Browse FrontSteps Reviews

Angela from Stellar Community Management

Easy to use!

Homeowner payments and notifications are definitely the best part of this site, and of course, the ability to communicate with members inside of this portal instead of a separate email process is quite nice.

Pros

The set up of the site was really easy. I can be technologically challenged, and since this is not my primary job or service that we provide to our clients, it is nice to be able to set it up without too much assistance! The daily notifications and ease of operation is also quite nice.

Cons

There is always room for improvement.... It would be nice to have a "general information" page available on the main screen, as opposed to only recent bulletins that have gone out. It would make it easier for members to be able to find important information without having to search for it.

Reasons for Switching to FrontSteps

AtHomeNet was 'supposed' to be going away... so we were a bit forced into the decision at the time. AtHomeNet utilizes a friendlier on screen experience for the members, with the artwork and overall beauty of the site, however Frontsteps offers more options, which eased the pain of transition.

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Replied September 2020

Hi Angela, thank you for the positive feedback. I'll pass along your notes to our product team.

Thomas from Blue Sky Management

The learning curve has been long but that is probably more todo with the size of our company and needing to know everything, not just the AP or AR or ARC, etc. portion.

Pros

Filled an AIO solution instead of multiple vendor options.

Cons

There are constraints that do not allow the end user flexibility in undoing or removing an entry or repairing a mistake.

Reasons for Choosing FrontSteps

Seemed like the best fit for our needs.

Reasons for Switching to FrontSteps

Looking for a solution beyond just accounting software.

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Replied January 2021

Thank you Thomas for you review, I'll pass your feedback to our team.

Jennifer from Honua Kai Condominium Association

Association Website a work in progress

Our page was originally set up through Evercondo who was purchased by Frontsteps. As the manager of the page I do not have the options to update and change much. Although this software is easy to use, it is not efficient to use. My experience with customer service has also been very poor and response time takes way too long. I am hoping that with the transition to Frontsteps there will be many improvements on the development team.

Pros

The overall look and ease of use for users/residents is pretty simple to navigate. Communicating with users/residents is made easy by sending blasts to email and text. The users/residents can also toggle the type of notifications to reduce or increase the number of devices the notifications are sent. Sign up is pretty simple on both ends; the user and the management.

Cons

As the manager of the page there are many areas that need improvement. There is no option for adding recurring items to the calendar which means I have to go in the each week of the calendar and add the same event. The files section is not use friendly either. You are unable to drag items/documents from 1 file to another. The only way to change locations of a document is to download the document from one folder, save it to a location on your computer then upload it to another file. I am not able to update/change or remove information on the landing page, It is only done by the Frontsteps team. There are many shortcomings, too many to leave here, that need work.

Mac from Leland Management

Caliber experience; from a Admin POV

My overall experience is overwhelmingly great! Since I begin working for the company and took over Caliber management; with the help of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the support team, we have made tremendous strides. I work closest with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], and they make the Caliber experience awesome and assist in keeping things from being overwhelming. In a short amount of time, we have transformed the overall user experience for our company, yielding positive results. Kudos to the SUPPORT TEAM (again!!), Development [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and upper management [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!

Pros

What I enjoy most is the amount of features Caliber possesses. It allows for many options and different processes that allow the user to perform their job. Another aspect I enjoy is the integrated accounting within the Caliber. This feature assists in keeping everything in one place, which increases efficiency.

Cons

From an admin perspective, what I like least is the sluggish processing time for some features. This causes numerous delays for our users; and in some instances requires full software or PC shutdown.

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Replied April 2020

Hi Mac, thank you for all the great feedback! I'll pass along the kind words to our support team. I'll also pass along the feedback about performance, as I know this is something that we are always actively working on.

Doug from HOAMCO

Caliber Review

Pros

Caliber is easy to learn and use. When issues arise the customer service team is able to quickly resolve. Caliber can now be run from web applications allowing employees to use the program while working remotely

Cons

Would be nice to have a more user friendly customizable report writer included in the software

I don't know

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Replied November 2020

Hi Doug, thank you for your feedback! I'll send your feedback about the reporting back to the product team.

Brandy from Assured Management, Inc.

Caliber / FrontSteps Review

Pros

Easy to use and holds so much data. We've stated many time how deep the software is. We like how it can handle both accounting and community management items so only one software is needed.

Cons

Certain features lack ability to customize to our needs. Delinquency process is the area we have struggled the most to get the software to function with our process. Now that we have used the software for over 4 years, it would be nice to have training for 1-2 people in our company to have super admin rights. We have to contact support many time to correct issues. With proper training and access we could correct on our end.

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Replied February 2021

Thank you so much for the feedback! I'll take your notes about our delinquency process back to our team.

MELANIE from NAI PLotkin

Frontsteps Admin

The websites we use for our associations have many benefits, and saves the associations money for distributing newsletters, flyers, etc. which is always a good thing! The board likes seeing their information on the website in a timely fashion, and that is easy to do with Frontsteps.

Pros

As the administrative person utilizing this Frontsteps for Association websites, I like the ease of the functions to get done what I need. I just find the place I need to add or delete information for, and follow the prompts. With changes happening quickly with condo management, this is important so I can easily make the changes needed on a weekly basis!

Cons

I was not involved in the set up of Frontsteps websites for the associations, but once they were up and running, it was easy to get going. I will say the owners sometimes have trouble signing in, or remembering user name or password and we have to reset that on our end.

Reasons for Choosing FrontSteps

Frontsteps integrated with TOPS which was very important.

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Replied November 2020

Thank you so much for your feedback!

Patti from The Valley Home Store

Thank you for always being wonderful!

FrontSteps has been very helpful and timely in resolving support questions.

Pros

The customer support is fantastic! There are features we use daily that allow us to hide information based on user level, it's very helpful.

Cons

We use Association Voice and while some of the features are outdated our organization has not decided on what to upgrade to next.

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Replied March 2020

Hi Patti, thank you for feedback! We will make sure to pass along your positive feedback to our support team.

Robert from M&M Property Management LLC

Oversold with no support

Communication is extremely poor, i find myself every week sending emails with no response, i mean NO response. But Friday and Monday i get sales pitch calls to add items so they can make money off my site. How about you make them work first...that guys response. Oh, that is another department.

Pros

There is a central location to work from, however it just really isn't that important when site functionality isn't there. Unfortunate with 10 sites and none running as they should i have no real idea what the finished product entails. I'm not confident in 3 months it will be much better unless i pay an outside source to do it. I guess i don't have any real Pros and that is disappointing to me.

Cons

No where near as promised, nearly everything is a do it yourself. The sales pitch - you will receive the site, we will convert information from the old and have more ability to do more things. Ummm. no... The main site is so bad i'm using my old which is an embarrassment, but it works. The other 9 sites, 4 of which are 100% not working, the other 5 are nothing like the old sites in ability to add and remove things. The site are much harder to use and find myself in need of hiring someone to see if they can actually provide what i need. What irks me the most - signed a contract based upon a promise. You can drop info into the new site, but making that info accessible is a major problem.

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Replied January 2019

Thank you for your feedback, my team has been in contact to resolve your issues and I believe we are in a better spot now. If not, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us.

Helen from Willis Management Group

New User

I'd recommend FrontSteps. It's provided open communication with our residents. If I'm out in the field and an emergency comes up, I can send an emergency bulletin to all residents so they are aware and my phone is not off the hook.

Pros

FrontSteps is an easy to use software. .

Cons

Unfortunately there were a few hiccups with working with other software but over time the issues were worked out.

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Replied July 2020

Hi Helen, thank you for the feedback!

Brenna from Pivot Onsite Innovations

easy enough to use

This programs allows me to keep connected to my neighborhood, apart from that i have no other use for it.

Pros

I like that i can stay connected with my neighborhood through this website. I know that we are not using FrontSteps to the extent that it could be. I know the goal was to use this website to pay our yearly dues, but charging an outrageous fee in order to do it stopped us from doing it. Not sure if this is a charge from FrontSteps or something else.

Cons

Again, being charged a large fee to pay dues seems outrageous to me, again, not sure if this is a fronts steps issue or not. However there is a bit of a learning curve when using the site, finding documents requires a bit of digging.

Frank from Leland Management

Caliber Association Management

Very good. Response time for Caliber has improved.

Pros

Management functions, e.g., compliance, work orders, ARB use the same type dialogue for the process which makes for easier training. The GUI is pretty standard with right-click functions.

Cons

Missing reports for management. Changes to the program do not appear to be vetted well prior to global release. Association Management programs fall into the "one size fits all" because they cross State lines thus having to meet certain State Statutes. Suggest that a company design a program that could be State specific or regional and maintain an open architecture to allow user features to be easily added.

Reasons for Choosing FrontSteps

FrontSteps chose us because Caliber was purchased and added to their product line. Our company had been using Caliber for a significant amount of time before selling to FrontSteps.

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Replied October 2020

Frank, thank you so much for the feedback, I'll pass along your comments to our product team.

Carol from Howard Smith Co., Realtors

Very good software

Good views and positive comments from sellers and buyers

Pros

Shows property to a good advantage keeping attention

Cons

Always wanting more coverage and secure options

Reasons for Choosing FrontSteps

Benefits

Reasons for Switching to FrontSteps

Benefits of the software

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Replied June 2020

Thank you so much for the feedback, we are glad to hear you enjoy it so much.

Fred from Oronoque Village

Must have for Managers

Awesome administrative tool

Pros

Ease of Integration with TOPS One and synchronization with back office functions

Cons

Background Graphics - inability to change - but it doesn't effect functionality

Laurie from Keystone Pacific

Wonderful Customer Service

Front Steps acquired the dwellinglive service so we didn't have a choice to not use them. It has been a pretty smooth transition. I would like a FAQ section for frequently asked questions or a live chat would be a great option, with that being said the customer care rep called me quickly and assisted me with my issue very expeditiously. She was knowledgeable, patient and courteous throughout the process.

Pros

I like the support from the customer service assistance I received. The software is fine, but it's not as easy as I believe it could be.

Cons

Not intuitive enough. Drop down menus would be helpful for questions as you fill in the data.

same as above

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Replied September 2020

Thank you so much for your feedback, I'll pass along you notes to our team.

Teri from FirstService Residential

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Best Customer Service in America

I had deleted a very large vendor list file. It had 1,501 names of vendors/contractors. Within 24 hours the IT Tech, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] - had emailed me an excel file that I could upload. We are a large 55+ community still under construction. We currently have 901 homes! We have a ton of contractors entering each day!

Pros

The software is easy to use and great reports feature. It made my job much easier. Any time I have reached out to the IT Help Desk they were awesome! This is a great software program and the people behind it are even better.

Cons

I did not find any feature that I did not like!

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Replied July 2020

Hi Teri, thank you for the feedback, we are always happy to help you in any way we can.

Craig from Colorado Property Management

The good the bad and the ugly

We are primarily an association management company with 25 clients and about 10000 doors. We use Caliber daily. The accounting is solid but has its issues. We supplement this software with other solutions that are more efficient. We would like to get rid of our software sprawl and have high hopes since frontsteps took over caliber.

Pros

It is fairly priced and since it was purchased by FS it has seen some imprvoements.

Cons

The compliance features on the Surface tablets was unusable.

Reasons for Choosing FrontSteps

at the time it seemed less complicated

Reasons for Switching to FrontSteps

to get more up to date functional software.

Suzie from Franklin Farm Foundation

NO CUSTOMER SERVICE

It's gone downhill since Frontsteps took over.

Pros

Fairly easy to use although there was no training.

Cons

We used to deal with AtHome support and they were very good with their customer support. Issues would be resolved in 24-48 hours. Would also be able to speak with someone at their support desk. Now they don't answer the phone, you leave a message, and/or you submit issue via e-mail and it takes one week before you hear back from them. Our website went down and it took a week for someone to get back to us and it still is down. Ugh!

Debra from Pine Island Ridge, A Association - -Evergreen

Industry: Writing and Editing

Great product

Very professional

Pros

Ease of using. Great place for community to use all tool to communicate with Condo Board of Directors. It as helps BOD to send out bulletins to the community with ease.

Cons

None, I have no complaints. I can manage a lot of tasks with just a hit of buttons that are easy to manage.

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Replied November 2020

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Sharon from Ashley Crossing HOA

Industry: Executive Office

Poor documentation, training, and support....did I say poor?

Have a totally negative outlook for this company; platform may be great but the company needs some serious help in business tactics ... NOT marketing tactics. I would love to see a list of HOA's, etc that use them and speak with them directly... I am not sure I believe they are a forerunner in the industry; or were they taken over by new people who don't know how to run a company?

Pros

It sounds good and preliminary introduction seems exceptional but transitioning and support are poor as well as communication-try calling or emailing them or Facebook. My gut feeling is that this company took on too much too soon and has internal employment issues that are not being addressed. Marketing the product and money transactions are their forte, the rest sucks. Ever hear of no documentation for a platform ??? Nothing written ... nothing available for download...almost like they embarked on a platform without knowing how to properly administer it. So far not impressed. Three months after contract signing to get in que for transition....unbelievable...not even an email to give you a timeline. You have to hunt them down.

Cons

As addressed in pro's. So far, all con's.

Bibi from Mizner Falls HOA

Great company, great innovation, the employees are always pleasant!

Pros

Very user friendly! Customer Service is always pleasant.

Cons

not applicable. Very happy with the product

Anthony F from Los Prados Condominium Association, Inc.

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

I highly recommend Front Steps for Condominium Management

Excellene in every way

Pros

Front Steps has an ease of use and is bug-free.

Cons

There's nothing that I found not to like.

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Replied December 2020

Thank you for your feedback, Anthony.

Richard from STST, Inc.

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Great Product and Great Service

Frontsteps is a great company with professionals who are dedicated to their craft. Always responsive and friendly, I look forward to working with them for a long time to come.

Pros

The software is intuitive and very solid. Tons of features, more than one could possible use, which is great!

Cons

none, it is a great product. I would not change a thing. My employees rave about how easy it is to use.

Carol from Arizona Traditions

Top notch customer service and technical help

My experience has been a good one. Always helpful and on top of things.

Pros

Easy to use and the technical help and customer service are great.

Cons

The main photo on the home page can't really be manipulated like we need.

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Replied November 2020

Hi Carol, thank you for the feedback, I'll send a note to our team about the homepage photo.

Cindy from Targa Real Estate Services

Nothing but positive

I appreciate the overall efficiency that Frontsteps has given our team.

Pros

I have found this product to be user friendly and allows us to better serve our communities

Cons

I have not discovered anything discouraging about this software

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Replied January 2021

Cindy, thank you for the feedback!

Sean from RE/MAX Savannah

Syncs with Condo Manager

Great platform that delivers a user friendly website for our clients.

Pros

We needed something to work with our existing association management software and FrontSteps has working perfectly.

Cons

Only negative would be the online help platform, needs some additional tutorial videos for us guys who know nothing about web design.

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Replied September 2020

Hi Sean, thank you for your feedback. I'll pass this feedback to our training team and see what they can do.

Sarah from Pelican Cove

NO SUPPORT

Horrible

Pros

SINCE THEY TOOK OVER FROM ATHOMENET: NOTHING!

Cons

Service and they keep removing access to products or features we had in the past.

They Purchased AtHomeNet and I am now leaving to Pilera

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Replied January 2020

Hi Sarah, this is not the experience we want for our customers. I'm going to ask our support manager to reach out to you.

Websites for associations

Everyone has been very helpful and its been a great experience!

Pros

How easy it is to set up a template and edit the information

Cons

not being to move the modules to where I want them.

Brian from Motorcoach Resort St. Lucie West HOA

The worst Product and Support I have ever experienced

Pros

Nothing. They bought out the company who supplied our Website previously. Although the old product was ancient technology it was powerful and enabled us to communicate with our owners very well.

Cons

The interface is extremely poor. Naming of menu items and submenus make no sense. It is full of bugs. During the conversion process they could not convert our data to populate the new site even though the company they bought had the data. They tried 3 times and failed. I had to do it for them. Their email system currently sends to only 79 of my 300 registered users. Another bug that we have been waiting over 1 /12 weeks for them to fix. Their support is the worst I have ever experienced in the IT world.

Great reviews and their product met our requirements 100 %

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Replied July 2019

Hi Brian, thank you for the feedback. I will pass this back to my team and make sure they are aware of these issues.

Kurt from CHOSEI

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Not for us

Lack of response from customer service. Videos supplied didn't work.

Pros

Can't say much positive. It wasn't attractive. The website was confusing. Residence had a hard time finding information. Residence couldn't see if they paid bills, how much was paid, or how much they owed.

Cons

Not easy to use. Lots of third party (billing) linked together as opposed to using own software. Not able to easily send out emails. No ability to set up single source email. Not easy to navigate.

Reasons for Choosing FrontSteps

Thought it would be a better product.

Product was discontinued.

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Replied February 2021

Thank you for this feedback, I'll share with our team.

Mindy from Leisure, Travel & Tourism

I am the secretary of an HOA and use this software to keep record for all of our home owners

Pros

The interface looks great. I am able to update different parts of the system and website myself.

Cons

I am a fan of their help center. I find it hard to find the answers that I am looking for sometimes. I have been handed over the website without any formal training and do find it difficult to navigate the back end of the site at times.

Ron from Arkin Consulting Group, LLC

Industry: Medical Devices

FANTASTIC customer service. Exceeded all expectations.

Pros

Customer Service My question was answered within 24hr (much less). Answer provided was short, to the point and very polite. A few days went by and a follow-up email to make certain that I was satisfied (I provided no response). A few more days went by and another follow-up email to request to close-out the ticket. FANTASTIC customer service. Exceeded all expectations. Thank you!

Cons

As a user only (not admin), would like to be able to edit guest list within my own subgroup. MY guests, not the community's.

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Replied April 2020

Hi Ron, thank you for the positive feedback. I'll pass along word to my support team to keep up the great work.

Kari from New Concepts Management Group

Overall pretty good on the Frontsteps side. Have had some response issues with AHN support.

Pros

I like the format of the websites. Especially like the drag and drop feature for uploading files.

Cons

Feel like it's still in the works. Receive several error messages.

CHRISTIE from Songbird Property Management LLC

From an End User Prospective Failed to meet Expectations

Would suggest you know what your end users needs are and what the needs of Management are before entering into discussions with this platform.

Pros

Marginally provided a very small set of necessary information.

Cons

Reporting and Confirmation of online submissions are Non-Existant to the actual End Users. Notification of changes and additions to Documents again are Non-Existent to end Users. Options provided are not available. The list goes on.

Susan from Riverwoods Community Association

Customer support does not exist for this company

Pros

Looked good in the beginning but as Manager for our community, it has turned out to be terrible.

Cons

Absolutely ZERO customer support - no one ever gets back to you when a support questions is asked

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Replied January 2019

Hi Susan, I checked in with our support team and they reached out to you recently. I apologize for the delay in our response.

Stay away!

Interface works like some kid's first attempt to write an app that doesn't know anything about an end users experience. Horribly written software!

Pros

It's pretty, like lipstick on a pig. If you care about your business, don't use Frontsteps!

Cons

Very amateurish application. Archaic interface that is not intuitive especially for the market it is serving. Difficult find information through nested file system. VERY easy to make mistakes, like double payments when making payments and the accounting system doesn't reflect correct payments.

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Replied April 2019

I'd like to get you connected with our product team, so that they can hear about your experience first hand. They can share some of the upcoming updated with you as well. Please reach out to me directly.

Sue from Tranquility

Customer Service experience

I emailed Frontsteps about a signon issue. Within 12 hours, I received an email response

Pros

Ease of use. Setup, as a user, was well defined

Cons

I am a resident that utilizes the software for a condo association that is being managed by Signature. I believe there are a few “bugs” but, also feel that integration with the condo owners/association may not be a priority and is a responsibility of the owners

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Replied December 2020

Hi Sue, thank you for your feedback.

Perla from Cal poly pomona

Pretty easy ..liked it overall

Pros

Easy to use..very simple and to the point

Cons

I had to call in to request a login and call again to confirm login

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Replied January 2021