All iWave Reviews

Reviewed May 2018

IWave is very easy to use with great features, and the customer support is exceptional.

PROS

I get an intelligent snapshot on a prospect in a flash with various data sets. Creating prospect lists for individuals and corporations using various data sets like real estate, Thomson Reuters, donations, alumni and Prospects of Wealth. Qualifying prospect lists (PROScore/RFM) is impressive and has helped our Major Gifts pipeline. The Canadian and US foundations information in IWave is up to date and is very useful.

CONS

Duplicates in giving history - this can impact on scoring the prospect (on # and amount). RelSci data is not very dynamic and is not local for my use.

William

Reviewed May 2018

My experience with iWave has been excellent!

Quality data that helps us identify and target fundraising prospects. The software is a great value for the cost. The software has saved us a great deal of time identifying and researching new prospects allowing us to get them to our front line gift officers much sooner that we had in the past.

PROS

1) Quality of data--accurate data including real estate, Thomson Reuters, D&B, RelSci and HEPdata to name a few of the databases available. 2) Affordability--great for offices on a tight budget. Great returns for a minimal investment. 3) Ease of use--the search features are intuitive. The 360 search tool is a great feature offering fast comprehensive searches with drill through capability. 4) The screening capability is intuitive to use and offers some customization for each batch. The results are returned quickly and can be used to rapidly identify top prospects and build profiles. 5) Customer support has provided thorough knowledgeable responses in a timely manner. 6) The developers at iWave are always striving to improve their product. They seem to roll out a new feature each year that only enhances the value of the product, without increasing the cost. Moreover, they listen to their customers and try to include new features and databases requested by users. iWave has been a great tool for our office for about ten years. It is used not only by prospect research, but also by the biographical and gift teams who use iWave to locate constituents and research matching gift companies. I have been involved with prospect research for about 20 years, and I feel that iWave has developed the best desktop research product I have used so far.

CONS

Honestly, there isn't anything that I do not like about iWave. One thing on my wish list would be the addition of a general news database, but this is not a deal breaker for me.

Brandy

Non-Profit Organization Management, 1 employee

Honest Review

Overall, my experience has been fine.

PROS

I like the ease of finding information. I like the idea that it can be easily exported (however, I can't stand the new profile format).

CONS

I absolutely hate the new profile layout. It looks childish and unprofessional and I've stopped sending it to fundraisers. Exporting it as a Word doc and editing it defeats the purpose of it being a time saving resource.

Hi Brandy, thank you for your review and honesty regarding the profile layout. I have passed along that feedback to our team for review. Thanks again!

Laura

A Much Needed Resource for Prospect Research

Some of the information I come across is actually more up to date and more expansive than the results I come up with elsewhere. I therefore consider it to be essential for us to continue to use.

PROS

For my particular needs, I find iWave to be the best resource to go to for real estate information, donor giving and board memberships. Of course there is much more information out there that iWave delves into. It's very easy to use, with tabs for category clearly marked on top, and sections on the side to get screenings, create profiles and access news if it falls under your subscription.

CONS

My organization never bothered with mass screenings, as we use ResearchPoint for that because it integrates easily with Raisers Edge. My impression was that it didn't work as well, if at all, with Raisers Edge, which prevented us from fully using iWave.

Pricing and features combined

Hi Laura, thank you for your review! Good news! iWave does integrate with Raiser's Edge NXT. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our great support team or your dedicated Client Success Manager to learn more about how this integration works!

Matthew

Higher Education, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed February 2022

My favorite resource, paid or otherwise

My favorite resource, paid or otherwise, would definitely have to be iWave, with the reason being that it offers effectively everything (with the only exception being the lack of capacity calculator). It is always my first stop when trying to find anything from contact information to job titles to stock data, it very often provides even more complete and comprehensive giving information than Research Point, and its company search feature is an incredibly useful tool indeed. My job would be significantly more difficult without it.

PROS

The product has the ablility to search from contact information to Job titles to Stock data. It very often provides even more complete and comprehensive giving information than Research Point, and its company search feature is an incredibly useful tool indeed.

CONS

iWave has a lack of capacity calculator which would help gauge an individuals total wealth.

Hi Matthew, thank you for your review! iWave Capacity is an estimated five-year dollar amount of what an individual could potentially give. To learn more about iWave's capacity calculation, please reach out to your Client Success Manager or our support team, we'd be happy to hear any feedback you have!

Christopher

Non-Profit Organization Management, 1 employee

Solo Consultant

Overall experience has been great. Customer service has been top-notch during my time using the product. I appreciate the emails telling me new or lesser-used product traits.

PROS

Integrate great sourced materials. Easy to look up real estate addresses, foundation outlays. One-stop shop where i can add significant value for clients.

CONS

As a solo user, the pricing is expensive. I need to work for roughly a week and a half straight/paid in order to break even (not considering taxes). I do consulting part-time so the cost really eats into this product driving income.

Hi Christopher, thank you for your review! We understand that as a solo user pricing is an important factor to you. Please don't hesitate to reach out to your Client Success Manager our our support team to learn some tips and tricks on how to see the best ROI with iWave!

Kristy

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed January 2022

All in one stop for prospect research

Such a time saver! Accurate data, easy to use and verify.

PROS

iWave is my go-to tool for all things prospect research. It quickly and easily shows me all the information about a prospect and I'm easily able to click through for more details. I love the philanthropic giving section because iWave attaches PDFs so I can confirm if the data is correct. It saves me so much time!

CONS

I'd love to be able to filter more of the results based on city or name. When using the Company lookup feature, when the list of employees is very long, you have to click and click to get to go through the alphabetical listing of employees to find the one you are looking for. A search option within this would be ideal.

Thank you for your review, Kristy. Thank you as well for providing a great suggestion, I have forwarded that along to our product team!

A Good Value With a Few Flaws

Easy to deal with, overall very satisfied.

PROS

IWave, overall, is still a well priced all in one solution that gives access to many searchable databases across the data points needed to evaluate a philanthropic prospect. The customizability of its scoring (assuming we know what we are doing and why) is also a great help.

CONS

However, I preferred the older version, I found that it was much better at searching the subtle details properly. The new version frequently misses pieces of real estate due to less flexible search parameters, doesn't fully capture many SEC events, misinterprets stock options and similar issues and has spotty historical data. So false negatives are a constant to be aware of.

Thank you for your review, James and for your honest feedback. I have passed along your feedback to our product team for review.

Leticia

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Good Tool

PROS

I like that this integrates multiple data sources and the updates are served at the schedule of the data source. It's great that you can create donor profiles and choose which pieces of information match your donor.

CONS

I wouldn't mind having a more precise way to look at obituaries or to have a way to upload a list and see if the names match any obituaries. I wish there could be an option to expand the number of hits one gets from RelSci data source. It would be useful to be able to look at historical addresses.

Reasons for switching to iWave

iWave's offering was more suitable to what we're looking for than the other product we were using.

Thank you for your review, Leticia. Great feedback! I've forwarded it along for review.

Dawn

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Great research tool

I love iWave. I use it in conjunction with several other research databases to be able to provide a well-rounded view of our prospects. iWave is easy to use and provides information from many sources and I find it to be invaluable in my day to day work

PROS

I love the real estate feature that allows you to look at the individual transactions for each property. It allows lists additional properties that person may own so that you can further your research.

CONS

I have not found the political giving module to be very helpful, as I am always able to find more political giving using other resources. I also do not find the Database USA to provide much useful information

Reason for choosing iWave

I had used iWave at another institution in the past and wanted to add it to our resources here at CNU.

Carol

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

IWAVE Appreciation

I've used IWAVE for probably 20 years and it has always improved through the years. I use it every day, all day.

PROS

Interface is very easy to use. Makes a good resource to use with other products when comparing results especially for finding donations from other non-profits. Listens to customers and adds enhancements according customer suggestions.

CONS

Adding dates is cumbersome in profiles. Information in profiles should be automatically bleed through to general information, should not have to be re-entered manually.

Reason for choosing iWave

IWave is the alternative product used with other capacity products.

Hi Carol, thank you for your review and for your feedback, I have passed it along to our team for review.

Alyssa

Performing Arts, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2022

An essential tool for prospect researchers

My overall experience with iWave is very positive. While there are some instances where data isn't perfect, it's a great place to start vetting information.

PROS

I appreciate that it aggregates various information data sets in a single research database. It is intuitive and user friendly so the ease of use is perfect. Being able to search and then access annual reports is an essential part of determining philanthropic inclination and capacity, which is essential to my work.

CONS

Occasionally I find gift types are improperly labelled in iWave (ex. cumulative gift listings being labelled as annual gifts). As a result, I regularly double check the gift type, so it's great to have direct access to the annual reports, etc. being referenced. It would be great if there was a feature to report these records.

Reason for choosing iWave

I word in Canada but have worked with organizations that see value in US prospects, giving and property data.

Thank you for your review, Alyssa. Great feedback, I have passed it along to our product team!

Robert

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2018

iWave PRO is my go-to resource

iWave PRO provides the most complete resources at the best value.

PROS

iWave PRO is comprehensive and easy-to-use. They have done a tremendous job aggregating data resources that key in on the most helpful information. With all that they already offer, they are always striving to provide even more content. iWave PRO allows me to research and qualify more prospects in a shorter amount of time.

CONS

iWave recently included on a trial basis data from Pipl. I appreciated both the content and how it was formatted. If possible, I would love to see this content restored on a permanent basis - either from Pipl or a similar vendor.

Elisa

Fund-Raising, 2-10 employees

Important Tool in the Researcher's Toolbox

PROS

General search is the best for people. I love seeing all the information in one place. Real estate is also great alternative to looking up property in county assessor's office.

CONS

Tricky to find certain details. Don't love that the screening software now only shows up 25 lines at a time. I wish it was the general search where you can look specifically at the set of data.

Thank you for your review, Elisa. I've made note of your comments regarding screening and passed them along to our team.

Sharlotte

Fund-Raising, 51-200 employees

Great Prospecting Tool

PROS

It's incredibly easy to use and gives important information that I often can't find elsewhere to help in qualifying donors. I can find donations that aren't on any other site.

CONS

The way the search works sometimes in only allowing very specific searches, primarily in the real estate tab. If you type too much, then the property won't show up.

Thank you for your review, Sharlotte. I've forwarded along your feedback regarding searches.

Veronika

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Research Development Experience

PROS

Great functionality, very important for the day-to-day activities of a research development team Great customer service Always adapting to the needs of customers Easy ability to go to source material/pdf of the annual reports for donations

CONS

Some of the features are not available for Canadian donors. Most notably, being able to filter donors to a particular "indicator" or field. This works for US organizations but not for Canadian organizations.

Hi Veronkia, thank you for your review! I have provided your feedback regarding Canadian donors to our product team!

powerful datasets, gold-standard interface

PROS

iWave PRO brings together excellent datasets for professional background, charitable giving, real estate, and other areas. The interface is the best in the industry, making it very easy to query based on prospect names or indirectly. Results can be easily exported for additional analysis and reporting.

CONS

The profile-building feature is not strong, and the company has been cagey about its batch screening functionality.

Nicole