All DonorPerfect Reviews

Used unspecified

Reviewed April 2024

DonorPerfect Review: Worth the Investment!

Brett

Fund-Raising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2018

DonorPerfect for the Smaller Non-Profit

I highly, highly recommend, DonorPerfect, and am currently attempting to have my present employer switch to it from a far less intuitive donor database. I honestly cannot sing the praises of DonorPerfect enough. It is a donor database designed by fundraisers, who continuously accept input from other fundraisers.

PROS

There is so much to love about DonorPerfect. After 10 years in professional fundraising, working with everything from the most-known donor database to numerous smaller ones, DonorPerfect really is perfect. It's extremely intuitive, and extremely customisable. During my training, I was actually jumping ahead of my trainer, and ended up not using a full two hours of the training DonorPerfect provides. Furthermore, I was able to quickly and easily train others on how to use the database.

CONS

There was one quirk around using Tab, where it would skip a field near the top of the main Constituent page, then jump back up to it. I never did figure out how to work around that issue.

Thank you Brett for the awesome review of DonorPerfect. I am glad to hear how easy you found the system to learn. The Technical Support Department is available to assist with any questions you may have when working in the system. Please reach out to them about they issue you are experiencing when using the Tab key. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Replied November 2018

Liam

Individual & Family Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2023

A Really Good System with Some Frustrating Flaws and Excellent Customer Service

Overall, my experience has been pretty great. I use DonorPerfect on a daily basis and generally really feel great about how it works given the needs of my organization. I'm able to stay on top of donations and easily create acknowledgement and tax letters as needed, and run all kinds of reports.

PROS

I love how dynamic the structure of DonorPerfect is, and how with a little training, it's relatively easy to move things around, create new fields, hide or delete unused ones, and really make the system custom-tailored to your/your organization's needs. Beyond that, DonorPerfect's chat support feature is fantastic and the people who staff it are wonderful. When I was getting to know DonorPerfect, I used the chat support feature multiple times a week and pretty much always had my questions answered and any issues resolved.

CONS

There are some issues which have become evident over time and have really negatively impacted my feelings about DonorPerfect. A meta-critique is that it seems like there just aren't enough software engineers and others on staff who can keep improving the system at the pace I wish it could be improved at. I have literally been told by customer support that they simply lack the resources and person-power to make all the updates they would like to make. On the more specific side, I really wish DonorPerfect had the infrastructure within their software to handle households composed of multiple constituents (who might generally want to be credited for gifts and addressed jointly, but also might have individual relationships to the organization that are distinct from each other and should be treated as such).

A subscription payment dispute

Miguel

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

DonorPerfect Review

I have been happy with it as I find it easy to use, intuitive, and the customer support is very good.

PROS

Ease of use, intuitive, great customer support, has many useful features to make fundraising easier

CONS

I wish it had an easier way of showing constituent relationships and reciprocal relationships. For example, if I work for a school and am looking at a School Parents record, it would be nice to have a tab that would easily show who their children are and in what grade they are in .... as Raiser's Edge's Relationship tab does.

Reason for choosing DonorPerfect

Value for money, more user friendly features.

Caitlin

International Affairs, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Better than Blackbaud but still behind

The change has been bumpy, but the support staff on call have largely been very helpful in quick responses and step by step instructions to resolve our issues.

PROS

Like the better integrated approach with fundraising, emails and donor tracking that we were not offered with our previous CRM platform.

CONS

The system is not visually appealing and there are tasks that are not intuitive in operation. The setup time was quick but there were many unaddressed matters and the data had lots of missing/incorrect information.

Reason for choosing DonorPerfect

It was the most cost-efficient for the package.

Reasons for switching to DonorPerfect

The system was outdated and the donation forms were not operating well.

Thank you for your honest feedback. If you would like to discuss your experience further or require further assistance with any data transfer issues, please reach out to clientrelations@donorperfect.com so we may review this further. - Robert

Replied January 2024

Regina

Reviewed March 2024

DonorPerfect Provides Ease of Use and Robust Features

Outstanding. Does what we need it to do and is able to grow along with the organization.

PROS

DP is very easy to use and to teach to staff and Board members. The chat and tech support are second to none.

CONS

Give me back my auto de-dupe on the Beta version of Duplicate Merge.

Reason for choosing DonorPerfect

RaisersEdge is too complicated for what we needed.

Reasons for switching to DonorPerfect

MatchMaker was a funky homemade piece of trash that would regularly crash because the air-conditioning in the server shed would blow on the owner's property in Arizona.

Ashley

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Bellin Health Foundation Grants

PROS

From my team's perspective, we enjoy that there is a component to be able to utilize donorperfect for grants management. It helps to consolidate our organizations information.

CONS

There are some ease of use issues that are unclear, and not super intuitive.

Gabriel

Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 employees

Feels Made For Today

PROS

It feels very up to date. This doesn't feel like a donation management software that has hardly been touched in decades like some others do. The user interface is easy to use and doesn't feel confusing.

CONS

The reporting system can be a bit cumbersome to learn, however, compared to the others I've used it has a good combination of options/functionality and user friendliness.

Erin

Ease of Use with DonorPerfect

My overall experience has been one of quality and ease. DP has always made themselves available for questions and issues. I would highly recommend DP.

PROS

I love the fact that it is very ease to navigate and if I have any questions, I can easily get in touch with someone at DP that will help me to navigate through my issues.

CONS

At this time, I have not had any foreseeable issues.

Jekka

Donor Perfect Review

PROS

I think DonorPerfect is very user friendly.

CONS

I wish there were more in-person trainings like they used to have.

Heather

Reviewed May 2024

Great program to help out a nonprofit

PROS

The customer support through the chat feature is great. These individuals help me every time I contact them. They are professional, quick and incredibly helpful!

CONS

The forms can be difficult to navigate when creating them.

Karen

Reviewed February 2021

Happy with DonorPerfect

Overall, it's been much easier to segment our donors and personalize their experience. We feel much more confident using DP than our previous software, because it's easier to pull reports, etc.

PROS

Setting up DP was very easy and we were able to customize several field. The ability "globally update" has proven to be a very useful tool. We like the ability to customize our pages to suit our needs.

CONS

Some of the add-ons are too expensive for our organization to purchase, however, we can see how those tools would be useful, so it's a bit frustrating.

Reason for choosing DonorPerfect

Ease of use and years of experience with non-profits.

Reasons for switching to DonorPerfect

Too complicated and really didn't fit the needs of a non-profit.

Kim

Reviewed June 2021

Look no farther! If you've found Donor Perfect just take it for a test drive and then buy!

We are a small non profit that has a huge database. The ease with which we can utilize the same records in one office in the USA and a second office overseas is incredible.

PROS

I love every feature Donor Perfect has to offer! They make it so easy to run and manage over 30,000 records with ease. All databases cost something, it was a hard adjustment to make paying the monthly fee, however, I found that it was my most worthwhile and least expensive employee. Paying for Donor Perfect solved so many problems and made every employee's job so much easier. We didn't know what we were missing until we tried Donor Perfect.

CONS

I can't think of one thing that I really dislike about Donor Perfect. The email feature is a little weak, but we knew that going in, and there are work arounds. It works!

Reason for choosing DonorPerfect

proven capacity to work 24/7 in different parts of the world. No "down-time" in non USA operating hours. Ability to receipt donations in multiple currencies. Longevity in the industry.

Reasons for switching to DonorPerfect

Fundly was NO FUN as in not functional! We wasted HOURS and HOURS and HOURS of employee time watching the green circle spin around and around and around. It took minutes to load a single donor record to enter a simple donation. Heaven help you if you needed to do anything big like run a report...

Pat

Individual & Family Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2023

DONORPERFECT is the PERFECT CRM

DP's reports are so easy to use and to learn to use. Overall, I wouldn't change CRMs for nothing - I have used 2 others in my past experience and DP tops them all as far as user friendly and not knowing how to do something... CHAT is your new best friend!

PROS

I absolutely love donor perfect! It is so easy to use and was a piece of cake when transitioning from another software to DonorPerfect! The reports are so easy to setup and if you ever run into a problem - all you have to do is jump on CHAT and they will help you with whatever your need is!

CONS

I really don't know of anything that is my least favorite about Donorperfect! If you ever have a problem - just jump on CHAT and they are so courteous and patient with those that are just learning the system. DP fits perfectly into our day to day practices in our non-profit.

Reason for choosing DonorPerfect

The pricing of course was the first thing that pulled me into DP but when I watched the demo - I fell in love with it! It is awesome, easy, and so proficient in the non-profit world.

Reasons for switching to DonorPerfect

I couldn't not for the life of me figure our RE - there was never no rhyme or reason as to why and how to do things and I never felt my reports were accurate!

Lori

Reviewed November 2023

Great Fundraising Database

Great experience over the past two years since we switched over to DonorPerfect!

PROS

DonorPerfect is very user-friendly and intuitive to use. It has many great features and lots of capabilities. The training webinars (both live and recorded) are very informative. During the few times I've contacted customer service for assistance, the service has been top-notch.

CONS

DonorPerfect does not really have a negative aspect to me. It can seem somewhat overwhelming to try and incorporate all its capabilities, so we use what works best for us at the current time, while always being willing to try out other features we may not currently use.

Reason for choosing DonorPerfect

DonorPerfect was the best value for what we wanted and included many features without appearing to be so complex that it would be too challenging to quickly learn.

Reasons for switching to DonorPerfect

We had used our previous system for 20+ years and were ready to try a new product that was cloud-based and offered lots of features.

Cristina

Reviewed January 2024

Very adaptable and user friendly

My first and most important point is that I feel we are being treated the same as larger clients. The service we receive is outstanding. I strongly recommend getting phone support at least at the first year, until you have done all you normally do in a normal annual cycle at least once. Overall, I find we are treated better than the large vendor we worked with before, the program is way more flexible, and also very intutive.

PROS

With our previous vendor, it was very hard to taylor the use of the system to our specific needs. DonorPerfect is a dream to work with in that regard. We have been able to set up things as they work best for us, and were shown how to achieve some goals we had in use of system that had not ever been achieved with the previous vendor.

CONS

I find that chat support is clunky if you have to do a system deep dive involving compound filters or such. Some of the help section material is a bit vauge and I find theat search options not as easy to navigate as your search terms have to be pretty general.

Reason for choosing DonorPerfect

Price and ease of use, as well as support commitent swayed us.

Reasons for switching to DonorPerfect

The upgrade we had been billed for, for two years, was never installed.

Jessica

Performing Arts, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Ideal CRM for Mid-Size Nonprofits

DonorPerfect offers everything we need in a CRM database. The phone app, while not offering everything you get from the full site, is more than sufficient for plugging in to get information on the go.

PROS

Donor Perfect is very user-friendly. The Quickbooks integration is vital. Constant Contact integration is a feature we never knew we needed.

CONS

There are some limitations in reporting that can usually be worked around in some way, but can feel like you're coding more than running reports. That area is less user-friendly for our older employees.

Reasons for switching to DonorPerfect

We had Raiser's Edge and Financial Edge, with an annual Blackbaud bill in the high tens of thousands. Switching was initially a way to save money, but after converting to DonorPerfect and Quickbooks it's clear that they are both superior softwares for our use. As a mid-size nonprofit, RE and FE now feel like they are more conducive to very large organizations. We just weren't using that much of the software. RE felt dated in its interface and cumbersome to learn/manage. DonorPerfect training was straightforward and the software offers everything we need to manage our database successfully.

Julie

Fund-Raising, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2022

Donor Perfect has helped all my small non-profit orgs to stay organized and on track

PROS

I love being able to import spreadsheets with gifts and contacts - it makes it very easy to add new donors and prospects, track mailing lists and add in-kind gifts and descriptions in a large batch

CONS

I get frustrated that pledges don't integrate with the dashboards and goal screens well, particularly for capital or multi-year gifts. It would be nice to have the option to show progress to goal including pledges in the nice charts to just snip and show the committee

Reason for choosing DonorPerfect

Past positive experiences with the program, ease of use and ability to set up multiple online forms for events, funds, campaigns etc. Integration with QuickBooks is very slick for payments (not pledges)

Reasons for switching to DonorPerfect

Cost savings and moving to a product that I was more familiar with. We paid less in the annual fee and had a reduced rate on Merchant accounts that were more seamlessly integrated to our accounting.

Kelly