All ExceedFurther Reviews

Reviewed October 2017

Transitioned to this platform for combined benefits of ease of used and reduced costs.

Realized immediate results in on-line fundraising through implementation of the peer-to-peer fundraising application.

PROS

Upon transitioning to the Donor Community platform we immediately implemented peer-to-peer fundraising with the board of directors which had an immediate impact on our annual campaign. The ease of use and ability to engage was an instant home run for the organization and significantly increased board engagement in the fundraising process.

CONS

Transition is always difficult, that being said the team at Donor Community worked with us closely through the process and turned what can be difficult into a fairly seamless process.

Lindsey

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2017

MMFRS is a robust system that covers all the bases.

MMFRS is amazing. The product is great, the customer service is the BEST I've ever seen, regardless of industry. MatchMaker makes it easy for me to do more meaningful fundraising work, rather than being stuck in the office doing paperwork. It makes a lot of the "back office" tasks take a quarter of the time they once did, freeing me up for other things. I couldn't give them a more glowing recommendation - they have consistently worked with me on any issue, even helping develop organization-specific data entry - making it work even more efficiently and effectively for my organization.

PROS

1. The system is easy to navigate: you can easily find your way through the system. 2. It's so easy to enter meaningful data. The fields are usable, and you can add infinite custom fields to make it work specifically for your organization or scope. 3. The customer service is the best around. I can't think a single vendor or company that compares in terms of customer service. They are amazing - you get a real person on the phone 98 times out of 100; when you don't, you leave a message, and they call back within an hour. I can't say enough about the team they have! 4. It's everything in one place: donor management, pledge management, gift tracking, grant tracking, volunteers, events, mailings and donor contact, and so much more. you get the whole program, without having to "add on" functionality to make it work. 5. It is a miracle worker for small non-profits - it does so much, and is very affordable. It's like having another person in the office, without the cost of one.

CONS

1. I always forget the steps to set up a tribute. Literally - that's my only complaint. User error. I get started on a gift, realize I haven't set up the admin side appropriately and have to back track. I wish there were a shortcut.

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2018

Outstanding Customer Service

We started with Exceed because it was the most economical for our start-up non-profit. Three years later, after a lot of research and demos with other platforms, we stayed because we value their business approach. The price was comparable to others; the tools about the same as others; the user interface not nearly as user friendly; but their customer service and how they valued us as a customer was unsurpassed. No heavy sales pitch. No overselling. No nameless support team. Every person knows who you are, what your business mission is, and how the Exceed team can help you succeed. Bottom line -- they care about you and your organization.

PROS

Anytime I have a question or issue, the support team is fantastic. Questions are always answered fully and timely with a real person you can develop a relationship with. They value their customers and want to do whatever is needed to make sure the product works for what you need. They recently merged two companies and are working hard creating solutions to meet all needs -- CRM and fundraising. The infrastructure is incredibly robust and offers plenty of customization.

CONS

It's not very pretty compared to other vendors. And some of the queries are difficult to learn, but once you understand the logic, it is easy to replicate.

Ellen

Reviewed August 2017

Exceed Beyond is a powerful yet easy-to-use system -- we highly recommend it!

While no software solution is perfect, one of the great advantages of Exceed Beyond is that the team is always ready and willing to help problem-solve an issue so that we are able to get the results we need.

PROS

As long-time Exceed users, we're so pleased with the transition to Exceed Beyond. Having access to our database from anywhere is a huge plus, and it incorporates the features we have always appreciated about the software, including an intuitive and easy-to-use interface and all of the functionality we've come to depend on to effectively manage our fundraising efforts. I'd like to give a special shout-out to the support team for their incredibly prompt and helpful response anytime we've come up with an issue. They're great problem-solvers and they've also been terrific about customizing features to meet our needs, such as creating custom reports and even adding new features. Exceed Beyond manages our data so that we can focus on building relationships and raising the resources to support our students.

Lynn

Reviewed May 2017

Matchmaker makes my job so much easier!

It is fast, efficient, practical and makes my job so much easier.

PROS

Imagine running reports on just about any aspect of your income, projects, events, with just a few clicks of your mouse! And ready made reports geared specifically for your business! Oh, and the always available customer service and training options when you are venturing into more complex and uncharted territory! Oh and the amazingly easy task of sending everyone in your Matchmaker program and email! But wait, there is more! You can track income for specific projects, create a simple mailing by auto-filling the information into one template, printing all of the letters AND envelopes and boom! mail them! It even gives you a zip code analysis if you need it for non-profit bulk mail! Oh, I can't even BEGIN to tell you how many functions this software allows because we don't even utilize it to the fullest of its potential! This software has that can make your business practices so much faster!

Don

Reviewed February 2023

Managing donors at a small non-profit

Overall we are very satisfied with ExceedFurther. It is an excellent fit for us, we look forward to utilizing more modules and features in the future.

PROS

The ability to easily keep track of donors and related information is a huge benefit to us. Additionally, the ease of reporting based on the various campaigns or type of donor is essential to our fundraising efforts.

CONS

No concerns at this point. Just looking for time to take advantage of other features.

Reason for choosing ExceedFurther

We migrated from Indeed that we were hosting on our server to the online version of Exceed. We liked the ease of the migration to the online version. All of the data transferred easily and the learning curve with the newer version was overcome quickly.

Marcia

Reviewed May 2017

Matchmaker offers a non-profit a beneficial software program and efficient support staff.

PROS

The software is easy to learn. A non-profit can really benefit from the Matchmaker reports and information that can be generated. Long range future planning can be implemented by utilizing the information that is at your fingertips. At our organization we have multiple users, but I am the person who uses it most.

CONS

It will give me critical error messages that I don't understand, but I don't worry about it. I thought formulating a query in matchmaker was a little tricky. It took me awhile to learn this.

Hannah

Museums and Institutions, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2017

Overall great customer experience, lacking

PROS

The customer service could not be better! The people at MatchMaker headquarters took the time to walk me through each question to make sure I was comfortable with the answer and could duplicate the process again when needed. my rep was a wealth of knowledge and really understands how to make MatchMaker work for so many different needs.

CONS

At times difficult to bring in information from online Qgiv connection ( have found work arounds) It is very basic in the way of presentation (although you do not need all the bells and design whistles that some of the other softwares have) The reports seem very useful, but I am still waiting on a list of when to use what report.

Melanie

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed November 2017

Overall, it has enhanced our fundraising and donor management processes.

PROS

It streamlines our fundraising campaigns and helps us manage our donor base more effectively. It allows our donors to have direct access to information and provides them an opportunity to make online donations.

CONS

It requires technical skills and/or training to be able to navigate. Our Development and Community Relations team are the primary users and they invested time in learning the various features which allows us to get so much out of the software. Initially, it presented quite a challenge and we just didn't have a lot of time to invest in software mastery. However, one team member focused on learning the ins and outs which proved to be extremely beneficial. There are several training methods available, and depending on learning style, the end user is able to use tutorials, self-guided practice, and live instructor-led webinars. Personally, the webinars have been a source of hands on training with a personal touch. Both Manny and Craig provide guidance in a supportive and professional manner. They are extremely patient and address issues and concerns while walking you through each and every step. Their response time has been outstanding and the willingness to assist is apparent and appreciated.

Christina

Reviewed October 2017

Exceed is one of the most user friendly databases I've ever worked in.

PROS

I am incredibly impressed with the support team. Any time I have an issue or question that cannot be answered in the"Help" section, I receive quick and accurate help.

CONS

It would be incredibly helpful to have more options in the Quick Gifts Entry such as soft crediting and guest check in/check out. Also, a way to search for tribute gifts in Quick Gifts instead of having to scroll through every memorial/honorarium.

Betsy

Reviewed November 2017

I enter donor data for a no kill shelter. I enjoy the Web based platform because I can work at home.

We keep track of the donations of our patrons and can generate the year end letters they want for taxes. Please our staff can use the data for future campaigns.

PROS

Reports are easy, saving them, pledge payments we use for those who give each month. Love the acknowledgement letter process.

CONS

1. when a donor is not in, I hate having to go to add, household, retype the last name, no it isn't listed then click add at the bottom. 2. to print the list of donors in a batch, too many steps. couldn't we print the list from the batch menu. instead of See details, Print details, go to the download, save and open in Excel. urgh. I like to print a hard copy for each batch and include it in the packet. 3. generally slow since it is web based. and I do close tabs but still it bogs down.

Jeff

Automotive, 201-500 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed September 2018

Will do everything but not as intuitive as I hoped.

PROS

—I can house all the constituent information I would ever need —Comprehensive reporting —Premier tech support. They are always there for us. I am sure any comprehensive CRM Donor Management system would be hard too figure out, but this tech support has made all the difference in our organization. They are worth all the short comings of the software.

CONS

—Constituent Information resides in different areas that are not accessible to some reporting filters. —When building a report I have filter choices that are not compatible with other filters. It would be nice to hide non-compatible filters. —Hard to understand and see which filters are compatible and those that are not. —Mail merge does not have enough controls to customize a letter. We just export the data and merge in InDesign.

Reviewed May 2018

Use this software every day for our donor data base and reconciliation of donor giving. Extremely

PROS

Multiple reports at every level, in-depth information about donors. Retention of records and ability to sort information by dates.

CONS

the search function - every time you make an entry (gift, guest, etc.) you enter the donor name and search and wait - and then if they are new an you make a new entity, you have to search again and wait again. duh

Beth

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2016

From the first contact, the staff of DonorCommunity have been dynamite! They are professional, responsive, friendly, and could not be more supportive of our needs. As a small organization, we needed a fundraising solution that was affordable, yet comprehensive. We have found just that and more with DonorCommunity. It is easy to use, allows us to keep all of our donor information in one place, and gives us a complete picture of each constituent's activity. We no longer need separate systems for events, a CRM, newsletters, donations, form building, etc. Thank you to the entire DonorCommunity team from JoshProvides!

PROS

We like how easy it is to learn and use and that all of our data can now be housed in one place.

CONS

Would like the store feature to be a little more robust.

Danielle

Reviewed May 2017

I have used the Matchmaker Software for the past 6 years. It is easy to to use and navigate.

PROS

I like that it is easy to look constituents up by different attributes. I also like that I can rapid post a gift that is received from the constituents.

CONS

What I least like about the software is that I can't search for the middle names or birth names (as in maiden names).

Laura

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2018

I have been entering data, writing queries, pulling reports, etc. using MatchMaker since 2006.

PROS

I can ALWAYS count on customer support via email or telephone! "Rapid transaction entry" of donations is so helpful.

CONS

There are some features I fumble using; writing queries, recalling where to edit lists or amend codes.

Ted

Reviewed August 2017

The software is intuitive, easy to use, and the customer service is unparalleled.

I have hosted an event and received online donations through our website. The software captured all of our constituents information and follows up with an email that you can craft yourself or they have templates already created.

PROS

I like the peer to peer ability to have constituents create and control their own fundraisers. I also like the all in one aspect of the product. You don't need to buy three different platforms for your CRM Arreva has it all covered. There are templates for all of your fundraising needs and if there isn't one you have the ability to create it. Again, and not of lesser importance the customer service is fantastic.

CONS

I would like to be able to run a simple old snail mail campaign using some of the templates. Honestly, this may be an option that I just haven't covered yet in my usage. I am fairly new but I'm sure if it's not there it will be soon.

Betty