FrontSteps Software Reviews

FrontSteps Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"The software is intuitive and very solid. Tons of features, more than one could possible use, which is great."
  • icon"I have found this product to be user friendly and allows us to better serve our communities."
  • icon"We needed something to work with our existing association management software and FrontSteps has working perfectly."
  • icon"We still have money missing. A lot of features there isn’t a way to undo."
  • icon"I will say the owners sometimes have trouble signing in, or remembering user name or password and we have to reset that on our end."
  • icon"Another bug that we have been waiting over 1 /12 weeks for them to fix. Their support is the worst I have ever experienced in the IT world."

Browse all FrontSteps Reviews

• Have you used FrontSteps and would like to share your experience with others?

Angela

Easy to use!

Homeowner payments and notifications are definitely the best part of this site, and of course, the ability to communicate with members inside of this portal instead of a separate email process is quite nice.

Pros

The set up of the site was really easy. I can be technologically challenged, and since this is not my primary job or service that we provide to our clients, it is nice to be able to set it up without too much assistance! The daily notifications and ease of operation is also quite nice.

Cons

There is always room for improvement.... It would be nice to have a "general information" page available on the main screen, as opposed to only recent bulletins that have gone out. It would make it easier for members to be able to find important information without having to search for it.

Reasons for switching to FrontSteps

AtHomeNet was 'supposed' to be going away... so we were a bit forced into the decision at the time. AtHomeNet utilizes a friendlier on screen experience for the members, with the artwork and overall beauty of the site, however Frontsteps offers more options, which eased the pain of transition.

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Hi Angela, thank you for the positive feedback. I'll pass along your notes to our product team.

Replied September 2020

Thomas

The learning curve has been long but that is probably more todo with the size of our company and needing to know everything, not just the AP or AR or ARC, etc. portion.

Pros

Filled an AIO solution instead of multiple vendor options.

Cons

There are constraints that do not allow the end user flexibility in undoing or removing an entry or repairing a mistake.

Reasons for choosing FrontSteps

Seemed like the best fit for our needs.

Reasons for switching to FrontSteps

Looking for a solution beyond just accounting software.

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Thank you Thomas for you review, I'll pass your feedback to our team.

Replied January 2021

Association Website a work in progress

Our page was originally set up through Evercondo who was purchased by Frontsteps. As the manager of the page I do not have the options to update and change much. Although this software is easy to use, it is not efficient to use. My experience with customer service has also been very poor and response time takes way too long. I am hoping that with the transition to Frontsteps there will be many improvements on the development team.

Pros

The overall look and ease of use for users/residents is pretty simple to navigate. Communicating with users/residents is made easy by sending blasts to email and text. The users/residents can also toggle the type of notifications to reduce or increase the number of devices the notifications are sent. Sign up is pretty simple on both ends; the user and the management.

Cons

As the manager of the page there are many areas that need improvement. There is no option for adding recurring items to the calendar which means I have to go in the each week of the calendar and add the same event. The files section is not use friendly either. You are unable to drag items/documents from 1 file to another. The only way to change locations of a document is to download the document from one folder, save it to a location on your computer then upload it to another file. I am not able to update/change or remove information on the landing page, It is only done by the Frontsteps team. There are many shortcomings, too many to leave here, that need work.

Richard

September 2022

Frontsteps, an excellent program for Community Associations

Overall, excellent way to communicate to our residents with the use of bulletins, and the work order management system.

Pros

Frontsteps is easy to set up, customize options to suit your needs.

Cons

Would like the ability to add to the menu on the left side of the page entering the site after log on. I was tol we could not. I wanted to add links to Dwelling Live and accounting software.

Reasons for choosing FrontSteps

I knew about front steps, and with our Property Management company, it was a good choice.

Mac

Caliber experience; from a Admin POV

My overall experience is overwhelmingly great! Since I begin working for the company and took over Caliber management; with the help of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the support team, we have made tremendous strides. I work closest with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], and they make the Caliber experience awesome and assist in keeping things from being overwhelming. In a short amount of time, we have transformed the overall user experience for our company, yielding positive results. Kudos to the SUPPORT TEAM (again!!), Development [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and upper management [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!

Pros

What I enjoy most is the amount of features Caliber possesses. It allows for many options and different processes that allow the user to perform their job. Another aspect I enjoy is the integrated accounting within the Caliber. This feature assists in keeping everything in one place, which increases efficiency.

Cons

From an admin perspective, what I like least is the sluggish processing time for some features. This causes numerous delays for our users; and in some instances requires full software or PC shutdown.

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Hi Mac, thank you for all the great feedback! I'll pass along the kind words to our support team. I'll also pass along the feedback about performance, as I know this is something that we are always actively working on.

Replied April 2020

Frank

Caliber Association Management

Very good. Response time for Caliber has improved.

Pros

Management functions, e.g., compliance, work orders, ARB use the same type dialogue for the process which makes for easier training. The GUI is pretty standard with right-click functions.

Cons

Missing reports for management. Changes to the program do not appear to be vetted well prior to global release. Association Management programs fall into the "one size fits all" because they cross State lines thus having to meet certain State Statutes. Suggest that a company design a program that could be State specific or regional and maintain an open architecture to allow user features to be easily added.

Reasons for choosing FrontSteps

FrontSteps chose us because Caliber was purchased and added to their product line. Our company had been using Caliber for a significant amount of time before selling to FrontSteps.

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Frank, thank you so much for the feedback, I'll pass along your comments to our product team.

Replied October 2020

Doug

Caliber Review

Pros

Caliber is easy to learn and use. When issues arise the customer service team is able to quickly resolve. Caliber can now be run from web applications allowing employees to use the program while working remotely

Cons

Would be nice to have a more user friendly customizable report writer included in the software

I don't know

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Hi Doug, thank you for your feedback! I'll send your feedback about the reporting back to the product team.

Replied November 2020

Craig

The good the bad and the ugly

We are primarily an association management company with 25 clients and about 10000 doors. We use Caliber daily. The accounting is solid but has its issues. We supplement this software with other solutions that are more efficient. We would like to get rid of our software sprawl and have high hopes since frontsteps took over caliber.

Pros

It is fairly priced and since it was purchased by FS it has seen some imprvoements.

Cons

The compliance features on the Surface tablets was unusable.

Reasons for choosing FrontSteps

at the time it seemed less complicated

Reasons for switching to FrontSteps

to get more up to date functional software.

Pauline

September 2022

Do not transfer previous owners email address to the new owners file.

Pros

Its pretty simple to use

Cons

I don't like that previous owners' emails stay active and are attached to the new owners file. When I send an email blast it goes to present and past owners. It would be helpful if once a home was sold and the new owner was placed in the system that the previous owners contact info drop off, especially an email address

Robert

Oversold with no support

Communication is extremely poor, i find myself every week sending emails with no response, i mean NO response. But Friday and Monday i get sales pitch calls to add items so they can make money off my site. How about you make them work first...that guys response. Oh, that is another department.

Pros

There is a central location to work from, however it just really isn't that important when site functionality isn't there. Unfortunate with 10 sites and none running as they should i have no real idea what the finished product entails. I'm not confident in 3 months it will be much better unless i pay an outside source to do it. I guess i don't have any real Pros and that is disappointing to me.

Cons

No where near as promised, nearly everything is a do it yourself. The sales pitch - you will receive the site, we will convert information from the old and have more ability to do more things. Ummm. no... The main site is so bad i'm using my old which is an embarrassment, but it works. The other 9 sites, 4 of which are 100% not working, the other 5 are nothing like the old sites in ability to add and remove things. The site are much harder to use and find myself in need of hiring someone to see if they can actually provide what i need. What irks me the most - signed a contract based upon a promise. You can drop info into the new site, but making that info accessible is a major problem.

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Thank you for your feedback, my team has been in contact to resolve your issues and I believe we are in a better spot now. If not, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us.

Replied January 2019

MELANIE

Frontsteps Admin

The websites we use for our associations have many benefits, and saves the associations money for distributing newsletters, flyers, etc. which is always a good thing! The board likes seeing their information on the website in a timely fashion, and that is easy to do with Frontsteps.

Pros

As the administrative person utilizing this Frontsteps for Association websites, I like the ease of the functions to get done what I need. I just find the place I need to add or delete information for, and follow the prompts. With changes happening quickly with condo management, this is important so I can easily make the changes needed on a weekly basis!

Cons

I was not involved in the set up of Frontsteps websites for the associations, but once they were up and running, it was easy to get going. I will say the owners sometimes have trouble signing in, or remembering user name or password and we have to reset that on our end.

Reasons for choosing FrontSteps

Frontsteps integrated with TOPS which was very important.

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Thank you so much for your feedback!

Replied November 2020

Brandy

Caliber / FrontSteps Review

Pros

Easy to use and holds so much data. We've stated many time how deep the software is. We like how it can handle both accounting and community management items so only one software is needed.

Cons

Certain features lack ability to customize to our needs. Delinquency process is the area we have struggled the most to get the software to function with our process. Now that we have used the software for over 4 years, it would be nice to have training for 1-2 people in our company to have super admin rights. We have to contact support many time to correct issues. With proper training and access we could correct on our end.

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Thank you so much for the feedback! I'll take your notes about our delinquency process back to our team.

Replied February 2021

Carol

Very good software

Good views and positive comments from sellers and buyers

Pros

Shows property to a good advantage keeping attention

Cons

Always wanting more coverage and secure options

Reasons for choosing FrontSteps

Benefits

Reasons for switching to FrontSteps

Benefits of the software

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Thank you so much for the feedback, we are glad to hear you enjoy it so much.

Replied June 2020

Fred

Must have for Managers

Awesome administrative tool

Pros

Ease of Integration with TOPS One and synchronization with back office functions

Cons

Background Graphics - inability to change - but it doesn't effect functionality

Laurie

Wonderful Customer Service

Front Steps acquired the dwellinglive service so we didn't have a choice to not use them. It has been a pretty smooth transition. I would like a FAQ section for frequently asked questions or a live chat would be a great option, with that being said the customer care rep called me quickly and assisted me with my issue very expeditiously. She was knowledgeable, patient and courteous throughout the process.

Pros

I like the support from the customer service assistance I received. The software is fine, but it's not as easy as I believe it could be.

Cons

Not intuitive enough. Drop down menus would be helpful for questions as you fill in the data.

same as above

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Thank you so much for your feedback, I'll pass along you notes to our team.

Replied September 2020

Teri

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Best Customer Service in America

I had deleted a very large vendor list file. It had 1,501 names of vendors/contractors. Within 24 hours the IT Tech, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] - had emailed me an excel file that I could upload. We are a large 55+ community still under construction. We currently have 901 homes! We have a ton of contractors entering each day!

Pros

The software is easy to use and great reports feature. It made my job much easier. Any time I have reached out to the IT Help Desk they were awesome! This is a great software program and the people behind it are even better.

Cons

I did not find any feature that I did not like!

Response from FRONTSTEPS

Hi Teri, thank you for the feedback, we are always happy to help you in any way we can.

Replied July 2020

Suzie

NO CUSTOMER SERVICE

It's gone downhill since Frontsteps took over.

Pros

Fairly easy to use although there was no training.

Cons

We used to deal with AtHome support and they were very good with their customer support. Issues would be resolved in 24-48 hours. Would also be able to speak with someone at their support desk. Now they don't answer the phone, you leave a message, and/or you submit issue via e-mail and it takes one week before you hear back from them. Our website went down and it took a week for someone to get back to us and it still is down. Ugh!

Patti