MemberClicks Software Reviews

FrontRunners 2022

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"The software has a nice membership database and allows for good use bu a Chamber of Commerce. We are not a Chamber and find these tools less useful."
  • icon"What I like most is the ease of managing my committees, sending them emails, tracking meetings/minutes/agendas/attendance."
  • icon"Ease of use; excellent technical and customer support."
  • icon"Lack of integration between the desktop and online versions can be cumbersome and less than user-friendly at times."
  • icon"The product's broad capability comes with the downside of being difficult to navigate. It's not intuitive at all."
  • icon"HelpTeam tries to have pissing contest with you instead of getting the job done."

Have you used MemberClicks and would like to share your experience with others?

All MemberClicks Reviews

Joy

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Memberclicks

Rhea

Definitely gets the job done

The on boarding experience was great. The support we received was white glove as we had a large amount of custom skip logic questions in our forms.

Pros

We use this to track our membership and it has been great with the automated reminders and the customization in our membership application form. We also use memberclicks as our event registration system and the connected attributes are great with pre populated info carrying over once someone is signed in. The newest upgrade that helps us track engagement of our members using the system was a huge improvement. I haven’t had time to play with it enough, but having the snapshot who is engaging with our forums and opening Comms is great.

Cons

There is currently no sync with other software where we can move contact info to Mailchimp or or grants program Zengene.

Reasons for choosing MemberClicks

We decided to pay more to get more. After using a bare bones system, we decided a program that saved time and headaches was worth it.

Reasons for switching to MemberClicks

It was a terrible system that staff needed help to do everything with.

Cathy

IFFA Concerns

I have been frustrated with the overall experience with MemberClicks. I felt like the onboarding was not much about training, but about gathering information so that your group could prepare a bare minimum program. I feel the training on the website has been very disappointing. I use the videos to learn how to do something or I look up the procedure, and inevitably, it rarely works. When I have called into the support line and reached a live person, I have been told, that is not how you do it. I feel the training needs some major improvements. There needs to be a little more flexibility in the design of some of the items (event setup should offer more hidden feature options).

Pros

I like that it can integrate with the website.

Cons

I don't like the inflexibility of created pages on the website. I don't like the lack of response time on requests, or call in (this week I sat on "hold" for almost 15 minutes). I don't like the cost of in-person training sessions. Not as happy with this product as I had hoped. I actually prefer the Weblink version over Atlast. I like the easier layout options for the website, but I prefer the options that the Weblink website offered. It was more tailored to our likes.

Reasons for choosing MemberClicks

We felt at the time the WebLinks program worked well for what we needed, since the change over to Atlas, it has been a little more challenging.

Reasons for switching to MemberClicks

Individuals in the office chose to make a change to a more "self" type program - thought we would get more than we were getting - but not necessarily the case.

Mary

August 2022

Valuable Association Asset

Pros

This platform is easy to learn and easy use..

Cons

Since we use both the Website platform and the LMS it would be nice if the upload spreadsheets matched and all of the required fields matched. I.E. in the website zipcodes can be any necessary number of characters which is great because we do have some members from other countries than the US. the LMS only accepts 5 characters, which ends up being an issue.

Reasons for choosing MemberClicks

I was not part of the team that looked at the options, so don't know.

Reasons for switching to MemberClicks

Talley is trying to have all clients on the same platform for conformity and ease of cross training.

Theresa

It's All About the Data!

I was a big believer in WebLink and the product they had, and when they became MemberClicks I was worried about what would happen to the program and platform I had come to love. I am very pleased that all the functionality is still there, they continue to lead the industry in terms of CRM functions and innovation within the field and the customer support is bar none, the best. It is all about the data and the customer service for me.

Pros

The functionality and the ability to extract data on a level no other program currently has.

Cons

The shift to a browser based platform and making it appear more user friendly.

Reasons for choosing MemberClicks

There were no other products considered because I have used all of the ones that currently available and I knew what we needed.

Reasons for switching to MemberClicks

Chamber Nation was not flexible, CRM based or data rich. It did not allow our team to make edits and changes. We were too dependent on someone else to make changes, corrections and edis.

Marianne

Association Management Software

We use the MC Oasis product for all the organizations we manage.

Pros

Adopting new software has a learning curve. MC's tech support is the best. Automated membership renewals saves our office time.

Cons

Tracking members historical participation in the organization is difficult. e.g. meetings attended, committees served...

Reasons for choosing MemberClicks

Cost and ease of use but mostly TECH SUPPORT!

Reasons for switching to MemberClicks

Cost and ease of use but mostly TECH SUPPORT!

Strong Support for Professional Association

Outstanding support not only at initial implementation but throughout our use. MemberClicks actively updates and pushes communications to customers. Their support is very responsive and friendly. MemberClicks is receptive to feature requests that they receive and our capabilities have increased as they have made updates with no add-on costs.

Pros

Memberclicks has a straight forward editor for website articles and creating forms. The Help Center has updated documentation that often includes easy to follow screen shots and video tutorials. Their support response time when submitting tickets has always been fast as well. The system supported all of our needs for setting up event registrations, with multiple pricing tiers by member type and setting attendee caps for sessions.

Cons

Once you select a template for your website you are limited in formatting for creating articles or pages. Access to features such as Circles, forums, elists, and the user profile are a few too many clicks deep for users. Better mobile integration for images to scale appropriately on viewpoint are needed.

Reasons for choosing MemberClicks

The feature to cost ratio was perfect for our association's needs.

Reasons for switching to MemberClicks

Needed more capabilities for event registration in supporting attendance caps for sessions at workshops.

Jerry

Industry: Law Enforcement

Very Satisfied long time Administrator and User

Very satisfied! It automates several membership tasks and allow us to have one program to goto for most of what we need to do for our members. Customer support team is the best I've ever worked with!

Pros

Customer support, ease of use, automates tasks. Provides bult-in online forms for numerous uses.

Cons

Website development is very good but not their forte'. Doesn't allow members to do mass emails to the membership database. Administrators have to do that.

Reasons for choosing MemberClicks

Price, quality of product, features and familiarity with the company.

Reasons for switching to MemberClicks

Wild Apricot support was not good, no built in online forms, website development poor.

Bruce

Industry: Utilities

Very Good Program

I would certainly recommend this program/software to non-profit membership organizations. I would not under any circumstance recommend their LMS software. We just requested a refund of our purchase for that software package.

Pros

It is fairly simple but robust enough to meet or exceed our needs. They were to accomplish or meet our needs in just a few clicks of the mouse.

Cons

Fairly rigid. While most things are built in there is no opportunity to customize anything that they have created as an option

Reasons for choosing MemberClicks

It appeared simple and well supported technically.

Reasons for switching to MemberClicks

NetFORUM’s technical and customer support became abysmal. They would take days to get back to you.

Response from Personify

Thanks for taking the time to review MemberClicks and providing your feedback, Bruce!

Replied May 2021

Brian

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Your Member Management Solution... All in One Software!

We were seeking a platform that could integrate a lot of our functions that were not in one place--ie, we were using one software to track members, another to track events, and yet another to invoice and receive payments from our members. This software has allowed us to streamline our operations by bringing most of our daily functions into one software platform, and has allowed our team to do what they do best-- service our members!

Pros

It is perhaps the most comprehensive software out there in terms of managing a membership database. It not only allows us to store and track basic member data, but also allows us to run registration for events, process payments, create and track different member groups and committees, segment our members according to membership level, track communications with our members, and allows us to communicate with our members relatively easily and seamlessly. If you are comfortable with SQL it offers extremely robust reporting options to view and segment member data in just about any way possible; even if you're not comfortable with SQL it has the ability to build reports, and includes a lot of pre-built reports that are helpful. The best part, however, is the customer service provided. They are always extremely prompt and courteous in responding to questions or issues, have a very robust online help section, and are always seeking out ideas for improvements and enhancements to the software. I've never dealt with a software company that so eagerly seeks (and implements!) the feedback and suggestions of its users!

Cons

As with any software it has its quirks and glitches. Things will stop working for seemingly no reason, but will be resolved in the next update. Reporting can feel a bit clunky at times, especially to those not comfortable with SQL.

Christina

New version is GREAT!

We've been with Memberclicks for a few years and when we started using it we were really disappointed - from the data migration that took over a month to the implementation that took four months and a HUGE chunk of time, to features that didn't work the way we needed. Then a year ago - BANG - new reality! They released an entirely rebuilt database system to some early adopters (including us) and the implementation was FULLY supported (though it took a while, apparently our needs are complicated) and the new platform is great! The staff clearly took all of their clients' feedback and suggestions and recommendations, and continue to do so, and continue to build features and weed out bugs quickly. The customer service staff clearly has new energy - they're incredibly helpful and responsive by email. One major issue is that it does NOT have an API right now - so no talking to other databases. We use MC to manage our complex membership structure (mix of organizations and individuals, with different tiers and a variety of dues structures) and our event registration (we do about 20 events per year). We also use it as our "membership only" website so members can login and self-serve, and as our email blast client. The best feature in my opinion (as membership manager) is the automated renewal invoices. Our bookkeeper likes the way payments can be posted and reports run on transactions. Our communications director likes how easy the "contact center" is to use with the exception that saved messages are stored by their subject line (e.g. rather than labelling a message "BOE Event 2-25-16" it uses the subject line "Join us for nonprofit fundraising workshop" which makes searching problematic.) Our administrative assistant likes how easily you can set up organization-to-individual relationships, and how that's automated when someone takes the Membership Application form online (though there are a few bugs there.) Overall they system is pretty easy to learn and has lots of flexibility and user-controlled or defined aspects. The flexibility makes implementation arduous - you have to set permissions for every member type for every attribute in the database itself and again for public directories and webpages. The MC team walk you through it and can do a lot of the work for you but your prep on defining processes/workflows is crucial. Overall I'd recommend MC - just be clear about what it is you NEED a system to do and what you want a system to do for you.

Pros

Easy to learn as a regular user, lots of flexibility and user-defined workflows, responsive customer service, easy to send email blasts, lots of intuitive features - things tend to be located where you would naturally look for them. It's pretty powerful, particularly for the price point. I like how much is automated and that you can control a lot of it when you have special circumstances. We have fewer work-arounds than I've ever had with a database.

Cons

Complexity of internal setup and interaction between different modules - just a lot to learn and track so you make sure the right members get the right messages. Definitely need at least one staff person who is a "super user" to get it all sorted in the beginning and keep it running when changes happen/new features are released. Our membership structure is really complicated so keeping track of all the different permissions and testing workflows is crucial and time consuming. The lack of API is really annoying, though I'm told that's coming soon. It's also annoying that custom attributes (e.g. our member numbers which apply to organizations, not individuals) don't "cascade" from org-level profiles to their linked individual profiles. MC has an automated member number system but it assigns a unique member number to each profile. That makes uploads/data cleanup easier, but since we have one number to cover all the people working for a given organization, we don't use that feature - we have a manual process work-around which is annoying.

Shirley

Memberclicks is a Good Software for a small business

I have been using Memberclicks for at least 15 years. I started out on the Classic platform. The current platform is fine although form-making can still cause some issues. I use it everyday and have figured out how to do things with my own work-arounds. I attend the users group for Oasis, and the LMS group. We have LMS, Review and the Conference software. We just used LMS for a virtual Conference and I have several suggestions for improving LMS. I see that Personify is changing names (LMS is now Classroom) and we are MC Professionals. What else is coming in the future other than a hike in price for an already expensive system? Memberclicks is fine. I know that does not sound like a rousing endorsement but it is the best our association could find when we decided to change vendors. I am familiar with the software. The customer service is excellent! The response time is phenomenal and they help me with the information they share . I have written to them and called. Always the same excellent service. For the service alone, I wouldn't leave Memberclicks.

Pros

The most impactful features are the creation of a database and the ease of creating forms for Event Management.

Cons

I am not yet a fan of the new Contact Center. I wish that there was a connection with the old contact center so that our messages and images can be available. I know there are work arounds but in this day and age they shouldn't be necessary. I often wonder if the people writing the software are actual users. What seems intuitive and current to them may not translate to being intuitive and modern to the users. Do you test with your users while it is being built? We are small with about 500 members and prospects.

Reasons for switching to MemberClicks

We had no control over ATAC. Their person had to make all changes we needed at a pretty hefty price each time. I had used Memberclicks with a sister organization and I knew that it didn't have to be this way. We had a demo of several software packages for our Board of Directors and hands-down, Memberclicks was the choice.

Anne

Awesome Company and Awesome Product

I love this company. Their help desk are rock stars! We asked for a tweak to their system and we were brought in as alpha testers to help shape this addition. They are always willing to look at ways to make our jobs easier.

Pros

We have been using MemberClicks for over 3 years and this is by far the best AMS program we've seen. I am blown away by the communication and dedication they have with their customers. They are constantly improving and adapting to suggestions their customers ask for.

Cons

The membership experience on the front end of their website could be streamlined for an easier experience.

Kathleen

May 2015

User Friendly, Small Staff Friendly, and just plain...friendly!

Pros

We had to make a quick transition from an existing AMS to another system, and do a build out in less than 6 weeks. Memberclicks was with us every step of the way. They paired individual staff trainings with video and webinar content to get us off the ground, and built out the major pages for us in advance. Instead of taking 500+ staff hours to get the site up and running, we completed everything in less than a week. When we were making the switch, we interviewed 5 potential providers, and Memberclicks' team was far and away the kindest and most helpful. Lots of AMS providers can offer bells and whistles - and Memberclicks competes well on all those metrics. But the most important thing for us, and trust me, for you, is customer service. Memberclicks wins hands down every time when it comes to service.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything we don't like. We've used 3 different systems, and this is the only one that doesn't make the day grumpy.

Angela

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Great for chambers of commerce

I've been very pleased with the software. As others have mentioned, it is constantly evolving and new features are being added, many because of user feedback. The web-based interface is easier to use than the older, desktop application, which is being phased out. The trainers and support staff are great. There are even conference calls every other week to go over new features and to answer clients' questions.

Pros

MemberClicks has all the features and functionality you need to manage and grow your membership and is especially suited for chambers of commerce. Because the software is so multi-faceted, there is a bit of a learning curve getting up to speed, but MemberClicks provides excellent online training videos, support and even regional, live training sessions which I highly recommend.

Cons

MemberClicks provides a Weebly-based website that works with the database. This is a great option for companies with staff that don't have any website/technical training, but can be limiting for those that have that knowledge and training. Fortunately, we were able to redesign our website using Umbraco CMS, working with a local web development company. MemberClicks staff worked with our local company to flow the database-driven elements into the new design. Now, we have the best of both worlds.

Lori