What are Fundly users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Fundly software through verified user reviews

3.9

• icon"Aside from the report feature, the product is fairly easy to use with frequent helpful updates to the software. The NPE team seems to be responsive to what users need and want."
  • icon"The process was simple and everyone there responded quickly. It was very simple to raise money for a good cause."
  • icon"The ability to pop in to the online in-person help session is a special feature, even if we don't use it very much. The monthly help sessions are valuable, especially for new users."
  • icon"I've found it extremely difficult to report on data after it's entered in the system. The reporting tool is not intuitive."
  • icon"We do events nearly every week and have to field dozens of calls and emails each week from people who are not able to register due to confusing user experience, timeouts, and technical issues."
  • icon"I started a campaign in January hoping to cash our funds in March for an emergency trip. It is now May and they aren’t able to get me the money because “something went wrong in the system."

Browse all Fundly Reviews

• Have you used Fundly and would like to share your experience with others?

Britt

Love Fundly

Excellent

Pros

I love all the all-in-one aspect of the software. I dont have to go to one place to organize volunteers, another for donation and fundraising, etc. It is all available in this one system! Also, customer service is great! There is a lot you can do with the software, therefore, there is a learning curve that comes along with it. However, there is training provided for on-boarding, recorded webniars that you can access to learn the ends/outs of different parts of the system, weekly free live webinars offered, and free weekly drop-in sessions to ask question! I love the recorded webinars so much that I recently found myself telling another company, from whom I made a recent purchase, that they need to be like Fundly!

Cons

All the different aspects of the system adds to its value but also to your learning curve. However, they have what I need and if I don't learn it at Fundly, I still have to learn it somewhere! Might as well be at a place that offers a variety of resources and great customer service to help with the process! And if I can learn it, trust me, anyone can!

Reasons for choosing Fundly

Snowball - cheap but did not have everything we needed. Planning Center - used breifly. mainly for churches and did not have all that we needed. Bonfire appear to good for t-shirts but we needed more. Kindful, Neon, Network for Good were FAR from the price range of a small nonprofit like ours.

Alissa

Industry: Philanthropy

Our experience with Fundly software

My experience with Fundly has been mostly positive. There are frustrating times to be sure, but customer support has been very helpful in guiding me through the difficult moments.

Pros

As a nonprofit, CRM software is critical to managing and keeping donors and members. We started using Fundly about a year and a half ago, and it has greatly improved our donor and member management.

Cons

Starting to use the system was a MAJOR learning curve. It was a lot of work to switch from our previous system and to learn all the procedures. I was fortunate that this occurred during the pandemic, when I had a lot of time to spend on webinars and demos. Otherwise, I don't know how I could have implemented it. I am still trying to fully understand the ins and outs of pulling reports.

Reasons for choosing Fundly

It seemed the easiest and best adapted for our organization. And it is less expensive than a lot of the other programs.

Reasons for switching to Fundly

Greater Giving is a good platform and very easy to use, but it is more expensive and doesn't track memberships.

Leslie

Fundly Review

Pros

Fundly works well with Donor and gift management. It allows for specific tracking of gifts.

Cons

Fundly could improve on their email template side. We receive complaints from users that our emails go off their screens. Their event module is simple if that could be more complex that would be helpful.

Financial decision

Joshua

Fundly is our home base, and a home run.

My experience with Fundly is great and I would highly recommend it to any other nonprofit looking for a CRM option.

Pros

As a nonprofit executive director, what I like most about Fundly is how full of a picture it gives - with people, with our fundraisers, and with events and programs. I love that I can compare campaigns from year to year. I love that in once place I can see my communication history of any given person, what events they attended, their household relationships, what programs they participated in, and more. Once of my favorite features is the Custom Data Sets functionality. As the name suggests, this allows me to track things that are very specific to our organization, like whether or not a person is interested in woodworking. To make this even better, Fundly integrates with some great third-party apps to make our workflow even more efficient, like Zapier and Quickbooks for example. I could go on and on. One last thing I'll mention that makes Fundly stand out from the other CRMs is the access and responsiveness of their customer support. Not only are support tickets responded to in a timely manner, but there is also a daily drop-in support over zoom where you can get the help you need in that moment.

Cons

Ok fine, there are some things about Fundly that are frustrating (though more often than not I find out the root of the problem is a user error, admittedly). The reporting logic and interface is confusing to me. I don't love the interface for adding photos and media to communications. I haven't found a great way to manage committees with staggering terms and roles. And lastly, I find the Volunteer Easy side of things more complex than we need, and therefore more expensive than feels worth the extent to which we use it.

Reasons for choosing Fundly

The interface seemed more user-friendly on Fundly than these others. It also had more integrations and far greater customer support. And the price was very competitive.

Alicia

Alzheimer's Family Organization

As a 501c3, we are always looking for reasonable ways to increase our donations. Fundly has offered us a cost efficient program to offer us better record keeping for the whole staff to view real time. This program has also assisted us with analyzing our fundraisers to determine which are best.

Pros

My Organization decided to integrate our records on our own. However, any hiccups we had - Fundly offered us the support we needed. We like the user friendly platform and the immediate support answers most.

Cons

Although the templates in Fundly are very useful - I would like to be able to customize more information for the events.

Reasons for choosing Fundly

Price was a huge factor along with user ease of use.

Annalivia

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

I am a satisfied customer

Pros

It is specifically designed for nonprofits and fundraising, and is priced according to modules. So when we first started 7 years ago, we could start with only the modules we were ready to use and after that we built capacity to grow and expand and add new modules for more complex fundraising and donor management. I also appreciate that this database is not static. It is highly customizable and the company is always adding new features according to users' feedback.

Cons

I was not happy about the price to incorporate events and ticketing. The other complex task is importing and exporting lists and searches to Microsoft Word and Excel. But once you learn how, it is easy enough. Also they have implemented continuous improvements according to user feedback.

Reasons for choosing Fundly

Because of NonprofitEasy's highly customizable features and the ability to buy small and add modules as we built capacity to be able to use them.

Kerrie

Industry: Fund-Raising

NonprofitEasy Review

NPE has been a useful and reliable tool to help us keep a contact database of our community as well as providing the streamlined tools we need to accept and process our donations. The customizable options mean we can tailor the database to our needs. The training and support is really good. NPE has many features we don't use right now, but I'm sure they would be very useful to other organizations.

Pros

Aside from the report feature, the product is fairly easy to use with frequent helpful updates to the software. The NPE team seems to be responsive to what users need and want. Their help and support team is top-notch and thorough. They respond very quickly to requests for help via the support ticket function and they check back in to see if further assistance is needed. They are unfailingly polite and helpful. The ability to pop in to the online in-person help session is a special feature, even if we don't use it very much. The monthly help sessions are valuable, especially for new users. The support library is also very useful, though I wish it was more up to date. I'm sure it's hard to keep up with frequent changes.

Cons

The report feature can be distressingly opaque. Creating and generating reports used to be a much easier process before the migration to Fundly a few years ago. Our organization needs are such that we mostly have to create non-default level reports. At the beginning, the learning curve for creating reports was very steep. Reports that had been easy to generate in Fundly were no longer easy to create. A user can't "intuitively" figure out how to write a report. You definitely need a more rigorous level of training to get even a beginner's grasp of the reporting feature. I somewhat frequently need to ask for assistance to explain why a report isn't gathering or is leaving out data.

Stephen

Industry: Think Tanks

NCAFP Review

Fundly provides an all-in-one solution for our CRM needs in NPE. We are very pleased with its events-management and financial components and those two areas are critical needs for our organization.

Pros

The price point and the ease of use/training are tremendous boons with this software. We find the scope of the software to be great value for its cost and we are able to seamlessly train new employees or re-train existing ones when new features are implemented.

Cons

We typically find custom reporting to be challenging - though it is seldom necessary for how we engage with the software. Imported information from an old CRM has also caused some crossed-wires over the years in NPE, but it is not a challenge that can't be mitigated.

Reasons for choosing Fundly

The price point and general functionality.

Reasons for switching to Fundly

The price point and general functionality.

Laura

Easy enough to capture data; reporting on it later is another story

Pros

You can record a lot of information about donations including where the money is coming from, where it is going, details about who it came from, etc. The acknowledgement feature for sending receipts helps track communications with donors.

Cons

I've found it extremely difficult to report on data after it's entered in the system. The reporting tool is not intuitive. There are several "tricks" that you wouldn't know unless told specifically. I run into many errors and can't seem to get the reports to pull the information I want, especially in fairly straightforward scenarios. I also found the system to be quite slow as compared to other cloud/internet-based softwares. It takes a long time to enter one small task or piece of information and search for contacts or navigate through the site.

Amanda

Industry: Fund-Raising

Fundly is NOT fun

I will NOT use this company nor suggest using this company or fundraising again.

Pros

The ease of starting the fund, it was easy to start up and upload pictures

Cons

They use a financial system called STRIPE. It is a secondary business. To start a fundraiser for a friend i used FUNDLY, not knowing the money i was raising was going to be held hostage by STRIPE. They treated the fundraiser as a business. I had no EID because it is not a business and there is NO profit to be made. The customer support was anything but helpful. I could not stop the fundraiser without loosing the current funds. So the family in NEED is still in need while Stripe holds the funds.

Response from Fundly

Fundly Pro - our crowding funding platform - is different than Fundly CRM. Fundly Pro allows you to fundraise for you cause, personalize your campaign, share with your network and a lot more. We have partnered with Stripe as the payment gateway processor. EIN number is optional and can be skipped. For security reasons, until the account is verified, they do not release the funds.

Replied October 2019

Catherine

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Fundly for school fundraising

Pros

I found that importing data was relatively easy, if you set the data up properly and had an idea of what you were doing.

Cons

I found the software hard to use. The reports never gave me the information I wanted and I needed to customize reports, which was challenging.

Joan

Time used: Free Trial

April 2016

Glitchy online convenience, Poor customer service

I started using this when it was NonProfitEasy. It seemed to be 5 guys running out of a garage. I ran into a number of bugs, that they fixed quickly, but I had a hard time matching their report numbers to outside sources. However, my real issue arose when first one, then a second employee promised something on pricing, but didn't follow through. Our company got a surprise charge. My emails went unanswered. Turned out first employee left the company, the other was out on leave - no one was checking their email. The company was very slow in resolving the issue, and communicated poorly during the resolution. I cannot recommend this company, there are others with same functionality and better service.

Shivani

A CRM System That EVERY NonProfit Should Have!

NonProfitEasy (NPE) has completely transformed our organization's ability to manage donors, track donations, send communications, simplify bookkeeping and work together as a team. NPE’s smooth, integrated workflows have replaced our piece-meal processes and clunky work-arounds required by our old non-integrated systems. Uncountable hours have already been freed up and redirected towards donor cultivation, personalized fundraising strategies and furthering our mission. I only wish we had known about NPE years ago.

Pros

Every piece of data we could dream of associating with a donor is all in one place, is customizable, and is integrated with their entire donation history. And it is all at our fingertips and easy to segment and report on in multiple ways. NPE’s simple, intuitive user interface combined with our website integration has made data entry and management a breeze. Daily and weekly automated reports, emailed directly to our management from NPE, keep them in the loop wherever they are. We configured NPE to match the financial structure of our accounting system - now we simply export donation records from NPE and import directly into that system. A tremendous amount of time and energy has been freed up, and human error is practically nonexistent. NPE surprises our team on a weekly basis as we keep discovering more and more functionality to further improve our internal processes. This system not only handles what we do today, but will accommodate our needs as our organization grows. Finally, NPE’s outstanding Support Team is knowledgeable and attentive, and always willing to go the extra mile to help and guide.

Cons

The reporting module is so comprehensive and vast that it takes a bit of time to learn. But help is always there from the Support Team and online library. Although I struggle with it sometimes, I appreciate having so much functionality available to grow into little by little.

Reasons for choosing Fundly

We were struggling with Little Green Light, and a friend of our organization highly recommended NPE. So we switched gears and couldn't be more pleased.

Darlene

Industry: Individual & Family Services

NonProfitEasy Lives Up to Its Name

In addition to using NonProfitEasy as our general contact management system, we use it for outgoing communications (newsletters, reminders, alerts, updates, etc.), for recording and tracking all aspects of the mentorships and advocacy team cases in our program, for storing contact related documents, donors and donation tracking, and for reporting purposes. NPE is very user-friendly so our volunteers can log in and help out without any oversight or formal training. Additionally, security levels allow us to provide access to volunteers without the fear of potentially exposing some of the sensitive client information contained in our database. Every member of our staff, and every department in our organization uses NonProfitEasy. The majority of our staff members work as satellites of our headquarters, on school campuses and from home offices, so NonProfitEasy is a necessary and integral part of managing and running our organization. Our staff members can pull up information on any of the participants or supporters of our program, from their laptops or iPads, while in the field. No

Pros

Because our organization runs a mentoring program, the mentor module is the most impactful feature of NonProfitEasy for us. It allows us to track the mentoring relationship from match to closure as well as the participating individuals and all of their information and relationships. There is no other product on the market which contains all of the elements and features of NPE, and we would be lost in the land of spreadsheets without it.

Cons

Like any CRM, NonProfitEasy has its quirks, but honestly, any issues we have had along the way were minor, included as "feature requests" and have been resolved.

Reasons for choosing Fundly

We have been using NonProfitEasy for over ten years and have been extremely happy with it. A little over 2 years ago, at the "due diligence" request of our board of directors, we researched several of the other CRM options available on the market and determined that NonProfitEasy was still not only the best product for the money, but also the product which best suits our needs. It is adaptable, user-friendly and manages all of our ever-expanding data and reporting needs

Richard

Helpful Customer Service!

Glad to see that NonProfitEasy looks to improve its product based on the needs of its users.

Pros

I have found the customer service to be very personable and helpful. NonProfitEasy assisted me, someone with little experience managing databases, by first importing our data into the new system and then by explaining the tools used to create helpful, custom reports. The daily call-in sessions are a valued, judgment-free zone that I visit often - although less often than I used to, thanks to the help I've received.

Cons

We communicate often by mail to households, and many of our donors give both individually and through their small businesses. As we pull reports, we find pulling the information by household a bit cumbersome and look forward to ways to provide soft credits for individuals/households when they give through their small businesses.

Reasons for switching to Fundly

The other product was outdated, and it was nearly impossible to create reports without spending extra on technical support.

Irene

CRT Loves Fundly

Very good!

Pros

By far the best thing about Fundly and NonProfitEasy, is the incredibly customer support. I am a relatively tech savvy person, but can't and won't ever understand everything. The support center and customer support have been timely, and extremely accurate with their answers to any and all questions. Their team does not make me feel inferior, or unintelligent. If there is ever an issue, I know the support team will have my back, and help get everything figured out.

Cons

I do not have many cons when it comes to Fundly/ NPE. We have been using the CRM for about a year, with almost daily use. I think after a few more months and some digging into the support center and webinars, I will be a Fundly/NPE wiz.

Reasons for switching to Fundly

Too expensive and outdated.

Krista

What it's like being a NEW NonProfitEasy client.

We started using NonProfitEasy 3 months before the COVID pandemic started. Then business came to a complete stand still. Attending the webinar's interesting. However when I started working with our actual data I was overwhelmed. The entire tech support team has been FANTASTIC. I was against a deadline, and they provided the assistance to answer all my questions. The support team was there to walk me through the process. I feel customer service is key and even though I am a bit overwhelmed as NonProfitEasy is completly new to me. I feel confident that they will be there for support, Team

Pros

The assortment of different reports to run. The ease of creating an E-Blast. The organizational and client information is easy to sort. I am just beginning to learn all that is offered. I am looking forward to taking part in the drop in webinars!

Cons

One disadvantage is that clients can only have one email address attached to their contact information. Some of the tutorials have been hard to learn from. I am looking forward to taking part in the drop in webinars especially now that I am beginning to interact with our donors, sponsors, clients and foundations.

Sabrina

Industry: Performing Arts

Essential to our business

Having one CRM product that addresses our box office needs, our communication needs, our financial reporting needs, etc, is extremely helpful. The customer service has always been useful and patient. Thanks!

Pros

The ability to integrate free events, paid classes, gifts, donor relations and reporting, has become essential to our day-to-day functions and long term goal setting. All the different arms of our organization interact with NonProfitEasy, and those targeted interactions make each user more effective in their sphere.

Cons

The reporting interface could be more intuitive, and the communications module could be more customizable. I'd love to be able to produce splashier communications with more functionality (both printed and digital). Producing the reports I need in the way I need them has been a real learning process. It would be great if that process could be demystified in future builds.

Christine

Overall, we have had a great experience with Fundly. Lots of great features and amazing support.

More automation of recurring donations. Great for managing our events. Peace of mind knowing that support is available and responsive.

Pros

The best thing about Fundly is their customer support. A great system is nothing without support to get you up and running and help you when you have a question. Their webinars are great, especially the Friday drop-in webinar. I also like how it helped us get our recurring donations mostly automated. All I have to do is go in and click to send the acknowledgment emails. They also have great ways to recieve donations and event registrations online. The donation widget we have on our website definitely increased our online donations.

Cons

The reporting feature can be hard to learn. It's very powerful and can do a lot when you get up to speed but the learning curve is steep. Luckily, they have the Reporting Huddles. I have gotten a lot of help from going to those.

Krisi

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Fundly Review

Very good. Anytime I need a question answered, I get a response within 24 hours... usually faster than that though. Customer service is very good.

Pros

I like that I can run any kind of report that I would like and can customize the data to track anything I need tracked.

Cons

I wish there was a user guide that I could have used instead of having to call tech support when I had a question.

Pricing

Decently Priced, Functional for Those with Some Technical Knowhow

Overall support has been tremendous. I have never had a question that didn't get answered by the team quickly - even if they could not do what I was asking. They are incredibly knowledgeable and have helped me get what I need done so many times.

Pros

What I like most is the ability to keep up with all of our contacts in one location.

Cons

Reporting is quite a challenge if you want to create a custom report.

Reasons for switching to Fundly

Because I had used this software with another organization and it was priced decently.

Jeffery

STAY AWAY!

This was a great company and product when it was nonprofiteasy, but ever since becoming Fundly CRM is has gone to the birds. Used to be a simple, user friendly experience. Now it is cluncky, not user friendly and some of the features are impossible to use unless you are a computer programmer. Customer service does not exist with this company - be prepared to be thrown into the wolf's den. At best they will give you a list of instructions a day later, but that's all. Or they will tell you to watch a webinar. If you have nothing else to do but mess with a computer all day this might work for you, but most of us fundraisers do not (or probably don't know how because that is not our job!). Then the support personnel talk to you like your stupid because you can't figure out what they are talking about from their written instructions and they then want to charge you just for the privilege of talking to them on the phone. The reporting feature is absolutely useless unless you are a computer engineer. Seriously! They farm out the reporting to a company called Exago that is for market research. I'm totally not kidding - check it out http://www.exagoinc.com/. This is what you have to look forward to. Nothing but headaches and anxiety. Please do not fall for these people; especially the sales guy Dan. They do not care about you. They're only objective is to add more clients and definitely not to help you or your organization.

Pros

NONE

Cons

THAT IT EXISTS

Response from Fundly

At Fundly. we understand that any new technology creates a learning opportunity that can sometimes feel daunting. We make every reasonable effort to ensure that our customers have a multitude of free training and tools to learn the features of the Fundly CRM platform. Unfortunately, in this case, the customer did not have the time to complete the training as offered and there was an unreasonable expectation that the Fundly team would do additional work for free. Although we made several attempts to engage in a solution, we regret that we were unable to sufficiently satisfy this organization's request.

Replied April 2017

Fundly CRM a great tool for nonprofits. Tech savvy users recommended to get the most out of it

Pros

communications, event management, smart reporting, smart tagging and newly added journeys.

Cons

would be great if it integrated with Xero accounting. individual relationships could be a little more straightforward as a process, and automatically applied to other relations

Mari

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Works well for our needs

Pros

We mostly use it to keep track of memberships and our mailing lists. Their support is fantastic.

Cons

The price is the biggest turn off. As a nonprofit every penny is pinched and stretched. I believe it's a good product for the price. When we were shopping around I didn't find anything better but I cringe every time I think about how many donations we need to receive in order to pay for the system that keeps track of them.

Reasons for switching to Fundly

We were using an older version that they were no longer supporting. We needed to upgrade to the newer version. The price would have been 3 times more than we were paying.

Jerry

Review of Non-Profit Easy

We had a mix of systems that were not integrated. Our number one goal was to have integration. Fundly does this very well. We are also a small organization and cost was a big issue to us. Fundly gave us all this integration and functionality at a very low price compared to other options.

Pros

This software has features and functionality that much more expensive software has and even beyond. The integration of web pages, finance, fundraising, donor management, marketing and communications, events are normally only found in far more expensive software. The set-up is straightforward and our migration went smoothly.

Cons

The e-store function is the weakest function and only has basic functionality. Mosty functions like being able to include item cost, track profit, supplier information and more would make this function more usable. We have a gift shop where this additional functionality and data is needed. For those who need bare basic store functionality it works fine.

Fundly