All Fundraise Up Reviews

Nic

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2020

Incredible turnkey fundraising software for any organziation

I've had a stellar experience with the Fundraise Up product and team. The software is robust, intuitive, and the perfect fit for any online donation workflow, and the Fundraise Up team is responsive, encouraging, and truly dedicated to ensuring their customers get the most out of the platform.

PROS

The primary selling point for Fundraise Up is that it provides an optimized donor checkout experience, and they nail this. But the optimization doesn't stop at checkout. For platform admins, navigating Fundraise Up's dashboard is a breeze and requires little to no onboarding education. This is huge for small teams that don't have dedicated IT support and still a bonus for large organizations because the intuitive user experience saves time and staves-off frustration. You can literally get up and running with Fundraise Up in minutes and feel confident about navigating transactions, payment processors, and other records from the start. I have yet to find these qualities in another piece of online fundraising software.

CONS

My first thought when creating an initial checkout experience with Fundraise Up was that I wanted more customization with design elements and colors so I could better match the experience to my client's branding. Here's a huge selling point for Fundraise Up: they have incredible support for their product. I emailed my contact at the company and they shared their development roadmap with me and it includes EXACTLY what I want to accomplish with customization, and it's launching soon. So even though what I want isn't available just yet, I appreciate the fast-paced development schedule for Fundraise Up and am excited to try new features as they become available.

Reason for choosing Fundraise Up

I've browsed, demoed, and onboarded more online giving platforms than I'd like, and that's mostly because I find myself having to switch platforms from time to time because they stop meeting my expectations. Fundraise Up is different because it scales and evolves to meet any use case I throw at it. And because it has native integrations with key platforms like Zapier, there are limitless possibilities for how I leverage the Fundraise Up platform.

Thanks for your review and kind words! Yes, some parts of the checkout we need to "lock down" to protect conversion rates for User/Donor Experience. For example, we need to make sure there is proper color contrast to maintain our WCAG AA 2.1 accessibility rating. While our roadmap will allow for more customizations, some things will always be guided and "locked" based on experiments with our data for what raises the most revenue. Thank you again!

Replied March 2020

Max

Excellent Fundraising Platform!

Overall I/our organization has had a great experience.

PROS

It's incredibly easy to use and I really like that you can create and run different campaigns at the same time. I also really like the way it automatically gives you suggestions for amounts as well as suggests the option to become a monthly donor. The system makes it easy to customize with ready-made card/templates and it's very streamlined. I also really like their incentive-based fee structure and the fact that there is no monthly or annual fee and Fundraise Up only makes money if you do! Overall it's a great fundraising platform with $0 overhead and I highly recommend it!

CONS

There's no option to include VIDEO! This is a huge minus and the main reason I didn't give 5 stars. Also, the amount of text you can add with a picture is very limited. It would be WAY better if there was a MUCH higher character/word count to be able to effectively communicate everything you/your organization would like to to potential donors.

Reason for choosing Fundraise Up

The fact that there is no monthly/annual fees and no overhead.

Hi Max! Thanks for sharing your review of Fundraise Up. I'm really happy to see that you're pleased with the AI and machine learning capabilities of the platform. Our goals are aligned with yours and I'm excited to see how we can help Rhythmic Mind grow this year. I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts on including video. Here's a great study by NextAfter on the conversion impact of video on a donation page. It addresses some of our concerns with implementing a feature that might reduce donations for your nonprofit: https://bit.ly/38zN92a Thanks for the opportunity to partner with you and your team! Nic

Replied January 2021

liz

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed July 2020

pricey but easy

PROS

People find it easy to use and it has an attractive and simple design

CONS

People are put off by the expense. I have had people email me and say they don't want to donate online because of the cost. As a small non-profit, we previously used a free software that was not as simple or visual, but avoided hefty fees.

A friend recommended it.

Thank you for your review, Liz! As you likely are aware, we are 100% performance-based pricing. We don't earn unless you do. Taking a look at your account we see over 85% of donations have all fees (ours and credit card) covered, meaning it's paid for itself *and* most of your credit card fees (which otherwise would have been out-of-pocket). Best-in-class tech can cost a bit more, but *must* pull its weight, which we hope we are doing for your organization. Tip: Be sure to make the "cover fees" optional if you have a sensitive donor base! :)

Replied July 2020

Jamie

Reviewed February 2020

Best Online Giving Setup

I can't say enough good things about FundraiseUp and now we are excited that they have developed an integration with a database we are currently moving to and so our online giving will be synced with our CRM.

PROS

What I liked most was that it is a one-stop shop for all credit cards, PayPal, ApplePay, GooglePay, bank transfers and so forth. I had been looking for this kind of setup for a long time and could not find it anywhere. I also liked how it has no monthly fee; it only takes a percentage of each transaction. We found FundraiseUp easy to use, the customer support is fantastic and they are constantly refining it and adding new features, such as employer matching.

CONS

The only negative is that the transaction fee is a bit steep, but this is made up for by allowing donors to cover the transaction fee. We have found that at least 80% do this, thus making FundraiseUp extremely affordable.

Reason for choosing Fundraise Up

GiveWP was hard to understand and set up and we needed our website expert to help with it. I seem to remember that it also required a set annual fee. And it didn't take all the credit cards, PayPal and ApplePay that FundraiseUp does.

Reasons for switching to Fundraise Up

FundraiseUp did not require a monthly fee and offered much more functionality in terms of a one-stop shop for all credit cards, PayPal, ApplePay, GooglePay and so on, with very little friction in terms of the information required for the donor to enter.

Thank you so much for your honest feedback. We'll keep working to make online giving easier, and adding new features that increase revenue for your mission (part of why we have a platform transaction fee instead of fixed fees -- keeps us moving and innovating!)

Replied February 2020

Dawn

Reviewed May 2021

Fundraise Up was a great move for our nonprofit!

It's been a really great experience and our donors are loving it, too. The customer service is incredible! After years of dealing with Network for Good's robotic and impersonal customer service, FundraiseUp is like a dream! Our contact at FundraiseUp [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a ROCK STAR and is always willing to jump on a call or Zoom meeting, answers all my questions quickly and with great detail, and is just really wonderful to work with. She makes MY job easier, and that is HUGE in a nonprofit where I wear a lot of different hats. I highly recommend FundraiseUp!

PROS

After relying on Network for Good for years for our growing organization, we needed something that integrated with our donation database, was easy to use, had auto-receipts that we could customize, had an e-card option for donations, and was more user-friendly to our donors. It's also great that it has a Peer to Peer option as well. So many fun ways to make this software work for us! Fundraise Up has been a great answer to all of our needs and has been so easy to use!

CONS

So far the only thing we have come across software-wise is not being able to ask any custom questions for Peer-to-Peer Fundraising. The only other issue was that Network for Good would NOT allow us to migrate our monthly donors over, so we had to ask monthly donors to cancel and then move over to FundraiseUp manually, but that is Network for Good's fault, not Fundraise Up!

Reason for choosing Fundraise Up

Integrates really well with everything we do! Love it!

Reasons for switching to Fundraise Up

Lack of control with branding, clunky user interface, lack of customization with forms, emails, receipts, etc, and poor customer service.

Dawn, it's a pleasure for us to serve you and Young at Heart Senior Pet Adoptions. You can look forward to many years of excellent customer service from your Success Engineer!

Replied May 2021

Ryan

Reviewed January 2021

Best fundraising software for nonprofits - period!

One word: iconic.

PROS

Fundraise Up is extremely versatile and can be used in a VARIETY of use cases. With elements, you can essentially utilize MANY engaging fundraising tactics from one easy to use dashboard. If you're looking for a platform - look no further. Fundraise Up is the absolute best - especially since there are no monthly fees!

CONS

Perhaps a native integration with Mailchimp so that emails can be sent/tracked from/to Mailchimp would be incredible. We also use Bloomerang as our CRM - which easily integrates with Fundraise Up. The routine issue has just been trying to log our emails automatically from Mailchimp to our audience, and then back to Bloomerang.

Reasons for switching to Fundraise Up

Classy lags TREMENDOUSLY behind other fundraising suites (esp. Fundraise Up!) and is PRICEY for virtually no reason at all. It used to be the #1 fundraising platform but has quickly fallen short technology-wise. This shows it was only ever #1 because they had a significant market share and good marketing strategies. Certainly not worth being locked into a contract.

Ryan! So happy to read that you and the dream:success team are enjoying the versatility of the platform. Thanks for the opportunity to partner with you. Nic

Replied January 2021

Alexa

Just What We Needed!

We were transitioning from a platform we loved but was too expensive and it was a seamless transition. The team was attentive and ensured we were knowledgable on all the capabilities of the platform. We've seen a tremendous increase in donations using this tool and with the added features like tributes, company match, etc. those make donors return as well.

PROS

The dashboard is the most user-friendly and I REALLY like the machine learning capabilities which helps us with higher conversion on donations. I also love the company match program which has helped increase our matched donations.

CONS

I wish there was a bit more detail in the dashboard when you select a certain time frame - being able to see details on daily donations up front would be helpful.

Reason for choosing Fundraise Up

Felt like I received individualized attention, small but robust program and had what I needed without any excess bells and whistles.

Reasons for switching to Fundraise Up

Looking to reduce our annual payments and more user friendly reporting.

Thank you, Alex! "Tremendous increase in donations" is what gets us excited every day. Thank you so much for your comments! We have advanced reporting coming out in the next year which will give you SO MUCH more insight and detail.

Outstanding online giving platform

PROS

When we first became aware of Fundraise Up, we were really interested in the simplified, responsive integrated online giving aspects, and thought it would alleviate us from having to maintain online giving forms. Oh, but it is so much more. What a powerful platform that simplifies everything into one simple flow for donors, with tons of features and flexibility on the back-end. And the customer service is fantastic. We love Fundraise Up!

CONS

The fees are steep, but you get what you pay for. We love the simple method of encouraging donors to contribute the fee also, and their data indicates that 90%+ of donors will also cover the fees. Since some of the integrations with 3rd party CRMs are relatively new, there are opportunities to fine-tune custom fields, communication preferences, etc. between Fundraise Up and our CRM, but right out of the box, this solution's positives outweigh the minor potential opportunities significantly.

Reason for choosing Fundraise Up

We feel like we made the best decision for our needs and we're thrilled with the platform. Keep up the great work!

Reasons for switching to Fundraise Up

Our prior platform was antiquated and manual, and Fundraise Up provides so many features it is well worth the additional processing fees.

Thanks for your comments, James! We're very glad to be working with your organization. Please keep in mind that, unlike any other platform, have no monthly or annual fees and no contract lock-in. With our goal-aligned pricing, which is actually lower than most other transaction-based pricing models, we actually are a much lower cost to the organization.

Aurelia

Reviewed August 2020

Perfect donor software

PROS

Very easy interface to set up and operate. The software is the best that I found after trialing and researching several other Fundraising platforms on the market. Fundraise Up is the answer to raising the max amount of funds from all generations - I no longer feel like I am going to risk losing a donor because of long, outdated forms that want so much information in order to give money. The millennials and gen z will feel engaged because of the capabilities to also use Google and Apple Pay. There is literally no one left behind in the design of this software. I am very happy with this company and will be recommending you for years to come.

CONS

Not having the ability to build a campaign page that doesn't have to be built and hosted on my own website.

Reasons for switching to Fundraise Up

DonorPerfect had very long sign up forms, which were outdated and would risk losing prospective donors. Outdated website interface

Thank you, Aurelia! We're thankful for your review. Note that our lack of campaign pages is intentional as campaign pages that send donors off your website tend to not perform as well as a campaign page on your website. We want the donor to see *your* organization and mission -- not an external page. The data supports that it's good for fundraising outcomes. All that said, we completely understand that having a whole page done for you would be make things much faster. We hope our Elements features (more coming soon) will help make this even better.

Replied August 2020

Juanita

Reviewed May 2022

Look no further than Fundraise Up

Overall, I would recommend Fundraise Up to any and all nonprofits. Our donors love how easy it is to use and how nice the donation forms look.

PROS

What I like the most about Fundraise Up is the ease of use. The insights page that opens up as soon as you login in is great and lets you know how your donations are looking for that month. Creating campaigns and implementing their elements to your website is easy. They have goal meters, buttons, overlays, and lists for you to choose from! Did I mention the customer service? When the nonprofit that I work for was looking for a new donation platform, we were connected with Salvatore and he made us feel so comfortable and helped us every step of the way!

CONS

I don't have anything negative to say about Fundraise Up

Reasons for switching to Fundraise Up

We still have Bloomerang as our donation CRM but we found that their donation forms were outdated and not the most user-friendly. We looked around and were told about Fundraise Up so after meeting with them, we knew we had to make the change. It's great that Fundraise Up integrates with Bloomerang because now we have a powerhouse of donor and donation management.

Allison

Awesome product!

PROS

We have used several other platforms yet we never found one that we were completely satisfied with. The functionality and ease of use on the backside and the consumer side is great.

CONS

It is a tad more complicated to integrate into our current website than we anticipated but the helpdesk and instructions are very helpful.

Reason for choosing Fundraise Up

We chose this option because of it's affordability and lack of a monthly fee or contract.

Reasons for switching to Fundraise Up

We were looking for the capability to provide a more professional and customized experience for our donors.

Thank you! We're glad to be working with your nonprofit.

Abby

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2020

FundraiseUp makes taking donations seamless

It just makes taking donations on our website seamless and user friendly.

PROS

I love the donor interface that allows people to choose one-time gifts or monthly. I also love that people are reminded if they do not complete a donation, to ensure maximum ROI.

CONS

I can't find any yet. SUPER excited that P2P is coming!!

Reasons for switching to Fundraise Up

Because we wanted more functionality and an easier user experience.

Thank you for your review Abby -- your organizations mission is something we need, and the new movie released is fantastic. We all watched it and were moved. We love what we do here supporting your mission.

Replied September 2020

Katie

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Ease of using Fundraise Up

PROS

I am impressed with the ease of using this software compared to what our organization was previously using. I am still getting the hang of this new software, but I can already tell that using Fundraise Up will make my job easier!

CONS

I am still very new to this software. So far I have no complaints.

Reasons for switching to Fundraise Up

Too expensive. Lacking in customer service.

We're so glad to have you all with us -- thank you for your feedback! Now to decide what to do with your extra time saved... :)

Replied August 2020

Allen

Reviewed June 2021

I was dubious at first, but I am now a big supporter

We have benefited financially from incorporating Fundraise Up into our website. We were able to remove a clunky donation page (CRM provided) with their software providing an easy to use way for donors to open their wallets.

PROS

The product is quite easy to use, the support is fast to reply and work with you when there is a challenge, setup was easy, the elements you can place on your website are very clever (and quite customizable), integration with our CRM package, increased donations that I believe are due to the donation environment created using Fundraise Up.

CONS

Apple Pay setup (not really the software's fault), could use more formatting flexibility in text creation (like Bold, Italics, other text formatting features), it took a little while to understand the language of the software; unfamiliar terms like Social Proof, Elements, etc.

Hi Allen, Thank you for selecting Fundraise Up as your donation platform of choice. It's a pleasure to serve your nonprofit, and I'm glad to read that you're seeing meaningful financial benefits. Looking forward to seeing how your organization grows! - Nic

Replied June 2021

Dennis

Reviewed January 2021

Fundraise Up brought back the "fun" in fundraising!

Fundraise Up has really added fresh fuel to our fundraising efforts. Pandemic or no pandemic, our organization cares for more than 600 orphans around the world. FRU has certainly played a role in achieving our goal of "not one child missing a single meal" thus far.

PROS

I was a bit skeptical at first because the platform promised so much. Can they really deliver? Then, during a major fundraising webinar (that I signed up for months before I even heard about Fundraise Up) I realized that my favorite speaker of the entire event turns out to be our onboarding expert! Go figure! Fundraise Up transformed our fundraising efforts. Love the recurring giving option. This fundraising platform does deliver on what it promises, and then some. FRU's expertise, ease of use, exemplary customer care, and seamless integration with our CRM make this platform a powerful tool to the success of our mission.

CONS

If I did have a wish list it would include: Text-to-Give option and ability to add FRU donate button to a video.

Reason for choosing Fundraise Up

1. Functionality 2. Very affordable financially 3. No commitment/subscription 4. Salvatore

Dennis! It's great to hear that you're having a positive experience with the platform. And I'm glad to hear you're working with Salhe's great and you're in good hands with him. Thanks for the opportunity to partner with you and Global Celebration!

Replied February 2021

Sara

Reviewed December 2020

A good but expensive choice

PROS

FundraiseUp has made our donation platform much for appealing for donors, has been more likely to get us monthly donors, and the admin and reporting has been very easy to unpack.

CONS

The fees are a tough thing to get over. As a small nonprofit, it doesn't feel good to see your donors' dollars going to pay for the service of fundraising instead of your programs. Most of our donors pay the fees, which is great! But it's double the amount they were paying on our integrated platform. Obviously, the service and product is great and costs money -- just saying it's hard to see money, whether we pay it or donors pay it, going to a third party. It's one of those pay-to-play decisions as competition is fierce.

Hi Sara, thanks for sharing your feedback. I want to make sure you always have a great experience with us, and I'm seeing that there's an opportunity to get Stripe's nonprofit discount for 10 Thousand Windows. I'll have your Success Engineer connect with you to get that in place :) We're here to help your organization grow, which is why the small platform fee is the only cost to use Fundraise Up. I'm happy to see that almost all of your donors are furthering their support by covering that fee. P.S. Looking forward to see your monthly donor program continue to grow! Nic

Replied December 2020

Arnie

Reviewed May 2020

They are the greatest to work with!

It has been so easy and complete, when we need help they are all over it and it is done!

PROS

It is like adding a development team on our website, and our donations amount has increased each month.

CONS

At the very beginning we needed some features to work with our donor software and they made it happen.

Reason for choosing Fundraise Up

Fundriase up was recommended by our donor software Bloomerang.

Reasons for switching to Fundraise Up

it was always difficult to get help, the person we were assigned to always talked down to us like we were stupid.

Thank you, Arnie! Yes, we like to think of ourselves as an extended part of your team -- fully focused on optimizing your online donor experience, 24/7. Thank you for being part of our FunFam!

Replied July 2020