What are Fundraise Up users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Fundraise Up software through verified user reviews

• icon"We had another option previously that cost much more and had less support."
  • icon"The customer service from the beginning was seamless. The software itself is customizable and easy to use for the end user."
  • icon"I like the way we can personalize the emails to our donors and change them as often as we like. I love that it is integrated with Bloomerang."
  • icon"There were a couple tiny issues I told my FundraiseUp rep about, moreso me trying to give constructive criticism than any real problem."
  • icon"They are constantly adding new features and asking for critical feedback from users in what appears to be an effort to bridge this gap."
  • icon"The fees are steep, but you get what you pay for."

Browse all Fundraise Up Reviews

• Have you used Fundraise Up and would like to share your experience with others?

Cäcille

The best donation software and support teams out there – with fabulous leadership. ;)

Overall I was suspicious but optimistic. I'm so glad that Maria, on a whim, decided to go with this platform, even if it put a lot of pressure on me to figure it out at the time.

Pros

I love the ease of use and the adaptability it has. We've been able to increase the revenue of our crowdsourcing campaigns, as well as our general fundraising.

Cons

Um.. nothing?! The only thing really is lack of integration with our database, but that's not their fault whatsoever.

Reasons for choosing Fundraise Up

We still use that product, but mostly for event registration or any online event donations that we get mailed in, to make campaign organzation easier on us (me).

Reasons for switching to Fundraise Up

Our other system was terrible to begin with and we needed a change. It was free but so long as the product was astounding we were more than willing to pay.Plus Maria and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] go way back (apparently) and she also decided on whim to meet him and basically fell in love with the product – as did I once she showed me and I played around with it.

Response from Fundraise Up

Thank you for your kind comments! We love working with your organization. We do have more CRM integrations on our roadmap, so stick with us! :)

Matthew

Industry: Environmental Services

Its Changed The Game For Donation Platforms!

By making the donor experience cleaner and more intuitive, we have found a big increase in donor activity and retention. The fact that donors can also update their own payment methods and amounts via their own dashboard has taken the workload off our fundraising team to focus on engaging donors in other areas.

Pros

The incredibly simple setup is the first notable thing. Then the ability to use donation elements in such a flexible manner across our website, online store, social media posts, EDM's and even email signatures makes this a stand out feature. Creating campaigns is also a really simple process, however the ability to tailor each campaign on a micro level is brilliant. For the admin / IT department, Fundraise Up has integrations prebuilt for the stripe payment gateway, Double the Donation, as well as the option for data to be pushed into Kindful, sales force etc for CRM management. Zapier can also be integrated to achieve anything not prebuilt which is a snap to use. The dashboard for the donor management gives really clear and concise information with simple reporting that also be exported via CSV if needed. For marketers, it allows you to track insights such as UTM codes which is invaluable. Lastly the use of the donation app from a users perspective is brilliant and looks at the process at a way that makes it incredibly simple for the donor to give without bloated forms, while still allowing for options such as tributes, employer, anonymous donations, cover fees and a range of other features. In short it just works right out of the box exactly how you need it too. The team at Fundraise Up are proactive and making enhancements continually and their support is A+

Cons

After a few months of active use we have no issues.

Reasons for choosing Fundraise Up

All other platforms use the same donation experience. Standard landing page or forms - nothing at all wrong with this, however Fundraise Up offered a new take on the giving experience that was more flexible from an admin perspective and donor experience.

Reasons for switching to Fundraise Up

The donation platform used as part of Sales Force needed to be managed by a third party and was problematic and clunky as well as expensive.

Response from Fundraise Up

Matthew, thank you so much for your feedback! We much appreciate it. We're glad you're finding the new approach to be working for your organization on so many levels. You all have an amazing mission, and cutting-edge tech adopters to boot. Cheers!

Replied August 2020

Danielle

Great and easy to use with AMAZING customer service

Our website fundraising page is more interactive and we are looking forward to launching a new monthly giving campaign in the new year.

Pros

Fundraise Up gives you tools to create effective campaigns that are simple to use and effective. What's more, when working on setting up my campaign I had meetings twice, sometimes three times a week with my designated customer support representative making it feel like I had an extra colleague working on achieving success.

Cons

I'd prefer a one-off platform fee and the ability to not push such a high donation % fee onto our donors. We have had some issues with the integration of Mailchimp and also Kindful, but are working through solutions.

Allen

I was dubious at first, but I am now a big supporter

We have benefited financially from incorporating Fundraise Up into our website. We were able to remove a clunky donation page (CRM provided) with their software providing an easy to use way for donors to open their wallets.

Pros

The product is quite easy to use, the support is fast to reply and work with you when there is a challenge, setup was easy, the elements you can place on your website are very clever (and quite customizable), integration with our CRM package, increased donations that I believe are due to the donation environment created using Fundraise Up.

Cons

Apple Pay setup (not really the software's fault), could use more formatting flexibility in text creation (like Bold, Italics, other text formatting features), it took a little while to understand the language of the software; unfamiliar terms like Social Proof, Elements, etc.

Response from Fundraise Up

Hi Allen, Thank you for selecting Fundraise Up as your donation platform of choice. It's a pleasure to serve your nonprofit, and I'm glad to read that you're seeing meaningful financial benefits. Looking forward to seeing how your organization grows! - Nic

Replied June 2021

Aaron

Best in the Business! - Do not sleep on Fundraise Up

We were able to robustly implement FRU literally overnight, in a frantic attempt to get a campaign page up and running for an upcoming fundraising event. We knew immediately that this software platform and the incredible staff at FRU were on another level entirely. In our option, they have no competition. Since that overnight success story, we have been singing FRU's praises and find ourselves getting upset at least once a day, knowing that other great nonprofit orgs are stuck using any other donation platform. If you are one of those nonprofits out there not using FRU, it's the equivalent of still owning a pager instead of a cellular phone. Get with it!

Pros

- UI/UX - Elegant, intuitive, and efficient, there is not a better looking platform in the game today - Elements - This is the software's most brilliant feature and is truly unique to the industry - Checkout - Backed by science and machine learning, this checkout form can generate outsized returns - Branding - Whether at checkout, via elements, thank you emails/receipts, your brand will be prevalent - Dashboard - This goes with the UI/UX, but it is so clean and easy to track...a legit dashboard for everyone - Recurring Donor Focus - The software is constantly working hard to increase recurring donors - Recurring Donor Migration - This feature is amazing and free, allowing us to auto-magically migrate - Double the Donation Integration - The way Match 360 is integrated into checkout is a beautiful thing - Everything else I'm forgetting...

Cons

I don't have any cons at this time. FRU knows exactly who they are as a company and a software platform. They live by specific company guardrails that allow them to focus on improving true pain points and challenges for their nonprofit clients. There is no show with them or gimmicks...simply the best!

Reasons for choosing Fundraise Up

There are too may reasons to list. The bottom line is that there are ZERO licensing fees, a very competitive platform fee, and the best support staff + developers the nonprofit fundraising game has ever seen. We love you, FRU!

Reasons for switching to Fundraise Up

We needed something more powerful than what Donorbox was offering, which served us well for our first few years as an organization. We felt we required better automation/integration with our existing tech stack + we were pushing to create a heavily OLASTEO branded campaign page. FRU was the perfect storm to sweep away our challenges and worries.

Response from Fundraise Up

Aaron, we're glad we get to partner with you and OLASTEO! Thanks so much for being a champion for good tech and an advocate for Fundraise Up. Looking forward to serving you further in 2021 and beyond.

Replied February 2021

Betsy

Donors love it

Pros

We are in the business of bringing joy to our donors. Some (including a Board Member who is herself in Development) have actually reached out to us to tell us how much they enjoyed the checkout process. And I am confident we are raising more money thanks to the intelligent features: visual cues to nudge the donor to give monthly, suggested giving amounts, customizable checkout questions (about 30% of donors are telling me how they discovered us and why they are giving), integration with Double the Donation makes it SO easy for the donor to indicate an employer match (we've gone from 0 matches to 32, and some of those are recurring gifts!), the ability to filter and search for all of this data SO easily. It's a joy to use! At first we got FundraiseUp as an integration when we migrated to Kindful (which has integrations with Mail Chimp and DonorSearch - wouldn't you like to see the donor's wealth screening right in his or her profile?) but I never imagined how much we would love it. Make yourself and your donors happy...and Kindful is now merging with Bloomerang, which has the best education platform for fundraisers (IMO).

Cons

Our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] balked at first at the 3% fee, but we managed to convince him that the ROI would be positive - and it is. 84% of our donors have covered the fees. You can't put a price on making donors happy. It is the foundation of donor retention. Period!

Reasons for switching to Fundraise Up

We switched to Kindful: much more user friendly, an open API to make integrations with FundraiseUp, Mail Chimp, DonorSearch, etc possible.

Response from Fundraise Up

Hi Betsy! Thanks so much for the opportunity to partner with Daily Table. I'm happy to learn you're having a great experience with Fundraise Up :) And thanks for sharing your gift matching numbersfantastic!

Replied February 2021

Patrick

The BEST by Far

We have raised over $340,000 using Fundraiser Up since Dec 19, 2020 . We haven't even hit the 1 year mark yet. All of this with almost 90-92% of the donation fee being covered by the donor.

Pros

Fundraise Up solves the most valuable problem for Nonprofits and the brand experience. Providing a donor experience that seamlessly integrates with your brand. Most donation platforms have a generic styled form or require you to break the donor funnel to redirect to their platform. But, Fundraiser Up allows you to break down donor experiences all the way down to the element.

Cons

I can't say I've found a dislike, every time I start wondering what else can we do they launch a new feature.

Reasons for choosing Fundraise Up

I have literally used every donor platform there is, and Fundraise Up has the fundamental equasion covered. How do we convert donor within our donor experience?

Reasons for switching to Fundraise Up

Better experience without having to pay $3,300 per year just to see if users will donation. We've raised more in Fundraise Up in less than a year, than 1 1/2 years on Classy.

Response from Fundraise Up

Thanks so much for your detailed review. It's particularly rewarding because as you say, you've worked with all the options out there so you have a professional context for the value we strive to bring to our customersand yours. Thanks!

B Michael

Our donation amounts SOARED!

My organization's donations have soared. A significant percent of our donors contribute at the recommended level, and the vast majority elect to cover fees which means my organization gets 100% of their donation. It also made monthly recurring donations incredibly easy, and many of our small dollar donors have elected to go monthly to maximize their total annual giving.

Pros

I am NOT a tech-savvy user, so the ease of use was extremely important to me. It was easy to set up, easy to add a pop-up to our website, easy to link to our bank, and easy to use on a daily basis to pull the information I need; also, it works great on PC or mobile device.

Cons

That my database software does not link directly to it, so information would be automatically added to my database.

Reasons for choosing Fundraise Up

The staff! FundraiseUP was extremely personal in their approach. We felt like a customer and not a number, and there was not an endless chain of personnel from sales team to implementation team to account management team to customer service team. One person led me from start to finish and is still my point of contact. Like a good fundraising organization, FundraiseUp realizes that relationships are key!

Reasons for switching to Fundraise Up

1) Recommended donation amount 2) Cover Fees suggestion 3) Integration ease with website 4) Ease of donor payment options 5) Ease of payout options

Response from Fundraise Up

B Michael, thanks for the review! We're stoked that your online revenue has soared. It's exactly what we set out to do! You rock.

Dawn

Fundraise Up was a great move for our nonprofit!

It's been a really great experience and our donors are loving it, too. The customer service is incredible! After years of dealing with Network for Good's robotic and impersonal customer service, FundraiseUp is like a dream! Our contact at FundraiseUp [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a ROCK STAR and is always willing to jump on a call or Zoom meeting, answers all my questions quickly and with great detail, and is just really wonderful to work with. She makes MY job easier, and that is HUGE in a nonprofit where I wear a lot of different hats. I highly recommend FundraiseUp!

Pros

After relying on Network for Good for years for our growing organization, we needed something that integrated with our donation database, was easy to use, had auto-receipts that we could customize, had an e-card option for donations, and was more user-friendly to our donors. It's also great that it has a Peer to Peer option as well. So many fun ways to make this software work for us! Fundraise Up has been a great answer to all of our needs and has been so easy to use!

Cons

So far the only thing we have come across software-wise is not being able to ask any custom questions for Peer-to-Peer Fundraising. The only other issue was that Network for Good would NOT allow us to migrate our monthly donors over, so we had to ask monthly donors to cancel and then move over to FundraiseUp manually, but that is Network for Good's fault, not Fundraise Up!

Reasons for choosing Fundraise Up

Integrates really well with everything we do! Love it!

Reasons for switching to Fundraise Up

Lack of control with branding, clunky user interface, lack of customization with forms, emails, receipts, etc, and poor customer service.

Response from Fundraise Up

Dawn, it's a pleasure for us to serve you and Young at Heart Senior Pet Adoptions. You can look forward to many years of excellent customer service from your Success Engineer!

Replied May 2021

Leticia

The best decision we've ever made!

Pros

Very easy to use, easy to install and friendly to manage. It's the most effective online donation platform that we ever used! And also they have the best customer service!!

Cons

That is in English :( we work with a lot of Spanish speakers.

Reasons for choosing Fundraise Up

Because we are a complex nonprofit and none of them were giving us what we needed. FundraiseUp gave us solutions instead of problems!!

Response from Fundraise Up

Thank you, Leticia, for your comments! We do have plans to expand internationally over the coming year, adding more languages in the checkout process for donors. Stay tuned for updates on this!

Ashley

We have tried many platforms and FundraiseUp is the absolute best!

We are very happy with FundraiseUp! I cannot say enough great things about the software itself as well as the customer service. We have used other platforms in the past and whenever we encountered an issue we had a nearly impossible time reaching someone for help. With FundraiseUp, we hear from someone almost immediately. It is visually stunning, other nonprofits have actually reached out to us to inquire when they visit our landing page. There are so many awesome features but we especially love the wide variety of payment options--it's awesome to have Paypal and Apple Pay in the form, especially for donors who tend to make the majority of their donations from their phone. Altogether we are very happy with FundraiseUp!

Pros

User friendly (for administrator and users), many payment types accepted, visually attractive design, multiple logins for team members, useful reporting features, wide range of integrations,

Cons

When we first joined, FundraiseUp was a brand new start up. They were still working on getting integrations set up so we did not immediately have access to some of the features we were used to with our previous platform. As the company has grown, that issue has seemed to resolve itself. They are constantly adding new features and asking for critical feedback from users in what appears to be an effort to bridge this gap.

Reasons for choosing Fundraise Up

I saw FundraiseUp's donation form on another nonprofit's page and actually reached out to them to inquire about the platform. After hearing nothing but amazing feedback from their team, I reached out to FundraiseUp to request a demo. After e-meeting their team and learning about all the features, I was sold! We made the switch that day and haven't looked back.

Response from Fundraise Up

Thank you for your feedback! And for jumping on board when we were just getting started. Thrilled to have you with us on this journey.

Replied February 2020

Juanita

May 2022

Look no further than Fundraise Up

Overall, I would recommend Fundraise Up to any and all nonprofits. Our donors love how easy it is to use and how nice the donation forms look.

Pros

What I like the most about Fundraise Up is the ease of use. The insights page that opens up as soon as you login in is great and lets you know how your donations are looking for that month. Creating campaigns and implementing their elements to your website is easy. They have goal meters, buttons, overlays, and lists for you to choose from! Did I mention the customer service? When the nonprofit that I work for was looking for a new donation platform, we were connected with Salvatore and he made us feel so comfortable and helped us every step of the way!

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about Fundraise Up

Reasons for switching to Fundraise Up

We still have Bloomerang as our donation CRM but we found that their donation forms were outdated and not the most user-friendly. We looked around and were told about Fundraise Up so after meeting with them, we knew we had to make the change. It's great that Fundraise Up integrates with Bloomerang because now we have a powerhouse of donor and donation management.

Amy

Great Product & Excellent Service

Far superior than our previous platform at a fraction of the cost. We have seena a steady increase in recurring donations since switching to FundraiseUp.

Pros

Pretty much everything is great. Onboarding was super simple & Sal is always available to answers questions. The dashboard gives a great snapshot, the analytics are great, and the features offered are just what we needed. Having the monthly recurring as a default option, being mobile-friendly, and having the Apple & Google pay options are excellent features.

Cons

Only one small issue. Having to update emails associated with each campaign is a little annoying. Campaigns can be duplicated so you are not starting from scratch but recurring donation emails for old campaigns might need to be changed well after the campaign ends.

Reasons for switching to Fundraise Up

Cost, user experience, availability of features.

Response from Fundraise Up

Thank you for the feedback, Amy! This is a pain point for us, also. :( BUT! We have a new email template manager in the works and releasing soon... woohoo!

Max

Excellent Fundraising Platform!

Overall I/our organization has had a great experience.

Pros

It's incredibly easy to use and I really like that you can create and run different campaigns at the same time. I also really like the way it automatically gives you suggestions for amounts as well as suggests the option to become a monthly donor. The system makes it easy to customize with ready-made card/templates and it's very streamlined. I also really like their incentive-based fee structure and the fact that there is no monthly or annual fee and Fundraise Up only makes money if you do! Overall it's a great fundraising platform with $0 overhead and I highly recommend it!

Cons

There's no option to include VIDEO! This is a huge minus and the main reason I didn't give 5 stars. Also, the amount of text you can add with a picture is very limited. It would be WAY better if there was a MUCH higher character/word count to be able to effectively communicate everything you/your organization would like to to potential donors.

Flipcause

Reasons for choosing Fundraise Up

The fact that there is no monthly/annual fees and no overhead.

Response from Fundraise Up

Hi Max! Thanks for sharing your review of Fundraise Up. I'm really happy to see that you're pleased with the AI and machine learning capabilities of the platform. Our goals are aligned with yours and I'm excited to see how we can help Rhythmic Mind grow this year. I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts on including video. Here's a great study by NextAfter on the conversion impact of video on a donation page. It addresses some of our concerns with implementing a feature that might reduce donations for your nonprofit: https://bit.ly/38zN92a Thanks for the opportunity to partner with you and your team! Nic

Replied January 2021

Great Overall Product, Bumpy Transition

Once we got past the transition from our old system to Fundraise Up we have loved it! It accomplishes many of the goals we were hoping to accomplish with the adoption of Fundraise Up. We love the personalized experience we can give our donors, we love the payment options, the tracking, the integration with our database. Lot's of great things all around. If the transition would have been a better experience I would be giving Fundraise Up a 5 star recommendation as opposed to the overall 4 star recommendation.

Pros

I love that it's donor targeted! The smart features like the increase donation suggestions are great. Of course, one of the best features is that it gives our donors the option to cover the credit card processing fee. We see lots of new donors who are willing to do this and that is a financial burden off of us! Makes every donation go a little further.

Cons

The transition wasn't well communicated from the very start. I don't feel like the Fundraise Up team had a good idea of our current system and they made some assumptions that cost us a lot of time and confusion for our donors. It was a mess to undo and really could have been avoided if the FRU team had asked better questions. At the end of the day, we don't know their system so we don't know what questions that need to be asked to make sure the transition goes smoothly. In my opinion, it's Fundraise Up's responsibility to make sure they have everything they need. They didn't do a good job of that so our transition was really rough. On top of that, we were pitched a very simplistic version of the transition process so we had false expectations going into it. Again, something that could have been avoided with better communication.

Reasons for choosing Fundraise Up

We chose FRU because Bloomerang highly recommended them and because Bloomerang isn't planning on offering integrations with other online forums. So really, we didn't have a whole lot of options to consider. We went off of their recommendations.

Reasons for switching to Fundraise Up

We wanted something that would be more donor centered and something that would integrate with our database, Bloomerang.

Response from Fundraise Up

Thanks for your review, Sarah! We're so glad things are going well. Yes, the transition and migration process wasn't so straightforward. I think we all learned a few things to check and double-check for this kind of process, especially when working with so many accounts, subaccounts, multiple previous platforms, and many bank accounts. All things considered, I think we all did the best we could. We support Refuge for Women and applaud the work you all do to help so much others.

Nic

Incredible turnkey fundraising software for any organziation

I've had a stellar experience with the Fundraise Up product and team. The software is robust, intuitive, and the perfect fit for any online donation workflow, and the Fundraise Up team is responsive, encouraging, and truly dedicated to ensuring their customers get the most out of the platform.

Pros

The primary selling point for Fundraise Up is that it provides an optimized donor checkout experience, and they nail this. But the optimization doesn't stop at checkout. For platform admins, navigating Fundraise Up's dashboard is a breeze and requires little to no onboarding education. This is huge for small teams that don't have dedicated IT support and still a bonus for large organizations because the intuitive user experience saves time and staves-off frustration. You can literally get up and running with Fundraise Up in minutes and feel confident about navigating transactions, payment processors, and other records from the start. I have yet to find these qualities in another piece of online fundraising software.

Cons

My first thought when creating an initial checkout experience with Fundraise Up was that I wanted more customization with design elements and colors so I could better match the experience to my client's branding. Here's a huge selling point for Fundraise Up: they have incredible support for their product. I emailed my contact at the company and they shared their development roadmap with me and it includes EXACTLY what I want to accomplish with customization, and it's launching soon. So even though what I want isn't available just yet, I appreciate the fast-paced development schedule for Fundraise Up and am excited to try new features as they become available.

Reasons for choosing Fundraise Up

I've browsed, demoed, and onboarded more online giving platforms than I'd like, and that's mostly because I find myself having to switch platforms from time to time because they stop meeting my expectations. Fundraise Up is different because it scales and evolves to meet any use case I throw at it. And because it has native integrations with key platforms like Zapier, there are limitless possibilities for how I leverage the Fundraise Up platform.

Response from Fundraise Up

Thanks for your review and kind words! Yes, some parts of the checkout we need to "lock down" to protect conversion rates for User/Donor Experience. For example, we need to make sure there is proper color contrast to maintain our WCAG AA 2.1 accessibility rating. While our roadmap will allow for more customizations, some things will always be guided and "locked" based on experiments with our data for what raises the most revenue. Thank you again!

Jamie

Best Online Giving Setup

I can't say enough good things about FundraiseUp and now we are excited that they have developed an integration with a database we are currently moving to and so our online giving will be synced with our CRM.

Pros

What I liked most was that it is a one-stop shop for all credit cards, PayPal, ApplePay, GooglePay, bank transfers and so forth. I had been looking for this kind of setup for a long time and could not find it anywhere. I also liked how it has no monthly fee; it only takes a percentage of each transaction. We found FundraiseUp easy to use, the customer support is fantastic and they are constantly refining it and adding new features, such as employer matching.

Cons

The only negative is that the transaction fee is a bit steep, but this is made up for by allowing donors to cover the transaction fee. We have found that at least 80% do this, thus making FundraiseUp extremely affordable.

Reasons for choosing Fundraise Up

GiveWP was hard to understand and set up and we needed our website expert to help with it. I seem to remember that it also required a set annual fee. And it didn't take all the credit cards, PayPal and ApplePay that FundraiseUp does.

Classy

Reasons for switching to Fundraise Up

FundraiseUp did not require a monthly fee and offered much more functionality in terms of a one-stop shop for all credit cards, PayPal, ApplePay, GooglePay and so on, with very little friction in terms of the information required for the donor to enter.

Response from Fundraise Up

Thank you so much for your honest feedback. We'll keep working to make online giving easier, and adding new features that increase revenue for your mission (part of why we have a platform transaction fee instead of fixed fees -- keeps us moving and innovating!)

Replied February 2020

Ryan

Best fundraising software for nonprofits - period!

One word: iconic.

Pros

Fundraise Up is extremely versatile and can be used in a VARIETY of use cases. With elements, you can essentially utilize MANY engaging fundraising tactics from one easy to use dashboard. If you're looking for a platform - look no further. Fundraise Up is the absolute best - especially since there are no monthly fees!

Cons

Perhaps a native integration with Mailchimp so that emails can be sent/tracked from/to Mailchimp would be incredible. We also use Bloomerang as our CRM - which easily integrates with Fundraise Up. The routine issue has just been trying to log our emails automatically from Mailchimp to our audience, and then back to Bloomerang.

Reasons for switching to Fundraise Up

Classy lags TREMENDOUSLY behind other fundraising suites (esp. Fundraise Up!) and is PRICEY for virtually no reason at all. It used to be the #1 fundraising platform but has quickly fallen short technology-wise. This shows it was only ever #1 because they had a significant market share and good marketing strategies. Certainly not worth being locked into a contract.

Response from Fundraise Up

Ryan! So happy to read that you and the dream:success team are enjoying the versatility of the platform. Thanks for the opportunity to partner with you. Nic

Replied January 2021

Alexa

Just What We Needed!

We were transitioning from a platform we loved but was too expensive and it was a seamless transition. The team was attentive and ensured we were knowledgable on all the capabilities of the platform. We've seen a tremendous increase in donations using this tool and with the added features like tributes, company match, etc. those make donors return as well.

Pros

The dashboard is the most user-friendly and I REALLY like the machine learning capabilities which helps us with higher conversion on donations. I also love the company match program which has helped increase our matched donations.

Cons

I wish there was a bit more detail in the dashboard when you select a certain time frame - being able to see details on daily donations up front would be helpful.

Reasons for choosing Fundraise Up

Felt like I received individualized attention, small but robust program and had what I needed without any excess bells and whistles.

Reasons for switching to Fundraise Up

Looking to reduce our annual payments and more user friendly reporting.

Response from Fundraise Up

Thank you, Alex! "Tremendous increase in donations" is what gets us excited every day. Thank you so much for your comments! We have advanced reporting coming out in the next year which will give you SO MUCH more insight and detail.

Replied April 2020

Vanessa

Fundraise Up Delivers

I was a bit skeptical that Fundraise Up would be able to deliver the bang for the buck they promised. Well, they over delivered. We saw an immediate increase in donations. Our donors love the platform. I love it because it helps us tell the story, not just make asks. The team at Fundraise Up was there for us right from the start, carefully listening and giving us exactly what we need. Months later, we still get that "first date" experience. They hold our hand whenever we need it and turn around new work quickly.

Pros

The interface is stellar and the customer service is second to none. I love how easy it is to onboard and we never feel lost - 1 phone call is all it takes when we need assistance.

Cons

There is nothing not to love about Fundraise up software. It's a great platform, with a great team standing behind it.

Reasons for choosing Fundraise Up

I liked what I saw, but I also really appreciated the process while we were considering. I never felt like I was "sold" a product. I knew that Fundraise Up was interested in a mutually beneficial relationship. You wanted to get me to my goals, and make it easy for me. That's just how it's been. You care about my organizations success and our experience working with you. It's wonderful, personal, efficient, and effective.

Reasons for switching to Fundraise Up

We saw another non-profit make the switch and it was WOW, that looks great. We asked who did their donor page and the rest is history. We just wanted something that had a great donor interface and looked top tier.

Response from Fundraise Up

We hear the "skeptical" thing a lot -- so glad we were able to not only deliver, but over-deliver for you. We'll keep doing our best, because we know you are doing your best to do great things for this world. THANK *YOU*

Outstanding online giving platform

Pros

When we first became aware of Fundraise Up, we were really interested in the simplified, responsive integrated online giving aspects, and thought it would alleviate us from having to maintain online giving forms. Oh, but it is so much more. What a powerful platform that simplifies everything into one simple flow for donors, with tons of features and flexibility on the back-end. And the customer service is fantastic. We love Fundraise Up!

Cons

The fees are steep, but you get what you pay for. We love the simple method of encouraging donors to contribute the fee also, and their data indicates that 90%+ of donors will also cover the fees. Since some of the integrations with 3rd party CRMs are relatively new, there are opportunities to fine-tune custom fields, communication preferences, etc. between Fundraise Up and our CRM, but right out of the box, this solution's positives outweigh the minor potential opportunities significantly.

Reasons for choosing Fundraise Up

We feel like we made the best decision for our needs and we're thrilled with the platform. Keep up the great work!

Reasons for switching to Fundraise Up

Our prior platform was antiquated and manual, and Fundraise Up provides so many features it is well worth the additional processing fees.

Response from Fundraise Up

Thanks for your comments, James! We're very glad to be working with your organization. Please keep in mind that, unlike any other platform, have no monthly or annual fees and no contract lock-in. With our goal-aligned pricing, which is actually lower than most other transaction-based pricing models, we actually are a much lower cost to the organization.

Replied April 2020

Aurelia

Perfect donor software

Pros

Very easy interface to set up and operate. The software is the best that I found after trialing and researching several other Fundraising platforms on the market. Fundraise Up is the answer to raising the max amount of funds from all generations - I no longer feel like I am going to risk losing a donor because of long, outdated forms that want so much information in order to give money. The millennials and gen z will feel engaged because of the capabilities to also use Google and Apple Pay. There is literally no one left behind in the design of this software. I am very happy with this company and will be recommending you for years to come.

Cons

Not having the ability to build a campaign page that doesn't have to be built and hosted on my own website.

Reasons for switching to Fundraise Up

DonorPerfect had very long sign up forms, which were outdated and would risk losing prospective donors. Outdated website interface

Response from Fundraise Up

Thank you, Aurelia! We're thankful for your review. Note that our lack of campaign pages is intentional as campaign pages that send donors off your website tend to not perform as well as a campaign page on your website. We want the donor to see *your* organization and mission -- not an external page. The data supports that it's good for fundraising outcomes. All that said, we completely understand that having a whole page done for you would be make things much faster. We hope our Elements features (more coming soon) will help make this even better.

Replied August 2020

Diane

Helps us devote more time to our programs

Fundraise Up gives our donors a wealth of giving options (Stripe, PayPal, Google Pay, Apple Pay, etc.) that we could never have supported previously with our small staff. And the integration into our website has improved online giving because it's front-and-center (and not in an obnoxious way!) and easy to use. A few of our donors have a recurring complaint that the fees seem higher, but we have better messaging now about what the fees do in terms of what the fees cover and that they allow us to devote more time to our programs. Thank you Fundraise Up!!

Pros

With it's automated integration to our CRM, and easy integration into our website, we are able to save time on data entry and spend it instead on communicating with our donors. The integration was quick and Fundraise Up support staff made it simple. There are some features that would make Fundraise Up easier to tailor and integrate into our specific need, but in the short time we've used it, we've enjoyed several product upgrades, and we've found Fundraise Up people to be great listeners!

Cons

Fundraise Up is really easy-to-use. Graphics was sort of a trial-and-error process, but Fundraise Up has improved its user-friendliness there. Would like more types of reporting available (but export, to work Excel, is comprehensive) so I could more easily sync minor system details with my CRM that do not work the way I had hoped. As far as integration with our existing business processes (such as backend financial reconciliations), we have more detail work to do, but with Fundraise Up, the detail is possible. Other solutions we've seen don't allow that at all.

Reasons for choosing Fundraise Up

It interfaced with our CRM (Bloomerang). In fact, that's how we heard about it and were pretty much sold as soon as we watched a demo!

Reasons for switching to Fundraise Up

More giving options, and better online experience (which is also MUCH easier for us to set up and keep fresh).

Response from Fundraise Up

Diane, thank you for your review! Our plan is to start from "great" and continue to "awesome"... thank you for being around to witness the evolution and growth of the platform. :)

Shannon

Our experience with Fundraise Up has been wonderful!

We migrated to FundraiseUp from a huge all-in-one system that was giving us problems. As a small, two-person development team without a coder on staff, we weren't able to manually customize our old forms and they just felt archaic. With Fundraise Up, their entire system is customizable and easy to use by the layperson. We just went through our first #GivingTuesday with FundraiseUp and increased our online revenue by 72%. I'd love to believe this is because of my hard work and expertise, but I've got to give lots of credit to the platform!

Pros

There are so many things we love about Fundraise Up, it will be hard to list them all here. I love the customizable URLs, the ease of use, the data-driven suggested donation amounts, and the ability to customize. Setup was *extremely* easy and it's simple to duplicate campaigns. The help desk is always quick to respond and really helpful.

Cons

I can't think of much that we don't like about Fundraise Up. We've encountered a couple of challenges along the way, but their folks have been tremendously helpful.

Reasons for switching to Fundraise Up

We were paying too much for our old system and weren't utilizing it fully. Plus, we loved the modern look of Fundraise Up's forms, as compared to our old forms.

Response from Fundraise Up

Thank you for your review! Much appreciated. For the big bump in Giving Tuesday numbers, we can split the credit. ;) You're organization is amazing and what you do for the animals on NYC is amazing. Thank you!

Replied December 2019

Amanda

Industry: Museums and Institutions

It hasn't been long but it's been great

So far I've had a great experience. The staff were incredibly friendly and quick to answer questions. I especially love the user experience and I think the easier donations can be made the more donations we'll recieve.

Pros

We just launched our first campaign with this software and so far I love the ease at which users can make donations. So far we've seen an increase in donations simply because donors can easily use paypal or apple pay to make gifts. What helped make the switch was the easy integration with our current CRM (Bloomerang).

Cons

Not everything syncs with the CRM so there is still some manual entry to be done on my part and the emails don't easily open the transaction in our CRM ( like our old forms did) so it just makes the back end work a little more cumbersome.

Bloomerang

Reasons for switching to Fundraise Up

We still use Bloomerang as our CRM we just stoped using their donation forms as they were not very aesthetically pleasing or user friendly.

Response from Fundraise Up

Thanks for the feedback, Amanda! Did you know that we push a link to the Donation Notes in Bloomerang that takes you to the donation in FRU, and a link in FRU at the bottom of each donation that takes you to the donation in Bloomerang? Give it a whirl - and let us know if you'd like to walk through it together. Thx!

Fundraise Up