can tailor it to our work flow/process. It gets the job done.

Cons

It's a little... janky looking... like - in we're-so-cutting-edge-we-dont-waste-your-money-on-unproductive-things-like-screen-and-user-eye-flow-design. It just looks like my uncle's work-around software for raising money.

Response from SofterWare

Replied May 2019

Thank you for "The reality" about DonorPerfect. I am glad to hear that we have impressed you with the changes we have recently made to the system. Our clients have a big influence on changes that you are seeing. Many of the ideas that DonorPerfect Users enter into Suggest and Vote become part of the system. :) Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Ashley from CERT International

Some many useful tools!

This has allowed us to broaden our giving. We are able to make very targeted reports for mailings that have helped us strategically reach out to certain sets of donors and team members.

Pros

Our organization uses DP every day and it is a vital part of how we are able to keep track of donations, donors, team members, etc. It helps us maintain an up to date mailing list. It has so many features that we are able to access, ie. it links to Constant Contact, it provides some amazing reports. I love the Dashboard feature because it allows for a view of the organization as a whole for what has been processed as gifts but it also give a "my dashboard" option that allows for a view of what I have put in the system. It makes for looking things up a breeze! We use this to keep track of who has gone on what trips, and it has seriously made our work lives so much easier.

Cons

When I first came on to work for the organization I wasn't able to train with the software to see its full potential, it wasn't until we attended a seminar hosted by DP that I was able to see the magnitude that this software provides.

Response from SofterWare

Replied September 2019

Hi Ashley, Thank you for the awesome review !!! It's great to hear that your organization is using many of the different features available in DonorPerfect. Glad that it has made your lives easier. :) Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Susan from Birmingham Boys Choir

June 2013

Birmingham Boys Choir Recommends Donor Perfect Online!

I would wholeheartedly recommend DPO to any organization requiring donor management software. After spending hours generating reports for the development folks from an Excel spreadsheet with 1500 donors, I have truly enjoyed learning how to generate different reports with DPO....in a fraction of the time it had taken previously. We have had many tributes given recently, and it is with such ease that tributes may be added, a gift linked to that tribute, and a notification generated for the person to be contacted. When corporations purchase sponsorships for our annual gala, I can link the corporate sponsor to the person within our non-profit organization who secured the sponsorship-no more guesswork! I am sure there are features I have yet to discover and utilize to their fullest extent, but we are most pleased with DPO. Pricing is competitive, one does not have to be a computer genius in order to use the system, and all the help one needs is readily available.

Pros

From my very first conversation with the regional account manager to which I was assigned through the decision to purchase DPO, my experience has been an extremely positive one. I had spent a great deal of time researching donor management systems and had narrowed the field down to three: DonorPerfect, E-Tapestry, and GiftWorks. GiftWorks did not have the functionality that we required, so I eliminated it early on. After working with both E-Tapestry and Donor Perfect on a free trial basis, I found the "intuitiveness" of DPO to be the selling point for me. In addition, I know this will sound silly to many, but the fact that there is so much color in the DPO system was a huge plus in favor of this product. Since I spend a great deal of time using the system, ANY color other than black, white and grey helps my eyes, and seems to make data entry a more positive experience. Both our immediate and future needs will be easily met by DPO, and customer support is superb.

Cons

If anything could be changed, I would prefer that DPO have their own payment processing system. Currently, DPO's payment processing is done through Mercury Payment Systems. While we have not encountered any difficulty using a separate entity for payment processing (we've had a similar system in the past), our webmaster would prefer DonorPerfect to process online payments as opposed to going through another entity such as Mercury Payment Processing.

Anne from California CASA

Excellent donor management software for a small organization

Our experience has been excellent overall.

Pros

DonorPerfect replaced an old version of Salesforce, and it is night and day in terms of functionality, user interface, and benefit to our organization.

Cons

We are still figuring out some of the reporting functions and it would be nice if there was a greater variety of "canned" reports that could be modified.

Reasons for Choosing DonorPerfect

Functionality, price, support, and the long experience of DonorPerfect in terms of small nonprofit organizations.

Reasons for Switching to DonorPerfect

We were not getting what we needed from the platform; not a good design for nonprofit fundraising -- it is more for for-profit sales management.

Christy from MAOZ Israel Ministries

Happy Camper!

We began using Donor Perfect when we were small—about 8,000 records. Today, after growing to over 30,000 with Donor Perfect, we are STILL using it, and it continues to meet our daily needs. Last year we incorporated Constant Contact for our eblast communications, and have never looked back. I recommend Donor Perfect to my friends in the non-profit world every chance I get—and they have become “raving fans” as well. The product, the support, the price…all get 5 stars from us!

Pros

It helped us grow from 8,000 users to 30,000 users. Growth!

Cons

Making the change a few years ago from the offine product to the online product was a bit scary, but the transition was seamless.

Cost...user friendliness...support...reputation of company

Response from SofterWare

Replied November 2019

Christy, It's great to hear how much you love DonorPerfect. Thank you for referring us to your friends in the non-profit industry! :) Regards, Ellen Molon< Client Relations Specialist

Susan from Cornerstone Assistance Network

A non-profit must have!

The record keeping features of Donor Perfect allow me to look at who is giving and when and whom I may need to reach out to that have not donated in a while. It allows me to look at trends and time frames more people are apt to give and see what programs need more targeting for reaching out to people to give to. Increase funding is possible if I know who my target audience is and which program is lacking in funding.

Pros

Donor Perfect is the "PERFECT" tool for keeping records of all donors and gifts as well as contact information. The ability to keep track of contacts made to each donor along with the promptings are a sure way to keep on top of making the necessary follow up a breeze.

Cons

When I am in the middle of making follow up calls to donors, I would like the screen to not time out so quickly from one search to the next. If I am on the phone thanking a donor and looking at the information on the screen at the same time, it usually times out on me and i have to log in all over again. Not efficient.

Response from SofterWare

Replied February 2019

Susan, Thank you for taking your time to complete the survey on DonorPerfect. I am glad to hear you that DonorPerfect is "PERFECT" for keeping track of your donors, gifts and contacts you make with the donors. The Support Team is always happy to help with questions with the system. Please contact the team so they can look into the issue you mentioned about timing out. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Database Management Has Never Been Easier!

DonorPerfect has made it much easier to track our donors' interest so we can better target them for donations, whether it be for gifts around certain times of the year or planned giving. We can keep track of how they like to be contacted and cater to that form of communication. It's made not only recording the donations, but even getting them, a much easier process.

Pros

This software is extremely user friendly and very intuitive. Creating new records is quick and easy, plus the ability to save filters (both single and compound) makes running queries multiple times a snap. The verbiage when entering donor data is very clear and can be customized to fit any organization's needs.

Cons

There are times when the wording isn't exactly clear when trying to create a query (or there's some confusion as to how to get the specific query results you're looking for), but the customer service chats are very helpful in figuring out what the problem/miscommunication is. Additionally, the biggest issue we have is that it doesn't catch duplicates if there are tiny differences, such as 214 W 3rd St versus 214 West 3rd St (which can be corrected if you use best practices when entering your information).

Response from SofterWare

Replied April 2019

Thank you for the great review of DonorPerfect. I love he title to your review, Database Management Has Never Been Easier I am glad to hear that the system has made it easier for your organization to track your donors interests and target them for donations. Our support team is always here to help if you have any questions. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Amy from Girl Scouts of Southern Nevada

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Robust donor management!

Overall, DonorPerfect has helped our organization re-vamp the processes and structures around our donor management.

Pros

I love how customizable and robust the screens and reporting are in DonorPerfect. With Screen Designer, I am able to create the exact data entry screens that work best for our organization. We decide what information we want to capture, how to capture it, and how to report on it. SmartAnalytics and Easy Reports are just what I need to pull the data exactly how my board and CEO want to see it - PLUS, it is easy enough to use for a non-IT person to understand.

Cons

My least favorite feature is the event management add-on. Unfortunately, it is not ideal for our use to facilitate an 800-person gala with a raffle, silent auction, live auction, ticket sales, and very specific and irregular seating arrangements and payments. However, I was able to import our gala data from another software pretty easily with the import feature.

Response from SofterWare

Replied October 2018

Thank you Amy for the terrific review. Glad to hear you love Screen Designer and the Reporting functions. I have asked your Client Account Manager to send you information on ReadySetAuction, ReadySetAuciton is an auction software that integrates with DonorPerfect and would save you time from having to import data.I think you will like ReadySetAuction! Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Jodi from Boys & Girls Clubs of Story County

Extensive Reporting Options

Again, the reporting is wonderful. It has allowed me to give our board and other staff members a clear picture of funds raised, where those funds are coming from and what they are supporting.

Pros

I do need to clarify that I have only been using DP since January of this year and the only training I have done has been online or self-taught. That being said, I have been very happy with the extent of reporting that is available. Once you figure out how to accurately record your data in DP, learning the reporting system is fairly self-explanatory. If you can't figure it out - customer support is always very responsive and happy to help!

Cons

The recommended way to enter couples is with one record. The way DP is set-up, this is the best practice to use. Having had experience with other systems, the best way to enter couples is to give each individual a record and then link them so giving, contacts, etc. are shared between the two donors. From what I have seen so far, the linking of records in DP isn't set-up to do this. This is unfortunate, because it makes separating donors, setting flags for each individual or pulling information as an individuals versus a couple not possible.

Response from SofterWare

Replied October 2018

Jodi, Thank you for your DonorPerfect Review. I am glad to hear you are finding navigating through DonorPerfect easy and are using the many reports available in the system. SofterWare is listening and I apologize that you aren't finding the linking of records to be efficient. We would love to have some feedback from you from you in a Focus Group, Usability or Beta Test. If you would like to participate please contact the Client Relations Specialists at (800) 220-3537. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Brett from Seniors Services Society

DonorPerfect for the Smaller Non-Profit

I highly, highly recommend, DonorPerfect, and am currently attempting to have my present employer switch to it from a far less intuitive donor database. I honestly cannot sing the praises of DonorPerfect enough. It is a donor database designed by fundraisers, who continuously accept input from other fundraisers.

Pros

There is so much to love about DonorPerfect. After 10 years in professional fundraising, working with everything from the most-known donor database to numerous smaller ones, DonorPerfect really is perfect. It's extremely intuitive, and extremely customisable. During my training, I was actually jumping ahead of my trainer, and ended up not using a full two hours of the training DonorPerfect provides. Furthermore, I was able to quickly and easily train others on how to use the database.

Cons

There was one quirk around using Tab, where it would skip a field near the top of the main Constituent page, then jump back up to it. I never did figure out how to work around that issue.

Response from SofterWare

Replied November 2018

Thank you Brett for the awesome review of DonorPerfect. I am glad to hear how easy you found the system to learn. The Technical Support Department is available to assist with any questions you may have when working in the system. Please reach out to them about they issue you are experiencing when using the Tab key. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Kelly from The Forsaken Children

Great Donor Management

Pros

We have previously worked with two other donor management systems and neither were as user friendly as Donor Perfect. We love how easy it is to navigate through the site. We feel like we get an incredible value for what we pay.

Cons

Just like any new site, it can be a little overwhelming when you first start out. There are so many features that we don't even use, so that can be a little much. I am still trying to find out info about some areas I do not understand.

Reasons for Switching to DonorPerfect

Bloomerang was behind on a lot of updates. Did not give a "Donor Cover the Cost" option.

Response from SofterWare

Replied September 2019

Thank you for the great review of DonorPerfect, Kelly. I love your Review Title, " Great Donor Management"! Best, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Krunoslav from UNICEF

Review by kivandic

It is good, fast, reliable, easy to maintain and regional customize. Easy to add fields, calculations, or maintain. Really good multipurpose tool. I enjoy working with DPO every day.

Pros

Segmentation is most important feature. This let us easily segment all specific sets that we need. Second, reporting on dashboard is very useful tool to monitor results.

Cons

Personally, I would like to have possibility to have our regional ZIP code list, like we have in DPW. Also, it would be nice to have some table that when we need some sets, we can join some tables with reports, or maintenance data little bit easier. Like small SQL editor.

Reasons for Choosing DonorPerfect

It is customized for UNICEF.

Reasons for Switching to DonorPerfect

Europian standard changes, GDPR, Security, Stability.

Robert from Rocky Mountain Lions Eye Bank

Great product, not so great communication

We like the software but have not been pleased with the company communication, particularly surrounding features an billing issues.

Pros

The interface is easy to use and intuitive. The reporting features are robust. Added options allow you to take online contributions with automatic download, which is very useful.

Cons

There's little we dislike. We have noticed that the communication from the company is lacking. For example, plans, pricing and features change without any communication. We paid for a year of the separate auction software just two months prior to renewal of our plan, only to find out that our plan now included the auction software. The company refused to credit us the 10 months. We will look at other options as a result. Had we known plans and service options had changed, we'd have waited. They just don't communicate.

Response from SofterWare

Replied January 2019

Thank you Robert for taking your time to complete a review on DonorPerfect. I am thrilled to hear you're finding the interface easy to use and intuitive, I have reviewed your account and see that you and your sales account manager are working through your concerns about the pricing. If you ever have questions or concerns about your system or service please contact the Client Relations Specialists at (800) 220-3537. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Kristina from Putnam Community Action Partnership, Westcop

We love Donor Perfect!

We love how we are able to really track our donors and their contributions and customize areas of Donor Perfect for our needs. The reports we generate always look great printed and are so clear and concise. And very importantly, the customer service has been so helpful every single time I've had to call them. The customer service/support is hands down the best I have dealt with. Keep up all the great service!! It is much appreciated!

Pros

This software is perfect for our non-profit. The ease of use and abilities to generate all kinds of reports is so helpful. We are constantly learning new things that we can do. To date, we are very happy with all of the updates. The new Donor screen that shows how long they have been a donor is a great addition. The receipting function and filters have been so useful and we use it every month for letters and emails. And the reports that we can pull are great as well and look nice printed too.

Cons

At this moment, I honestly can't think of an area that is proving bothersome to us.

Response from SofterWare

Replied April 2019

Kristina, I am so glad you love DonorPerfect and find it easy to use! Also, ecstatic to read your comment about the support team. I agree with you that they are hands down the best out there! Thank you for the awesome review! :) Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Melanie from Visual Arts Center of NJ

Excellent Donor Management for Mid-Size Nonprofits

DonorPerfect has served my mid-size nonprofit for many years. It is a great way to track volunteers, members, and donors of all sizes. You can track donations, visits, and personal information for each vendor. There is also a lot of customization options for specific requirements your nonprofit might need. Overall, we've been very happy with the flexibility and functionality of DonorPerfect for our donor management needs.

Pros

DonorPerfect offers a lot of flexibility for mid-size nonprofits. It is a strong donor system that can be specialized for specific needs a non-profit might be facing. Also, our organization has used DonorPerfect for many years, so we've been able to grow with it, and have historic data that allows us to understand long-term donor trends.

Cons

Reports are fairly complicated and require some training to use well. Fortunately, customer service is very responsive in helping staff figure out new report requirements.

Response from SofterWare

Replied March 2019

Melanie, Thank you for the wonderful review. I love your review title, : Excellent Donor Management". There are many wonderful features in DonorPerfect and I am thrilled to hear you are using so many of them. The support team is always happy to help with any questions our users may have when using DonorPerfect. Thank you for being a valued client . Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Sharlette from Teen Line

Industry: Mental Health Care

Donor Perfect Improvements

My experience has been great. If I have any issues then customer service or the knowledge base is there to help.

Pros

Donor Perfect does a great job at improving software features that I need and didn't know that I needed. I appreciate that they are constantly listening to users and implementing features that can make our lives easier.

Cons

I wish there was a feature to stop duplicate names from forming from donor entered donations. For example, if you enter your name as "Beyonce Knowles" and there is already a donor name "Beyonce Knowles Carter and Sean Carter" then I want donors to select the already existing name instead of creating a new donor.

Reasons for Choosing DonorPerfect

It was recommended by a board member