iMIS is a cloud-based association and non-profit management system that is mobile-ready and PCI-validated. The solution includes options for membership, fundraising, events, product sales, certification, email, online communities, automation, dashboards, and website management. The software is built on a responsive web design (RWD) and can be used on multiple devices.

iMIS contains CRM, CMS, and fundraising capabilities in one centralized platform. The solution fuses database management and web publishing in a single engagement management system eliminating data silos, improving reporting, and enabling continuous performance improvement. The software enables users to connect with members, donors, and other constituents to improve engagement and increase retention. The event management feature helps in planning, logistics, communication, and registration for events. The solution offers pricing based on registration date, membership type, and demographic information.

iMIS is used by of multiple types and sizes, in more than 20 countries providing services like associations, charities, regulatory, legal, public media, unions, AMCs, fraternal, and faith-based.

Events Dashboard

Supported Operating System(s):

Mac OS, Web browser (OS agnostic), Windows 8, Windows 10

42 Reviews of iMIS

4.5 / 5 stars

Start your review of iMIS

LinkedIn icon

iMIS membership

Very happy with product, we are a nonprofit organization and rely on membership dues and all of this is done using iMIS Desktop only without any concerns

Pros

currently use both iMIS desktop version 20 and iMIS Staffview

iMIS desktop - Ease of use, able to navigate to different modules without issues
iMIS staffview - easier for reports
Both versions have excellent customer support

Cons

iMIS desktop - user defined modules are not always done by same person so errors take longer to fix
iMIS Staffview - not as user friendly, not able to do any billing as not all modules are currently available in ours

Kara from Iowa Medical Society

The system is user friendly and customizable allowing us to access and report member data.

Pros

It is centralize data collection, storage, and reporting system. We manage multiple state specialty societies and are able to have one record for individuals that are have dual memberships. This also allows individuals to pay dues for multiple organizations, and give voluntary contributions all in one place.

Cons

The reporting feature, IQA, can be very intimidating. Since one may pull reports from a single or multiple sections and data fields within the system, understanding how to obtain the desired data can be time consuming at first, however, with experience it is very easy to retrieve data quickly and easily.

Beth from ASTA

Number of employees:  2-10 employees

Overall I think it is a great product, mostly can be customized to what you need it to do.

Flexibility and easy to use, seamless integration with website, customizable, time saving reporting

Pros

The system is pretty intuitive and easy to use, to customize and to report out from. Flexibility to customize data collection and reporting, seems to have much more capacity than how we are using it, and each update release captures information and data points pertinent with the changing landscape of today's associations.

Cons

Some missing reporting - it is a membership system yet unlike modules for meetings, orders, etc. it is not able to produce a membership receipt for dues payments through the system.
Also, some compatibility problems with exporting data to other vendor platforms. Can work around the issues, just takes a little bit more time and effort to make it work.

LinkedIn icon

Number of employees:  11-50 employees

Our company has been using iMIS for at least a decade. Very easy to use and functional!

Pros

It is easy to use, and takes care of everything we want in a CRM. There's out-of-the-box functionality as well as custom; it just depends on what you want!

Cons

A bit pricey, but sometimes that's necessary. Sometimes wish there were more out-of-the-box features! It can sometimes be annoying having to upgrade all the time to fix small things, but it's a necessary thing we go through for these types of projects.

Margo from FARB

Very difficult to use

Pros

I am not sure that I can find something that I like about iMIS. ALL of the interactions I have had with staff that requires the use of iMIS have resulted in time loss.

Cons

The amount of effort/time/resources that are spent on getting our data into and out of iMIS is a significant cost - it negates the price point and makes the product significantly more expensive in the long-run.

Leonard from AGC of Missouri

Number of employees:  11-50 employees

Very robust but very difficult to use. Move to on-line platform has me considering another solution

Lots of features, integrated website

Pros

Full range of features that can ultimately handle almost anything you can throw at it. I like the integration with the website.

Cons

As the desktop version becomes abandoned for the move to the on-line web version, features that we counted on are disappearing. Some of the features we are losing are having me seriously consider other options for our AMS

Courtney from TCSA

Number of employees:  2-10 employees

The excellent customer service makes up for any issues I run into.

Great software that is pretty simple, and allows me to create a great website, and communicate with our customers on a daily basis.

Pros

Again, the customer service is my favorite part. I am not very technologically savvy, so the in depth explanations of different functions of the site are so helpful and allow me to give our customers the best websites.

Cons

I feel the software is still pretty complicated, even with the iMIS tutorials, at least for someone who is not use to diving very deep into the stuff behind websites.

Susan from NMHC

Robust system, still behind on web-based front facing UX.

Pros

Has robust and well thought out processes. Incredibly supportive user community. Is committed to moving to web-based. Product development path has become more transparent.

Cons

The web-based front facing UX still complicated but is getting better. This is not cheap and needs a lot of third-party support to get full functionality expected of systems in today's market.

Lori from TAPPI

Number of employees:  11-50 employees

I've been working with iMIS for almost 2 years. Overall it's been a great experience.

It definitely increased my knowledge for creating and revised Crystal Reports.

Pros

I like the flexibility of the system to be able to add customized reports for other users to access.

Cons

Desktop version is not so user friendly for the not so frequent user. I'm excited about the web based version and hoping that more staff will get on board and use it.

Bridget from Gamma Phi Beta Sorority

Overall iMIS has been an improvement in our member management software.

Pros

We appreciate that is more robust than our previous system allowing to capture and track additional important data points, as well as keep relationships that we could not keep prior to switching. Although we are not a typical association, we've been able to adapt the system easily for our needs.

Cons

We find that the documentation available can be slight and it feels sometimes like the user end was not considered when doing upgrades. The transition to the staff site has also been difficult as all labels and naming have changed.

Sarah from Association for Advancing Automation

I've been using iMIS for almost 18 years, it is easy for me to use.

Pros

the ability to make it conform to how my organization needs to use it. it is flexible enough to handle almost anything we need.

Cons

learning the new features or potential for areas of improvement seems hard. to make updates to how data is stored, you really need to have an AiSP unless you are very skilled or confident in SQL.

Greg from California District Attorney Association

Complex software that in the right hands can provide very rich data and information.

Pros

Extremely customizable software solution with hundreds of data fields and related tables. The user support network is friendly and very welcoming. The National user group offers extensive training options. The reseller network is robust. Once you figure out your standard operating procedures, it works very well. There are a lot of standard web site templates and integrating the database to websites gives the ability to provide very highly unique experiences to highly segmented audiences.

Cons

Requires advanced knowledge of databases and SQL reporting. Be prepared to have consultants do much of the maintenance work. To get the web sites working very well, requires knowledge of a proprietary CMS. Finding job candidates with experience using the software can be a challenge and training costs will be higher for that.

Jazmyn from Pilates Method Alliance

Specialty:  Associations

Number of employees:  2-10 employees

Switched to IMIS and havent looked back

Pros

1. Increased functionality
2. Great Customer support
3. Clean, modern design
4. Is a huge program, but doesnt feel bulky

Cons

As a very small association in the midst of growing, we knew that we had to upgrade our software system but wanted something that would continue to grow with us. IMIS has this capability but it is at the very top of our budget.

Christine from EPCOR

I feel it isUser friendly and versatile allows for many tracking options and reporting capabilities

Pros

I feel it is fairly easy to use and flexible. It allows us to have a lot of options for reporting and tracking

Cons

I don't have a dislike for this system. I enjoy using it and recommend this service to everyone. It is good to have.

Courtney from Texas Bankers Association

Staff Site promises to be easier than the desktop version, can't wait.

Pros

The database is easy to update, the information can be exported for sorting and filtering, and the optional features (duplicate merge) make my job much easier.

Cons

It is difficult to know from which department to seek help, when having technical issues. But when you get the right person, they are very knowledgeable.

Cheryl from AGCMO

Number of employees:  11-50 employees

Great functionality. As fairly new user, some modules are very easy to learn; others take time.

Ease of event setup and communication w/ event registrants, Association member management and communication; ease of updating website.

Pros

Being able to update website fairly easily. Having capability to communicate directly w/ event registrants. Being able to export reports more easily.

Cons

Depending on modules you are subscribed too, some functionality seems to be limited. Understanding queries and how to set those up; understanding event setup.

Beth from AGC of Missouri

Number of employees:  11-50 employees

iMIS is a good tool for managing association data. It is easy for staff and engages membership.

The dashboards are very handy giving a quick visual of what is happening and what needs attention.

Pros

I like setting up events and assisting members with credentials. I seldom get phone calls or emails for assistance because the website is very user friendly and members can register for events from any devise they have.

Cons

I'm a report person and would run lots of them. Using dashboards to get my reporting was my least favorite but it is getting easier and actually saves paper. There are also IQA's to get more specific reporting.

Amanda from PTR

I love iMIS!

Pros

The ease of use! The functionality! The options! There is so much to iMIS that can be utilized by organizations that will make every day operations easy and beneficial.

Cons

I would only say that a con to the software is that some of the modules aren't included in the out of the box software.

Teri from American Law Institute

Installation and implementation of upgrades have gone smoothly, still on desktop.

Pros

The software allows is to maintain membership demographic information and organize the data in a way where staff have access to the information they need. Being able to create IQA for some of the requests has been most helpful.

Cons

While I understand everything off the the shelf isn't for every organization, more times than not, we've had to customize or build something totally out of iMIS to fulfill our needs. (i.e. our mandatory CLE tracking for each state is different. There's no flexibility in the iMIS CEU tracking for us to be able to do this in iMIS)

Victor from NAREIT

Number of employees:  11-50 employees

We have been using iMIS for 20 years and continue to integrate it with all our business processes.

Pros

Integration with our business processes, the functionality and flexibility of RiSE, third party integrated solutions, and hosted option.