• Pros

• "We have used several other platforms yet we never found one that we were completely satisfied with. The functionality and ease of use on the backside and the consumer side is great. "

• "The emphasis on a monthly giving option is perfect for our nonprofit's focus. Looks great and easy to use."

• "The most impactful feature is the giving portal. It does not require a login (no backend maintenance for us to manage for our donors) and is simple and intuitive for our donors."

• Cons

• "It is a tad more complicated to integrate into our current website than we anticipated but the helpdesk and instructions are very helpful. "

• "would be nice if they would integrate with donor perfect crm"

• "The integration could've been a challenging task but the support team did an outstanding job with walking me through it, which provided a full understanding of how it works. "

Browse Fundraise Up Reviews

Cäcille from OutRight Action International

The best donation software and support teams out there – with fabulous leadership. ;)

Overall I was suspicious but optimistic. I'm so glad that Maria, on a whim, decided to go with this platform, even if it put a lot of pressure on me to figure it out at the time.

Pros

I love the ease of use and the adaptability it has. We've been able to increase the revenue of our crowdsourcing campaigns, as well as our general fundraising.

Cons

Um.. nothing?! The only thing really is lack of integration with our database, but that's not their fault whatsoever.

Reasons for Choosing Fundraise Up

We still use that product, but mostly for event registration or any online event donations that we get mailed in, to make campaign organzation easier on us (me).

Response from Fundraise Up

Replied March 2020

Thank you for your kind comments! We love working with your organization. We do have more CRM integrations on our roadmap, so stick with us! :)

Ashley from Rebuilding Together Miami-Dade

We have tried many platforms and FundraiseUp is the absolute best!

We are very happy with FundraiseUp! I cannot say enough great things about the software itself as well as the customer service. We have used other platforms in the past and whenever we encountered an issue we had a nearly impossible time reaching someone for help. With FundraiseUp, we hear from someone almost immediately. It is visually stunning, other nonprofits have actually reached out to us to inquire when they visit our landing page. There are so many awesome features but we especially love the wide variety of payment options--it's awesome to have Paypal and Apple Pay in the form, especially for donors who tend to make the majority of their donations from their phone. Altogether we are very happy with FundraiseUp!

Pros

User friendly (for administrator and users), many payment types accepted, visually attractive design, multiple logins for team members, useful reporting features, wide range of integrations,

Cons

When we first joined, FundraiseUp was a brand new start up. They were still working on getting integrations set up so we did not immediately have access to some of the features we were used to with our previous platform. As the company has grown, that issue has seemed to resolve itself. They are constantly adding new features and asking for critical feedback from users in what appears to be an effort to bridge this gap.

Reasons for Choosing Fundraise Up

I saw FundraiseUp's donation form on another nonprofit's page and actually reached out to them to inquire about the platform. After hearing nothing but amazing feedback from their team, I reached out to FundraiseUp to request a demo. After e-meeting their team and learning about all the features, I was sold! We made the switch that day and haven't looked back.

Response from Fundraise Up

Replied February 2020

Thank you for your feedback! And for jumping on board when we were just getting started. Thrilled to have you with us on this journey.

Marc from UNICEF USA

You da bestest!

Very happy with the platform. It was easy to implement and is easy to use. Sal and team have been absolutely fantastic and very responsive even with some "interesting" requests sent by my org.

Pros

The first thing I noticed and really enjoyed was the speed. Once we got further into the testing process, I realized how easy it was to add a form to a page. It's honestly been a blast to use.

Cons

Nothing really jumps out at me but I do not deal much with the backend or financial integration so I can't speak on that.

Reasons for Choosing Fundraise Up

I wasn't one of the final voices in this decision but I did have some say. I remember going into it with a negative attitude needing to be wowed. The demo really moved FRU to the top of my list and I let the powers at be know. Once the testing began and we saw the increase it was full steam ahead. (Sadly that's still a very slow process in the org.)

Arnie from Water4Life Mozambique Inc.

They are the greatest to work with!

It has been so easy and complete, when we need help they are all over it and it is done!

Pros

It is like adding a development team on our website, and our donations amount has increased each month.

Cons

At the very beginning we needed some features to work with our donor software and they made it happen.

Reasons for Choosing Fundraise Up

Fundriase up was recommended by our donor software Bloomerang.

Alexa from Backpacks For LIfe

Just What We Needed!

We were transitioning from a platform we loved but was too expensive and it was a seamless transition. The team was attentive and ensured we were knowledgable on all the capabilities of the platform. We've seen a tremendous increase in donations using this tool and with the added features like tributes, company match, etc. those make donors return as well.

Pros

The dashboard is the most user-friendly and I REALLY like the machine learning capabilities which helps us with higher conversion on donations. I also love the company match program which has helped increase our matched donations.

Cons

I wish there was a bit more detail in the dashboard when you select a certain time frame - being able to see details on daily donations up front would be helpful.

Reasons for Choosing Fundraise Up

Felt like I received individualized attention, small but robust program and had what I needed without any excess bells and whistles.

Response from Fundraise Up

Replied April 2020

Thank you, Alex! "Tremendous increase in donations" is what gets us excited every day. Thank you so much for your comments! We have advanced reporting coming out in the next year which will give you SO MUCH more insight and detail.

Jamie from African Enterprise

Best Online Giving Setup

I can't say enough good things about FundraiseUp and now we are excited that they have developed an integration with a database we are currently moving to and so our online giving will be synced with our CRM.

Pros

What I liked most was that it is a one-stop shop for all credit cards, PayPal, ApplePay, GooglePay, bank transfers and so forth. I had been looking for this kind of setup for a long time and could not find it anywhere. I also liked how it has no monthly fee; it only takes a percentage of each transaction. We found FundraiseUp easy to use, the customer support is fantastic and they are constantly refining it and adding new features, such as employer matching.

Cons

The only negative is that the transaction fee is a bit steep, but this is made up for by allowing donors to cover the transaction fee. We have found that at least 80% do this, thus making FundraiseUp extremely affordable.

Reasons for Choosing Fundraise Up

GiveWP was hard to understand and set up and we needed our website expert to help with it. I seem to remember that it also required a set annual fee. And it didn't take all the credit cards, PayPal and ApplePay that FundraiseUp does.

Response from Fundraise Up

Replied February 2020

Thank you so much for your honest feedback. We'll keep working to make online giving easier, and adding new features that increase revenue for your mission (part of why we have a platform transaction fee instead of fixed fees -- keeps us moving and innovating!)

James from Desire Street Ministries

Outstanding online giving platform

Pros

When we first became aware of Fundraise Up, we were really interested in the simplified, responsive integrated online giving aspects, and thought it would alleviate us from having to maintain online giving forms. Oh, but it is so much more. What a powerful platform that simplifies everything into one simple flow for donors, with tons of features and flexibility on the back-end. And the customer service is fantastic. We love Fundraise Up!

Cons

The fees are steep, but you get what you pay for. We love the simple method of encouraging donors to contribute the fee also, and their data indicates that 90%+ of donors will also cover the fees. Since some of the integrations with 3rd party CRMs are relatively new, there are opportunities to fine-tune custom fields, communication preferences, etc. between Fundraise Up and our CRM, but right out of the box, this solution's positives outweigh the minor potential opportunities significantly.

Reasons for Choosing Fundraise Up

We feel like we made the best decision for our needs and we're thrilled with the platform. Keep up the great work!

Response from Fundraise Up

Replied April 2020

Thanks for your comments, James! We're very glad to be working with your organization. Please keep in mind that, unlike any other platform, have no monthly or annual fees and no contract lock-in. With our goal-aligned pricing, which is actually lower than most other transaction-based pricing models, we actually are a much lower cost to the organization.

Leticia from International Community Foundation

The best decision we've ever made!

Pros

Very easy to use, easy to install and friendly to manage. It's the most effective online donation platform that we ever used! And also they have the best customer service!!

Cons

That is in English :( we work with a lot of Spanish speakers.

Reasons for Choosing Fundraise Up

Because we are a complex nonprofit and none of them were giving us what we needed. FundraiseUp gave us solutions instead of problems!!

Response from Fundraise Up

Replied March 2020

Thank you, Leticia, for your comments! We do have plans to expand internationally over the coming year, adding more languages in the checkout process for donors. Stay tuned for updates on this!

Shannon from Animal Haven

Our experience with Fundraise Up has been wonderful!

We migrated to FundraiseUp from a huge all-in-one system that was giving us problems. As a small, two-person development team without a coder on staff, we weren't able to manually customize our old forms and they just felt archaic. With Fundraise Up, their entire system is customizable and easy to use by the layperson. We just went through our first #GivingTuesday with FundraiseUp and increased our online revenue by 72%. I'd love to believe this is because of my hard work and expertise, but I've got to give lots of credit to the platform!

Pros

There are so many things we love about Fundraise Up, it will be hard to list them all here. I love the customizable URLs, the ease of use, the data-driven suggested donation amounts, and the ability to customize. Setup was *extremely* easy and it's simple to duplicate campaigns. The help desk is always quick to respond and really helpful.

Cons

I can't think of much that we don't like about Fundraise Up. We've encountered a couple of challenges along the way, but their folks have been tremendously helpful.

Response from Fundraise Up

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your review! Much appreciated. For the big bump in Giving Tuesday numbers, we can split the credit. ;) You're organization is amazing and what you do for the animals on NYC is amazing. Thank you!

Nic from Pacific Union College

Incredible turnkey fundraising software for any organziation

I've had a stellar experience with the Fundraise Up product and team. The software is robust, intuitive, and the perfect fit for any online donation workflow, and the Fundraise Up team is responsive, encouraging, and truly dedicated to ensuring their customers get the most out of the platform.

Pros

The primary selling point for Fundraise Up is that it provides an optimized donor checkout experience, and they nail this. But the optimization doesn't stop at checkout. For platform admins, navigating Fundraise Up's dashboard is a breeze and requires little to no onboarding education. This is huge for small teams that don't have dedicated IT support and still a bonus for large organizations because the intuitive user experience saves time and staves-off frustration. You can literally get up and running with Fundraise Up in minutes and feel confident about navigating transactions, payment processors, and other records from the start. I have yet to find these qualities in another piece of online fundraising software.

Cons

My first thought when creating an initial checkout experience with Fundraise Up was that I wanted more customization with design elements and colors so I could better match the experience to my client's branding. Here's a huge selling point for Fundraise Up: they have incredible support for their product. I emailed my contact at the company and they shared their development roadmap with me and it includes EXACTLY what I want to accomplish with customization, and it's launching soon. So even though what I want isn't available just yet, I appreciate the fast-paced development schedule for Fundraise Up and am excited to try new features as they become available.

Reasons for Choosing Fundraise Up

I've browsed, demoed, and onboarded more online giving platforms than I'd like, and that's mostly because I find myself having to switch platforms from time to time because they stop meeting my expectations. Fundraise Up is different because it scales and evolves to meet any use case I throw at it. And because it has native integrations with key platforms like Zapier, there are limitless possibilities for how I leverage the Fundraise Up platform.

Response from Fundraise Up

Replied March 2020

Thanks for your review and kind words! Yes, some parts of the checkout we need to "lock down" to protect conversion rates for User/Donor Experience. For example, we need to make sure there is proper color contrast to maintain our WCAG AA 2.1 accessibility rating. While our roadmap will allow for more customizations, some things will always be guided and "locked" based on experiments with our data for what raises the most revenue. Thank you again!

Jaleith from Urban Alliance Inc

Favorite Addition

Overall, we supplemented a cold direct-mail appeal with this platform and were pleased.

Pros

I love the artificial intelligence and automation features. I also really like the UX for the admin and donors. It's highly customizable, sleek and can match any branding. I've had GREAT customer service from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and appreciate that he takes my feedback into consideration as they continue to develop the platform.

Cons

It does lack certain features that have kept me from eliminating my other CRM altogether: -pledges -native communication management -donor journals for non-transaction engagement -donor social media profile links -queries and custom report scheduling

Response from Fundraise Up

Replied April 2020

Thank you Jaleith for your feedbackwhich we love getting and we're flattered that you would want us to become a CRM! We are made to compliment a CRM - and the feature mentioned are typically CRM-features. But we've made the decision rather than go broad and become a CRM (when there are good ones out there) to focus on online giving and be the best possible giving solution and remain CRM-agnostic. This will allow us to go much deeper and add more revenue generating features for our customers.

Lyle from Mont Sinai Ministries Bayonnais, Inc

A Major Help and Improvement

Since switching to this platform our giving has increased fourfold and the number of donors covering the processing fee has gone up about 85%.

Pros

We had another option previously that cost much more and had less support

Cons

Nothing really. Might have more features, but I haven't looked to learn all it can do.

Reasons for Choosing Fundraise Up

Price, functionality, and ease of use

Response from Fundraise Up

Replied April 2020

Lyle - we're so happy to hear that your nonprofit has seen a huge increase in online giving! This is exactly what we set out to do every day. Thank you and we're here when you want to learn more about the features. :)

Mark from Parents Helping Parents Inc

Fundraise Up review

Pros

easy to implement. like the fact there is no subscription fee. many payment options like credit card, apple pay, pay pal and even bank etf. easy for end user to make donations. customizable ty letters to donors. url still shows my non profit name so no doubt to donor they are still on our site.

Cons

would be nice if they would integrate with donor perfect crm

Response from Fundraise Up

Replied April 2020

Thank you, Mark! We are in early stages of working with DonorPerfect. Hopefully we have something this year!

Heather from Novo Ministries

Simple layout and ease of use

Pros

Cons

There isn't an option to give monthly through PayPal but I think that is on PayPal's end. There is also a minimum giving level for donations through ACH but again, I don't know if that is because of Fundraise Up or not.

Response from Fundraise Up

Replied August 2019

Thank you for your review, Heather! Yes, monthly giving via PayPal is on the way. It's incredible complex but we are working on providing that option very soon! Regarding ACH minimums - we have research on this. :) Often, a small-amount donation via ACH ends up being abandoned as it's quite a "hassle" for the donor to confirm their micro-deposits for $10 donation. In order to avoid losing this donation, we steer them toward other instant-payment methods in the interest of the nonprofit organization. Hope this helps!

Barbara from Word Revolution

The best in its category.

I've used many platforms in the past and have yet to find something like FundraiseUp. What they do they do really well. Customer service is simply outstanding, the team is phenomenal and always willing to help. My clients have significantly increased in donations just by moving to FundraiseUp. Their widgets are phenomenal, easy to use and excellent at conversion. These guys have truly mastered it. I can not recommend them enough.

Pros

FundraiseUp is simply outstanding. They do one thing and they do it very well. They are masters at fundraising tools and I've seen many clients increase their fundraising significantly just by switching to FundraiseUp. Their UX is phenomenal and truly increases conversion.

Cons

It is an easy platform to use and converts well. I can't think of anything I don't like.

Reasons for Choosing Fundraise Up

It just works. It converts. It's easy to use and looks amazing.

Allison from Wings of Hope Equitherapy

Awesome product!

Reasons for Choosing Fundraise Up

We chose this option because of it's affordability and lack of a monthly fee or contract.

Response from Fundraise Up

Replied April 2020

Thank you! We're glad to be working with your nonprofit.

Steve from Two Medicine Dinosaur Center

FundraiseUp make web based fundraising a breeze

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] gave me a step by step walkthrough of the system. It was an excellent use of my time and got my fundraising up and running in no time. Any time I had questions about any of the integrations I got a quick response with a solution to issues or explanation to my questions.

Pros

Easy to setup on multiple CRMs. I got next day responses to questions I had. The inline donation

Cons

Not much to dislike - the setup was easy on multiple CRMs.

Reasons for Choosing Fundraise Up

It was initially to test the product. Once I dug in and integrated the platform into my system, I knew it was a winner.

Response from Fundraise Up

Replied April 2020

Thank you, Steve! Welcome to the FunFam. We're happy to be part of your website and nonprofit mission -- especially when it's dinosaur related!

Israel from Generosity.org

High Quality Platform

Pros

This software provides its users with easy accessible tools that allows the user to fully understand all the features within the software.

Robert from Orchard Group

A donor experience unlike any other.

Pros

Cons

We're still early on with Fundraise Up. So far, it has exceeded our expectations.

Response from Fundraise Up

Replied April 2020

So glad you're finding value in our Donor Portal. It took us some time to release this, but we only release our features when we feel we've absolutely nailed it. Thank you for allowing us to work with you all!

Esteban from Friends of Hope International, Inc.

Review for High-Conversion Online Donor Platform

excellent system overall

Pros

it implements all the different payment options into one source making it easier for donors

Cons

it does not feature amazon pay

n/a

Response from Fundraise Up

Replied March 2020

Thank you, Esteban! Rest assured we will stay on-top of the payment option trends. Currently, AmazonPay is not often used by non-Amazon platform (and therefore not supported) by Stripe, but when it is added by Stripe, we will add support for this for sure! Thanks again.

Nicole from Yoga Foster

Smart and seamless fundraising tool

We're using this to maximize donations on our website during the time of COVID-19. It's really helpful to have machine learning finding the right donation fit. We've seen a 4x increase of donations than usual – and that's during a global pandemic.

Pros

The front-end experience is, simply put, sexy. It's sleek and well-designed, as opposed to the clunky fundraising interfaces out there. I love how easy it is to customize the donation experience. You can easily have donation cards, or a fundraising ticker, or a button reminding people to donate pinned to your page. It doesn't sacrifice design for function.

Cons

Honestly, I haven't found a simple thing I dislike yet. I've only used it for a couple months ,and will report back if I find something

Response from Fundraise Up

Replied April 2020

Thank you, Nicole! Your comments are inspiring and so glad to see your organization taking advantage of our global epidemic to improve the technology you use. Welcome to the FunFam!

Brian from Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity

Best in class giving platform

Fundraise Up offers charities the advanced features available to major online retailers, like Amazon, Target, etc., that help drive higher conversion. It’s great to finally see these sophisticated tools available to our industry!

Pros

Incredible features, far beyond similar service offerings on the market.

Cons

There isn’t much negotiation available on their fee structure, but it is reasonable and helps pay for continued platform advancement and improvement.

Response from Fundraise Up

Replied April 2020

Thank you, Brian! This is exactly what we had set out to do -- provide "eCommerce-level" technology to nonprofits. Thank you for being part of the FunFam!

Kattie from MCPAWS Regional Animal Shelter

Great product! Time Saving and Easy to Use!

Pros

It was very easy to set up. I love the donation page options and we are already seeing an increase in monthly donors!

Cons

Everything has been great. We had to switch our credit card processor over to Stripe, which was the most complicated part of this, but that had more to do with other companies, not Fundraise Up.

Response from Fundraise Up

Replied April 2020

We LOVE when we hear monthly donors are increasing! This is common -- often we earn monthly donors 2-3x faster than traditional online giving platforms. Welcome!

Caroline from Moms in the Making

Our non profit LOVES Fundraise!

Pros

The customer service from the beginning was seamless. The software itself is customizable and easy to use for the end user.

Cons

So far I have not found anything about it that I did not like

Response from Fundraise Up

Replied April 2020

Fundraise Up LOVES your nonprofit! Thank you!

Mary Kate from RMMFI

Great Fundraising Option for Non-Profits

We use Fundraise Up to solicit donations at my non-profit. We had previously used a different option that took donors to a third-party page, and many people don't end up completing their gift. Having Fundraise Up right on the site has helped us increase our donations.

Pros

very quick and easy to set up, easy customization to make it match your website, makes the donation process simple, customer support is great

Cons

haven't found anything I don't like about it, yet

Response from Fundraise Up

Replied August 2019

Thank you so much for your review, Mary Kate! We're happy to help RMMFI wherever possible to increase online giving.