All GrantHub Reviews

Reviewed January 2022

Don't Miss Grant Deadlines

Molly

Reviewed April 2018

Game Changer for Grants and Grantwriters!

PROS

GrantHub replaced all the spreadsheets, file folders, lists and messy methods I have tried to streamline grant writing over my 15 years in the business. It's intuitive, easy to use and accessible by all in the process who need to see/approve/add information. It tracks stages--from "I just heard this idea" to research to writing to submitted and more. The information is saved forever--it won't be lost when a person leaves the position or changes jobs. The deadline feature is wonderful, too. No more paper notes, shared calenders or missed deadlines. As a grant writer, I can have one login and access multiple clients--super efficient and good for the organization as well, since they give me access and can take it away if they ever choose to. This software is constantly improving its capabilities and the support team welcomes suggestions and ideas.

CONS

I'm not sure I really have many things I don't like. My only "warning" is to watch out what sort of access is given to whom. Not frequently, but I have worked with a few organizations where the grant writing process can be micromanaged by people who really don't need to be in the details. For example, board members should be aware of grants in process and grants submitted but (in my opinion) should not have the ability to read/edit/revise applications just because they can get access. Also, I'm happy that GrantHub continues to add new reporting options--it is the one area I feel like will benefit from a few more options so writers and administrators can share progress and success with boards and others.

Thanks so much for your review, Molly! Your thoughtful feedback will be a great asset to other grantseekers looking for tools to streamline their grant process.

Replied April 2018

Alhassan

Reviewed July 2021

Our leads on potential funding opportunities more than tripled with GrantHub

The number of leads we generate for potential donor-project matches have more than tripled once we started using GrantHub. Also, managing leads and subsequent grant application preparation with our international institutional partners has become very easy. We no longer need to rely on excessive emailing to coordinate our collaboration.

PROS

Automating the processes for alerts and notifications is very easily set up and never misses a beat once deployed. For most of the projects where we are only subcontracted by bigger partners to implement specific project components, GrantHub's project tracking features allows us to keep up with all contractual obligations and never miss any important deadlines.

CONS

There should be more options for easy integration with other software; particularly for file or documents sharing and storage. Because this is lacking, we usually have to share reporting documents externally, and this somewhat disrupts workflows.

Reason for choosing GrantHub

Reviews read suggested Granthub as more suited for smaller nonprofits.

Reasons for switching to GrantHub

We first used Submittable as a contractual requirement on a project we were partnering on. After that project expired, we could no longer afford to subscribe on our own and sought other alternatives.

Thank you for your review Alhassan! We are happy yo heard that GrantHub is helping you generate leads for potential donor-project matches!

Pam

Reviewed July 2018

We use GrantHub to inventory and track our grants. Overall, the program has been helpful.

PROS

I like the "Reports" function of the program. It has been helpful in letting us see the Big Picture of our Grants program.

CONS

There still are some "funky" parts of the program that I don't like. For instance, if you forget to "save" all the data that you have input and you go to another window then the data is lost. A final reminder would be helpful: "are you sure "

Hi Pam! Glad you are finding GrantHub helpful. We are releasing an update in the next month that should address the suggestions you list! Let us know if you still have issues. Take care and keep the feedback coming!

Ryan

Reviewed February 2021

GrantHub is a must for nonprofits!

GrantHub is straightforward in their service - they want to create a functional and effective product that helps your organization be successful. In this they have more than succeeded. Also the cost is inexpensive for the quality of the product. I would highly recommend for any nonprofit that writes, manages and reports on more than 10 grants annually - it is a lifesaver for a small grants department!

PROS

GrantHub is easy to use and functional in meeting our needs. It is intuitive and clean. Our grants are easily organized and searchable by many fields. There are even email reminders as application or report deadlines get closer!

CONS

There is some unique complexity to our organization, like the fact that we receive funding that crosses 4 (and sometimes more) different fiscal years. We have to be thoughtful for how we track funds in these years. There are fields that help organize this within the system, but the searchability is not quite at the functionality we need. However, you can export the data to excel and run it there, which is what we do when we need this specific data by program and fiscal year.

Reason for choosing GrantHub

Flowlu was designed as more of a project management tool, while Raiser's Edge was a nice product but more expensive than our budget allowed. GrantHub allowed us to meet our needs with managing and processing more than 75 grants annually and keeping everything organized!

Ryan, thank you for your review of Granthub. We are glad to hear that the system is meeting your needs!

Replied March 2021

Dotti

Reviewed February 2021

Love this company and product!

This company has been a dream to work with. From the very beginning, meeting them at a grant conference in Seattle, to purchasing and implementing the software when it was very new (just a couple years "old"), has been a wonderful experience. Their customer service is very responsive and is diligent about making sure any questions get completely answered and all issued are resolved in a timely manner. I am a total GH advocate (and evangelist)!

PROS

Super easy management of the entire grant planning and administration process. I love the ability to attach the entire "story" that was submitted with each grant as documents, text files, etc. I also love the Answer Library. Can't pick just one!

CONS

Well, the administration that I can't do through their reporting feature, is compensated by the ability to export all my information to Excel. I would like to see a more comprehensive dashboard.

Reason for choosing GrantHub

Much more focused specifically on the grant administrative process. It was plug-n-play.

Dotti, thanks for your review of Granthub. We pride ourselves on customer support, so we are happy to hear that you are receiving great support!

Replied March 2021

Kim

Reviewed July 2019

Excellent option for managing grant activity scheduling, assigning, tracking, and reporting.

They are an excellent company to deal with, very responsive to customer needs, and very well priced for the benefits.

PROS

It saves me a great deal of time and makes me more efficient. It increased my productivity by more than 50%.

CONS

Occasionally, the server demand gets overloaded and the software responds a bit slowly. Foundant has set a timer on inactive logins which automatically logs you out after a certain amount of time inactive and this fix has reduced this problem greatly.

Reason for choosing GrantHub

It was a very simplified format which could be easily used by others, it was very cost effective, and it tracked all that I needed and more. We maintain financial documentation in Quickbooks and I did not need my grant software to do that.

Reasons for switching to GrantHub

Excel wasn't intended for this level of tracking and activity, and it became an inefficient tool.

Kim, Thank you so much for your review on Granthub. We are joyed to see that your grant management efficiency has improved!

Replied June 2020

Diane

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Grant Hub- Essential everyday tool for busy grant professional

I've used Grant Hub for 7 years and it has been the backbone of my work as a grant professional responsible for over $21 million in grants per year. Its an essential tool for me and my organization. I feel really good that it contains everything I've done with grants over the course of my tenure and will be passed on in one format for the future. I inherited many hard files, jump drives, files on computer and network for all the grants that came before me. It was a night mare to know our relationship with any one funder. In Grant Hub I can pull up a funder and know instantly what our funding relationship has been. The other great feature that really impacts my relationship with staff is that they get reminders they need without the feeling that I am bugging them. When you have a large team and many deadlines looming, you really need a way to keep everyone moving forward. Grant Hub has done that for me!

PROS

The volume of my work (75-100) grant applications per year made it essential to have a tool like Grant Hub and its never let me down. Its user friendly and intuitive navigation make it excellent to share with other staff. The most important element is that it serves as a great succession tool for the future, containing all grants and NOAs in one place, as well as documentation of funder relationships. Reporting feature is easy to use and export. I know that all my documents are safe and backed up for the future.

CONS

Grant Hub has been easily integrated into my role. It was a little harder to get program directors to use it as I had hoped. its not a feature of Grant Hub as much as a feature of their busy schedules. They really depend on me to alert them to new possible grant opportunities. There really isn't anything I don't like about it but it could have more prefab reports. One area that is subject to human error more is when putting in a funder, you can change something in the name very slightly and it will be a new funder. Ie. St. Luke's and St Lukes. It would be helpful if when you input a funder Grant Hub asked are you sure this is a new funder and brought up similar funders to check against. Things like Idaho Department of Health and Welfare is another example if I'm not careful it can be in more than once with slight variation Some things need simple work arounds but that doesn't cause a problem for me, for example - really isn't a great way to indicate multi-year grants, need to copy the opportunity 3 times. For funders that we decide are not a good fit, I don't want to delete them so that future folks don't go reviewing them again but under Funders section, fit gets buried in notes. Starting to label all 'no go' funders with Z in front of their names so they go to the bottom of the list. Under reports there could be some quick data points: grants applied for in this period of time; grants awarded in this period; grants applied for in previous FY but awarded in this one.

Reason for choosing GrantHub

My recollection would be good price point, intuitive platform, its organized in a way that matched my work style and our organization.

Thank you for you review Diane! We are happy to hear that GrantHub "has never let you down."

Evan

Legal Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2018

Inexpensive, high-quality. Great customer service; customer input is heard & used to improve product

PROS

GrantHub is affordable, high-quality, and easy-to-use. I love how responsive GrantHub's customer service staff is to questions and customer input. I was impressed to learn that they keep record of all suggestions and feedback from customers (I learned this when GrantHub staff asked if I'd be willing to discuss some past suggestions I'd made, but I'd forgotten what I'd suggested; the staff person had them all on file and we went through them over the phone). They really try to make their product work for the people who are using the product, and many of the updates have addressed issues identified by customers. I love that they take the time to work with and talk to their customers in order to learn how their product can be better.

CONS

Since it's a newer grant management software compared to some, it doesn't have as many features as other software. For instance, GrantHub does not have any privacy settings to limit who can or cannot view certain information. However, the staff has said they are working on implementing this feature and many other features that customers have requested. Also, if a certain feature isn't available in GrantHub but a customer expresses a need for it, GrantHub staff often has creative ideas to at least partially meet the customer's need for a feature until that feature is available through GrantHub. For example, I mentioned my need for privacy settings on some of the documents I upload to GrantHub, and their staff suggested to me that, while I'm waiting for this feature to be available, I can password-protect confidential documents before I upload them to GrantHub, then share the password(s) with those who are allowed to access the documents.

Thanks for your review! We're happy to hear you've had a positive experience with our support and providing feedback. We strive for continual improvement based on what we hear from our users.

Replied May 2018

Maura

Writing and Editing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

GrantHub is the Best Choice for Nonprofit Grant Management!

I have had an excellent experience with GrantHub and will continue using it as I grow.

PROS

Easy to use, easy to stay organized, and easy to share with clients!

CONS

The reporting features could be more sophisticated for advanced users.

Reason for choosing GrantHub

It was cheaper and easier to use.

Thank you for you review Maura! We are happy to hear that GrantHub is simplifying your grant management!

Laura

Media Production, 51-200 employees

Great grant management tool

Very positive!

PROS

GrantHub is easy to implement and use and offers a refreshing upgrade from spreadsheets and scattered notes to more efficient grants management. The home view dashboard and list of upcoming deadlines is helpful at a glance, and the reporting feature offers some good visuals for status snapshots.

CONS

No means of viewing separate projects or funding focuses at a glance (must separate by name/label and tags, which only populate when run as such in a report). No research feature included in the tool. Funder data is only pulled from GuideStar and no other sources.

Thank you for you review Laura! We are happy to hear that GrantHub is simplifying your grant management!

Stacy

Reviewed April 2018

Makes it easy keep up with many deadlines for applications & reports (both immediate and long term)

PROS

I can set up email reminders for myself and others in our organization. When prospecting for new grant applications, I can file due dates into GrantHub and feel relieved to not have to remember when they will be due. I really rely on GrantHub to remind me, and it always does! I can customize timing of receiving email reminders depending on my preference for how many days or weeks ahead of the due date. It is quick to enter a potential funder and task. I often include newly found opportunities that have rolling deadlines (even ones that we may or may not pursue). GrantHub is great for just putting it all in there and then having the freedom to move due dates around as the workload changes. It is also great for planning around vacations/breaks. Sometimes it feels like everything is due today! However, with GrantHub you can see the list of deadlines and feel better knowing you have a plan.

CONS

I wish the automatically generated reports met my individual needs. I can get the information I need by downloading an Excel file and then deleting all of the columns I don't want. It is a little time consuming. I need my reports organized by date submitted and date awarded or declined. The automatically generated reports are sorted by due date, and that just doesn't help me so much. I also wish I could navigate through my list of funders by alphabet instead of by page number. In the past, I had issues with not being able to log in, but that seems to be resolved now.

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to provide our thoughtful feedback on the solution and are happy to hear it's working well for you!

Replied May 2018

Stephany

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2018

Bringing GrantHub in to our Grants Management at our organization was program-changing!

This has streamlined our entire grants management system. We used to use an Excel form with drop down filters. Now it is so much easier to link grants with funders year over year, track gifts by funder, and program. It's just been such a time saver for us to use GrantHub. The ability to track deadlines, tasks, and follow up actions within the opportunities has been a lifesaver - we no longer have multiple calendars going with due dates/deadlines/tasks and everything lives in one place. The email reminders for these have been critical to our punctuality in getting asks and reports out the door!

PROS

*Ease of entering funders & opportunities * Ease of tracking grant status - research, in progress, pending, awarded, denied * Ease of tracking tasks associated with grants - we never miss a report deadline now * Automatic email reminders when grant due dates and task due dates are approaching. * Ability for multiple users to make the system their own * Quick reporting * Price Point!!! * Customer service is out of this world.

CONS

* For how we get federal grants and contracts, I do wish there was a better way to track those of what is in house/out of house/has been billed v. to be billed. * I wish there was an and function on reporting - so I could pull things from two categories - Like FY and Program area - but that's how we report as an organization. It's just pulling everything to excel and resorting that makes it a pain but still gets the same data. * I wish there was a way to save report templates/formats in the system - so if I always run the same report format, I wish it would just save that and update with the data with the new date I'm running the report.

Thank you for your providing your detailed feedback for other grantseekers. We really appreciate your time!

Heather

Reviewed November 2017

GrantHub has helped our agency organize over 300 grants and funding sources with over 20 staff users

PROS

GrantHub is very user friendly. I love how each opportunity is organized, so that you can store all of the information, including PDF's and word docs, related to each grant in one place. It makes it very easy for agencies that have staff in multiple locations and/or satellite offices. It is also a nice back up in the case that staff leave, information is lost, etc. It is easy to filter and sort through to get the information you're looking for, and even allows you space to store grant related documents and boilerplates. Also has nice report pulling features.

CONS

GrantHub is on the slower side, so it takes a while for pages to load. It also isn't customizable yet, so there are some settings we would like to adjust that would make use on our end a lot easier, but aren't able to do yet. Also, I wish the main opportunities page held more information such as grant terms, program (opportunity category) name, etc. so that it was easier to look at stuff without having to open each grant. Lastly, as the administrator, I would like to get notification emails when someone adds an opportunity. It makes it hard for me to keep up with current statuses.

Hi Heather, Thank you for the review and feedback. I will put your suggestions into our system and consider them as we plan our updates for the next year. I'm glad you are seeing the benefits of having everything accessible to your team - we will keep your suggestions in mind for future updates.

Replied November 2017

Lauren

Reviewed July 2018

Grant Hub is relatively easy to learn and use compared to other databases. I highly recommend it.

Organization, reports, tracking, some customization, easy-to-use

PROS

I like how comprehensive the features are for each funder and opportunity. I can track almost everything I need to- when the grant proposal is due, if it's rolling, the project name, the report due date etc. Plus, I can roll all of this into reports. Grant Hub is very intuitive and easy to use. much more so than a CRM or database like Raiser's Edge.

CONS

The only feature I wish the software had was the ability to set reoccurring opportunities. It's not enough for me to just "copy" the task or opportunity because it copies it once. A lot of our grant proposals have the same due day every year for years. We want the ability to project those due dates for the next 3-5 years.

Hi Lauren, Thanks for the feedback on handling recurring grants. We've heard that before and I added your vote for the enhancements. Our 'Copy' only does one at a time and is the best solution right now. But you can also work with us to export and then import your recurring opportunities for multiple years into your account. Reach out to us if you want to do that.

Katie

Reviewed August 2020

Will Make Your Job Easier

I use Granthub on a weekly if not daily basis, and it keeps me on track as we are applying for grants and meeting compliance requirements on our grant awards. And the customer service is excellent! In addition, we also have access to a number of high-quality, relevant professional development opportunities through webinars included in our subscription.

PROS

Granthub makes my tasks around applying for grants easy and streamlined. All of the information is in one place whether it's researching grant opportunities through their Resources page which provides access to GrantStation, logging potential Funders, creating Opportunities which allow me to copy over to the next year, as well as a task feature for tracking Deadlines and compliance, a really solid Reporting function and an Answer Library.

CONS

The one feature that would be useful is linking the Answer Library to my Google Drive or having similar capacity to update documents right in to Granthub. This would allow me to easily update information in my Answer Library from year to year, rather than updating an external document, saving it, and attaching it back into the Answer Library. Other than that, absolutely no complaints!

Reason for choosing GrantHub

Foundant seems to have their finger on the pulse of the non-profit sector. This tool is wonderful!

Thank you for your review, Katie! We are happy to hear that Granthub has been able to streamline your grantseeking process!

Replied August 2020

Julie

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2016

GrantHub for nonprofits

GrantHub changed fundraising in our office. It made it so much more efficient and allowed users to work from remote locations and still communicate effectively. GrantHub took the worry out of ever missing a deadline or searching for notes on a particular client. It was all stored neatly into an online system that was available from any computer 24/7.

PROS

I love the team behind the product, you know them by name. Their customer service is superb as they are always available to guide you through any piece of the application. Best part, they actually listen to their customers and incorporate your suggestions and desires into their ongoing upgrades, so the product you are paying for actually gets better and better during your contract without a rate increase.

CONS

Nothing! It is very user friendly, has a great reminder system and keeps track of everything!!

Thank you for your review Julie! We enjoying helping our customers with their grant fundraising and getting great ideas on how to improve our products and services. Keep the ideas coming!

Replied September 2016