• Pros

• "Easy to use, even for those of us who aren't tech savvy, they have excellent customer support, and the price is great"

• "I love that it is fairly user-friendly and I really like the overall look -- very clean with nice design."

• "Easy to use and is intuitive. Love the dashboard, where I can easily see year over year success! "

• Cons

• "Some of the integrations could be better, but they're improving all the time"

• "The cost is a bit high but definitely worth the money. "

• "There are a few minor things that we can't filter by or export in, but the overall purpose of the tool as a CRM is great."

Browse Kindful Reviews

Nikki from Dry Bones Denver

Great for a mid sized non-profit and amazing customer service

Overall, I love the ease of use of the software. My team isn't intimidated by it and are able to get on and navigate it well. Usually, if there is something that isn't easily available, the Kindful team will find a work around for the problem.

Pros

I love the ease of use of this software. And when I don't know how to do something, their customer service team is always available to talk and will figure it out. Kindful's customer service is beyond anything I have ever experienced.

Cons

There are a couple of features that I think should be available but are not. However, I have found that no software has it all.

Reasons for Choosing Kindful

Price, ease of use, and the robustness of the information organized.

Andrew from PAK7

Kindful: Simple for somethings, but not very flexible

In general it has been good in that it enabled us to take payments from donors and recurring payments and ACH payments. But I feel that we are struggling to get it working the way it should or to fully meet our needs.

Pros

I really like the fact that Kindful has a clean interface and makes certain things really simple: e.g. running a campaign, accepting donations online, setting up automatic emails to thank people, etc.

Cons

Somethings just seem much harder than they should be. e.g. (1) designing reports to work the way you want them to. In most cases you have to export it to Excel and muck around with it there - even things like column ordering is non definable. (2) Integration with Mailchimp for instance works, as long as you do it exactly as they want. For instance, Mailchimp sets users Country to "United States", Kindful sets it to "United States of America". So, guess what - the contacts will not sync to Mailchimp! I updated all the country names in Mailchimp and it still did not work. Advice from Kindful= perhaps don't collect that information!? (3) Groups sound powerful (e.g. group all the people who live in a certain geographic area) BUT they are not dynamic. So you add a new user for that area and they don't end up in the group! Until you re-run the rules or manually add them to the group. This is super unhelpful - there definitely ought to be an auto-update option. (4) When you set up groups based on a set of rules, you can't go back and edit the criteria for the selection. I don't think you can even see what the criteria was...?? It's frustrating because the software has lots of great features and it works hard to be simple. It's just that somethings don't work as well as you expect them to. I don't think that this is a trade off of functionality for simplicity's sake - it just seems lacking in places.

Reasons for Choosing Kindful

I've used Salesforce before and found it clunky for non-profits. Also I feel that you really need a Salesforce administrator to set up and use the product. With Kindful it looked a lot more out of the box (and indeed setting up payments and things was far far faster and simpler). With Virtuous - I think it came down to cost. Kindful seemed to have pretty decent features for the price, but now I'm not so sure...

Alyssa from JBFC

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Good in concept but lacks execution

We originally switched over to Kindful because we were told that it was a partner with Network for Good and were told that the two would work seamlessly together. We found out very quickly this was not the case (this was not Kindful's fault, but what we were told by Network for Good). We were also told that we could do the import of data ourselves, and import all the data that we needed to (this was also on the end of the sales person at NFG not Kindful). This information was also incorrect and we found out after we signed the contract that we could only import contact information and basic donations (not soft-credits, or notes, or relationships or groups). I have spent months trying to update the database with all that information. I could have handled this, if it weren't for the lack of robustness in reporting. The report function is very limited and you can't get out everything in the database (like relationships or soft-credits). Also, the queries, although they look very slick, are not robust at all. I ended up exporting a lot of my data and manipulating it in excel because I couldn't get the Kindful queries to do what I want. Also, even with the data I could get out, I couldn't rely on it being accurate. Many times there was data I had deleted and it did not show up on the front end of the database when I searched, but when I did an export the information was there. So I couldn't even trust the data that I got out. After 6 month of frustration we decided to switch databases again. I will say that the costumer service is very quick to respond, although half the time the answer was "sorry the database won't do that." And in the now ten months we have used Kindful they have added on some features that were lacking. I feel like eventually they will be a good database, but the execution just isn't there yet and I don't have time to wait for them to get the database where it needs to be so it saves me time instead of makes more work for me. I hate to give a negative review because they are very friendly and helpful, but unfortunately the experience with the database has been far from ideal.

Pros

Nice interface easy to enter basic data easy to learn the basics Nice step up from excel if you want basic data storage and basic searches and reports Good customer service

Cons

Queries not very robust Reporting options not very robust Data glitches acknowledgement features for letters are limited

Response from Kaylee

Replied October 2016

Alyssa, We hate to hear that you’ve not had the experience with Kindful that was promised by Network for Good when they sold our product to you. Looking back through our records, it seems that you didn’t have any calls with our Sales team, or with our Customer Success team to help streamline the onboarding process as you transitioned into our database. We regret this as we have these processes in place, and even since then we have created a more specific and streamlined success process that focuses on this so the transition is as seamless as possible. We pride ourselves on making sure we find organizations that are the right fit for Kindful. We really have enjoyed working with you all for the past year, and I think it could have been possible for this to work had the expectations been correct on the front end. We are making a ton of improvements and new functionalities are being added daily, and while we regret that you’ve not had your ideal experience, we welcome your organization to return to Kindful in the future if you feel our database matches your needs. Kindly, Kaylee

Tara from Anam Cara Ministries

A Great Gift for a Growing Non-profit

Our donor retention has increased, our organization and capacity for communication has more than double. We love Kindful!

Pros

When we decided to implement Kindful as our donor management and CRM software, we didn't realize the gift that we were giving ourselves as an organization. Kindful has allowed us to grow and scale in a way that wasn't possible before implementation. It has given us insight and helped us with donor retention. It has reduced our workload and made growth possible.

Cons

It's such a powerful tool that it can be difficult to learn sometimes; however, compared to other tools out there, it's a beautiful interface with a much shorter learning curve.

Reasons for Choosing Kindful

Ease of use, customer service, and flexibility.

Jim from Atlanta Master Chorale (AMC)

Industry: Music

A step forward

To date, it has been a positive experience from data entry to reporting. I hope, with the recent hire of an administrative manager, that we will make better use of the software.

Pros

After one year of using another product, I requested that my team member investigate other options. After reviewing several options, Kindful seemed to match the needs we had and addressed the paths that we hoped to go. We are still in the learning curve of the many features, but the software has been very helpful in achieving what we need.

Cons

I have not had too many negative experiences with the software. I wish there was a way to print the dashboard for overview reports for my board. If there is a way I would like to learn it.

Reasons for Choosing Kindful

At the time, my recall is that it seemed the most user-friendly.

Jennifer from Friends of the Learning Community Charter School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Kindful has saved my life (only partially kidding)

The customer service is fantastic - every person is helpful and kind and I can get someone on the phone. An actual PERSON. Our data migration was handled beautifully. There is so much training I wish I had time to take advantage of.

Pros

This program is so intuitive and well designed it just blows my mind. I'm still learning the ropes but every time I think "Hm I wonder if I can do ...." I realize that Kindful either automatically does that thing or makes it incredibly easy to do. Tasks that used to take me 20 minutes are now literally done automatically. It has a great "brain" that seems to sense what I need and how to deliver it to me quickly. The user interface is also beautiful, which is super important to me.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that it does not make it easy to work with couples as a contact. (So Mr. and Mrs. Jones vs. Mr. Jones.) You can convert them to an organization vs and individual, so it's a minor quibble. I also wish that you could use and add more images on the templates.

Reasons for Choosing Kindful

I liked the interface a lot more. Also- the sales for DP were pretty pushy. Frankly Kindful speaks for itself.

Jeremy from Madison United Rugby

Kindful continues to grow

We needed a place to both store historical donor data as well as organize a capital campaign as well as a sustaining campaign.

Pros

Ease of setup and use Capture of information from Paypal Automated tax receipts and easy end of year tax documents

Cons

Lack of ability to setup and link different paypal / payment accounts to each of the different campaigns Awkward interactions when you are both an admin and a donor Limited customization of public facing donation pages.

Reasons for Choosing Kindful

It was simpler, cheaper, had a smoother look and was easy to train people on. It was also a new product and it looked like it had a lot of people working on making customer-led improvements.

Cristi from Bethany's Gait Ranch

Definitely a Win!

We love the software. I couldn't imagine running my organization without it.

Pros

I love that we no longer have to send receipts at the end of the year. It saves me hours of time. The fact that it interfaces with our accounting program has cut down time for our accountant and helped him keep track of donors. Perhaps the biggest win for us is that we get our donations within a few days. The last donor management system we used only paid out once a month.

Cons

The expense. It is competitively priced but as a small non profit it's a chunk out of our budget.

Reasons for Choosing Kindful

Same reasons we made the switch.

Catherine from Libertas Institute

Kindful is a great way to keep track of our donors

I've enjoyed using Kindful to keep track of donations, supporter info, create contact lists, and track my progress as a fundraiser. My overall experience has been very positive!

Pros

I like that it's really user friendly, simple to view different lists, create groups, spreadsheets, and your customer service is really great!

Cons

I wish there was an email tracking system in the software, so I could select a group of donors, send them an email, and then view opens/clicks/etc.

Paul from Fellowship of Christian Peace Officers-USA

FCPO-USA's Kindful Review

Our overall experience has been very positive. We are just a small staff that we have not been able to dig in to all the features available yet.

Pros

Easy to learn, use and implement. Report configurations. In fact all the features Kindful has and the cost.

Cons

We have not found any cons. We are just a small staff that we have not been able to dig in to all the features available yet.

Customer Service and Powerful Updates make this an excellent CRM

We use Kindful for all our donor, sponsor and grant tracking. It has all the features of any of the competitors and has an aesthetically pleasing, easy to use interface. I love the follow up tasks option, which helps for good donors stewardship. It also recently has a Wealth Data option integrated into the software. We don't pay for the extra, but event with our minimal plan, we get a little information. It's been great for a smooth transition in staff, since it's easy to see donor giving history, relationships with other people/org, as well as contact histroy.

Pros

The customer service is INSANE. It's timely and they will work with you until theyu find a solution. Even more, many issues I've had have been resolved when they do updates. They really listen to their customers and take their feedback into mind when doing updates.

Cons

There are very limited options for customizing mail. It's a great option to be able to automatically send tax receipts, but I wish we could upload a custom header. You can upload your logo, but it appears small on the pdf.

Reasons for Choosing Kindful

The price was much better for the functionality offered.

David from Friends of Kijabe

I use Kindful for our non-profit accounting and donor management (CRM)

Pros

Kindful is designed to be part of - not the whole of - a CRM/fund accounting strategy. The upside of this is that you are not pigeonholed into one system forever - it is designed to play nicely with other programs/systems. Once you go through the learning curve, the program is straightforward and easy to use. Customer support is fantastic for questions. I have to manually enter quite a few transactions, and it is much easier to do with Kindful than with Quickbooks. Automatic reports to my board of directors are fantastic. Also, for fund based accounting, this is much simpler to use than quickbooks - I do the math through kindful and my accountant does it through quickbooks - the information is automatically shared through the quickbooks integration. Zapier integration means you can get information in and out of kindful easily. Different price points for different organization sizes is key - a low cost entry point was a big deal for me.

Cons

Not the most intuitive layout, so takes some time getting used to, but once you do it is a very powerful tool. Looks good on a desktop, but not on iphone display. Integration with quickbooks is my main goal and is not perfect - numbers sync fine but sometimes followup is necessary to make sure the accounts/funds are credited properly. Would love to see an integration with campaign monitor for emails and a better to-do/task sharing interface (like basecamp).

Response from Kindful

Replied October 2017

Hey David, Thanks a million for the positive review! We're extremely grateful for the overwhelmingly positive comments you have about Kindful. Our main focus is being a platform that can connect to the services you need ¿ so it's a huge pat on our back to hear that you're able to use the QuickBooks and Zapier integrations to improve your accounting and database management. We also appreciate the critical feedback. Improving the QuickBooks integration is on our radar, as well as improving mobile friendliness. It's also good to know how our customers prefer to use tasks/to-do's, so that feedback is huge as well. Thanks again for the awesome review. It's very thorough and lets us in on the ways our customers are using Kindful. We're grateful to have you in the Kindful family! ¿¿ - Jared E

Catriona from Kachemak Bay Family Planning Clinic

Kindful has radically improved KBFPC's donor management

Pros

Customer service is outstanding - I can often find my answers in the help menu, but when I don't the email response is almost immediate and very thoughtful & thorough. There is little that I dislike about Kindful. Support during start up was personalized and authentically interested in what my needs and questions were, I didn't ever feel that I was being pitched to. It is quick and easy to set up and link with Stripe etc. Importing donor information from our previous system was very simple, but I felt that Kindful staff were ready to assist at every step if I needed. Day-to-day I get just the right amount of updates in my email inbox. Payments and new donors are quick and easy to add. The dashboard is attractive and has very relevant information. Reports are easy to generate. I have recommended Kindful to several other local agencies - and I found it myself from another local agency. Price is right for a small non-profit, too.

Cons

Pros FAR outweigh the cons! Some of the features are not completely intuitive, especially the naming and categorization of them. Sometimes I have to click on several tabs to find the feature I was looking for. Some of the "field" names do not function as I expect them to - but customer support assisted me in writing a query to fix them all at once. (it was not too problematic) I don't love the formatting for snailmailers and acknowledgements - but I haven't spent a whole lot of time trying to tweak them. I print envelopes from Kindful, and export the list of acknowledgements and mail-merge that data into a document I prepared in Microsoft Office; again, not a big deal, but I had to figure out this work-around.

Response from Kindful

Replied August 2017

Hi, Catriona! Thanks for writing such a glimmering review. It really brings us joy to see how much you've been able to benefit from Kindful's features. It sounds like your setup was really straightforward, you've had good experience with processing payments, adding contacts, and reporting, you feel good about the price, and all your needs have been answered by our support team. We are incredibly excited to hear that has been your experience. Hi-fives all around! User-friendliness is always top-of-mind around here, as we strive to make Kindful as approachable as possible. Your comments about navigating, tabs, and fields have been passed on to our product designers, as well as the comments about letter and acknowledgement templates. I'm glad you discovered a bit of a workaround in the meantime, but we'll pass all those details along to improve some functionality there. Thanks again for the feedback. We are always looking to improve! Talk to you soon, ¿ Jared

Brittany from World Orphans

We use it daily and it is very user friendly. Even those of us who aren't tech-savvy can 'get it'.

More streamlined than our previous interface, more user friendly.

Pros

I like the way everything is organized, Dashboard/Activities/Contacts... I like how reports can be automatic from the system straight to my email, daily. I like that once the credit card/ACH info is entered, we don't actually have access to those numbers, and helps with PCI compliance. When there is an issue, we email support and they respond promptly, within 24 hours, and are very friendly and very helpful. I love the size of Kindful, because I feel like they still take input from clients to improve their systems.

Cons

When a donor makes a donation and pays for the transaction fee, you have to go in manually and split the transaction fee from the donation. On days that we have recurring transactions come out, it takes us an incredible amount of time for us to find and go through all the transactions to manually split the transaction fees from the donation itself. That is very time consuming. I personally call donors often, and there is a way to make a 'note' on the donor's profile, however, to access the last time I called, I would need to scroll through transactions to find the last note or go out and create a report. There should be a 'note book' that I can open and see all our correspondence, no matter if the call was in 2012 or today. (Both of which I have brought up with Kindful Support, and they know it's an issue we have with the software).

Response from Kindful

Replied August 2017

Hi, Brittany! Thanks for such a great review. It sounds like you're getting a ton out of the software, and that really excites and energizes us. We love seeing our customers succeed! I really appreciate what you had to say about the size of Kindful. We really want to be personable with our customers (which includes receiving and responding to feedback!), and it sounds like you've had that experience. I also wanted you to know we've also started rolling out phone support for all customers, so you can reach our nice folks during normal business hours at (888) 854-3230. As for the transaction fee splitting and notes view, those are both great ideas that I'll pass along to our product designers. I'm hopeful we can work on those as future updates! Thanks again for writing in. Talk to you soon, - Jared

Clay from Just One Africa

This CRM is easy to use, saves us time and money as well as provides a good platform for donations.

Pros

The software is very easy to use, which means more of my staff will use it on a daily basis. The integrations with 3rd party vendors is fantastic. I can now capture all my PayPal donors data and it ties in with MailChimp nicely. The donation pages are very nice and allow me to segregate donations and allocate them to different campaigns and funds. The ability to allow the donor to cover the credit card fees has saved us per year as over 50% of people cover the fees. The email support is good and usually able to resolve an issue in less than 24 hours. I am very happy with Kindful.

Cons

Kindful's mobile responsiveness could be better. I wish they had a dedicated app or at least a better experience on small screens. Their email support is good, but I wish they had phone support for quicker resolution of issues. I feel the monthly fees are on the more expensive side of donor CRM tools. I would like better documentation and community involvement from customers. There is so much that could be done with it, but I don't know how to to implement some of it. Overall, I am happy with Kindful. They are a great company.

Response from Kindful

Replied August 2017

Hi Clay, We're so glad you're happy with Kindful. It sounds like our PayPal and MailChimp integrations are working out great for you ¿ which makes us super happy! We totally hear ya on the mobile responsiveness ¿ we're constantly working hard to make Kindful better on mobiles, since we know that's becoming more and more prevalent. We're also constantly working on new support articles, and ¿ just like you ¿ long for the day our customers become more communal participants on our support forums. On the phone support side, we have good news for you! Our support line, (888) 854-3230 is now live! You'll get connected during normal business hours to a friendly Tennessean. Thanks for writing a thorough and thoughtful review! Talk to you soon, ¿ Jared

Karen from non-profit

Kindful is very user-friendly for a small, non-profit, non-technical staff.

Donor management and integration with other online tools is key for non-profit success. The support team is excellent in not only telling you what to do but explaining how it works within the system.

Pros

The software is designed to serve the needs of non-profits. It has been developed to balance the needs of the daily user and the required reporting for a growing organization. The support team is extremely helpful and responsive. For the most part the functionality is very user-friendly and user training can be done in a short time.

Cons

There is a gap in the donor management process. There is no automated process to move a contact through the Donor cycle which means manual updating through custom fields. The video instructions are good for explaining the benefits of specific features but they don't explain how to perform the tasks/process to get to the results promises.

Response from Kindful

Replied August 2017

Hi, Karen! Thanks for writing a positive review! It thrills us that you've been able to take advantage of user-friendliness, and, in cases where you've needed help, have found it in our support team. We know not everything is perfectly intuitive, so it makes us happy to hear that when you've needed help, you've gotten it. Your feedback about the donor cycle management is great. We preach the donor cycle to our customers all the time, as we firmly believe in using this method to fundraise. Making that process easier in our software is always coveted feedback. We also appreciate your critique on our videos. We're trying to ramp those up more in the future, and this feedback about what they're actually accomplishing will set us up really well in our future video efforts. Thanks again for submitting this review and for being such a great person. Keep rockin' it! Talk to you soon, ¿ Jared

Jordan from Oasis for Orphans

Kindful has grown with us. This is huge for us, and they helped us get to the next level.

I've already recommended this software to many people. It is really easy to recommend to small organizations who are going from nothing to "online." However, there needs to be more development and automation with email marketing, in order for me to recommend this product for an already established (still smaller) organization. As a 1.2 M organization, we are ready for our next growth spurt.

Pros

The user experience is wonderful. From good colors and layouts to ease of use, we have been able to use Kindful to get organized on the backend and jump-start our fundraising.

Cons

The capabilities with email marketing and automation within groups, causes, campaigns, or forms have been a bit difficult for us. There are work-arounds, but we are hoping for more growth and potential in these areas.

Response from Kindful

Replied November 2017

Hi Jordan, Thanks for writing such a great review! We pride ourselves in growing with our customers, so to hear that back from you is a huge pat on the back over here. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying Kindful's interface and data management tools. Hopefully better organization is helping you segment and interact with donors on a deeper level. Your feedback about email marketing and automation is outstanding. We love getting to know how our customers want to continue using Kindful, and I can definitely see that as a next logical step for you. I'll pass that detail along to our product team and we'll look forward to seeing how those tools evolve. Thanks for being part of the Kindful family ¿ and for spreading the word about us! We're extremely grateful to support Oasis for Orphans. Happy fundraising, - Jared E

David from IDEA Ops

Mid-sized nonprofit with donor management needs

Love the user friendly-ness of the software, especially for our donors. It is great for capturing info but we need to be able to sort and filter the info better.

Pros

Allows donors to designate their donations

Cons

We have some needs that Kindful does not provide: -Ability to log calls within a donor's profile -Table Within Contact with custom columns -Auto-sync emails with donor’s profile -Improve the note taking feature -Individualized dashboard that shows the tasks and call history for the admin logged in. -The ability to search donor profiles based on amounts they donated to specific programs/campaigns -Be able to track all donations on each individual contact. -Need ages for all donors so that when I’m calling I’ll know which generation of a family I’m calling -Be able to actually see the pictures on each person’s profile. Not just a tiny circle that cannot be zoomed in on. -Be able to tab between cells when entering or changing information in existing donor profiles. We currently have to enter and select “edit” for the next cell. (i.e. entering address changes) -Being able to track recurring donors for those who send checks in monthly. The only way I can see to do this is making a group, which is fluid over time and doesn’t allow us to pull accurate historical information if a donor stops sending checks in and gets removed from the group. -Attempt to make kindful by name and by email not just email. (Make it so that families don’t have to use a random email for their 14 year old.) -Create a way other than the cause page for donated money for a mission trip will show up on the individuals profile not just their own donations. -ability to search by birthday month

Darlene from Cradle of Hope

It's Worth A Look!

If you are looking for donor software that is user friendly, a good price, and meets your needs, then I highly suggest you give Kindful a look.

Pros

I didn't know much about donor software when I started so I began researching multiple options. As a nonprofit, I was looking for something that would meet my needs without breaking the bank. What I liked about Kindful was that it offered most of the same features as other software programs at a great price. For options that are not included, Kindful partners with other agencies so you actually get everything you need. All the agencies that Kindful partners with, information can sync directly to Kindful which is very convenient. There is also a lot of support. You can call and they actually answer the phone and there are also many scripts and videos to walk you through various things. Kindful is always looking for ways to improve. They actually listen when we respond and they have already made many improvements.

Cons

I was skeptical about Kindful not including every possible feature within it's software. However, other software that does is double or triple the cost if not more. You also may be paying for things you don't need so I actually like this option a lot more than I thought I would. So far, Kindful meets all of my needs.

Great if you're flexible.

Overall, it gives us a lot of functionality especially for the price as compared to our former software, but at times gets a bit frustrating and/or time consuming. The service team is very helpful and on-going updates continue to improve the software and the software apps that can be used with Kindful.

Pros

Kindful is easy to use especially after the latest redo of the menu options. It's fun to use and I love having it sync with our donation page and being able to do special things like peer to peer fundraising and syncing to CrowdRise when we have special campaigns. It's great for automatic receipting and keeping an annual summary available to donors. Donors also an login to their account and do updates which really is a time saver for me - I do fewer updates on expired credit cards and address changes for example. The people who work for Kindful are very professional, friendly and helpful.

Cons

At times we get a little frustrated trying to figure out how to pull certain reports and often I run a report and then edit it in Excel. There's not a lot of flexibility as to how the report is printed. Also finding the group we want is sometimes difficult in the software - again, I may get it to a point and then manipulate the report in Excel. Some tasks in Kindful seem to take more steps than I'd prefer - somethings can be bulk updated but not all things for example.

Beth from Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis

Industry: Philanthropy

Right product for our needs and budget

The organization is responsive to my questions and needs. I have seen changes to the software since we purchased that have directly addressed my or other users' issues.

Pros

Basic functions are easily taught, yet it has a robust reporting structure that is anything but basic. I can train others to do data entry as we get new donors and donations so they can gain confidence using the system quickly. Then I can show them other features as they are ready to learn more.

Cons

We are a membership organization and the software really isn't designed to manage memberships. They were upfront about this and give suggestions for addressing our needs and it is working for us.

Reasons for Choosing Kindful

We are an all-volunteer staff (no paid staff) depending on extra donations to our administrative funds to pay the costs of a database. The volunteers in staff roles change annually so it's important to have a system that is easy to use, but we still needed the robustness of a system with database capabilities. It wasn't the lowest monthly cost, but it was the system offering the most capability at a reasonable cost.

Allessia from Global Mission Awareness

Big Upgrade for our NonProfit

Honestly when we first signed up for Kindful we needed a lot of help with integrations and the general function of Kindful. At that time customer service was only through email and Kindful was in another time zone. I vented quite a bit in the beginning because as a new customer the tutorials didn't always provide specific solutions for our problems. NOW THEY HAVE A PHONE CALL OPTION!!! I would say that although we have grown as a customer in understanding the platform, Kindful too has grown by leaps and bounds in customer support. I feel like their IT is more knowledgeable about the platform and provides better solutions. This is one of the greatest improvements since coming on board 2 years ago! THANK YOU KINDFUL.

Pros

I love that this platform houses all of my donor information and that the donors have access to their information. I love the ease of creating new campaigns and receiving donations! I also love the ease of getting out the end of year tax receipts!

Cons

My least favorite thing about this platform is the reports. All though you can pull a report on virtually anything it doesn't provide totals and is a bit clunky. I am also still hoping for proper integration with our email platform Active Campaign to make our communications more seamless.

Nancy from Scott Hamilton CARES Foundation

Kindful

Kindful and the API integrations has allowed our organization to improve its ability to report on metrics to our board, communicate with our donors, seamlessly integrate with our crowdfunding donors and participants, annual gala attendees and silent auction purchasers with all the information in one database. With the touch on one program, we can access information in a timely manner and present our data in a professional manner.

Pros

Customer support is AWESOME and timely responses and follow-up. API integrations with other programs for silent auction, crowdfunding fundraising report card, mailing program, and our two credit card payment processors helps us to be more efficient and effective. Report functionality of canned reports and ability to customize and create our own canned reports is perfect. Online training tools are awesome as well as the help articles. Kindful continues to add new API integrations with other software programs giving us future options. We were able to train two new staff in one week for all of the basic functions and integrations to include groups, campaigns, posting of funds and some customization of reporting.

Cons

Currently, there is no system for tracking of drip marketing for prospects and stages of development. The assigning of tasks functionality could be improved.

Patrick from OurCalling

Very easy to use

Kindful is a wonderful software, with a really strong customer service team. I have used a number of platforms over the years and I find Kindful to be my favorite. I have never used a "perfect" CRM and we know that there isn’t such a thing, so if you can't have perfect its really nice to have good, with great customer service.

Pros

- It's very user-friendly - It works with most of the other software we use (Mailchimp, Eventbrite, Quickbooks, Zapier...) - Kindful has the very best customer service

Cons

- It's "dashboard" doesn't report accurately, you have to create custom reports to get some of the actual data they advertise. The most frustrating dashboard number they display that isn't accurate is there "Retention Rate" number. Rather than showing donor retention, it shows activity retention, meaning that if someone came to a free event one time and doesn't end up giving a donation within a year it shows it as a drop in your retention. - The duplicate finder isn't very strong, and takes a lot of manual work. We have to call kindful every few months to ask them to reset the duplicate finder so that it will work again. - The "Fundraising" tools aren't very robust.

Esther from JGSI

Fantastic CRM for nonprofits

Overall I am incredibly happy with Kindful. It is very easy to use and on any type of hardware! Whenever I have a question or problem my customer support contact is always available and I get answers right away. The setup was easy and the care that the team at Kindful have for their customers is second to none.

Pros

I love the features, ease of use, quick access to support professionals and individualized customer service.

Cons

There are one or two features that our organization could use that are not on Kindful, like a very robust events and program management system. But to be fair, unless one is customizing a CRM, it is almost impossible to find. Additionally, the mail sync feature no longer works with gmail, and that would be a huge help to have.

Reasons for Choosing Kindful

Kindful offered the most amount of products and services we needed at the most reasonable price.

Marion from Massachusetts Immigrant & Refugee Advocacy Coalition (MIRA)

Industry: Public Policy

A great tool for small to mid-size nonprofits

We got Kindful in July 2017 to replace Salsa, which we found overpriced and clunky. We chose Kindful because, combined with Mailchimp and Eventbrite, it met our needs very well, and enabled us to reduce the cost of our development/communications/event toolkit by over 50% overnight, while substantially improving the quality of our tools. We found the Kindful team very easy to work with, always helpful and responsive. We also appreciate that Kindful keeps getting better and more sophisticated.

Pros

Kindful is very easy to learn to use, and it offers all the features that fundraisers at most small to mid-size nonprofits will want, without needless complexity and at a very reasonable price tag. It also integrates very well with best-in-class tools like Mailchimp and Eventbrite, enabling you to build a suite of tools tailored to your organization's specific needs. Kindful's dashboard is very good, and their reporting features are solid. Help materials are great. We also really appreciate the very responsive and very friendly staff, always there to help!

Cons

Some aspects of Kindful aren't super intuitive, and if you don't use them frequently, you may spend some time confused and looking around. That said, the help materials will usually solve these problems quickly.

David from Bible in the Schools

Industry: Fund-Raising

Great system overall with a couple of frustrating elements

Helps us effectively track our donor base and view our historical fundraising performance.

Pros

visually appealing. Love the dashboard and all of the data that is available there.

Cons

Two main complaints - (1) we like to record it whenever we make contact with a donor (phone call, send an email, etc.). This is done through Notes, and I find that the location of Notes and the setup is a bit frustrating. I wish for more of a "contact log" setup. I know that all of the info I might want to put in there is available, I just wish it were a bit less rigidly-structured, and that it were more of a 1-click system whenever I want to enter a contact event with a donor. (2) - we have linked Kindful to Classy, and it is extremely annoying that whenever someone makes an online donation via Classy, if the donor doesn't enter their info EXACTLY as it appears on Kindful, then Kindful will create a new profile...it can't seem to figure out that "David & Jennifer Welsh" is the same as "David Welsh," even when both have the exact same address, etc. Kindful defaults to creating another separate profile. It seems like it would be much better to have the default setting to assume that they were the same contact, and then to prompt us (the user, not the donor) to confirm that. Maybe a pop-up message that says something like, "David Welsh has made a donation. It looks like 'David Welsh' might be the same as 'David and Jennifer Welsh.' Can you confirm, or do you want to create a separate profile?"

Kindful for Small Nonprofit

Wonderful!

Pros

The ability to integrate with other software The ways we're able to capture lots of information and different types of gifts

Cons

It needs a fully integrated email system - at least with a more advanced text editor and a way to view emails that have gone out from the system.

Price

Mackenzie from Lolly's Locks

Small Nonprofit Loves Kindful!

Pros

I love how easy it is to use this software! We went from organizing our donor base in spreadsheets - which is a difficult way to keep data "clean" - to using Kindful, which has helped us really minimize our time spent on data entry and upkeep. We have so much more time to spend on more important tasks.

Cons

I really wish this software had a way to describe a donation amount. We would likely get more donations if we were able to equate them to our mission somehow. Meaning, when it says $25, it could say next to it "this donation could cover the cost of ____ for our organization." Also, this addition would allow us to sell sponsorships this way, too. Secondly, I wish this software had a quantity field. If these two additions were made, we would eliminate the need for a event registration plug in.

Response from Kindful

Replied November 2017

Hi Mackenzie, Thanks for the awesome review! It makes all of us at Kindful excited to hear you're getting organized and saving time. That's kind of our mantra here, so it pumps us up to hear organizations accomplishing that. I totally hear you on the donation amount labels. Those are great ways to inspire more practical donations. I'd actually suggest doing that on your website: list the costs associated with donations, and have each donate button go to your Kindful donation page with a giving amount already preset. That way you can format everything on your website to look the way you want it, and still have the donor convert to that exact amount. If you have any questions about this process, you can call us at 888.854.3230 or email support@kindful.com to get some guidance in setting that up! Thanks again for all your great feedback. We're grateful we get to support Lolly's Locks, and proud to have you as part of the Kindful family. Happy fundraising, - Jared E

Scott from Neema House Tanzania

Empowering a small non-profit improve fundraising and donor management.

Pros

Kindful is easy to use and track donations by campaign or by fund. You can setup color scheme preferences for all donation pages or you can customize each and every one. Kindful pages are clean and the Dashboard as been recently improved to really help monitor donor management such as donors that have upgraded giving, retention rates, activity on recurring donations, etc. The Kindful on boarding team was extremely helpful in assisting me setup my donation pages, multiple campaigns, and making sure all my data was successfully transitioned from my previous payment gateway. Making the switch to Kindful has made it much easier for us to manage donor relations and also get better reporting by each campaign.

Cons

Some reporting features could be improved to make sure you can download actual donated funds that do not include refunds or canceled payments. While you can get customer support via email, I wish my monthly fee included at least some webchat or phone based customer support without an additional fee.

Laila from Care 4 Needy Copts

Satisfied Customer

The software is great for all the reports that satisfied our needs. The system organized all our data in an easy way to retrieve it.

Pros

As a software, Its easy to use. Excellent customer service. Great report system

Cons

Any additional service costs money. It takes sometime for the sync between Kindful and Quickbooks

Reasons for Choosing Kindful

The quality and the price. Easy to use

Candy from Sioux Falls Thrive

Low Cost, High Value CRM Product

This was the least stressful software transition I've made. Love the ability to create and safe reports.

Pros

Onboarding to new software is the stuff of nightmares, or an acid stomach at the very least. Over the years, I've learned to fear falling in to a "black hole" of endless hours spent learning the ropes and getting the program to perform as advertised. Switching to Kindful was surprisingly easy -- the upload system via cvs files was efficient, the online training tools answered most of our questions, and when we needed help, a quick response from Kindful was greatly appreciated.

Cons

Going through three screens to reach the Contact screen when looking up mailing addresses. Oh, and there needs to be clarification of the multiple entry points for phone numbers.

Colleague recommendation.

Sarah Catherine from Jovenes en Camino

The easiest part of fundraising

I have been able to integrate our golf fundraiser sign ups int our website because of your widgets but would like more customization. would love to be able to sign up volunteers/runners/etc through the site instead of using active.com! overall, this platform has made my job easier and more functional especially on the go because it's web based (surprisingly, my old organization used an archaic system that was only accessible on the server)

Pros

user friendly interface, quick turnaround on customer questions, ease of reporting, clean look when donor is using donation portal, most critical information showing

Cons

would like a better way to separate reporting on various campaigns during a given year and general manipulation of data (for example, the transaction reports are sent via pdf so I can't easily analyze the data in a spreadsheet), would like outstanding card value to be a reporting option,

William from TFI

Industry: Fund-Raising

Kindful makes me look good.

If I have any questions, I am able to talk to a tech support rep and they patiently walk me through the solution. I had one of our partners call me the other day. He was struggling with how he was going to get his tax statements out when he received ours in an email. He was impressed with the professional look and asked how we did it. I told him that it took me all of 15 minutes to send out hundreds of statements just like the one he received. He signed up with Kindful the next day.

Pros

What I like most about the Kindful is the ease of use. My favorite feature is the "transaction batch" tool. It allows me to quickly and easily add any number of donations at one time without leaving the page.

Cons

Any problems I had with the software initially have been remedied by their support teams after I brought them to their attention. They worked the problem and didn't stop until it was satisfactory.

Staci from Franklin Tomorrow

Excellent product and customer service

I'm fairly new to working with my current organization, but have worked in the nonprofit world for longer and Kindful has been amazing. The ease of creating new donor/organization profiles and tracking their donations and pledges has been a huge time saver. In the past, I really dreaded having to work with the donation tracking side of the organization (I'm more a people person than numbers gal), but Kindful makes it easy to understand and creates a clear picture of where your organization stands.

Pros

Kindful has been a great product to use to keep with our donor base. The more I learn about the features, the easier it is to keep up with our donors, communicate with them and also convey an accurate picture of the organization to our board members. When I don't know how to do something, a simple search always leads me to their helpful tutorials that walk me through the process. It's seamless. Kindful has been a great asset to our organization.

Cons

I'm still a newbie, so I can't say there is something I dislike with confidence. When I think I don't like a certain feature, I learn more about it and I figure out the true capability of the functions. So far, the tools offered are amazing.

Jeff from USA Deaf Sports Federation

Kindful is about growing with your business and adapting!

Overall, Kindful has been a great fit for our organizational needs. I still have not taken full advantage of all the great features but continue to be impressed with what they are able to do! I intend to stick with Kindful for a while.

Pros

Kindful is very user friendly and tailors to our needs as a small growing organization. Kindful grows with us and continues to be on the cutting edge by syncing with popular apps that are applicable to nonprofits. Streamlining and efficiency with tremendous rapid response from their support team is what I love most!

Cons

Filtering and segmenting reports for emails and board reports can be a little tricky. This is where I've needed most support and training. Also, it would be great to have the capacity to store images/files on my Kindful account (attached to donor profiles) of incoming checks and thank you letters as a way to keep track.

Reasons for Choosing Kindful

One of the reasons we chose Kindful in addition to local peer reviews and excellent product deliverables was because of it's headquarter's proximity to us. We like supporting local companies and Kindful delivered well!

Sophisticated in applications, but not for data geeks

Our organization came to kindful pretty soon after the product was launched, and selected it without any internal knowledge of donor databases and the needs of a major gift program. It worked well for the volunteer leading the development efforts, but as soon as a seasoned development person was hired, it was a little lacking.

Pros

Kindful is great for folks who need a good place to store and review donor data. It integrates with a lot of great other SaaS platforms and is fairly easy to use. Throughout 2019, they have been working on the user experience, and have (finally) added some if their own features to make the database a bit more sophisticated in and of itself, and not relying upon third parties for everything.

Cons

I felt the data was harder to pull than I would have liked, and a lot of the reports I would have liked I needed to put together myself. Also, entering data was a bit of a pain - you could not tab to get to the next field, and editing a user seemed fairly arduous.

Rachel from Ground Zero, Myrtle Beach

Kindful not so kind

It does help me to keep track of my donors and put them into different categories. It helps me to create emails for groups I want to send them too.

Pros

I like that I can easily put in new people/organizations. Easy to put in transactions.

Cons

How hard it is to print reports. There are way too many steps in printing out a report. Email instructions do not help. When I need help, it would be nice to speak with someone at the time I am having the problem, not wait for an email hours to a day later, with non helpful instructions that I could of printed off and didn't work the first time. I am very busy and when I have allotted time to work on a report and cannot get what I need, I need to be able to have a customer service person to help me at that time, because I do not know when I will have time to do it again.

Lucas from Next City

Industry: Online Media

Kindful Works for Us

We are a small nonprofit. But Kindful has been eager to work with us, responsive to our questions, and we're happy to recommend it to other nonprofits of our size.

Pros

The ability to track all of our transaction activity in one place, with multiple abilities to sort the information, is an invaluable part of what we do as a nonprofit. The integration with MailChimp is seamless and only makes the tool more robust. What's been truly awesome is the addition of wealth insights to the data, allowing us to target messaging to those with the greatest propensity to donate. It's rare to see these multiple functionalities all in one place.

Cons

Updating records with third-party information is possible, but there are of course requirements about how to match those records. It requires planning ahead.

Ariel from World Orphans

User-friendly software, not enough features available

We use it every day to keep track of donations, contacts, etc. It is very helpful to have everything in one place.

Pros

Cons

There are a lot of filtering options that are not available that would be really helpful. More bulk editing options would also be nice.

Response from Kindful

Replied November 2017

Hi Ariel, Thanks for the review! We're honored to have World Orphans in the Kindful family, and we're happy to receive the nice review. It sounds like you're using Kindful to successfully collate your data into one place, and use features easily with Kindful's user-friendly design. That aligns with some of our major efforts ¿ so that means a lot to hear your success there. Filtering can be a beast of a task, so I definitely understand your desire for more abilities around this function. We're currently working on getting a master list of filters listed in a support article, and I hope that's helpful to you once we publish it. I'll pass your comment about bulk editing to our product team. Thanks again for being part of the Kindful family! Cheers, Jared E

Claire from Santa Barbara Wildlife Care Network

Industry: Environmental Services

Simple, Easy, and Kind

Pros

The support staff are the best thing about this. They are so ready to answer any questions I have, and thankfully I don't have too many since the software is so easy to use.

Cons

There are certain functionalities that could be improved upon. For instance, I'd love more flexibility in generating and scheduling the reports that my organization would find most useful. There are also little UI things that could use improvement. But overall, a great program.

Reasons for Choosing Kindful

Better support staff, easier UI!

Lindsey from Rescue:Freedom

User-Friendly CRM with Excellent Customer Service

Kindful is helping the organization I work with see an overall snapshot of donor history. I have found the user interface to be incredibly user friendly. There are certain features that need catching up with the industry as a whole, and when shared with the Kindful team they are always receptive. I've even seen some suggestions come to fruition. Their customer service is top-notch and I can usually expect to hear back within an hour by email - often sooner. Overall, very pleased with the product and NO CRM is perfect on the market. This is the best of three major ones I have used.

Pros

I find the user interface to be incredibly intuitive and user friendly. For basic use, it takes little to no training.

Cons

Certain features still needing catch-up. I have had issues with household reporting and history. And, the social fundraising features have some quirks that always require work-arounds.

Abbie from Sarah's Covenant Homes, India

A game-changer for small non-profits looking to grow.

Kindful has improved the way we do most of our donor management at the small non-profit that I work for. Before Kindful we were just using PayPal links for our donors to give and tracking everything on spreadsheets that more often than not were incorrect. Kindful has revolutionized the way we operate and has helped us grow more and more each year.

Pros

So many things! I love the ease of use, the customer service, the rapid responses when coming across and issue, all the iterations. So much to love about Kindful!

Cons

There are only a handful of tweaks I would make and they are all pretty specific to our non-profit so it may not even effect others. I dislike that there isn't an easy option for creating recurring sponsorships. There could also be some more flexibility with the peer-to-peer fundraising pages and forms design-wise.

Fallon from Mocha Club

Kindful...it's in the name

Kindful has been super helpful in streamlining all our contacts and billing systems into one. Kindful is our mastermind of collecting interactions, contributions, and any activity with our donors. It's a one-stop shop.

Pros

My favorite things about Kindful are the ease of use - it's super user friendly especially on the backend. Clear, simple, and lots of options for reporting. The other thing that Kindful gets spot on is the customer service. Any issues I have are corrected within hours of working with Kindful's support team. They are super personable and always willing to help in a prompt manner.

Cons

There have been a couple glitches with reporting in Kindful that I would have to bring up with the support team. But again, they are quick in response and helping to correct any errors.

Michael from THRIVE Gulu

Kindful is Ideal for Nonprofit Organizations

We like the resources Kindful has - good webinars & articles. These often provide good ideas for us to improve our fundraising.

Pros

As a small nonprofit organization with no staff who are particular experts in CRM or fundraising strategies, Kindful has proven to be the ideal resource for us. It is easy to learn, implement and share with others on our team. We appreciate the data it tracks and the ease of access to whatever metrics we are looking for.

Cons

Very rarely and only early on, we had trouble linking some of our previous software programs with Kindful. At first we were worried we might have lost some data in the transition, but for the most part we seem to have sorted everything out.

Reasons for Choosing Kindful

Kindful seemed easier and the most affordable for us.

Kindful

Pros

Kindful is very user-friendly and if you have a question, the support staff is quick to respond.

Cons

Kindful can be tricky when wanting to run reports specific to a certain campaign across fiscal years.

Reasons for Choosing Kindful

Cost and overall functionality of Kindful

Brittany from Franktown Open Hearts

Great for the Money and with New Updates is Getting Better

This software has been extremely beneficial for our organization and they keep making improvements to ensure customer satisfaction. There are minor things here and there that are annoying, but this is definitely better than what we were using and the price is much better than other CRM companies out there.

Pros

The organization I work for used Salesforce most recently and it was nightmare for nonprofits. Kindful is built for nonprofits, so they understand how you will used the software and have made several features, such as generating tax letters, super simple.

Cons

The search functionality could be better as could the contact duplicate finder. It is also annoying that the system creates a new contact if a donor does not log into their account to make an online donation.

Donna from CHRISTIAN FAMILY MEDIA MINISTRIES, INC.

User Friendly Donor Software

I have worked with several different donor care software programs and this one is the easiest to use. There are a lot of different features in Kindful.

Pros

It is user friendly. Support team gets back to you in a timely fashion.

Cons

I have some problems with filtering in reports.

Reasons for Choosing Kindful

Kindful does a lot of the same things that the other product did for a lot less money.

Tyler from St. Augustine's Chapel

Kindful works smarter so you can work harder on the stuff that matters!

Kindful helps us automate and manage our donation process and donor base in a cloud-based platform. This frees up hours of staff time, allows us to more easily capture donations from donors, and creates a highly useful data set for future fundraising strategies.

Pros

Kindful gives our staff and board exceptionally valuable information and makes managing donors and their gifts a breeze. What was a highly manual process is now totally automated and we are able to leverage data about our donors in a way that maximizes our fundraising efforts and frees up staff to focus on the meaningful work of serving our congregation. Plus, the Kindful support team is awesomely responsive and helpful when we have questions.

Cons

All in all, not much bad I can say about the platform. It is continually growing and the Kindful staff does a great job of taking feedback into consideration for future roadmap items.

Matthew from The GO Fund

Great Tool that keeps getting better!

Pros

I love Kindful because all of our donors are organized in one fairly simple tool. We are able to run reports and understand our donor spread, attrition and habits of donors easily.

Cons

I wish the reporting feature was more robust as well as some options for integration with your smart phone so that you easily had access to contacts on the go.