• Pros

• "The maps are good. The ease of access to features is good. Switching between campaigns is easy."

• "It was a pretty easy initial setup, getting lists loaded and assigning turfs to canvassers. The staff is very responsive as well, I always got quick answers from them whenever I reached out."

• "Generally user friendly and intuitive. Predictive text is good when searching for street names."

• Cons

• "The interface could be a bit more intuitive, but generally it's easy to use. Getting your data set up exactly as you want it can take a little time, but once you do, it's smooth sailing."

• "Still buggy, and needs some love to make it fast and easy to use. "

• "I wish that I could play around more with the statistics."

Browse Ecanvasser Reviews

Dana from Everlasting Enterprises, Inc. - Tulsa OK SEO guy

Don't Campiagn Without it!

Easy to use, if I could not figure out something their tech dept was a real help

Pros

I used this software and used list printed from Republican headquarters WHAT A TIME SAVER this software is. I went door to door for another campaign after losing in the primary. The other campaign did not use Ecanvasser Took me 3-4 times as long to cover the same area as it would have using Eanvasser!

Cons

A bit of a learning curve noth too difficult

Elijah from Elijah Manley 2020

Industry: Political Organization

E-canvasser has been gold.

My experience with e-canvasser so far has been gold. I haven't had any issues using the software, the apps, or other administrative features. It has been incredibly useful in the field too.

Pros

The software is extremely accessible and easy to use. I really admire the quickness of data syncing from cell phones and tablets.

Cons

I don't have any cons, but would enjoy a phone-banking software included with the canvassing service too.

Reasons for Choosing Ecanvasser

It appeared at the time that I would be getting more bang for my buck. It was cost effective and easier to use than the other services I had tried via demo.

Angela from Vote Vallie Brown for Supervisor 2019

Troublesome at best

Frustrating

Pros

If it were working properly, I like the fact that it's a paperless option for canvassing.

Cons

The app is slow, crashes (to the point where we've had multiple canvassers give up mid shift), the map shows houses in different areas of the street, often causing people to have to backtrack, you cannot filter results by "notes" so the ONLY way to find notes input is to click on each name one by one (no one has time to do this), there is no way to cut turf and assign it through the app, when you try to print a paper list, there is no way to filter by "uncanvassed" or otherwise, and then the paper list asks for age and job, instead of the important results such as issues, email, requests window sign, volunteer, etc. When asking ecanvasser for help, all they can tell us is it seems to be working fine on their end. We've sent videos of the issues to no avail. We are not software engineers, we are trying to run an effective field program and this app is holding us back to our detriment.

Reasons for Choosing Ecanvasser

Our consultants chose this software, I did not have a say.

Carl from Visolution, Inc.

eCanvasser is an excellent tool for canvassing homes for political campaigns.

The greatest benefit is the ability to assign as many canvassers as we like, without additional licenses. Operationally, our teams have been able to move a lot quicker in canvassing voting districts. We also like the custom fields, allowing us to use this as our primary data source.

Pros

eCanvasser is focused on canvassing homes, instead of trying to be a be all end all of campaign operations. It is fairly easy to use. Hands down, customer service is outstanding. They respond quickly via email, and it is easy to talk to a live person. I like the control I have with the data, and unlimited custom fields I can create. The other big pro is their license model. I can assign as many volunteer canvassers as I want without an additional charge. All other services I found charge a license per user. This gives a budget tight campaign a lot of flexibility in using volunteers.

Cons

The data model needs some maturing. When creating groups, you have to select voters to put in that group. That's no biggy. But if you append the master database, the changes to a voters record do not aggregate to the record you placed within your groups. The Canvass Types are static. I would like to be able to create additional types, and select my own color. Canvassers also have to drill down too much to get to data they need at the door. Their are a few areas where it could be more intuitive. However, these are easily overcome with additional training. Overall, the product is great. We will continue using the product, and ensure our needs are input to developers for future enhancements.

Response from Ecanvasser

Replied July 2018

Hi and thanks for the feedback. We are currently addressing custom canvass statuses to give you more flexibility. As regards appending the master database and how this affects groups we are looking to develop Dynamic Groups also in the medium term.

Incredibly useful and easy to use software

I am a huge fan of ecanvasser/walk. It is so easy to choose which house you're at and which person you're speaking with. The questions/surveys are easy to set up on the desktop dashboard and even easier to answer when at the doors on the app. The amount of time you save from not having to enter in data from paper sheets has been a God send. As well, it's very handy that the app updates in real time. So if someone is joining your team while out and about they can see which doors you've hit and which are left to be done. There had been some hickups while using the app and some bugs we've found. But the dev team has been so helpful and responsive it hasn't negatively impacted our work. I highly recommend ecanvasser.

Pros

The the I like most about ecanvasser is its ease of use. It's incredibly intuitive and easy to learn. Both from an admin side, where you're setting things up from the desktop dashboard, and in practice at the doors side where it's super easy to enter accurate data.

Cons

The one thing I don't like about the app is editing contact information for individuals at the doors. When in the android app it's difficult to find at first. Once you do find it, it can be incredibly frustrating to enter into the data. I also dislike that you have to press the confirm/check mark button to save any data you've entered into any field. If you aren't aware of that when you first get started it is very easy to think you're collecting data but layer find out none of it was saved.

A Software that is almost there

Ecanvasser has met most of my campaign needs.

Pros

Cons

The clustering of houses into blocks is very frustrating. It seems that when I first started using Ecanvasser over a year ago that each house showed up separately on the map. Now, however, they are bunched together and in a very random order. Sometimes, the first house on the street shows up on the map very far past other houses on the map, because one might be odd and the other even. The biggest problem of all is that sometimes (often), one must enlarge the screen massively in order to uncover "hidden" blocks of houses. If Ecanvasser could undo these problems, which I do not recall from my campaign in fall 2017, I would really like it.

Good for selct usage, may not cover all campaign needs

I used it for a basic field campaign in a situation where VAN wasn't available. It served a limited purpose for sending out canvass teams, but overall there was too much difficulty keeping the data in Ecanvasser in sync with other data coming in from other sources. As things got busier, it ended up being less work to use paper lists and do manual entry into another system than it was to keep the program updated.

Pros

Cons

It does the job as a mobile canvassing device, but that's very rarely the only database function occurring on a campaign. It isn't set up for easy desktop list management, manual data entry, custom list exports, etc., and as such is limited in usefulness. It does what it says it will, but at this point can't really be used as a primary database for a full scale campaign. It needs some changes to its desktop functionality, or an easy interface with another program that adds that capacity. Right now it's only useful for one piece, which you can't really connect to everything else in a campaign that relies on an adaptive database.

Great for Campaigns

I have had great experience with Ecanvasser so far.

Pros

The ease of use on the back end of thee software is amazing! I have used Ecanvasser on a few campaigns now and the data manipulation is fantastic.

Cons

The biggest problem I have is with the groups and maps. Neither works together well. I would like to see when I put a group together and click on the map that it only shows that group and not everything assigned to me or another canvasser.

Michael from Libertas Institute

A good solid program that gets the job done, without the unnecessary flash.

Pros

The software is easy to use after the initial set-up. You get your campaign up and running and you have very little issue getting your canvassers out and hitting the maximum amount of doors.

Cons

It is sometimes difficult to get help if you are not in the same time zone as the ECaanvasser, because they are located in Ireland. What are business hours on the west coast of the United States are not anywhere close to the hours in Ireland.

Joshua from Working America

Great use for canvassing

Full on canavassing software with it easier to use the. Minivan

Pros

The ease to set it up and add the data, the script and my team and get them set up and going in the app is amazing,

Cons

They don't have a service (yet) for their own voter data. Nation builder just did and that would be a great service for them to off themselves and not having to do a third party, a one stop shop

Response from Ecanvasser

Replied July 2018

Hi and thanks for the feedback. We are looking into data provision and hope to have something set up for the next campaign cycle.

Ecanvasser has been an incredibly useful tool for running campaigns effectively and efficiently.

Pros

Ecanvasser gives you powerful visuals of your voter universe, always ensuring that at any moment, you know exactly how you are doing and how much work you have left to do. Planning campaigns has never been easy because Ecanvasser puts all of the data points you need right at your fingertips.

Cons

I wish there was a better way of keeping campaign information cycle to cycle and some more useful export options. Information from previously completed campaigns can be extremely valuable and could be better incorporated into the software.

Response from Ecanvasser

Replied July 2018

Hi and thank you for your feedback. In terms of holding information from election cycle to election cycle, we can facilitate holding information from former campaigns and we are also implementing advanced re-canvassing functionality by Q3 2018 that will greatly assist in this.

William from William N. Dunn, P.C.

Industry: Judiciary

We used Ecanvasser in a primary election and runoff election for a county wide judicial position

We were the top candidate in the primary election with 5 candidates with more than 2 votes to every 1 vote of the other 4 candidates.

Pros

I really liked the speed with which the system would convert individual voters to households and plot them on the map. For the most part, once I learned the time differences between Alabama and Ireland, the customer service was wonderful and the entire team was extremely helpful. In managing our door to door campaign with Ecanvasser we were able to lead a field of 5 candidates in the primary with 39% of the vote and the next closest opponent only getting 19%. The runoff election is tomorrow and we are anticipating a convincing victory due in large part to utilizing Ecanvasser.

Cons

The self help features could be more user friendly and there are still a few bugs where I could not get the system to do what I needed it to do. I wanted to be able to export a file of households rather than individual voters and was never able to do that unless they were part of a Group. I sometimes needed that info with different criteria (such as age, precinct #, etc). I was also never able to get the system to use the voter as the default when out canvasing and it always reverted back to anonymous canvassing even though I had checked all the right preference boxes. I simply resolved this issue as best I could with training of the canvassers to be sure to select the voter manually.

Response from Ecanvasser

Replied July 2018

Hi and thank you for your review. As regards the export functionality for Houses, this is something that we are looking to implement in the coming months.

John from Solidarity

Industry: Semiconductors

Voter canvass

Voter canvass

Pros

Cons

The app crashed occasionally and some data was lost. I would like to see street addresses ordered by number by default and for the app to retain this stetting unless changed. As it stands it's necessary to change this every time. Also the app doesn't work unless the phone location/GPS. is on which is a big drain on the battery

Jennifer from Broken Arrow Public Schools

Excellent software that did everything we needed while out canvassing neighborhoods.

I made breaking into groups and canvassing neighborhoods simple and easy. We could all see who was where, the progress being made, and what areas we still needed to do. It gave you a sense of accomplishment to see all the gray triangles turning colors.

Pros

It was intuitive and easy to use. It was easy to find out the information about the house being canvassed and it was usually accurate. It was fast when using out in the neighborhoods. It was easy to see where other canvassers were so as not to overlap. It was easy to find who had already been talked to and what areas needed to be done. Zooming out, you can easily see neighborhoods and sections of town that might need more attention. I really liked having the talking points in the app so when someone asked me a question I had an idea of something to say.

Cons

You can't tell how many stars you have given a house after you have saved it in the app. There were several time we made the map 3D by accident but couldn't figure out how to fix it. The blue diamond for inaccessible, not at home, and call back was confusing when using the app. You can't tell if someone needs to go by again because the person was not home or if they want someone to call because they all are the same color.

Response from Ecanvasser

Replied July 2018

Hi thanks for your feedback, in the coming weeks it will be possible to customize canvass status and their associated colors.

Excellent Product and Support

Pros

This has made it so easy for us to track and get value from our canvassing efforts. It's been easy to train end users on how to use the app, even if they aren't really tech savvy. There have been great strides forward in stability and speed, and the customer service is top notch.

Cons

Used this tool for campainging but then made it a business lead devleoper

Pros

I used this product with my local candidate for city council only to then use it for business development. Great way to indentify leads and track interactions! Very versatile

Cons

Still buggy, and needs some love to make it fast and easy to use.

Response from Ecanvasser

Replied September 2018

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like an interesting use of the product and not uncommon. Would love to work on a user case study with you if you are available at any stage, just let us know.

Sue from Alberta Party

Industry: Political Organization

Simple and effective way to track support

Simple. We're using it to identify voter support for our Candidate in our local area. The data is easy to enter right at the source and easy to pull and analyze after.

Pros

Simple and intuitive to learn and use. Data can be entered right at the source without handling the information twice. Even those who aren't very confident with technology find it easy to navigate.

Cons

Some small tech glitches when not on wifi

Kevin from Rally Campaigns

Industry: Political Organization

ECanvasser may be the best I've found, but there's room for improvement

Y'all have a great app. The customer support team (in particular) is excellent. Even all the way here in the States I felt my campaigns got the attention they needed. You should think about integrating phone-banking, would basically conquer the world.

Pros

Ease of use. Simple for anyone to download the app and get going. Many different ways to cut turf (or not) and organize walks.

Cons

Billing is difficult. As a consultant, I wish I could charge multiple accounts on multiple different cards, rather than having to set different owners for every account. Additionally, there are some kinks that need to be worked out regarding canvasses at the household or individual level. Regardless of where the data goes, it shouldn't affect functionality of the backend as much as it does.

Joshua from Sandoval County Republican Party

Ecanvasser is Great

Customer service has been amazing as well as the learning center.

Pros

The ease of use for my team is unlike any other software that we have used in the past. Adding and matching voters and addresses is also very easy.

Cons

Certain signup process aspects are frustrating but once you get the hang of it becomse less noticeable.

Roland from Education

Industry: Political Organization

Mid size town, local office political candidate.

Pros

The technical ability of the software and the App are very broad. For my own personal campaign, it gives me a good tracking tool that helps keep my campaign moving. The map function is great.

Cons

As a small town candidate with out a campaign manager and using the software, I don't have the time and expertise to really take advantage of the full functionality. Using the app is pretty energy intensive while I'm out, it will kill my battery in about 4 hours. A few tweaks to the information I'd like to have as I approach someone's door would be helpful. I just don't know how to do it. Possibly a little quicker navigation to that info would be helpful when canvassing.

David from Mindi for Congress

Industry: Writing and Editing

More Work Needed

I enjoyed learning something new but the interface needs a lot of work to make key use cases simpler and more intuitive--both for canvassers and administrators.

Pros

The concept is great and the fact that it eliminates the post-canvass data entry bottleneck is hugely valuable because canvassers can stay out as long as they want--or canvass over a number of days--without worrying about getting the data back to a data entry person on time.

Cons

Assigning new canvassers to a canvass was time consuming and painful. I spent the first half hour of most of our canvassing sessions getting people to respond to the email, download the app, and assigning them to a canvass. While the version canvassers use on their phones is relatively simply to use, there are some annoying glitches. For example, there's no way to record whether a person has moved--or to take the name of the person now living at the address. Meanwhile, using the web version was painful. The process of cutting turfs isn't very intuitive. There's also no way to know how many doors are in the turf until you cut it and save it. If there are too many, you can delete it and try again--but there's no way to modify it otherwise. It would also be good to have a fast way to process people via the web version who unexpectedly show up to canvass. Something else that could be clearer is the process for printing out paper turfs. Many older canvassers preferred to record their data on paper--and then enter them into their phones afterwards. But trying to dope out how to do this was maddening. The printouts also lacked relevant data points, forcing people to take handwritten notes.

Griffin from Alberta Party

An excellent product

Pros

I liked the ability to doorknock and know what doors I have been to. The ability to customize the fields for questions and surveys was also an awesome tool during the 2019 provincial election.

Cons

I wish that I could play around more with the statistics.

Matthew from Bradford Green Party

Great software that is invaluable with election campaigns

Time Saving - More accurate data recording.

Pros

The software makes recording data on real time much easier and colates all the data from our election campaigns in one place. The customer service is amazing.

Cons

Whilst the new layout is more visually appealing, some of the functionality has been lost - particularly with Caseworking.

Response from Ecanvasser

Replied July 2018

Hi and thanks for the review. Glad you are happy with the software and keen to help you with any issue you might have in regards to Caseworking. I don't believe we have changed anything on the caseworking functionality but you may be having issues finding it in the new interface. Why not drop us a message on our support chat box and we can help you get sorted out.

Great if added more functions

Pros

The basic functionality was fine- straight forward to learn.

Cons

It was frustrating that there was no "moved" option- our team had to add this to the notes and manually deal with that data. We would have also liked to have the reports come out in a way that allowed us to sort multiple survey response answers. It also would have made it easier if the maps view showed only houses/ people on that canvasser's individual turf, rather than all houses/ people. It was also difficult having a limit to the number of turfs we could draw/ the price going up for adding more canvassers to the system.

Becky from Committee to Elect Becky Haugh

Great product

I am just starting out but overall I love it. Easy to set up, easy to use. Easy to export data.

Pros

Everything - it makes canvassing so much easier than paper lists or other software I have used in the past.

Cons

I can't add houses. But I'm going to reach out to customer support to ask if I can.

Reasons for Choosing Ecanvasser

I wasn't actually going to use I-360 but have used it in the past. I was going to skip software altogether but decided to give it a shot. I liked what I saw in the free trial so I purchased.

Reasons for Switching to Ecanvasser

I heard ecanvasser was a great app.

Amy from The Alberta Party

Feedback

Decent. Gave us good info.

Pros

That it helped you fund your location and speed up the input.

Cons

That if you are in street view and go to a different window that it didn't save your spot when you come back.

Greg from Alberta Party

Solid product

Pros

Very useful for a local campaign, especially when you have an existing data source

Cons

App occasionally crashes, but support is good. Would like to be able to more easily do bulk updates / data import

Emmett from Soldati for Congress

Not bad for price

We ran into some issues, but Ecanvasser was always ready to help. Could use some more user-experience to capture needs of field operations.

Pros

Cost effective and relatively easy to set up.

Cons

Lots of bugs, limited features based on need

Jake from Ycyor LLC

Great Support

It is great. I recommend it and have got several candidates and even a political party to use it.

Pros

When you are running campaigns on a limited budget, often you have to do without. I recommend Ecanvasser to all small campaigns with limited budgets. It gets the job done, is effective, and doesn't force you to buy extra stuff you don't need.

Cons

It imports to NationBuilder; however, the fields it imports could be improved upon.

Kassie from WAVE

Works Pretty Good

This has been a good option for us and has enabled us to execute new work in a relatively affordable and straightforward way.

Pros

Having undertaken a canvassing operation as a 501c3, we opted for ecanvasser. There was a learning curve, but the software has allowed us to do our canvassing with no paper and no data entry. In particular I like the star rating system, the ability to create a survey, and the real time updates on progress in the field.

Cons

I find the groups and teams layout somewhat annoying and more complicated than it needs to be. In particular I don't like that the user cannot limit their map view to a specific group at any one time. (eg it would be helpful to be able to pre-assign groups, but the more you assign, the more data canvassers have to sort through). The software is a battery eater too, so canvassers may need portable cell chargers.

Alexandra from Alberta Party

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Easy to use in field and review data captured

Pros

Ease of use, set your parameters and go.

Cons

Would have to reinstall frequently as the app would malfunction

Lee from CrossCurrentsLLC

Easy and effective

Easy for campaign volunteers to use and provided me with real time data.

Pros

Easy to use touch screen interface, real time data.

Cons

Mapping can be off at the start. Easily fixed by customer service.

Zachary from Imperial Independent Media, LLC

Industry: Government Relations

Perfect product, perfect price point

Ecanvasser is always extremely responsive and their team is great at what they do.

Pros

This software is very easy for my clients to learn and easy for me to administrate on the back end. Plus, you can't beat the competitive pricing compared to other industry-leading products.

Cons

The software lacks the ability to color-code households, which would be helpful in many cases.

Reasons for Choosing Ecanvasser

Pricing has a lot to do with it, but it's honestly just a great product.

Roderic from Green Party

Ecanvasser has allowed me plan and track my engagements with voters much more effectively

Increased engagement with voters.

Pros

I like the ability to rate voters, to organise my responses to their queries, to store information about them.

Cons

Originally, it wasn't as well set up for the peculiarities of elections in my country, but the system is regularly altered and improved.

Graham from Ottawa Area Campaigns

Great tool for canvassing

Pros

Amazing customer support! Very responsive to concerns and happy to make modifications on the fly to support the development of the app.

Cons

The app is very different on Android and iPhone, which makes training volunteers a bit tough. While the functionality is all there, it is in different spots and sometimes harder to get to. Also the ability add new users from the app versus the website would be helpful

Ahmed from Oil & Energy

Review for Ecanvasser app

Pros

The software is easy to use, as a campaign manager i was able to follow the volunteers for the project, the assistance was amazing : i had a quick response for every question i asked

Cons

The app Go Ecanvasser had too much bug and didn't work for old phones which made the work hard and complicated for our volunteers and campaign staffer.

William from Re-elect Judge Bill Old Campaign

Ecanvasser

It has been good. Used by multiple teams simultaneously and clearly indicated where the teams had been.

Pros

The ability to search for addresses by street.

Cons

Does not always populate the addresses that have been reached.

Better features

Nikita from Nikita Kostyuk for School Board

Industry: Political Organization

Good foundation, needs more development

Overall, our experience with Ecanvasser was not the best. In the future, we'd probably look for another option before reconsidering this platform.

Pros

Ecanvasser has a good start. The platform has some good solid foundations.

Cons

Still needs a lot more work to fix all the bugs, trip ups, glitches, and crashes.

Response from Ecanvasser

Replied February 2019

Thanks for the feedback Nikita, I think the product has moved on significantly in the past two years since you used it. Would love to see you back to see new functionality and reliability of the product.

Francis from Education Management

We had issues with usability for our volunteers but the data import function worked nicely.

It was nice the amount of data that we were able to import. I liked how most of my data points were represented in the pre-defined data parameters.

Pros

Cons

The usability for non-tech -savvy users was really bad. Most users had a difficult time signing up. They either didn't get the invite email or text or when they did it went to spam. Also, the iOS version of the app had some additional functionality that wasn't readily apparent in the Android version. It was also very frustrating when the houses on the map did not appear in the correct location. This lead to a lot of going over the same territory more than once to find a house. The canvas part of the app didn't work very well on Android but seemed to be a usable feature on iOS. When using the canvass list on an iOS device it seemed to work better and be more accurate vs the Android version. I went as far as to also import the GPS coordinates of the houses to improve the accuracy of the maps but that didn't seem to help. I would have also liked a quicker turnaround on the customer support.

User Friendly

Using e canvasser during the Alberta election and have had no real issues that haven't been able to be address quickly.

Pros

Ease of use when on the doors. Easily navigate to where you need to be. Extremely user friendly. When you send the team at ecanvasser an issue it is resolved in a timely matter

Cons

Not having the ability to go back in and edit once something is saved

Nada from Municipal political campaign

Ecanvasser assessment

So far it has been extremely helpful and the support team is extremely helpful.

Pros

The ability to canvass with ease. It made it faster and more accessible with the technology ecanvasser provides.

Cons

I wish there was a functionality to select all members of a household at once and allow them to have the same support rating instead of selecting each individual separately.

Cassandra from Arkansas Public Policy Panel

Powerful Tool with Training

Pros

Ecanvasser is quick to download and the process from downloading to use is very straight forward. All of the interfaces are clean and I appreciate the ability to limit information people out in the field get. The real-time updates are a plus.

Cons

My customer service experience hasn't been the best. I was never able to set up a formal training so I have had to learn everything on my own. I've had it for months and am only now figuring out the scope of what I can do with it.

Reasons for Choosing Ecanvasser

I chose Ecanvasser because my NationBuilder expert recommended it. Had it not been for Marco, I would not have chosen Ecanvasser.

Andeww from Pixel Politico

Good Option for Budget Campaigns m

Overall, I was impressed at the value of the product and quick turnaround for set up. Many providers take several days to onboard—we were up and running the same day. When you’re in a bind, this can make all the difference. Likewise, customer service was great and were very easy to get in touch with

Pros

The platform was at a reasonable price point for lower budget campaigns and provided a suite of useful features for experienced staffers to take advantage of. More, uploading and tagging data was relatively easy in comparison to other popular services.

Cons

Some features, including integration with other services, proved difficult for volunteer staff to navigate. The backend requires a certain degree of experience that doesn’t match the entry level pricing.

A great, straight forward approach to canvassing

I think it works well, it’s efficient and intuitive. Sometimes the screen freezes, and the houses have disappeared and the. Reappeared causing me to backtrack. Other than those glitches it’s a good app.

Pros

I like the ease of use, it’s very intuitive.

Cons

I don’t like that you can’t see the results of your canvassing from the phone app, you have to go online. After a night of canvassing, I’d like to be able to see which houses want lawn signs from my phone. We’ve had to physically write down those addresses in order to drop them off that night. Also, I’d like to see how many houses I knocked on at the end of the night from my phone app. I wish the results were available without having to go online.

Stéphane from Councillor Mathieu Fleury

Industry: Political Organization

Easy to use. Simple. I like the design.

Pros

You have great customer service. Every time we have a question you are there to help and it's fast. Everybody can use it. It's simple.

Cons

Sometimes the map is not completely accurate. Would be nice to have an option to upload a picture. Impossible to invite another user on your phone.

Alison from WCB - Alberta

Great for Doorknocking!

Worked with eCanvasser on a municipal political campaign

Pros

Very easy and intuitive to use while doorknocking

Cons

Sometimes it took too many clicks to get to the correct screen details

Very interactive and amazing platform for managing your team

Pros

As a campaign manager I decided to give it a try. Although we cant pay for it due to the financial status of the race, we saw that it does provide a lot of advantages when it comes to organizing your team. The fact that you can assign your volunteers to a certain area and they could see the voter's location is pretty amazing.

Cons

Pricing is sometimes an issue especially for very small races with a very limited budget.

John from Mindi for Congress

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

A useful tool that doesn't quite fit

The platform is uncluttered and easy to use. Much of its functionality however is rather clunky. If your number one priority is creating walking lists quickly and easily ecanvasser performs great, though the files it exports won't us your nomenclature, which is annoying. If sorting the results is your focus, prepare to do most of that yourself, ecanvasser doesn't currently have that functionality.

Pros

The mapping feature is great. It is super easy to use and delivers a walking list in spreadsheet form. My only complaint here is that once saved it cannot be edited.

Cons

Overall the platform is not very intuitive, things you would expect to be able to do you cannot. Among these are non-sortable files and file names that don't include key information.

Dave from Dave for City Council

Industry: Political Organization

Great product for political canvassing.

Paperless and automated data compilation

Pros

Paperless so that canvassers do not have to look awkward. automated compilation of data makes after-canvassing work simple.

Cons

Lack of not in any group sort choice. Lack of sort ability on people screens. But, these are VERY minor issues.

Overall, we had a good experience.

Pros

The ease of use of the map features and the integration with the Nation Builder platform were the best features of the Ecanvasser software.

Cons

It would bump us off or close us out once in a while. Other than that, there were not many problems. It was very helpful.