Kindrid Software Reviews

Kindrid Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"This app makes it more convenient for users who wants to send money from the comfort of their home and it is so user friendly."
  • icon"I love how easy it is to give to organizations that I care about."
  • icon"Their customer service is outstanding. They always respond quickly, and they really worked hard to get the correct integration with our database setup."
  • icon"It is slightly more difficult from an accounting perspective that I see required price hit our bank and not the amount that was intended."
  • icon"We've tried to customize some areas of the system, but have been unsuccessful."
  • icon"We really miss the addresses of the new contributors."

Browse all Kindrid Reviews

• Have you used Kindrid and would like to share your experience with others?

Jonathan

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

A quality way of equipping your church to give!

Patricia

A Needed Innovation

Pros

Why did it take so long for mobile giving to become a thing? Kindrid is an innovation that finally represents the true generational shift in finance management and giving. Millennials just don't carry cash! (Don't even get stated on checks. What are those?) But it doesn't mean they don't want to give. This text-to-give platform makes it easy for people to give to institutions such as churches, non-profits, and any other kind of benefit fundraiser situation on the go from their phone. It's the needed innovation in a modern landscape and exactly the kind of problem technology should be solving for our everyday lives.

Cons

Of course we wish everything were automatic, and that's not always the case. There is a one-time setup for first givers that is unavoidable. But the platform does its best to make it as painless as possible through a series of onboarding texts to get your account information and verifications. Overall, it could be worse. And once complete, you never have to do it again (thank goodness). Another possible con is some phone carriers don't allow you to text short codes--but this can be resolved since Kindrid provides a full-length phone number (you just have to get it).

Jacob

Easy platform that will make a big impact on your digital giving

An immediate increase in giving by adding text-to-give. The giving option has become 12% of our giving.

Pros

Kindrid is very easy to set up. It typically can be done in under 30 minutes. Its a very affordable platform where you will so a return on the investment very quick. Their customer support are quick to respond to any request and very helpful.

Cons

We've tried to customize some areas of the system, but have been unsuccessful. For example, we'd like to customize the automated response when a gift is process, but that is nailed down and non-customizable. Our integration with FellowshipOne is also limited and needs to be expanded to feed ACH donations accurately.

Response from Kindrid

Hi there Jacob! Thank you so much for the great review and for trusting us with Hope Fellowship's giving. I'm so glad to hear that you had a positive experience with the KINDRID set up. I'd love to hear more of your thoughts on account customization as well as the limitations you're experiencing with the Fellowship One integration. I'll follow up via email soon! Thanks again, -Alex, KINDRID Team

Replied January 2018

Rick

Buyers Be Ware!

If I were reviewing this company based on the experience we had with them during the first 3 1/2 years of working with them, I would rate them at 4 Stars - not perfect - but typically able to resolve any problems within a reasonable time frame. If I were reviewing them based on our most recent experiences I would be lamenting the fact that a rating lower than zero stars doesn't exist.

Pros

We selected Kindrid 3 1/2 years ago, specifically for it's text-to-give feature. The service was simple, safe, and affordable, and worked well for us for 3 1/2 years, until it went south at the beginning of this month.

Cons

We've just come through our second weekend of not being able to offer a text-to-give option to our members due to a technical glitch on Kindrid's end. We've reached out to rep at Kindrid and he has told us that the best solution he can offer is to give our members a new phone number to use for text-to-give. I've told him this won't work because we already have a one year supply (40,000) of pre-printed giving envelopes on hand that contain the original instructions that Kindrid gave us for text-to-give, which include the same phone number that we've been using for the past 3 1/2 years. The best suggestion rep could offer was to tell our members to not use out text-to-give option and instead to give directly through our giving portal. Here we are entering the holiday season and I need to shop for another provider to meet our text-to-give needs.

Response from Kindrid

Hi Rick! Thank you for your feedback. The Kindrid team exists to serve the church. We believe in generosity and in your local church. Everything we do is to empower your community to experience, understand, and participate deeper in the unique vision of your church. Unfortunately, the text giving issue is at the cell phone carrier level. We have been working to resolve this issue with them and have an alternative method of resolution with shortcode texting availability. We are so sorry you are experiencing this issue, and we have been working diligently to resolve with our text offering partners and wireless carriers. Please contact us; we'd like to talk to you more about our shortcodes. We value your feedback and want to help you with this issue.

Replied December 2019

Joshua

Amazing Giving Platform!

Online Giving. Text to Give. Recurring Giving.

Pros

Very intuitive interface, straight forward and packed with tons of features. Their text to give feature was the main reason that we made the switch from our previous giving platform. Before the switch we had maybe 20% of our congregation give through our online platform. Since we have made the switch over to Kindrid we are now at around 90% of our giving comes from either online or text to give. Also, we have seen increases in overall giving year-over-year. They also give you a fair amount of promotional tools to promote and encourage generous giving. 10 out 10 would recommend Kindrid!

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about them.

Reasons for switching to Kindrid

Cheaper overall rate per transaction. Text to give was included and wasn't an additional fee. Also, no yearly subscription fee.

Terrell

Kindrid is a joy to use. Support is very responsive and we have seen a 15% increase in giving.

Pros

Kindrid has been a joy to use. Customer support is very responsive and we saw a 15% increase in giving after the first year of use. The integration with Church Community Builder was simple to setup and has worked much better than other giving app integrations we have experienced in the past.

Cons

The only con was getting people on-boarded to the system but Kindrid does offer graphic material as well as a video. The only thing that would have made it better was if there video was a Premiere/After Effects file and was structured in such a way that our video team could have quickly manipulated it to be a better fit to our branding.

Scott

Feature rich, easy to use, responsive and friendly/responsive customer support.

Pros

It's easy to use, we had text donations up and running and tested in less than an hour. The administrative screens are intuitive, system is very stable and responsive. The customer support team is very friendly, patient and responsive to my questions or support needs. The donor response to the system has been very favorable and widely accepted. I highly recommend this software.

Cons

There are very few cons in my opinion, everything works well. One con is that we aren't able to use Kindrid in other countries.

Our church plant uses Kindrid for gifts from both partners and the new congregation.

Giving security and ease of use for people wanting to donate to our church.

Pros

Simplicity with options. I love that Kindrid makes it easy to give. They also have great security for givers and have intelligent options - such as giving directly from your bank account to avoid credit and debit card fees. Another "bonus" is that they communicate well with givers. Recurring gifts always come with a "thank you for giving" email or text to encourage and thank the givers. Finally, I would say that their customer service has been fantastic during the one or two times that we've needed their help. I highly recommend this organization!

Cons

I haven't run into any significant issues and we've been with Kindrid for about a year and a half. If I had to list something, I would probably say that their new rollout of give.church has generated the need for some explanation to our people that the name change is part of a system-wide upgrade, not a change of companies.

Great service for giving!

Pros

Easy online giving with amazing customer service. I can get answers within 5 minutes in their live chat and there has never been a problem they cannot resolve.

Cons

Their reports are very small...I need to ask them for a reports that I need which they do get to me very fast. With their new update coming out next month though, I heard we will be able to run the scheduling giving report I have been looking for.

Everett

Kindrid has made receiving gifts so easy. It's been wonderful!

Pros

As a non-profit we have been looking for a way to make it super easy for people to give. We have used fellowship one as a main giving platform and it has worked for longtime givers that get it but for us as a non-profit we desire new givers to have a very simple process if they only one give a one time gift. Kindrid has made that possible.

Cons

The thing we are really looking for is a platform that is more of an all in one software. So what is a con about the platform isn't necessarily something you guys should should try to be but is an all in one platform for giving, donor management, event registration etc.

Marcus

Fantastic giving solution

Pros

Ease of use and customer service is great. We implemented and had a bunch of people jump on and it's only grown.

Cons

Not a lot not to like. They've upgraded some of their limitations and probably need to add some more to compete with other digital solutions. But for the price, not much to complain about.

Jodi

The Kindrid Team is great; I use the product daily and it meets my needs to process our text giving.

This software allowed our organization (a church) to offer text giving to both our members and to guest users. Anyone was able to make a donation to our church. Sometimes we have a special designated offering and this software allows me to easily make changes and additions to categorize the gifts. This software also interfaces well with my financial software and it allows me to import the text giving directly into my contribution database (I use ACS). I have been using this software for several years and use it almost daily. I allows me to see in real time each gift amount and donor information as it is given. It has increased our giving both in amount and in frequency. Many of our donors set up recurring gifts which is a wonderful feature. Anytime that I needed any assistance from Kindrid I was able to reach them immediately in online live conversation and they have always been very attentive and knowledgeable and able to assist me. I am thankful for this product and it definitely meets and even exceeds my needs.

Pros

I love how quickly the Kindrid Team responds to my questions and helps me to walk through with set up and any changes that I want to make to our text giving platform. I also love that this product captures information from the text giving in real time and I can see donations as they happen. This product interfaces with my ACS giving software which makes importing text donations to my financial software so easy. It is very user friendly with set up and making changes as needed. I would definitely recommend this product.

Cons

I would prefer that the per donation charges and fees were applied and debited monthly rather than from each individual transaction. I realize that this may be a personal preference but I use another software for other credit and debit processing that does it this way and I find it works much better for me in my bookkeeping when I am able to track a one time monthly charge and fee rather than individual transaction fees. I do realize this may not be as beneficial to Kindrid however. They do bill the plan fee monthly but each transaction fee is posted individually to the transaction.

Response from Kindrid

Thanks for taking the time to write this review, Jodi! We appreciate your feedback on having the processing fees be deducted monthly. I've sent that feature request over to our product team for consideration. We're grateful to be serving Oak Hill Baptist church! Thanks again, The KINDRID Team

Replied June 2018

Kindrid makes it extremely easy for our church to manage our text giving

We use this service to provide our attenders with the ability to make contributions via text. They simply text a keyword to a short code number and set up an account. Once that is done, they can give whenever they want by texting a keyword and a number. They can make one time gifts or recurring gifts. We have seen people give via this method that have never given any other way. It is so easy for people to use, and it is extremely easy for us to manage. It integrates easily with our database and is easy for our accountant to reconcile.

Pros

It integrates easily with our database. It takes me only a few minutes a day to import the giving. Our users love the simplicity of using it. They can make one time contributions or set up recurring giving. They can also easily give toward different funds so we can use it for different purposes. Their customer service is outstanding. They always respond quickly, and they really worked hard to get the correct integration with our database setup. They listen to our needs and help us make sure we are collecting the information we need about our givers.

Cons

The reporting is quite limited. I can't always get the reports I want, but if I ask support, they can send them.

Kelli

Good platform but needs more administrative features

fast and east texting for the users. Clunky on the admin side. Kindrid integration with other platforms has not worked for us.

Pros

Quick and easy on the user end to send a text and set up account. Easy to set deposits as either manual or automatic. Keywords are easy to set up on demand.

Cons

Administrative features need imrpovement. Cannot run reports by keyword; no abililty for our church to assist users with changes to their accounts, we need to go through kindrid support. Inabilty to designate more than one bank account for deposits (a feature available on Paypal), which requires more administrative work on the back end. Could use a better mobile platform - edit features for the user do not always work. Administrative reporting overall could be better.

Response from Kindrid

Thank you so much for your review Kelli! We're making some awesome improvements to our dashboard and admin experience that will be in action soon. One of the features that will implemented is the ability to run designation reports. We'll keep you posted on when these updated features become available. Thanks again, The KINDRID Team

Replied June 2018

Theresa

I love working with Kindrid they have a great product and the best customer service out there.

Pros

I have been using Kindrid since October 2015. This product is very user friendly and easy to manage. The customer service surpasses any customer service I have ever known. The Kindrid team is always willing to help with anything you need. They are continuously looking for ways to improve their product. They have been working on an integration for us within a software program and through out the entire process they have been supportive and have worked diligently to get the integration worked out. We are still in the process but they always keep a positive attitude and do what ever they can to help. They truly go above and beyond. I absolutely love their product and their customer service. I highly recommend them to everyone who asks.

Cons

This one is a hard one for me because I truly love using Kindrid and working with their staff. If I had to pick something it would be the refund recording.

Dustin

Kindrid/Give.Church has changed the way our givers contribute to our church with great ease

Faster, Simpler, and more Efficient record reporting.

Pros

The Kindrid software has made our end of the month reconciling so much simpler with the way it syncs with so many avenues of our database system. With our organizations running all contribution records through Shelby Arena, Kindrid has made the importing and communication process very smooth between the two systems.

Cons

I am not one for typing many bad reviews... But one thing that could be worked on in regards to wrapping up an end of the month giving statement. Once, you have dispersed funds for the month, there are some times where a refund may hit after the end of the month amounts have been closed causing the CSV and XML reports to not reflect the refunds or just cancel out the previous gift. We have had to manually make these corrections before importing the contributions into Shelby Arena.

Vicki

Text to Give

Kindrid is a wonderful company. If you need help in any way their techs are always helpful and walk you through any thing you need help with. They will do one on one training with you if you want it.

Pros

It is easy to set up the software . It has multiple features that allow it to be used for more than just regular donations. The ability to set up forms for events is a great asset . They have online training and whenever there are updates they walk you through the new features.

Cons

Not the software per se but when someone accidentally gives a wrong amount by ACH it takes up to 10 days to be able to refund the money back to the bank account. It is not Kindrid's fault, but is it frustrating, A donation by credit card can be refunded immediately..