• Pros

• "Ease of use. You don't need a training to use the software. Support is great, helping with any questions or issues you may have. "

• "Easy to use, great customer service/support, and it really helps me keep track of what is next on my to-do list"

• "I like the "Reports" function of the program. It has been helpful in letting us see the Big Picture of our Grants program."

• Cons

• "I wish there were an easier way to delete old users but that's about it. Also it's pricey - but definitely an important expense so I turn in grants on time."

• "Since I am new to this arena, I have no comparisons for which to judge this product. Therefore I have no least likes at this time."

• "Nothing! It is very user friendly, has a great reminder system and keeps track of everything!!"

Browse GrantHub Reviews

Molly from Purple Ink

Game Changer for Grants and Grantwriters!

Pros

GrantHub replaced all the spreadsheets, file folders, lists and messy methods I have tried to streamline grant writing over my 15 years in the business. It's intuitive, easy to use and accessible by all in the process who need to see/approve/add information. It tracks stages--from "I just heard this idea" to research to writing to submitted and more. The information is saved forever--it won't be lost when a person leaves the position or changes jobs. The deadline feature is wonderful, too. No more paper notes, shared calenders or missed deadlines. As a grant writer, I can have one login and access multiple clients--super efficient and good for the organization as well, since they give me access and can take it away if they ever choose to. This software is constantly improving its capabilities and the support team welcomes suggestions and ideas.

Cons

I'm not sure I really have many things I don't like. My only "warning" is to watch out what sort of access is given to whom. Not frequently, but I have worked with a few organizations where the grant writing process can be micromanaged by people who really don't need to be in the details. For example, board members should be aware of grants in process and grants submitted but (in my opinion) should not have the ability to read/edit/revise applications just because they can get access. Also, I'm happy that GrantHub continues to add new reporting options--it is the one area I feel like will benefit from a few more options so writers and administrators can share progress and success with boards and others.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied April 2018

Thanks so much for your review, Molly! Your thoughtful feedback will be a great asset to other grantseekers looking for tools to streamline their grant process.

Evan from Legal Aid of Western Missouri

Inexpensive, high-quality. Great customer service; customer input is heard & used to improve product

Pros

GrantHub is affordable, high-quality, and easy-to-use. I love how responsive GrantHub's customer service staff is to questions and customer input. I was impressed to learn that they keep record of all suggestions and feedback from customers (I learned this when GrantHub staff asked if I'd be willing to discuss some past suggestions I'd made, but I'd forgotten what I'd suggested; the staff person had them all on file and we went through them over the phone). They really try to make their product work for the people who are using the product, and many of the updates have addressed issues identified by customers. I love that they take the time to work with and talk to their customers in order to learn how their product can be better.

Cons

Since it's a newer grant management software compared to some, it doesn't have as many features as other software. For instance, GrantHub does not have any privacy settings to limit who can or cannot view certain information. However, the staff has said they are working on implementing this feature and many other features that customers have requested. Also, if a certain feature isn't available in GrantHub but a customer expresses a need for it, GrantHub staff often has creative ideas to at least partially meet the customer's need for a feature until that feature is available through GrantHub. For example, I mentioned my need for privacy settings on some of the documents I upload to GrantHub, and their staff suggested to me that, while I'm waiting for this feature to be available, I can password-protect confidential documents before I upload them to GrantHub, then share the password(s) with those who are allowed to access the documents.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied May 2018

Thanks for your review! We're happy to hear you've had a positive experience with our support and providing feedback. We strive for continual improvement based on what we hear from our users.

Stephany from Save The Bay

Industry: Environmental Services

Bringing GrantHub in to our Grants Management at our organization was program-changing!

This has streamlined our entire grants management system. We used to use an Excel form with drop down filters. Now it is so much easier to link grants with funders year over year, track gifts by funder, and program. It's just been such a time saver for us to use GrantHub. The ability to track deadlines, tasks, and follow up actions within the opportunities has been a lifesaver - we no longer have multiple calendars going with due dates/deadlines/tasks and everything lives in one place. The email reminders for these have been critical to our punctuality in getting asks and reports out the door!

Pros

*Ease of entering funders & opportunities * Ease of tracking grant status - research, in progress, pending, awarded, denied * Ease of tracking tasks associated with grants - we never miss a report deadline now * Automatic email reminders when grant due dates and task due dates are approaching. * Ability for multiple users to make the system their own * Quick reporting * Price Point!!! * Customer service is out of this world.

Cons

* For how we get federal grants and contracts, I do wish there was a better way to track those of what is in house/out of house/has been billed v. to be billed. * I wish there was an and function on reporting - so I could pull things from two categories - Like FY and Program area - but that's how we report as an organization. It's just pulling everything to excel and resorting that makes it a pain but still gets the same data. * I wish there was a way to save report templates/formats in the system - so if I always run the same report format, I wish it would just save that and update with the data with the new date I'm running the report.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied July 2018

Thank you for your providing your detailed feedback for other grantseekers. We really appreciate your time!

Pam from A Touch of Understanding, Inc.

We use GrantHub to inventory and track our grants. Overall, the program has been helpful.

Pros

Cons

There still are some "funky" parts of the program that I don't like. For instance, if you forget to "save" all the data that you have input and you go to another window then the data is lost. A final reminder would be helpful: "are you sure "

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied July 2018

Hi Pam! Glad you are finding GrantHub helpful. We are releasing an update in the next month that should address the suggestions you list! Let us know if you still have issues. Take care and keep the feedback coming!

Kim from Anderson Interfaith Ministries, Inc (AIM)

Excellent option for managing grant activity scheduling, assigning, tracking, and reporting.

They are an excellent company to deal with, very responsive to customer needs, and very well priced for the benefits.

Pros

It saves me a great deal of time and makes me more efficient. It increased my productivity by more than 50%.

Cons

Occasionally, the server demand gets overloaded and the software responds a bit slowly. Foundant has set a timer on inactive logins which automatically logs you out after a certain amount of time inactive and this fix has reduced this problem greatly.

Reasons for Choosing GrantHub

It was a very simplified format which could be easily used by others, it was very cost effective, and it tracked all that I needed and more. We maintain financial documentation in Quickbooks and I did not need my grant software to do that.

Lauren from PathPoint

Grant Hub is relatively easy to learn and use compared to other databases. I highly recommend it.

Organization, reports, tracking, some customization, easy-to-use

Pros

I like how comprehensive the features are for each funder and opportunity. I can track almost everything I need to- when the grant proposal is due, if it's rolling, the project name, the report due date etc. Plus, I can roll all of this into reports. Grant Hub is very intuitive and easy to use. much more so than a CRM or database like Raiser's Edge.

Cons

The only feature I wish the software had was the ability to set reoccurring opportunities. It's not enough for me to just "copy" the task or opportunity because it copies it once. A lot of our grant proposals have the same due day every year for years. We want the ability to project those due dates for the next 3-5 years.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied July 2018

Hi Lauren, Thanks for the feedback on handling recurring grants. We've heard that before and I added your vote for the enhancements. Our 'Copy' only does one at a time and is the best solution right now. But you can also work with us to export and then import your recurring opportunities for multiple years into your account. Reach out to us if you want to do that.

Julie from Pion Grant Solutions

Foundant for Grantseekers Review

I have been extremely pleased with my dealings with Foundant. I very much appreciate their regular check-ins to see how the software is working for me and to seek input into their development process. Thier webinars for grant professionals are top rate, and I have benefitted from the professional development. The fact that they offer these for no extra cost to the client seals the deal with me. I am a customer for the life of my career!

Pros

GrantHub is a comprehensive grant writer's tool that is invaluable to my work as a grant writing and management consultant. It allows me to track each grant opportunity from research to submission, and on through grant management. The task calendaring feature means I don't miss a beat with deadlines and follow up reporting. The Reports feature facilitates easy grants activity reporting to my clients. I can also add writers in order to assign and track tasks easily, making client and project management a breeze. .

Cons

Can't think of a single think I don't like!

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied December 2018

Thank you for the feedback on your favorite features Julie! And we are glad that you get value from our educational webinars too.

Will from Juvenile Protective Association

A Lifesaver

Our grantseeking lives are 100% better since subscribing to GrantHub. Automating due dates alone has saved us the loss of more than one grant, and keeping necessary information all in one place saves hours of time when looking for needed statistics or descriptions of programs for grant applications. I've also found GrantHub's staff to be not only highly responsive but also incredibly personable. It's a pleasure to talk with them when we need something done.

Pros

It effortlessly combines categories of information that used to be housed in different locations and different media (paper, electronic; Excel, Google, Word) so I can easily refer to grantors, information about them, our grant history, my notes, deadlines, and so on. As a beginner in the grant-seeking world (although with over 40 years of work experience), I can't praise GrantHub enough; it makes me look like a genius.

Cons

Sometimes I'd like to see the different slots (Opportunities/Funders/Notes/Deadlines, etc.) be a little more connected so I don't have to switch back and forth so much, but this is a minor note in the grand scheme of things.

Rosalina from Parent Institute for Quality Education

Very complete software for tracking nonprofit grants fundraising

Our nonprofit is able to easily tack 200+ grants at their various stages including, steward, follow up, apply for grant, submit proposal, and submit grant reports on time. Also are 10+ offices' Executive Directors are able to also track their regional grant opportunities.

Pros

The ease of use is the simplest. I also love their customer service, no additional charge for it, and always there to help you through. Features and functionality allow for easy tracking of over 200+ grant opportunities annually and follow up. They allow for multiple viewers which allows for our multiple regional offices Executive Directors to also be in the know of their local grant opportunities statuses.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied November 2017

Thank you Rosalina! We are happy that you are able to track your many grant opportunities and keep your team informed about what is happening. And I'll pass along your appreciation to our support team. They love helping our customers out.

Emily from Western Washington University

GrantHub has solved my problem of how to organize information about past and potential funders.

Major benefits: * Confidence that I am staying on top of deadlines. * A convenient place to store information about potential funders while I am researching them. * I am just starting to use GrantHub to share information with colleagues who are responsible for some grant writing or reporting tasks.

Pros

GrantHub is structured just right to keep track of past foundation awards and upcoming opportunities. I am using the Categories field to match grant opportunities with various programs and projects of our University. Customer support is friendly and knowledgeable, and available quickly through Chat. The organization expresses eagerness to respond to customer suggestions to improve the software, and recently announced that changes had been made in response to requests.

Cons

I would like more flexibility in Reports, including an option to display additional fields in a standard report and an option to create a custom report by choosing any fields. I have requested the Calendar Tool add an option to move year-to-year in addition to month-to-month, and I will learn more about the organization by seeing the response to this request.

Diane from Jannus Inc

Grant Hub saves me so much time, organizes my efforts and helps me demonstrate my impact

I have a much better way to describe our grant seeking success to my CEO and board. Now I always report # grants awarded and dollars awarded. To illustrate last year I had 52% of grants awarded and 48% denied; but, 82% of the dollars awarded and only 18% of the dollars denied. One of these alone wouldn't tell the story. I submitted 135 grants last year, up 18% over the previous year. Grant hub helped my efficiency and I think is partly responsible for my ability to get more done. Also, I see better coordination with my fiscal department and gradually, program directors are looking to Grant Hub to see opportunities that I have identified. We're also capturing more small grants that programs were applying for on their own but weren't recorded anywhere. Overall, much improved system of grant info for our organization. I feel a lot better knowing if or when I leave my job, there will be a great history for all things grant related. Important tool for succession planning.

Pros

One place to organize all grant related materials. Gives us a great historical archive of grant efforts which are quite significant in a large organization. We have 20 programs and a 43 year history. A place for all program directors to go for updated information. Shared access means my financial team in always in the know on grant efforts and we can coordinate our grant development work flow. The reminders for tasks have helped immeasurably, keeping the process going especially on large grant applications with a team. Reporting functions have been terrific for board reports.

Cons

When I need to update one piece of information from the opportunity view; like change from in progress to submitted, I have to go into the opportunity detail. I would love to have a way to make simple updates from the spread sheet rather than going into each opportunity. When I run reports I find errors in my data (that I input incorrectly usually or a date auto filled) that can impact a report. I think any instruction or updates on how to insure quality data, like in any data system would be helpful. In the ETO system, if you are familiar, you can download an excel sheet and then make corrections and upload to update a number of items at once. One way I would use this for instance, on the rolling deadline grants, I usually put a date about 6-12 months out. I have to keep pushing the dates out further if we don't submit that one. I can have a dozen or more at one time that I need to push dates out on but have to do them one at a time. I really like the category field to show up on the opportunity search; maybe the column for funder could be smaller making room for category. I use it a lot.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied November 2017

Thank you Diane! We appreciate the suggestions and ideas. Also - Congratulations on submitting more grants over the previous year. You are awesome and we are honored to be part of your grant team.

Stacy from Parent Trust for Washington Children

Makes it easy keep up with many deadlines for applications & reports (both immediate and long term)

Pros

I can set up email reminders for myself and others in our organization. When prospecting for new grant applications, I can file due dates into GrantHub and feel relieved to not have to remember when they will be due. I really rely on GrantHub to remind me, and it always does! I can customize timing of receiving email reminders depending on my preference for how many days or weeks ahead of the due date. It is quick to enter a potential funder and task. I often include newly found opportunities that have rolling deadlines (even ones that we may or may not pursue). GrantHub is great for just putting it all in there and then having the freedom to move due dates around as the workload changes. It is also great for planning around vacations/breaks. Sometimes it feels like everything is due today! However, with GrantHub you can see the list of deadlines and feel better knowing you have a plan.

Cons

I wish the automatically generated reports met my individual needs. I can get the information I need by downloading an Excel file and then deleting all of the columns I don't want. It is a little time consuming. I need my reports organized by date submitted and date awarded or declined. The automatically generated reports are sorted by due date, and that just doesn't help me so much. I also wish I could navigate through my list of funders by alphabet instead of by page number. In the past, I had issues with not being able to log in, but that seems to be resolved now.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied May 2018

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to provide our thoughtful feedback on the solution and are happy to hear it's working well for you!

Heather from Family & Community Services, Inc.

GrantHub has helped our agency organize over 300 grants and funding sources with over 20 staff users

Pros

GrantHub is very user friendly. I love how each opportunity is organized, so that you can store all of the information, including PDF's and word docs, related to each grant in one place. It makes it very easy for agencies that have staff in multiple locations and/or satellite offices. It is also a nice back up in the case that staff leave, information is lost, etc. It is easy to filter and sort through to get the information you're looking for, and even allows you space to store grant related documents and boilerplates. Also has nice report pulling features.

Cons

GrantHub is on the slower side, so it takes a while for pages to load. It also isn't customizable yet, so there are some settings we would like to adjust that would make use on our end a lot easier, but aren't able to do yet. Also, I wish the main opportunities page held more information such as grant terms, program (opportunity category) name, etc. so that it was easier to look at stuff without having to open each grant. Lastly, as the administrator, I would like to get notification emails when someone adds an opportunity. It makes it hard for me to keep up with current statuses.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied November 2017

Hi Heather, Thank you for the review and feedback. I will put your suggestions into our system and consider them as we plan our updates for the next year. I'm glad you are seeing the benefits of having everything accessible to your team - we will keep your suggestions in mind for future updates.

September 2016

Julie from Education for Action Idaho

September 2016

GrantHub for nonprofits

GrantHub changed fundraising in our office. It made it so much more efficient and allowed users to work from remote locations and still communicate effectively. GrantHub took the worry out of ever missing a deadline or searching for notes on a particular client. It was all stored neatly into an online system that was available from any computer 24/7.

Pros

I love the team behind the product, you know them by name. Their customer service is superb as they are always available to guide you through any piece of the application. Best part, they actually listen to their customers and incorporate your suggestions and desires into their ongoing upgrades, so the product you are paying for actually gets better and better during your contract without a rate increase.

Cons

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied September 2016

Thank you for your review Julie! We enjoying helping our customers with their grant fundraising and getting great ideas on how to improve our products and services. Keep the ideas coming!

Evan from Legal Aid of Western Missouri

Out-of-this-world customer support!

The customer support has been outstanding. The "chat" feature is one of my favorite things about GrantHub because a friendly staff person is always immediately available and provides a quick, simple solution to any question or issue I have. There are a few features I'd like to see implemented that would expand how I'm able to use GrantHub... one of which is privacy settings on documents and such for certain opportunities. Having privacy settings for opportunities would enable me to upload documents, such as budgets that show staff salaries, to an opportunity so that it is readily available for the project leader that has access to it.

Pros

Cons

I wish there was a visual deadline calendar (not just a list of deadlines, but an actual monthly calendar showing deadlines). I also wish there were privacy settings for opportunities/tasks/documents.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied February 2017

Thank you for the input Evan. We have received these suggestions before and I will update our suggestion database with additional votes based on your feedback. And thank for letting us know how much you enjoy the chat feature. We take calls and email support as well - but have found that most of our customers get hooked on the chat once they try it! Thanks again.

mic from rcc

Foundant is an excellent software!

Support for internal collaboration, improved records retrieval across departments, easy transitional access to records for "new" employees, and a complete tracking system for deadlines

Pros

It is so easy to use, it brings multiple departments to the same page- one set of records for quick reference, one data source, one deadline tracking software- and allows for tasks to be set per award! And the customer support is STELLAR!!! If you have a question- they are patient and extremely helpful!

Cons

I would appreciate a new feature- a separate tab for each opportunity for "due dates" and tracking reviews and "approvals" "signature approval dates". Where administration could actually receive an email to "review and approve" or "decline with comments" and it would be dated so I know when to move forward. That would be a great feature! "On line" approval of outgoing and incoming awards to support internal process flow, but I might be the only user who would want this!

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied June 2018

Thanks so much for your review! We'll be sure to pass along your feedback to the team.

Shannon from Consulting Connections, Inc.

Thoughts from a Professional Grant Writer: How did I Manage Before GrantHub?

As a professional grant writer and trainer who's been in business for over 20 years, I developed my own way of tracking grants. My method worked very well over the years so well, if fact that I shared it with my workshop participants and integrated it into my guidebook on writing grants. About a year ago, however, I was introduced to GrantHub; coincidentally, my volume of grants I was writing had increased, meaning my method was becoming obsolete. So I took the plunge. I went from my "manual" grant tracking to GrantHub, and I'll never look back. The features I like best? Its seamless way of enabling the grant writer to track deadlines (by offering email reminders, which are hard to ignore); the feature that allows the grant writer to upload documents for each section of any grant for any funder. There's no limit to how many documents you can maintain under each funder's page. And...this is really cool...the user can open the documents on the GrantHub page, so you don't have to go back to your desktop and open the document through your computer. It's all there for you in one location. The notes and tasks section of the funder's page has compelled me to take better notes and not trust my memory; and for a person with ADHD, that's priceless. Another plus. Simply by clicking on the icon for Guide Star, you can go to any funder's Form 990, which is where you will get most of the information you need to start building your library. This program does not cost; it saves. Valuable time. On-schedule submissions. Tracking of tasks through email. Okay. So I might sound like an employee of GrantHub. I am not, but I certainly am a fan! Try it; you'll like it! And one more thing. Your privacy and confidentiality are secure. Don't worry about your notes. No one will read them but you. Happy grant writing!

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied March 2017

Thank you Shannon for the great comments. I appreciate you writing about how useful GrantHub can be for consultants as well as nonprofits. We love having you as a fan!

Peggy from Depaul USA

Managing Grants

I love this software. It has really helped me to manage grant income, deadlines for application and reports. I think that because I use Firefox the system is sometimes slow (ease of use) but lately the software has been very responsive. I would request that more reports could be generated (overall quality) but GrantHub is a great tool for development. There are functions that I know I haven't used to their full potential. At this point, I cannot live without GrantHub!

Pros

Ability to keep track of grants, deadlines for applications, reporting, adding funders, keeping information about all of the funders and their giving history.

Cons

I would like if their were more reporting options.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied March 2017

Thanks Peggy! We have enjoyed your feedback in the past and I will let our team know about the occasional slowness you see in Firefox so we keep an eye on that. And we have some more reports on our list to add to the product. Stay tuned!

User friendly, accurate info, great support

I needed a simple software to organize and track my grants and prospects. I came into a practice where tracking was manual and extremely time consuming. I looked at other programs and all were very time consuming to learn. This software is so easy. I was able to load most of my grants in in a couple of hours. and now I can glance at due dates and handle the pipeline with far less stress.

Pros

This is a VERY user friendly software; very intuitive and easy to learn. I was able to input and use data immediately. Great reports. In my busy practive I don't have extensive time to learn a new program and this made the using the tool a time saving event.

Cons

So far I can see I would like to explore different ways of seperating funder info, and reports.But I haven't had adaquate time to really get into these.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied December 2018

Thank you for your review. We strive to keep GrantHub's interface intuitive and easy to use. Also - let us know if you need any help in separating funder information or reporting on your grants. Being able to set up your own funder categories makes this really easy to do!

Melissa from Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota

Granthub is a great project management tool, as well as a database. We work better because of it!

Pros

Granthub helps us to effectively track the proposal preparation process, collaborate with multiple individuals in an organized way, and to never miss a deadline.

Cons

It does not appear that Granthub sends task reminders when changes are made to the task or to the owner. This would be helpful.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied July 2018

Hi Melissa, Thanks for the feedback. We updated GrantHub earlier this year to send a notification to the task owner if changes are made to the task. Thanks for sending in your feedback - it helps us prioritize our roadmap!

Jane from The Art of the Nonprofit

It's great to have a software product actually designed to track grant funding.

Pros

Having all of our grant work for multiple clients in one place that my remote staff can all access. Being able to track our success rate easily.

Cons

Not really a problem with the software, but I have difficulty finding the time to keep everything up to date. As a result, I don't think we are getting as much benefit from the software as we potentially could.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied July 2018

Hi Jane, Thank you for your feedback. We will continue to look for ways to automate updating/inputting of information.

Dotti from Vine Maple Place

Excellent software and superior customer service

GrantHub has saved me hours of work from the previous way I was tracking with spreadsheets and documents. The project planning and management is perfect - assigning tasks with due dates to different team members. One of the best things is the Answer Library that has helped our whole team unify on communication templates to the public (like goals and outcomes). It has also provided a bank of institutional knowledge that can be easily maintained and accessed. I highly recommend this software and this company - the best customer service ever!

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied February 2017

Thank you for the review Dotti! We truly enjoy the opportunity to interact with our customers on the chat line, during our educational webinars and whenever we can meet up with you at our events! It's the best part of what we do here at Foundant Technologies!

Kymberlie from Youth Rise Texas

Well-organized, great customer services

Multiple people within the organization call all be working independently and collaboratively on our funding strategy with ease. Keeping a record of what's happened with each grant is extremely useful.

Pros

Structured enough to make our records much more organized, but with enough flexibility to allow us to customize to our needs.

Cons

No great way to create records for rolling deadline grants No quick way to search where donors are located (have to export files to a spreadsheet then sort)

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied July 2018

Thank you for the feedback. I am tracking your suggestions into our idea bank for future consideration! On the funder location idea - many customers put entries into the 'areas of interest' field. That way they can filter on the funder location and/or what regions the funder gives to. But I can see that using the address fields for location would be a great idea. Thanks again!

Jackie from A New Leaf, Inc.

Grant Hub is a Huge Time Saver

Time saving, easier to collaborate with my team and other people throughout my agency, and a more organized way to store information.

Pros

I love that you can copy an opportunity and that contact information is automatically loaded for each opportunity. This saves me a lot of time and repetitive typing . The report feature is excellent and great to bring to your yearly review! Customer service is excellent--they are very responsive. Our agency has many subsidiaries and setting up different accounts for each was easy with staff assistance.

Cons

I have yet to find something I don't like about this software. I enjoy how easy it is to toggle between different agencies.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied November 2017

Thanks Jackie! We are happy you are enjoying GrantHub! Let us know if you ever find something you would like us to add!

Jan from Dynamic Forms Inc. DBA Mark DeGarmo Dance

Industry: Performing Arts

Real people answer real concerns of real users in real time. "Customer Service" is real at Foundant.

I did not have to invent or design a spreadsheet to track progress on researching, working on, submitting, and following up on grants.

Pros

It is possible to gather a vast amount of information from various sources that are both directly and indirectly related to my fundraising efforts. The system allows cross-population of data and fields, customizing of reports, and various methods of tracking progress.

Cons

There are some features that seem like common-sense to the software designers, but not to the actual user. For example, if a funder has a rolling deadline, the software requires the user to put in a deadline. It forces the user to enter data which isn't actual or real or useable. Staff are responsive, but slow to make changes that would lower the frustration factor and speed up and increase practicability.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied July 2018

Thank you for leaving feedback for other grantseekers! Your time is appreciated. We do take pride in our customer service!

Sharon from Catholic Inner-city Schools Education Fund (CISE)

Industry: Fund-Raising

Makes Grant Writing so Easy

I love the answer bank. It is easy to set up, update and access. I use it every single time I write a grant or grant report. I also love the customer support that is always available through the chat feature. My questions are answered as soon as I ask them. Instant gratification. There is so much more I can do with Grant Hub. I need to find the time to update all my information and deadlines. I plan to retire in the next year and this will be so valuable to the person who takes my place. It will make the transition so much easier.

Pros

Makes it so much easier to write grants.

Cons

So far I have not figured out a way to input years of past grant information.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied February 2017

Hi Sharon - I am going to have someone from our customer success team reach out to you. We offer a import service of your funders and past grants at no additional charge. So we can help you get your past information loaded into GrantHub. You can also enter them one by one by adding a new opportunity and just setting the dates in the past. But why do that if we can help import! Thanks for the review.

Julie from Rodda Consulting

I have been using GrantHub for 10 months and have found it incredibly helpful for grant seeking.

Haven't missed a single deadline since I enrolled. I like having a pool of funder names, contacts and information available no matter where I'm working from.

Pros

What I like most? The ability to set deadlines, reminders and include others in as necessary. With multiple clients , juggling dozens of deadlines over a 2-3 month window, it keeps me from missing important details. At times, reminders are my best friend!

Cons

Having to save/close one window before opening another--example: Inserting a new opportunity, identifying the 'funder' or 'funder contact'. I can't click on that and fill details there, I have to save, close, open funder contact/info and create a new funder as a separate function. Once that funder is created, it's great, but it is a side step when working in an opportunity.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied November 2017

Hi Julie, Thanks for the suggestion of making the flow of adding new opportunities/funders/contacts easier. We added a link to add a funder quickly - but you are right, if you want to add a contact for that funder at the same time - you do have to set that up separately. I'll take this back to the team and see if we can streamline it. Thanks again!

Sarah from YMCA of Orange County

Great tool. This had made grant tracking and managing deadlines so much easier!

Pros

Cons

Wish there was a way to track if checks have been received yet, what account it was deposited in, and where the funds could be allocated to or restrictions on the grant. Basically more options for managing a restricted grant once awarded.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied July 2018

Thanks Sarah! The ability to track payments/receipts for awarded grants is a great extension to GrantHub's functionality. Thanks for letting us know you are interested in it!

Kristen from 180 Turning Lives Around

Definitely makes it easier to track deadlines and awards.

Pros

I really like that I can access it from any computer so I don't necessarily have to be in the office to view it or make updates. I also like that I can add as many funders as I need to. It's very user friendly and pretty intuitive.

Cons

The site can be slow to load at times, and clicking between the various pages can go slow as well. I also wish their were a few more customization options.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied July 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback on GrantHub! We'll pass your comments about load time to our team.

Kim from Anderson Interfaith Ministries, Inc

I love Grant Hub. It makes it so much easier to keep track of all aspects of my work with a funder.

Pros

I like the ability to query my data, which I couldn't effectively do with my spreadsheets. However, they took my spreadsheets and uploaded them into their system so I instantly had two years of history in my database. They are willing and eager to look at customer suggestions and try to improve the system.

Cons

They are gaining clients so quickly that sometimes there is a lag in the system response time. They are working to upgrade their system to combat this effect.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied September 2017

Hi Kim! Thank you for the review! I'm glad you are enjoying GrantHub and able to dig into your grant history. Its nice to compare your efforts to previous years! Thank you for the feedback - keep it coming!

Michael from Texas Diaper Bank

GrantHub has been such a wonderful, efficient way to capture our nonprofit's grant data.

To view financial data quickly, as well as store relationship and stewardship data.

Pros

GrantHub is awesome for creating data centered around just grant data! No other management system focuses on just this.

Cons

While GrantHub accomplishes the basics of what our organization needs, GrantHub doesn't always capture the details in the way we necessarily need. Perhaps the reports we need are highly custom. However, when possible, the GrantHub team has managed to help out in they way it can.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied November 2017

Thank you Micheal for the review and feedback. We appreciate your input for more reporting features and will definitely consider that for future updates.

Blair from GirlForward

GrantHub is great and helps me stay on top of deadlines!

Pros

It's very intuitive and keeps all the information that I need. I like that I can have it send me reminders to do certain tasks, and that you can connect to Guidestar and look up foundation information.

Cons

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied July 2018

Thank you for your feedback and input Blair! We will add another vote to the suggestion of deleting or archiving past users. We are considering this for future updates of GrantHub.

Kelly from High Museum of Art

I've been a user for about a year and use GrantHub as my primary deadline tracker.

Pros

I enjoy that you can add as much or as little information about funders as you'd like. And that the deadlines can all be customized.

Cons

The homepage/dashboard is a little busy visually. I wonder if there's a better way to streamline things?

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied June 2018

Thank you for your review! Glad to hear the system is working well for you. We'll be sure to share your feedback with the team.

Lisa from Charleston Animal Society

Having all of our grant obligations organized in one place means never missing a deadline again!

I truly could not manage all of our commitments without GrantHub. The ease of reporting, assigning tasks and entering deadlines makes my job so much easier in communicating with our resource team. Creating a grant strategy is critical to increasing organizational capacity and GrantHub enabled me to do it without a struggle. The trainings offered via free webinars are the icing on the cake!

Pros

I think it's the user friendly features. The well thought out tabs offering such tools as tasks, reports, a handy library for our best answers and organizational information. No matter how large or small your non-profit is, GrantHub will save you time. The affordability of GrantHub makes it an easy sell to any board or CFO. Lastly, the tech support chat feature. Everyone is extremely knowledgeable and responsive to questions no matter how simple the fix. That makes it easy to learn!

Bret from The COPD Foundation

GrantHub has been a valuable tool in the short time we have been using it.

Pros

It's very easy to use and to navigate around the site. It allows us to have a centralized location for all of our grant activities, something we've never had before. I like the ability to generate reports quickly and to store information in the answers library.

Cons

I wish there was a way to customize the system to make it most effective for my needs. I would love the ability to determine on my own what fields should be required and what fields should not. Also, it would be great if I could add fields to the existing template, specifically regarding grant awards. For example, while it helps to show the total grant amount, it would be great if I could add fields showing how much was direct costs and how much was allocated to indirect costs or how much was going to subcontractors. I could give other examples but that is the general idea, I will the software gave users the ability to customize the settings to most effectively meet our individual needs or concerns.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied February 2018

Thanks for your review, Bret! We are happy to hear you have found GrantHub to be a valuable tool. We appreciate your feedback and will ensure it is shared with our team as we continually look for ways to improve the solution.

Willard from Juvenile Protective Association (JPA)

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Almost as Good as Having an Expert Do Things For You

My small non-profit needed the organizational power desperately, and we found it here.

Pros

Being new to the grant seeking arena, I can use all the help I can get. Previously, my organization was using spreadsheets and so on to record grants, due dates, etc. Everything seemed arbitrary and it was difficult to keep track of deadlines, due dates, and other important data. This software is like a roadmap in the wilderness. I can't say enough good things about it.

Cons

Not too much in this category. There are some functions that could be added, like letting the user see a stored document without having to download it first, but these are minor compared to its overall value.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied December 2018

Thank you for the review and feedback! We enjoy getting suggestions like yours on new ways to increase your productivity with GrantHub.

Thomas from Southwestern Adventist University

Impressions of a Newcomer

My mail concern before hearing about GrantHub at a workshop was how to organize everything that I envisioned would be going on in the grant application and funding process. This software solved my problem and I am extremely happy.

Pros

I like the ease of how to use it as if it were written by a user rather than a software tech. I like the online support. Have used this feature often as I learned the software and found the techs to be very responsive and helpful. Learn more with each webinar.

Cons

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied December 2018

Thank you Thomas - make sure to send us any suggestions you have as you continue to use GrantHub! We are glad you are happy and GrantHub is helpful in organizing and managing your process.

The tool you MUST have

Pros

This tool is easy to navigate and keeps information close at hand for multiple asks at once! The fact that I can pull reports and see at a glance where I am in priceless.

Cons

I would love for it to be more affordable but it's worth its weight in gold. Splurge and find out how much it can help in your daily work.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied July 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback!

Julie from Managed Giving

GrantHub review

I am a grant writer who has worked with multiple organizations to obtain a wide variety of grant funding over the years. All of them have used the traditional spreadsheet method of grant tracking alongside overly complex CRM products that were designed for another purpose. When I first looked at GrantHub I thought someone who actually writes grants had finally designed a product to be used specifically for our purposes, and in exploring it further (with 2 clients) it has not disappointed. Existing information was easily migrated, customer service is fast and effective (and rarely needed), suggestions often become software updates, and best of all it provides a centralized, living snapshot (and supporting detail) of all grants in a form and format that even the most technologically challenged individuals can master.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied February 2017

Thank you for the review Julie! We interviewed countless grant consultants, grant professionals, development directors and nonprofit executives when we initially designed GrantHub and we continue to look for - and value highly - your continued feedback. We are pleased that you are benefiting from using GrantHub.

Enrique from CLUES

Amazing asset to use, since we have so many grant and reporting deadlines.

Pros

I like the HOME dashboard. I'm able to see results, outstanding deadlines, amount raised, amount declined, etc.

Cons

On the HOME page, with Awarded, I can't seem to see awarded for a single fiscal year without having to run a report, and sort it by dates.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied July 2018

Thank you for your providing your feedback for other grantseekers. We appreciate your time!

Betsey from The Nord Center

Industry: Mental Health Care

GrantHub is very helpful in keeping everything in one place and having reminders of deadlines.

Having a lot of information about funders, deadlines and grant proposal elements that we use routinely aggregated in one place has been very helpful in keeping organized.

Pros

I finally have everything in one place and not in spreadsheets, calendars and emails. When I had to provide information on our grant seeking to a consultant it was very easy to download the history which the person receiving it greatly appreciated.

Cons

The interface is pretty mundane. It could be more aesthetically pleasing. Integration with Outlook could be beneficial also--e.g. putting deadlines on a calendar.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied July 2018

Hi Betsey, Thanks for the input on future enhancements. We are looking at calendar functionality. I will add your vote!

Sandie from Assistance League of Reno-Sparks

GrantHub Excellent Product

We are planning to take on writing more applications because it is not taking as long to maintain our regular applications that are done each year. I would highly recommend GrantHub its features and price point are reasonable for a medium-sized nonprofit organization, wanting to write grants as a main fund raising method.

Pros

Moved from an Excel spreadsheet to manage about 50 applications a year. Much easier to handle and put out monthly reports for the Grant Team and the Board of Directors.

Cons

Save button is not the same on each page.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied December 2018

Thanks for your review and suggestion, Sandi! And best wishes on the additional applications you undertake!

Brooke from HopeSource

GrantHub makes my job as a grants manager for a large non-profit simpler and easier to do well.

Easier task management, archival tools, and a quick report on our grants activity at any point in time.

Pros

The software is intuitive and easy to use. I love using the tasks feature to set automated reminders for each responsible party on a grant.

Cons

Documents do not copy over when a grant opportunity is copied for the next year. I also have not found a way to pull items directly from the Answer Library to a grant application.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied July 2018

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. Glad to hear it helps make your job easier, that's our goal!

Sarah from Carmen Pampa Fund

Worth the Investment to Get Yourself Organized

I have really liked using Grant Hub. Previously, my organization relied on using Excel to manage deadlines for grant submissions, reports, contact, etc. It was very difficult to use Excel because it didn't flow nicely with ongoing/rolling deadlines. With GrantHub my colleagues and I (who are remotely based at two different international locations) can easily collaborate on projects. I personally appreciate the automated email reminders, the notes section, and the ability to upload all the documents (requests, reports, thank you notes, etc) that have been sent to a particular funder. GrantHub has helped us work in a more efficient and successful manner as a team.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied February 2017

Thank you for the review Sarah! We are happy that you find GrantHub to be useful in collaborating with your grant team - especially because they are remote. That has been a key feature we consider as we develop GrantHub.

Ramani from SGBS TRUST

Industry: Philanthropy

Manage grant process like an ace

it has been really wonderful using GrantHub. It has brought in accountability, transparency and team work in the grant process.

Pros

feature rich, cloud based, ease of use, work flow process, reports

Cons

glued into the US market. scope is there for some advanced features.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied December 2018

Thanks Ramani, we will continue to look at expanding the ways our platform can support more geographies.

Patsy from Gulf Coast Jewish Family and Community Services, Inc.

Perfect for all the work that goes into putting a grant together

Tracking, coordinating, data record keeping and ease of use.

Pros

How you can look up similar agencies near by, see who funds them and then pull that foundation's information into your bank of resources. FABULOUS! Tremendous support, any time, always. Cost Not a lot of parts I don't need Charts, reports

Cons

No way to really say...this particular opportunity does not have an external due date, it's open all the time. Maybe you can use rolling or assign one, but it would be good to have an internal and and external due date. In that case the external would be "none" and the internal would be whatever I decide is reasonable for my schedule. Let's get some additional reports that combine $ and #

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied November 2017

Thanks for the input Patsy. I will definitely take your feedback on the due dates and reporting to the team for future consideration.

Joshua from Skool Aid

User-Freindly

Pros

I found GrantHub in my grant-seeking search this year. I appreciate a central hub for all this information but the cost deterred my interest. I think the cost is well worth it for most organizations but I have since opted to use my local resources at the library.

Cons

Not much to say here except that I wish it was free. But, hey, the cost of the app and the applications for the grants themselves are a necessary cost and should not deter most users. Other than that, I highly recommend.

Maggie from YWCA of Asheville

Easy to use and you'll never miss a deadline!

GrantHub is easy to understand and a great way to store all grant information in one place. You can store funder information, grant deadlines, notes from contact with funders, and tasks (LOIs, reports, thank you letters, etc) and assign them to the appropriate people. GrantHub will remind you of upcoming deadlines so that you never miss an opportunity and you can copy opportunities from one year to the next so that you don't have to reenter deadlines each year. It also keeps track of awarded, denied, and pending grants for the year. This software has streamlined our grants process and allowed us to get rid of bulky spreadsheets.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied February 2017

Thank you for your review Maggie!

Katie from Big Sky Youth Empowerment

I find GrantHub very user friendly. It's easy to navigate and the customer service is great.

Pros

The graphs depicting what's been awarded, planned, etc are great. Also the tasks that are upcoming and the reminders. I also like the Foundation feature which allows me to keep updated information on each contact. It's great to have everything in one place.

Cons

There are some features that could be tweaked, such as the Answer Library. I would love it if I could modify my answers in the files, similar to a Google Document. Now if I upload a file, I have to delete it and upload a new file with my updates.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied July 2018

Hi Katie, We are glad that you are enjoying GrantHub. And thank you for the input on tuning our Answer Library. We will pass that along to our development team for consideration.

Jamie from Charleston Animal Society

Excellent grants database

My management solution of choice. Keeps everything in one place. Keeps me on top of my deadlines and sends me much needed reminders so I don't miss any important details. Allows other members of the leadership team to check the status of where we are - my reporting is super simplified.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Replied February 2017

Thank you Jamie! We've enjoyed having you as a customer, and also having you participate in our webinars and share your grant knowledge / best practices with our other customers!