All Mindbody Reviews

Jeannie

Consumer Goods, 501 - 1,000 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2021

Has been great for our business

Emily

Accounting, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2020

MindBody is almost all the software you need for a gym or studio

Overall, MindBody is great and I don't think I've even used half of the features after several years of regular use. There is a way to do anything, and tech always provides good help.

PROS

There is a wide variety of ways that you can structure contracts and payments. The feature that allows you to attach PDF documents to each client helps towards operating in a more paperless manner.

CONS

Refunds and returns are a bit confusing. The product could also be improved with a better attendance system. They should improve the attendance feature. The sign in app apparently doesn't work and we have used a different sign in software.

Reasons for switching to Mindbody

MindBody offers more features for Gym memberships including the ability to set up recurring memberships via ACH bank automatic withdrawal.

Tydie

Alternative Medicine, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Great for a Studio for Fitness Classes

PROS

I liked the clean UI of the backend. It was easy to find a customer and add services/classes.

CONS

It was a little difficult to backtrack and make changes if you just added a class or service to a customer. It takes some learning to do it with ease, just a but of a steep learning curve. Wish it were easier to make changes.

Frances

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Limited & Expensive

PROS

Originally, I really liked all of the gadgets they had to help streamline the check in and check out process, but the equipment they sent was slow and worked poorly after a short time of use.

CONS

They were VERY expensive. All of the upgrades that were really desired for the business were too expensive to be cost effective.

Reason for choosing Mindbody

We we new and it seemed like a great option when I spoke with the sales rep.

Bri

Alternative Medicine, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Worst software , DO NOT recommend

Incredible waste of time, energy and money for me and clients. Unbelievably frustrating and exhausting.

PROS

Nothing, I wish I could go back in time and reverse ever using them. Over charging, no refunds, billing without consent, no receipts

CONS

Hours and days of being on hold. Endless glitches with no solution Charges for no reason with no receipt

Reason for choosing Mindbody

The sales rep was very good and extremely misleading.

Reasons for switching to Mindbody

Amazing customer service Excellent seamless software No hidden fees No extra charges without consent Local and relevant customer service No wait times

Laura

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Never grew to love it

It was a fine enough experience. I was however in support of seeking out other booking systems that could sustain both class sign-in and appointment bookings.

PROS

I used this product mainly to sign people into class and occasionally to book people in for a treatment. I appreciate that Mindbody offer the opportunity to do both and allow for therapists to run their practice out of the studio. I cannot comment on the quality of charting options available.

CONS

I have used this platform for 8 years and I have never grown to love it. It frequently glitches. It isn't the most user-friendly. The last time I used it, they were trying to implement a new UI to sign people into classes. Instead of presenting an inviting, easier format, it's just incredibly annoying and counter-intuitive. Turning the prompt down once doesn't work; every time I log back into my account I have to click on a small button to use the old version. Although I don't know the cost, I have heard from many that it is very expensive for what it is you're getting.

Trish

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Difficult to Use but Necessary

It is a necessary part of the business but never worked well and has always been a software that we've tried to leave and find a better suited software for our business. My franchisees had constant complaints and often things just don't work correctly and it's difficult to get help or figure out why.

PROS

Fairly easy to use the email functions and member communications functions. I was able to teach myself or use help topics to figure out how to do most things.

CONS

Reporting is not easy to use or to find. The system has multiple limitations and is not user friendly. There is no "shopping cart" experience where I could resell or cross sell. Customer service is a nightmare.

SAROJBEN

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Health & Wellness Software Mindbody Review

PROS

Mindbody has great customer service and allows my patients to access beauty and wellness needs in a single platform. From gym to personal trainer to physical therapy needs, Mindbody is able to handle it all.

CONS

Mindbody can be pricey for customers and it can be a drawback. Other than that, it is a great tool to achieve fitness and personal well-being goals.

Rebecca

Performing Arts, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2023

A good system that did not work as well for Canadian clients

PROS

Customer service was very good. We were able to easily put in our schedules and see the overall picture of our enrollment structure. Tracking clients was well done.

CONS

Mindbody at the time of our usage did not allow for online registration for clients, payment systems for Canadians not the ability for our clients to have a portal into their accounts to make changes and access information. It was very rudementary in its design. As such we changed systems entirely for ease of business.

Reason for choosing Mindbody

Mindbody offered a trial and a very good set up and training. As this system was a huge improvement to what we were already using, we switched. It was only afterwards that we found an even better system. Using MindBody for a few years really showed the cracks in the system as to what our needs were as a business.

Reasons for switching to Mindbody

We needed a system that would allow our clients more accessibility - online registration, seeing how many spots were still open in each class, the ability for them to update their billing information/address/phone numbers etc. Print receipts from their accounts. Make their own payments online. Review emails sent to them. Be able to access and review their signed studio policies. A system that integrated with our website so the information we were putting out was accurate in real time. We also needed to be able to batch charge individual classes/team for items. Sadly Mindbody was lacking in several of these areas and it was causing a lot of additional workload for our administrative and management staff.

Nicholas

Recreational Facilities and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Fitness Goals

Highly recommend. My business has grown in the short amount of time I have been using the app. Looking forward to the future benefits.

PROS

Being able to schedule appointments with clients I service. Easy to see availability of my schedule and allows my clients to see availability. No need to communicate with them outside of the app. Simple and organized.

CONS

Notifications when things change on my schedule. Before appointments begin, I have to make sure that the client is still coming in by checking the schedule. There have been times I did not receive notice they cancelled.

Edward

Music, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

No Longer Suitable for Music Teacher; Expensive for Small Businesses

I have used MindBody for nearly 15 years, both as an administrator and staff/user, and I used to work in software. I used to love them and, early on, I would frequently recommend them to colleagues - the deployment phase was exceptional. However, they are not the company them once were - nor is their software as attractive, simple to use, or innovative as it used to be. The user-interface is very tired-looking, they are focused on up-selling to bigger clients who can afford and ignoring the smaller clients of which I am one. (Their costs are £100-450pcm basic, plus an additional £199 pcm for an almost essential mobile app, which puts it well out of range for a small business. Probably, importantly, the functionality is also possibly geared around larger yoga, hair-salons, gyms, etc. I am a music teacher. I think it's time I looked at a more tailored music teaching option.

PROS

Excellent support at deployment stage; good customer service response times; very friendly staff; used to be market leaders; possibly good functionality but only available at premiums packages

CONS

Old-fashioned user-interface (very web v.1); very expensive; limited functionality compared to competition (good functionality only available at premiums packages); current business model seems to be selling 'tailored' mobile apps at £199 pcm, which we all know is off-the-shelf code painted a different colour and without enough modifiable options to justify the expense). No longer market leaders; unaware of competition; mixed staff knowledge (their recent expansion means too many employees have severely limited knowledge, and I frequently get passed around 'experts' or stuck re-explaining my issues).

Reason for choosing Mindbody

I chose MindBody 10 years ago when there weren't many better alternatives or industry-specific alternatives. There now are considerable options for music teaching software so I fear I must bid MindBody goodbye...

Marnie

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Inconsistent pricing

PROS

I like how simple it is to book things throughout the app

CONS

I don't like how there tend to be inconsistencies from MindBody to other apps for the same services.

Carsyn

Veterinary, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed March 2024

Mindbody is an amazing platform for keeping appointments, bookings, fitness classes, and more organized and accessible from your device.

PROS

Mindbody allows me to my to do list all in one app. I have used it for salon bookings, gym memberships, etc and it is nice to have all of those in one place and easily accessible. I also appreciate the reminders that the app deploys so that I won't forget any of my appointments.

CONS

I have no complaints. I appreciate being able to easily book appointments from my phone without having to access other websites or make a call.

Mitchell

Higher Education, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2024

Simple for reviews

PROS

Very easy to use. Simple to see all places to book appointments.

CONS

There wasn't much that I didn't enjoy, besides the fact that it's not universal so I didn't have many appointments on it. It would be nice if it could be integrated as a web interface as I am only aware of the app.

April

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed January 2024

Fantastic App!

Mindbody is a great app to make appointments and keep track of schedules.

PROS

I love how easy Mindbody is to use. I can easy and quickly find my appointments and also see other options in my area.

CONS

It would be nice if it kept me logged in, it seems I have to log back in every time.

Reviewed November 2023

Perfect for health and wellness industries

PROS

MindBody offers a user-friendly interface, and robust scheduling features.

CONS

The prices are not shown in the pricing page.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2020

LIGHTYEARS BEHIND THE COMPETITION

My experience was $500 per month at two locations of nigthmares, frustration, and apologies for clients. I truly should have left them years ago, but don't like making clients switch POS systems more than once in 5 years, and I should have just done it sooner.

PROS

The only thing good about this software is the App on the customer facing side.

CONS

Customer Service, Pricing, Poor Interface, Difficult to Set Up.

Reason for choosing Mindbody

I left Mindbody for Fresha, and it's the best software I have used by a mile. Not only is the App smooth, defect free, attractive, and intuitive, it was also HUNDREDS of dollars a month CHEAPER! I honestly cannot say enough good things about Fresha. They continue to innovate and work within the beauty and hair industry to make the best product. Boulevard is a new up and comer, but even that I tried is far behind Fresha in value.

Reasons for switching to Mindbody

Booker was even worse... an easy bar to exceed.

Lina

Facilities Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Poor service, overpriced, don’t use them

Poor, very poor. In fact how this company is handling Client cancellation is so bad I question if it is even legal.

PROS

Biggest name. Expensive with huge amount of functions one does not know what to do with.

CONS

Over Pericles, 3-3.5 times the price of competition. Poor admin support, you get everyone answering your questions without reading into any previous email exchange. Extensive function but don’t offer the most basic one like sending an automatic payment receipt (invoice) to clients. “Sorry you need to do this manually” not for $470/month, I won’t be. Impossible to cancel omg, they make you run around like crazy just for a cancellation. If you need to give 30 days notice to cancel, you will need another 30 days on top at least to get through the number of useless emails they keep sending you and the number of security questions they ask is more than a bank would.

Reason for choosing Mindbody

We chose it for the name, and size of the company, we made a huge mistake.

Reasons for switching to Mindbody

Cheaper. Same function. Offer basic functions which mind body does not. Branded app is still cheaper than MB price.

Tatiyana

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

I like it but..

Mindbody sets a high bar for business software. But unfortunately their quality of customer services does not match the high premium you pay. There are definitely softwares out there that will suit exactly what you are looking for with a support team that is willing to help you in every way at a fraction of the cost.

PROS

Mindbody is like driving a fully loaded Mercedes Benz. Looks pretty. Has all the features. Very custom and detailed.

CONS

Con: way too expensive. customer service plummeted. Not accommodating. Does not matter if you are a long term customer I feel like I am just a number and they could care less if they lose you as a customer or not.

Reason for choosing Mindbody

Because Mindbody at the time was an all inclusives software with all the features I was looking for and the price was amazing when I first signed up in 2015.

Reasons for switching to Mindbody

I outgrew schedulicity and needed more features that they weren't offering at the time.

William

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2018

MindBody is on its way to becoming something great.

My overall experience with Mindbody business management has been well. Customer service is really good, each department I speak with is very helpful and informative. However, I would like to see Mindbody have a department or a program that allows businesses to collaborate with the MindBody software team, to help improve the software and help the Mindbody software team understands the types of software tools different business would need.

PROS

I consider MindBody on the computer, and a mobile device two different software experiences. What I enjoy the most about MindBody on the computer, is the ability to resize the window, which allows you to control the amount of information on the screen. What I like most about the MindBody software on a mobile device is the ease of use, and straight to the point UI.

CONS

What I like least about the MindBody software on the computer is the outdated feel and UI. Some menus feel cluttered, while other menus are mostly blank and could contain more information or a drop-down menu and some tabs feel hidden too. A lot of our staff members state that they can not understand the software at first glance and have a difficult time navigating the UI. Simply put, the software should be as easy as, I want to do A, B and C, and should be able to not have to dig through tabs and menus to do it. Another thing I like least about the software is location management. Our business has two locations using Mindbody, and there is not an easy eay to switch between both accounts, without having to completely log out of the account and log back into the other one. What I like least about the MindBody software on a mobile device, is the business app, it can sometimes look outdated as well. The schedule tab in day view looks cluttered at first glance. The client tab is mostly blank when it could have a "most recently added" tab, or "clients that checked in today" or "Clients that checked in this week" tab.

Sports, 2-10 employees