• Pros

• "I really liked the salespeople and the way thy helped you with anything you needed. This is the best customer support I've seen from all mobile bidding sites."

• "Easy for customers to use. Great support. Have suggested to other chapters to implement online bidding with Gesture for their events. "

• "It was very user friendly. The support staff were very helpful whenever I had a question. The onsite staff during the event were phenomenal and made such a difference at our event."

• Cons

• "While the sign making function is a big time saver, the printed signs were not as visually impactful as those we had previously designed. The formatting could be improved."

• "My only negative is the price for small nonprofits. If it were more affordable, I would use them again and again!"

• "While the current photo process is very simple, I would like to see an automatic pairing of photos with items when doing a mass upload of items into the system instead of adding each individually. "

Browse Gesture Reviews

Crystal from CP Event Design & Production

Gesture offers excellent professional software with outstanding customer service.

Pros

Gesture's software is user-friendly, fun to utilize and has a clean, professional look. I thoroughly appreciate Gesture's frequent software updates. They are continuously in search of even better ways to improve upon the customer experience, which they communicate through their Gesture Innovation Center emails. I believe that they value customer opinions and implement suggestions, accordingly. As an event planner, other companies often approach me, but none offer the experience Gesture has given my clients over the years. Our account manager, Allie Erickson is on top of our every need, patient, accessible, friendly and helpful. Our on-site manager is thoughtful, communicative, professional and kind. The Gesture team is trustworthy, diligent and fully dedicated to their customers. Every year, our attendees highly rate Gesture in our post-event survey. We have remained loyal to Gesture for many years and will continue for many more to come.

Cons

I would like to remain logged onto the system longer, but I understand that the system logs me off for security purposes. I really don't have any complaints.

Heather from Affordable Fundraising Help

Great customer support

I loved the platform and the interface. The customer service it fantastic - especially that they have people come out and help with your events that truly care about the nonprofit sector. They really went above and beyond to help us close the auction and get the data inputted correctly!

Reasons for Choosing Gesture

Price was lower and liked the sales people at Gesture.

Heather from National MS Society

I think the staff at Gesture are wonderful!

During this first year in using the software, I saw the additional benefit of securing bids in advance of opening the auction. This started us out thousands of dollars ahead of where we would have traditionally began at the event.

Pros

I love the ability to add photos, descriptions, bid, buy it now pricing, and much more all in a single entry of an item. I also really like the ease in which bidders can participate, get alerts, and have knowledge of their purchases. Finally, the added bonus of a PR team to work with was an extra perk I was not expecting!

Cons

There are certain gaps in the software we have discovered such as: Nowhere to record solicitors such as staff, committee, or Board member who was responsible for bringing in the item; Nowhere to record an individual's name associated with a company in donor details; Nowhere to record details for pledged item, such as when it will be delivered, staff pick-up needs, etc.; Need to have ability to check box if donor has already received thank you for their contributions (such as when it went unsold at a past event and is being used again); Non-transferrable input from one event to another such as donor information. I also have major concerns over the software abilities to capture donations during the ask. There is simply no way to ensure those that raise their hands, are actually hitting the button to donate that is texted to them.

Response from Gesture

Replied November 2017

Heather, Thank you so much for the review! We love working with the National MS team! I'm sure your account manager will touchbase on a couple of the software items you mentioned, but we are excited to let you know that the ability to record an individual's name associated with a company in donor details, and the ability to transfer donor information between campaigns/events have recently been addressed and we can do a quick demo of those items. We've also logged your other notes for the development team, as you know, we are always looking for new ways to improve the software and greatly appreciate your feedback. We look forward to many more National MS events!

Brandi from Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Maria Valley

Amazing Product

Most of our donors and guests loved the new aspect of our Auction, including switching to mobile bidding/checking in and out. Instead of the previous years of pen and paper bidding. There were only a few people that preferred the old method and just couldn't seem to get on bored. People were concerned that guests would be on their phones all night and no one would be interacting but it was quite the opposite. People had more time to mingle not having to go back and check the paper bid sheets since there were none.

Pros

We were looking for an affordable and easy to use mobile bidding auction program and this one did not disappoint. The company sends a representative to the auction to basically be the point person and fix anything that might come up and help with check in, entering data, etc. They show up early and stay through the event. They bring tablets that are easy to use for our volunteers and staff. Entering items and bidders is easy and functional. Your event can go live as soon as you'd like it to so that even donors that can't attend the night of, can bid on items. This increases revenue tremendously. They also helped us with not having small items but focusing on larger items of value and only having around 100-150 silent items. The colorful pictures and descriptions are easy to view on mobile devices. And if guests don't have a smart phone, we can help them bid on our tablets. Guests receive notification of being outbid, but you can add am amount you are willing to pay and Gesture will continue bidding on your behalf until the amount is reached. Guests are also able to check out from their device, so it makes check out a lot faster and smoother. It is a lot easier to collect on balances as well because we collect credit card information before the event. Guests received notification of being outbid, but you can add am amount you are willing to pay and Gesture will continue bidding on your behalf until the amount is reached.

Cons

If the tablets go down at check in, it pretty much puts everything at a stand still. Even though the tablets run without wi-fi. There are certain aspects that have to be changed or updated only by Gesture, we can't do it ourselves. Such as adding the individuals who receive notification of a payment or donation from the event. But they are usually quick about their customer service.

Anne from Children's Home of Northern Kentucky

Gesture is the real deal for mobile fundraising; intuitive to use, with great customer support.

Pros

The software is intuitive to use and streamlines so many of the processes that eat up your time when you have to do them manually; we eliminated so many Excel spreadsheets, thanks to everything being easily captured, managed, and tracked right within the software - from auction packages to ticket sales to even the seating and meal requests. Beyond the software, Gesture's customer service was incredible; from the initial sales call all the way through to the event itself, every single Gesture representative we worked with was attentive, helpful, and genuinely interested in helping us have a successful event - which we did. In just the 48 hours since the event concluded, I've received multiple compliments from guests who expressed how "smooth" the night ran and how "seamless" their experience was, from check-in to bidding on auction packages to purchasing raffle tickets to checking out when they won auction packages. We will definitely be using Gesture again, for next year's event!

Cons

Since our event is coordinated by a mix of paid staff and volunteers, it would be helpful to have an administrative access level in Gesture that is "view only" - currently, it's all (full admin rights) or nothing. It would also be helpful if raffle winners could be "drawn" right in the software, rather than needing to use a random number generator on a third party site.

Annie from Wellness House

The software is easy to use and provides a seamless experience for our staff and event guests.

Pros

The software is easy to use. It's intuitive and easy to navigate. It makes my job as an event manager much easier. Adding auction items, auction close out, and financial reporting are a breeze. It is also a smooth process for our guests. Bidding on auction items or making a donation is very easy for them, which means more donations for our cause. We set up our auction online in advance of the event. This gives guests an opportunity to start bidding on silent items, and become familiar with live auction items. All of this leads to more revenue to support our mission. I also appreciate the ability to customize our site so it looks like us. This creates a cohesive experience for our guests and helps us put our brand front and center. As a site administrator, I love the ability to download the generated auction sheets. This is a huge time saver. We also download the receipts and send to guests with a thank you letter after the event. It calculates the tax deductibility automatically on the receipt which is an essential feature.

Cons

There are a few custom queries/reports I would like which are not currently offered. It can be confusing as an admin to see clearly what funds have been paid and not paid. However, the staff are great and have helped me figure things out. They even created a custom report for me.

Meghan from Children's Home + Aid

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Worth the investment to skyrocket your event fundraising!

Pros

Ultimately, it has very clear ROI for the agency. The transition from paper building to mobile has drastically increased our pre-event and day of event fundraising. My favorite part about the software is the increase in funds collected the night of the event. It was incredibly unfortunately how much staff time we had to dedicate post event to collecting money, for many of our events we not have 100% funds collected the night of the event, which frees our staff up to focus on thanking donors. Lastly, the interface is very easy to understand and navigate. We have a number of events that have more mature attendees, who were skeptical when we began to make the transition from paper to electronic. After one use they all required we use the technology at future events. This is also a credit to the Gesture onsite staff who really meet the attendees where they are at and give extra attention when needed!

Cons

I guess my comments would be both a pro and a con. The fact that Gesture is constantly evolving and improving the technology it can sometimes be hard to keep up with all of the current offerings and capabilities as a client. This is one of many vendors you work with so it can be hard to keep yourself educated. Although, this is when you really rely on your account manager to relay this information to you, which our, representtaive, does a wonderful job.

Karen from Folds of Honor Chicago

Great company, easy to use, lots of great features!

I have been able to generate reports that I need for sharing with my committee and for tax letters. Also, the on-line bidding system is a favorite of our guests. I love the messaging too. It allows me to send messages to my guests pre, during, and post event.

Pros

I love that you can generate reports (I use Excel) with information you need for money raised on tickets-silent-live-raffle items, $ raised by donor, FMV vs what was donated for tax purposes, and the list goes on. The spreadsheets can be sorted as you like for your purposes. I also like the messaging. You can send out text messages to your guests for reminders like auction open for bidding, parking, auction closing, links to photos post event, etc. You can also generate tax letters from the site. A lot of great features!

Cons

The only thing I wish it could do is generate tax letters for each guest separately. If you need to make a change for one guest, you have to generate all letters as they go into a single PDF file. You can't just generate them for one guest. Not a major problem, just wish it was a feature. Overall it is a great system!

Response from Gesture

Replied November 2017

Karen - Thank you for the wonderful feedback! We will let our development team know of your suggestion! We love working with Folds of Honor Chicago and look forward to many more incredible events!

Monica from Virginia Hispanic Chamber

It is pretty to use, but oh boy, it has gotten expensive!

I have to say I had a really good experience in general. I was able to design nice pages, sell tickets, collect data, etc. Customer service was good and responsive. I only left the software because of the price and the limitations on the amount of events per year they were offering me.

Pros

This software was very friendly and super easy to use. Design-wise you are sort of limited, but this is almost a drag and drop type of thing, so I would say you don't have to be a designer to make your page look good. The customer service was pretty good as well.

Cons

the admin section with all the automated email was kind of messy. Since it got bought by Giving Smart the price doubled

Reasons for Choosing Gesture

I would choose 501 Auction if it had a better price and unlimited events per year. It is very easy to use, but the financial part makes it difficult to buy for small non-profits.

Angel from Loma Linda University Health

Gesture use for our annaul Gala

Aside from the comprehensive report, everything else with gestures was fairly simple and easy to use. The staff from gestures that helped during the event was knowledgeable and able to help and respond quickly and effectively during the event went on which made it less chaotic feeling for us.

Pros

I love that gesture was easy for our guests to use at our gala. We used it for check in and the process was simple and easy to understand for our volunteers at registration to find info. We used it for our silent auction and guests were able to see the items from their phones and bid very easily and they received notices when they were outbid or when they won. We used it for general donations, selling centerpieces, and checkout. Overall pretty easy to use during the event.

Cons

During the check in process we were unable to search by table number which would have been helpful because sometimes we are asked who is sitting at a certain table and it would be nice to look up by table. Also after the event we needed specific reports to be able to input all of the money we received and record all of the info and gestures did not yet have one comprehensive report to give us what we needed, instead I had to modify and combine several reports to make it work for our needs.

Jill from The Gillispie School

Great product, great people.

It makes my online auction much easier.

Pros

The best thing about Gesture are the people who work there! We LOVE our account rep - she is super responsive. The folks that come out to work the auction are always wonderful too. The extra staff support is essential to our event! I also think the interface is very user-friendly and not overly complicated.

Cons

I wish there were an easier way to do a mass photo upload for items, and I wish that items said SOLD instead of CLOSED when they are purchased outright, and that they said NOT OPEN FOR BIDDING if they are something being auctioned in the future.

Elizabeth from Portsmouth Christian Academy

The 501 team is great! We've increased gross revenue by over 30% in three years.

Increased revenue. Having 501 here on event day allows me the ability to interact with my guests more easily. They are a a great team and they have worked with us for three years doing a phenomenal job of making our day run smoothly. No more fear that the software will crash or the credit card terminals won't work on the day of auction. Each has happened multiple times in the seven years before 501. Our auction is visible to guests in real time! We get to add items every day and update details as needed when needed. It has helped with sales. Overall, this is wonderful software to use for auction events.

Pros

Data entry is easy and it is web-based allowing me the ability to work from home or on the road. The software is very user-friendly. The financial tracking and ability to email guests from the software is a plus also!

Cons

Donation receipts are sent to donors per item - I'd rather the receipt could reflect as the bidder receipts do. One receipt with all their items in one place. Some of our donors can receive up to 40 emails from me which actually means that I have to write them letters instead of using the email function. I'd like to be able to track volunteers on the software as well. To be honest, I have been keeping a list of suggestions for some software platform enhancements. It would be nice to be able to customize the software to our specific needs.

My experience with the gesture site was easy, worry and stress free.

I had a wonderful experience with this software. I found it was easy to make my own auction site.

Pros

The gesture software is very easy to learn. I am new to the website and it only took me about an hour to figure everything out. Everything is pretty self explanatory. I had to create an auction site for a silent and live auction. Adding each item came with ease. When you go to add an item each section is categorized telling you exactly what information to put in. I also found it very easy to go back and change things if I had made a mistake. The site is easy for others to use and view the auction items I posted. I felt that the crowd we were trying to attract was the older generation of people and this site allowed them to have the ability to see each item without complication. I really liked that the software told you who was watching certain items. It was easy to generate an item sheet in order to print them out and post them for our auction.

Cons

I think my least favorite thing about this software is trying to figure out when someone bids higher than you and who it is. I found that I had trouble when I bid on an item. My friend and I really wanted an item and we kept out bidding each other but didn't realize we were the only two bidding. I wish it would tell you who is bidding against yo.

Leah from Operation Home

Amazing product - really enhanced our events for staff, volunteers, and guests

Increased revenue from auctions. Great feedback from guests who love bidding on their phones. A HUGE decrease in staff hours as the software does all the tracking and reporting for you. A quick, streamlined check in process. Ability to communication with all "bidders" during the event and post event follow up (text messages). The platform is so user friendly that I save a lot of time in training volunteers and explaining to bidders how to use the program. 501 has guides/manuals for EVERYTHING really helps volunteers and guests. Basically increased money and saved time which is very important for a non-profit. I have recommended 501 to several non-profits in the Charleston SC area!

Pros

The ease of using the software for check in, auctions and event communication/followup. The online aspect where people can bid without attending event. Our event specialist Serina D'Angelo is so helpful and proactive!

Cons

Nothing! I really like all aspects of the software from running the event to reporting and the staff is great!

Sarah from The Tewaaraton Foundation

Excellent customer service. Great software and easy to learn and use.

Raised more money for our silent auction and appeal. Ease of ticketing and check in at our event.

Pros

It helps us maximize profits at our fundraisers by making everything so easy. We can spend more time interfacing with people and less time worrying about our website and checkin. The staff at 501 is absolutely amazing and the online instructions answer all my questions.

Cons

I use it so much that sometimes it (or I) get confused as to my password if I have more than one event site open.

Emily from Fountain House

Great!

Each year, we have our fundraiser, Mad About Art. We raise money for Fountain House Gallery, which is a program of Fountain House. This event raises money to break the stigma surrounding mental illness. We feel as though 501 Auctions helped us in making the auction run smoothly and with the fundraising and financial processes.

Pros

We found that 501 Auctions helped us with fundraising. We love having the laptops at the event for check in. People were able to bid easily for auction items on their phones and during the paddle raise.

Cons

In handling the back page of 501 Auctions, there were a couple of things I found confusing with uploading/exporting data and reports. I also found it was tedious to upload the auction items with images to the back end- because I was unable to do it globally, but instead one by one. Our account manager, helped in the uploading process and this was extremely, extremely helpful!

Emily from CASA of McHenry County

We've enjoyed working with Gesture, the customer service is outstanding and the site is easy to use!

Ease of ticket sales and managing all of our fundraising items including silent auction, games, and donations.

Pros

The site is easy to navigate, the customer service is friendly and attentive, we like the different features like being able to text guests at the event, the site is clean and modern looking, being able to insert sponsor ads throughout the page is great, and the onsite coordinators were a life saver! We also enjoyed the categories options for items and the ease of creating and managing the tickets portal.

Cons

Some of the features like not being able to manage donations made pre-event and the donation thermometer is lack luster. We went from doing a paddle raise to doing all mobile donations and did not feel the thermometer display was as exciting or captured the attention of guests. We did not realize until the night of the event that in order to show progress in the thermometer we had to keep refreshing the page. Just not what we were expecting.

Mary from Danny Did Foundation

Gesture helped to organize our large event planning and provided great customer service.

I have recommended this product to quite a few non profits for the ease of use and the fact that it combines several event planning tasks into one platform.

Pros

The software allowed us to get rid of excel sheets and a separate ticketing vendor. We like the auction capabilities and simplicity of use. We like that Gesture makes enhancements and improvements based on user feedback. We like the ability to use the helpdesk chat function when we have a question. We like the dashboard and reports. Unrelated to software , but a nice customer service perk is that you have a rep designated to you.

Cons

A few improvements can be made (as with any software) and when I suggest them, they are escalated. I have been very pleased over the years and plan to continue to use Gesture.

Kaitlyn from DSA Boston

Great for Events

They have great support and assign you a contact person which is very helpful. Overall great to work with and I would recommend to anyone running and auction.

Pros

This software is great for events and if you elect to have a staff member come to the event (additional cost) to provide on-sight support it really makes the event run smoothly. The software is great because it allows you send push notifications to bidders and encourage higher bids.

Cons

The interface is a little outdated and could be made more user-friendly. Also, the information sheets for the auction items aren't very pretty or large so we usually make our own. The company just got bought out, so I am not sure what it will transform into within the next couple of years- something to keep an eye on.

Amazing account manager and service, great tools on site

Realized areas to improve, improved efficiency, and positive feedback

Pros

We could manage the event from registration, check in/out, and silent auction/raffles/games, the all in one aspect was an advantage The financials, inventory of donations, and the silent auction results really helped highlight missed opportunities Texting, basket print outs, max bids, etc were great as well. Being able to have all 30+ volunteers log in to assist with bidding, max bids, etc was wonderful

Cons

Visibility of the tickets and what was included with each ticket was important for check in to give bags, wristbands etc. We ended up printing cheat sheets for volunteers. It was difficult for in-kind sponsors to be registered for the event we had to discount off the total and record the donation separately. We did have a little difficulty with receipts before the event but it may have been user error.

Kaitlyn from Ellie Fund

501 has revolutionized our event management process! We are so happy we chose 501 Auctions!

We improved the onsite and pre-event management of all event elements from guest lists to auction management. Everything is so easy to use and the support is incredible.

Pros

The support we receive on-sit eat events is incredibly helpful, as is the support leading up to the event. The software is so easy to use and manage but if you ever have any issues, their staff is quick to respond and solve any problems. The customization potential is incredible, each event is unique and the event solutions that they present are phenomenal.

Cons

There really aren't many cons to 501 that I can think of. One minor thing is the webpage editing features. It can be quirky and I have had occasional difficulty uploading images and links. However, 501's support is so helpful and anytime I have run into any issues they have been able to help almost immediately.

Monica from A New Direction Beverly Morgan Park

Software is easy to learn and use. My team felt good support. Dashboard is very motivating

Great tracking of donors and donations; an easy and effective platform to highlight sponsors of our event; a great summary of our night.

Pros

We love the dashboard. It's incredibly motivating to see our progress as the event unfolds. We also can compare last year's dashboard to this years and know where we need to step it up. The second best feature are the sponsor ads. We like how they are not only on the homepage but integrated through the software.

Cons

Limited design capability and limited selection on display board that we used for Fund the Need. We thought sponsors names would appear after they hit the donate button, but names kept coming alphabetically.

Barbara from The Woman's Club of Raleigh

Great experience with Gesture from start to finish. A few glitches but overall, great!

Pros

Ease of use setting up the site with important information. Also, inputting registrants who pay with a check. Honestly, just about everything or we would not have used Gesture for a second time. Support was fantastic!

Cons

Online Help! Difficult to navigate when in a hurry, too many screens to go through, need to print help or have a download capability such as a User Manual especially for new people. This might seem trite but the blue "Help" button is in the way when trying to work with a list or read a screen. Keep it at the top and turn it blue. Some of the dashboard items are difficult to get the right reports out of.

Rachel from National Fragile X Foundation

501 is invaluable and we can't imagine running a fundraiser without it!

Increased profit and ease of use at the event

Pros

My favorite part of the software is that we're able to do so much on the website prior to the event so we can actually enjoy the event more. The customer service is amazing. Bidding online has changed the way we do fundraisers and I can't imagine going back to paper bidding ever again. Our income has increased exponentially because of the ability to bid online from anywhere.

Cons

There honestly is nothing we don't like about the software. It's made our lives so much easier and I tell everyone I can about it.

Mary Ann from Life's WORC

I've been very pleased with the user friendly software as well as the project managers I've dealt with.

The registration process at an event is easier since we can scan people's credit card information. Prior to using this software, each time someone purchased something I would have to process their credit card again.

Pros

I like the way I can check to see what people purchased as well as the names of people at tables or golfers names. It saves me from having to contact people & ask for names.

Cons

I wish when I get a confirmation e-mail for a purchase, that the person's contact information would be in the email. Now I have to download a financial summary & look for contact information.

Jenny from IYRS School of Technology & Trades

501 staff are always very helpful and available both leading up to and during the event.

Pros

The convenience of capturing all info in one place - both guest and auction info, as well as financial reports.

Robert from Lincoln-Way Foundation for Educational Excellence

Gesture made our event more successful due to the right balance of technology & customer service.

Breakout of where sales came form/who won what/I could call the winners easily.

Pros

Ease of use and Dashboard-as well as as detail when I needed to review it. The "live" feature si amazing as well as ability to adjust prices, text messages,etc to gain funds.

Cons

That I didn't invent it. Seriously, we had user issues when we logged in as we had three administrators. Hence, when each wanted to bid, they forgot to switch to donor- an easy fix- but we missed that in training. Gesture solved it easily.

Kyla from Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin

We love Gesture - it is great! Easy to use, great onsite teams and it helps you raise more money.

Pros

From a guest perspective, it's easy to use, the onsite staff is helpful and it makes bidding quick and fun. From an adminstrator perspective, entering items is user-friendly, the software takes much of the manual work outu of your auction and the Gesture team makes sure you're supported throughout the whole process. The best part is that you can open your auction before your event begins, so you're making money before a guest has even arrived!

Julie A from Development Strategy Consultants

501 is a service that now after using I can't imagine running an auction event without!

Pros

Userface is very simple and intuitive for guests. The auction functionality is streamlined and very easy to organize and print. The financial reporting is very valuable and makes reconciling the event a breeze.

Cons

There is room for improvement in the offline gift entry. The process could be easier for administrators to upload sponsor information. Perhaps a way to do more than one at once like in an spreadsheet upload.

Tracy from Joy in Childhood Foundation/Dunkin' Brands, Inc.

Fantastic! 501 Auctions has provided us quality customer service for our largest fundraisers.

Pros

We love that we can upload our own lists into the system to make registration run so smoothly. Being able to capture credit cards at check in makes the auction checkout process run incredibly smooth! We have had such amazing feedback from guests. Additionally, the post-event reporting has made data entry so easy!

Cons

We wish there was more customization that we could do with the thermometer and auction lists that can be viewed by guests.

My experience with Gesture has been nothing but positive.

Pros

I love the fact that the Auction is not limited to those who are physically at the event. The fact that there is a website that allows ANYONE to bid on auction items widens our bandwidth and allows for a much higher return. Additionally, the customer service is always impeccable. They are willing to answer any question or jump on a conference call to discuss questions or concerns and they always make sure to accommodate our needs.

Debbie from MPM

The Gestures site is easy to use.

This software has streamlined our event process making report processes to our Board and Committees easier and better organized. Most of all the reports have helped us to determine how to make the event better from year to year.

Pros

The customer support is great and always available. The reports produced by the software are very helpful in making decisions for the future of our events.

Cons

Some of the functionality is a bit cumbersome as in changing labels for items that are "out of the ordinary" realm.

Ron from Ozark Gateway Fellowship of Christian Athletes

Excellent support, fantastic employees and great experience.

Easy setup, quick additions, and edits, and instant results after the event. Great reporting is available also.

Pros

The software is so easy to use, from a loading standpoint to the night of the event. Changes made easily from the cell phone. Really good software.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say. I did ask to add a report that would identify items during our event that were at a certain percent under fmv so that could be sent out, but it's very good software.

Anna from Education

Overall the 510 auction software was a great product that made keeping track of items very easy.

Pros

I loved how the software organized auction items. The administrative features were helpful. It was easy to navigate the system.

Cons

There was a need to batch edit certain items and you were not able to do this. More of the features should batch change. You should also be able to batch edit descriptions for similar items. It would be a huge time saver

Paul from Grand Slam Club/ovis

A really smooth process

Our major benefit was the ability to use as bookkeeping tool for bidders and auction payment during and after our convention.

Pros

I give you the ability to keep up with the bookkeeping end on auctions items concerning buyers and payments

Cons

The only con I have is if you have multiple auctions there is an inability to turn off proxy bids for individual auctions. Either have to be turned off at first auction or try to monitor proxy bids for past auctions

Heather from One Tail at a Time

It's been easy and there has been a lot of support.

Increased our revenue for silent auction, made check in and check out easy for our event, allowed us to grow our event with the support staff

Pros

The reports, how easy it is to look up what im looking for (a particular guest, an item, ticket sales etc)

Cons

There isn't a lot of flexibility in the event page site. I don't like that you can't easily see how many of each ticket type has been sold. There is no easy way to make nice looking bid display sheets.

Betsy from Presbyterian Night Shelter

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Amazing, from the software itself to the amazing staff, 501 is wonderful

Pros

For us, the idea everything can all be in one system truly does make the process of our event run most successful. To add, the fact that it is so mobile friendly, allows us to reach more guests and raise more dollars in one night.

Cons

Honestly, if the software does act up, the staff at 501 Auctions ensures our issues are solved quickly so my cons are very minimal and addresses before it becomes an issue.

Lisa from Temple Israel of the City of New York

Fantastic. Our account manager was amazing and we had our most successful auction ever.

Pros

It is easy to use - both from the user experience and on the back end. Both the interface and the reports are clear and easy to navigate and understand. I think the layout of the site is well thought out and offers many options for communicating with our donors.

Cons

I wish it offered a little more customization. Although our account manager was able to help us access all of the information I needed, we had some challenges with creating a unique layout for our site and also with pulling out the information that we needed in a single report.

Angel from Loma Linda University Health

Great for multiple areas of events especially registration and auction purposes

Overall I do like the ease that gestures brings to our events. We have worked with other software like bid pal in the past and I prefer gestures as they have easier and more fluid capabilities for what we need.

Pros

The ease of registration is refreshing. They have staff that assists along side our staff and have made event check in/out a seamless process

Cons

Custom reports are a little more difficult. The company was able to work with us and create what we needed but it would be nice if we were able to access the reports any time and pull info we need on our end instead of waiting for custom reports.

Shelley from DDBNYC

The software was alright but it was the customer service that really sold us.

The customer service was better than the other software we used.

Pros

It loads fast and bidding is very straight forward. The options to add pages and categories are good as well. The control over numbering and batch editing is fantastic. Takes a lot of work out of inputting donations. I also like that it remembers past donors so you don't have to fill in all that info again.

Cons

The template is pretty limited. I would have preferred more options for customization. Also, I wish the picture of each item could be expanded when clicked on.

Erin from IPH

501 is a tremendous company to work with. Their customer attention and support are amazing.

Pros

Ability to conduct an online auction. In the first year that we converted our silent auction to online, our revenue was tripled. Each year since there has been a steady increase.

Cons

There are a few aspects to the back-end of the website that are a little bit clunky. Customer support is always there to guide you through and to make sure you are satisfied with the end result.

Brianna from James A. Michener Art Museum

I loved working with 501 Auctions. Excellent staff support.

Increased our funds raised in the silent auction. The whole evening went seamlessly and was executed in an organized fashion thanks to the electronic bidding and the help of the friendly supportive staff.

Pros

Organized, user friendly. Web based was a plus. I liked that we could easily transfer information from our database (Raiser's Edge) to the website. It was a seamless process and so helpful that we could just send our information to 501 and have them upload it for us. Guests complimented how easy it was to bid and find auction items with the website.

Cons

Designing the site didn't have as much flexibility as I would have liked. Font styles etc could be better.

Ange from Louisville Collegiate School

501 Auctions was a great company to partner with for our Gala.

Pros

The software was easy to learn and use. It was easy to add information and photos to the site. Our account manager was excellent! She was so helpful every step of the way!

Cons

I didn't like how you could use duplicate item numbers. It should only allow you to use a number once.

Jennifer from Mainsail Events & Marketing

The functionality of the 501 software and their customer service makes for a wonderful product

Ease of handling all financial aspects of my event.

Pros

Its very user friendly both on the front and back ends. It's easy to set-up and manage my events, however, rarely do I get an attendee calling for help using the software... which is rare! Onsite at the event the software is very manageable.

Cons

The only con that I can think of is when listing images, such as sponsor logos, it would be helpful to be able to format the sizing a little easier. I truly don't have any complaints!

Courtney from Best Buddies International

software is very easy to use, excellent for collecting payment at checkout

Pros

The fact that we have people there to help facilitate check in and check out was really beneficial for our event. It helped ensure that our guests would be paying by the end of the night and the extra helped also help take pressure off of our team to tend to the other auction logistics.

Cons

I think the fact that you cannot upload a picture with the quick add is a little annoying and sort of defeats the purpose of adding multiple items at one time since you still have to go back and adjust the picture.

Mandy from The Covering House

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Easy-to-use mobile bidding platform

Overall a great product--and so critical to a successful silent auction!

Pros

Text to bid and online auction capabilities. Bidders receive text messages when they are outbid on items. You can also set up instant purchases, text to donate, or purchase raffle tickets. You can now customize the online website to your organization or event colors, logo and information. Great customer support.

Cons

You do need to encourage attendees to register BEFORE the event, otherwise, it can bottleneck as people arrive.

Steve from Grateful Americans Charity

Great customer service, especially Sebastian!

Pros

Easy to update. Information. You can upload pictures easily. Nothing more to say. Great customer service.

Cons

Sometimes confusing on where to go to do certain tasks/updates. Adhac reporting is not readily available. I may need additional training to better utilize the reporting functions.

Holly from St. Francis College

501 Auctions helps us with all of our auction needs for major events, making it easy for our guests.

Pros

I like how easy it is to add auction items, track financial information and bids, and the day of help that 501 provides.

Cons

I would say the only thing I don't like is we can't check max bids by ourselves, we need to ask 501 to send us a report and sometimes we just want to be able to check it ourselves for time reasons.

Amelia from Big Shoulders Fund

Gesture has helped make day of customer service smoother and check out quicker.

Pros

The software is easy to use to update auction items and see how things are tracking during the event.

Cons

There were older reports that we were sent which were easier to use to reconcile sales and use with QuickBooks and Raiser's Edge. The visual part is nice online, but reports are not as broken out and usable as before.

Samantha from Boston Senior Home Care

We had a great experience with 501 Auctions and are excited to use them again!

This software made our event run much more smoothly than other softwares we used in the past. The auction/mobile bidding was easy for our guests to use, and check in/check out and ticket sales were stress-free.

Pros

The software was straightforward and easy to use. Our contact from 501 Auctions was amazing! She answered all of our questions quickly and clearly and made everything simple and stress free. We loved our 501 Auctions event site, and the mobile bidding was easy for our guests to learn and use during our event.

Cons

We had a few technical difficulties with processing payments but once we became more familiar with the software it was very easy!