• Pros

• "I like the ease of the end of month reports. Also, there are good features that link the donors to each other."

• "Cloud access is great for donor management on the go. The cost is very expensive, but the software is easy to use. "

• "The customer service and ease of use can't be beat."

• Cons

• "The version we had was cumbersome and difficult to learn. It was capable of doing a lot, but figuring out how to do it was very time consuming. It also looked outdated and just...not all that nice. "

• "There's a lot to learn. But with a system as powerful as this, that is to be expected."

• "I have nothing bad to say about the product or the vendor. They are a wonderful company who continuously seems to be working to meet and exceed their customers' expectations."

Browse DonorPro Reviews

Kris from CASA PACIFICA CENTERS FOR CHILDREN AND FAMILIES

Trim and Fit

This software is ideal for a small to mid-sized non-profit. Easy to learn and easy to engage the constituent it is a turnkey solution that will hit the ground running. I loved the ease with which you can perform fairly complex tasks - globally moving groups of donations from one category to another, the api to an online interface such as Constituent 360 (formerly COnvio), the setup[ of security groups and individual accounts. All of their data fields can be assigned different labels, and new ones can be created - for instance sub-appeals or packages - and they work! The level of customization is rare in the database industry. They have a simple tie in to Quickbooks as well. What tops everything is the customer service - their tier 3 support is just as accessible as their teir 1 support staff and all extraordinarily helpful and knowledgeable. I am highly impressed with TowerCare and especially their Donor Pro - constituent management system. I would choose them myself if I were to start a non-profit.

Pros

Its hard to pick one - customizable fields that still work with the query mechanism, the global change feature - powerful and easy, alongside that the ease with which you can back up and restore if you should happen to mess up (it happens), the clearly defined rules for creating user accounts, security roles, and limited accounts for volunteers. Pretty awesome software

Cons

Not much

Jacquline from Brittany's Hope Foundation

March 2009

We do not hesitate to recommend this software to anyone!

We do not hesitate to recommend this software to anyone! After comparing it to some of the other software programs available we have learned two very important things. 1) It incorporates so many things that you would otherwise have to purchase multiple software programs to accomplish what Donor Pro does with just one. The result of this is a very significant savings which means everything to a non-profit. 2) No company has yet compared to their customer service team. They are always ready to hear customer feedback on what they can do to improve their software to better accomodate their customers, and they not only listen, but they actually follow through and incorporate those suggestions.

Pros

We cannot say enough positive things about Donor Pro. We are able to operate almost our entire office off of this software, and use it to accomadate the employees that work from home. It can easily be adapted to fit so many of our non-profits needs. We would be lost without it. The best thing about the company, by far, is their customer service. They always exceed our expectations. Our Director of Development has used several donor management software programs in her previous positions, and stated on many occasions none of them compared to all the features that donor pro offers. She is constantly amazed when she learns about a new feature and the ease of use. One of the things that highly impresses me is how easily you can make a request for an enhancement, and then how quickly you see it incorporated into a future upgrade.

Cons

We have been customers for almost 4 years now and still have no negative feedback to offer.

September 2016

Tina from Community Child Guidance Clinic, Inc.

September 2016

Donor Pro can help you achieve your goals!

Pros

In the beginning they were very helpful and the tech support was great. I am not very tech savvy and at times find navigating the data base to be difficult. The sales team was knowledgeable and friendly took the time to explain the packages and was not high pressure. I would recommend DonorPro to those who have donor and donor base experience.

Cons

Not available 24 hrs. While running an event things may come up and if I had a question if it was not during business hrs. I had to wait until the next day. Other than that no major issues arose.

Justine from The Salvation Army

Industry: Philanthropy

Complicated but Helpful

Pros

Cons

A larger organization would have a difficult time being forced to streamline their processes. Suitable for smaller organizations.

Frankie from The ALS Association Louisiana-Mississippi Chapter

Efficient and Effective

DonorPro has a great capacity for maintaining and reporting detailed information! DonorPro allows detailed input of patient information, relationships, services provided, as well as donor and donation data. And then, DonorPro makes retrieval of that information quick and easy. DonorPro's software is designed with the final output in mind. It "asks the questions" that a user needs in order to maintain a detailed and functional database. The user can maintain detailed information on each constituent and can also view the big picture through reports and queries. Also, the training and support are outstanding! There are so many ways to use DonorPro to its max that it is a waste to try to figure out everything on your own. The ease of use is dependent upon the user's investment in the opportunities and resources that are offered. Deep, thorough training is offered regularly; and, when I hit a bump in the road, the support staff is always prompt, courteous, knowledgeable, and helpful. Every single time I have needed support, the team has responded quickly and accurately. There's not much about DonorPro that I don't like; most problems are caused by "user error."

Ashley from AA Consulting

Easy to use!

DonorPro is so easy to navigate! Any one of our staff can learn how to use it within minutes. It's a great tool for many nonprofits to use as a donor database.

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

Email blasts

Alan from Hillcrest Christian Academy

Great product...great service!

I highly recommend DonorPro to all non-profits, large and small. The company cares about you and works with you to make sure you are happy and well-versed with their product!

Pros

DonorPro is easy to use, and has many features, many of which I have not even explored yet. They are continually improving their product, and they have the best customer service department in the industry. DonorPro helps us do what we need to do efficiently and effectively. The auction module was amazing, and helped us effectively run our auction, thank our attendees, donors, and buyers without anyone falling through the cracks

Cons

There are always going to be ways to improve a product like this, probably something different for every organization that uses it, but for the money and the flexibility, there is no better product out there.

July 2013

Debby from Courageous Kidz

July 2013

DonorPro excels in several areas, and at the top of the list is their Customer Support team. They are always knowledgeable, professional and courteous. They set the standard from which others should endeavor to reach. Additionally, DonorPro provides us with the tools necessary to identify and track all activities associated with our constituents, at a price my organization can afford. I especially am pleased that Towercare still cares about smaller non-profits, like Courageous Kidz, and does so much to help us make the most of those hard earned fundraising dollars we receive. I don't know what we'd do without DonorPro.

June 2013

Devin from Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County, Inc.

Happy Customer :)

DonorPro is run by a small company that is committed to aiding their customers in getting the absolute most out of their product. If you are looking for a solution to your donor management problems that is affordable, organized and user friendly look no further!

Pros

Small Learning Curve Great Customer Service Continually Upgraded Based on User's Recommendations Keeps Everything Very Organized and Accessible

Cons

None because every time I have a question, I simply call customer service (for free) and they patiently teach me how to solve my problem.

April 2009

Laura from Colorado Therapeutic Riding Center

April 2009

Fabulous!

Fabulous!

Pros

Excellent data setup, very easy to customize to needs with forms and additional customizable slots, great canned queries and easy to manipulate advanced queries and the ability to get accurate data results. Love the groups and user roles. Amazing customer service!

Cons

I really can't report any cons about any of the features of DonorPro as we are just so happy to have a database that meets our needs and gives us accurate data.

Richard from Toys 4 Smiles

Review of DonorPro Fundraising Customer Relationship Management Software System

Versatility: The product is cloud based so I have access anywhere that has an internet connection whether or not I have my own personal computer, tablet or iPhone available to me. Just pop on someone's laptop & login to the GO version losing very little functionality from the desktop / laptop version. So far I love the Vendor because of the excellent customer service that they are providing me. Experience: So far I have no complaints about either the software or the vendor. Interested: Get a demo, or better yet get access to login and use a demo database. Try using their customer service department to answer questions during the demo phase. Ease of Use: You have to get used to how the system was built, and how to move around all the functional available. There is so much that can be customized to your own needs. Issues - All my issues have been my lack of understanding - once I know how to use it, it has worked flawlessly. Customer Support - Award winning!! I have gotten quick response to questions posed, and I find that they even offer to assist further after the problem has been resolved.

Kate from Milestone

Donor Pro - My Choice in Fundraising Software

I highly recommend you check out Donor Pro if you are looking for a database system. We've been so pleased we are having them design our new website.

Pros

After seeing a demo of Donor Pro I felt no need to look further. I love the robust nature of the system and how easy it is to use. The customer service is exemplary. Switching to Donor Pro has helped me be more efficient in my use of time, keep all my records in one place, manage my lists more effectively, plan for stewarding my donors and even handle events. It is a super system.

Cons

I don't really see any downsides to the product that I can testify too. I still have some trouble with running queries but that is more me than Donor Pro. If you ask the right question you will get the answer you're looking for. Customer service has always helped me out when I've gotten stuck.

Barbara from The Parish School

June 2013

The Parish School transforms the lives of children who have language and learning differences by providing them the tools they need to recognize their strengths and utilize them to overcome their weaknesses as they learn. We researched database software for almost a year before we made our decision. We purchased DonorPro in 2007 and have never looked back. Implementation was a bit challenging, but it had nothing to do with DonorPro - the problems were all on our side. We give them an A+ for sticking with us and smoothing out the transfer of our data. Since implementation, we love the functionality and have built numerous custom queries and reports with ease. They continue to enhance the features and there are regular upgrades. The support team provides personal and quick answers to every question. As we learned, we asked some pretty simple questions and we were met with great patience and no judgement about our learning curve. We love working with DonorPro!

Kara from The Early Learning Institute

DonorPro Exceeds Expectations

Highly recommend.

Pros

I've used a variety of donor software programs over the years and in my 15+ years of experience, DonorPro is the best product available. It is intuitive, easy to use, and it does what they say it will! We've been able to reduce fundraising expenses, measure ROI and better segment our constituents through our implementation of DonorPro. Their customer service is far superior to any other I've experienced, and although I've had few issues, when I have trouble, they are always responsive (extremely so). They "get" what we do as nonprofit fundraisers.

Cons

none - they implement product improvements in new releases that reflect user input. Can't ask for more than that.

August 2011

Alison from Benedictine Sisters of Pittsburgh

August 2011

In my experience, DonorPro is the best!

Highly recommend!

Pros

I have used Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge and Results Plus, but have found DonorPro to be the most user friendly. And it does everything you need it to do! And most important to me, the Help Desk has been WONDERFUL. The next best thing is that they listen to you if you make a suggestion for an improvement; and they let you know whether it is something others are requesting and if and when they are working on making the change or addition. I wasn't with the Sisters when they did the conversion from Results Plus to DonorPro, but I understand it went very smoothly. I recommend DonorPro without hesitation.

Cons

I have no "cons" to report!

Dave from ACHIEVA

November 2014

DonorPro is a great fundraising tool

Pros

The software is easy to use and learn. I really like the business intelligence dashboard with the DonorProGo version. Real-time information is right there for you. You don't have to be a Crystal reports expert to run reports and get the information you need. The tech support at DonorPro is great. They get back to you quickly and in easy to understand non-techie terms.

Cons

There is nothing I like least. It's a great tool, and I don't have anything that I dislike about it.

Terri from YWCA Greater Pittsburgh

October 2008

I would definitely recommend this program!

I would definitely recommend this program!

Pros

This program is very, VERY user friendly. Not much training is necessary. I love the idea of having the User's Manual available online. And if you do have a program, customer service is excellent. Someone always gets right back to you within a timely manner. They welcome feedback from the users of the program which shows they are constantly looking for ways to improve their program!

Cons

Not really a con, but more of a recommendation. 1) having a place on the main constituent screen for an alternate e-mail 2) for the contact of the organization, it would be nice if it were broken down to 3 entries: title, first name, and last name.

Alan from Hillcrest Christian Academy

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

DonorPro Review

Pros

My favorite part is the Event Management module; it has really saved a lot of time and effort with our big auction events. The donation section is very good and easy to use. Pledge Reminders are also very easy to get done each month. I like that the company is local; I have been able to visit their offices for training and have always had a good experience with their tech support.

Cons

I wish the dashboard, which lets you know of tasks that are due, would open up that task when you click on it. For instance, I have many constituents making donations through auto-deduct, and I set the reminder for the deduct date, so when I click on the reminder, I wish it would open the donation screen so that I could take care of it. As far as the vendor goes, I wish updates and upgrades came more often and were more substantial.

Molly from Community Child Guidance Clinic

Glad to be Moving On to a New System

Pros

A nice guy once spent multiple hours on the phone walking me through the program from square one. He was fantastic and definitely made it so I was able to do my job.

Scott from Circle C Youth and Family Services

November 2008

I have recommended DonorPro to many colleagues for its capabilities.

I have recommended DonorPro to many colleagues for its capabilities, ease of use, and reasonable cost.

Pros

Painless conversion for us, good initial training, user friendly and pretty intuitive, word processor inclusion, easy-to-do queries and standard reports, GREAT customer service, regular and helpful product updates, impressive add-on modules for auctions and events, DonorPro has participated in Pittsburgh area users group.

Cons

Users manual has not been as user-friendly and has lagged behind product improvements -seems to be improving though.

Alison from Benedictine Sisters of Pittsburgh

June 2013

I have worked with non-profit organizations for a number of years and have experience using other widely known database management software packages. DonorPro is by far the most user friendly, and it accomplishes this without sacrificing functionality. But best of all, customer support is excellent. Because I work in a small shop, I especially depend on the quick response, knowledge, and patience from the folks on their Help Desk. They are worth their weight in gold! You won't go wrong choosing DonorPro!

Sabrina from SIRE

SIRE still loves DonoPro

Pros - Excellent customer service; the query function is flexible and powerful; and it allows unlimited users. Cons - We are out in the country, so maybe some of the issue may be our internet speed. Even when I'm where the service is faster, sometimes the lag time seems to be excessive. Overall, DonorPro is a very easy to use, customizable package. The queries are so very easy to create & modify. We track donors, volunteers, clients, and horses in DonorPro. It is great.

December 2014

Jamie from ACHIEVA

December 2014

DonorPro is a wonderful tool

Pros

The customer service and ease of use can't be beat.

Michele from ALS Association Western PA Chapter

April 2015

Easy to use and great for our needs.

We are a small chapter of a national organization. Though we don't utilize all of DonorPro's capabilities, it definitely meets the needs of our office in terms of documenting patient info and interactions as well as donation processing. My only hesitation in giving it a perfect rating is the reporting. Not exactly as intuitive as I would like, but still gets the job done. Customer service is exemplary.

Kelly from Florida Historic Capitol Museum

October 2014

DonorPro offers just what I need for member & donor management.

We use DonorPro to keep track of all of our members, donors, and volunteers, as well as their Merchant Services to process member and donor payments. There are so many ways to use Donor Pro, but what I like best is how customizable and user-friendly it is. Also, I've NEVER had a better experience with a Customer Support team than I have each time I need help from DonorPro. I highly recommend this product.

George from Warren General Hospital

Hospitals use of DonorPro

DonorPro has been a nice addition to our hospital development Department. The support staff has gone above and beyond and being responsive to our issues and needs and running the program. It takes a little bit of time to understand all the capabilities but the investment will be well worth your money. I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking to increase donor effectiveness.

Victoria from Education Through Music-Los Angeles

Industry: Fine Art

Wonderful Product!

Pros

I love the customer service! DonorPro is an invaluable tool for our organization.

Cons

We love DonorPro. One challenge with the product may be getting all of our staff members trained to use the database to its fullest potential.

Bonnie from SAMS USA

Great customer service

DonorPro always has the customer in mind. They ask for user feedback, have donor pro user sessions and are very open to suggestions on how to make the product better. We have seen features that we have suggested and ask for implemented within the next release. Customer service is very quick to respond and is always very personal. We like that the program is very customizable.

Josh from Beverly's Birthdays

DonorPro is fantastic

Pros

It's simple and cost-effective, with friendly support. I would recommend it to any small non-profit.

Cons

The advanced functionalities take time to learn how to use properly. The web-based system is a bit clunky.

Kim from Vermont Adaptive Ski and Sports

DonorPro is Underway!

Pros

We will finally be able to truly manage our donors and customers in more than just an Excel sheet. So excited!

Laura from Heritage Community Initiatives

A+ Transition

We just recently made the transition to DonorPro and we are already off to a great start! The training hours were very informational and customer service has done a wonderful job helping us to make the transition. We can't wait to get going! DonorPro has also helped us to connect with additional resources for email marketing that has made our outreach much more manageable.

Patricia from SIRE

SIRE loves DonorPro

Pros

easy queries, easy customization, groups allow us to do many things, secure internet access, unlimited # of users

Cons

forms are a little tricky, cannot track and add up volunteer hours

August 2008

Leslie from The ALS Association

August 2008

I will recommend this product always. It is by far one of the best decisions our Association.

I will recommend this product always. It is by far one of the best decisions our Association has made.

Pros

DonorPro is by far the greatest product out there for small and medium size non profits. The features you get for the price can not be matched.

Cons

A few additional features, which is probably not important to small nonprofits like segmentation for direct mail will be nice.

Jason from Warren General Hospital

DonorPro User

Pros

Cons

It is a little slow at times when it comes to loading each individual donation.

Sherrie from Catholic Charities of East TN

Evolve 2014 was well worth the time

Donor Pro's recent webinars, Evolve 2014, were full of great content by effective presenters and were well worth attending. We will definitely watch for announcements of other upcoming training options. My only regret is that I could not choose to sit in on others that were held in tandem with the ones I selected!

June 2013

Jane from Family Solutions (formerly SOCSTC)

I love DonorPro

I highly recommend DonorPro - it's a great value for the price, they provide EXCELLENT customer service and it's easy to use. Great software!

Pros

Very easy to use, intuitive and easy to learn. Great functionality for moves management, donor cultivation, reports, etc.

Cons

Cannot think of any cons.

LaQuetta from 4TheCause.US

Just In Time for Agency's 35th Anniversary Fundraising Campaign

The features that will allow us to create and manage information on "fundraising groups" affiliated with individual team leaders is very timely. The graphic (thermometer) provides a visual of where each team is in relation its own goal, as well as in comparison to other teams. VERY HELPFUL!

Jerry from Entrepreneuring Youth

June 2013

I have been in the nonprofit and development space for decades, and this team is the best anywhere at customer support. Your success five years after the sale is as important to them as all the energy and attention they devote to you on day one. They could write the new book on customer support.

Gerry from Saint John's Hospice

DonorPro - Great Product/Great Service

DonorPro is an excellent low-cost CRM offered by a company with excellent customer service. I'm not a techie and can't compare to other products. But I am impressed with good customer service throughout the organization, from president to staff.

Elizabeth from Ohio Valley General Hospital

October 2008

I would recommend Donor Pro to anyone.

I would recommend Donor Pro to anyone.

Pros

It's quick and easy to use. The company listens to our input for future releases, which helps in both quickness and ease.

Cons

The only con for me, is my lack of time to be able to explore more of Donor Pro's features.

Cathy from Auberle

October 2008

I highly recommend this product.

I highly recommend this product.

Pros

The ease of use and continued growth of the product based on user input.

Cons

I perceive no "cons" for this software as TowerCare Technologies continually works with DonorPro users to improve the system.

Ken from The ALS Association Arizona Chapter

November 2008

Satisfied and looking forward to upgraded features that will help our company.

Satisfied and looking forward to upgraded features that will help our company.

Pros

DonorPro does what it's designed to do very well. Gina's training is outstanding! She takes a dry and usually difficult subject/product and makes it easy to understand, implement and put into practical use.

Cons

Sync between DonorPro & Convio not as easy as we were led to believe at time of purchase. "Patient" does not appear as a different color which would make personal data/relationship management easier.

Cindy from The ALS Association Indiana Chapter

The ALS Association

We found the training so be specialized to our needs and the support we have received has been exceptional.

Kelly from Allegheny Valley School

March 2009

Great product, easy to use.

Great product, easy to use.

Pros

Customer support very helpful.

Cons

Still am having trouble with certain queries.

Sally from Family Hospice and Palliative Care

November 2008

I would highly recommend Donor Pro over other systems I have used.

I would highly recommend Donor Pro over other systems I have used.

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

Queries can be difficult

Amybeth from Community Partners

Excellent customer service, but...

Sadly, in spite of absolutely excellent customer support, we ultimately found that in a reasonable amount, this product simply was not what we need. However, I want to reiterate that the customer service was superb.