• Pros

• "Excellent product that is easy to use, flexible and has GREAT customer service. Highly recommend!"

• "This software is extremely easy to use. It was also easy to learn. Just playing around and running different reports has helped me to utilize this software with better efficiency."

• "Little Green Light is robust but incredibly easy to use. It is far more affordable than many comparable products on the market. I highly recommend them"

• Cons

• "The only con I experienced is that they don't have in-person customer service. But do have a very detailed help center that is easy to navigate. "

• "It would be great if there was a mobile app for those times when I'm on the go and need data. Other than that, no complaints."

• "It's very feature-rich, but it does take awhile to navigate and learn the processes. Would love a way to produce more custom reports using the photo-image field."

Browse Little Green Light Reviews

Jeri from The National Science Institute

Great Solution for Small Non Profits

It's made keep track of and mailing donation receipts a million times easier and has proven to be a good alternative.

Pros

Very Nice Interface and a simple system for entering and searching donor records. Designed with non profits in mind.

Cons

Multi-item donations are annoying to input due to a single line field for donated goods.

Reasons for Switching to Little Green Light

We needed a simpler system that was tailored for the non-profit sector.

Sarah from SPCA Albrecht Center for Animal Welfare

Our Perfect Solution

Coming from Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge ridiculously expensive and overly complicated system, every single thing about LGL is a breath of fresh air and a joy to use. From working with our consultant on data migration to every day use, it's intuitive and simple to use. I'm still learning new and impressive functionality and am pleasantly surprised every time. Updates that are rolled out actually fix issues or improve functionality ( they listen to their users!). Customer service is email only, but usually quick and very helpful. The Facebook community is a nice addition as well - sometimes I can get answers there without needing to contact support. I only wish we had made the switch sooner - would have saved our organization tens of thousands of dollars and myself so much frustration.

Pros

1. The price absolutely cannot be beat, especially compared to Blackbaud. 2. It's just so simple to use. Intuitive, quick, and easy, yet still packed full of useful features.

Cons

Initially, what I liked least was that there was no live phone or chat support; email only. But, the longer I use LGL and see how little I need support, the more I don't mind it at all. Plus email support usually replies quickly and has the solution I need.

Reasons for Choosing Little Green Light

Price and simplicity. Other products had functionality wrapped in that we would never use, and it was reflected in the price.

Reasons for Switching to Little Green Light

Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge is probably amazingly fantastic software, IF you have an entire team devoted to managing it. In our organization, it was just me, and it was far too much to handle, especially with plenty of other duties, and what we got out of it was far less than the price could justify. LGL is everything we need, and more, for several thousands of dollar less per year, and much less frustration (none, actually).

Laurie from XBOT Robotics (non-profit)

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Little Green Light has been great

I and the board appreciate the various reports that can be easily generated. Because of the pandemic, we haven't been using it as much as we expected, but I still appreciate LGL: it's ease of use, clear Knowledge Base articles with easy to understand examples, and the additional support of being able to email someone. The flexibility is also great, so we truly feel we can make it as we want it rather than having to fit what we want to what the software can do.

Pros

I evaluated multiple products and highly recommended Little Green Light to my organization. It had the functionality we needed and, even though I was new to donor management software, I found it intuitive to use. Almost everything I've been able to figure out how to do on my own. A few times, I've had to use the Knowledge Base, which I've found to be very helpful. The very few times I couldn't find my answer there, I sent email and the response has always been phenomenal. I've received responses very quickly, even outside of their posted hours for responding. The help has been clear, concise, and friendly, including sometimes setting up a search for me on my account. Once, the response led me to wonder about a better way to accomplish my task but I had further questions. Again, the response was very quick and useful. I've attended multiple webinars and they, like the personalized help, were very informative, clear, and informative. I'm looking forward to what I'll learn in my upcoming webinars. The Flex Importer is very useful to us because we already receive much of our donation information as spreadsheets. We also appreciate having donations as well as volunteer information all in one place. I certainly haven't stressed LGL, but it is providing us the functionality we need with an easy-to-use interface and multiple systems of support so I'm never waiting days to learn how to do what I want.

Cons

I initially had trouble with creating a mailing because I misunderstood that a screen was a sample screen and should not be changing even though I made changes. When I used the mailer to send a test message to board members, the feedback I received was that the email address made the message appear to be spam so they didn't read it. That was over a year ago, so the system may have changed. We're a small organization and haven't needed to send emails during the pandemic.

Emily from Freedom 4/24

Quickly Outgrew LGL

Our organization moved from Excel to Little Green Light and we used LGL for several years. However, we quickly outgrew it. It was ok in the beginning when we weren't generating a lot of income and didn't need to run many reports. However, the more we grew, the more LGL did not work for us and we ended up switching to something else.

Pros

Inexpensive, good for small organizations who are just starting out

Cons

Reporting was not intuitive or easy to use. Lacks fundraising and email marketing capabilities that come with other competitors.

Aleena from 4:13 Strong

Ease

Of all the software I use daily for my work, LGL is the one that consistently makes my job easier.

Pros

This product is incredibly easy to use. If and when I do come across issues or questions with the software, even my specific use (or misuse) of it, the LGL Help resources can usually direct me to a solution. If I can't find help there, the LGL support team always has a solution for me in a timely manner.

Cons

I thought that it was difficult to begin using the software, importing constituent data, etc. but that was simply because I hadn't ever used CRM before and was completely new to the system.

Reasons for Choosing Little Green Light

Salesforce was not as user friendly or as cost friendly.

Reasons for Switching to Little Green Light

Cost, new hire, consultant suggestion.

Carlene from Independence Association

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Low Cost Effective Donor Management Solution

I'm able to clean up a database that had become a hideous mess in GiftWorks Cloud. I'm able to identify and easily clear duplicate donors and duplicate gifts. (I've removed about 300 duplicate constituents so far … roughly 8% of my total database … about 100 more to go)

Pros

It's super easy to learn and use. Everything you need is built in -- the dashboard that keeps you focused on what you have (or haven't) recently raised against your goals, the basic reports (which can be customized). Donor record entry includes US mailing address verification -- yay! LGL is also clear about what it does and doesn't do. So it doesn't claim to link directly with a peer-to-peer product -- and it's also not messing up my database by uploading a duplicate entry for every single person who registers in the peer-to-peer product (which has a different default name protocol).

Cons

So far, I don't have any complaints. I'm already using features I didn't expect to (emailing directly through the system, which allows the Contact to be automatically logged in the Constituent record). I suppose LGL could be prettier. But given the choice between pretty and functional, I'll take a product that works any day.

Reasons for Switching to Little Green Light

I was on GiftWorks Cloud for 2 years and things that didn't work 2 years ago still don't -- basic things like the state code and postal code keep disappearing randomly from constituent records. FrontStream regularly assured me that the issues I identified were "known bugs" on a list for fix, but with no defined date for resolution. In a six month period, I addressed FrontStream 24 different times about issues, almost none of which could be resolved. FrontStream had also integrated GiftWorks with the peer-to-peer FirstGiving product -- and it messed up my database by creating a duplicate entry for every single person who registered in FirstGiving, which has a different default name protocol than GiftWorks. Enough was enough.

Rori from For Our City - Chandler

Best Software for Nonprofits

For the price, this is absolutely the best marketing decision our team has made. It does eveything we need it to do and is tailored for the nonprofit sector.

Pros

This product integrates directly with our email marketing software - Constant Contact. We were able to create a form on Little Green Light that links directly back to our contact database and put it directly on our website. Each person that signs up for our email newsletter is put directly into our contact database and into our constant contact list. It has made our work more streamlined which for a nonprofit with very little staff and resources, has made a huge difference in our workflow. Another amazing feature is the Little Green Light Knowledge Base. Any question you could possibly have about the features of this software are covered in their knowledge base. It's easy to search and find the information you need. Everytime I look for something, I've easily found it.

Cons

The user interface could definitely use some work. It looks a little outdated and can take some exploring to discover all of the features. Also the original transfer of contacts was pretty time consuming, but that's to be expected with any big switch between CRM softwares.

Reasons for Choosing Little Green Light

Pricing was much more reasonable for a small nonprofit and it had more specific features related to fundraising and donors rather than sales and leads.

AJ from Assistance League of Indianapolis

Little Green Light

So far it has been a great.

Pros

Just launched this for our organization. Straight-forward migration/transfer of data from former application. Easy integration with website, donation processor. It will streamline our donor acknowledgement process. Great price for what your get. Fabulous customer service.

Reasons for Choosing Little Green Light

Primarily cost. But we also didn't need all of the features that these other products offered.

Reasons for Switching to Little Green Light

Custom app developed in-house. Although it offered many features that are not available in "out-of-the-box" products, It did not have many of the integration features (website, payment processor, email marketing) that we now require to simplify our workflow.

Brian from Columbia/Barnard Hillel

Great affordable database

We've used them for years, both for tracking our engagement with students, but also as a donor focused database. It serves both needs very well.

Pros

Cons

It took a little while to get all set up, but we expected that from any product

Reasons for Switching to Little Green Light

We wanted to move to a cloud based product and this was more customizable and affordable.

Zahra from Prescott Circus Theatre

Non-profit donor and volunteer database

Pros

LGL is very user friendly, one of the easiest tools I've ever used. It practically has all the features you need to manage your donor database and manage your volunteers. It's also easy to work as a team, assign tasks to team members, add notes and create contact reports. It's also very easy to generate queries (searches) and create reports based on your constituents or donation reports.

Cons

Sometimes creating complicated searches and reports are not possible. For example, it's not so easy to create a report based on relationships.

Reasons for Choosing Little Green Light

LGL is much cheaper than any other donor database and also much more user friendly with the built-in reports.

Jocelyn from Hanaeleh

LLGL - Love Little Green Light!

The knowledge base for LGL is one of the best I've ever used. It's comprehensive and the search function is well-designed. Anything I can't find in the knowledge base I reach out and your absolutely excellent customer service has been responsive and quick. They really know their product and features and you can tell, because you always get the answer you needed.

Pros

The search function for constituents is excellent. The PayPal integration, the reporting, the knowledge base - all of this is very helpful. I also appreciate your newsletters - I am still learning non-profit donor management and I always find something of interest.

Cons

I'd like integration with Stripe for payment platforms. I also think I'd like an easier way to take notes or keep notes about donors. Right now there is just a large blank text box for "Background Info"... if I want to note phone calls or conversations, or updates about this person it all goes into one box. Might be nice to have a feature that's like a chat update or a post that keeps track of these for you.

Reasons for Choosing Little Green Light

Little Green Light was a much more affordable option for a smaller non-profit to begin using donor management software. We do not have employees - our non-profit is 100% volunteer run and we rely on donors, so cost was incredibly important for us. I think the amount of donors limit fit our org perfectly too. And, if I recall correctly, I also think LGL had some feature that other software companies did not offer or wouldn't allow with the lower cost options and I can't quite remember what it was (I think it was cloud services, some others only let you store data on-premise.)

Wesley from Arts Council of Fort Worth

Best affordable donor management software (and better than many more expensive options)

LGL has made my work much easier (they all promise that you'll spend less time in administration and more time raising money, and in this case that is the truth). LGL has also helped involve more of our staff and volunteers in the fundraising process.

Pros

This software is the perfect price for a small or mid-sized nonprofit both in terms of the subscription fee and the transaction fees on their donation form system, LGL Forms. They offer unlimited users, which can be given access appropriate to their role (for example, a volunteer manager can use LGL and only see constituents who are volunteers). While the program may lack some of the automation more robust (and expensive) platforms offer, a little work on the front-end pays pretty big dividends in speeding up reporting, sending acknowledgements, list building - pretty much any standard development activity. The team at LGL are also extremely responsive to email and they seem to work around the clock on improving the software to fix bugs, add software integrations (such as Zapier and Constant Contact) and expand functionality.

Cons

There are some things that LGL doesn't do yet, or doesn't do as well as I would like. Depending on the payment processor you use (LGL forms only pairs with Stripe, PayPal, and ProPay) it lacks options for accepting ACH payments. There are some limitations in membership and volunteer management, and I would bypass LGL completely with a different software solution if those were major parts of our development operations.

Reasons for Choosing Little Green Light

More flexible software (one software I looked at couldn't produce a salutation for same-sex couples, another didn't allow you to create unique donor fields for organization-specific information like favorite genre/discipline of art), better price.

Reasons for Switching to Little Green Light

We were being forced to move from a local-database to a cloud-based program, so I researched alternatives and found LGL, which offered so much

LGL for Membership Tracking

I can't say enough good things about LGL support. All the questions and problems I have had have been dealt with via their knowledge base, online training documentation and videos and their periodic online group training sessions. Anything that needed a support person to get involved was handled above and beyond my expectations. Any support request I submitted was responded to within an hour or so and if it had to be escalated for next level assistance it would never be more than a day for a response and resolution. The excellent support is not something I'm used to finding when dealing with vendors online these days, so kudos to LGL.

Pros

Although LGL is promoted primarily as a donor database, it has built in features to manage memberships. We have been using it some 4+ years to manage the members for a very large Garden Club (300+ Active members and another 200+ guests/donors). As the main person that evaluated and converted their membership tracking, which was done on spreadsheets, to LGL, I found it to be perfect for what we needed. It brought organization, online automation and member communication capabilities for the members and donors that could never have been accomplished through their manual spreadsheet process. LGL provides easy migration/import capabilities so the conversion was very smooth. Advanced features like LGL Forms for creating online data input forms, personalized mailing/emailing and integrations with numerous 3rd party services like Paypal, have been easy to use and indispensable for administering the membership. The membership loves it because they now can do payments and profile changes efficiently online. The Club Board loves it because it has automated almost all of their manual processes and eliminated the data entry errors that were causing so many problems previous to LGL. What is so great is all theses benefits are so affordable. Any other online database alone would be prohibitively expensive for the Club, never mind all the additional functionality and support that LGL provides.

Cons

I can't say there is much of anything that is missing in LGL functionality for what we have requirements for. Over the years the few things we needed were eventually added throughout LGL's ongoing enhancements. Although LGL has some level of user access controls (Admin, Fundraiser, Volunteer, Gift Entry) I would like to see them add Read Only access.

Reasons for Choosing Little Green Light

Mostly for the affordability, after testing the functionality benefits drove the interest.

Reasons for Switching to Little Green Light

Using a spreadsheet was inefficient and error prone for the number of constituents the Club was managing. Moving to LGL brought the Garden Club into the 21st century. They are highly regarded as having implemented technology to become one of the most efficient and organized Garden Clubs in the National Garden Club organization.

Erin from Matignon High School

Industry: Fund-Raising

Perfect for small to mid size shops

My overall experience has been pretty seamless. Everyone is helpful and friendly when you contact them and it is very reasonable priced!

Pros

I implemented LGL at my previous school and inherited it at my current one after having recommended it to my predecessor. We have about 10,000 living alumni and it's the perfect software for small to mid size shops. The reporting isn't always as sophisticated as some others I've used in higher ed shops but it get the job done. And it has more features than one realizes so like any software you need to make sure you're utilizing them all as best you can. I used a recommended consultant when setting the system up and she was VERY helpful and talking through the implementation specific to my organization. I highly recommend investing in that service to get you off on the right foot.

Cons

Reporting isn't my strong suit, so I'm not sure if it's me or LGL but either way I think that area has the room for continued improvement, which is the nature of reporting anyways. And it still gets the job done right now. It's not bad at all!

Reasons for Choosing Little Green Light

Cost and it had everything that fit our needs. We don't need a big crazy system like Blackbaud - or a smaller product of theirs that they slap their label on and ignore.

Reasons for Switching to Little Green Light

Wanted something web based and more user friendly.

Rachel from Congregation Ruach Israel

A great CRM platform for nonprofits

We used to have our constituents' contact info, contact report info, and giving data scattered across a motley collection of manually- and inconsistently-updated platforms, and none of it was integrated with Constant Contact or our email. It was extremely difficult to search for constituents or financial gifts or tag them in any useful way. All truly meaningful information was stored in our team members' heads, where it could be lost track of, and this was having a negative impact on our fundraising. LGL has enabled us to pull our many disparate forms of data into a single platform, unify them within each constituent's record, start sending out automated acknowledgements for donations, stay in close communication with each other about each constituent, and overall just improve our ability to provide a high-quality experience for our constituents when we reach out to them.

Pros

Its customizability; its absolutely top-notch and responsive customer support; its rich metadata and extensive set of features; its powerful import engine; its flexible report functionality; its integration with automated acknowledgement emails, Constant Contact, and webforms / online payment processing; its great support for task management and communication between team members; and the fact that we can download a comprehensive export of all its data at any time, which makes keeping backups easy.

Cons

Navigating through all of its complexity can sometimes be confusing and intimidating at first, until you learn its workflows; search is fragmented—you can't just search and get all records that might match: you have to search in one place to find constituents and search in a second place to find financial data and search in a third place to find activity data; the inability to hide UI elements for features we're not making use of; not quite as much roles & permissions flexibility as we'd like.

Reasons for Choosing Little Green Light

More customizability and robustness (compared to SupportGoal); easier access to a free month-long trial and an upfront pricing model (compared to Funraise); more organized and overall richer metadata, full integration with financial data instead of separate silos (compared to Planning Center's People and Giving services). And for all the above alternative products, LGL has better integration with rich, highly-customizable webforms that we could put on our website, better integration with full-featured and robust payment processors with a responsive customer service (ProPay), and better integration with Constant Contact (which we were aleady using; we don't want to switch to MailChimp, etc.)

Reasons for Switching to Little Green Light

I can't select more products in this review form, but we were also using Apple iCloud Contacts, QuickBooks (which we're still using, but in a general accounting backup role for managing donations, not as our primary source of information), Constant Contact (still using, but now slaved to LGL, instead of entirely disconnected and thus potentially out-of-sync), and Gmail (still using, but not as a primary, manual way of acknowledging donations).

Teresa from Freedom House Detroit

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Satisifed Customer

We are now able to effectively track: -Donor history -Donor relationships -Send auto-acknowledgments The entire dev team can now work from the same set of data--increasing our transparency with each and improve succession of responsibilities.

Pros

Has all needed functionality--especially relationship creation--for an absolutely affordable price.

Cons

Layout, aesthetics. In particular, the categories section of the constituent profile record is difficult on the eyes.

Reasons for Choosing Little Green Light

Experience told me that despite all the bells and whistles of these other products, it would be years before this agency would do much more than use the basic functionality. In addition, the company didn't have a dime to squander. LGL's low monthly rate is unbeatable, but, as we've come to discover, so is its product.

Reasons for Switching to Little Green Light

The company had reached a point where, if it was going to grow and increase stability, it needed a true CRM. The Fundraiser Basic we utilized previously was an old version, and the company had only ever used it to track financial gifts and some in-kind. It was used to house data, but no strategies could be developed from that data.

Helen from Fauquier Free Clinic

LGL has taken us to a new level of operational maturity.

We took twenty years worth of excel spreadsheets with the names of donors, prospects, event invitees and attendees and consolidated them all into LGL. At long last we have a robust and dynamic system that has helped us learn more about our donorbase and their giving trends. This has been invaluable for our current fundraising efforts and future projections. Not to mention the time we have saved managing our donors and development efforts.

Pros

For a small non-profit, affordability and ease of use are critical requirements and LGL offers both + more features than we could have ever hoped for. I knew from the first moment, after using the Flex Importer to upload a list of donors from a cumbersome old Excell SS, that LGL would forever change the way we organize, track and communicate with our donor base. The ability to easily enter constituents then segment and organize them with mailing lists, categories & tags has helped us achieve a maximum return on our appeals and events. LGL's integration with MailChimp has helped us quickly and inexpensively reach out and stay in touch with our donors. Our Letter and Email templates ensure that we send the right message to the right people at the right time. The Dashboard is a delight, both aesthetically and functionally - easy on the eye with quick access to everything I want to see and do. I am pleased with the reports and the ability to edit or build new ones as needed for specific purposes and audiences. My last top "pro" is LGL's Customer Service - best on the Web! Admittedly there are some features of LGL that I have yet to explore but as all non profits know , there is never enough time. That is why LGL is so perfect. Whatever type of non profit you are, be it large or small, however you might be staffed, be it by a low tech volunteer or a FT development director, LGL offers features and functionality at all levels that will help you grow and thrive

Cons

LGL offers so much more than any comparable program that I am just grateful to have you around! Cannot think of anything that I dislike about a company that is offering such a fantastic service to the non profit community.

August 2016

Sarah from Children's Healing Art Project (CHAP)

August 2016

GREAT donor database with top-shelf features for small budgets

I've been a fundraiser for 25+ years, primarily with very large organizations (raising $100 million+ annually), and had an opportunity to use a range of nonprofit databases, including home-grown systems and some of the best-known products from large companies. I've been through database conversions on large scales (50+ users, 25,000+ records), and advocated for and managed budgets as a member of the management team. I chose Little Green Light (LGL) after researching options for a small nonprofit where I'm the executive director. (5000 records, 3-5 database users, $350k annual budget)

Pros

As a fundraiser, it's intuitive and has all the features I appreciate and need to support my moves management work. As the database administrator, chief data entry staffer, list- and report-creator and website integration specialist, it's intuitive with great customer service and on-line resources to allow me to meet our organization's needs. Given the opportunity, I would have selected LGL for my previous organizations. It's got all of the meaningful and useful features to support fundraising and data management needs without requiring us to pay for bells and whistles that sound great to upper management (and those who aren't on the front-lines for fundraising) but keep the majority of users from being able to take full advantage of the system.

Cons

There are a lot of great integrations, but since we don't use the bulk emailing products supported by LGL, we've had to try to create our own. We LOVE the ability to create web forms that integrate with LGL and the ease of adding them to our website, although sometimes figuring out exactly how to map the data is beyond us without a fair amount of trial and error. On the other hand, these are tasks I never would have attempted with other systems and that we're able to do without paying thousands of dollars to consultants - which is vital with our very limited budget. We've got access to big-budget possibilities and investing the time and energy generally makes them possible for us. That said, without experience working with bigger systems in the past, I'm not sure I would understand the opportunities or be able to figure out how to tap into them.

Paul from Campus Election Engagement Project

A wonderful reasonably priced fundraising software product

We track our donors in it, including all contacts and correspondence.

Pros

We're a modest organization and some of the fundraising software is incredibly expensive, up to 5-10 times LGL's modest $400 yearly cost. LGL is extremely reasonable, but also very powerful. It lets us record all the key data about our donors and prospects. It lets multiple staffers enter and access the data, all for one reasonable price. I love how you can do a BCC to their dropbox address on a letter to a donor and it gets automatically added to the person's record. There's a slight learning curve to segmenting donor lists and spitting them out in reports, but it can really do pretty much anything you need. So we're very happy with it and will continue to use it.

Cons

I would like to be able to delete some of the standard fields that are designed for schools, which is where the product got its start. And it would be nice to be able to call for help, but their staff is very quick and responsive when you email them. Maybe they could offer a premium option for some phone help. But honestly, it's just a really good product, especially if you look at their extensive online help section of how to explanations and videos.

Reasons for Choosing Little Green Light

It was way cheaper. We weren't sure if it would give us the capabilities we needed, but it did. We really are happy with it.

Madeline from Preserve Montana

CMS Lifesaver

After taking over a messy, out-dated membership database from my predecessor, I decided to merge all existing information into LGL. And I never looked back! LGL has allowed us to collect far more information and data than we were able to do before. It has simplified our mailing process to the point where we were able to increase the number of mailings sent out each year (in a state where people LOVE mailed communications). Our ability to prioritize special donors through the "Groups" function has made all of our communications more impactful, and "LGL Forms" has turned donating online into a quick & easy experience. For a small organization like ourselves, LGL has been a lifesaver. We couldn't be happier with the system, and while we haven't quite figured out how to use all of the functions to maximize efficacy, we are looking forward to growing and developing with LGL.

Pros

We have found the many ways to organize and label constituents very helpful. Our organization has also moved to use LGL Forms for all of our online donation, newsletter, and volunteer information because of the multitude of ways that we can customize the forms to our specific needs. If nothing else, the availability of such a clear CRM is wonderful. The former Outreach Director's system was created in a database development system that was far beyond our in house capabilities to manage.

Cons

I sometimes wish that I had the ability to create certain categories or alter the organizational system to more closely meet our needs as a small staff covering communities across the entire state of Montana. However, I trust that any emails I send requesting certain changes will be taken into serious consideration by the LGL customer service team.

Reasons for Switching to Little Green Light

Our former database was created in the early 2000's before providers like LGL were available. The system was created by a person with very little programming knowledge and as a result was clunky, counterintuitive, and unable to store & collect adequate data.

Bonnie from Save a Forgotten Equine

Little Green Light has transformed my ability to steward my donors and track donations.

It's given me hours of my life back due to all the work it does automatically. It makes me look like a superstar in my job. It gives me the ability to look back on years of data and see trends and improvements. It gives me peace of mind knowing that my data is stored safely on the cloud. It gives me something to say when sales people for Salesforce come calling...and it has healed the psychic damage that was done to me by trying to make Salesforce work for us. It satisfies my love of data and databases and perfection.

Pros

I love the way it integrates online donations into my donor records -- so easy and so professional. I especially appreciate their customer support -- if I have a question, I just send an email and I get a quick reply within hours. The software is very user friendly and adaptable to my way of doing business. Clearly it was created with a great understanding of nonprofits!

Cons

While I love having the ability to track and create acknowledgements, there are some features in this area that don't fit my process. I write cards by hand, and sometimes I only get a couple done at a time. I wish I could mark them done individually rather than by batch. I also would like to have the choice of Volunteer Hours under Related Gifts--several companies, like Microsoft, donate to us for volunteer hours put in by their full time employees. And I wish that when a recurring donation fails that the donor would automatically get an emailed notification from LGL Forms.

Daniel from WEST TISBURY LIBRARY FOUNDATION INC

Little Green Light brought our growing, volunteer-run nonprofit into the 21st century.

Being cloud-based, Little Green Light allows several board members to access, add, and alter donor information. This turns our database into a collaborative crowd-sourced information bank we can all use wherever we may be even on our mobile phones. The sort and search features in the reporting system are as powerful as any I've seen in far more expensive software. We moved to Little Green Light from a Filemaker Pro database maintained by a single board member. She is still our key administrator, but now she feels appreciated and supported instead of isolated. The improvement in morale alone is worth the price of admission!

Pros

Powerful and versatile, Little Green Light has all the features I was accustomed to from software at other nonprofits I've worked at including eTapestry and Bloomerang but at a fraction of the cost. The interface is highly intuitive, and LGL has shown a real commitment to continual improvement over time. I truly enjoyed the data migration process from our old system to LGL in part because we worked one-on-one with a Little Green Light consultant (Carrie Grote) who treated us as if we were her only client. If you're a startup nonprofit wondering whether or not to take the leap into state-of-the-art donor management, I strongly recommend Little Green Light. It may easily be the only software you'll ever need to track and nourish donor relationships.

Cons

There are some minor tweaks that might improve Little Green Light. For example, when a donor wishes for a gift to be anonymous, there's a checkbox you need to hunt for. But honestly, the folks at LGL are way ahead of me when it comes to finding and fixing flaws. I bet the next LGL upgrade will be light years better than anything I can even imagine.

Dave from American Friends of Asian Rural Institute

Little Green Light Shines Brightly for Constituent Relationship Management

LGL facilitates the business-critical task of entering, tracking, and acknowledging gifts. It aids in segmenting donor groups and making 'touches' throughout the year as appropriate to each group. Customer support is outstanding, with quick response and helpful suggestions to achieve desired function or process.

Pros

Web-based product eliminates software maintenance issues. Great functionality, including integration with e-mail and physical letter production. Facilitates team management of data for multi-location or traveling workers. Most functions very intuitive. Customer-focused support staff very quick to respond to inquiries. Powerful query & data selection, great control for construction of reports and letters. Attaching documents & comments to record is easy. Tribute function facilitates handling of one-time gifts in memory of deceased constituent.

Cons

We have 20+ letter templates in LGL that we print onto an MS Word letterhead template that changes at least annually due to Board composition. We haven't yet determined how to have all the LGL templates point to a single Word template. For each change, we have to re-associate the new Word template with each LGL template.

Reasons for Choosing Little Green Light

Apparent ease of use and fit to our size of staff and constituent base; price.

September 2016

Cathy from Pink Lemonade, Inc

September 2016

Best Donor Software Ever!

I have assisted 2 nonprofits in switching to LGL. It was a huge undertaking with the first one, over 40,000 constituents and 350,000 gifts to migrate over. They helped me find a qualified consultant, and we accomplished it in a very timely manner. The end result is Fabulous! I would HIGHLY recommend for anyone looking for a flexible, all-encompassing software!

Pros

The flexibility of LGL to accommodate and streamline multiple softwares, such as volunteer software, grant software, donor software, client software, calendars, tasks, etc. LGL has been so helpful in suggesting solutions, and allowing us to eliminate several costly, single-use software products. Their support and help sections are unheard of! I have NEVER dealt with a company that is so prompt in their responses and so helpful. They have webinars and many video trainings available to do on your own time. And their cost is one-fourth of what we paid previously for our old dinosaur program. Queries and programs are very easy to use. Very modern look, totally customizable for your organization. You will be amazed at everything it is capable of.

Cons

The only thing I wish it would do is have an appeal performance report, and I believe that is in the works now.

Russa from Drink Local. Drink Tap.

Industry: Philanthropy

Great Program with Amazing Support

Pros

Very intuitive, ease of use and great aid

Cons

I wish there was a better way to send emails and auto responses. Interface could use an update

Reasons for Choosing Little Green Light

Good reviews and nice customer service

Not very easy to use

John from Good Samaritan Haven

Nimble !

We have more time to more smartly cultivate potential donors (to gain insights from our data), and spend less time on data entry and maintenance.

Pros

Little Green Light is intuitive, easy to use and fast. Data entry, updates, searches, reports, etc., are all at your finger tips, accessible from a variety of ways depending on what you're doing (context sensitive). Bulk editing speeds along what used to be (pre Little Green Light) painfully slow and cumbersome; import/export functionality is easy and powerful; gives you control over your data. Little Green Light just makes getting "stuff' done fast; way quicker than a glitzier but slow-to-navigate product we previously used. Little Green Light is terrifically designed and executed; rock-solid stable; server/db response is lightning fast - usually immediate. Using Little Green Light is akin to driving a sports car. At its heart, Little Green Light is nimble. Customer support (via email) is excellent; quick, knowledgeable, helpful/friendly.

Cons

We don't have anything we don't like about Little Green Light.

Reasons for Choosing Little Green Light

1) It took too long to get simple things done in the product we previously used. 2) It didn't hurt that Little Green Light costs significantly less than what we were paying before, though that wasn't the prime motivator to seek an alternative.

Reasons for Switching to Little Green Light

Based on Capterra reviews - thank you! - we assembled a list of about a dozen potential products, winnowed them to a short list of three and then test drove them - as much as each product offering permitted. Little Green Light came out clearly on top. Did due diligence that Little Green Light has significant market share and longevity. Gave it a try and haven't looked back.

February 2012

David from Vermont Italian Cultural Association

February 2012

The Vermont Italian Club is primarily a membership organization whose purpose and mission is education of Italians and non-Italians in the Italian culture and heritage. We do this by encouraging participation and study of the Italian language, arts, and culture through lectures, presentations, films, study groups, formal classes, celebrations, and other educational events and activities. We are a small group with about 200 memberships and 475 entries in our database. When the group was smaller and before we invigorated the organization in 2009-2010 with new leadership, all membership information lived on spreadsheets. We knew that we needed a system that could grow with us and deliver the kind of information and reporting we needed. We evaluated other systems, but they were either far too expansive and/or too expensive for our meager budget. With no offices or paid staff, a fundamental requirement for our donor/member management system is that it be browser-based and accessible to our volunteers from their PCs in any location. In addition, the system had to be easy to use, reliable and include features that we would utilize as we grew, developed an online presence and added people to our database. Little Green Light seemed just right for us both in capabilities and price. Although it was fairly new at the time, we decided to adopt it because we believed LGL would grow as we did and it more than met our needs at the time. The conversion process from spreadsheets to LGL was far easier than anticipated when we adopted LGL in 2010. Staff was very accommodating and helped us through the transition smoothly. We were up and running within a few days. The ability to administer the various functions, categories, tags for member/constituent data is very flexible and easy to grasp. LGL has continually enhanced the system with new features. We have never looked back and remain enthusiastic that we made the correct choice. LGL continues to evolve and they listen to their customers for new feature development. In recent months they have launched tight integrations with WuFoo (online forms), MailChimp (email management), and PayPal (payment processing). All are useful services that offer a small non-profit like VIC easy and affordable integration with robust third party offerings. Those we have implemented work smoothly to reduce data entry and the inevitable mistakes of manual processing. LGL service has been outstanding, better than I have encountered from any systems vendor, to small and intermediate sized users. Their online knowledge base and responsive voice and email support is well beyond my expectations.

Janet from The Immigrant Story

Industry: Writing and Editing

Little Green Light Software

I am pleased with it. LGL offers ways to automate processes. We're still learning how that works since we just started using it a month ago, but we will take advantage of it.

Pros

It's fairly easy to use. They have a knowledge base with training videos and written information along with live virtual classes. There's a Facebook users' group where one can ask questions. They also offer webinars where the max class size is four and the instructor addresses specific questions. They have been very responsive to my emails. The flex importer was great to have for importing all our donors. It took time to set up our spreadsheet, but it was worth it not to have to manually enter each donor.

Cons

Since I'm new to this type of system (constituent relationship management), there's a lot of new terminology to learn. It's not so much a 'con' as a steep learning curve for me. One piece of advise for the Flex Importer: be sure you understand the difference between a campaign and an appeal. I had to make corrections to our data since I misunderstood it. Fortunately, we're new and have few enough donors that I could make corrections.

Reasons for Choosing Little Green Light

I no longer recall the names of the products, but we considered three or four other products. We found from our research that LGL offered more flexibility. One thing we especially like is that we pay one price. We don't have to pay extra for features as is the case for other products we considered. And reviews we saw for LGL were quite favorable for its ease of use.

Maggie from Austin Pets Alive!

We find LGL easy to learn, intuitive and intelligently designed.

Inexpensive, easy to learn and use; great reporting function

Pros

We like best how easy LGL is to use and understand, along with how flexible it is. Our organization had been preparing to migrate our data and begin using LGL for many weeks prior, when Hurricane Harvey hit on August 25th and our organization mounted a huge response, along with a huge fundraising campaign, in the midst of the chaos of a natural disaster. We had expected to completely transfer over to LGL at the end of September. In the first 10 days after the hurricane landed, we had donations pouring in, and our previous donor management system was just not handling the work. It was actually getting in the way of fundraising. So in the middle of a chaotic natural disaster response, during our busiest fundraising days ever in our history, we decided to make the jump early, without having really trained our staff nor fully learned the system. The transfer was nearly seamless. The system was so easy and intuitive to learn and use that we changed over to it without a hitch, and it has been smooth sailing every since. We love everything about it -- the ease of recording data, the power and ease of reporting, the responsive help line -- everything. We would--and have--recommended this software to other nonprofits without reservation. We have only used LGL now for a little over 3 months, and have not yet fully explored its performance in tracking data for major gifts stewardship and corporate sponsorships longer term, but so far we couldn't ask for a better system.

Cons

The dashboard/home page is jam-packed and not visually appealing -- and yet it does give a nice snapshot of lots of data.

Perfect for Small Orgs

Great experience. We moved from tracking gifts on a Google Sheet, where you couldn't easily see a donor's big picture commitment to the organization.

Pros

I self-taught myself LGL, and to me that says a lot about the software. It's really easy to use, and the integration to Constant Contact is a big help to us. I also love the bulk edit option, because as I learned more about the software, I decided to change how I coded some gifts. The bulk edit option made it really easy to change those gifts.

Cons

I wish that there was a field for gift fees, versus inferring the fee from the difference between the gift amount and the deposited amount. I also would like a fee for deposit amount, because sometimes I make multiple deposits on the same day. But ultimately, these would be "nice to haves".

Reasons for Choosing Little Green Light

It looked much easier to use and was recommended more often (in several Facebook groups) than Network for Good.

Mike from Pasado's Safe Haven

Powerful tools in a package for non-profits of all size

Overall we are extremely happy with Little Green Light. The use of the Little Green Light forms helps us easily track where our donations are coming from, and the rest of the constituent management tools allow us to have a complete picture of our donors. I I would (and have) recommended this product to any non-profit that does not have a dedicated data team to manage their database.

Pros

I love this nearly everything about the software. It is easy use with an intuitive UI. The reports are easy to run and manipulate the export fields and being able to schedule reports to run is fantastic. I also find the ease of creating contact reports and tasks to be refreshing and helps to stay on top of donor relationship management.

Cons

We've run into a couple of relatively minor problems. Specifically, only being able to have a single gift batch open at a time, setting permissions for users is not as flexible/easy as I'd like, and (everyone I work with knows this is the one thing about the software that truly drives me crazy) is the inability to have a pledge paid off with a third party.

Annette from Marquis Enterprises

Excellent product, exceptional features, outstanding value

I have used a lot of database and donor management products and Little Green Light is the simplest to set up and use of any of them, especially for unsophisticated database users. It still requires a knowledgeable person to lead the implementation, import data, design complicated forms, set up syncing between forms and the database, and train other staff, but staff can easily grow comfortable with using LGL for all their daily data needs. LGL has a clean interface, is responsive, and flexible. Although there are a few things I'd like to work a little easier, especially setting up links between forms and the database, all-in-all, I highly recommend this product. Non-profit database systems don't come any easier, especially with all the features LGL offers.

Pros

It is sophisticated and, yet, easy to use. Support staff is responsive and helpful. It has all the features we want and is able to give us the data and information we need without writing SQL statements, like some other top-name products require. In fact, the dashboard gives us our membership numbers without even having to run a query. Excellent value. I love the comparatively low cost to other similar products. I love Little Green Light so much, I have implemented it in three organizations I'm associated with.

Cons

Linking forms to the Little Green Light database can be complicated. Occasionally, I'd like to talk with a support person to strategize a solution, rather that just communicating by email.

Buck from Fort Ritchie Community Center

LGL Review

This software has helped us create a resource development program that is trusted by our board members and staff.

Pros

The online data base is great as it allows me to log in from my home or anywhere and review our constituency.

Cons

Exporting thank you letters and incorporating email templates have been a challenge.

Reasons for Switching to Little Green Light

LGL appeared to be a better product for a small nonprofit.

Christine from Pope Memorial Humane Society

Industry: Fund-Raising

Intuitive and easy to use

Great customer service, and they are constantly evolving in response to customer need.

Pros

LGL is designed to think like you think. Instead of a system that makes the user think like a computer system, this one is designed to operate in an intuitive fashion. It is logical and even useful for right-brained people. Constituents are managed in groups which makes customization easy. Support is there when you need it (so important after a purchase) and the value for the cost is quite high. I’d recommend for any size organization.

Cons

Sometimes there are inconsistencies or anomalies which support can fix but can’t explain to me. This has happened occasionally and has made me nervous about the integrity of a report or which constituents are receiving a communication. I also wish it came with maps data, so cities and zip codes were preloaded. There is an optional address verification feature which we are considering.

Changed positions and companies

Taylor from TransParent

Industry: Individual & Family Services

The perfect solution!

Pros

Little Green Light has made such a great impact on my organization! Now we are able to easily see our contacts and donation history in one place, and the ability to use forms to process donations directly into our tracking in LGL has been a total revolution. With public access to the Knowledge Base not buried behind a paywall, I was able to quickly ensure that the software met our needs before even bringing it up to management, and it has made the setup and customization of the software much more simple and direct. With a discounted one year subscription, you shouldn't hesitate to see if LGL will also be the perfect fit for you too!

Cons

I have run into difficulty integating LGL with our current email manager, Mail Chimp. This is in part due to a multi-audience setup and limit on the number of available contacts in Mail Chimp - which is a problem with Mail Chimp and not entirely due to LGL.

Reasons for Choosing Little Green Light

We chose LGL due to its discounted first year subscription, overall more competitive pricing, and readily-available Knowledge Base to confirm that the software met all our needs.

Juniper from Taos Land Trust

Industry: Environmental Services

Definitely the best bang for your buck. Lots of functionality and great customer support.

Little Green Light really allows us to bring all our fundraising documentation and communication within one system, manage communications with donors, volunteers and other constituents, and share information with staff and other team members.

Pros

Little Green Light interface is straightforward and intuitive. It is a basic database, but really has everything you need for most small fundraising shops. The on-line forms and payment integration as well as integration with Constant Contact or MailChimp are a big plus. While it may not have the fancy dashboard with graphs, it really has all the basics you need for an incredible price. The big selling points for us were 1) the fact that LGL does not jump price significantly when you cross a 2000 or 5000 contact threshold, and 2) customer service and tech help is included in the very reasonable price. While they do not have phone support or big trainings, the on-line support has been great with a very quick response time.

Cons

I would like for there to be more pre-formatted standard fundraising impact reports available. I also have had some challenges integrating with MailChimp and Constant Contact. But granted, I am new to the software and have not fully versed myself in these features.

Kathryne from DOMMIH

Excellent CRM Software

Dashboard immediately alerts a user to any new information that requires action! We now easily integrate all donations by entering checks in the constituent file, marking it to sync to QuickBooks, and boom, it's done. Our website integrates immediately into LGL with new subscribers and donors. The integration with MailChimp lets us know how many bounce, unsub, bad address, etc. Thank You letters, and any form of communication can be automated with Word Docs, Lists can be saved and cloned for future use.

Pros

This program handles wonderful integrations with other mailing, banking, and payment software, It has an intuitive and easily adaptable user interface, and payment plans that are the best in the CRM market. The customer support is absolutely the best, and the online help is remarkable and thorough!

Cons

My only negative is that I didn't find it sooner!

Reasons for Choosing Little Green Light

It had all of the features of the higher end programs and was priced way below the other options. Best choice we could have made!

Reasons for Switching to Little Green Light

The product was lacking in integration features, and is now actually no longer monitored or updated. That means a slow decline in reliability, and I knew it was just a matter of time before it would no longer be available anyway.

Gayle from Leelanau Conservancy

Using Little Green Light

Overall I am very pleased with LGL. I've had issues with the program, but can eventually get it solved by the LGL problem-solving team. (It might take a year or more, but eventually the issues get resolved.) In the meantime, there is almost always a work-around for the problem I am experiencing.

Pros

LGL is user friendly. I use this software daily and I like the ease of entering gifts and keeping track of our constituents.

Cons

I wish there was such a thing as a "sticky note" that could be applied to the opening page of a constituent record. Often we have very important information that needs to be seen every time someone accesses a particular record. Right now, there is no way for this type of information to "jump" out at you. I would like to see some sort of a feature that immediately calls your attention to the record.

Reasons for Switching to Little Green Light

It was time. We needed a database that would talk with other programs that we currently use.

James from Physicians for Peace

Simple to generate bulk mailings and customize them with ease before printing. Easy to add/remove constituents as needed. Simple to update records for batch work such as holiday card mailings. Flexible note/task/contact report options to record encounters and follow up tasks. It is a dream to work with.

Pros

I've worked in nonprofit accounting and management for the past nine years after a long career in public accounting and industry. We used a very expensive legacy system, and I was constantly frustrated at the human resources required to perform the simplest duties like gift entry and reporting. LGL is simple to learn to use, intuitive and insightful. When I want to know something, it doesn't take any time at all to see a highlighted hyperlink that will help me drill down to the information I need. Exports and imports are a breeze. I can't say enough good things about LGL.

Cons

I haven't found anything so far that I would add or change. LGL was obviously designed by and/or took took extensive advice from experienced fundraisers and donor database professionals.

Reasons for Switching to Little Green Light

Network for Good is a gift entry system, not a donor management system. Raiser's Edge is far too bulky and far too expensive .

Adam from Global Friends Coalition

GREAT Fundraising CRM for Nonprofits on a Budget

Little Green Light is an astronomical upgrade over Excel, which we had been using as a donor database. Mailings are quick and simple now, tracking fundraising and donor contacts is a breeze, and keeping on top of the backend of our organization is just so much easier. Little Green Light punches way above its weight and should be on the list of potential CRMS for any nonprofit.

Pros

Little Green Light does what many other CRMS do but at a fraction of the price. Pricing is based on the number of "constituents" you have in the database, and starts at a very reasonable $39/month. For small-to-mid sized nonprofits, all the features you need are found here. Gift input, donor records and notes, contact reports, mailings (labels, letters, and envelopes), customizable reports, campaign tracking, event planning tools, free form integration. Little Green Light is a fantastic little service!

Cons

Reports and other navigation at time can be a bit tough to work through, but the help files are great and customer service is among the best I've dealt with.

Bill from One Hope Canada

Great cloud-based donor management system for small to medium non-profits

We needed a cloud-based solution that would facilitate the virtual team we were building, we also needed a solution that could import, as easily as possible, records from seven regional offices that we were combining. LGL delivered on all fronts.

Pros

Little Green Light (LGL) looks great, which makes it enjoyable to use. It is stable and fast. It is also flexible so that you can easily customize it to work for your own context. Their customer support is amazing; it is personal and responsive. I normally do not take the time to write a review, but LGL is worth it. It delivers much more than what you pay each month.

Cons

When we first started with LGL (about 7 years ago) they did not support Canadian tax receipts to the same degree they do now, but they did at the time help us with a work-around. They now do support our requirements so that is no longer an issue.

Haggit from Ronald C. Wornick Jewish Day School

The most flexible and easy to use software

Who could believe it - a database system that you actually LOVE. Thank you LGL team! really.

Pros

You just so much for your money! I love that I can adjust the system to our needs myself. I love that I can reach a page from so many places. It is very user friendly and easy to learn platform. I never looked back after transforming to LGL, reaching my database became easy and even fun! I love that I can record every conversation or letter that I send my donors. I am using the Forms, which transform all the information automatically.

Reasons for Switching to Little Green Light

NeonCRM was a painful experience. So much frustration and time waste for time figuring out the system even after a year of use! Today I have a new job in a different school with VeraCross, same thing - frustration and waste of time. I am planning to switch this summer (figures crossed).

Kara from CASA/Prince George's County

LGL has made my life so much easier!!!

I converted my organization's database from FundRaiser in July and have not once regretted my decision. We previously tried to convert to a different database and after 2 days of on-site training with that company, I couldn't even locate a sample record. On the other hand, not only did I (and I'm not a tech person) migrate our entire database myself and merge additional Excel documents in, after only a couple of hours of reading instructions and playing around, I already understood not only how to locate a record but how to enter, report, send an acknowledgement, etc. I occasionally run into things that I can't figure out on my own or by reading the LGL blog but when I reach out to customer service, they respond so quickly and always are able to resolve my issue. I really can't think of anything that can't be done through LGL. We're so happy with it that we're now looking at integrating our payment processing and e-newsletter system so that we have the best data on our constituents possible. I cannot say enough good things about this product. For a small organization like ours with no tech support, this has been a blessing since it is so easy to use and so reasonably priced.

Pros

Ease of use, built-in reports, customer service

Cons

It takes awhile to figure out which fields to use for what but I think that would be the case for any software and depends on a lot on how you approach development

Mary from CIELO

It just makes sense

LGL has helped immensely to organize our donors and over 150 volunteers. Acknowledgements and tracking have improved our donor retention.

Pros

Clean, intuitive, and great tech support for when it gets tricky.

Cons

Hard to make attractively designed emails, you can’t attach PDFs to emails, and form mapping isn’t automated.

Simpler interface

Heather from Portland Fruit Tree Project

Awesome for smaller organizations or large ones that are pretty simple

It's been great. Used it with two organizations now and it's fairly intuitive and well documented.

Pros

The price was the first great thing, but ease of use is another. You can easily teach yourself to be good at this platform vs more complicated ones.

Cons

I have no complaints with it. The box says it needs more characters...

Reasons for Choosing Little Green Light

Referral from an organization we trusted.

Reasons for Switching to Little Green Light

DonorPerfect was awful and Civi was too complex and only partially intended for donor mgmt.

DANIELA from Yavneh Day School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

LGL is the perfect fit for our organization

Pros

ease of use report running tiers of access

Cons

not necessarily a negative but we did choose to hire a consulate to help with the transition to LGL. She also provided training and answered questions. An additional expense we didn't budget initially.

expensive and usability

Toni from Aloha Medical Mission

Reliable & Afforable

Great customer service as any issue I had was resolved in a day or less (as we are based in Hawaii and there is a time difference).

Pros

I love the price! It's been a privilege to be in the nonprofit sector since 1992 and used many systems. The bottom of my list is Raiser's Edge (a tedious process) and Network For Good (super expensive).

Cons

Would like to have a chat feature available. Also, would like a more precise way of entering married couples for the salutation field. I believe we were told it was up to us how to address our constituents. Best practices on this would be helpful.

n/a

Reasons for Switching to Little Green Light

The old system "Giftworks" did not have any online or cloud capabilities. After a year Giftworks did an upgrade but we declined to check them out.

Leah from The Traveling School

Best donor software for the price!

We are a small nonprofit that didn't have a large donor base and didn't have a lot of money to spend on a database. We stumbled upon LGL and it was the best choice! It is very easy to use and modify to create fields specific to your needs. No setup fee, all cloud based, you can have as many users as you'd like and it starts at a monthly rate. It's awesome. We are a school, so we use it to track prospective students all the way through alumnae, families, donors, etc. It does it all for us. I highly recommend this to any small organization that wants to transition away from using excel docs to track clients & donors.

Pros

It's very user-friendly and is the best price you can get for donor software.

Cons

I don't really have any!

Sandra from Plugged In Band Program

Little Green Light is Great

Using Little Green Light has been a very positive experience. The company was very patient and helpful when we first set up our account - and has been consistently helpful in the years we have been using it.

Pros

I like that we can manage and track donors, as well as students and parents. I also like that it comes with a forms program - and that we can create forms that map to our constituents. The tech support responses are extremely fast and helpful.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about Little Green Light.

Reasons for Choosing Little Green Light

The reasons we chose Little Green Light were that it works well for donors and students/parents - and we liked that you pay based on the number of constituents - not based on the number of users.

Jeanie from self-employed

Little Green Light is a Great Deal for Non-Profit Donor Management

This is the first donor management system the non-profit I advise has had in a while. And it has been a joy. It helps me organize their records efficiently, lets me keep track of how I am doing meeting appeal goals. Name it. Very impressed at its easy-to-learn help and it is so much better value than a lot of comparable software on the market.

Pros

I like how user friendly it is. It offers great tutorials if there is anything I haven't figured out yet. The more I use it the more I realize how robust it is. It has made life a lot easier! It also has capabilities to realize customize---and even has a events component. You can send thank you letters easily. Just as good as the better known systems, in my opinion.

Cons

It is a little time-consuming to import excel spreadsheet info on donor records. But once you change headings to align with LGL fields, you can really save a lot of time.

Reasons for Choosing Little Green Light

Better value for the money.