• Pros

• "It was easy and nice to work with. The process was simple and everyone there responded quickly. It was very simple to raise money for a good cause."

• "How versatile the product is; you can apply it to essentially any situation."

• "Nothing so far. I stopped donations because there seems to be to too many unsure features."

• Cons

• "Like any CRM, NonProfitEasy has its quirks, but honestly, any issues we have had along the way were minor, included as "feature requests" and have been resolved. "

• "There was really nothing that I didn't like. It was great the whole way around. There are no complaints at all."

• "The lack of statistical reporting. It could benefit larger organizations to see where donations come from."

Browse Fundly Reviews

Britt from Building Up S.T.E.A.M Inc.

Love Fundly

Excellent

Pros

I love all the all-in-one aspect of the software. I dont have to go to one place to organize volunteers, another for donation and fundraising, etc. It is all available in this one system! Also, customer service is great! There is a lot you can do with the software, therefore, there is a learning curve that comes along with it. However, there is training provided for on-boarding, recorded webniars that you can access to learn the ends/outs of different parts of the system, weekly free live webinars offered, and free weekly drop-in sessions to ask question! I love the recorded webinars so much that I recently found myself telling another company, from whom I made a recent purchase, that they need to be like Fundly!

Cons

All the different aspects of the system adds to its value but also to your learning curve. However, they have what I need and if I don't learn it at Fundly, I still have to learn it somewhere! Might as well be at a place that offers a variety of resources and great customer service to help with the process! And if I can learn it, trust me, anyone can!

Reasons for Choosing Fundly

Snowball - cheap but did not have everything we needed. Planning Center - used breifly. mainly for churches and did not have all that we needed. Bonfire appear to good for t-shirts but we needed more. Kindful, Neon, Network for Good were FAR from the price range of a small nonprofit like ours.

Betsy from Inspire Women

Very supportive!

Pros

It’s simplicity and function, but you can’t beat their customer support and daily availability. Their team is amazing!

Cons

The long delay or pause to have it connect.

Reasons for Switching to Fundly

Blackbaud was very complex and difficult to use. Non-profit easy is very user friendly.

Jeffery from Flagler Humane Society

STAY AWAY!

This was a great company and product when it was nonprofiteasy, but ever since becoming Fundly CRM is has gone to the birds. Used to be a simple, user friendly experience. Now it is cluncky, not user friendly and some of the features are impossible to use unless you are a computer programmer. Customer service does not exist with this company - be prepared to be thrown into the wolf's den. At best they will give you a list of instructions a day later, but that's all. Or they will tell you to watch a webinar. If you have nothing else to do but mess with a computer all day this might work for you, but most of us fundraisers do not (or probably don't know how because that is not our job!). Then the support personnel talk to you like your stupid because you can't figure out what they are talking about from their written instructions and they then want to charge you just for the privilege of talking to them on the phone. The reporting feature is absolutely useless unless you are a computer engineer. Seriously! They farm out the reporting to a company called Exago that is for market research. I'm totally not kidding - check it out http://www.exagoinc.com/. This is what you have to look forward to. Nothing but headaches and anxiety. Please do not fall for these people; especially the sales guy Dan. They do not care about you. They're only objective is to add more clients and definitely not to help you or your organization.

Pros

NONE

Cons

THAT IT EXISTS

Response from Fundly

Replied April 2017

At Fundly. we understand that any new technology creates a learning opportunity that can sometimes feel daunting. We make every reasonable effort to ensure that our customers have a multitude of free training and tools to learn the features of the Fundly CRM platform. Unfortunately, in this case, the customer did not have the time to complete the training as offered and there was an unreasonable expectation that the Fundly team would do additional work for free. Although we made several attempts to engage in a solution, we regret that we were unable to sufficiently satisfy this organization's request.

Annalivia from Salem Keizer Coalition for Equality

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

I am a satisfied customer

Pros

It is specifically designed for nonprofits and fundraising, and is priced according to modules. So when we first started 7 years ago, we could start with only the modules we were ready to use and after that we built capacity to grow and expand and add new modules for more complex fundraising and donor management. I also appreciate that this database is not static. It is highly customizable and the company is always adding new features according to users' feedback.

Cons

I was not happy about the price to incorporate events and ticketing. The other complex task is importing and exporting lists and searches to Microsoft Word and Excel. But once you learn how, it is easy enough. Also they have implemented continuous improvements according to user feedback.

Reasons for Choosing Fundly

Because of NonprofitEasy's highly customizable features and the ability to buy small and add modules as we built capacity to be able to use them.

Kerrie from Deep Springs College

Industry: Fund-Raising

NonprofitEasy Review

NPE has been a useful and reliable tool to help us keep a contact database of our community as well as providing the streamlined tools we need to accept and process our donations. The customizable options mean we can tailor the database to our needs. The training and support is really good. NPE has many features we don't use right now, but I'm sure they would be very useful to other organizations.

Pros

Aside from the report feature, the product is fairly easy to use with frequent helpful updates to the software. The NPE team seems to be responsive to what users need and want. Their help and support team is top-notch and thorough. They respond very quickly to requests for help via the support ticket function and they check back in to see if further assistance is needed. They are unfailingly polite and helpful. The ability to pop in to the online in-person help session is a special feature, even if we don't use it very much. The monthly help sessions are valuable, especially for new users. The support library is also very useful, though I wish it was more up to date. I'm sure it's hard to keep up with frequent changes.

Cons

The report feature can be distressingly opaque. Creating and generating reports used to be a much easier process before the migration to Fundly a few years ago. Our organization needs are such that we mostly have to create non-default level reports. At the beginning, the learning curve for creating reports was very steep. Reports that had been easy to generate in Fundly were no longer easy to create. A user can't "intuitively" figure out how to write a report. You definitely need a more rigorous level of training to get even a beginner's grasp of the reporting feature. I somewhat frequently need to ask for assistance to explain why a report isn't gathering or is leaving out data.

Shivani from Sonoma Ashram Foundation

A CRM System That EVERY NonProfit Should Have!

NonProfitEasy (NPE) has completely transformed our organization's ability to manage donors, track donations, send communications, simplify bookkeeping and work together as a team. NPE’s smooth, integrated workflows have replaced our piece-meal processes and clunky work-arounds required by our old non-integrated systems. Uncountable hours have already been freed up and redirected towards donor cultivation, personalized fundraising strategies and furthering our mission. I only wish we had known about NPE years ago.

Pros

Every piece of data we could dream of associating with a donor is all in one place, is customizable, and is integrated with their entire donation history. And it is all at our fingertips and easy to segment and report on in multiple ways. NPE’s simple, intuitive user interface combined with our website integration has made data entry and management a breeze. Daily and weekly automated reports, emailed directly to our management from NPE, keep them in the loop wherever they are. We configured NPE to match the financial structure of our accounting system - now we simply export donation records from NPE and import directly into that system. A tremendous amount of time and energy has been freed up, and human error is practically nonexistent. NPE surprises our team on a weekly basis as we keep discovering more and more functionality to further improve our internal processes. This system not only handles what we do today, but will accommodate our needs as our organization grows. Finally, NPE’s outstanding Support Team is knowledgeable and attentive, and always willing to go the extra mile to help and guide.

Cons

The reporting module is so comprehensive and vast that it takes a bit of time to learn. But help is always there from the Support Team and online library. Although I struggle with it sometimes, I appreciate having so much functionality available to grow into little by little.

Reasons for Choosing Fundly

We were struggling with Little Green Light, and a friend of our organization highly recommended NPE. So we switched gears and couldn't be more pleased.

Richard from East Quabbin Land Trust

Helpful Customer Service!

Glad to see that NonProfitEasy looks to improve its product based on the needs of its users.

Pros

I have found the customer service to be very personable and helpful. NonProfitEasy assisted me, someone with little experience managing databases, by first importing our data into the new system and then by explaining the tools used to create helpful, custom reports. The daily call-in sessions are a valued, judgment-free zone that I visit often - although less often than I used to, thanks to the help I've received.

Cons

We communicate often by mail to households, and many of our donors give both individually and through their small businesses. As we pull reports, we find pulling the information by household a bit cumbersome and look forward to ways to provide soft credits for individuals/households when they give through their small businesses.

Reasons for Switching to Fundly

The other product was outdated, and it was nearly impossible to create reports without spending extra on technical support.

Krista from Turning Point Center of Chittenden County

What it's like being a NEW NonProfitEasy client.

We started using NonProfitEasy 3 months before the COVID pandemic started. Then business came to a complete stand still. Attending the webinar's interesting. However when I started working with our actual data I was overwhelmed. The entire tech support team has been FANTASTIC. I was against a deadline, and they provided the assistance to answer all my questions. The support team was there to walk me through the process. I feel customer service is key and even though I am a bit overwhelmed as NonProfitEasy is completly new to me. I feel confident that they will be there for support, Team

Pros

The assortment of different reports to run. The ease of creating an E-Blast. The organizational and client information is easy to sort. I am just beginning to learn all that is offered. I am looking forward to taking part in the drop in webinars!

Cons

One disadvantage is that clients can only have one email address attached to their contact information. Some of the tutorials have been hard to learn from. I am looking forward to taking part in the drop in webinars especially now that I am beginning to interact with our donors, sponsors, clients and foundations.

Sabrina from PlayPenn

Industry: Performing Arts

Essential to our business

Having one CRM product that addresses our box office needs, our communication needs, our financial reporting needs, etc, is extremely helpful. The customer service has always been useful and patient. Thanks!

Pros

The ability to integrate free events, paid classes, gifts, donor relations and reporting, has become essential to our day-to-day functions and long term goal setting. All the different arms of our organization interact with NonProfitEasy, and those targeted interactions make each user more effective in their sphere.

Cons

The reporting interface could be more intuitive, and the communications module could be more customizable. I'd love to be able to produce splashier communications with more functionality (both printed and digital). Producing the reports I need in the way I need them has been a real learning process. It would be great if that process could be demystified in future builds.

Laura from Ironwood Springs Christian Ranch

Easy enough to capture data; reporting on it later is another story

Pros

You can record a lot of information about donations including where the money is coming from, where it is going, details about who it came from, etc. The acknowledgement feature for sending receipts helps track communications with donors.

Cons

I've found it extremely difficult to report on data after it's entered in the system. The reporting tool is not intuitive. There are several "tricks" that you wouldn't know unless told specifically. I run into many errors and can't seem to get the reports to pull the information I want, especially in fairly straightforward scenarios. I also found the system to be quite slow as compared to other cloud/internet-based softwares. It takes a long time to enter one small task or piece of information and search for contacts or navigate through the site.

Darlene from Petaluma People Services Center

Industry: Individual & Family Services

NonProfitEasy Lives Up to Its Name

In addition to using NonProfitEasy as our general contact management system, we use it for outgoing communications (newsletters, reminders, alerts, updates, etc.), for recording and tracking all aspects of the mentorships and advocacy team cases in our program, for storing contact related documents, donors and donation tracking, and for reporting purposes. NPE is very user-friendly so our volunteers can log in and help out without any oversight or formal training. Additionally, security levels allow us to provide access to volunteers without the fear of potentially exposing some of the sensitive client information contained in our database. Every member of our staff, and every department in our organization uses NonProfitEasy. The majority of our staff members work as satellites of our headquarters, on school campuses and from home offices, so NonProfitEasy is a necessary and integral part of managing and running our organization. Our staff members can pull up information on any of the participants or supporters of our program, from their laptops or iPads, while in the field. No

Pros

Because our organization runs a mentoring program, the mentor module is the most impactful feature of NonProfitEasy for us. It allows us to track the mentoring relationship from match to closure as well as the participating individuals and all of their information and relationships. There is no other product on the market which contains all of the elements and features of NPE, and we would be lost in the land of spreadsheets without it.

Reasons for Choosing Fundly

We have been using NonProfitEasy for over ten years and have been extremely happy with it. A little over 2 years ago, at the "due diligence" request of our board of directors, we researched several of the other CRM options available on the market and determined that NonProfitEasy was still not only the best product for the money, but also the product which best suits our needs. It is adaptable, user-friendly and manages all of our ever-expanding data and reporting needs

Christine from Arts North Carolina

Overall, we have had a great experience with Fundly. Lots of great features and amazing support.

More automation of recurring donations. Great for managing our events. Peace of mind knowing that support is available and responsive.

Pros

The best thing about Fundly is their customer support. A great system is nothing without support to get you up and running and help you when you have a question. Their webinars are great, especially the Friday drop-in webinar. I also like how it helped us get our recurring donations mostly automated. All I have to do is go in and click to send the acknowledgment emails. They also have great ways to recieve donations and event registrations online. The donation widget we have on our website definitely increased our online donations.

Cons

The reporting feature can be hard to learn. It's very powerful and can do a lot when you get up to speed but the learning curve is steep. Luckily, they have the Reporting Huddles. I have gotten a lot of help from going to those.

John from Fierce Freedom

Decently Priced, Functional for Those with Some Technical Knowhow

Overall support has been tremendous. I have never had a question that didn't get answered by the team quickly - even if they could not do what I was asking. They are incredibly knowledgeable and have helped me get what I need done so many times.

Pros

What I like most is the ability to keep up with all of our contacts in one location.

Cons

Reporting is quite a challenge if you want to create a custom report.

Reasons for Switching to Fundly

Because I had used this software with another organization and it was priced decently.

Mari from Prairie Woods Env. Learning Center

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Works well for our needs

Pros

We mostly use it to keep track of memberships and our mailing lists. Their support is fantastic.

Cons

The price is the biggest turn off. As a nonprofit every penny is pinched and stretched. I believe it's a good product for the price. When we were shopping around I didn't find anything better but I cringe every time I think about how many donations we need to receive in order to pay for the system that keeps track of them.

Reasons for Switching to Fundly

We were using an older version that they were no longer supporting. We needed to upgrade to the newer version. The price would have been 3 times more than we were paying.

Jessica from Warren County Habitat for Humanity Inc

Happy with Nonprofit Easy

We subscribe to both Nonprofit Easy and Volunteer Easy with Fundly. There is definitely a lot more support available for Nonprofit Easy and because of that I feel more comfortable using Nonprofit Easy. We like that the two databases are integrated, it allows for additional segmenting and targeted communication.

Pros

You can track donors and campaigns, manage events, set up communication streams. Great customer service. On demand tutorials and drop-in learning sessions really help you get started. So many features. I'm still discovering new things I can do with Nonprofit Easy and they keep adding features, like text to give. The cost is reasonable and any additional fees for processing are minimal.

Cons

So many features. This is both a pro and a con. There's so much that it can be overwhelming when you first start with Nonprofit Easy. As I use it more, I like it more.

Reasons for Choosing Fundly

Cost and ability to integrate volunteer management with donor management.

Dan from City Club of Portland

AGREED: Stay Away!

We continue to have problems that have lost us thousands of dollars. The response we get from company reps is more about protecting Fundly than solving problems. The previous staff at our nonprofit must have selected Fundly based on expected costs, but the reality is that the opportunity cost and real costs are literally threatening the survival of our organization.

Pros

A few things are easy, but a lot is lacking, and for end users, the system is very frustrating.

Cons

We do events nearly every week and have to field dozens of calls and emails each week from people who are not able to register due to confusing user experience, timeouts, and technical issues. When people want to reset their password, they often don't get the reset message. Monthly members/donors keep getting kicked out by the system, so we often get people who think they're still members, but the system won't recognize them. When we try to fix this on the back end, it doesn't "stick." Reporting is frustrating and often inaccurate, especially around events and membership. The customer service is defensive and usually insists that there isn't a problem.

Isis from Ruth's Way, Inc.

Industry: Individual & Family Services

AWESOME!

The software is extremely easy to access, and utilize.

Pros

The software is so easy to use, even for people like myself who are not so "technology literate"! Anytime I need assistance the staff avails themselves immediately. I can keep track of every single item regarding our organization in ONE place, this is most helpful for me especially since in the position of ED I wear many hats.

Cons

Occasionally the system will freeze up on me, but this is generally the only issue that I've encountered. I do not have any other cons to report at this time. The system has been for the most part AWESOME.

Response from Fundly

Replied June 2017

Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoy using Fundly CRM. Call us if there is anything we can help you with.

Catherine from Hillside Health Care International

Service is excellent, the program is robust and an excellent value.

Efficiency, support, ease of use for myself and other internal customers.

Pros

The support is fantastic, the software is easy to understand graphics; ease of use of the various input and access systems, detailed reporting, and price.

Anya from The Nick

I highly recommend using Fundly!

Overall, I am very impressed with Fundly and would highly recommend it to other businesses.

Pros

Fundly makes it easy to access everything regarding our contacts and forms that may be sent to them upon donating for a convenient use.

Cons

There are almost so many features that it may be hard to get use to. It would be easier with more tutorials on how to use certain functions/features.

Amanda from Boyds funds

Industry: Fund-Raising

Fundly is NOT fun

I will NOT use this company nor suggest using this company or fundraising again.

Pros

The ease of starting the fund, it was easy to start up and upload pictures

Cons

They use a financial system called STRIPE. It is a secondary business. To start a fundraiser for a friend i used FUNDLY, not knowing the money i was raising was going to be held hostage by STRIPE. They treated the fundraiser as a business. I had no EID because it is not a business and there is NO profit to be made. The customer support was anything but helpful. I could not stop the fundraiser without loosing the current funds. So the family in NEED is still in need while Stripe holds the funds.

Response from Fundly

Replied October 2019

Fundly Pro - our crowding funding platform - is different than Fundly CRM. Fundly Pro allows you to fundraise for you cause, personalize your campaign, share with your network and a lot more. We have partnered with Stripe as the payment gateway processor. EIN number is optional and can be skipped. For security reasons, until the account is verified, they do not release the funds.

Sid from Issa International, Ltd.

Great service!

Very fast to reply to service issues and questions

Pros

It makes it easy for a small organization to send receipts and responses to donors.

Cons

I have used NPE for years and have no issues so far

Reasons for Choosing Fundly

It is the only one I have used.

April 2016

Joan from Cheney Historical Museum

April 2016

Glitchy online convenience, Poor customer service

I started using this when it was NonProfitEasy. It seemed to be 5 guys running out of a garage. I ran into a number of bugs, that they fixed quickly, but I had a hard time matching their report numbers to outside sources. However, my real issue arose when first one, then a second employee promised something on pricing, but didn't follow through. Our company got a surprise charge. My emails went unanswered. Turned out first employee left the company, the other was out on leave - no one was checking their email. The company was very slow in resolving the issue, and communicated poorly during the resolution. I cannot recommend this company, there are others with same functionality and better service.

Anna from Old Sol Music Hall

Systems & Startup

As a young startup team, we at Old Sol Music Hall were looking for a customer relationship management tool that would grow with us and our nonprofit organization. With the dedicated support of the Fundly team, we were able to develop an awesome website; manage the abundance of information about our volunteers, donors, and concertgoers; and finish our first fiscal year feeling organized and ready for years to come.

Response from Fundly

Replied April 2017

Thanks for leaving us a review! We would be interested in any additional feedback you can provide on how we can improve our overall quality and especially our ease of use! If there is a time that is convenient in the upcoming weeks, I would love to schedule a call.

Jovana from Jednakost

Fund With Fundly

The pain point of every nonprofit is recurring donations, and Fundly helped us to streamline that process. It also allowed us to track our campaigning efforts and exploit our visuals to reach out to new supporters. Overall: quite satisfied!

Pros

What I like the best is the overall UX and compelling visual experience -- which plays a central role in any campaign (what you see is what you will get). Apart from that, email templates are fun and galleries are arranged nicely.

Cons

Some features are maybe a bit harder to get familiar with, but that's more about personal investment and patience. Nothing on the product side.

Andrea from Nine Entertainment Co.

Industry: Broadcast Media

Great online tool for fundraising

Pros

Easy to use for crowdfunding, able to share links on whatever platform.

Cons

It does what it needs to do, so doesn't have any cons for me.

Response from Fundly

Replied October 2019

Thank you for your feedback and being a valuable client Andrea!

Jen from Alphadu Productions

Industry: Broadcast Media

Run from Fundly

I reached out twice to customer service before I found out about their beta product that they are passing off as "ready." I've been delayed 5 days now with my campaign and lost several donors.

Pros

Good press releases. Misleading but convincing.

Cons

It has no ability to collect online payments through your phone. Last I checked, 95% of the world accesses the internet via their phone. With Fundly, you must find a desktop computer in order to donate. Kiss any Fundraising ventures goodbye. This Beta product should not be for public consumption until it's ready. Perhaps they should run their ads on phone booths? That is as up-to-date as this software. Find someone operating in this century.

Response from Fundly

Replied October 2019

Fundly Pro - our crowdfunding platform - is fully mobile compatible. Majority of the day-to-day donations raised on the platform are via mobile devices and has been in the market for over a decade. Sounds like there may have been an issue with how the campaign was set-up which could have been resolved with one call to support.

Rebecca from RBS

Horrible-stay away

Horrible!!!!

Pros

No pros stay away and use another campaign platform

Cons

I started a campaign in January hoping to cash our funds in March for an emergency trip. It is now May and they aren’t able to get me the money because “something went wrong in the system”

Response from Fundly

Replied October 2019

Fundly Pro - our crowdfunding platform -is different from Fundly CRM. In either case, all funds are released via our payment gateway partner - Fundly doesn't touch the money - if they were unable to release the money its because the campaign was flagged their risk team.

John from Calvary Temple

February 2015

I love it- it worked great for me!

March 2015

Vanessa from West suburban humane society

Annual Fundraising

Pros

I like the ease of use, accessibility, and that it's from a well known and trusted source.

Bill from Thrive

Fundly overview

Pros

I trust that donations are delivered to intended recipients.

Cons

The website is a little cumbersome. The offers could be streamlined and categorized a bit better.

Steven from Race for Kids nonprofit (Petaluma Kids Gran Fondo)

Fundraising Awesomeness

There is nothing like Fundly. Everything is all in one package for any of your fundraising needs. Our nonprofit, Race for Kids, solely uses Fundly for everything. We love it!

Response from Fundly

Replied April 2017

Thanks! We appreciate the great feedback! We are proud to be a provider for the Race for Kids!

Frances from Oxford University Press

Industry: Fine Art

2.5

Happiness is the key to knowledge: My journey using Fundly

Pros

How versatile the product is; you can apply it to essentially any situation.

Cons

It is not as secure as I would like; there are some problems with the security.

Marcus from Celebrate Life

No customer support feature. No way to withdraw funds. Unable to send response when they email.

Pros

Cons

No way to communicate. no way to email or call or withdraw funds. I stopped donations.