• Pros

• "I like the functionality and adaptability of it to a variety of needs, and the customer support is amazing."

• "I love that I can get help when I need it. I love that my team with work with me to make sure I am happy. "

• "It fills a lot of my needs - kind of a one stop shop for non-profits. I can quickly update or use concierge service to update site. I can also easily access transaction reports."

• Cons

• "The website editing tools were my least favorite feature but customer service was really helpful with figuring them out."

• "Complicated, unique terminology, customer support is difficult to reach through appointment only, hours are not convenient to those living overseas."

• "Some of the fields within each campaign are redundant and could be better served on a global template."

Browse Flipcause Reviews

Randy J from President Tiny Giant Web Solutions

Best Non-profit Merchant

I'm currently working with my fifth customer and implementing FlipCause and my customers just love their services and customer service. So when my clients are happy I'm happy.

Pros

Customer service is their superpower. The software is definitely the easiest to use but their customer service is beyond anything I'm accustomed to. As a website developer I"m always advising clients on merchant services, and flipcause is my number one for nonprofits.

Cons

The portal is a little dated but has not reflection of the product or service.

Response from Flipcause

Replied August 2018

Randy, thank you so much for your thoughtful review. We love to hear what's working for you and the opportunity to provide timely and personal support to help our partnered organizations grow and do more!

Alberto from PFLAG New Orleans

Flipcause has been super useful in so many ways

Aside from the already-mentioned help with reporting, fundraising, and volunteer management, I feel that having a more intuitive web presence has helped legitimize us in the local non-profit community. We may have been around for 40 years, but our old website looked even older. This site has helped us communicate better with those that need us the most.

Pros

The best thing about this software is that it has helped organize our financial collection efforts. Before , our website could not process payments. Little did we know that we had many people that were willing to join our group, donate to our cause, and provide feedback. Flipcause has helped us with these passive collection efforts, increasing our donations dramatically. Is this the only thing I love? No! The volunteer management, communications, and reports are all worth a review in their own right. Their staff is very talented and responsive.

Cons

Some screens, when selected, take the end user to some redundant screens (Eg., the volunteer signup page has two stops that are not needed). All features can be customized and the options are sometimes not in intuitive locations... but their staff is always there to help point you in the right direction.

Reasons for Choosing Flipcause

The promise of having dedicated support, a site that could grow with us, and having most of the functions we needed provided by a company that was familiar with the needs of Non-Profit organizations were all very important to us.

Response from Flipcause

Replied September 2019

Hi Alberto, thank you so much for your review! We're so happy to hear that using Flipcause has helped you to better connect with your community and increase your donations. That's our mission! And thank you for your feedback on the redundant pages, I'll be sure to bring this to our Product team to see how we can improve this for you. Don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything else we can do to help.

Elaine from Reiki Foundation International d/b/a Reiki Home

Best Investment Ever!

All of our registrations and donations are in one place. Reports show a complete picture for each participant. This helps us easily understand what offerings are best received. Our first conference is coming next year. I'm excited to work with Flipcause on this HUGE project and having everything at my fingertips - registration, waivers, volunteer job descriptions, volunteer assignments, etc. Again, my advice - BUY IT TODAY. It is worth every penny you will spend. This platform has helped our organization grow already and we have only used it for a little over a year! Don't wait.

Pros

There are way to many things I like about the software to mention all. The BEST thing is having my own team who work closely with me to create a campaign that is professional, clear, beautiful and WORKS easily for participants. Team members are very quick to respond. Campaigns are ready within a couple of days for my review. I rarely wait more than one day to talk with my team, asking my questions and watching as they magically make the changes I desire. The team members are so much fun to work with! They are professional in every way, with excellent communication and technical skills. My requests are handled within 30 minutes and the campaign is ready to go. After that comes: awesome designs, functionality, ease of registering and donating. I have worked with the Donation and Registration Campaigns so far. My next step is to get our Volunteer needs online. Then comes Crowdfunding and the Store. Can't wait to experience the difference this will make for our organization! Having everything in one place makes it so easy! It is easy to get reports that are clear and accurate. Another thing that is impressive is that we made over $600 income because donors are asked to cover the fees when donating. That is more money for the organization! :) All in all, I don't have enough words to sing the praise high enough! This was the VERY BEST investment our growing nonprofit has made. AND they continue to add more ways to assist us. Just added the store!

Cons

The software takes time to learn - especially for someone like me with little understanding of the technology. The offset of this "con" is the Team does the work for me and is so helpful and willing to give me step by step instructions to pull a report, write a thank you, etc. I take a lot of notes in our conversations. Another "con" is that the email list functionality is in Beta testing. Once that happens then I can send newsletters through Flipcause. Right now our newsletters go through another platform and I have to remember to add our new members to that list! :) Being an international organization, having the ability to add language to the platform is really not needed. I just send the translations and the Team puts the information where it needs to be.

Response from Flipcause

Replied July 2019

Hi Elaine, Thank you for your kind words and thoughtful review! It makes us so happy to hear what a great relationship you've formed with your Success Team. Supporting you to make beautiful campaigns, run reports, and fundraise more money for your organization is what we're here for! We look forward to continuing to partner with you and your organization! :) P.S. We're also really excited to launch mass email functionality in the near future! I'll be sure to keep you updated on the timing for that feature.

Mary Ann from Westside Community Services

Dreadful Company + Terrible Customer Service

Not one benefit. This was supposed to be for our agency website. We serve the homeless with severe and persistent mental illness and did not receive the support needed. What a waste of money - $3,600 + a pending $1,800 that I am currently disputing with our credit card company.

Pros

I have nothing positive to say about this company!

Cons

We never got it to work. We paid for it for 2 years and now that I'm trying to terminate the 3rd year that I did not request, I am being given the run around.

n/a

Response from Flipcause

Replied August 2019

Hi Mary Ann, I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience! Your refund was processed 8/1 and you should see it in your account in 3-5 business days from that date. Our goal is to provide value to your organization; not to keep you locked into our platform. Your positive experience is extremely important to us and we will be reaching out directly to make sure this is fully resolved.

Mindy from Pasadenans Organizing for Progress

Flipcause is the Bomb

Flipcause from day one has been an exceptional company to work with. The customer service I have received has been exceptional. The ease of use and training - exceptional. They not only kept their promises but did one better and stepped up when the Techsoup offer ended and still provided us with the same benefits.

Pros

What don't I like? The price, the support, the ease of use - after reviewing lots of options Flipcause without a doubt was the best solution for us.

Cons

I am looking forward to the mass mailing component going live. This is the only thing missing that would make this package perfect in my opinion.

Reasons for Choosing Flipcause

The price was the most affordable for the size of our organization. This includes the charge for credit card processing which maxes out at no more ever than 1.5%. Because our organization essentially only has one employee, and I am contract and will be leaving at the end of October, we need something that provides a lot of support as well as putting all of our tools in one location. Flipcause does this with the exception of the mail program which will be up and running before the end of the year. It was also imperative that we had an easy to use donor database that could be updated by volunteers and board members and had easy-to-use report running features. Flipcause provides this within their package. Flipcause includes a website and the support I have received to date in creating that website and all the other tools has been nothing less than phenomenal. This was all during our trial phase without any commitment on our part. Having an up-to-date website with easy access to help services has been one of our biggest challenges and flipcause seems to be the perfect solution for this. Flipcause does not require any contracts and has guaranteed that no matter how our organization grows our monthly cost will remain the same.

Response from Flipcause

Replied June 2019

Hi Mindy, Thank you so much for your review. We're so happy to hear what a great experience you've been having. And we hear you on the mass emailing, we're looking forward to building this feature! I'll be sure to communicate with you as we get closer to a release date.

Nate from 5A Elite Youth Empowerment

5A Elite loves Flipcause

With Flipcause, we are now able to manage fundraising and registration like the big companies at a fraction of the cost.

Pros

What I like most is, because we are a small organization, we dont have the capacity to assign a staff member to fundraising. With Flipcause, we have a dedicated support team who make every step in every process easy to manage. I also like the fact that the look is very professional and gives the appearance that our organization is bigger than it actually is, which leads to increased fundraising sng.

Cons

Sometimes, it takes a really long time to update in the dashboard. Also, there are a lot of features that I just dont know about and so I dont feel like we are able to utilize the software to its full capabilities.

Reasons for Choosing Flipcause

Better customer service and the sales team wasnt too pushy. When people are to pushy, it makes me feel like they are trying to hustle me.

Response from Flipcause

Replied August 2019

Hi Nate, Thank you so much for leaving us a review. We love hearing that your support team feels like an extension of your staff, that's what we aim to do! And thank you for your feedback on how we can improve. We are always working on speed optimization of the Dashboard, so please let us know if you continue to have issues with slow updates so we can let our team know. As for learning about new features, this year we launched a "What's New" button at the top right corner of the Dashboard to highlight updates and new features. Be sure to check that out and if there's anything else we can do to assist, don't hesitate to let us know!

Mary from Stream Teams United

Industry: Environmental Services

A wonderful tool for our organization, plus a fantastic success team!

Pros

Flipcause is easy to use to create eye-catching, engaging campaigns. We have used Flipcause campaigns to create fundraising platforms and register participants for events. We began using Flipcause several years ago and have not had any problems with the software. The Flipcause employees (success team) are fantastic. They are responsive and help answer any questions in a timely manner. We are currently moving our outdated website over to a new Weebly platform through the Flipcause website package. The process has been easy, and the new website looks wonderful. Flipcause is an excellent resource for our small non-profit organization.

Cons

My only suggestion for improvement is related to the reports for various campaigns. If you want to figure out the amount of transaction fees, this requires you to do an extra step to subtract the amount received from the total of the transaction. It could be improved for the user to more clearly show a total of transaction fees on reports.

Response from Flipcause

Replied July 2019

Hi Mary, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! I'm so happy to hear that we've been able to support your organization in creating campaigns, registering participants for events and now updating your website! We love hearing that your Success Team has been responsive and able to give you the support you need. Thank you also for your suggestion on how we can improve reports. Reporting upgrades is on our roadmap and I will be sure to share your feedback with the team. Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to help!

Nancy from Seeds of Love

Flipcause is AMAZING!

My experience with Flipcause has been wonderful.

Pros

This software is so incredibly easy to use. It is intuitive. We were a beta user for the CRM and I love our new database. Super simple to use. Making changes to our website is easy, also very intuitive. I actually can't believe that this product is not #1 in the industry. It is easy to use and the customer service is excellent. Any question I have is answered within the day and I have even called after hours and had customer support. I can't say enough good about Flipcause. I love them.

Cons

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. This product is great. The customer service is excellent.

Reasons for Choosing Flipcause

We did not look at other products. I browsed through a few, but they were very expensive and difficult to use. I just happened upon Flipcause and I am happy I did so.

Response from Flipcause

Replied August 2019

Hi Nancy, Thank you so much for the review! We're so happy to hear what a great experience you've had with us. We're so glad you've found the platform easy to use and that we've been able to provide excellent customer service, that's what we strive to do!

Jennifer from Outdoor Heritage Foundation of Alaska

Easy to use, and they actually provide SERVICE!

We're managing our public content and tracking our donors. Flipcause makes it easy. When we use the phone line for help, we actually get help! The help staff are more than courteous and respectful, they have solutions, and they're enjoyable to talk to.

Pros

The software is intuitive. I was able to jump right in and add, delete, and change content when I took over for our organization. I'm doing similar tasks for other organizations on with other software, and I've recommended they switch to Flipcause because the same tasks take fewer steps and much less of my precious time.

Cons

We haven't found anything we don't like yet.

Response from Flipcause

Replied June 2019

Hi Jennifer! Thank you so much for your review. We love hearing that we've been able to save you time and provide you with great customer service. Your Success Team is always available to make sure you get your job done quickly and easily, so don't hesitate to continue to reach out when you need us!

Joel Daniel from TomTod Ideas

Industry: Think Tanks

Customer-centric, growing, value-priced.

Pros

The Flipcause team is very responsive to their customers. They don't feel like some gigantic organization that doesn't have time for you, like a lot of services out there. They're constantly working to expand and refine their product, and as a fellow startup, I can appreciate their roadmap and progress. And I don't think you'll find any other software that does as much for non-profits for their pricing. It's pretty unheard of.

Cons

Some of the backend of setting up campaigns and managing contacts is not as intuitive as I would want it to be. However, their support teams are super-accessible and willing to help. And, honestly, the more that a system is able to do, the less intuitive it generally is...no matter the system, you have to put in the work to understand it.

Nicole from Kenosha County Humane Society dba Safe Harbor Humane Society

Our humane society has been extremely impressed with the ease and functionality of using Flipcause.

We can now now update and customize our website whenever and however we like instead of calling a third party. I have zero experience with website editing and even for someone like me it is extremely easy to figure out. The biggest benefit has been that the credit card processing is all essentially done through our website as well. They charge the lowest credit card processing fee we have seen and then all the information is stored in a donor database in the back end. Another great perk of this software is the customer service/design team that comes with it. We host many events and donation campaigns throughout the year and they make it easy to customize and create something for each event on their website including ticket sales and specialty requests. If you don't have time to create the campaign yourself you can send the information over to them and they will create it for you. We really don't have enough great things to say about the Flipcause team because the change has just been so monumental since switching over. It is much less stressful to manage our website and donations and donor database through one company than having 6+ third parties we constantly have to call.

Pros

Prior to using Flipcause we had third party entities which hosted our website (3+ outside parties) plus more third parties that ran just the donation part of our website (again 3+ other parties). Because we were using all these third parties it was very difficult to track down individual transactions and edit our website or really just any of the basic components we needed to do. Switching to Flipcause has made a WORLD of difference. Now our online payments and website hosting/editing is all run through ONE company. We have saved a lot of money (and time) by cutting down on all the third parties we were using and have been able to take better control of our brand because it is so easy to run our website and donations on our own. A major bonus has been the donor database feature of the website. Customer service is always quick to get back to you, and they will even set up donation campaigns and events for you. Another great thing about Flipcause is they are always adding and updating features. I feel like they truly listen to their clients and what they need and update their software to fit that. Unlike other companies we've worked with, I truly feel like they are listening to us and care what we have to say.

Cons

We have been very satisfied with the software, and the customer service team. It may not be the ideal software for a very large non-profit, but for small-medium ones I think it is a great fit.

Karen from Housing Opportunities Made Easier

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Flipcause makes running a small nonprofit so easy

By switching to Flipcause we eliminated using Eventbrite (for registration), PayPal (for payment processing), WordPress (for website design), Donorsnap (for donor record management ... very powerful program but overkill for our small organization). I'm waiting for the last consolidation and the elimination of Constant Contact (for mass email).

Pros

I'm using Flipcause with 2 nonprofits I manage ... and love it. So handy to have event registration, sponsorship, volunteers, payment processing AND a friendly website all in one place. The team is always willing to help me customize a campaign for an odd-ball task like exhibit space reservation, and is always trying to update and improve the functionality.

Cons

Some people have thought our website to be less professional looking than it could. Would love to get it to that level of appearance, but without knowing programming codes ... is this even possible?

Response from Flipcause

Replied August 2019

Hi Karen, Thank you so much for your feedback! We're so happy to hear Flipcause has allowed you to consolidate all of your needs (event registration, payment processing, website editing, and donor management) all in one place, that's our goal! Mass emailing is definitely on our Roadmap and we can't wait to release it in the future. I'll be sure to let you know when we're close to a release date. As for your website, I will have our web team reach out to you directly to see how we can help you get your website to the level you're looking for! Don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything else we can do to support you!

Megan from Sweet Cheeks Diaper Bank

Everything is wonderful except mobile

Pros

What you get for the cost is incredible. No hidden fees or surprises. The success team is very responsive as well as the company as a whole. I've seen changes implemented in the platform that I asked for! They are constantly working to improve the platform and add everything that could be helpful to an organization.

Cons

The new mobile functionality has not been a good experience for us, and the follow up support with our problems and questions after our event was lackluster or didn't have the sense of urgency we would expect when you feel like you're missing a lot of money from an event. We thought transactions were going through during the event but it appears many of them didn't actually, with no way to recoup any of it.

Response from Flipcause

Replied May 2018

Hi Megan, Thank you for your feedback! Providing stellar service is of utmost importance to us. We're so sorry to hear about your event experience! We just pushed an update to the mobile app that fixes this payment issue from recurring. Please update your app to the latest version. We're also looking into what happened with the particular response you received to the issue, and want to make sure this doesn't happen again. We'll be reaching out directly to you as well to ensure this has been fully resolved. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention!

Rachelle from Visual Communications

I've been at two non-profits and used Flipcauase for both organizations. It's user friendly!

Pros

This platform is extremely easy to use and easy to teach. I'm glad that it has an intuitive backend that I'm able to use and train folks on my team within a day. The best part is, every time I need training on a new function, my success manager is able to get on a call with me within 24-48 hours to help. It's worth the money. For our non-profit, this platform has increased donor engagement for our year-round programs.

Cons

I wish Flipcause was compatible with our CRM system. Unfortunately, we've had our system in place for years but it's not a big deal that to us. Our membership database is always changing so it's not a huge inconvenience to import new contacts.

Response from Flipcause

Replied March 2018

Thank you for your review and feedback, Rachelle! I am so glad to hear of the ways this has made your life easier. I hope we can bridge the CRM gap for you soon. Did you know that we're just weeks away from releasing our own CRM as well? You can contact Christy or Alex for more details. Looking forward to seeing if this helps! Let us know how else we may be of assistance. -Darya

Sandy from Mercy Drops Dream Center

Industry: Philanthropy

simple, user-friendly, exactly what we needed WHEN we needed it

Other than an awesome website, a whole team of people there to help make my non-profit look better, and a super-easy way for our donors to interact with us? Not too much :)

Pros

Flipcause is the best service provider that I've ever encountered! At a time that the non-profit I work with needed a little boost with some of the services we were offering, but didn't know how to get there.... then came Flipcause. **Cue Angels and the Chorus** Events are easy to put out to the world, donations are streamlined, and even our website is able to be included. Have a question? Ask it. They're there for you. Need help putting an event out there? Ask it. Don't have time to put all the pieces of your event out into the world? They've got your back. As someone who has worked with a different companies that have all the pieces spread all around, this is the *BEST* because everything is all.right.here. One stop shop. And friendly. And our non-profit budget can manage it. Just do it. Hop on the 'why flipcause' call. You won't regret it!

Cons

Literally nothing. If I *HAD* to say a least, it's that it's not immediate. And that's on me... usually because I forgot to send them something... but it's as close to immediate as you can get when dealing with a company (literally 24 hours usually)!

Katie from Ncompass

So glad we found Flipcause

Ive loved flipcause! They are exactly what we were looking for at such a great price too!

Pros

The team is so attentive to our needs. Any time we need something done or have a question, my requests are handled timely and I never get the impression that my needs arent important. I love the capability of integrating with our website too! And the ability to automatically track donor data in one place from transactions makes my job so much easier

Cons

The report creating process can be a bit challenging. Some things require more steps than seem necessary

Response from Flipcause

Replied June 2019

Hi Katie, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so glad you found us too! We love hearing that your Success Team has been able to provide you with stellar service and that our platform has been able to make your job easier, that's what we're here for! In terms of reporting, we totally hear you. Reporting upgrades is on our Roadmap and we're excited to simplify the process for you.

Sarah from Labrador Hill Sanctuary

Industry: Farming

Flipcause has been invaluable in organizing and developing our new non profit campaigns and goals.

Highly beneficial to our very small non-profit in developing fundraising campaigns and in planning and hosting events-it is a cost effective low overhead administrative tool that we have found to be invaluable.

Pros

Flipcause provides a useful financial reporting structure for small non-profits and a creative springboard for fundraising ideas. The staff is available and helpful in problem solving . The simplification of record keeping provided by this system allows us to focus on our programming and on the animal residents of our Sanctuary without a big administrative overhead.

Cons

Would like to see a donate by text feature added- believe that may be available soon and the addition of this feature would make fundraising easier.

Sue from Brightstar Community, Inc.

So Thankful for Flipcause!

Due to the fact that we do not have a paid staff to assist with everything right now, having this service for such a low price has made our life so much easier! We are an all-volunteer, start-up nonprofit. Having a quality website, easy way of tracking donations and amazing ability to create campaigns has been worth every penny!

Pros

Amazing value with a quality product and outstanding service!

Cons

No way to send mass emails to contacts. Have to use Mail Chimp and it is difficult to use with the majority of our lists and tags are set up in Flipcause.

Response from Flipcause

Replied July 2019

Hi Sue, thank you so much for leaving us a review! We are thrilled to hear we've been able to make your life easier and provide you with outstanding service, that's what we're here for! And we hear you about mass emailing. It's on our roadmap to release this feature and we can't wait. I'll be sure to let you know when we're closer to a release date. In the meantime don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns!

Debbie from South Carolina Future Minds

Industry: Philanthropy

Excellent customer support with a very quick response time. Very easy to use!!!

Pros

Ease of use. We are able to use Flipcause for all of our financial backend needs. Campaigns can be tailored to use peer to peer fundraising, event ticket sales, merchandise sales and volunteer management. The platform is also donor friendly and gives the donor the option to cover all fees so that more funds come to us. They will also design individual campaigns for us - this is HUGE for a small staff of two.

Cons

Like with anything new the hardest part is simply learning the basics! I have found it hard to find tutorials on my own but their customer service staff is so quick to respond that it really is a non-issue.

Hands down this is the best tool for small nonprofits .... a must have!

Pros

Integrates in one place your website, various campaigns (events, donations, volunteers, etc.), donor management, and payment processing. Much less expensive than using separate tools. Fabulous support and service!

Cons

Still in development and so sometimes the campaign tools don't have the degree of flexibility to do very specific tasks, eg.: In-kind donations without payment processing (I did a work-around in Volunteer); Pay-at-the-door option for event registration. But the Flipcause staff is excellent in either creating the tool or showing me a work-around.

Response from Flipcause

Replied July 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that our support team has been able to help you get the most out of our tools. We are always looking to make improvements and your feedback is valuable in guiding those changes. We are currently working on some updates with the goal of making our campaign tools more flexible, we are excited to share those updates soon. As for Pay-at-the-door option for event registration, great news, we have launched our Flipcause LIVE Mobile App and card reader that would be able to accept payments during an event! You can call us at 800-523-1950 or email your Success Manager and they can get you set up with a card reader for your next event.

Tory from Standards of Excellence in Short-Term Mission

Flipcause impresses me everyday! It beats eTapestry and does even more than we hoped initially!

Flipcause helps us promote and solicit donations for projects, manage donor information and communication and, to our surprise, is the exact tool we needed for providing online registration for people who will participate in projects. Flipcause has allowed us to work more efficiently by providing the tools and means for participants to create their own fundraising page, eliminates paperwork, and makes reporting very easy. We were expecting to have to use (and pay for) two or three different solutions to accomplish our goals, but Flipcause addresses all our needs for one low cost.

Pros

The look is very clean and professional for our customer who use it The ability to clone previous projects is very efficient The customer service and user help is unbelievable There seems to be a solution for everything I want to do For software, it is fairly intuitive and easy to learn The cost makes it an amazing value

Cons

If I had to nitpick, I wish it had a way for the giver to register a pledge. We have to deactivate the activity page and that deactivates some of the features.

Response from Flipcause

Replied March 2018

Tory, thanks so much for your review! I'm so glad to hear of the ways this has made your life easier. Thank you also for your feedback on pledges. Pledge functionality is on our roadmap, but it may be some time before it's released. Keep sending us your suggestions, we're always building based on our clients' feedback! -Darya

Barbra from Respite and Research for Alzheimer's Disease

Flipcause has been a great transition for us from PayPal.

It is more user-friendly and more of our donors are using this process to submit donations rather than mailing checks. The Flipcause feature to email receipts and acknowledgments is wonderful too even though we still generate our in-house acknowledgments to donors and families.

Pros

We use Flipcause for online donations on our website. It simplifies this process for our donors. It gives them the opportunity to select from various fields for their donations and also includes the feature for our donor to opt to include the processing fee with their donation. The majority of our donors are including this expense in their donation which helps our agency in reducing cost.

Cons

I would like to see a detail of the items for each specific deposit we make. I typically have to manipulate the system to create what I need and then sometimes I have to cross things off.

Response from Flipcause

Replied May 2018

Hi Barbara, Thanks so much for your feedback! We're so glad to hear you and your supporters are finding it easier to use and it's helping you save on processing fees. We are working on improving the transfer/funds process and would love to have your input. I'll be contacting you directly. - Darya

Flipcause will have you back-flipping with joy!

Our experience with Flipcause to date has been overwhelmingly favorable. The support team that services our account is always available in a timely manner, and whenever we connect with a member of the team, the issue at hand is swiftly resolved.

Pros

As a VERY small nonprofit organization, our team searched extensively for a partnering entity that would allow us to manage and track activity as efficiently and economically as possible. Thanks to Flipcause's excellent user interface, bargain pricing and UNSURPASSED customer service, our goals have been achieved.

Cons

In my personal experience, there is nothing that I dislike. That notwithstanding, I very much look forward to the day when Flipcause launches its full-up CRM platform.

Holl from Hormel Historic Home

Flipcause has become invaluable to my organization. Training was great and support is fast.

Pros

We use the software for ticket sales, registrations, donations, and peer to peer campaigns. It helps us keep track of event attendees and donors. Creating campaigns is fairly simple and the customer support center is great for those times I can't figure something out. I also like the low credit card percentage.

Cons

It is sometimes difficult to figure out how to run the exact report I want. There doens't seem to be a way to view a report before completing it to make sure I am capturing all the information I need. I would like to be able to view and change the report before sending it because if I miss something I have to start the process all over.

Theresa from Escambia County Healthy Start Coalition, Inc.

Flipcause is an AWESOME platform and so incredibly easy to use. Pledge fulfillment is a breeze!

Pros

My accountant LOVES the reports I can generate for each campaign. I can easily create mailing lists, track donor gifts, and use the data to increase donor pledges. The web site is super simple to create with drag and drop elements. Customer service is top notch and the company is constantly finding ways to make a great product even better!

Cons

Ummmm... they just updated some functionality so this may be out of date (I haven't gone in to see the new dashboard) but it would be super duper to save graphic elements in the platform so you can build a gallery of photos and design elements instead of always having to upload them.

Courtney from Love For Ethiopia

Customer Service

Flipcause handles my website. They also handle the donations from our sponsors.

Pros

Cons

I really don't have any cons. They have always been very pleasant and helpful.

Lori from Ryan's House For Youth

We LOVE it!!!!

Pros

The fact that we have control and it is quick and easy and looks great! We appreciate the drop in features.

Cons

No crowdfunding or mobile features also would like to see other options for headliners and large pictures.

Response from Flipcause

Replied July 2018

Hi Lori, thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear that Flipcause has been quick and easy to use. We definitely hear you about wanting more front-end design options, we are working on creating more options in the future and appreciate your suggestions. We do also have the ability to set up crowdfunding campaigns on Flipcause: https://www.flipcause.com/rewards. All of our features are also mobile responsive and we've recently launched our Flipcause LIVE Mobile App for IOS and Android and mobile card reader: https://www.flipcause.com/app. You can call us at (800) 523-1950 or email your Success Manager if you'd like support in setting up a crowdfunding campaign or getting a card reader.

Marilyn from Pushing for Peace

Great prompt service. They did exactly as I'd asked in time for me to forge ahead!

Weebly? Great for our purposes.

Pros

I can do a lot with minimal skills and what I can't do, Team Phoenix does for me. It's not THAT different from Wordpress, which I've used in the past. The home page looks great. There's a SUPPORT button that pops up on each page, but it's respectfully in the lower right corner so it doesn't feel too grasping. We can change the content ourselves as we add more Peace Missions. Other Peace Games Ambassadors should be able to add their content too which will add more and more followers to our cause, which we desperately need!

Cons

Can't figure out how to add text to pix, but I'm getting there. My assistant figured out how to add a BLOG to the menu on her own, so it's not rocket science. I think I'll be able to figure it out so we can add the immediate and ongoing story of our work for our supporters. It's a learning process and certainly not rocket science! Whenever faced with a problem, the Team has fixed it within 2 days, so that solves the problem, but it feels best to DYI.

Joann from Food Chain Workers Alliance

Great fundraising platform at a good value

We have raised a lot of donations and paid less for the transactions than when we used other fundraising platforms.

Pros

The software is easy to use, so our non-development staff can create their own fundraising campaigns. The cost and the transactions fees are also very low compared to what I found with other fundraising platforms. The customer service folks also always respond very quickly and are helpful.

Cons

I have suggested to Flipcause that they combine the Donation level selection page, Personal information entry page, and Card information entry page into one page. Less clicking for potential donors. They responded positively to my suggestion and are passing it on to their development team for a future update.

Vivian from Mid-Valley Literacy Center

Your team is always available and they provide excellent help.

Pros

Easy to use and adaptable to our website. Reports for all donations and student fees is easy to access. Our staff find it a great program.

Cons

Some features are not available. For example, we would like to use it for Donor information and tracking.

Response from Flipcause

Replied July 2018

Hi Vivian, thank you for your feedback. Great news, we recently launched our CRM beta which can be used to track donor information. Here's more information on our CRM beta: https://www.flipcause.com/crm. If you have any questions or concerns about CRM give us a call at 800-523-1950 or email your success manager.

Jim from Pregnancy Resource Center of Salt Lake City

From day one the service has been great, and it has not fallen off.

Ease of use, great pricing, makes many aspects of fundraising more efficient.

Pros

Flipcause's ease of use and pricing are the most wonderful aspects of the software. We have a small staff for our non-profit, so having this tool make many aspects of fundraising for efficient is also great.

Cons

I already get a great return on investment, but I would like more functionality to be added. But in classic Flipcause style, they are working on adding more functionality!!! What a great decision to go with Flipcause.

Sierra from Snowdays Foundation

Superior Fundraising Software

Flipcause has helped our organization run more efficiently and our donations have increased since we started using.

Pros

All of our donations and fundraising data automatically sync with the software which is incredibly helpful because entering the dollar amounts is tedious. The reports feature is my favorite Flipcause feature because it helps us track funds and donor engagement. The cost if reasonable for non-profit organizations and its nice that the software is intended solely for non-profits. The direct link for donations and payment button look great on our website. The events and registration features are very useful for fundraising events. I also love that there is a mobile app as well.

Glenna from Glut1 Deficiency Foundation

Made the switch to Flipcause last fall and we've been very happy!

Pros

Clean, modern look. I also like the easy report features, simple one step process to add a payment, and the option to allow donors to cover their transaction fees.

Cons

Printing receipts is tricky - it wants to pull up the previous donor receipt and is slow. I also would like to see an option for peer to peer fundraisers to be able to see their donors mailing addresses for hand written thank you notes. Anonymous donors do not show for peer to peer as well - it is fine not to show publicly but it would be much easier if it showed the individual fundraiser. Email functionality from the database would also be a big bonus.

Sean from Jason Taylor Foundation

Embrace the technology! You won't regret it!

We are a very small organization who values every single dollar that comes in. The FlipCause platform allows us to operate much more efficiently while allowing our supporters an easy and secure avenue to contribute to our programming. While there is a learning curve with getting things set up initially, we are supported 100% by our wonderful Success Manager. She is knowledgeable and patient in getting us up to speed. In addition, they are always looking to improve and are appreciative of our feedback as it helps them to create a more robust system for us, the non-profit users. Give it a shot! I promise you won't regret it!

Pros

Flexibility to customize

Cons

Learning curve, things are somewhat spread out so you have to go to a few different areas in order to make some changes.

Randy from Intersection for the Arts

Flipcause has been great adapting to our needs!

Pros

The adaptability for use by our 150+ member projects has been really helpful. The donation money arrives in the account quickly and it the reports are clear.

Cons

We gave up on the ticketing system because it wasn't user friendly. Data entry was painfully slow and other ticketing services run more smoothly.

Cristie from Taylor Hagen Memorial Foundatoin

Excellent

Each time we want to make a change or add something to our site, the team is quick, responsive and detailed with our requests. The turn times have made it easy for us to launch our new ideas. We are happy with the service that Team Super Nova provides our team.

Pros

I love the features that flipcause provides with the website from the fundraising ability to the CRM database

Cons

We have not had any issues with the software.

Response from Flipcause

Replied April 2019

Cristie, were thrilled to hear that your team and concierge is helping you get your jobs done quicker! Stellar service is hugely important to us. Thank you for your review, and dont hesitate to let me know if theres anything else we can do! - Darya, Client Experience Director

Cassie from Retail

Industry: Fund-Raising

LOVE IT! It's a game changer for us!

It's easy. I am busy. I don't have time to jack around with junk ... and this thing is beautiful, and looks matter in the modern age of electronics. It's updated, it helps us "fake" we are in the know of the century on paying online, monthly donations, thank you's, etc. when really it's all FlipCause that does it for us!

Pros

Easy to use and setup. Help is EASY to get, and quickly. We have raised a lot more money that we ever could with people just being able to "mail a check" ... the monthly recurring donation aspect is awesome! The event registration is so easy and our community loves the options we can offer, and so do our teachers!

Cons

I had a learning curve with posting the links to our personal website, but did get Flipcause to help. So my con was a hard one personally for me, but it was done quick with the help of support!

Tom from AIDSpirit USA

Prior to Flipcause we struggled to maintain our website and keep it current, effective and viable

The software has enabled our team to respond quickly to changes, create very effective fund raising campaigns, effectively track contributions, and most important to remain relevant as a non-profit. Our organization is comprised of all volunteers and the funds we raise go directly to the work we are doing so any administrative cost such as web hosting etc. affects our ability to fund our projects. Flip cause is an incredible value proposition for our non-profit!

Pros

I love everything about this software, it's ease of use, reports, ability to create fund raising campaigns, make changes and their customer support is beyond great! What I like best however is how quickly and professionally they respond to our needs and interact with my team. If I could I would give them 10 stars out of 5!

Cons

I have asked every member of our team to tell me what their issues were with Flip cause and thus far there are none. We love the responsiveness, the cost vs. value is outstanding and as such I have no negative comments!

Nancy from Seeds of Love

I am not a tech person but FlipCause is so easy to use.

Pros

I love everything about FlipCause. Ease of updating the website, blog. Online donations are easy. Donor data collection amazing. Crowdfunding a piece of cake. Customer service is excellent. I LOVE FlipCause.

Cons

What I like least about FlipCause is that more people aren't using it. I don't remember how I came across FlipCause but I am so happy I did. NEVER a problem, thus no cons.

Celith from US-Mexico Border Philanthropy Partnership

Flipcause has been incredible for us! We are able to facilitate and increase fundraising efforts.

Pros

Easy to learn and use! Flipacuase is constantly upgrading their systems and customer representatives are always available.

Cons

There really is not that much not to like. It is very intuitive and easy to integrate into your website.

Flipcause has met and exceeded all of our expectations.

We are able to run almost every campaign type we need and have a huge amount of flexibility.

Pros

All of the features are available at every price point, and there is ongoing development to continually improve the software. The developers listen to the customers and have created a dynamic, beautiful product that's easy to use and meets so many different needs.

Cons

There are some minor customizations that would require access to the coding that customers don't have - which I understand the reasoning behind. The restriction maintains quality control. We have very few complaints about this software.

Anya from Historic Salem Inc

Industry: Fine Art

Great product in theory but still working out kinks

I'd recommend Flipcause to a medium-sized, well-established non-profit looking for something new in the fundraising software market. Flipcause isn't that great for start-up non profits with small budgets and low donor activity.

Pros

Customer service is great. The option to allow donors to take on the card processing fee is fantastic. Product has a lot to offer, features-wise.

Cons

Company is still growing so some tools are not in place yet (like a shopping cart feature for multiple purchases), overall look and feel is a little cheesy but it gets the job done, site can be glitchy on occasion

Anna from The Quinan Street Project

Great customer service

Flipcause has always been a great company to work with!

Pros

This software has its challenges, but the people who run customer service are lovely and helpful.

Cons

I did get into a loop in customer service where the team was not able to determine what my needs were, but when I requested to speak over the phone I got a phone call back and everything worked out great.

Response from Flipcause

Replied August 2019

Hi Anna, thanks so much for your review! We're so glad to hear your Success Team has been able to provide you with the support you need. We're here for you and looking forward to continuing to support your organization's needs.

Deborah from Therapy Animals of Utah

We've only been with Flipcause for 2 months, but I'm loving it already!

Pros

Most of all I like the customer service! Our success team is easy to contact and works very, very hard to meet my every request promptly and completely. I like the new website, and I enjoy being able to make some minor changes to it myself. However, the success team does all the big stuff and takes a lot of work off my plate! I still have a lot to learn about the possibilities for our organization, but right now I'm glad we chose Flipcause. What a great organization for small non-profits!

Cons

Sometimes the editing site does not work, and I'm unable to add new events, download documents, or save my work without lots of tries. I really wish the site would cooperate with Constant Contact as well as Mail Chimp. We are also waiting in hope for the site to be able to do online auctions.

Naomi from Clowns Without Borders

Streamlined Service

As a small organization, we'd never been able to justify investing in fancy CRM. We cobbled together the services we needed, often losing high percentages of our donations or ticket sales. It was a constant nightmare of keeping track of which donor preferred which method, not to mention the hassle of reconciling so many accounts. With Flipcause, we don't have to compromise. We have customizable service, at a rate we can afford, and we have an account manager who treats us like we're his most important client. I know exactly who I'm talking to when I call for help. Over this past year, I've seen how my feedback impacts the platform's growth. It's exciting to watch a service evolve, and to grow along with it. This attention to customer feedback means that all of the users are benefiting from others' experience. I didn't think it would be possible for us to get a service that was so flexible within our budget. My teammates and I are able to use the service for our very different needs - from volunteer management, event registration, to fundraising. I love that I can create a specialized campaign with such ease. One of the biggest rewards has been starting a recurring donor program. I set it up during our free trial, and by the end of that month, I knew we would stay.

Kyle from York Street Project

Flipcause enabled my organization to make a dramatic shift towards capturing online donations.

Pros

No additional add-on charges for different products & services Extreme cost-to-performance value Campaigns can be created and edited very quickly and easily Very easy to use

Cons

No "shopping cart" function Not all fields can be customized P2P campaigns are not end-user friendly When editing published sponsorships/registrations groups/store items, after you hit save it closes the entire section of published fields. This is annoying when you have to make edits on multiple fields.

Rob from New Mexico Dream Center

Outstanding!

Pros

The platform is easy to use, easy to understand, and what we needed help with our account manager was right there to help us.

Cons

There is No text to give feature. We would really like to see this as we used a text to give platform prior so many of our donors were looking for this feature.

Flor from Electric Girls

Flipcause works well for us in accepting online donations, recruiting volunteers, event registration

Pros

Easy to use, customize, and integrate to our site. We are able to retain branding with it. Allows for many functions in event registration.

Cons

Not a great CRM tool. Also wish that reporting was better - you cant make changes to reports and have to wait on customer service to do that.

Hal from THE BE PERFECT FOUNDATION

The exact missing piece to the puzzle that I needed

Pros

It is user-friendly, the customer service is timely, the functionality is amazing, and it is serving a huge void of something that was missing for taking the foundation to the next level. It is an industry low price at a high-quality value.

Cons

Is there any? Everything about the software is something that is pivotal in terms of donor management, volunteer management, ease of transactions and donations.

Sarah from Austin Angels

AMAZING

Pros

I like how easy it is to use, but my fav part is the success team. They reply so quickly and are always incredibly helpful. Life changing. I also love the reporting. I used to maintain tons of excel documents trying to keep track of everything and FC automates that and eliminates all that extra work and all the possibilities for data entry error.

Cons

I wish there was an annual users conference. I feel like I only know 1/8 of what the software is capable of doing.

Response from Flipcause

Replied May 2018

Hi Sarah, Thank you for your feedback! What a fantastic idea - a user's conference! We are looking into more ways to provide resources to ensure everyone is getting the most out of Flipcause and everything it has to offer (which is a lot). Thank you for your suggestion, we will definitely factor this into the improvements we're working on.