• Pros

• "I like that it is easy to look constituents up by different attributes. I also like that I can rapid post a gift that is received from the constituents."

• "It's intuitive and easy to use. The value and customer service are good."

• "The organization and the capabilities that this software offers. The reports are very helpful in keeping our Foundation organized."

• Cons

• "Queries can be difficult in the beginning. I have found the more I use them they become easier to create. "

• "MatchMaker does not have an open API for integration."

• "We have been a bit frustrated with the "event function" - does not meet a few of our specialized needs. "

Browse MatchMaker FundRaising Software Reviews

Lindsey from Ellinwood Hospital Foundation

MMFRS is a robust system that covers all the bases.

MMFRS is amazing. The product is great, the customer service is the BEST I've ever seen, regardless of industry. MatchMaker makes it easy for me to do more meaningful fundraising work, rather than being stuck in the office doing paperwork. It makes a lot of the "back office" tasks take a quarter of the time they once did, freeing me up for other things. I couldn't give them a more glowing recommendation - they have consistently worked with me on any issue, even helping develop organization-specific data entry - making it work even more efficiently and effectively for my organization.

Pros

1. The system is easy to navigate: you can easily find your way through the system. 2. It's so easy to enter meaningful data. The fields are usable, and you can add infinite custom fields to make it work specifically for your organization or scope. 3. The customer service is the best around. I can't think a single vendor or company that compares in terms of customer service. They are amazing - you get a real person on the phone 98 times out of 100; when you don't, you leave a message, and they call back within an hour. I can't say enough about the team they have! 4. It's everything in one place: donor management, pledge management, gift tracking, grant tracking, volunteers, events, mailings and donor contact, and so much more. you get the whole program, without having to "add on" functionality to make it work. 5. It is a miracle worker for small non-profits - it does so much, and is very affordable. It's like having another person in the office, without the cost of one.

Cons

1. I always forget the steps to set up a tribute. Literally - that's my only complaint. User error. I get started on a gift, realize I haven't set up the admin side appropriately and have to back track. I wish there were a shortcut.

Lynn from The Arboretum at Flagstaff

Matchmaker makes my job so much easier!

It is fast, efficient, practical and makes my job so much easier.

Pros

Imagine running reports on just about any aspect of your income, projects, events, with just a few clicks of your mouse! And ready made reports geared specifically for your business! Oh, and the always available customer service and training options when you are venturing into more complex and uncharted territory! Oh and the amazingly easy task of sending everyone in your Matchmaker program and email! But wait, there is more! You can track income for specific projects, create a simple mailing by auto-filling the information into one template, printing all of the letters AND envelopes and boom! mail them! It even gives you a zip code analysis if you need it for non-profit bulk mail! Oh, I can't even BEGIN to tell you how many functions this software allows because we don't even utilize it to the fullest of its potential! This software has that can make your business practices so much faster!

November 2014

Pat from Brunner Literacy Center

2.5

November 2014

Easy to learn

Pros

It wasn't too hard to learn.

Cons

It takes a while to understand how to move around the system.

Mary from Mary Cummings Consulting LLC

MatchMaker FundRaising Software is a fundamental aspect of my small business.

Strategic donor management and a great product for the value.

Pros

MatchMaker Fundraising Software customer service is second to none in availability, response time and solutions generated. The variety and ease of searches, reporting and donor correspondence provide strategic donor management. Event management combines the multiple aspects of any event and delivers a seamless tracking from start to finish.

Cons

Initially, queries were difficult to grasp. Trial and error lead to some frustrating results; however, the training workshops specific to this aspect have been invaluable to my understanding and use of queries .

Tina from Jewish Free Loan

I have used Match Maker for 12 + years & it meets the needs of our nonprofit organization.

Pros

The customer service and attention to client needs is one of the best I have ever encountered. They are always available - immediately!! and provide the technical support we need without delay and if they need to get back to us - they do. Their staff is professional, competent and very knowledgeable. I cannot praise them enough. I like the availability of regular training as well as their written communication and newsletter.

Cons

Marcia from KSDS Assistance Dogs, Inc.

Matchmaker offers a non-profit a beneficial software program and efficient support staff.

Pros

The software is easy to learn. A non-profit can really benefit from the Matchmaker reports and information that can be generated. Long range future planning can be implemented by utilizing the information that is at your fingertips. At our organization we have multiple users, but I am the person who uses it most.

Cons

It will give me critical error messages that I don't understand, but I don't worry about it. I thought formulating a query in matchmaker was a little tricky. It took me awhile to learn this.

Hannah from National Museum of Nuclear Science & History

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Overall great customer experience, lacking

Pros

The customer service could not be better! The people at MatchMaker headquarters took the time to walk me through each question to make sure I was comfortable with the answer and could duplicate the process again when needed. my rep was a wealth of knowledge and really understands how to make MatchMaker work for so many different needs.

Cons

At times difficult to bring in information from online Qgiv connection ( have found work arounds) It is very basic in the way of presentation (although you do not need all the bells and design whistles that some of the other softwares have) The reports seem very useful, but I am still waiting on a list of when to use what report.

David from Desert Foothills Library

We have been using this software for for over 10 years and it meets our needs successfully.

Pros

Customer service is responsive and personal. We can call any time and any issues are resolved quickly. Once training is completed, the software is easy to use. The software is very good value for the amount we pay.

Cons

Not the most glamorous product available but this is reflected in the price. Some actions in the software require multiple cumbersome procedures but this does not detract from overall benefits. The software could be more intuitive.

Kim from LifeStream Complete Senior Living

Even though I was new to MatchMaker, the support staff had me up and running in no time!

LifeStream is beginning to expand their donor communication strategy and MatchMaker makes this process easier. Extracting the data in different reports lets us learn more about our donors and how we can best serve them in their efforts to support us.

Pros

MatchMaker has lots of great features. One of my favorite is the Rapid Transaction Entry feature. It allows me to enter similar gifts from a number of different donors very easily and quickly. It is a great time-saver.

Cons

It's hard to find the "cons" with the software as most of my limitations are due to a lack of knowledge and experience with the product. Once I learn how to do something, it becomes fairly easy to extract the data we need. That said, it would be nice to be able to edit an automated gift...

February 2012

Jodi from Newman Regional Health Foundation

February 2012

I have been a client of MatchMaker Fundraising Software for nearly 10 years. One of the reasons I was drawn to MatchMaker was Diana’s 30+ years of experience in fundraising; she has developed software that has components a fundraiser needs. Additionally, MatchMaker is a great value and an investment that I know will continue to work for me – the client. I have used both versions of MatchMaker – Standard and Enterprise. Both have suited my needs, but I love the features Enterprise offers that will make it possible to expand and grow our organization. Implementing MatchMaker was easy; it was just a matter of sending the data and within a short period of time, we were up and running. Online training makes it possible to keep current with the software updates and professional topics that help with fundraising in general. The professional, knowledgeable and personable staff is always available to assist with questions and is open to suggestions for new features within the system. For someone who is not very computer savvy, the software is very easy to use. It is set up logically, provides helpful reports, and timely updates. During the last several months, we have been running a $600,000 capital campaign. The Campaign feature of the software has made it possible to maintain up-to-the-minute progress and keep the momentum going. One of the outcomes of the campaign has been the number of new donors. We will be able to grow our organization over the next several years through the number of people we have touched through this campaign.

Jordan from Susan B. Allen Memorial Hospital Foundation

MatchMaker software is user friendly and their customer service is beyond excellent!

This software is what keeps the foundation moving as a well oiled machine. The organization and the reports available help us to maintain but to also stay in touch with our donors and expand our reach.

Pros

Cons

I wish we had the capability to store some of the documents and images within the constituents profiles for record keeping.

Sara from Altru Health Foundation

I like the software and its ease of use. I was able to learn the software fairly quick.

It's easy to track donors and keep them all in one easy to use program.

Pros

It is easy to run reports. My boss asks for certain reports to have specific information on them. I can usually find the right report to run in minimal time. It's user friendly. I was new to this program and found it very easy to use.

Cons

Lagging, where it won't load and then just closes out completely. Wish I could unpost a batch myself instead of having to call in. I wish there were more options in the reports area that way I wouldn't have to create so many queries.

Sasa from Girl Scouts of Silver Sage

MatchMaker FundRaising Software is a multi-functional, easy to use fundraising software.

Donor and event management.

Pros

The very fast, helpful and friendly service from the developers of MatchMaker. It is a true product of fundraising experience and innovation built to enhance user experience. Functionality of reporting changes based on user feedback and is integrated in the updated versions of software.

Cons

When entering information, you have to pay close attention to details in order to produce specific queries and mailings. Reports sometime require extra steps to detail results you are looking for.

Kayte from Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine/ SCNM Sage Foundation

Easy to use and amazing customer service!

Pros

I love that this software was designed by a fundraiser. This makes it easy to use and easy to understand! MatchMaker has the best customer service and I love that I can speak with a person anytime I have a question.

Cons

Danielle from Copiah-Lincoln Community College Foundation, Inc.

I have used the Matchmaker Software for the past 6 years. It is easy to to use and navigate.

Pros

Cons

What I least like about the software is that I can't search for the middle names or birth names (as in maiden names).

Sara from CommQuest Services, Inc.

Timely and customer oriented with great results!

Better organized data and contact information with ability to more strategically meet fundraising goals!

Pros

The availability of client services and step by step directions to achieve fundraising goals. Ease of access to other integrated software like Microsoft Word, Excel and Constant Contact.

Cons

Can be difficult to understand how to work each function to the maximum usage for best results and more organized data collection.

Laura from Yolo Hospice Inc.

I have been entering data, writing queries, pulling reports, etc. using MatchMaker since 2006.

Pros

I can ALWAYS count on customer support via email or telephone! "Rapid transaction entry" of donations is so helpful.

Cons

There are some features I fumble using; writing queries, recalling where to edit lists or amend codes.

Betty from Lindsborg Community Hospital

Excellent support staff and understanding of the non-profit industry.

Better reports, less time entering gifts, better tracking of donors.

Pros

The software is so much easier to used than what had been in place for many years. It is "logical" in the way you can perform the day to day tasks, adding new donors "on the fly". It is obvious the developer knows what a non-profit fundraiser needs to complete the tasks on hand.

Response from Heritage Designs

Replied June 2017

If the zip code is in the software, it will auto-fill the city and state. If the zip code is new to the software, the city and state will need to be entered the first time.

Melinda from IPFW College of Visual and Performing Arts

MatchMaker is a great product for us; we manage both donors and customers seamlessly.

We've been able to manage our customer database with our donor database.

Pros

The customer service is great! I get fast responses and personalized help. I also appreciate the webinars. I'm not able to use the product on a daily basis, thus I forget all the steps to do something, so I call for help regularly.

Cons

The graphics are a little outdated and the report titles are not always intuitive enough for me to find what I need quickly.

Shannon from Summit Pacific Medical Center

The customer support is outstanding!

Pros

I like that it tracks table assignments to prevent overselling an event. I like the help menu and really like the quick response time to any questions.

Cons

I'm a new user and still learning. I believe once I have the framework set up I'll be more savvy to all that it can do.

Pam from Kansas Food Bank

A great program to use!!!

Pros

It is a very simply process to creat the type of report you are looking for. The report is very easy to read and obtain information.

Cons

At times, I have to look a little harder to find what I am in need of. System could be just a little more user friendly.

Rob from BullyingCanada

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

The best Donor Management Software

Pros

This software does everything you could want it to do and then some! It allows you to fully house all required information about a donor that you'd need such as their contact information, giving history, etc. It is the most advanced software I have ever used to date.

Cons

I don't know of any! I love this software! The only one I could think of, If I really had to pick one, would be, is the learning curve. It does take a little while to fully learn how to use the program.

Lorna from ABLE Inc

Great support.

Pros

The software is easy to work with. The quick support we have received is awesome and very explanatory. Thanks for all you do.

Cons

Sometimes I can't find a constituent when I do the search but I know a person is in the system. Other than that, I don't really have any issues.

Michelle from West Valley Child Crisis Center

Industry: Executive Office

MatchMaker helps us stay on track!

This software helps us stay on track with our donors.

Pros

MatchMaker has thought of every possible entry that might need to made. Their customer support goes above and beyond. They are always willing to help!

Cons

Some things can not be changed by the users. That being said, I know if something is in the database that needs to be corrected the staff with MatchMaker would go in and make the correction for you.

Sara from West End Day School

MMFRS has streamlined all the admin task and allow me to focus on meaningful fundraising.

Pros

MatchMaker has the best customer service. Any question you have you can pick up the phone and they are always so friendly, patient and helpful! The software is very easy to use!

Cons

The graphics are a little outdated. I also wish I could further customize the reports and their formats as they are not always intuitive enough for what I need.

Stephanie from Arizona Department of Veterans' Services

Once you get a handle on the MatchMatcher software, it is very easy and so much more efficient.

Efficiency, multiple tasks completed at once, one stop - easy access points

Pros

I like the efficiency of the software and the fact that you can accomplish multiple tasks at once without having to switch systems.

Cons

My least favorite thing about MatchMaker is that the system is initially confusing to understand and use.

Mona from Horizon Community Learning Center

I am a new user to Matchmaker-the customer service is OUTSTANDING!

Pros

Matchmaker genuinely want to help your company grow and is willing to devote the time to understand YOUR needs. Many great features and training with ongoing webinars so you can utilize the system to the fullest extent.

March 2015

Richard from Mountain Rendezvous LLC

March 2015

MatchMatker

Pros

It's intuitive and easy to use. The value and customer service are good.

Cons

MatchMaker does not have an open API for integration.

Ashley from OSBI

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Definitely not my favorite

Pros

Matchmaker is used by a lot of nonprofits and the software does what it states, a donor management system. They provide their users with a wealth of tools and resources for success and their customer service department is outstanding.

Cons

The user interface is very outdated and reminds me of MS Access. It also runs very slow and running reports or queries can be very arduous.