• Pros

• "It's a great platform. It looks great and it's easy to use. I like that after all the work we put into creating the page that I can use it for different initiatives."

• "No Issues, easy to follow directions! I found the software very easy to follow and I would recommend this to other!"

• "Ease of implementation Support was awesome Cost was affordable Very easy to use"

• Cons

• "There seemed to be a glitch in the system when the giving page did not work for about 30 minutes at the start of the giving day but was wonderful otherwise. "

• "There is nothing negative that jumped out at me while using this software."

• "I would like it if the pages could be customized a little more."

Browse GiveGab Reviews

Susan from United Way of Racine County

Easy to use. Amazing Customer Support

Amazing customer service. Wonderful training tools, trainings and resources. Painless setup. Intuitive design. Simple reporting. Go Team GiveGab!

Pros

I work with a small and very busy staff so the idea of burdening anyone with a new Giving Day was not ideal. GiveGab was like adding a team of new members to our staff who have years of Giving Day experience. Creating the site was painless. The trainings and materials were great. And my love for the chat bubble people was real - They were always quick to respond and very helpful. The platform looks great and was easy to navigate. Very intuitive design. Even my mom was able to donate to multiple NPOs on our Giving Day without my help.

Cons

Some of the nonprofits went rogue and explored GiveGab more than they were ready to. The confusion with donating to their nonprofit site and their campaign site was real and frustrating. But a small price to pay for great customer service!

Karalee from The Catholic University of America

Thanks GiveGab Team

I've used this product for other two years in my current place of employment, expanding the work we've done with them to multiple giving days, but I also sought out their partnership during my transition into this institution. Having previously had a really good experience with their product at another institution, I knew they were the right company to partner with again. That decision was broadly supported throughout my division as well given their great reputation and wonderful customer service. Nice work, GiveGab team.

Pros

The GiveGab giving day platform is so easy to use and they are constantly improving it (with no interruption of service). The team who assists you is really invested in your success so you aren't simply buying a product but instead investing in an extension of your team. They have run so many giving days that my confidence in their partnership was extremely high and they can offer recommendations based on the successes they've seen but are also open to hearing new ideas and trying to help you implement them. The product itself is fairly flexible (more flexible if you pay for more customization), the reporting is easy and efficient, and they were able to make the adjustments that I needed to cater to my particular organizations needs. I love the countdown clock, the leaderboards, the individual giving profiles, truncated giving process and customizable survey questions.

Cons

There isn't a direct integration for our data through an API so we do a manual download of this information post our giving challenges. While this isn't ideal, it works fine for time bound giving challenges. If we were to use this product on an ongoing basis, I would look to improve this functionality. Another con is some of the design limitations. Because the site is mobile responsive (yay!), some images look better on desktop than mobile and visa versa. It would be great if different options could be selected for different usage. Overall, the pros far outweigh the cons with this company.

Reasons for Choosing GiveGab

GiveGab's product looked the way I wanted it to, was reasonably priced, and demonstrated great customer care (I knew I wouldn't just be sold a product without having someone to assist), ease of reporting, ease of adjusting the platform to cater to what was important (not having donors pay fees, etc).

Ellie from Women's Fund of Rhode Island

Great for our statewide fundraising day

It's easy to get started and to use. The page I created was clean and easy to understand. I didn't work too deeply with the program to understand its other uses.

Pros

We use this once a year for our statewide fundraising day. It is really easy to set up a page and accept donations.

Cons

I didn't receive notifications when donations occurred in real-time, so I needed to continually refresh the page. I wish that it integrated with our CRM more easily as I had to enter everything in manually.

Clara from Ecology Project International

For GiveGab

Frustrating

Pros

I did not like anything about this software. The interface is clunky and does not allow full brand value.

Cons

The bank fees are higher if the donor chooses to cover them. So a customer will be paying more money to completely cover their donation than if they don't and GiveGab will take out of the "bank processing fee". Seems very untrustworthy to have different bank fees based off of whether it's an individual covering them or GiveGab taking out of the donation. You have to sort through all of your donations and do the processing paperwork yourself. There are no notifications from GiveGab when they actually deposit the money into your account. It is processed a second time through an entirely different platform, Stripe, which makes consolidating bank statements confusing. Too many emojis from the staff when asking questions.

Reasons for Choosing GiveGab

Had to because of community fundraising affair.

Michael from University of Dallas

Easy to use and amazing support

Our giving day has been an even greater success thanks to GiveGab, and their team is so friendly and helpful.

Pros

The platform is very simple for both front-end users and administrators, and it has 90% of the features we were looking for. The team at GiveGab is amazing in terms of support.

Cons

A few things were inflexible, so we couldn't customize them. It was difficult to automate some things (specific donor challenges)

Reasons for Choosing GiveGab

Dedication to customer service and customization options.

Reasons for Switching to GiveGab

We moved to a new database that was not compatible with iMods. iModules was clunky and had poor customer support.

Cara from Family Promise

GiveGab is a fantastic fundraising parter, not just a platform

Fantastic. We've run a Giving Day, a Covid emergency campaign, an awareness campaign, and have another campaign in several weeks.

Pros

The software is fantastic for our national campaigns, which allows our Affiliates to register and have funds go directly to them. They can manage the back-end and we can all see the running tally, which is very inspiring.

Cons

There are some limitations to the aesthetics in terms of layout on the site, but nothing major.

Reasons for Choosing GiveGab

We also use Classy for year-round fundraising/peer-to-peer and crowdsourcing campaigns that don't involve our Affiliates. But GiveGab's functionality and customer support for Giving Days and major campaigns is much better.

Monica from St. Norbert College

Higher Education Review

The customer service team at GiveGab is phenomenal.

Pros

This software is incredibly easy to use for our customers. Donors can easily make a gift online during our Annual day of Giving and we've never encountered any confusion from our customers. The product is also great to use for the variety of gifts we receive during our Day of Giving. We can easily pull reports and determine successes based off of the transparent data.

Cons

When we first started using the product, it did seem rigid without a lot of flexibility. However, the GiveGab team really listens to their customers and each year they make modifications to better serve their customers' needs.

Reasons for Switching to GiveGab

idonate was not flexible and did not make the effort to meet our needs.

Vanessa from Southeastern Louisiana University

Great Company - They help you every step of the way!

Very good - I had to jump in when an employee departed and they were very patient with my lack of previous exposure to the product.

Pros

We went with GiveGab due to their level of support during your giving campaign creation. We are a small staff and really benefit from their level of assistance!

Cons

Really none, when there is an issue, they are on it immediately and pursue solutions until it is corrected.

The service they provide

Reasons for Switching to GiveGab

MobileCause had limited functionality and we were planning to take our Giving Day to the next level

Michael from University of Dallas

Easy to use and well supported

Pros

GiveGab was incredibly sleek and easy to use, both on the front and back end. Their customer support was unmatched - I've never dealt with so many friendly people.

Cons

We couldn't easily integrate GiveGab into our Blackbaud products, but we knew that going in. It also had some redundancy for single-fund giving days like ours.

Reasons for Choosing GiveGab

I chose GiveGab because of the great support and customization options compared to GiveCampus and the more modern platform compared to Community Funded.

Avaleen from Vanderbilt University

Dependable software and customer support

Pros

It’s dependable, software does what it was promised to do, in the two years we have worked with GiveGab our Giving Day events have gone smoothly. Whenever we had questions or hit a snag their support staff were responsive and effective.

Cons

Ability to customize quickly. New features are not easily added.

Poor customer support

We began using GiveGab as the chosen platform for our giving day. We have kept it because it works!

Pros

--Very easy to set up both as a nonprofit and as a fundraiser --They really walk individuals through setting up a P2P campaign. --The site is visually appealing and engaging, easy to navigate for fundraisers and donors, reasonably customizable --The P2P platform has functionality from both sides of the table--for example, the ability to create a team as a fundraiser or as a nonprofit --Funds deposited within a day or two. This is huge for us. --Incredible customer support. Always gets back quickly, always has a great attitude, always researches the problem and solves it, engages in conversation & demonstrates that the customer (i.e. us) has value to offer. They're so kind and friendly and competent even when we are freaked out and frustrated that we don't stay that way for long. They take our input seriously and often address any overall issues that we have within a reasonable amount of time. Love the chat featuer and that they are also responsive via email. This is where GiveGab shines! --The data you can download about donors is pretty complete and useful --There is a lot of supporting information available on the site itself. Some of it is pretty basic for us but if we were just getting started it would be very helpful. Online fundraising is overwhelming and GiveGab makes it understandable and easy to start.

Cons

--We don't use the volunteer management function so all the community functions are kind of lost on us and seem to get in the way sometimes. I wish we could just turn them off, like a separate module. --We demo'd the CRM function and found it way underpowered for the price, which was as high as some much more flexible and full-service platforms. --I wish the banner for campaigns and our home page was more customizable. We have a lot of appealing photos and it is hard to get any of them to work in that format because of where the text is and how it's formatted. Minor complaint but always frustrating. --I wish we could change the font color. We have a lot of older donors and users and the teal/turquoise font is really hard to read, especially in the dashboard, i.e. the donor list. The gray is not much better. I would rather have default black font anywhere where there's text with a choice of a few colors for display or headline text.

Tricia from Connecticut Community Foundation

Industry: Philanthropy

Thoughts on our GiveGab giving day

While the software was not always ideal for our situation, the GiveGab team was quite attentive in trying to rectify issues.

Pros

We liked the fresh new look and the increased functionality for nonprofit users including peer to peer, matches/challenges, use of photo and video. We also liked the level of support and resources that were made available from the GiveGab team (pre-recorded trainings, support articles etc.)

Cons

Our main concern was that the software really did not work for centrally routed giving days. We had problems all throughout our process - nonprofits confused when registering, GiveGab support staff giving incorrect responses to nonprofit questions, and confusion with pay outs post event). There needs to be a way to "turn off" some of the features that just don't work for certain types of giving days! Also, prize picking was difficult in that we could not incorporate multiple filters when choosing winners. There should be a way to incorporate registration survey categories into the prize picker (this was possible with the old Kimbia system!)

Reasons for Choosing GiveGab

It was a natural transition to move from Kimbia to GiveGab and we really were pleased with the enhanced functionality and fresh look.

Reasons for Switching to GiveGab

Kimbia was bought out and the old platform is no longer supported

Roberta from The Women's Center

GiveGab for Race Registration

We had concerns when GiveGab took over Kimbia. The personal touch of having a local rep is gone but the level of customer service is much higher with GiveGab than with Kimbia.

Pros

I feel pretty comfortable using the software and have found it to be rather intuitive. I like the customization of reports and forms. The live chat for Support is super convenient and always very helpful.

Cons

It's great for event registration and donations but the fundraising piece has never fit with our model. I have yet to find a way to make the peer to peer function work for what we need and how our event operates. Past sales people have tried to force us to change our model to fit the software but I'd rather the software be more adaptable to our work.

Reasons for Choosing GiveGab

Overall look to the consumer and ease of use. I very much like that unlike Active.com there is no outside marketing to our constituents.

GiveGab took over Kimbia

Nancy from Rock Ford Foundation

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Sometime tricky to find what you are looking but otherwise pleased with service

Overall, our experience has been positive with GiveGab once we have our profile set up for the Extraordinary Give event. It is easy to track donations and donors, but there is a lot of information on the site that we do not use due to our organization's size. Given their quick resolution of the issues incurred during the 2019 event, we hope that we will use GiveGab again in 2020.

Pros

Our organization used GiveGab for the Extraordinary Give, a one-day giving day in Lancaster County, PA. This year, the GiveGab platform offered the chance to copy over the past year's information under the Manage Organization tab. This option helped with completing our organization's profile for this event. It is relatively easy to update information on the site, but sometimes finding where that information is can be tricky. When I did have a question about our profile, the customer service team member did respond quickly.

Cons

The GiveGab platform had issues last year due to volume of traffic during the Extraordinary Give. They worked with the event organizers and helped resolve issues, but those issues happened during peak traffic hours. Also, even though we were able to copy the previous year's profile information, while I thought it had been copied, I realized a week before the event that it had not. The site was a bit confusing to find exactly where you needed to go for information. However, their customer service did respond fairly quickly so that I was able to resolve the issue and copy our information. We found that there are a lot of options that our organization does not use, especially pertaining to giving supporters and surveys, but larger organizations may find those options helpful.

Rebecca from Fairfield County's Community Foundation Inc.

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Project Managers are Outstanding!

One-stop out of the box platform provides beginning to end process management for administrators, nonprofits, donors, and businesses participating in a Giving Day that engages 400+ organizations, 12k+ donors, and handles 17+ donations in 24-hours, from admin set up and nonprofit registration through donor acknowledgement and reporting.

Pros

We use GiveGab's Giving Day platform as an organizer. It takes some time to implement the first year, but SO EASY to set up in subsequent years and for returning organizations. They have truly built a community of users, listen to client feedback, and make significant product improvements year after year, and provide a plethora of support tools to our nonprofits. The platform is now significantly more flexible for easier self-service and customization. Customer service to us has been outstanding; they don't generally offer phone support and we have had complaints from our less-tech savvy nonprofits about that.

Cons

There is some confusion among nonprofits between GiveGab profiles and their GiveGab Giving Day profile, but our PMs have been solution-oriented in preventing this and responding when issues have occurred as a result.

Nancy from Community Foundation of Tompkins County

Online Gift Software decisions

The platform is customizable. We went from stripe (was that the name) to Kimbia and the integration was smooth. The team was very responsive and understood our needs.

Pros

Strong customer service, your strong knowledge of how a community foundation is complex, and colorful layout of the platform

Cons

It isn't intuitive to read gift information reports. I find deciphering what is a campaign gift and our website donations confusing. I rarely use tabs or widgets, because I am not the gift processing person.

Reasons for Choosing GiveGab

Local company with ties to Community Foundation staff.

Reasons for Switching to GiveGab

Paypal was low cost but clunky, not very customizable.

Julie from #iGiveCatholic

Satisfied, Engaged Partner Here

The problems solved with GiveGab are too many to list! One specific example is how much more smooth our organization registration process is this year compared to last year. After the Giving Day, our GiveGab team listened, reviewed their tech support questions received, asked questions, and then went to work. The results are paying off. The number of questions I am answering this year compared to last year are way down, our partners are happier, and I have MUCH more time to devote to managing the event(s).

Pros

The people behind the software are what make the software great. They routinely analyze their tech support logs to see what issues people have, listen to their partners, and then work to make the process smoother and easier so we partners can spend more time and effort in the day-to-day management of the Giving Day or fundraising effort.

Cons

Verification of entity bank accounts still causes confusion among some of my participating organizations, but I know that GiveGab is already "on it" to see what can be done for next year.

Joey from Running to Places Theatre Company

We started using GiveGab to replace PayPal as a way to receive donations. It is better in every way.

Pros

For donations, the platform makes the process drop-dead simple for us to set up and manage. Simple donations are much easier, smoother, and prettier on GG. The ability to create fundraising campaigns has been game-changing for us. They're easy to do, look great, and people feel comfortable and secure when they contribute to them on the platform. We only just took the plunge with the CRM functionality, and we're already wondering why we didn't do it sooner. We also love the responsiveness of the support team fast, friendly, patient, knowledgeable, flexible, and creative in their responses every time.

Cons

There are some aspects of the CRM workflow that I wish were set up a little differently, however, I have given feedback on these specific pieces, and the support folks have put in requests to the tech team to look into adding or modifying that functionality based on my feedback. I appreciate that.

Lauren from Austin Community Foundation

Great customer service and flexible product

GiveGab has really helped us meet the needs of our various special projects. It's flexible enough to make reporting and integrating with other systems really easy. The fees they have negotiated with Stripe are very low which we and our donors love!

Pros

The platform is the most flexible of any fundraising software I've seen. It enables us to do almost everything we can think of - and we have some crazy use cases! In addition, the customer service is absolutely unparalleled. They are quick to respond and go above and beyond to meet our needs, optimize our use an solve any issues that arise.

Cons

The enterprise platform is not super intuitive. Some of the labels are confusing and there is a bit of a learning curve. In addition, the nature of the platform prevents having more than one window/form/report open at once and navigating back and forth can be cumbersome.

Kirk from Cattaraugus Region Community Foundation

GiveGab is THE premiere giving day platform!

I can say wholeheartedly that without GiveGab's support and learning opportunities (GiveGab Leader Forum) there's no way Cattaraugus Gives could have achieved the level of success we have achieved.

Pros

GiveGab is incredibly easy to use. The interface, in all forms that I use it, has been incredibly intuitive. Even for our most novice online fundraisers, the software has been user-friendly. Anyone can pick up and learn how to effectively utilize GiveGab as a fundraising platform.

Cons

There's nothing I dislike about the software. Over time it would be awesome if the system could have more integrations with popular community foundation database software so that donor info could be uploaded to the database with less work from the user.

Reasons for Choosing GiveGab

Familiarity, reputation, support, user-friendliness, excellent team at GiveGab!

Kim from Lancaster County Community Foundation

the right tool for giving days

Pros

GIveGab, by far, has the most comprehensive suite of tools designed for giving days. Even though the applications for the software go beyond just giving days and can extend to every type of campaign to provide a turnkey online giving solution, as a Community Foundation, giving days have been our core use. What I like MOST about the software? It would have to be the people behind it. The customer support team, the dedication to perfection, user tutorials and webinars, and a development team that is not only accessible but willing to listen and incorporate end user ideas for improvement, all make for a top notch customer experience. Most significantly, GIveGab has allowed our team to be relieved of the burden of becoming a "helpline" for 4 months out of the year - directly affecting our bottom line and freeing us to work on our mission related projects!

Cons

When an administrator for a large giving day who also donates to organizations and is responsible for the administration of your own organization's campaign, the roles get a bit confusing. But, that may speak more to my (in)ability to handle all the hats.

Michelle from College of Charleston

Great Service and Design

My experience with GiveGab has been fantastic - the software is easy to use, though I wish the website was more customizable. The best part about GiveGab was their service, they were extremely helpful in getting our site up-and-running in a much shorter timeframe than originally intended. They provided great support the day of, especially with offline donations. I have nothing but positive things to say about the team at GiveGab.

Pros

I like how the back-end is organized with parent profiles and support areas that have consistent sections to complete (donation levels, photos, descriptions, etc.) It's very straightforward and easy to follow.

Cons

Finding the place for fund ID's and previewing the pages before they are live can be difficult.

Partially the cost

Elliot from Ithaca Generator

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Our non-profit is raising more money than we every have.

Our organization did very little fundraising for it's first 4 or 5 years in existence. When we decided to expand, we needed to create a development program from scratch - and we didn't have those skills on our board. GiveGab showed us exactly what to do to create our first campaign and bring peer-to-peer fundraisers into it, and automated the most troublesome and easy-to-forget tasks. We are raising more money than ever, and the transaction fees are comparable to payment platforms that offer far fewer features and benefits.

Pros

GiveGab is easy to use and easy to train our volunteers on. Setting up a campaign is fast and built-in features like thank-you messages and donation receipts take all the pain out of fundraising and save us time.

Cons

There are some odd missing features. It would be nice to be able to enter offline donations in a way that they would be included in future outreach or thank-you emails - for example when local businesses write checks for sponsorship. Also, we can only put a "donate now" button in one location on a webpage or html email. This is odd since it is very common to place a "call to action" at the beginning, middle, and end of an appeal. Finally, some competitors allow us to make and save a variety of buttons with different donation levels or text fields. That is a nice feature and it is a bummer that for any given campaign, I can only make one "donate now" button.

Jennifer from At Home in Alexandria

An efficient tool for giving campaigns

The giving day is a very important fundraising day for our organization - the biggest day of the year. If there were computer glitches we would be in big trouble. We're very pleased that even with 150+ organizations all using the platform intensely that one day, there have been no problems experienced. We are satisfied.

Pros

We are part of an annual giving day campaign in our city and Give Gab is the platform for donations during that day. The training provided by the GiveGab staff has been very good. There was just the right amount of "hand-holding" during the transitional year to this new platform, which helped us a lot. I like that they continue to provide enthusiastic support, updates on platform capabilities, and good ideas for building momentum for the giving day.

Cons

We have not had any problems using the software. Of course, there is a cost to utilizing this platform and we always wish that were less since we are small nonprofit, but we do consider this a good product for the money.

Reasons for Switching to GiveGab

We were not involved in the switch from a previous vendor platform. This was determined by the organization that spearheads the giving day.

Linda from Catholic Community Foundation

Engaging, effective software and outstanding customer service to boot!

The team a GiveGab, from bottom to top, is outstanding. They are responsive, helpful, and genuinely care about helping nonprofits make this world a better place. 5-STARS!!

Pros

The ease for our participating organizations to be involed in a Giving Day because of the GiveGab platform is amazing. Even organizations with minimal technical skills are able to navigate through the software to register their organization and run an effective and engaging Giving Day. The benefit to donors is also high with software that provides a seemless donation process. The Shopping Cart feature encourages multiple donations. The Blue Chat bubble customer service is outstanding for donors and participating nonprofits.

Cons

There really has not been an issue that GiveGab has not been able to resolve. Their tech team of developers not only responds to requests, but is ahead of the curve in rolling out new product features on a regular basis.

Amy from Idaho Nonprofit Center

Giving Days made easy

For us, what we got back was staff time to focus our event planning efforts. Before we spent a ton of time just doing training and registration support. GiveGab made both of those things so easy. We have almost doubled what we raised since we first started working with GiveGab because giving is easy and we can really focus on donor engagement.

Pros

When we switched our giving day platform to GiveGab we made the right decision. Not only was it easy for our team, it was easy for our nonprofits to set up their giving profile and the most important thing was that it made it simpler to give. Ease of use is one of the most important factors we consider when choosing software to utilize.

Cons

Sometime there are little things that pop up but what I appreciate about GiveGab is how quickly they respond and how they work within a framework of continuous improvement. I never feel like our concerns are ignored. Often times there's an immediate solution. They are tireless investigators of bugs/minor issues.

Lynne from SPCA of Tompkins County

I love the everything about GiveGab

We have used GiveGab for multiple online campaigns . They offer a superb product with extraordinarily helpful, friendly and educated support staff. Creating a campaign is easy with their software. They have fresh, contemporary, and uncluttered design options with a few different color schemes so your campaigns don't always look alike. It is easy to present a cohesive campaign/event with their easy-to-fill text boxes and variety of drop down menus you can use for event registration. if needed. The reports are generated with a click of a button and are emailed right to you at work. I actually liked getting in the "back end" of the system to work. What lay person ever says that! Previously we had been working with a competitor to GiveGab. I was always stressed about their software not functioning well and their people being hours away and essentially strangers to our non-profit. When we left the competitor, it took them more than one year to reach out to us to ask why. I simply told them that the GiveGab product was superior, the technical support staff a dream, and the fact that they GiveGab is a national company with a hard-working, local vibe sealed the deal. You will not be disappointed if you choose GiveGab.

Pros

ease of use

Cons

We have a complicated event registration with fundraising goals and registration fees. We needed the registration fees to not be counted towards the registrant's goal. It was hard to sort it all out but finally we did to some fashion.

Shila from Palmyra's Great Give/The Caring Cupboard

Great product!

We are doing our first-ever community giving day and GiveGab is helping us to live out that goal!

Pros

I love that this software is intuitive and clearly built by people who know and understand the nonprofit sector. It seems they thought of everything! The level of customer support is bar none and the friendliness of the staff has been so helpful as we launch our first ever giving day. The ease of registration, the clean interface, and overall experience has been incredible.

Cons

I have no negative feedback at this time. Everything has been great!

Reasons for Choosing GiveGab

We did not look at other products for 2 main factors: 3 large and local giving days are using this product and seemed to be quite satisfied and we really believed that this product hit all of our must haves when we had our first walk-through.

Karen from Chicago Bar Foundation

Great product and easy to use

Pros

The pages are easy to implement and use, when making a donation the donor is still on our website, integrates easily with a variety of credit card processors, and adapts to new trends quickly (i.e. adding the 3% option to donations, pledge payments, and ongoing/recurring donations)

Cons

I would like it if the pages could be customized a little more.

Reasons for Choosing GiveGab

Pricing, ability to integrate with credit card processors currently in use, and product reviews

More than 6 years ago

Elizabeth from Petroglyph Education Foundation

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Give Big Kern with Give Gab SUPPORT

The problems that were solved for our Non-Profit, was the initial sign up, although there was a previous administrator, who is no longer with our Non-Profit, as a new "admin", I had to go through the process to remove our previous administrator and have myself added as the new "admin". The benefits for our Non-Profit is that we are now current and set up to work with Give Gab and have the peace of mind know that Give Gab is here for us with software, tools and resources! THANK YOU!!

Pros

I love the customer support and how patient and understanding they are to an Admin who's not the most "tech savvy", they made me feel so capable and were so positive and encouraging on moving forward with using the "GiveGab" software. The software itself is easy to navigate and if there is any questions or stumbling point, on what to do next, the techs are very helpful!

Cons

As most people who are NOT "tech savvy", just starting something new, although the Give Gab software seems intimidating, is is NOT at all.

Ruhiyyih from Global Village Fair Trade

Great fundraising platform with excellent customer support

Our experience with GiveGab has been wonderful, and we have been having better online fundraising results with each campaign we've launched or participated in. I look forward to this trend continuing as our experience and learning deepens and GiveGab continues being helpful and great to use.

Pros

I can't say enough good things about GiveGab. Our organization is fairly new in terms of bringing some of our fundraising efforts online, but each campaign or Giving Day has been a learning experience and has gone better than the last. GiveGab has made this process fun and inviting, I look the look and use of the platform, and--best of all--their support staff is responsive, friendly, and extremely helpful.

Cons

While use of the platform has been generally straightforward, there have been a few places where I have had a hard time finding what a needed, or have been unclear what our membership level granted us, but the support staff has always been exceedingly friendly, responsive, and helpful when these issue have arose.

Response from GiveGab

Replied January 2019

Hi Ruhiyyih! Thank you so much for that wonderful review! We take pride in providing a user friendly platform for you to raise funds for your organization online. We are always here to assist you and glad that we could help! Please let us know if you have any question or additional comments!

Leslie from Wichita Falls Area Community Foundation

Give Gab gets better and better!

We moved from another Giving Day platform after year two of our Giving Day and the experience has been great. With the previous company, everything seemed more manual on our end and not intuitive at all. Give Gab has just about everything more automated and user friendly!

Pros

We have used the Give Gab platform for our Giving Day for three years now. Each year Give Gab gets better and better! Their customer service is the best I've ever experienced. Anytime we need help with anything or have questions, they are super quick to respond!

Cons

While there is very little that I don't like about the platform, I do wish there was more flexibility in the website and profile templates. However, I will say, anytime we have any issues with anything or a "wish list," Give Gab is always great about adding it to their tech team's list of to-dos. And they do complete the items!

Stephanie from The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven

TGG19

GiveGab provided A+ customer service from beginning to end. They always tried to understand what we wanted and why. They were responsive, quick and tried to anticipate challenges in advance.

Pros

Overall, the software was easy to use and engage with. GiveGab did an outstanding job with the marketing by offering so many webinar that walked the user through various features like the Peer-to-Peer and Match. The Nonprofit profiles were clean and simple yet the ability to jam pack them with information was easily availlable as folks were able to upload pictures, video and text.

Cons

The process to manage the matching feature was a bit hard as nonprofits were using it differently (1:1 match, 1:2 match, limits set, matches to award even if all of the money wasn't raised). There was confusion as to who and when to do it manually and when to add the money depending on the details of that particular organizations match.

Better format Ease of use Availability Pricing GG has a welcoming vibe

Powerful platform, a little hard to navigate as an organization with multiple campaigns/giving days

Pros

I like how easy the user interface is, once you can acccess it. I was able to easily craft my story, upload a picture, create unique giving levels and develop a solid "Thank You" message with video for my donors. It seems to really have a variety of uses, from campaigns to events to giving days, although I am still working on how to use it. My Peer to Peer Fundraisers were able to set up their own individual pages, once we could figure out how to access it.

Cons

The back end is not always easy to navigate, particularly getting from my organization's home page and "dashboard" to a Giving Day. The Dashboard listed a couple of prior campaigns but did not immediately link to the NH Gives Days. Similarly, my peer to peer fundraisers got lost in the back end when trying to create profiles or link old profiles to a new NH Gives Day. The campaigns were visible but not the Giving Days. Also, when navigating between campaigns and giving days, users (both P2P fundraisers and donors) often got redirected to the main organization page, NOT the NH Gives page, so donations were not counted towards our giving day totals, to our detriment in prize distribution.

Diane from Jannus Inc

Multi program fundraisiung

As part of a statewide fundraising day, Give Gab provided a very good platform. For complex organizations like mine it was not ideal to have all the fundraisers on one page but separating them wasn't practical either. Overall it was a good experience.

Pros

The ease of use in setting up pages was very good. I had over ten fundraising events going at one time. Data collected by system very helpful and usable. Customer service very helpful.

Cons

The most important element of the ask is in the info page about your story. I found that the editing and formatting capabilities of the 'story' section' was poor and often difficulty to understand what you could manipulate. Photos did not format well with text layout. Some of the formatting of uploaded logos or other placed items that were preset didn't work well with images. Eventually could scale and shrink to work.

Barbara from Discovery Developmental Center

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Give Gab is a great resource for nonprofit fundraising!

Pros

Our nonprofit education center uses Give Gab once a year as part of a local giving campaign. Even though I do not regularly interact with their software, I find it easy to use and navigate. They save my information from year to year, which makes it quick and easy to update our profile for the current year's giving campaign. Their training webinars offer useful information and are not too long! I like how much we can customize on our giving profile, and that we can show donor names and the progress toward our goal live throughout the 24-hour giving campaign. Afterward, Give Gab allows me to export all of the donor data as an excel spreadsheet, which makes it easy to write thank-you notes and collect data so we can compare the success of the event from year to year. Great software!

Cons

I cannot think of any negative aspects of Give Gab: it works well for our annual giving campaign!

Ben from DeKalb County Community Foundation

GiveGab/Giving Day

Pros

GiveGab offers a visually interesting and reliable platform that maintains cohesive branding for our giving day throughout the website. The site is usable for nonprofit organizations, donors, and for those who are site administers.

Cons

Some aspects of the platform may be considered a little counter-intuitive, especially for those who may not be used to online transactions. At this point, people expect the flawless checkout experience offered by top online brands. That's what people are used to when shopping and donating online is no different. Fortunately, GiveGab continues to make enhancements to strive for the best virtual donation experience.

Reasons for Choosing GiveGab

Price, functionality, security, stability, focus on customer service, and project management support.

Katie from PBS

Industry: Broadcast Media

Perfect for what we need

This allows us to see donations come in real time and run reports quite easily. We're really happy how this has streamlined online giving for us.

Pros

We fundraise over here and this is the online donation platform we utilize. We had gone through a few different programs, but this is the one we settled on because of easy and seamless implementation and user friendliness.

Cons

We haven't been using it long enough for me to identify things we don't like. This is by far much better than what we had been using, so we have no complaints at this point.

Scott from The Nonprofit Council

GiveGab Rocks!

Pros

that it is easy for our nonprofits to utilize as well as give a great donor experience. we survey our donors each year during the event and they tell us it's easy to donate to multiple nonprofits and discover new ones from the nonprofit pages.

Cons

I can't think of one feature that I dislike about the software/platform! It is robust, dynamic, clean and easy for donors to navigate as well as for the admins of the participating nonprofits (and those of us organizers as well!).

Reasons for Choosing GiveGab

The look and functionality for starters - then, we pulled a Tech Committee together to review the companies their software, fail-safe and security behind the platform. Based on those and phone interviews with the CTO and CEO of each company, the committee scored all equally and one company rose above the rest - GiveGab!

Reasons for Switching to GiveGab

In 2016 the software/platform had a major nationwide outage that devastated our giving day - we still find ourselves recovering from the loss that year in many ways.

Katie from Wichita Collegiate School

Great experience two years in a row!

GiveGab has been fantastic! They built a beautiful site with running stats that kept us and our constituents informed throughout our Day of Giving. They have made our reporting far easier for that day. Their customer service is second to none - available, kind, helpful, entrepreneurial!

Pros

GiveGab took our Day of Giving to the next level with running stats on the homepage that enabled givers to see the progress throughout the day. We loved it as staff implementing the day, and our constituents loved the look of the site and the ease with which they could check in on stats.

Cons

Our biggest complaint has been the fee structure associated with using GiveGab. Our donors have not been connected in the past to credit card fees that come with giving a gift online, so seeing the fee was a surprise in that way and then additionally because the fee is higher through GiveGab. That's not really a software issue, though - just the price of doing business!

Bob from St. Norbert College

GiveGab Review

Very good... had we not moved to an all-encompasing software package, we would still be using this product.

Pros

Ease of implementation Support was awesome Cost was affordable Very easy to use

Cons

Still in infancy stage meaning some needs were designed as we moved along

Cost and ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to GiveGab

Better product for what our industry needs (CRM).

Nancy from Love INC Boise

The concept is great!

Pros

Great opportunity for the community and the state of Idaho to generate visibility. The visual presentation is very nice.

Cons

The 'Add Your Story' page works OK but could use more work on the Formatting, as it was difficult to add columns and when placing the Cover Photo, I had to go back and forth to get the image and wording the way I wanted it. Also, it was difficult to figure out where and how the 'Manage Sponsor Matching' appeared on this page. it would be nice to have an easier way to see the names of the donors internally. Is there also a way to add those donors who donate cash? I attempted to get help from your customer service dept, but they never called me back when they said they would be notifying people about extra incentives.

Sarah from KLRU-TV, Austin PBS

Industry: Philanthropy

Easy to use, but not without flaws

Pros

I do a lot of donor gift entry and being able to download reports and manipulate them with ease.

Cons

It's been difficult to switch our donors to EFT donations (have lost many in the conversion). Also the bank statements do not display our organization's name consistently (will say GiveGab) which confuses our donors.

Britta from Friends of Scotchman Peaks Wilderness

Our experience with GiveGab has been positive overall.

Pros

It's easy to customize our non-profit's page, and navigation is relatively straightforward. We also like the option for donors to cover the cost of the transaction fees so we get the full donation they intend. Although, the button to do that could be bigger. We've had folks miss it in the past.

Cons

Getting our donor's information has not worked how it should. Whenever I click export, I never get the email. I have double checked my email address and my spam/junk folder and it just never shows up. Also, while remembering credit card info works well for online donations for individuals, it doesn't work great for in-person events centered around our state's day of giving. Having something like a "I'm done donating, please forget my credit card data" button would help us move on to the next attendee who would like to donate using our tablet or laptop.

Rachel from Smith College

Easy to work!

I was able to raise funds for my campaign!

Pros

Cons

None! As stated in the previous comments, I found the software easy to use- I do not know of anyone in my group who had issues either.

Carla from Boys & Girls Club of Bandera County

We have been a part of the Big Give annual online fundraising for the past two years

Pros

It provides invaluable donor information, as we begin to focus and build our donor database management system for the 1st time. The customer support is extremely knowledgeable, and quick to respond. There has not been a single time they have not offered a workable answer to a question or dilemma we have had. There was not a single glitch in the system during the 2 Big Give online giving days from the San Antonio market that was noticeable or troublesome to the nonprofits that participated.

Cons

The ability for our P2P fundraisers to set up their specific fundraising pages have seemed to be our biggest downfall, but that is not necessarily GiveGab's problem...they have presented a fairly straightforward process, intimidation/lack of computer knowledge is most likely our issue.

Have had very quick, helpful responses from customer support and I appreciate the ease of use.

Pros

It's easy to use. I appreciate the ability to quickly make a fundraising campaign that is fairly customizable and looks great. We've had great interactions with the GiveGab support team when we've run into issues or questions.

Cons

I wish it was a bit more flexible. For example, we'd love to use it for a separate donation page (e.g. become a member) that doesn't tie us to a end date or goal as a campaign page does. Would also like more options for embedding donation forms on our own website, so we could for example include a general donation and a "become a sustaining member" donation form on one page.

Elizabeth from Community Foundation of Orange & Sullivan

CFOS Review

Our experience has been very positive. Their customer support team is always there to help, and is open to suggestions for improving the software which makes us feel valued.

Pros

CFOS likes the flexibility of the software which allows us to use it for a variety of purposes for our diverse mix of component funds. It is also helpful that each administrator can log in and make changes without our help.

Cons

We are very happy with this software and do not have anything to share here.

Reasons for Choosing GiveGab

We had a long relationship with our Giving Day (Hudson Valley Gives) and that made it a no brainer.

Shauna from NY Youth Symphony

I love the platform, but the cost is high in terms of the subscription pricing and fees

Pros

Cons

The fees charged are a bit much. Initially we had to use it to be part of NY Gives Day and it was free. Then the next year we were charged a lot, even though on that day Facebook made all donations free of charge. So we had spent countless hours creating a beautiful page on GiveGab but then because of all the fees most of our efforts went towards encouraging donations through facebook to avoid the large fees. The customer service people did not seem to care about this.

Nikki from City of Light Consulting

Regular user, supports clients' fundraising

Pros

Great interface, easy to manage multiple clients, attractive donor experience, helpful customer service.

Cons

Can be among the most expensive tools on the market. Occasionally has tech glitches or user experience hang ups typical in young ords.