• Pros

• "The customer service is incredible. It is so easy to get in touch with someone, I know exactly who I can reach out to and they are always quick to respond. "

• "The interface is easy to navigate and integration into our website is very easy. Reporting features are simple, but meet our needs. Our primary contact is excellent at helping us fix issues. "

• "I like that I can embed donation forms directly into my website without opening a new page. I also like that I can brand the forms to my org's brand."

• Cons

• "We had a bit of difficulty with landing pages, but customer service was great with their prompt assistance."

• "I wish the event management piece was not part of Picatic, but rather part of the idonate package. "

• "The back-end reporting and banking has been a struggle for our bookkeepers. They say the systems are not aligned well with our accounting methods."

Browse iDonate Ignite Reviews

Rick from HowToLife Movement

iDonate helped launch our start-up ministry!

We have a SMALL back-office infrastructure. With one, full-time employee, who has his hands full executing ministry, we needed something simple for our online giving. iDonate has been so helpful. We have created numerous individual projects that people can give to, with dedicated pages. People can go directly to the cause they care about most. These pages are so easy to make, we have delegated the creating of our landing pages to volunteer teenagers! And they can do it without any hassle. We love iDonate!

Pros

As a start-up ministry organization, we needed the online giving to be EASY. iDonate was the perfect solution for us. Many of our donors have a "Go Fund Me" mindset, when it comes to supporting individual projects. iDonate made it easy to create individual campaigns, for donors to go directly to a project they wanted to support. This has even worked with the teenagers, who love instagram -- having an easy link in a bio with a dedicated page made giving so easy. The giving platform fit perfectly into everything: our website, facebook pages, instagram, and more.

Cons

iDonate simply works. Can't think of anything.

Sheila from Esalen Institute

iDonate seamlessly makes our online giving successful!

We run monthly reports from iDonate and this helps tremendously with our accounting reconciliation. Many of our donors use the recurring monthly, quarterly, or annual donations, which makes it all the more smooth at our end. We also like that we receive notification of the donation when the donor receives their receipt--this helps our donation processing system.

Pros

iDonate's website is very user friendly and easy to navigate and understand. Using iDonate for specific campaigns makes tracking the donations so much easier. We love the option to have donors select recurring monthly, quarterly, or annually. Donors receive a receipt and we are notified of the receipt to keep track of in our system.

Denise from Global Impact Ministries & Outreach Assoc

4 years with iDonate - Highly recommended

Pros

A dedicated customer support rep who is responsive, proactive and cares about our success. Multiple giving options for our donors both in what they donate and how they donate. Reliable platform Automation and customization of donor receipts Ability to accept donations from international donors Donors can set up a login to easily manage their donations

Cons

For a non-technical person who wears many hats within our small non profit, setup and new feature integration can sometimes take time to figure out. That being said, when I have had any issues that I couldn't figure out on my own, our wonderful customer support rep has helped solve any problems via a phone call or email.

Jenna from International Relief Teams

Great on the front end and user interface, poor on the back end/accounting

The support team tries to be helpful but often fall short. I think the company is still very new and has a lot of kinks to work out.

Amber from GoSendMe Global

Industry: Fund-Raising

Great product & customer service

Using idonate as a way for our donors to give to our non-profit on a monthly basis using the recurring payment schedule has been a huge help.

Pros

The iDonate interface is user friendly, and fairly easy to navigate through. The customer service is excellent with a quick response time.

Cons

A nice integration that I would like to see is a way to email donors, either individually or in mass. Also, there is a slight learning curve to setting up a new campaign & embed. It would be nice to have those in one place, in a step by step format possibly.

Lindsey from Simmons College of Kentucky

There are Better Fish in the Sea

For the price, you are not getting the full scope of what a CRM should be. There are other CRMs out there that can give you more "bang for your buck".

Pros

I like charts and graphics on the home page that keep your institution apprised of where you stand in your donations and retention. They are colorful and easy to read.

Cons

The software is not user-friendly. It's hard to navigate and not as comprehensive as other CRM software we have tried.

Kendra from Mission Create

iDonate is easy to navigate and integrate into systems, but with some overall limitations

Pros

Cons

Vendors utilized through iDonate to provide merchant services and ticketing aren't the most reliable or accurate. Should a problem arise with the outside vendor, it's easier to go directly to the outside vendor for a fix rather than iDonate. Customer support outside our primary contact is limited.

McCauley from Campus Outreach Ministries

Great online giving platform!

Overall my experience with iDonate has been great. I would recommend it to any organization looking for a great online giving platform.

Pros

Cons

It does not always have the functionality that we need. However, the team always listens to our requests for new functionality and they have even responded by getting the functionality added in the 18 months that I have used iDonate. Trying to reconcile the bank accounts is a challenge.

Stephanie from Newhouse

Excellent Customer Service/Tech Support! Easy to use software and text-to-donate a HUGE plus!

Pros

Easy to manage and edit/updates instantly for custom campaigns. Text-to-donate is a value with one-time set up fee. Has increased our giving through eblasts read on mobile devices- donors can instantly respond to a call to action, to text-to-gift. A non-profit must have!

Cons

It would be helpful to have a report feature that provided the option for saving different accounting reports.

Emily from Taylor's Gift Foundation

Our organization has had a wonderful customer experience with iDonate!

Pros

The easily adaptable platform for online giving and the competitive pricing for the services. We also love all of the giving channels for contributors to give to our organization.

Cons

We would love to see a special event platform to be able to interface into this online giving platform. This would allow us to capture sponsors, oversee registration, seating, bidder numbers, etc.

Greg from One Love Foundation

An overall well-built product with a few very irritating features and disappointing tech support.

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive, slick and clean design and UX. Salesforce integration works well, but functionality is limited.

Cons

Can't reassign gifts to different campaigns (why???). You can only host one P2P fundraiser under a campaign - makes no sense! No option to add a registration fee in conjunction with P2P fundraising. Can't process donations after an event closes when using the Event Management function - extremely frustrating and almost a deal-breaker. "Ways to Grow Giving" side menu is beyond annoying, getting into punch-the-screen territory: always shows the same "tips", no way to close the menu, menu covers half the screen and makes seeing some parts of the screen impossible (seems like a functionality that some poor developer was forced to create against their better judgement).

Tami from ABBA Fund

The software meets most of our needs. The staff is professional and easy to work with .

Pros

Our donors have choices when giving. Their staff is very helpful and a joy to work with. Thanks iDonate!

Cons

The goal meter is a little complicated and not as friendly as it could be. And, the sensitivity to internet providers can be annoying.

Tara from Cedar Lake foundation

As a whole, I give the idonate platform a 5 star rating. It is robust in its functionality.

Event management, peer-to peer fundraising and vehicle donation, all increasing our fundraising opportunities and dollars.

Pros

The software has allowed our organization to expand our fundraising opportunities. The system is user-friendly and customer service is top notch. The staff are professional and timely. I have found the tutorials and help articles to be a great resource and they complement our current marketing materials. Using this platform has increased our fundraising dollars in a fun and enhanced manner.

Christina from HACC, Central Pennsylvania's Community College

Based on my own experience and donor feedback, the portal is easy to navigate and user friendly.

Pros

I like the simplicity of our online giving form and the user-friendly functionality. I also think that the form is visually appealing.

Cons

I would like to see more customization options. We have many funds to which a donor can choose to give. It would be nice to have additional fields appear based on certain selections (for example, if a donor selects `scholarships, a drop-down menu of all available scholarships would appear).

Sarah from Mission of Hope

Industry: International Affairs

iDonate makes it so easy

Pros

I love that iDonate takes all the pressure & work off of our organization

Cons

Donors always try to give things that don't have enough value to liquidate. I know iDonate has FAQs but I would like to figure out a better way to put this in front of donors.

Melody from United Way Dallas

Using iDonate is easy to set up and quickly run campaigns.

Ease of setting up and using

Pros

We have the ability to integrate with GA to track channel conversion, which allows us to A/B test our marketing efforts.

Cons

Downloading donor can sometimes be cumbersome. There's no easy way to filter and download only the donor data you want. You have to download and sort and filter in CSV/Excel file.

Andy from Baker University

We needed to get up on a solution quickly that allowed multiple campaigns and with recurring payment

Ability to deal with recurring gifts, use of multiple campaigns at once, ease of use by non-IT staff

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to use. Many functionalities that will be very useful for the multiple types of campaigns we run

Cons

Price - we always want things to be less....but feel good about the investment we have made in iDonate

Steve from Caleb Company

August 2015

Stellar product backed by exceptional service. We are big fans of iDonate!

We were introduced to iDonate last year by one of our board members. After several conference calls and demos we launched out in using the online giving platform for our donors. We have been impressed! Pros: * Ease of use * Automated Thank You receipt sent immediately to the donor. * Back Office is a powerful tool to manage giving trends. Cons: * Once the monthly giving option is checked they no longer receive an automated thank you. They do receive an alert the day before their account is debited. I believe both are needed.

Barbara from Nativity House KC., Inc

August 2015

iDonate is a great product. It is so easy to use and customer support is top-notch.

I especially like the support staff at iDonate. They are patient and willing to help in any way they can. The software itself is great. Our donors are quickly directed to the donation type of their choice. It is a great product.