What are Greater Giving users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Greater Giving software through verified user reviews

• icon"Greater Giving has pivoted to help nonprofits run virtual fundraising events given the current environment. Super helpful and allows guests to bid and donate via their phone."
  • icon"This has been a large improvement over the older versions. It is quick and easy for our volunteers to use."
  • icon"Nice set of features for the cost. Online auctions have been a tremendous benefit for our organization."
  • icon"We ended up losing money based on the total cost of the program."
  • icon"I would say that it's hard to figure out, and there should be more capabilities for such an expensive program."
  • icon"Some of the nuances in processing payments can be a bit tricky, and are not intuitive when teaching others how to use the softeware."

Browse all Greater Giving Reviews

• Have you used Greater Giving and would like to share your experience with others?

Will make check-in a breeze

The benefits of Greater Giving include an easy upload and check-in process, a simple check-out process for auction purchases or donations, and a simple training for staff members.

Pros

The features of this products "go-time" make for a really easy event check-in. I've worked a variety of events with this software, most notably a large seated fundraiser. Everyone was able to check-in quickly and all the details needed by our check-in team were easily accessible.

Cons

The search function could be expanded on to assist better with misspellings or connections to other members (spouse names, etc).

Monica

It is good, bu so hard to use and understand!

Overall the experience was ok. If 501 Auction had the same price as this one, I would go with 501 no questions asked. This one has a better price and better annual plan, but boy oh boy, it was hard to use!

Pros

What I liked the most was the price and the plan they offered us. It was considerably cheaper than other fundraising platforms and in the demonstration called that we had with them looked so easy and logical (beware!)

Cons

It is not easy to use AT ALL! It is super confusing to set up packages, import supporters, donors. Just building the website was a little nightmare. If it is your first time using this software make sure to have someone to hold your hand during the process. I really thought it would be easy to use, since I have worked with other fundraising programs before. Mistake! It took me a while to work around it and the tutorials didn't feel like enough to me.

Reasons for choosing Greater Giving

Best price and plan

Reasons for switching to Greater Giving

Price and annual plan (I had access to unlimited events at a much better rate)

Tracy

December 2021

A solid product but expensive

Overall, Greater Giving is a solid event management platform for beginners but if you do multiple events a year or are advanced in this type of software, I would pass and look for something else.

Pros

This software is fairly straightforward to use for event management. It is pretty intuitive for a beginner user but anything moderately advanced requires some additional training. Customer service is pretty responsive and help articles are informative and easy to find the topics you are looking for. I particularly like how easy it is to assign people to tables on the back end.

Cons

Overall, this software feels outdated to me, compared to other software. Some things- like logo placement on an event page- cannot be changed. In fact, I feel all the functions on the event page are not as customizable as they could be. It doesn't follow the flow or feel of our website and looks out of place. Payment processing fees are high. The back end is fairly simplistic.

Heather

Helpful but not intuitive

Pros

I liked the auction features and the ease of running event reports.

Cons

It felt clunky to use and the various features did not integrate well with one another.

Ron

Greater Giving: Great software for event management

We use Greater Giving to manage our Marquee events (galas, golf, wine tasting, etc.) - events that usually have an auction component and the staff, volunteers and constituents love it. I've personally used Greater Giving software for the past eight years and have never worked with a software vendor that is more in tune with their customer's wants and needs. They actually ASK for ways they can improve the product and LISTEN! I've seen our suggestions appear in product updates repeatedly over the years and they never stop trying to improve their product. We began using their mobile bidding service over the past couple of years and the staff and patrons love it. Their Go Time event night software is so easy to use I barely have to train volunteers on event night - the software just walks them through the check-in/registration process and makes check out at the end of the night a breeze. As previous reviews mentioned, their website and reporting areas are a little more cumbersome to use, but I know that they are working on that too - we've already seen some great advances in reporting with the latest software release. Greater Giving software and event support is outstanding - they are only a phone call away anytime, but most importantly on the day of your event and a LIVE person answers the phone who knows the product and can fix your issues and get you back on track in no time! They are fantastic. I would highly recommend Greater Giving to any non- profit interested in experiencing a great event management tool. This is one fantastic organization!

Pros

Ease of use, outstanding customer support, mobile bidding option/component, auctioneer features for a professional live auction, leader boards, smooth check-in/check-out event process, ability to e-mail receipt to patrons at check out, volunteers absolutely love it! Patrons are very impressed at the flow of the event when we move the event management to Greater Giving.

Cons

Reporting is confusing and needs work and they need to make improvements in the backend website creation process but we are able to get the information out of the system that we need and we have great looking, easy to use websites.

Mary

Visually Appealing and Functional Auction Software

Pros

Greater Giving is my preferred auction software - the main page is visually appealing and straight forward and the Greater Giving team continues to make updates that amplify the platform for virtual events (for example, their engagement center where you can embed a video). The thermometer view that can be shown during events to capture live donations is better than any others and that alone usually convinces my clients to use Greater Giving.

Cons

Greater Giving is not as affordable as other platforms and if my clients decide not to use it, it is usually because of the price - specifically because of the online auction add on. Greater Giving really corners the market but I wish it was less expensive so I could more fully recommend it to non-profits with less resources and smaller budgets.

Madi

Greater Giving

Overall great. There are occasional glitches but their customer support team is outstanding.

Pros

The auction and check in portion of the software are the most valuable. Allowing early and self check in for participants at events is fantastic and helpful.

Cons

This does not link to any of our other databases and we have to enter all information without any transfers

Arthur

We use it for an annual auction event

It works perfectly for our client to do their annual fund raiser

Pros

It is now all done on a web page. This has been a large improvement over the older versions. It is quick and easy for our volunteers to use. Support is excellent when you need it.

Cons

It can sometime time out when your are in a conference center wifi. Logging in can be confusing for volunteers

Gina

Functional Mid-Range Difficulty in Use

Customer service is top notch. My questions are always answered very quickly and there is always someone willing to walk me through what I'm doing. The team is wonderful over there.

Pros

It can do a LOT. You can do events in person, virtually, run raffles, sell tickets, etc etc etc. It covers the gamut of fundraising activities.

Cons

It is not super easy to use. Perhaps because it is capable of doing so many things that is why, but it requires more than a few calls and trainings and help manuals to figure out what you need to do in order to get what you want to happen.

Rebecca

Not a great fit

Pros

I do like that you can view multiple records by clicking next, rather than going back to the list and selecting a new one.

Cons

It really didn't provide many tools except keeping records of items. It didn't generate bid sheets, online bidding options, or financial reports. I'm glad I switched to ReadySetAuction this year.

Response from Greater Giving

Thank you for your feedback, which is very helpful to us as we continue to develop and improve our products. Greater Giving Event Software does offer multiple types of bid sheets (printed and online), Online Bidding functionality, and dozens of customizable financial reports. These features are widely supported through our free training and support channels via phone, email, chat, and on-demand. If you utilize Greater Giving in the future, we hope that you will take advantage of these features and our excellent customer support.

Replied April 2021

Tammany

Keeping my life sane!

Using the Greater Giving Software has allowed me to really be in control of the data and the ROI of my events. The software is very easy to use and set up. It has tremendous functionality and flexibility to engage multiple users. We look so professional at our events at check in and check out and guests love it. I have been using the product for three years and have hosted 10 different events through the software. Mobile bidding is beyond amazing! It has transformed our event and put the fun back in the cocktail hour because we are able to open up the bidding the day before the event to allow guests to browse and start the bidding process in the comfort of their own home or coffee shop. The reports have been invaluable to use with new committee members year after year to really hone in on the auction items that sell the best. The database makes connecting with the audience easy, year after year. One of the most important areas is the upper management. They actually listen to the clients and work to make needed changes to the product to be the most customer friendly product out there. The concern upper management has for the end consumer shows in the call center support. Their customer service staff is always available to answer questions and help guide me through anything I am doing or stuck on. This is great product that is just getting better each year!

Pros

The database features and fields, mobile bidding and ease of email campaigns.

Cons

Some of the fields could be located on different pages to make the work flow more integrated

Kiki

Greater Giving - really does give!

Our development office has now been using Greater Giving for a little over 2 years, after doing some extensive research and choosing it as the BEST option. This has given us the opportunity to use it for many different events more than once and across different departments/colleges within the medical university. Because it is web based, there are no restrictions on number of users and you can lock/unlock per event we have used it with select "third party" events- where all proceeds benefit us but the event is run by a group of volunteers and not a formal organization. It helped us streamline some of our functions for all our various events. It has also given us an opportunity to try some peer to peer fundraising. Other departments have now begun using it and others are now attempting events because this platform is available. We've found the ease of use in training our volunteers and interns a plus. The fact that almost anyone can be trained to create a landing page for ticket sales, auctions and peer to peer campaigns is a huge advantage for our organization. Go Time (day of event) process is another favorite aspect of Greater Giving. Overall we have been so pleased with both the customer support- some of our suggestions have even been incorporated in 2 upgrades since we've been using it! And they've actually lowered instead of increased the cost on Mobile Bidding (you used to have to pay per mb event and now it's a once a year cost) Not only are more funds raised, Greater Giving give us back time as well!

Pros

It's overall ease of use and convenience.

Cons

Some of the features are difficult to use/not up to par- peer to peer fundraising for ex. Also the webpage/landing page building can be quite complicated and the tutorial isn't comprehensive enough. Same goes for the reports- we know that there are so many but the training just touches the surface.

Gloria

Could not do what we do without Greater Giving!

I sourced Greater Giving back in 2010 when we were producing our first Gala. I wanted software that would easily keep track of people and items. The ability to create a website was a bonus! Greater Giving performed like a champ before, during and after the event. I also began using the website capabilities for other events/fundraisers. The sites are pretty easy to set up and maintain. When I have needed more help, customer support is always there. They were really there for me at our second gala when the power went out. We had just finished the silent auction and the guests were seated for dinner and being served when the power went out. We were able to process all the silent auction items as we worked from the software and not the cloud. We decided not to have the live auction or fund a need. Instead, Greater Giving assisted us in creating an online auction and worked with us every step of the way. Their expertise and great products helped to save what could have been a disaster. Hospice East Bay has about 4 events a year where Greater Giving is utilized. As long as I am the Development Associate for this organization, we will be continuing our relationship with Greater Giving!

Pros

Easy to use. Great customer support. Full reporting capabilities. Easy customization.

Cons

When the website gets updated and things move around or there are different ways to do them. No manual updates when that happens.

Leslie

Transform your Auction experience!

Our school has benefited tremendously by using the Event Software and Mobile Bidding. In a few weeks we will be using both for the third time at our next Auction fundraiser. After the first year, we not only paid for the software and mobile bidding BUT increased our silent auction profit by $10,000! The program is very easy to use, streamlines all of our donations, and allows us to perform quick reviews post-event. Customer service has been exceptional. Several calls are set up with the Greater Giving team prior to the event and a team member is available during the entire duration of the event. All questions have been answered quickly. The Greater Giving team continues to give suggestions each year as to what we can try at our next event to help increase our profit. And both years the software has been updated with new features. Biggest benefit for our school has been the elimination of long checkout lines at the end of the night. With Mobile Bidding, guests having registered a credit card either before the event or during check-in are instantly notified of their winnings as soon as the Silent Auction closes. Priceless! We continue, a few years into our experience, to get great reviews from our attendees about the significant improvements that this package has made to our annual funraiser.

Pros

ease of use, customer service, mobile bidding function

Laura

Industry: Philanthropy

Greater Giving Event Software

Overall it is a still a great software that has great functions and so far is the best I have used to run a large silent auction 50 items plus.

Pros

The software purchase covers features dealing with ticket sales, silent auction bids, community partners, sponsorship purchases and can safely store credit card information. Also, if your organization hosts more than one event per year you can add several events and track for no extra cost and store all donor information for those events.

Cons

The ease of use of this program is lacking. It is a bit confusing to run reports. It also doesn't make it very easy to set a Max capacity for an event and have it close down automatically. Someone has to go in and do so, or at least this is the experience we found. Also, you can only attach one checking/banking account to the software so if you have two large events and two separate accounts for them in order to use the software without having to repurchase you must stick to the one account.

Kiki

October 2015

After extensive research very happy

Pros

Greater Giving is an evolving company and continues to improve their product. It is extensive having many features, reports and different ways of going about getting things done. They are PCI compliant which takes away worry about security and adds value to your overall event. Whether you are a small shop or large, any nonprofit can use it with a little bit of training, some practice and time. It is cost effective and adds value to our events. It is amazing that anyone from volunteer to staff can reach out to tech support. I like that it is web based and that you can have multiple events simultaneously. Also the capability to have different permissions for each user including multiple account admin helps s multi department development team like ours. Relatively speaking the mobile bidding works easily.

Cons

The "join me"feature is still new and we haven't been able to master it's use yet. The website capability is great but requires a little extra training. However the tech support is excellent with an almost 12 hour a day call hour. If the tech can't answer the question they get back to you. Most often though they will walk you through a step.

Laura

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Greater Giving Review

Like stated before Greater Giving is an amazing software and it makes it very easy to run your event through it. You are able to easily track ticket sales, input silent auction items, sell silent auction items, store vendor/partner information.

Pros

I love the easy access to those working with you (staff) and later for those using the Silent Auction feature the ease for those that sign up to be able to see the items and receive notifactions.

Cons

Overall it is a great product. There are a few kinks for example while adding your credit card via picture for those participating in the silent auction the information doesn't get put in exactly correct which causes for the process to take longer and the registration to be more difficult. At an event in which people are moving around and with an older crowd making the registration as easy and less time consuming would be more beneficial.

Satisfied Customer for over 7 years.

We have used the Greater Giving software for our last 7 galas/auctions and each year it continues to improve and make the back-of-house operations easier for our event volunteers. I would highly recommend this software to anyone who is wanting to make operations seamless for both your guest and volunteers. Mobile bidding functions that were incorporated are very popular with our constituents and have raised the overall amount of donations given.

Pros

Ease of use and customer support.

Cons

It is a little higher in cost but well worth the expense and ease of mind the night of the event.

Patty

February 2015

Recommend Greater Giving for nonprofit events management

I have used Greater Giving for the past three years to manage our agency's gala. Last year, we added the mobile bidding component. When we jumped from 'paper' to Greater Giving in 2012, our goal was to make our guests' experiences at the gala as painless as possible. We also wanted to make it easier to manage for the volunteer leadership in our cash out room. With the help of Greater Giving, our gala has become one of the best in Rochester, NY. We have over 700 guests that register quickly and easily, and most who choose to pre-swipe a credit card, making the check out process no longer a necessity at the end of the evening. Our auctions have grown, and the return on value as gone from 55% to 78% last year - the first time we used mobile bidding. The Greater Giving service team has been exceptional, often responding the same day when contacted, always by the end of the next business day. Greater Giving has many layers and takes time to truly understand all that it can do to help with your events. However, it is easy to understand, and the time invested will pay off with happy attendees and volunteers and significant growth in amount raised. I highly recommend this product for anyone looking to increase revenue at an event and enhance the experiences of the attendees

Emily

February 2015

Fantastic Service and Great Product

We have been using Greater Giving for our Parents' Club fundraising software for since 2011. I personally began using the software in 2012 and have grown very fond of the product. Every year I talk with customer service and say I wish the software could do "xyz" and they say "that is in the works". The next year I see the improvements. My biggest complaint is the software takes some time to learn. We are a volunteer organization and it can be difficult to have people learn the software in the time frame needed. That being said, those of us who are actively involved are very knowledgeable and impressed with the many features the software offers. I believe a permanent, year round organization would quickly get immersed in the software and use it to the fullest intent. I am impressed with all the reporting and appreciated the many ways you can filter the data and export the data. The ease of being able to pull donors, donations and sponsors from one event to the next has been a huge benefit for us and eliminated many hours of work. In reality, I do not feel the software could be easier I just believe we are in a difficult position because of ever changing volunteers.

Heather

Like it for Galas

Greater Giving really helped us to track our auction donations and number them, to track our bidders and assign them a number for bidding for Fund the Need and kept everything in one easy place for reporting. We were then able to export the data into our donor software. It simplified our process for the auction, quite simply.

Pros

We have used this software for our gala for many years. I inherited it and began using it and found the transition to be pretty smooth. I really like it for assigning bidders to tables and to individuals and for tracking auction donations and values.

Cons

My least favorite thing was the lack of online bidding software but I believe they now have that too. We are not doing our gala anymore so we were unable to try that feature.

Tera

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

May 2016

Greater Giving great customer service

Pros

Customer service was incredible. I loved being able to create a fundraising page for each new campaign.

Cons

I can't say anything negative about this program. Every encounter I had with customer service went above and beyond!

Jeniece

I'm a Greater Giving Fan

We have used Greater Giving for several years to manage our online giving pages and our school's fundraising event. This year, we added the mobile bidding component. This was the second time we've used mobile bidding, the first with a different company. I was looking for a product to easily manage all the auction and mobile bidding steps myself. This produce was so easy to use. The customoer support throughout the event was wonderful, often responding the same day when contacted, always by the end of the next business day. We are most likely planning to use mobile bidding again at our event in 2017, and I am already considering ways to use what I learned at the last event to make this one even easier, all using the things I learned through using Greater Giving. We are a happy user. Thank you. I highly recommend this product for anyone looking to increase revenue at an event and enhance the experiences of the attendees

Jordan

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Essential for Fundraising!

Pros

This software is an exceptional tool for fundraising efforts. Event planners, auction chairs, and many more benefit from this software offering an organized and unique approach to fundraising. Mobile bidding, online auctions, and much more make this software engaging and easy to use from anywhere!

Cons

Initial use may be a challenge before you get used to the product. Learning curve for those that are not used to technology through mobile bidding and online auctions, however, the ease of use makes it easy to explain to a donor.

Ashley

Great auction platform

The customer service is very friendly and timely, the auction platform is superior to many others.

Pros

The auction portion of this product is really great. I've used this for many events and it is very efficient. Ticketed events are easy to set up, and you can really customize your event pages to your liking.

Cons

The reporting and export features work ok, but could be more robust. They have a mobil bidding platform, but that could also use more advancements as well.

4.09/5 out of 53 reviews