Keela Reviews

4.22 / 5 (177)

Our advisors have recommended this product 38 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "Easy of use, set up and price. We were able to set up our donor page ourselves - very easy."

• "I liked the easy use and has several cool options for programs that we need for the non for profit. "

• "Keela is easy to use and low cost with great integration with other applications."

• Cons

• "This is our first data management that we’ve used so I’m not sure what would be missing. "

• "Support (although very professional) only by email. Would prefer a phone support."

• "So far, I love it. The only thing I can think of is that the search function isn't always accurate. If I use the search function under contacts, then I have a much easier way of finding things. "

Browse Keela Reviews

Leigh from Fawkes + Holly

Keela has been highly responsive and quick to evolve to meet the practical needs of its customers.

Pros

I like the simplicity of Keela however, it's important to point out that the simplicity doesn't compromise how useful the tool is. They've stripped down the CRM model to make it exactly what fundraisers at small and medium size charity need and got rid of all the extra widgets that just make tracking donor data unnecessarily complicated. We have also greatly appreciated the quick response time of the support team. Multiple features that we have suggested would be useful have shown up in new iterations of the product and the team regularly checks in with us to make sure that we are happy.

Cons

The dashboard isn't the best. I would appreciate being able to customize it to be able to see the information that is important to you at a glance.

Response from Networks for Change

Replied February 2018

Thanks for your feedback! We are planning to make some improvements to the dashboard and we'd love to hear your ideas. Please get in touch with us here: http://bit.ly/2H0UvvM

Linda from AATPC

Industry: Mental Health Care

I started working with Keela on my own and now we have a Development Director who is on Keela daily. It has been a huge help in determining how different campaigns are working. We can do everything we need to communicate with contacts through Keela.

Pros

I switched to Keela after using eTapestry which I found ridiculously complicated. I wanted something that I could use immediately. I also wanted a platform that could generate emails and newsletters. We stopped using Constant Contact and Mail Chimp and found that the emails we generated from Keela was sufficient for our use. This not only saved us money but time in having to update contact lists from 2 places.

Cons

I still find making reports harder then it should be. It is sometimes hard to find a contact, even if you input the email address. Finding duplicates takes several steps. There was an interface with Google Chrome that would copy your emails for that contact to Keela. This was a real time saver, but I believe they are discontinuing this. You can now do a blind copy to Keela but so far I haven't remembered to do this!

Courtney from Full Cirlce Farm Sanctuary

Keela Review

So far it has been good, I am happy with our choice and the abilities, I think with some key enhancements this could be a really great platform.

Pros

I like the overall donor management options including importing donations from other sources, the ability to soft credit, adding volunteer hours, etc. The cost of the software if excellent and it links to several other programs we use. Customer Service is great when I do reach out for help.

Cons

I would the forms to be more dynamic, right now I have to create too many forms. An example if a campaign we did for a free sticker, within the campaign we wanted to offer the donor a chance to pay for the sticker shipping and possible donate something extra. I couldn't do this in one form, I needed a for ​the free part and separate from if they wanted to donate. Overall I think the forms could be improved to allow for more flexibility​, I would like to have some of the questions like "pay for the fee" to default to Yes. Pulling reporting from specific forms is not easy, we use this for tour registrations and it is cumbersome to get to the responses sorted by tour day, overall forms could be more efficient​ and enhanced. I would also like to see a mobile app.

Reasons for Choosing Keela

Overall package, features, pricing and customer service during the process. We were also referred to Keela by another sanctuary who spoke highly of the platform.

Response from Keela

Replied September 2019

Hello Courtney! Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time. I'm so glad to hear that you are happy with Keela! The Customer Success team have loved working with you too! We've got some really exciting enhancements to forms scheduled soon - I think you're going to love them! Stay tuned and thanks again.

Melanie from New Mexico First

Keela to supports my nonprofit needs!

Pros

I am so happy to have found Keela to supports my nonprofit needs! At first, I was impressed with the sales team and the product presented to me. The team took the time necessary to help me understand the product. They were not pushy and answered all my questions. They are more affordable than competitors with similar functionality. The software is super easy to use. It looks great. The functionality is excellent and is getting better each day. I really love the software. The best thing about Keela is their ongoing customer support. They are prompt when I request help. They answer the questions I ask specifically. They are really lovely! I am on a first-name basis with one of them. Ha. I recommend this software. It has been excellent for our nonprofit. We are a public policy nonprofit.

Cons

I do not use the dashboard so much and it's not that customizable.

Reasons for Choosing Keela

The others were too big! I did not feel like I would get the attention I needed. Also, Keela was more affortable and just as impressive as fundly and donor perfect.

Response from Keela

Replied April 2020

Hi Melanie, thanks so much for your fabulous review! We all love working with you, so glad you've enjoyed working with us too :) Regarding the dashboards, some great improvements are coming in our new platform that you'll have the chance to migrate to this summer. We look forward to sharing that new enhancement as well as many others with you very soon!

Doug from OneMessageTV Inc.

Very happy with Keela

My experience with Keela has been wonderful. I truly believe their heart is to provide a great product and an affordable price for non-profits of all sizes. We're a new and small non-profit but I feel like they give me just as much attention and support as they would a larger one. If I ever run into a question about how to do something, my customer support contact responds quickly and usually sends a personalized video telling and showing me how to accomplish what I am trying to do. The start up and data import process was simple enough to do myself. I use Keela every single day to manage our donor information and communication, eBlasts, fundraising (donations, pledges, recurring transactions, etc.), campaigns, formbuilding, etc.

Pros

I like everything about Keela. Their contact/donor management is powerful and thorough. Their forms are easy to set up for any need you might have - donor, subscription, membership, or other custom needs. Also, there is no limit to the number of forms you can create so you can have different forms for different campaigns, donor contact segments, responses to eBlasts, etc. Their integrated eBlasts are easy to set up and the layout and templates are nice and flexible. I no longer use an external email system. I do everything within Keela. They've recently rolled out a completely new interface that I love and they're adding new functions and features all the time. One of the best things about Keela though is their customer support. They respond quickly. I have a direct rep who is quick to address any problems or questions I have and she does a fantastic job of helping. They're open to input and suggestions. They have an idea portal where you can suggest new features and they actually work on implementing ideas regularly.

Cons

The biggest thing I wish they could do that is currently not available is to accept donations via eCheck or Bank ACH withdrawal. They are working on this though and I believe it will be implemented eventually. There are a few other bells and whistles that I would love to see added, but they are definitely secondary items. The core functionalities of Keela work great so my cons aren't really cons. They're more of a wish list that will probably be implemented eventually. Other than that, I really have no complaints.

Reasons for Choosing Keela

Some of the others had some individual features that I really liked, but over all, I liked Keela's interface and the sum total of all of their features and functionalities. With others I liked much of what they offered but always felt like one key piece was missing or that it cost too much to add the functionality that I really needed. With Keela, you get the full power of their system no matter what level you buy in at. I also felt like their understanding of and commitment to non-profits of all sizes was real. I felt like they care and my experience with them has proven that to be true.

Response from Keela

Replied May 2020

Wow Doug, what an excellent review! Our team is so appreciative of all the detail you provided. You have been an absolute pleasure to work with. We can tell you are super engaged with making the most of Keela and can not wait to see all the things you accomplish. Also, we think having a wishlist for Keela is great. Our product is built from these very ideas, so keep them coming! As always, we are happy to have you, keep up the brilliant work :)

Elsa from Eastern Front Theatre

Industry: Performing Arts

A fantastic value for getting your business organized

Customer service has been incredible. Prompt, helpful and definitely above and beyond my expectations. I appreciate the newsletters Keela sends out - they are relevant and timely.

Pros

I find the software very easy to use. The customer database is laid out very well and I love you can track emails through gmail. The email creator is a wonderful addition and it is very helpful to have a newsletter generator built right into your database software.

Cons

I wish the dashboard was more customizable. I would like to see some automation available in the campaign section - to have emails triggered automatically would be helpful.

Reasons for Choosing Keela

keela offered the best bang for our buck. The customer service staff I dealt with during my trial was extremely helpful. Their onboarding was smooth and painless. It mattered that it was a Canadian company and they were committed to helping non-profits.

Response from Keela

Replied March 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review, Elsa! We are so glad to hear that you're enjoying Keela :) I have some good news in that we've launched more customization for the dashboard in our new platform, that you'll have the opportunity to migrate to in the coming months. Also, I love your idea on email automation - I'll definitely get that to our product team for consideration for future releases. Thanks again for your time and we look forward to sharing the new dashboard with you very soon!

Liz from Bridges for Women Society

Industry: Mental Health Care

Very Responsive Customer Service

Keela is an easy-to-use, glitch-free software with a great team behind it.

Pros

Keela was easy to implement and start using. The help desk team are fantastic and responsive to all inquiries and problems. It has sufficient functionality for our needs at a small nonprofit. Their developers are responsive to feedback on our needs.

Cons

Keela really needs a mobile platform and it would be great to have more robust reporting capacity; I still need to do some report-building in spreadsheets instead.

Reasons for Choosing Keela

We wanted to go with a smaller, local company.

Response from Keela

Replied May 2020

Hi Liz! We just wanted to reach out and thank you for your review! It has been a pleasure working with you and your team. We have appreciated all your suggestions since you've been with Keela. In response to your comment, we can't wait to introduce mobile. It's currently under testing, so it's coming super soon! Keep up the great work and stay tuned :)

Janice from The Company Theatre

Industry: Performing Arts

Glad we switched

My overall experience is great. I feel that it has take our company to the next level.

Pros

I like the dashboard element. It is a nice visual to help keep track of donation goals. I like that I can use it as a database as well as an email marketing platform. I also like that all of our employees can access the same information from their remote workplaces.

Cons

I would love over the phone assistance. I wish there was a easier way to follow up on un-open emails as well as build more complicated mailing lists.

Response from Keela

Replied May 2020

Hi Janice! Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad to hear that Keela has helped take your company to the next level! Also, we are continuing to add filter options for your Contact list so you can make your mailing list as sophisticated as you would like, stay tuned! We also hope that in the future we can introduce phone support as Keela continues to evolve. Thanks again for giving Keela such a great review, it keeps us motivated :)

R. Brad from M&T Bank

A Quick, Low-ish Cost Solution for a Non-profit that lacked structure

Overall this software has (or will be) a lifesaver. Our staff have had difficulties adjusting to the new system, mainly because there is structure and specific data points where before it was a mish mash of data in notebooks, Excel files, and Post-It notes. I would like to see some additional development devoted specifically to customization of the system. Keela is very much a rigid cloud solution with little to no customization options. Having the ability to control the look and feel of the system, donor-facing data, and being able to control what inputs are allowed from users would be a huge help. At the end of the day, though, Keela is a great solution for a small nonprofit who is looking for a quick solution at low cost.

Pros

-Easy to onboard donors and volunteers (the difficult part was organizing the data to make it upload properly which has more to do with the administration of the organization that the software. -Immediate, flexible training for the staff. -Relatively simple interface. I say relatively because sometimes its almost "too" easy and some members of the staff overlook the simple solution.

Cons

-I am not fond of the analytics tool. Again, maybe this has more to do with the fact that its too simple, but as an analyst I find it difficult to get the information I want easily. -We have had some struggles with the integration with other vendors-specifically MailChimp. After following all the instructions for both companies, we still cannot complete a good link.

Response from Networks for Change

Replied January 2019

Hello Brad! I'm so glad to hear your feedback - especially your sentiments about training which the Customer Success team are particularly proud of :). I'm also pleased that you find the system to be easy - Our goal is a simple system that users can transition to easily so this is very good news! I understand that the Analytics tool can be challenging sometimes - and I'm happy to let you know that we're making improvements to it early this year! We'd also love to hear your suggestions for what you'd like to see (you can post them here: (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/new)) In the meantime, if you would ever like suggestions on how to access your desired information please don't hesitate to reach out to support@networksforchange.org - we will do our best to find a quick and easy way to get what you need. Also, please also let us know if you are still experiencing issues with MailChimp - We'll be happy to take a look.

Melissa from Vertile Foundation

Vertile Foundation

It's been good. One other thing, your [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] offered to donate money to us when we first signed up. This never happened and we weren't credited that amount either. It would be nice to get that as a credit for next year.

Pros

It's very easy to use. I really like that we can put in recurring donations easily.

Cons

Right now, we're mainly using this software to help with time-consuming tasks like sending tax receipts. It would be really helpful if you had a very customizable template for these letters. I would only like to show the necessary info - date, amount and customer name. They don't need anything else from the database and if it's messy and include too much info, we'll have to do it manually. Also, we prefer to not to put dates in there, so it would be nice to send a receipt that a cumulative amount for the year or one that lists out all of the dates and amounts. Some people want all of the amounts and dates but 95% don't. As we start using Keela more for targeting larger donors, your reporting features will be nice. It would be great to see top donors by year and then compare them by year. This allows us to see if someone is donating more or less than usual. This also helps us identify potential larger donors. You have a total donations amount listed in the contact summary. It would be nice to have a list by year for the last 3 years so we can easily see a trend and a report that shows this would also be great.

Mentioned above

Response from Keela

Replied February 2020

Thank you so much for your feedback! It's very much appreciated. Great news - both the ability to customize receipts and a report of Top Donors within Keela are two features that we are building right now. I'm so glad to hear that our Product Team is heading in the right direction :) Top Donor reports will be available in the upcoming months when your organization transitions to our newest platform - stay tuned for more details! I've sent an email to you from our support@keela.com email address to follow up on your credit - lookout for it today. Thanks again!

Elisabeth from Animals in Science Policy Institute

Review for small charity with staff of one looking to grow our capacity

Overall Keela is excellent and I love using it. More than that, I love the Keela brand and what the company stands for. There's a warmth and personal approach that helps me feel confident that the Keela team are in my corner. Since I'm the only staff member for my charity, I can't overstate the importance of feeling like Keela are an extended part of my charity team - you help me feel supported and less alone. Thank you! (Also love the annual capacity conference - please keep it coming!!)

Pros

The price point is REALLY amazing for very small, young charities. For the functionality, Keela offers huge bang for our buck. My charity Board love that Keela are specifically aiming to help small charities like our grow our capacity. Switching to Keela has allowed me (the ED and sole staff member) to streamline our work flows and automate a bunch of things (like tax receipts and donor thank yous!) that were taking up a lot of my time.

Cons

One thing that bugs me a lot is when someone uses the contact form that is embedded into our website I seem to need to click through several layers in Keela to actually get to their message (notifications > contact > interactions > contact form > message). It'd be amazing if somehow those messages were easier to access - it took me a few goes to figure out that I need to look up "interactions" for a contact, and not "emails".

Reasons for Choosing Keela

Price, and no need for member logins. Keela has reduced barriers to entry for donors/members, which I love!

Response from Keela

Replied November 2019

Hi Elisabeth, thanks so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review for Keela! We are so warmed that you consider us part of your team. We definitely love helping out our customers and consider them part of the Keela family as well :) I've passed on your feedback to our team regarding the form responses and interactions vs emails. We are currently working on some improvements, so hopefully, these items will be included in a release soon!

Great starter tool, needs more features for more mature orgs

This is my second non-profit where I've chosen to install Keela. The first installation worked super well for managing donations and volunteers. The second installation is for a more mature non-profit, and requires managing donations, memberships year over year, and putting financial entries into quickbooks. This isn't working quite as well because we need more sophisticated features than Keela provides. I appreciate the support team a lot. They respond quickly and try to find workarounds for us. My feeling is we are probably pushing Keela over its current functionality because we have sophisticated needs, and will have to wait for features to be developed to keep using this tool. I don't want to migrate to yet another tool, having done so much integration work with Keela, and only being 6 months into having converted to Keela from a desktop version of Membertize. My first installation also provided a lot more data migration support, and the second one, I was on my own. Overall, it's a friendlier tool than most on the market. Sometimes it can be hard to figure out how to perform a certain function, as not all menus are totally intuitive, or you have to press a special button on the left, etc. For a start-up org or non-profit just needing to track donations and volunteers, Keela is ideal and far less on the cost than more mature systems.

Pros

Easy to use, start-up ease, good import process, easy export. It worked really well for me in one non-profit where I needed simple email blasts, to track donations, volunteers, etc. It has a nice automatic email form for donations and memberships. You can search your contacts easily by name or email, and tag groups easily. Tags are easy to organize. The old dashboard did a great job managing campaigns and tracking donations against the goal. For small orgs, this is a good basic starter tool for managing your contacts and interactions.

Cons

It's missing some things a more mature org needs. We're a neighborhood organization that relies on memberships. There's no renewal process in Keela at this time. You can't search by street name or address fields, so broadcasting to a group on a street is impossible. Sometimes we feel Keela gets 'tired' and can't find a contact we know is in there. So we refresh the browser, and lo and behold, there it is. The integration to mailchimp is weak, and unfortunately, Keela's email blast tool isn't as robust as Mailchimp, so we're forced to stay on Mailchimp. We've had problems with the quickbooks integration not putting funds into the right account. The other problem is reporting. We find the tools not as robust as we'd like for reporting total membership sales data. We've also had to cancel a class of membership and redo it, and that jacked all our reporting for people who'd already taken out memberships under the 'wrong' class. For a larger org with heavier membership management needs, this tool, wasn't as robust as we hoped.

Response from Networks for Change

Replied May 2019

Hi there. Thank you for providing such detailed feedback. This is absolutely outstanding and we are very grateful to you for taking the time. I've crossed referenced some of the missing features you mentioned (such as address filtering and membership reporting) and I can see that they are logged in our Ideas Portal and our Product Team are working hard to introduce them. Thank you for sharing this with us - it's instrumental in our quest for constant improvement! :)

Gina from Spectra Helpline

I love Keela! is very organized, efficient and user friendly. I wouldn't use any other program

Saving Time, organizing how we manage our volunteers (I would suggest at Social Services to your industry category as it isn't there and thats what we do.)

Pros

Visually appealing: good use of colour to organize categories and make it easy to find, images that help identify what category has what information. I had A.D.D and so many websites or programs are so text heavy and overwhelming and everything is shouting at you at the page to notice it. This program is superior in its use and look. User Friendly: I got the hang of the program easily. It is very detailed and easy to use. I like the fact I can email a volunteer and all the staff can see the email thread between us both. That is very convenient. My favorite is the interactions page. As I can see if there is a LOA posted, or if the volunteer only wants to volunteer in one program and not another. I am able to find out what is going on with the volunteer without reaching out to each one or calling a staff member as we all post our interactions in there. It saves me a lot of time and any program that can offer that is aces in my book

Cons

I wish Keela could create a software program for inbound and outbound calls. The program currently being used is "iCarol" which is a great program, however it would be great to have another software option. Once upon a time Bell was the only company to monopolize the phone industry...now there are several ... Removing a volunteer: It is frustrating categorizing volunteer as "inactive" as they still show up with all the active volunteers, which clogs up the page. If you had a separate page as inactive (so they wouldn't show up with the active volunteers) that would make a MASSIVE difference. As volunteers honor their commitment and leave .. so we have A LOT of inactive volunteers with the active volunteer

Response from Networks for Change

Replied February 2018

Thanks for your feedback! We're always happy to receive suggestions on how to improve Keela. Please get in touch with us so we can hear more about what you have in mind: http://bit.ly/2H0UvvM

Matthew from Feeding Our Kids

Small Nonprofit Review

Prior to Keela, we were using multiple tools for CRM, donations, and communication. Keela has simplified this and has made my job much easier.

Pros

The intuitiveness and ease of use, along with the broad versatility, are the main aspects that I like the most. It has made our CRM tasks so much easier to perform and track.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints. There are a couple more features I'd like to eventually see (like mobile access or some smoother integrations.)

Reasons for Choosing Keela

Cost, features, and ease of use.

Response from Keela

Replied March 2020

Howdy Matthew! Firstly, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on Keela. We're very grateful! We are chuffed to hear that you find the system easy and intuitive - #goals! We're very excited for mobile access too... coming soon! Thank you, again.

Melissa from River Cities Humane Society

Industry: Fund-Raising

Keela Review

We are now able to track all of our sponsors and communicate more effectively with them. When we have fundraisers, we can create e-blasts and link them to our website. Support in is up! I am so happy.

Pros

This software is so user friendly. When I began using this software, I had extremely limited knowledge of computer use and I was still able to figure it out quite easily. The software is able to accommodate all of our needs and do what we need it to do to help our animal shelter and fundraisers run smoothly and with accurate data. It is easy to track everything we need. I am so impressed. And for the price... I can't imagine using anything else. There is no need to spend a lot of money on some of these other programs when Keela and do ALL you need!

Cons

So far, the only thing that I don't like is that I cannot print off an e-blast that I design to post in various vet offices and at the shelter. I have to create a separate brochure for anything besides e-blasts. Maybe this is possible and I just don't know how to do it. But to me, this is the only draw-back.

Response from Networks for Change

Replied August 2018

Hi Melissa, thanks for your feedback! Posting an E-blast at vet offices and shelters sounds like a great idea. You can definitely save a PDF of an E-blast for printing. You can find instructions for how to do this here (https://keela.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000961432-Saving-an-E-blast-as-a-PDF) - and don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Success team if you need assistance with anything. You can reach them at support@networksforchange.org. Screen reader support enabled. Hi Melissa, thanks for your feedback! Posting an E-blast at vet offices and shelters sounds like a great idea. You can definitely save a PDF of an E-blast for printing. You can find instructions for how to do this here (https://keela.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000961432-Saving-an-E-blast-as-a-PDF) - and don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Success team if you need assistance with anything. You can reach them at support@networksforchange.org.

Andie from Full Circle Farm Sanctuary

Great functionality - looking forward to UI improvements!

We really love using Keela and feel/hope that we're on the verge of seeing an interface that is jam-packed with functionality and more streamlined snapshots.

Pros

Keela is straightforward, streamlined, and organized. I love having donors and follow-up notifications at my fingertips, and the integrations are great. I also really enjoy the 'big picture' view of a campaign, through which I can see which emails we've sent, who has donated, and how much we've raised. Plus, the support team is awesome!

Cons

Not having a mobile app makes it very difficult to utilize the software for our needs. I am often on-the-go with my team when I need donor information or to check on the status of a campaign. Also, I find the landing page to be lacking. The basic format (multiple mini-dashboards in one) is fantastic, but I usually only look at the box that shows current donations for the month. I think having a snapshot of current campaigns in one box, donor follow-ups in another, and maybe top donors or most recent gifts in another would be much more useful.

Response from Keela

Replied October 2019

Hello Andie! Firstly, thank you very much for taking the time to leave this wonderful feedback. We appreciate it! I'm so glad to hear that you find the system straight forward and easy to use. I assure you that our support thinks that YOU ARE AWESOME! I definitely agree that a mobile app will be a really important addition to Keela and it's currently in production. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the exciting new features to come - it'll be a blast! Thanks again.

Bryant from Eastern Shore Art Center

Keela

About the only benefit I have seen so far is that it is an online portal that is easy to put in information and to download contact lists. All of the other functionality that is available is there--we just don't know how to use it. We are still not even accepting payments via PayPal, even though we synched the accounts. Our marketing director needs some hands-on assistance with merging the forms to our website.

Pros

The set up was not as complicated as I thought it would be, and the navigation is well laid out and easy to follow.

Cons

I don't think we received enough human training with on-boarding, and it would have been nice to have more one access to a human as the "prompted" help answers are often inaccurate and not helpful. Our sales agent was fantastic and very knowledgeable, but once we purchased I felt as we were kind of left to our own devices. Now I am not even sure that we set it up the best way. 1. We hae to enter memberships as donations and as memberships 2. The "tags" remain even if a membership expires. 3. We still aren't sure that when we are pulling reports that the information is being put in correctly to access what we need as as information. 4. We were not aware that in order to sync membership payments automatically, we have to use Skype. 5. We should be much much further along in using the different amenities of the site, but so far we are just kind of stuck. We need assistance.

Response from Networks for Change

Replied August 2018

Hi Bryant, thanks for bringing these issues to our attention. I'm sorry to hear that you have a challenging experience with Keela so far. Our Head of Customer Experience will be reaching out to you shortly to schedule a call to discuss your concerns, and offer assistance and additional training for your team so that you can feel confident to keep growing with Keela in the future.

Angela from ANGARI Foundation, Inc.

Great experience and meets many of our needs, but there's still room for improvement.

Pros

The contacts database is great - it's easy to use, searchable, updates donations automatically, allows the team to stay up to date on who is assigned to the individual and events involving the individual. We used DonorPro at my previous place of employment, and it was more expensive and more complicated to use than Keela. Keela offers great value for it's database. Would love to connect to people's linkedin profiles and have pics, etc. Customer support is excellent. I get answers to my questions quickly, and they are always happy to help.

Cons

Some functionality is still missing - when adding tags to new contacts, you need the option to check a bunch at once (almost everyone has more than one tag) as opposed to having to select each one individually. We haven't used the campaigns option much as we are familiar with and like the options of MailChimp. It's great that we can import data from MailChimp; however, we make all of our templates and mailings on MailChimp because it has so much more to offer in design and customization than Keela's campaigns, which we find to be very basic. There's also many features that I wish Keela had so that it could be a "one stop shop" for our needs. For example, a calendar that has deadlines and events on it for all to see that also connects with other parts of Keela so if there's an event on the calendar, this then becomes an automatic option for an "interaction" with those who attended; better syncing with Google Docs so that we can open and edit the docs in Keela versus having to download them or go to another webpage; ability to do/plan social media; and a Keela mobile app to access things on the go.

Response from Networks for Change

Replied February 2018

We're excited to let you know that our mobile app is coming soon! The best way to be notified of new feature is to subscribe to our blog for updates. Re: your other ideas for new features, we're always happy to receive suggestions on how to improve Keela. Please get in touch with us so we can hear more about what you have in mind: http://bit.ly/2H0UvvM

Cynthia from Art Start

Good "first-time user" system for basic needs

We had hoped to use Keela for grants and donation management, as well as the primary email blast tool to replace MailChimp and Salesforce. Our expectations exceeded the capabilities of the system. Still, I would recommended it to small organizations that are moving from Excel spreadsheets and other less sophisticated ways of managing contacts.

Pros

The project management tool is exceptionally well done and easy to use. It's the feature I use the most. The online donation/payment tool is also very well done, easy to set up and manage, and user friendly for both the administrator and the donor/payee.

Cons

There are some significant limitations in the contact management tool. It is not designed to link or associate individual contacts (persons) with organizations. This creates some difficulties in parsing lists for email blasts and analysis. As a basic contact list, it's okay, but not adequate for our contact and donation tracking needs. The e-mail form is limited. There are not a lot of design features. It's fine for basic messages, but don't expect to get too fancy with the layout and design.

Response from Networks for Change

Replied August 2018

Hi Cynthia, thanks for your feedback. I have some good news! Based on our previous discussions with you and other clients on this topic, we're going to be adding a new feature to split contacts into "Organization" and "People" contacts and create associations between them. This is coming very soon. If you'd like to be notified when this feature is available, please subscribe here: https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-52 P.s. We're also planning to improve our E-blast template builder to give you additional options for layout and design, follow our progress here: https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-8

Keith from Volunteer Lethbridge

Not a CRM software package

We had thought to replace our CRM software with Keela, but trying to 'translate' the processes in place with Software ABC into Keela has not been totally successful. It may be that I am too used to the 'old ways' that I can't change. We originally bought Keela because of the receipt function and the hopes that we could replace our other CRM software. Changeover has been slow and we are really only using the receipt function in Keela right now.

Pros

Keela integrates very easily with most other apps I am using . Paypal and Stripe are easy to set up; connects to Eventbrite too. Adding contacts is super easy, plain language categories and descriptions. Easy to connect contacts into groups (they call them 'families'). The software is geared towards use by a single point NFP agency. Can generate receipts for all monies that come in, assign them to a campaign or purpose, email the receipts and store them for retrieval, if necessary. Keela has always been on top of customer service questions. I have received prompt replies to every question I have made and the answers were always easy to understand and implement. Keela also regularly hosts online training sessions, and strives to improve their product to meet the needs of their users. Recent upgrades included a way to create a report of revenues received/receipted. that was a BIG help.

Cons

As a software package created for single point NFP, it does not like that I work for an agency that provides services to other NFP organizations for an annual fee. I can't group the contacts into one organization and then make the organization the one that pays the annual fee (it needs to be attributed to a contact).

Response from Networks for Change

Replied May 2019

Hello Keith - thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback. We really appreciate it! I'm glad to hear that you've found the receipting tool to be helpful! My favourite part is your comment on Keela's commitment to improvement - We really do aim for this! The Revenues tool upgrade has been a big boon for us and we couldn't have done it without you - thank you! If you have any particular processes that you'd like to transition from Software ABC to Keela please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@networksforchange.org - We'll do our best to create a new way for you to do the same magic in Keela :) Thanks again!

Gerardo from PATV

Easy Button

We shopped around for something affordable. I have works with other CRMs that were even more difficult to navigate but when we were able to master them, it was useful. With Keela, I was hoping for a little more ease.

Pros

The price and the access. It is easy to share with colleagues, has great sections of it suite.

Cons

Although it is easy to access I seem to get lost trying to use it. As a CRM, I am sure it is not in anyway easy but I would think it could be, maybe. It also looks confusing. Is it in Dark Mode yet colorful and blocky.

Reasons for Choosing Keela

Price and you're history. We are all about small and support.

Response from Networks for Change

Replied May 2019

Hello Gerardo! Thank you so much for taking the time to share this feedback - we are very grateful. I'm glad that you find the affordability and Customer Service of Keela to be so positive - this is fantastic news. We are committed to constant improvement and would love to touch base with you about this! If you have any suggestions or requests for this please feel free to reach out to us at support@networksforchange.org - we love them! Thanks again :)

Emily from Happy Jack Cats

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Quite easy to use as a total newbie to (though technically proficient) donor management software

The pricing feels expensive to a small nonprofit that doesn't usually spend money on anything but the animals in our care, but compared to others software programs, it is seems like a good price for the value. This software works well for a small nonprofit animal rescue that adopts out about 500 cats and kittens a year. After 3 years we had a bit over 1000 contacts (including adopters, so not just donors) and the next level in Keela (since it's based on contacts) we shouldn't have to buy until a few years down the road.

Pros

Their customer service is very responsive. The software sends automatic donor thank yous/tax receipts. It's easy to upload past donations (like from PayPal, Facebook or other ways you've raised money and have a list - you must format the data correctly) and easy to upload your contacts. You can have different donation forms. You can have different campaigns. I haven't delved deeply into the reporting, but it looks very powerful and probably pretty easy to create custom/ad hoc reports on almost whatever criteria you need.

Cons

The tax receipt/thank you letter is my biggest con. The letter and tax receipt look great in the preview when you're creating/modifying it, but the actual letter that gets sent has tiny print, and you can not modify what it looks like.

Response from Networks for Change

Replied April 2019

Hello Emily! Thank you so much for this considered and detailed review. We are so grateful for you taking the time! Especially since it's got some really lovely feedback for us. The ability to customize and change receipts is something that our Product Team are working investigating at the moment (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-37) - If we're able to introduce this feature you'll be notified via email :) Again, thank you for the wonderful work that you do for animals and for your ongoing support!

Avi from CSPNI

Great solution

Tracking contacts and donations and hopefully will expand more for e-blasts.

Pros

Easy to use and very user friendly. Screens are managed and viewed easily. Easy to enter and log information (like contacts, donations and so on)

Reasons for Choosing Keela

Because all of the pro I listed above

Response from Keela

Replied September 2019

Hello Avi, Thank you for your feedback and we are so glad that you are enjoying the solution! Feel free to reach out when you are ready to try E-Blasts and we would love to send you some resources to get started. Also you will be happy to know we are working on adding phone support sometime in the future. Thanks again for your time!

Katie from Free for Life International

Keela -- Quality Nonprofit Software at an Affordable Price

Pros

What I enjoy most about Keela is how many features are included at an affordable rate. Working at a small organization, we were able to transition the vast majority of our spreadsheets and loose systems into one. We also were previously using an outdated hardware CRM system installed on a single, unreliable office computer and were in desperate need of a cloud-based system.

Cons

Because Keela is a system that does not include the bells and whistles of more expensive options, some functionality does seem limited. While most issues are very minor, I would say my biggest frustration is not being able to easily track married couples in the same contact entry.

Response from Networks for Change

Replied January 2019

Hiya Katie! Thank you so much for your excellent feedback - I'm pleased to hear that your transition to Keela has been a positive one :) We want our users to be empowered and it sounds like you're well on your way! I completely understand your desire for a more robust way to track spouses in the Keela system. We have gathered lots of feedback surrounding our Households feature in our Ideas Portal (a place where feature requests and suggestions are born!). If you have any specific changes you would like to request for this feature please let us know by adding an idea here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/new). We love improving and our users are the best sources for how to do that! Thanks again.

Rebecca from Fishman Isaacs Israel Initiative

Pros and Cons of Keela

This program is great. I'm only 6 months into this program. I would reccomend this to others. But it will take time to learn how to run it properly. I am still learning.

Pros

Its easy to enter the contacts. Once you set up an e-blast, its easy to choose the recipients. Once you learn to create the e-blast letter, it looks great.

Cons

It can be difficult to log in. It will redirect me from log-in to setting up a new account. It can be challenging to learn how to work the e-blast letters and setting up the campaign. Its difficult to get answers quickly. It takes a while to reach someone, and it usually is only email communication. It can be difficult to create the email body for e-blasts.

Price and reviews

Response from Keela

Replied September 2019

Hello Rebecca - thank you so much for this amazing feedback. I am so glad you find the system easy to use. This is exactly what we're after so it's very reassuring to hear we're on the right track. At the moment Keela offers unlimited online support and you'll always hear from us within 3 business hours of your email - often sooner! If we're able to introduce phone support in the future we definitely will! Thank you so much again - we look forward to seeing the incredible things that you and your team achieve with Keela.

Annastasia from The Writers’ Exchange

Great all-around solution with AWESOME customer service

We are a small not-for-profit with a large donor and volunteer base. We neeeded a solution that was robust enough for our needs but simple enough for our staff team to use. Our previous software was WAY TOO complicated and expensive but since switching to Keela my team is super happy.

Pros

It allows us to manage all our stakeholders in one place! Including donors, volunteers, e-news subscribers and event participants. And the customer service is THE BEST I’ve ever experienced. They are always responsive and if the system can’t currently do what i’m looking for, my “wish” goes in the development pipeline and I’ve witnessed several awesome feature updates because of this. A great experience!

Cons

Still trying to figure out the reporting functions. There are lots of reports available but it’s a little less intuitive than other funtions in Keela.

Response from Networks for Change

Replied August 2018

Hi Annastasia, thanks for your kind comments. We're happy to hear you're having a great experience with Keela so far. :) We wanted to let you know that we are planning to make improvements to our Analytics tool soon! You can subscribe to updates about this feature here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-14). In the meantime, you might want to check out our training session on Analytics to learn how to get the most out of it. You can sign up here (https://calendly.com/keelasuccess/training-session-3).

Katerina from Brain Center

Keela Review

It’s easy to use. I would like to be able to enter an interaction and serve as the last time they were seems rather that selecting a button to record the interactions. I was told last year that there was going g to be an app available by 2019. We are still waiting. It makes such a difference when you have the information accessible on the go. I can’t access anything on my smart phone or tablet.

Pros

Cons

That it is not available as an app or a website that is compatible with a tablet. You can only use a desktop computerize laptop. And sometime using a hotspot on a laptop is time consuming and not practical

Reasons for Choosing Keela

Response from Keela

Replied January 2020

Thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review, Katerina! Our new platform, that we announced recently, is compatible with tablets (yay!) and we are working on the mobile app. Sorry about the wait on this but it's coming! If you'd like to explore interactions a bit more, feel free to reach out to us at support@keela.com and I'd love to discuss this and make sure it makes it to our Ideas Portal. Thanks again for your feedback and I'm glad to hear that Keela works well with your programs. Have a nice day!

Reed from Bainbridge Island Senior Community Center

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Keela is a good for a small industry

I am happy to have one piece of software at that does not require customization and is affordable for a small non-profit like ours.

Pros

It is very easy to start using. I was able to easily import my data and get to work pulling numbers. The customer service has been very responsive and pleasant. I really enjoy my interactions and have been able to quickly overcome obstacles. I am happy that it meets so many of our needs -- weekly email blasts, moves management for donors, and volunteer activities -- at a reasonable price my small non-profit can afford.

Cons

We have had some difficulty with email provider spam filters rejecting our Keela-generated emails before users can even see them. This has reduced our open rate on my weekly emails -- which are very popular with our members. I wish I could pick the attribute that we use to avoid duplicates.

Simplicity, Price

Response from Keela

Replied September 2019

Hi Reed! Thank you so much for this great feedback, we really appreciate it. I'm so glad that you find the system easy to use and that it's meeting your needs. This is wonderful news! Check out our Best Practices article (https://keela.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028863892-Best-Practices-for-Using-E-blasts) for lots of tips and tricks on how you can increase your mass email credibility. This will help the email providers of your recipients when they're scanning your E-blasts. Another great way to help out with this is by taking advantage of our integration with SendGrid. Feel free to reach out to support@keela.com for more details - we're always happy to help. Thank you again!

Matthew from Mission Possible

Good value for the money!

We made the switch from an overpriced, under-utilized database software to Keela. The switch pretty smooth, not without a few learning moments, but all the data was imported. It meets our needs for receiving and tracking donations, receipting, e-blasts, reporting, and it comes with an affordable price tag! Customer support has been great. Overall, we are very happy with the software after using it for 6+months.

Pros

The software is straightforward, fairly intuitive and does most of what we need it to do. The setup for donations through the software was simple. The email platform saves us from having to pay for a separate email service. Most of all, I appreciate the helpful customer support. They answer questions in a timely fashion and have made the overall experience really good!

Cons

The sidebar is limited and should include a quicker link to things like donations, e-blast, etc. In order to use the CRM platform, I have to click through 3 pages to put in a note about a donor. Adding some quicker links for this, including putting an interaction link on the "+" at the top of the page would up my rating of the software.

Response from Networks for Change

Replied September 2018

Hi Matthew, thanks for sharing your review. Glad to hear you are finding Keela to be a good value. :) Regarding your suggestions for improvements to the sidebar, adding donations is something another client suggested recently - you can vote for this idea to subscribe to it here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-126). For your other ideas, we'd love to see ideas for those in our portal as well, so that our product team can review and see if these can be added to Keela in the future. Please share them here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/new). Thanks!

Bit of a learning curve, but user friendly - excellent support and service

Brings our team together on items we are working on independantly and collectively. Helps to provide a systemized approach to getting information out to customers and donors. Helps to organise tax receipts and track donor funding. Helps us to organise our members into categories they feel comfortable working in

Pros

1) Dashboard - customizable for our social enterprise/Charity 2) Cloud based, allowing more mobile/rmote access for our team members 3) Pricing - fairly reasonable 4) Tags - customizable 5) Donations - easy to track and issue recipts 6) Tasks and Projects - easy to track - provides accountability for team members (reduces redundant follow-up 7) Customer service and technical support - willing to work with an organisation to help improve (maximize) use of features

Cons

1) eBlast templates need to be more user friendly for custom uploads - (organisation branding) 2) Pricing - there needs to be a mid-tier pricing for the 2500 contact range - 1000 is too small for our organisation, and it will take 2-3 years to get to 5000 as we build - while building, we need to watch costs closely 3) Though easy to use once familiar with the programme, it can be a learning curve: more on-board training needs to be assigned as part of the package price. 4) Drop down menus from top right could be expanded and more explicit - some items could be buttons instead of items in a drop down.

Response from Networks for Change

Replied February 2018

Ronald from ANF

Extremely useful

We were looking a CRM for non-profit over many years. We tried and implemented Al lest other two products but the results were not as We hope. With Keela We are very happy because it is all in one products and they know what are they doing. Congratulations for your company.

Pros

It is very user friendly and complete. Definitely a complete solution for non-profit.

Cons

Any is missing. For us keela works perfectly.

Reasons for Choosing Keela

Keela has everything We need in a simple and one solution.

Response from Keela

Replied May 2020

Hi Ronald, we are so appreciative of your review. It's great to hear that Keela is meeting all the needs of your organization, that is our ultimate goal after all! We are looking forward to watching your organization grow and prosper alongside Keela. Keep up the awesome work :)

Kalyani from St. Vincent de Paul Society of Marinette

Great for a small to medium sized nonprofit

Fabulous and very responsive team.

Pros

The contact management piece is very easy to use--especially the import process. It provides for a way to quickly spot duplicates. The value for money is great especially for a small nonprofit that is starting to become more strategic with its fundraising. In fact, after using this for a year, I can't imagine how we managed without a searchable donor database. The contacts tool is tied in with eblasts so you can note all interactions with each contact, electronic or otherwise.

Cons

The eblast tool for newsletters is pretty limited. It's a limited pallet so to speak. The keela team has taken our feedback and released upgrades to the tool but there's still some ways to go before making it truly user friendly.

Response from Networks for Change

Replied May 2019

Hiya Kalyani - thank you so much for your lovely feedback. It's so appreciated! I can definitely agree with your sentiments about surviving without a searchable database and I'm really glad that Keela can provide that for you. I assure you with absolute certainty that we also think your fabulous and look forward to continuing to expand our E-blast builder in the future with the help of your feedback! :) Thank you so much!

Must-have for Any Organization!

Overall, I have found Keela to be very useful and I think the subscription has been worth every penny. I would highly for others to give it a try as it can really make donor engagement a much easier process. It has been very beneficial for our organization as we're now much more organized and efficient when it comes to donation tracking and have a place with all of our contact informations.

Pros

What I like about Keela is that it has so many different purposes and can be used for more than just one thing. For example, I can use Keela to create a database for all of our contacts for our nonprofit organization. In addition to that, I can also create a donation page where I can track all of the donations that we recieve a create a donor profile, where I can report how much they've donated.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that it can be a little difficult to navigate at certain times. Everything seems to be hidden away under some tabs or menus. This is not a major inconvenience but it would be much easier to use if everything was organized and presented in a better way on the Keela website.

Response from Networks for Change

Replied January 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such lovely feedback - we are very grateful! It sounds like you've been making good use of your CRM and donation pages which is just fantastic to hear. We are working on making the navigation of Keela even more intuitive and user-friendly - stay tuned for these improvements in the future! If you have any particular suggestions about how to improve navigation, please don't hesitate to let us know by posting an idea here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/new)! Thanks again!

Keela is a solid choice

Overall, this is a smart solution to help with donor management.

Pros

It's easy to use and has most of the functionality a small non-profit needs. The campaigns are easy to set up and it's easy to track where money is coming from.

Cons

A few wishes: I wish you could print tax receipts without having to download them. I wish the reports were easier to access. I wish you had a print option for newsletters that downloaded as a word or pdf without the email information.

Response from Networks for Change

Replied April 2019

Hi there! Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback - I'm really glad to hear that you've found Keela easy and solid :) This is the kind of environment we want to create for our users. Have you considered downloading your receipts in bulk and then printing them directly from a folder? This means only a few clicks and may save you lots of time! (More info here: https://keela.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003449631-Downloading-Multiple-Tax-Receipts). Also, you can definitely print your E-blasts as a PDF document! (More info here: https://keela.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000961432-Saving-an-E-blast-as-a-PDF) Thanks again, we really appreciate your comments! :)

Katie from Humane Society of Kawartha Lakes

Good Program

Quick to respond to our questions, this is very valuable to us!

Pros

Lots of users can have their own log-ins Reasonably​ priced Customer​ service is fantastic Easy to keep track of volunteers, donors, etc. Making 'forms' is simple FAQ section is actually useful!

Cons

Sometimes​ it's a little hard to navigate. Lots of clicking to get to some sections.

Reasons for Choosing Keela

Overall price, not having to pay or upgrade for additional users, customer service/sales rep was actually knowledgeable about the program, helpful and not pushy, the option to have a trial run at it.

Response from Networks for Change

Replied May 2019

Hello Katie. Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback - we really appreciate it! I'm very glad to hear that you find the Keela to be reasonably priced and that the Customer Service is fantastic (we think you're fantastic too!). We're really striving to create this kind of environment for you and I'm glad to see we're on the right track. Thanks again!

Kymberly from BAY AREA HOUSING CORPORATION

Keela has been great for our project management and keeping the team up to date.

Managing Projects easily, creating fundraising campaigns that look good and track metrics, CRM integration.

Pros

It is so easy to use! From the project management to running fundraising campaigns and eBlasts we have been able to do things with little to no learning curve. Customer Support is top notch - I have gotten answers quickly and have been able to resolve any questions I had. The company is very responsive! The whole BAHC team LOVES Keela!

Cons

That there is no mobile platform and not as much customization as we'd like in the Donation Page, email Templates etc.

Response from Networks for Change

Replied February 2018

We're excited to let you know that our mobile app is coming soon! The best way to be notified of new feature is to subscribe to our blog for updates. Re: customizations, we're always happy to receive suggestions on how to improve Keela. Please get in touch with us so we can hear more about what you have in mind: http://bit.ly/2H0UvvM

September 2016

Andrew from Anza

September 2016

Finally, a CRM designed for non-profits

We were one of the lucky few who got to test out Keela from the very beginning. We had previously tried Sales Force and Hubspot but found them to be overly complicated and geared towards Sales. In contrast, Keela has clearly been designed with non profits in mind with the functionality and set up designed to track donations. engage donors and manage projects.

Pros

A one stop shop for managing projects, sending newsletters, monitoring donations and building relationships with donors. The customer service is exceptional.

Cons

As it's relatively new their are a couple of minor features missing and limited ability to integrate with other software. I expect much of this will be resolved as the Keela continues to build on their customer feedback.

Response from Keela

Replied September 2016

Thanks Andy! Our exceptional customers make that exceptional customer service so easy.

We are much better off than we were before!

Our old system was obsolete- no updates, no support. If it crashed, we would have lost all member and donor data. This cloud-based system is great. And all staff members are able to access member and donor information. It was a rocky start, as many database transitions are, but we're growing into it and the support has been TREMENDOUS.

Pros

I LOVE the amount of support that comes with this software. The team is always there, within minutes usually. We love the amount of organization that comes with Keela, and we enjoy having all of our communications in one place.

Cons

The issues we've run into the most is the number of contacts allotted per price bracket. We feel limited and a little selfish over who we actually add to our system because we don't want to use up valuable contact spots for someone that may just register for a single or pair of classes, and not be a member or donor. We'd also really benfit from an e-commerce option (linking payment methods to custom forms). I have found that some of the merging and duplicate-recognizing capabilities don't seem to be as accurate as we'd like, but that could be more user error.

Response from Networks for Change

Replied May 2019

Hello there - Wow! We are absolutely over the moon to hear that you're loving the support you're getting - This has made my day! Also, thank you for the very considered feedback regarding the Contact brackets - it's been passed on to our Product Team. Thank you again, YOU are tremendous! :)

Sharifah from Basmah USA

Incredibly Flexible!

We really like Keela, but may have to migrate to another system that has all the functions we need.

Pros

I love that this software can be used with Mailchimp, Paypal, Stripe, and all the incredibly important tools that I already use day to day.

Cons

The payments don't have an End date. Sometimes, donors are charged continuously when their pledge was only for a short time period. It doesn't update automatically when a payment go through. We have to constantly manually input variables.

Response from Networks for Change

Replied May 2019

Hi Sharifah - thanks so much for your feedback. We really appreciate it! I'm glad to hear that the integrations are helping you out - we really want to make your life easy for you :) I'd love an opportunity to discuss your payment issues a little further - perhaps this is something I can help with! Feel free to reach out to me at support@networksforchange.org to chat further. Thank you, again!

Glenna from Kidney Donor Conversations

Help is done through emails and website; no telephone support at all (keeps costs low, but frustrating for user). Integration with many other platforms is excellent. Somewhat clunky to use; limited features; no mobile app. Tasks and contact features are great.

Pros

Cons

Limited features (for example sorting) and no specific application for grants or project tracking (but does have task feature).

Response from Networks for Change

Replied April 2019

Hi Glenna! Thank you so much for providing this feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time. I'm glad to see that you find the system easy to use! We really pride ourselves on making the system as intuitive as possible. You're right - at the moment our support is online only. (You can find more information about this here: https://keela.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019505151-What-kind-of-support-is-provided-). We are looking at adding phone support in the future as an add on service. We'll be in touch if this becomes available! In the meantime, keep doing the incredible work that you do and thank you again :)

Julie from Amargosa Conservancy

Industry: Environmental Services

Very happy with switch to Keela, looking forward to updates and new features.

I've been able to bring in other team members - employees and board - and enable them to use the software. As a result, we have increased our interactions and followups with donors. We get receipts out in a more timely manner. Also our online donations have become much simpler - both for the donor and for our record keeping and payment processing. Recurring donations are so much easier now.

Pros

It's simple and clean, and doesn't require developer skills. All the basic features you need are there. I wish it had been around when I was first looking for a CRM. Keela would have been a great way to learn what needed to happen and I could have set up our system much faster and easier.

Cons

There are still some major features and customizations missing, though from talking to support (which is very good), I have heard that some of these missing features will be coming soon. Otherwise, I only have minor complaints about moving around in the software, and some minor glitches with certain things not working - for example when I sort donations by date from within a profile, it sorts them - but not by date. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the way it sort. But, no big deal.

Response from Networks for Change

Replied February 2018

Thanks for your feedback! You should be able to sort donation dates in Keela in chronological order - we'd like to look into this with you. Please get in touch with us here: http://bit.ly/2H0UvvM

Imran from I Challenge Diabetes

An honest opinion on keela.

For us the goal was to save money on a system to process tax receipts. The fact that this does just that is right what where were looking for.

Pros

Out of the box it did what it said it would. It accepts credit card donation via a platform of your choice, paypal or stripe, and then creates and sends out tax receipts. The fact that it also has a CRM and newsletter module are great!

Cons

While it has a newsletter component, its not as fluid as some other options that are available right now. It is nice that it is included in the monthly fee as opposed to having bundles to add onto after the fact.

Response from Networks for Change

Replied August 2018

Hi Imran, thanks for sharing your thoughts! Good news - we're currently working on some exciting upgrades to our E-blast template builder, to make it more user friendly. You can vote for this feature to be subscribed to updates in our Ideas Portal here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-8) and add your comments for any functionality you would like to see. Thanks for helping to make Keela better!

Caitlin from The Sparrows Nest of NW MT

Keela software for our Non-Profit

Pros

The best thing about this software is the automation and support you receive from their customer service. Every time I had a question, their customer service would reply to me quickly and thoroughly. No robots! They made sure I was happy with whatever problem I was facing. I also like the fact that if they currently don't have a feature you would like, they add it to an ideas portal so it can possibly be added at a later upgrade in the future.

Cons

Because they are fairly new, they don't yet have as many features as other software.

Response from Networks for Change

Replied April 2019

Heya Caitlin - thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! I'm really glad to hear that you enjoy the support that you receive. We love supporting you :) We're definitely committed to introducing new features to the system and really driving the user experience. It's feedback like this that helps us to do this so we are really grateful to you. Thanks again!

Suzanne from Colorado Wild Public Lands

Industry: Environmental Services

Colorado Wild Public Lands' Great Experience with Keela

Keela has helped Colorado Wild Public Lands to keep an accurate and up to date record of our members and donations. We have interfaced it with Mailchimp and we are using the Keela software to streamline our thank you letters and general record keeping. We've also used the tags function to record event attendance and the different types of contacts we have. We are looking forward to using Keela even more moving forward.

Pros

Keela has an engaging and attractive user interface. The colors are appealing and the icons are explanatory. I also like that there is the perfect amount of information displayed on the screen at one time. The software functions well, it is easy to enter data, and its lots of fun to generate reports.

Cons

My only complaint is that I haven't spent enough time using the software to fully explore its capabilities and time saving features. To date, though, it has helped Colorado Wild Public Lands enormously.

Response from Networks for Change

Replied May 2019

Hello Suzanne. Thanks for your great feedback and comments - we really appreciate you taking the time! I'm absolutely stoked that you've found the system to be engaging and easy to use. That's what we're trying to achieve here and it's very heartening to hear! Please feel free to reach out to us at support@networksforchange.org if you'd like any help getting to know other parts of the system - we're always happy to help! Thank you :)

Jennifer from Kids in the Spotlight

Keela In Review

Customer service via email ONLY is not ideal, speaking to someone live is always better especially when trying to navigate new territory. While our rep has been helpful, the time spent sending emails could be minimized.

Pros

I like the managment of donors and how easy keeping track of donations has become.

Cons

It doesn't have newsletter capabilities as constant contact does, which is the software we were using prior to Keela and we had to go back to it for some time.

Response from Networks for Change

Replied August 2018

Hi Jennifer, thanks for sharing your thoughts! While we definitely understand that on-demand phone support is preferable, we've made the decision to offer online-only support for now to help keep support in-house and affordable for our clients (it's included in your subscription for free). That said, if there's ever a support issue that we can't resolve easily via email, we're happy to schedule a call/screen share session to hash things out. :) Regarding newsletters, we do have many clients using our E-blast feature (https://keela.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/115000790432-Using-E-blasts) to send regular newsletters. I'm happy to let you know we're also in the process of upgrading this feature to be easier to use and offer more template options. You can vote for this idea to be notified of updates here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-8) - and please feel free to add your comments to this idea if there's anything we can do that would make sending newsletters from Keela easier.

Wendy from Transition Habitat Conservancy

Database upgrade

So far, we have not completely switched over, but will make that move soon.

Pros

The system is a great step up from Excel spreadsheets, and we are in the process of a Quickbooks integration which will make tracking donors, sending receipts and email reminders and organizing volunteers a much easier job.

Cons

We would like to have memberships from our website tracked through PayPal and more templates available for e-blasts. I would also prefer calling customer service for complicated questions instead of email support.

Response from Networks for Change

Replied May 2019

Hi Wendy, Thanks for your feedback! Glad you finding Keela to be a great step up so far. :) Regarding your request for membership payments in PayPal, we've subscribed you to this feature request (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-209) so you'll be notified if this is something we're able to add in the future! Regarding your request for phone support, I'm happy to let you know that we are planning to offer Phone Support in the near future, as an add-on service for those clients who need it. I will let you know about details and pricing for this when it's available. For now, we offer free, unlimited online only support via email - you should hear back from us pretty quickly when you email (usually in around 15 minutes to an hour, but no more than 3 business hours). Thanks again!

Jim from Abba House

Keela Has made a world of Difference

We used eTapestry for years and you needed a PHD to use it and pay them for set up. Keela normal computer users can learn and use Keela

Pros

Cons

The limit of credit card processors. It would be good for nonprofit not to have to use high priced processors.

Response from Keela

Replied September 2019

Howdy Jim! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this wonderful feedback. We really appreciate it! I'm so glad to hear that you find the system easy to use. We really do aim to make Keela accessible to everyone - No PHDs requird here :) We're always happy to review suggestions for new payment processors to integrate with! Feel free to submit any new suggestions in our Ideas Portal (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/) or vote on any existing requests. Our Product Team loves feedback so the more the merrier. Thank you again!

Kathryn from Railyard Park Conservancy

Keela Review

Overall very happy with Keela!

Pros

Overall very easy to use, I like that we are able to tag our contacts and place them in accessible and relevant categories.

Cons

A few features are a little hard to find, seems weird that e-blasts are under campaigns. It is also a bit difficult to change some organization settings, once found they are easy to change - getting there is not intuitive.

Response from Keela

Replied May 2020

Hi Kathryn, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Keela! We are happy to hear you are finding the system easy to use :) Also, to your note about E-blasts, we have definitely taken this into consideration. That's why, in Keela 2.0, E-blast have their very own section! You will find a lot of other features are easier to find and navigate in 2.0. Stay tuned, it's coming soon! Thanks again for your feedback, from the whole team here at Keela.

-from a tech newbiei

Pros

-able to give tags to different people to group them in different ways -option to send out e-blasts and customize them with pictures -fast way to keep track of people -interactions button is very helpful along with the choices (in person, email, phone)

Cons

-you can not make groups based on more than one tag -e-blast is very hard to figure out -not for those who are not good with computers

Response from Networks for Change

Replied August 2018

Hey, thanks for your comments! We wanted to let you know that you can create a group of more than 1 tag by creating a Smart List for "Contacts that belong to tag(s)". Read more about Smart Lists here (https://keela.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000233292-Create-a-Smart-List). Also, good news - we are in the process of upgrading our E-blast feature to be easier to use. You can subscribe to updates about this feature here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-8).

Claire from SheJumps

Keela might not be perfect, but they will be soon.

Pros

The auto-tax receipt option is fantastic and the rest of the platform makes it easy to create multiple regional email campaigns at once.

Cons

There needs to be a mobile option and also a way to get quick insights about how much money has been raised in a date range instead of having to export donations to get the info.

Response from Networks for Change

Replied February 2018

We're excited to let you know that our mobile app is coming soon! The best way to be notified of new feature is to subscribe to our blog for updates. For insights on your donations, you can easily create a Smart List for ""Donations that were donated between"" and add your date range. More details here: http://bit.ly/2nOIhOR